Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 08
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
HURRAY!! Glad you are coming on board, my JUDDD BUDDD!! Great weight loss for the week! I don't know how you did that low for as long as you did, I need my UP day! What did you eat on your DDs. I would love some ideas!
Hi beeb!
I don't know how I did it either... I guess ketosis kicked in and when I did eat, I ate very slow and savored every mouthful.

Here's a couple sample days:
Day 2
L- hamburger patty w/thin slice cheddar and mustard, broccoli salad
S- LC yogurt, 3 strawberries
D- Grilled tilapia, stir fried veggies
755 calories

Day 5
L- 4 turkey meatballs (Trader Joes), 1/2 c cottage cheese
S- iced coffee with 1 tsp heavy cream
D- Can of tuna, 1 1/2tsp lite mayo, mustard, SF relish, melted cheese, square of Lindt dark choc w/smidge of almond butter.
600 calories

I'm ready to go for it next week. Hope that I will be able to maintain on this plan... have a great evening!!
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:

It's an UD so I plan on having stuffed mushrooms for dinner with a big salad with this amazing coconut milk salad dressing I found the recipe for online. I posted it in the recipe room, go check it out!
I looked in the recipe room under salad dressings and couldn't find the dressing you were talking about. Is there another link?

I looked at this diet a while ago and think I will give it a try. Low carb is not working - I'm doing a good job of maintaining, but that is not what I want to do. We eat out a lot socially, so thought maybe home days could be down days and then be careful about what I eat out, but not worry as much and leave food on the plate all the time (ie Carbs)

I am enjoying reading all of your posts.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #63
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
I looked in the recipe room under salad dressings and couldn't find the dressing you were talking about. Is there another link?

I looked at this diet a while ago and think I will give it a try. Low carb is not working - I'm doing a good job of maintaining, but that is not what I want to do. We eat out a lot socially, so thought maybe home days could be down days and then be careful about what I eat out, but not worry as much and leave food on the plate all the time (ie Carbs)

I am enjoying reading all of your posts.
Hope to welcome you aboard soon! Here is the link http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-dressing.html to the recipe and I'm also going to put it in the JUDDD recipe thread! I needed to do something different because Low Carb wasn't working for me that well anymore, either. I was actually gaining, which is NOT a good thing! At least on JUDDD I'm losing the weight I gained and I'm finding my Up Day freedom a breath of fresh air right now. I needed something to get me motivated and JUDDD is doing just that right now!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Oh, My Gosh, YOU GUYS!!! You have just been having a party here while I've been gone.

It took a lot of reading to get caught up, and now I'm totally re-enthused to *JUDDD* myself back down to the lowest end of my maintenance range. I've been living The Good Life more in the high end of my maintenance range lately, but it's time to have a good week these next days and get that down a smidge, because next Saturday we go to a family reunion held at the other end of the state for a couple of days, and you just know I'm going to relax and enjoy these folks and all the food too! Life's too short not to eat the food! That's my motto. Anyway, these past four days have been a fun get-away for us, with a wonderful party and a long weekend of playing, and we returned last evening happy and filled up again with all their love.

Just a tiny bit unhappy about how I ate, (Lordy, it was good.. just too much), so, of course, today is a Down Day, and it's going to need to be a really good one! I'll pass the morning drinking mugs of hot tea, then a huge salad in the early afternoon, stir fry veggies w/General Tso's sauce for supper, and deviled egg white salad on cracker chips for an evening snack. Have to go plan it out, but it will have to come in under 500 calories!

Off to the laundry room to get a start on all the wash. But I want to get back here soon and spend some of the morning getting caught up at all the LCF forums. Have a great and productive JUDDD day!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #65

Welcome back home, SoHappy and glad you had a great time this weekend!

Isn't nice to see some newbies (and oldies coming back) here on the thread! This is such a great group of peeps, it's wonderful!

I'm down a bit in weight today from my weekend. Today is a UP day but I'm thinking of keeping it just at the beginning of my range of 1400 to 1600 cals today to make up for the overage I believe I could have done yesterday, a Down day. I tend to eat nuts at my DBF's house (he buys the big container of mixed nuts from Costco and they have my favs brazil and mac nuts in there) and yesterday I had a little too many, I feel. But all is great, I'm still loving this WOE and off to a baseball game tonight where I just may have some fries!

