Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #91
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
SoHappy, it's ? time again! How would a JUDDD soul go about changing the days in the week that they want to do UDs? Can we change the every other day thing to something else? I read somewhere that someone only did DDs Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the rest were UDs. Does this work? Thanks for the info in advance!

And about the Dreamfields. The reason I eat it is because it is the lowest one I have yet to find in calories. Most every other one has at least 20 or more calories per serving than the Dreamfields (I checked in the grocery store yesterday, 15 minutes and every box/bag of spaghetti ).

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 08-10-2011 at 03:12 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Okay, Cookie #1 is finished and boxed up. I tasted one, it was good, but didn't do too much damage thank heavens.

SoHappy I am like you - keep the darned cake, I want cookies! I remember how shocked DH and I were at our first out-of-state wedding to find no cookie table. How unAmerican lol. Later we learned it's a Pittsburgh thing but it's spreading to the rest of the country as we Pittsburghers move around lol.

Linda - actually I am fine with not having cookies at all. I usually bake them just once a year, at Christmas, but also bake if asked like in this case. My temptation is more in the raw stage lol. And I do enjoy an attack on a cookie table or Christmas assortment, but other than that, I don't have cookies around or feel like I need them.

It's an UD for me today but I've kept my calories low, knowing I'd be doing some tasting. I'm going to enjoy some leftovers, too - boy did I miss my veggies on my all-protein stint! I made some yummy eggplant parmiagiano and Greek spinach for my hubby yesterday, and I'll have some of that for dinner. I make my eggplant the way the Italians do so it's not breaded and fried, although there are some hefty fat cals from cheese.

SoHappy, I can see why you are biding your time on the oat fiber, but once you have it you'll wish you'd gotten it sooner. I need to order some more gluc powder and am in the same boat regarding wanting to make the shipping cost "worthwhile" even though I have to say Netrition's shipping costs are incredibly reasonable. I might add in some of the more unusual Davinci syrups that I can't find locally.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
SoHappy, it's ? time again! How would a JUDDD soul go about changing the days in the week that they want to do UDs? Can we change the every other day thing to something else? I read somewhere that someone only did DDs Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the rest were UDs. Does this work? Thanks for the info in advance!

And about the Dreamfields. The reason I eat it is because it is the lowest one I have yet to find in calories. Most every other one has at least 20 or more calories per serving than the Dreamfields (I checked in the grocery store yesterday, 15 minutes and every box/bag of spaghetti ).
LOL Well, certainly I can only answer for myself here, but as an example, say you're going along well with UDs and DDs just in a true and simple alternation. That means that in weeks of alternating days, you will have weeks with 3 DDs and 4 UDs... and then the next week will have 4 DDs and 3 UDs. (I hope you're with me so far.) So if you just go along in a straight alternating pattern, it's simple and easy.

But if you'd like to have every M & W & F be DDs, you have the option of inserting that extra UD in there to *hold* that pattern, week after week after week, or... you can insert a single Medium Day into each week as the extra day. So something right in the middle, calorie-wise. That way you aren't kinda' sneaking in all those extra calories from that other UD. A Medium Day is sort of like making that seventh day each week into a half UD/half DD sort of day.

Did this answer in a way that made it understandable?

Or did you mean how do you plan ahead to make sure an upcoming event (where there will be good eats) lands on an UD, so that you can go and enjoy?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Okay, Cookie #1 is finished and boxed up. I tasted one, it was good, but didn't do too much damage thank heavens.

SoHappy I am like you - keep the darned cake, I want cookies! I remember how shocked DH and I were at our first out-of-state wedding to find no cookie table. How unAmerican lol. Later we learned it's a Pittsburgh thing but it's spreading to the rest of the country as we Pittsburghers move around lol.

Linda - actually I am fine with not having cookies at all. I usually bake them just once a year, at Christmas, but also bake if asked like in this case. My temptation is more in the raw stage lol. And I do enjoy an attack on a cookie table or Christmas assortment, but other than that, I don't have cookies around or feel like I need them.

It's an UD for me today but I've kept my calories low, knowing I'd be doing some tasting. I'm going to enjoy some leftovers, too - boy did I miss my veggies on my all-protein stint! I made some yummy eggplant parmiagiano and Greek spinach for my hubby yesterday, and I'll have some of that for dinner. I make my eggplant the way the Italians do so it's not breaded and fried, although there are some hefty fat cals from cheese.

SoHappy, I can see why you are biding your time on the oat fiber, but once you have it you'll wish you'd gotten it sooner. I need to order some more gluc powder and am in the same boat regarding wanting to make the shipping cost "worthwhile" even though I have to say Netrition's shipping costs are incredibly reasonable. I might add in some of the more unusual Davinci syrups that I can't find locally.
I'm totally looking forward to finding my first Cookie Table at some wedding around here. I'd even crash a reception if I heard there was going to be a Cookie Table. Who'd know? Everyone would just think I was some crazy old aunt on the *other* side of the family! LOL

And, OK... looks like I'm going to need another of your fabulous recipes here. How do I make your eggplant parmigiano and Greek spinach? Wow! That just sounds wonderful. If you get a chance, and whenever you have time 'cause I know this takes a bit, but I'd love it if you'd post the recipes.

And then lastly, I was afraid that you were going to say something about how I really needed to get that oat fiber. LOLOLOLOL Well, one of these days I will.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
Hiya Everyone!
I love seeing new posts when I come by. Weddings, cookies, pasta and eggplant .. OH MY! I will take a helping of all of them please. Well .. maybe tomorrow ... today is a DD.

Well I had my mac-n-cheese yesterday and it was AWESOME! I checked my blood sugar several times for the next 3 hours following the pasta and the highest it got was 145. That wasn't great .. but not bad at all. However, I noticed I was no longer in ketosis this morning. I think I will stop peeing on the sticks for a while since I know quite a lot of folks are losing without ever turning the sticks purple. Maybe just leave them alone for a month until I see if JUDDD is going to help me lose weight or not. Praying it does .. because I really think I am going to love this WOE .. FOR LIFE!

All I ate today was some FF slaw (shredded cabbage with ff mayo (YUCK), sf sweet pickles, and 1 splenda), 3 strawberries, 6 broccoli flowerets, 2 small baby carrots and some soup (gr. beef, cabbage, green beans, diced tomatoes w/ green chilies, and ff chicken broth). Oh .. and I drank 2 cups of coffee and 2 cups of ff chicken broth.

Totals according to ******:
Cals: 239
Fat: 13.2
Carbs: 21.2
Fiber: 6.6
Protein: 11.9

Fat: 49%
Carbs: 33%
Protein: 18%

I am really looking forward to having an omelet in the morning! That is a good thing because usually I do not care to eat breakfast .. and I am not that big on omelets. Now I actually want it. LOL

If I do get hungry later, I will just have some more broth.

OH! I had a 6" piece of celery earlier with one of the cups of chicken broth .. i so forgot to add that into ******. At least I know it won't change things too much when I do add it in.

You are all doing so well! I am very glad to be a part of this with you!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Linda, what is that pumpernickel wrap you talked about, which you filled with veggies and topped with the balsamic? What do I need to be looking for in the stores? I'm always chasing down great low calorie *food finds* that Donna tells us about. Now I'll be looking for foods you are also finding useful. LOL
The wraps are made by Tumaro's Gourmet Tortillas. The name is New York Deli Style Wraps. I found them in the deli department of my local Shop Rite store. They had Rye, Whole Wheat, Pumpernickle and one other that I can't remember. Large wrap, 80 calories, 19g carbs, 10g fiber.

Very tasty!!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbmoon View Post
Hiya Everyone!
I love seeing new posts when I come by. Weddings, cookies, pasta and eggplant .. OH MY! I will take a helping of all of them please. Well .. maybe tomorrow ... today is a DD.

Well I had my mac-n-cheese yesterday and it was AWESOME! I checked my blood sugar several times for the next 3 hours following the pasta and the highest it got was 145. That wasn't great .. but not bad at all. However, I noticed I was no longer in ketosis this morning. I think I will stop peeing on the sticks for a while since I know quite a lot of folks are losing without ever turning the sticks purple. Maybe just leave them alone for a month until I see if JUDDD is going to help me lose weight or not. Praying it does .. because I really think I am going to love this WOE .. FOR LIFE!