Last edited by Beeb; 08-08-2011 at 09:16 AM..
Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
Hi beeb!
I don't know how I did it either... I guess ketosis kicked in and when I did eat, I ate very slow and savored every mouthful.

Here's a couple sample days:
Day 2
L- hamburger patty w/thin slice cheddar and mustard, broccoli salad
S- LC yogurt, 3 strawberries
D- Grilled tilapia, stir fried veggies
755 calories

Day 5
L- 4 turkey meatballs (Trader Joes), 1/2 c cottage cheese
S- iced coffee with 1 tsp heavy cream
D- Can of tuna, 1 1/2tsp lite mayo, mustard, SF relish, melted cheese, square of Lindt dark choc w/smidge of almond butter.
600 calories

I'm ready to go for it next week. Hope that I will be able to maintain on this plan... have a great evening!!

Hey, Sal.......what are your numbers? What ranges of calories on DDs and UDs are you doing? You seem to have some great meal ideas and I would love to hear more!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #67

I think I'm finally getting caught up after our little 4-day trip.

A Down Day today, of course. Just under 500 calories. Room for a low-cal fruit yogurt later if I end up really, really wanting it.

Amazing to see so many new faces and returning faces to our thread, so welcome to everyone. I look forward to your stories, your experiences, and your success here. I get so much encouragement from you all.

Off to fold the laundry.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

This was a great day! I guess because last week was ALL down(ish) days, I'm used to it, but didn't think I could do it for this long...

L- turkey chili, small salad w/light balsamic (Newmans)- (200)
S- 1 1/2 stalks celery w/hummus, .75 oz pepperjack cheese- (125)
D- grilled chicken w/sauteed shallots, lemon juice, white wine, stir fried veggies (225)
Total 650

I weighed in at 100.2 this morning. I will weigh only on tues and thurs mornings while on JUDDD.

Tomorrow is an UP day and I'm a little worried!

SoHappy, are your down days always 500 or less? I don't think I could do it.
Beeb, I'm thrilled at your progress! I've seen you posting on other threads and I can tell that you have found a WOE that is working - losing weight and feeling wonderful- Yay!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #69

Quote:

SoHappy, are your down days always 500 or less? I don't think I could do it.
Just wanted to respond to your question, Sal. I try to keep DD calories to around 500 if I want to bring myself down a few pounds, and go up to around 700 calories if I am weak, or during times when I just want to maintain my weight.

If I don't keep a pretty big spread between my Up Days and my Down Days, I won't lose weight, because I have some pretty big UP days sometimes. Those scant DDs are what save me. Plus the big difference in the calorie levels between the two days seems to really stimulate metabolism for me.

I think it is because my Up Days are so high sometimes, up to and even over 2,000 calories occasionally, although more normally around 1,600 up to maybe 1,900 on some days. So on Up Days, I eat big, and that often includes carbs that many/most others don't choose to include in their diets.

But in exchange for that freedom, to offset those high cals and sometimes carby foods that I include, I must keep the pairing of the Down Day really low. So if I've had an especially big UD, I have an extra low DD the next day. LOL I've been away for four days of family get together reunion/going away party/big meals... so now I have to be really low on the DDs this week. And next weekend is another 2-day family reunion in the western part of our state, so more tables laden with summer foods and home baked desserts, etc. And I don't say NO.

So having indulged this past weekend, and knowing I'll be eating 'big' this next weekend, I'm doing DDs in the 500 calorie range with UDs at about 1,500/1,600 this week. Then I'll eat big this weekend and return to a *tight JUDDD* rotation next week again. It's how I can have my cake and eat it too, so to speak.

And 500-calorie DDs really aren't hard to manage at all and still not be hungry because I eat a LOT of vegetables, and they are so low in calories you can really eat a lot of food, and they're very filling with all that fiber. I'm usually on the scant side in grams of protein on my DDs, but I balance that out with extra protein on UDs. I'm just anxious to get my hands on the fine late summer cantaloupes that are so luscious and juicy and sweet and SO incredibly low in calories. I could gorge on them, I love that melon so much. Yummy.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #70

Good Morning, JUDDD devotees! How did your days go yesterday? What are you planning for your day today?

Yesterday's DD went well for me, and I didn't have the yogurt in the evening after all, so may enjoy that today.

This needs to be a low Up Day, so I'll plan on about 1,400 calories.. that's pretty low for me. I'm undoing my past weekend, and getting a head start on undoing next weekend! I have chicken thighs thawing and will bake them for supper. And I'm going to make a cranberry jello salad with mixed berries in it. Right now I'm baking some potatoes ahead of time for fried potatoes with supper. DH (age 77 years) still loves his fried potatoes! LOL And I'll have a small portion too. I always bake the potatoes first and then chill them down in the refrigerator. Cut the cold cooked potatoes up at suppertime and fry golden crispy. I just picked a ripe tomato from the vine, so will slice that up too. Don't know what else yet.

Going to weigh and measure everything today, just to be extra careful and certain I don't go over my planned calorie limit. I often do UDs pretty carefully as well as the DDs, but didn't while away. Just need to be careful that I don't let an UD get so high it cancels out the previous DD.

Looking forward to hearing what you folks enjoy for your meals and in what quantities and calorie numbers. Have a good one!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #71

This way of eating has ARRIVED !!!!! We are now listed as an official diet in the list of Weight Loss Plans, rather than being stuck in the last catch-all grouping of..... Other Plans.....

For a minute there, I got lost. But now I have my new JUDDD location bookmarked, and I can get here instantly once again.

Hope you all are having a great day. Even though I'm doing an UD today, I'm still only up to the 200 calorie mark. Guess I must be saving most of it for suppertime and this evening. LOL
Old 08-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
This way of eating has ARRIVED !!!!! We are now listed as an official diet in the list of Weight Loss Plans, rather than being stuck in the last catch-all grouping of..... Other Plans.....

For a minute there, I got lost. But now I have my new JUDDD location bookmarked, and I can get here instantly once again.

Hope you all are having a great day. Even though I'm doing an UD today, I'm still only up to the 200 calorie mark. Guess I must be saving most of it for suppertime and this evening. LOL
Ask and you shall receive!
Old 08-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #73
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Congrats to all you JUDDDers! LOL Your very own board!!!! WooT!!!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

SoHappy,
Thank you so much for your explanation of the down day calories. That makes perfect sense!

How very exciting that JUDDD has it's own area!

I'm in the middle of my UP day. Lunch was: 1 cheddar hot dog, 1 cup of my low cal turkey chili, added dollop of sour cream and cheddar, and 1 pc of thin crust pizza. My tummy feels a little 'icky', I'm sure due to the fat it's not used to. It's time for my snack and I have a Carbmaster yogurt and piece of apple bread (homemade with coconut flour) and I really don't have a craving for it, but I'm going to try to eat it. Dinner tonight will be : ribeye steak with thyme butter, pesto spaghetti (dreamfields) and blueberries and whipped cream Now THAT I'm really looking forward to!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #75

Quote:
SoHappy,
Thank you so much for your explanation of the down day calories. That makes perfect sense!

How very exciting that JUDDD has it's own area!

I'm in the middle of my UP day. Lunch was: 1 cheddar hot dog, 1 cup of my low cal turkey chili, added dollop of sour cream and cheddar, and 1 pc of thin crust pizza. My tummy feels a little 'icky', I'm sure due to the fat it's not used to. It's time for my snack and I have a Carbmaster yogurt and piece of apple bread (homemade with coconut flour) and I really don't have a craving for it, but I'm going to try to eat it. Dinner tonight will be : ribeye steak with thyme butter, pesto spaghetti (dreamfields) and blueberries and whipped cream Now THAT I'm really looking forward to!
OK, FORK over these recipes, JUDDD BUDDD! I want the low cal turkey chili and the apple bread!! PLEASE!! (Maybe you can put them in the JUDDD recipe thread for us)? PRETTY PLEASE!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbibclc
Stats: 231.8/132 54/5-6
WOE: Primal/HHCG
Start Date: August 2009
Quote:

Gosh what took so long. I have heard of so many people doing this I was surprised it didn't have its own area! My adult son is home this week so it's not a good time to start a new plan. But next week look out. This plan looks so doable.

Questions:

Do you alternate a set number of calories on DD and UD? like 500 and 1500? or is it 3 DD and 4 UD?