All I ate today was some FF slaw (shredded cabbage with ff mayo (YUCK), sf sweet pickles, and 1 splenda), 3 strawberries, 6 broccoli flowerets, 2 small baby carrots and some soup (gr. beef, cabbage, green beans, diced tomatoes w/ green chilies, and ff chicken broth). Oh .. and I drank 2 cups of coffee and 2 cups of ff chicken broth.

Totals according to ******:
Cals: 239
Fat: 13.2
Carbs: 21.2
Fiber: 6.6
Protein: 11.9

Fat: 49%
Carbs: 33%
Protein: 18%

I am really looking forward to having an omelet in the morning! That is a good thing because usually I do not care to eat breakfast .. and I am not that big on omelets. Now I actually want it. LOL

If I do get hungry later, I will just have some more broth.

OH! I had a 6" piece of celery earlier with one of the cups of chicken broth .. i so forgot to add that into ******. At least I know it won't change things too much when I do add it in.

You are all doing so well! I am very glad to be a part of this with you!
Your calories are pretty low for today and is that because you just weren't hungry or are you trying to keep them that low?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Your calories are pretty low for today and is that because you just weren't hungry or are you trying to keep them that low?
It is because Dad (DH's father) stayed in the kitchen almost ALL day. He has a TV in the kitchen and many days he stays in there watching TV and reading the newspaper. I don't like going to the kitchen when he is in there (not because he has done anything wrong .. I am just weird). So I was actually quite hungry earlier today but only went in and grabbed a few pieces of raw veggies when he went to the bathroom.

My goal is to keep my DD cals around 500 and my UD around 1250-1500 unless it is a special occasion (like the rare times when we actually go somewhere to eat).

I feel a little hungry .. but not too bad.

Funny thing is .. I craved several things today ... hot wings, turkey burger, baked chicken, and an omelette. This evening I realized that each of the things I craved were LC PROTEINS. That is a good thing ... I didn't crave a carb food at all.

Last edited by Moonchild; 08-10-2011 at 07:20 PM..
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #99

Quote:
It is because Dad (DH's father) stayed in the kitchen almost ALL day. He has a TV in the kitchen and many days he stays in there watching TV and reading the newspaper. I don't like going to the kitchen when he is in there (not because he has done anything wrong .. I am just weird). So I was actually quite hungry earlier today but only went in and grabbed a few pieces of raw veggies when he went to the bathroom.

My goal is to keep my DD cals around 500 and my UD around 1250-1500 unless it is a special occasion (like the rare times when we actually go somewhere to eat).

I feel a little hungry .. but not too bad.

Funny thing is .. I craved several things today ... hot wings, turkey burger, baked chicken, and an omelette. This evening I realized that each of the things I craved were LC PROTEINS. That is a good thing ... I didn't crave a carb food at all.
I think your DD goal is a good one, and maybe you can store food in away from the kitchen for those days when Dad is in there all the time. You may not want to make a habit of those DDs being so low in calories that you walk around hungry. So far I haven't been hungry on my DDs at all, and I really thought I would be! Also, our bodies love to talk to us when we listen and it seems yours may have been telling you that it wanted more protein today. I have found that when I listen to my body I always eat on plan, exactly what I feel like having and just enough until I'm full. Not easy to do, but once we get the hang of it, it works well.

WTG on NOT craving all the carby foods! SEE, you are on your way to good health and a slimmer you!!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Hi everyone. I was a little worried when I tried to find the thread and saw that it had been moved. Glad I found it.

I have been busy and unable to check in as much, but I am still plodding along with JUDDD. SoHappy you asked about Atkins shakes and calories-some of them had 140 cals and some had 160. I saw the shakes they had at Aldi, but didn't check the calorie or carb count. I am ready to try to move on to eating real food on dd's.

Yesterday, I messed up some on my ud and overdid the carbs.:blush: You would think I would know better, but I did it anyway. I can handle some carbier foods in moderation, but not all three meals plus snacks. It just makes me feel sick.