Is it low carb\low fat or just low carb? Does it change depending on if it's a DD or UD?

Is there a book to read? Found it and got it on hold at the libraryOne I can get at the library? I'm picking up the Dukan book tomorrow to read and compare. It also advocates up down days but I don't know the particulars. I know you end up having a all protein day once a week to maintain.

Last edited by Lbibclc; 08-09-2011 at 07:19 PM..
Lbibclc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #77

Today was a DD and did very well! I actually was not hungry at all until about 3:00 and THAT is a first for me! I never felt that "I'm not hungry" feeling before and it was a little strange! I kept asking myself if I wanted this or that and each time it was "No, really not hungry yet". When I did get hungry I had a big pumpernickel wrap stuffed with veggies and a FF cheese single with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar! OH YUMMY and the whole thing came to just 167 Cals! Dinner was grilled veggies, 2.5 ounces of a grilled, seasoned chicken breast piled on top of a serving Dreamfields spaghetti topped with a crushed tomato type marinara sauce for 309 Cals. With a couple of snacks and my half and half for my tea/coffee I'm right at my 700 Calories for the day!

Feel very full and satisfied and looking forward to tomorrow's UD adventure!!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbibclc View Post
Gosh what took so long. I have heard of so many people doing this I was surprised it didn't have its own area! My adult son is home this week so it's not a good time to start a new plan. But next week look out. This plan looks so doable.

Questions:

Do you alternate a set number of calories on DD and UD? like 500 and 1500? or is it 3 DD and 4 UD?

Is it low carblow fat or just low carb? Does it change depending on if it's a DD or UD?
I'm still a newbie to JUDDD but what I do is I started on a Monday with a down day and alternated Up the next day then Down the next day and so on. I do 700 or less for my DD and up to 1600 for my UD. I do Low Fat and keep carbs about 45g on my DD and on the Up days I do higher fats and no more than 80g of carbs a day.

HTH and look forward to you coming on board!!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Great job today Beeb!

I will post my turkey chili recipe in the recipe thread. It's not very exciting but gets the job done!

The Cinnamon Apple bread is not for down days I don't think... so good though! It's a recipe from Candice's blog. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link ... ticklemysweettooth.com/blog is the site. She uses coconut flour in many recipes. This bread was the first recipe I tried and very pleased with it!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #80

Thanks Sal!!

I got a ?, please. Does the amount of fat/protein/carbs matter? If I'm eating higher carb totals than my fat or protein will this affect my weight loss? And if I'm eating higher fat with higher carbs am I heading for trouble?

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
Quote:
Today was a DD and did very well! I actually was not hungry at all until about 3:00 and THAT is a first for me! I never felt that "I'm not hungry" feeling before and it was a little strange! I kept asking myself if I wanted this or that and each time it was "No, really not hungry yet". When I did get hungry I had a big pumpernickel wrap stuffed with veggies and a FF cheese single with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar! OH YUMMY and the whole thing came to just 167 Cals! Dinner was grilled veggies, 2.5 ounces of a grilled, seasoned chicken breast piled on top of a serving Dreamfields spaghetti topped with a crushed tomato type marinara sauce for 309 Cals. With a couple of snacks and my half and half for my tea/coffee I'm right at my 700 Calories for the day!

Feel very full and satisfied and looking forward to tomorrow's UD adventure!!
Wow .. a "I'm not hungry" day on a DD ... this sounds like it is definitely a doable WOE for me! CONGRATS Beeb .. you are really working this program!

Tomorrow will be my first official DD ... I am looking forward to it. I love to munch and nibble (what is it people call that .. graze I think) .. so I have raw broccoli, cauli, and baby carrots to munch on all day. I already have it all portioned out so I won't go too crazy with my foods. I surely hope I find I am like you and won't feel hungry.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
OOOPS! I was reading over the plan outline again that SoHappy so nicely posts at the beginning of the threads ... and I spotted this:

Up Days: On the following Up Days, you may eat anything you want and as much as you want, but do not intentionally over eat. It is recommended that your given Daily Calorie Needs figure be your guide.

The important principle of JUDDD is to adhere to the Down Day calorie limit as closely as possible. You do not have to eat up to your calorie needs figure on your Up Days.