Today was a down day and I felt very tempted to cheat. I am having a bad week with lots of bad luck and just yucky stuff and stress going on. I was hungry and tempted to just eat and go over calories, but I didn't. I am proud of myself and I can eat what I want (within reason ) tomorrow.

I see some more people joining the thread so I will say welcome to all.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyathome View Post
Hi everyone. I was a little worried when I tried to find the thread and saw that it had been moved. Glad I found it.

I have been busy and unable to check in as much, but I am still plodding along with JUDDD. SoHappy you asked about Atkins shakes and calories-some of them had 140 cals and some had 160. I saw the shakes they had at Aldi, but didn't check the calorie or carb count. I am ready to try to move on to eating real food on dd's.

Yesterday, I messed up some on my ud and overdid the carbs.:blush: You would think I would know better, but I did it anyway. I can handle some carbier foods in moderation, but not all three meals plus snacks. It just makes me feel sick.

Today was a down day and I felt very tempted to cheat. I am having a bad week with lots of bad luck and just yucky stuff and stress going on. I was hungry and tempted to just eat and go over calories, but I didn't. I am proud of myself and I can eat what I want (within reason ) tomorrow.

Thank you for the and here is a few and a for staying on plan and not caving in because of your yucky stuff going on!

You should be proud and I'm inspired!!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Here ya go, SoHappy. I'll put these recipes in this thread because I don't think they fit well in a JUDDD down day thread due to calories involved.

When this eggplant is made the "traditional" way, it is sauteed in olive oil but it does absorb a lot of oil that way, so I modified it a long time ago to my method and love it. A good olive oil when used sparingly still gives it that lush taste.

Eggplant Parmigiano

2 big eggplants, peeled, and sliced lengthwise into "steaks" about 1/4" thick
A couple of cups of spaghetti sauce, your favorite
Some very very very thinly sliced provolone cheese (about half typical deli slice thickness, ask them to slice it special)
Some shredded mozzarella
Parmesan cheese (canister kind is fine)
Salt, pepper

Peel and slice down eggplants. Lay out slices on baking sheets (I use silpats, but you could also oil or pam spray the sheets). Sprinkle with a little salt, and either lightly brush with olive oil or I use a Pampered Chef oil spritzer for a very light coat of olive oil on each slice. Flip over and do the same to the other side. Pop in a 375 degree oven and bake until softened - varies as to how thick you've cut your slices, and how moist or dry the eggplants are. You don't want them mushy but you do want them tender. If you've cut the eggplant really thin, keep an eye on it because it will turn brown and taste kind of burnt pretty fast.

Prepare a baking pan by spreading a thin layer of sauce over the bottom. When your eggplant is softened, start making layers - one layer of eggplant, a very thin spread of sauce, a sprinkle of parm cheese, top the whole layer with a layer of the thin provolone. Repeat layers until you use up all your eggplant. Two big eggplants let me make a 9 x 13 pan three layers deep. End with a thin spread of sauce, cover with foil and bake about 30 minutes until a knife inserted encounters no resistance. Remove foil and sprinkle with some shredded mozzarella and pop back into the oven to melt the mozz. We love eggplant and want its taste to come through so it is important to be stingy with the sauce or it will overpower the dish. Likewise, provolone can do the same which is why I use very thin slices only. You could use mozz instead of provolone but I don't think it's as good.

My greek spinach recipe is basically just the stuffing for spanikopita (spinach pie) minus the phyllo.

A couple of pounds of spinach, chopped (you can substitute frozen, thawed well). I use a whole huge bag of the fresh spinach from Costco - I think it's about 2.5 pounds
1 cup finely diced onion
2 bunches green onions, diced, including as much green as is good
1/2 cup parsley, chopped (fresh is definitely best but you can use a tsp or two of dried if you must)
2 tbs dried dillweed
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 lb. ricotta or cottage cheese (I like it best with cottage cheese)

Wash and drain the chopped spinach very well. If using frozen spinach, thaw completely and squeeze out excess water. Spinach should be dry.

Melt some butter in a deep saute pan or large dutch oven. Saute the onions and green onions until tender. Add the spinach, parsley, and dill and cook for a few minutes until the spinach is wilted and heated through. Add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. I put into a colander and let it drain for a little while into a bowl and save any escaping "juice" for soup.