I intentionally added coconut bark tonight just to up today's calories. I was not hungry and did not really want the candy .. it was just the highest calorie item with very low carbs that I could eat. I am thinking now that I did not have to do that. I was thinking it was important to really up the cals on UD to help trick the metabolism when I do a DD the next day. I am actually glad of this .. that I don't have to intentionally add extra cals. I can get more control over my food ... and only eat if hungry. I LOVE YOU FOLKS! (corny, sappy, I know ... but I feel so good emotionally right now. I feel like I am in a good place)
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbmoon View Post
OOOPS! I was reading over the plan outline again that SoHappy so nicely posts at the beginning of the threads ... and I spotted this:

Up Days: On the following Up Days, you may eat anything you want and as much as you want, but do not intentionally over eat. It is recommended that your given Daily Calorie Needs figure be your guide.

The important principle of JUDDD is to adhere to the Down Day calorie limit as closely as possible. You do not have to eat up to your calorie needs figure on your Up Days.

I intentionally added coconut bark tonight just to up today's calories. I was not hungry and did not really want the candy .. it was just the highest calorie item with very low carbs that I could eat. I am thinking now that I did not have to do that. I was thinking it was important to really up the cals on UD to help trick the metabolism when I do a DD the next day. I am actually glad of this .. that I don't have to intentionally add extra cals. I can get more control over my food ... and only eat if hungry. I LOVE YOU FOLKS! (corny, sappy, I know ... but I feel so good emotionally right now. I feel like I am in a good place)
I think you're going to do great on this plan, Moon! And, no, there is no need and no reason to intentionally eat to ADD calories to your day. Once you get into the routine of JUDDD I think your appetite just sort of naturally normalizes, so that on UDs, you take in a number of calories that is good for you, and on DDs you are doing your modest little semi-fast of low calories, and the magic happens.

But don't push calories. If you are no longer hungry, just skip eating anything more. Just also don't intentionally try to be cutting your calories low and *dieting* on those Up Days either. The Up Days are what signal your brain that you aren't in a famine just because you semi-fasted the day before. No need to make the metabolism slow down... we aren't in any famine... I'm eating plenty of calories... etc.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #84

Quote:
Thanks Sal!!

I got a ?, please. Does the amount of fat/protein/carbs matter? If I'm eating higher carb totals than my fat or protein will this affect my weight loss? And if I'm eating higher fat with higher carbs am I heading for trouble?

Thanks!
You know, I've wondered this same thing. I know most people doing JUDDD at LCF seem to do a low carb version of it, which is certainly to be expected. Out there in the *Real World* at other JUDDD sites, they just eat regular food with regular carbs and don't worry about any ratios at all, and I certainly expect many of them are much higher in the carbs than any of us are!

I expect that we will find this is another of those YMMV things, like most everything else. For myself, I just eat mostly regular food and don't worry about a thing. Since I'm so old and grew up back in the 1940s and 1950s, I grew up eating just plain food. Didn't have much processed and convenience foods back then, so we just ate whatever grew or whatever Mama made from scratch. So that's pretty much how I eat now except for the addition of some of the *low fat* concoctions that help me adhere to DDs. Such as fat free mayo or low cal commercial bread.

We'll just have to see how we do on this diet in the longer term.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Hey there JUDDDers, "old" and "new!" Our own board, how exciting and soooo convenient!

I am facing a challenging rest-of-the-week, so in preparation for that, and also in the hopes of breaking the plateau I've been on, I did a few days of "Dukan Attack." I did that once before and it worked, and it worked again this time too. Yippee yahoo, I re-lost the last stubborn pound I had regained for no reason, and shaved off one more. (The Dukan Attack is basically all you want to eat of low-fat protein and fat-free dairy.) I can't stay on the Dukan diet because 1)I don't like it as much as JUDDD! and 2)After a few days of super lowcarbing, my body adjusts and I maintain. But, I have found that doing a couple or three days of the super lowcarb works well with me in my overall JUDDDing, and I'll keep that little foray as part of my overall battle plan.

My challenge is coming from my BFF's son's wedding. Here in the Pittsburgh area we have a tradition for weddings known as The Cookie Table...I have to bake mass quantities of cookies over the next few days, and then attend the wedding itself on Saturday, so it is going to be tough for me. I am pretty excited about the weight going down again, though, so that will be a huge motivator to stay on plan.