If using frozen spinach, you'll need to squeeze until it's pretty dry.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the feta, eggs, and cottage or ricotta cheese. Add the cooled spinach mixture and mix until combined. It works best for me if I use two forks.

Coat a 9x13 baking dish with butter - you can melt it and twirl it around or just "grease" it. Butter really makes the flavor - you can use pam if you want but...you have been warned lol. Pour mixture into pan and smooth out.

Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes until the edges just start to brown a tiny bit. Cut into squares.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

penguinpower! ... I LOVE SPANIKOPITA!!! I definitely have got to try your version. YUM!

So far today I have had:
B:
1 Jenny-O turkey burger patty
2 Large Eggs scrambled w/1 tsp. butter
Coffee

L:
1/2 serving Mac-n-cheese made with Dreamfields

I am stuffed! I guess I should have had just the turkey patty. I am learning to listen to my body ... but is it my fault my body didn't scream loud enough until AFTER I had eaten? :P

Supper will more than likely be a salad made with iceberg lettuce, cold chicken breast, banana peppers, black pepper and Southwest Ranch dressing.

Snacks for today (IF I need one) will be a snack bag of various lc, raw veggies (6 broccoli florets, 3 cauliflower florets, 3 miniature baby carrots). Might have 1-2 strawberries. I am supposed to bake brownies today for the family so I may need a strawberry.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #104

DD today and DBF decides he wants to go "grab a bite to eat" for dinner!

I look around at the options and decided on Panera Bread. For 290 Calories I can have a bowl of LF chicken noodle soup and 1/2 a smoked turkey sandwich. Very doable and a nice LCal meal for my DD. Breakfast was some hot flax cereal w/coconut milk and my usual tea w/half and half. The cereal REALLY fills me up since it's made with Protein Powder/flax/wheat bran so whenever I eat this late in the morning I'm usually good until dinner. A cup of coffee in between and I'm GOLDEN!!

With breakfast, tea/coffee w/half and half and Panera I will be at 452 calories, leaving me 248 calories left from my 700 calories for the day! That's good for a nice salad and low calorie snack or 2 tonight, if I'm hungry and want one.

I'm still losing, and I'm happy with my 700 DD and 1400/1600 UD! Seems to be working every well!

Penquin, that Greek spinach sounds amazing!!! I'm going to try this very soon.......thanks!!

Last edited by Beeb; 08-11-2011 at 09:54 AM..
Old 08-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 08

Hi, pardon me while I toot my horn for a moment. I weigh 99.6 today!! My midsection looks really good (that's my trouble area).

Today is my second up day on Juddd. I know I need to up my calories, but I'm a little scared... my big planned splurge is a grilled cheese sammy on gluten free bread (very small bread slices).

Beeb, you are doing so great! You should be the poster girl for the plan. I love Panera! Great to know they have some low cal options. Does the calorie count for the sandwich include cheese?

penguinpower, the greek spinach dish sounds great! So this is more of an up day item right?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post

Hi, pardon me while I toot my horn for a moment. I weigh 99.6 today!! My midsection looks really good (that's my trouble area).

Today is my second up day on Juddd. I know I need to up my calories, but I'm a little scared... my big planned splurge is a grilled cheese sammy on gluten free bread (very small bread slices).

Beeb, you are doing so great! You should be the poster girl for the plan. I love Panera! Great to know they have some low cal options. Does the calorie count for the sandwich include cheese?

penguinpower, the greek spinach dish sounds great! So this is more of an up day item right?

99.6!! Look at you go, girlfriend!! What an inspiration you are!!

Just a thought about being afraid to eat on your UDs. What I'm finding is if I don't eat enough calories on my UD I'm more hungry on my DD. I tried this yesterday and today I'm more hungry than I have been before. Just my observation with how this is going for me.

There is no cheese on the sandwich, which is fine with me. I may bring a slice of FF cheese with me, but not sure. For another 30 calories it's doable if I decide to bring the cheese!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #107

Where is our beloved SoHappy today and where has Leo gone?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #108

Hi, Guys! I haven't worked so hard since I quit work.