Linda - I can only speak for myself and my body, but the reason I try to stay on the low-carb side for my JUDDDing is - I am a carb addict. It doesn't take much for me to get roped back into a vicious cycle with carbs, so for me, avoiding them as much as possible just works best.

Well, I am off to remove a tray of a food-that-can't-be-mentioned from the oven! Fortunately the weather has broken and it's a glorious 78 degrees with no humidity for today and tomorrow,so all the baking I'll be doing won't turn my whole house into an oven.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbmoon View Post
Wow .. a "I'm not hungry" day on a DD ... this sounds like it is definitely a doable WOE for me! CONGRATS Beeb .. you are really working this program!

Tomorrow will be my first official DD ... I am looking forward to it. I love to munch and nibble (what is it people call that .. graze I think) .. so I have raw broccoli, cauli, and baby carrots to munch on all day. I already have it all portioned out so I won't go too crazy with my foods. I surely hope I find I am like you and won't feel hungry.
You will get to the "I'm not hungry", too! I never thought I would ever be able to say those foods and now here I am! You are doing AMAZING!! Planning is a KEY to any WOE and most don't get that right out of the gate, but look at you!! YOU GOT IT! WTG!!!!!

The nice thing about this plan is the day after a DD is an UD!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #87

Quote:
You know, I've wondered this same thing. I know most people doing JUDDD at LCF seem to do a low carb version of it, which is certainly to be expected. Out there in the *Real World* at other JUDDD sites, they just eat regular food with regular carbs and don't worry about any ratios at all, and I certainly expect many of them are much higher in the carbs than any of us are!

I expect that we will find this is another of those YMMV things, like most everything else. For myself, I just eat mostly regular food and don't worry about a thing. Since I'm so old and grew up back in the 1940s and 1950s, I grew up eating just plain food. Didn't have much processed and convenience foods back then, so we just ate whatever grew or whatever Mama made from scratch. So that's pretty much how I eat now except for the addition of some of the *low fat* concoctions that help me adhere to DDs. Such as fat free mayo or low cal commercial bread.

We'll just have to see how we do on this diet in the longer term.
I am eating just like you!! It's kinda hard to wrap my head around the FF/LF stuff, but I'm not eating much of it at all, and mostly veggies and fruits on my DD. Thanks for the insight on my ?s and as ALWAYS you are a worth of wisdom! We are all blessed to have you here, SoHappy!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Hey there JUDDDers, "old" and "new!" Our own board, how exciting and soooo convenient!

I am facing a challenging rest-of-the-week, so in preparation for that, and also in the hopes of breaking the plateau I've been on, I did a few days of "Dukan Attack." I did that once before and it worked, and it worked again this time too. Yippee yahoo, I re-lost the last stubborn pound I had regained for no reason, and shaved off one more. (The Dukan Attack is basically all you want to eat of low-fat protein and fat-free dairy.) I can't stay on the Dukan diet because 1)I don't like it as much as JUDDD! and 2)After a few days of super lowcarbing, my body adjusts and I maintain. But, I have found that doing a couple or three days of the super lowcarb works well with me in my overall JUDDDing, and I'll keep that little foray as part of my overall battle plan.

My challenge is coming from my BFF's son's wedding. Here in the Pittsburgh area we have a tradition for weddings known as The Cookie Table...I have to bake mass quantities of cookies over the next few days, and then attend the wedding itself on Saturday, so it is going to be tough for me. I am pretty excited about the weight going down again, though, so that will be a huge motivator to stay on plan.

Linda - I can only speak for myself and my body, but the reason I try to stay on the low-carb side for my JUDDDing is - I am a carb addict. It doesn't take much for me to get roped back into a vicious cycle with carbs, so for me, avoiding them as much as possible just works best.

Well, I am off to remove a tray of a food-that-can't-be-mentioned from the oven! Fortunately the weather has broken and it's a glorious 78 degrees with no humidity for today and tomorrow,so all the baking I'll be doing won't turn my whole house into an oven.
Sounds like you are on the mark here and have a excellent plan in place! I can easily over eat carbs, too and like you, for that reason I'm staying on the LC side.