Had *my guy* come over this morning to take off my old front storm door and get the new one installed. Not a quick or an easy job to do. I left to run a couple of errands and when I got back I thought to myself.. "That doesn't look like I remember the door looking when I bought it at Menards. Hmmmmm...." And I should have just stopped him at that point, but I'm a doofus, and so I let him continue, thinking that somehow it would look right once it was kinda' up. Or something. Well, it didn't look right, and long story short, when I bought it, the kid stood right in front of the correct door and wrote down the wrong number on my paperwork. So when the guy who does work for me picked it up, he check and rechecked to make sure he was getting the right door, and everything checked out just fine. All of the wrong numbers matched up just fine. So I had to have it taken back off, we all trooped backed to the store, I got an exchange and brought home the correct door, and felt I had to pay my guy for his wasted time, which pizzes me off, but there is NO WAY I am making him not get paid for his wasted time, but is the store going to reimburse me? I doubt it very much! And now he can't come back to put this door on until next Tuesday. Arrgggghhhh!

I was So-o-o-o-o-o mad that I cleaned my living room. I mean, moving furniture and shampooing the carpeting! I have pale, pale cream carpeting. And a husband. And a cat. And occasionally the visiting beloved grandchild. Need I say more? Spots. Stains. Soil. So I took my anger and frustration out on that carpet shampooing session, and now I feel better and the carpet looks better, and I'm back to myself again.

So. A big, juicy pork shoulder roast in the oven, potatoes and carrots ready to peel and add in to the pot in a bit, and that's going to be an easy supper which husband will love. He's an Midwestern *meat & potatoes* guy. I'll slice some fresh tomatoes too. And we're still eating on that giant, locally-grown cantaloupe, which turned out to be a nice sweet one, so I'll put some more of that out too. I'll eat a bit of that stuff too, but mostly I'll be having a great big salad. I'm not hungry at this time. Mostly just thirsty from my hard work. LOL

Hope you all had a good and productive day today, and I'll get caught up with all these posts yet this evening. It will be a pleasure to just sit at my computer and read and relax!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #109

What a CRAZY day for you SoHappy! Sometimes I just don't understand customer service and sales help anymore. No pride in their work or abilities!

Well, at least the rug is nice and clean! I wish I could do that kind of stuff when I get upset! Instead I write, never send the letter 9 out of 10 times, but it helps to get it off my chest.

Tried making SF/FF instant pudding today with coconut milk instead of reg. milk. Didn't work and I'm upset I got 4 serving of what is now SF/FF cheesecake pudding that won't set! I poured one serving over my cantaloupe this evening and ate it like that. Kinda like a creamed cantaloupe cheesecake! It was good, but NOT the pudding texture I wanted. I posted about this over on the recipe thread and for the life of me can't figure out how to make this set. I wrote an email to Kraft and told them shame for not telling us this won't work. They mention not to use soy milk, but nothing else. Was going to save 20 calories per serving if this had worked! I'm not through yet, though. Will figure out something that will make these babies set!

My Panera Bread meal was good! Filling enough and I was happy to be able to eat what the rest of the gang was eating. Saved this meal in my favorites on Fat Secret for future DDs! I really like the fact that they post all the calories next to the menu items now in the restaurant. This is great because there is no more guessing or having to look up before I go!

Well, hope everyone had a great UD or DD and watch out for the full moon!!

Last edited by Beeb; 08-11-2011 at 06:22 PM..
Old 08-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #110
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JonJon
Stats: 110kg/80kg/70kg
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2011
Hey guys, I have been reading your posts for a while. After starting to feel like a bit of a stalker I decided to join in.

Been on JUDDD for 3 weeks now, and I have used a lot of your advice and info to get this far.

Still I got to say I wake up with a SMILE on an UP DAY!!!!!

All of your progress and determination has been an inspiration to me, and I am sure to other "Stalker lurkers" out there as well.

Thanks guys!
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JonJon
Stats: 110kg/80kg/70kg
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2011
Just on a bit of a side note, does anyone else have a patch of fat they have had since they were a kid?

For me it has been this "pouch" of fat under my belly button. I cant even remember not having it. It is hard to imagine myself without it. Dont get me wrong, Id love to part ways with this old "friend" but everytime I have looked at myself it has been there.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #112

Quote:
..........Tried making SF/FF instant pudding today with coconut milk instead of reg. milk. Didn't work and I'm upset I got 4 serving of what is now SF/FF cheesecake pudding that won't set! I poured one serving over my cantaloupe this evening and ate it like that. Kinda like a creamed cantaloupe cheesecake! It was good, but NOT the pudding texture I wanted. I posted about this over on the recipe thread and for the life of me can't figure out how to make this set. I wrote an email to Kraft and told them shame for not telling us this won't work. They mention not to use soy milk, but nothing else. Was going to save 20 calories per serving if this had worked! I'm not through yet, though. Will figure out something that will make these babies set!..........
Linda, I never knew that instant stuff had to have any particular kind of milk in order to set. Have you tried almond milk? I use that quite a bit on my DDs, since it's only 40 calories for a cup of unsweetened almond milk, except I like the flavor of the unsweetened vanilla flavor the best, but it's no more calories for that slight vanilla flavoring. I don't have any right now, but I'll put that on the grocery list and then give instant pudding a try with it. And really too bad that it wouldn't set up with using the coconut milk because that sounds really tasty!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #113

Hey, JonJon! Glad you came out of stalker mode to join us here!

I hear ya' about being in a good mood when you wake up on an UP Day. But one thing I've noticed, which is the strangest thing, is that so often I don't even feel hungry the morning after a DD, and you'd think I would wake up with a raging appetite. I finally just decided our brains must get used to eating certain ways, and then respond by signaling us to have hunger pangs at certain times. Like, once we became industrialized and took our lunch breaks when the noon whistle went off, our appetites grew to anticipate eating at that midday hour. If your family eats supper at 5:30, you get hungry around that time in anticipation, but if you join a group that never eats supper until 8:00, you soon find that your appetite holds until around then instead. We're capable of being programmed.

So finally I've got pretty used to the DDs and don't have my tummy complain about it much anymore. In fact, I hardly notice it anymore. And sometimes at first I was almost overcome with my delight with the foods I loved the most on UDs, but now I mostly just eat regular food without the compulsion to make it be *special* every UD.

So glad you are here, and I hope you'll post regularly and often. Welcome aboard.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Salamander, KUTGW! You are doing an AMAZING job!

Wow SoHappy .. what a day for you! At least you got in some exercise and ended up with a nice clean rug.

Beeb ... I love how you get out and do things! It is good to know eating out is still possible (once finances are better anyways) because nearly all my fond memories of life so far have centered around food. It doesn't mean I have to pig every time I eat, but at least I will be able to enjoy times out with family later and not feel guilty. I have a sister who is 11 months older than I .. and last year she took up white water rafting! I can hardly wait to be able to do things that require physical stamina. Right now it would tickle me to be able to go watch a baseball game. OMGoodness .. or be able to go watch a movie without being uncomfortable!

JonJon .. very glad yuo came out of stalking mode! I looked up your weight loss in pounds .. OH MY! You have lost an amazing amount of weight! Did you do it all with Atkins/JUDDD? WTG!!!!

You ALL look AMAZING! I want to thank you all for making me feel so at home here! One might think would be uncomfortable in a group where you all seem to be so close to goal .. but no .. you have made me feel encouraged, comfortable, .. and like I can really do this. THANK YOU! You are the greatest!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyathome View Post

Sorry you have had a bad day today, Lady. Resist the cheating by eating above your limits if you possibly can, because it will pay off in the long run in two ways. First, your weight loss will happen faster, and there's nothing much more exciting than seeing the number on the scale drop lower and lower and lower as the days and weeks go by. But I think the other really good thing is that you just gradually get used to those low calories of DDs. And then it's easy. Keep after everyone to tell what they are eating on DDs, so you can get good ideas of meals that seem to help satisfy people and keep them feeling pretty comfortable with few calories.

Glad to hear you are going to be eating *real food* on your DDs now. I think that is so much easier when it comes to feeling full and satisfied and not hungry on DDs. Real food is a lot more filling than a few beverages, which are mostly fluid and just don't last in your tummy.