Got an idea for that cookie table: How about taking out a few of your favs while you are making them and freezing individual servings for your UDs. That way you can make your cookies and eat them, too! Have a great time at the wedding, and like I always say: "IT'S NOT ABOUT THE FOOD, BUT ABOUT THE FUN"!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #89

I'm having a good DD today, but I can smell all those cookies Donna is baking all the way over here! What a fun wedding tradition of having a cookie table. Truth be told, cookies are about my most favorite form of sweet. I like all sweets and desserts, but if I could only pick one, it would most definitely be COOKIES! Well, I'll just concentrate on having a good DD and let the cookies go for some UD in the future. So far I've had 1-1/2 mugs of coffee with 1-1/2 ounce of half & half, 3.2 ounces of boneless/skinless chicken thigh meat, and 10 ounces of cantaloupe, for a total thus far of 335 calories and about 22.5 net carbs. (But I don't really count carbs, so just more focused on keeping the calories to 500 or fewer today.)

Pooti, I am really looking forward to you doing JUDDD with us again.. fulltime! Well.. and.. your recipes! (Yeah, we've hit the Big Time now, with our own forum site, etc! -- Thank you, Beeb. Good job!)

Sal, your UD meals sounded so good yesterday! I'm looking forward to the turkey chili recipe too. And apple bread sounds yummy too. I'll look into that sometime. I used to bake all kinds of bread every week, using my bread machine since my hands can't do the kneading, but I shaped and baked the loaves separately, usually free formed loaves. One of these days I'll have to drag that machine back out and see if I can find a good recipe for low(ish) carb bread. Or just skip that low carb part and go straight for the beer and cheddar bread recipe that I long to taste again! LOL

Liz B, do join us after your son has left again! You'll love JUDDD. This plan is so adaptable, you can do it at most any carb level and eat most any foods you want, so that part is up to you, and it gives you the freedom to plan your week in such a way that you can always make sure your Up Days fall on the days you want to eat out or attend a function where there will be great food offerings, or a party or a Holiday feast, etc. I enjoy that part about this plan a lot!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #90

Linda, what is that pumpernickel wrap you talked about, which you filled with veggies and topped with the balsamic? What do I need to be looking for in the stores? I'm always chasing down great low calorie *food finds* that Donna tells us about. Now I'll be looking for foods you are also finding useful. LOL

Moon! Hope you are doing well on your Down Day today! Hang tough! It is so-o-o-o worth the scant calories on our DDs in exchange for all the other wonderful advantages this eating plan gives us!

As to the Dreamfield's Pasta.. for once I don't have anything to say. I never use it. I don't eat pasta too often, but whenever I do make something like that, I just use the regular kind. I do know that lots of folks at LCF use it and most were awfully glad when it hit the market. -- But here is what we've also read about it recently: Some have done checks on their blood sugar level at the one, two, three, etc. hour times after eating it and have found that it behaves just the same way the regular stuff does! If you are just choosing to eat low carb, that isn't THAT big a deal, but if you are diabetic and it's a matter of health, it becomes a bit more important to know how it affects YOU. I'd maybe be sure to test my blood sugar level very well after eating some of that stuff, and maybe not eat a great huge helping of it to begin with. I sure hope this is something that will work for you though! Wouldn't that be fun!!!

Donna, I still haven't ordered oat fiber. I guess I just want to have an order that is big enough to make it worth paying for the shipping, but I use so little of that stuff that I don't just buy in my own grocery stores here, that so far I haven't felt I was ready to order the stuff. -- And especially now, when you mentioned you consider yourself a carb addict, I can understand why the oat fiber would be a Godsend for you, rather than just using *regular flour* occasionally for things such as muffins.

AND.. I am so excited that you broke your stall. Woo Hoo! I've had the occasional day which I've declared my Protein Day, and I eat nothing but b/s chicken breast and hard boiled egg whites only. It really is a good boost to refocus yourself on loss. Maybe after this next weekend of more Family Reunion with Food, I'll need to start my next week with a Protein Day.

Well, off to get something more accomplished with this afternoon. DH is anxious for me to help him fix something. I suppose I'm needed to hold onto some greasy moving part or something!

WHERE ARE THE REST OF YOU GUYS?? HOPE YOU OTHERS CHECK BACK IN SOON !!!!!