Continued success. You're doing what it takes, so just hang in there until it all becomes second nature to you. Then it's all so easy.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

BTW, I did have that salad for supper .. only I added 8 green olives, some juice from the banana peppers, cumin, and a little shredded cheddar to it. LOVED IT! It is almost 11p.m. here and I am still not hungry so looks like I will not need a snack today. YAAAAY!

I did get in a lot of cals today. 1430 cals ... and so worth it. Tomorrow is a DD and I am prepared for it. I have soup, salad, raw veggies, and strawberries waiting on me.

Found out I totally hate ff mayo still. I will try it again tomorrow ... will add some cumin, garlic, onion powder, and juice from banana peppers to it and see what I think. Back when my MIL was still with us, she had told me someone had made tuna with sour cream in it .. and she thought it was the best she ever tasted. I may give that a try with some FF sour cream. Any of y'all ever tried it like that?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #117

Quote:
penguinpower! ... I LOVE SPANIKOPITA!!! I definitely have got to try your version. YUM!

So far today I have had:
B:
2 Large Eggs scrambled w/1 tsp. butter
Coffee

L:
1/2 serving Mac-n-cheese made with Dreamfields

I am stuffed! I guess I should have had just the turkey patty. I am learning to listen to my body ... but is it my fault my body didn't scream loud enough until AFTER I had eaten? :P

Supper will more than likely be a salad made with iceberg lettuce, cold chicken breast, banana peppers, black pepper and Southwest Ranch dressing.

Snacks for today (IF I need one) will be a snack bag of various lc, raw veggies (6 broccoli florets, 3 cauliflower florets, 3 miniature baby carrots). Might have 1-2 strawberries. I am supposed to bake brownies today for the family so I may need a strawberry.
Moon! Looks like you are eating yummy foods and figuring out your plan. Are you seeing any weight loss yet?

I've never tried a turkey burger patty, but I love turkey, so I'll bet I'd like that too. In fact, I have a turkey in the freezer that I really should dig out and roast one of these days. It's been in there for these last several months, but I think it should still be OK. I just don't relish the idea of having to dig so far down to get it out. LOLOLOL
Old 08-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post

Woot! Way to go! You are my inspiration! You look gorgeous and healthy and glowing, and now a little slimmer and trimmer too! Wonderful job.

Yeah, upping the calories seems like it would be a bit counterproductive, but I think that must be how our body is signaled that we aren't experiencing famine... and there is no need for our metabolism to slow way down in order to save our lives for us. I just have to remind myself on occasion that going too far up in cals on any given day is the one big NO-NO on an alternate day diet.

I'm really happy for your success. Congrats!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Moon! Looks like you are eating yummy foods and figuring out your plan. Are you seeing any weight loss yet?

I've never tried a turkey burger patty, but I love turkey, so I'll bet I'd like that too. In fact, I have a turkey in the freezer that I really should dig out and roast one of these days. It's been in there for these last several months, but I think it should still be OK. I just don't relish the idea of having to dig so far down to get it out. LOLOLOL
Actually, I had to take Dad to his doc appt. today so I weighed while I was there (though I had planned not to weigh until at least next tuesday) because I wanted to compare their scales with these at home. I weighed when I got home and they were the same .. and showed no loss at all yet. However, I just started .. tomorrow will be only my 2nd DD so I really was not expecting anything yet. Which is great .. that way I wasn't terribly disappointed. I have told myself not to fret even if there is no loss the first whole week .. to give it at least two weeks before really expecting anything. I figure my body may need a little time to adjust to the changes. Does that sound right?

I felt really good today. Last night I was really looking forward to breakfast for this morning. But when I got up it didn't seem too pressing so I guess I didn't starve myself too badly yesterday. LOL
Old 08-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #120

Quote:
MoonI've never tried a turkey burger patty, but I love turkey, so I'll bet I'd like that too. In fact, I have a turkey in the freezer that I really should dig out and roast one of these days. It's been in there for these last several months, but I think it should still be OK. I just don't relish the idea of having to dig so far down to get it out. LOLOLOL
When you DO dig it out, invite all over for dinner!!!

n Jon-Jon! It's nice to meet you and I look forward to your posts and ideas!!