Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbibclc
Stats: 231.8/132 54/5-6
WOE: Primal/HHCG
Start Date: August 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I've only just now regained consciousness and picked myself up off the floor!

I will, WILL, be making some open-faced tomato sandwiches on a DD yet this week. This is the time of year to enjoy them, that's certain, with all the fresh tomatoes at the Farmer's Stands and being gifted from friends who have overflowing gardens.

And... I would love to have a blendtec blender so much more than my old Harvest Gold colored blender from the 1970s... :blush: I somehow didn't know just how much difference a modern blender could make in the finished product, but I know my old blender can't produce a finished shake of that smooth consistency. I suppose those are very expensive. Our retirement income always needs to be stretched, and right now I'm spending, very carefully, some money I've saved up to get some improvements and repairs done around here, but maybe that could be on my Wish List for Santa Claus.

Your foods and meals continue to inspire me.
That shake looks so good.
Lbibclc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #482
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbibclc View Post
That shake looks so good.
DOESN'T. IT. JUST. ! ! ! ! !

I'm on a DD today, but I think I'm going to try for a shake for this evening later. Skip the supper hour, and treat myself to a HUGE chocolate shake later. Even if my old blender doesn't turn out anything remotely as gorgeous in silken smooth texture as Donna's Blendtec.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Liz - it's a calorie-free (or almost calorie-free) concoction that resembles jello but has more of a gel texture that I personally find more satisfying than jello. I make mine using about a cup and a half of water, poured into a tupperware container with a tight-fitting lid, into which I stir 1/2 tsp of Target cherry limeade drink mix powder (0 cals) and stir to dissolve. Then I sprinkle on a heaping teaspoon of glucomannan powder (0 cals) and put on the lid and shake really well. I like it best if I make it early in the day and let it chill in the refrigerator. It is very very filling.

The Target drink mix is just like Crystal Light, so I don't entirely trust the Target calorie count - Crystal Light claims calories on its nutrition labels while the Target mix claims zero. I count my gel as 10 calories just to be safe, and consider it a calorie bargain.
I forgot to ask where to get glucomannan powder? Netrition has a big bag and capsule. Do the capsules work if you open them up?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbibclc View Post
I forgot to ask where to get glucomannan powder? Netrition has a big bag and capsule. Do the capsules work if you open them up?
No to the capsules. If you get it at all, get the big bag. Once you've experimented with this stuff and found out what it can do, you'll come to rely on it a lot on your DDs. It's a big help, and very filling with 0 calories.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:53 PM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Woo hoo to all you losers in JUDDDland!

SoHappy, alas as you have discovered, a Blendtec is on the pricey side. We never intended to pay that much for a blender, but we happened to be in Costco shopping for a replacement for the KitchenAid blender I had worn out (the fifth not-cheap blender in five years), and they were demo-ing the Blendtecs and I fell in love. It comes with a 7-year warranty, and considering the heavy use mine gets, we felt it was worth a chance. My DH likes shakes for pre- and post-workouts. I like shakes 'cause they taste good. It's not unusual for us to make four shakes a day. The Blendtec keeps track of your usage, and my counter is up to 786 in less than a year, so you can see it gets a workout here. It's almost like a sentient being - when you pile the stuff in it, it sort of whirls around to test what's in there, pauses as if it's thinking about what to do next, then vrooooom, gets to work. No two cycles ever "sound" exactly the same. I'd keep an eye on Craigs List as well as Ebay, ya never know.

Lbibclc - definitely go for the bag of glucomannan. The gluc is so versatile, and no matter what plan you follow it works beautifully. I think it would be a total pain to try to break open capsules. Yesterday, I had run out of my usual cherry limeade drink mix and used "lime margarita" mix for my gluc gel - it was really tart and tasty and I liked it a lot.

Well, almost the end of another DD. It was a good one, which I needed since I had an Up Up and Away day yesterday. Fortunately, my plateau is working both ways since I didn't gain much after yesterday, and after today I ought to be right back. The weekend is going to be a challenge, though, with picnics and parties on Saturday, Sunday AND Monday.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #486
Senior LCF Member

We have the lime margarita all the time. It is one of our favorites. I can't wait to try this as I crave chewy, sweet things. Like Mike and Ike.

Down day for me. Salad with chicken, garden tomatoes, cucs, onions and homemade dressing. Filling and low cal. I'm under 400 so far and will try to not have anything else. If needed I have some celery to snack on.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:22 PM   #487
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Had a great UD and tomorrow is a DD and moving day for DD to her new apt! Will stay on plan, eat lots of good veggies. It helps that she's vegan so most of her stuff in her kitchen is fruits and veggies. Helps ME to stay on plan.

I'm sitting here eating Kimchee and thinking how some of you guys would LOVE this spicy cabbage dish. I will post the recipe in the recipe thread. A bowl of Kimchee (my recipe) is 20 calories! Very filling and yummy HOT!!

Talk to you all in the PM tomorrow and have a great UD or DD!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BonnyLass
Stats: 285/163/135
WOE: low carb/starch blockers when needed
Start Date: 73'low carb 4evr.Never fell for low fat
SoHappy

I have always wanted a Blendtek or VitaMix but simply cannot afford them. I bought a Ninja for about $40 and I love it. It can't do what the expensive blending machines can do(grind flour, make soup) but it does make shakes and frozen drinks that are similar in texture to what Penguin pictured. I cannot live without my Ninja and ice. There is a new one they advertise on TV that is way more expensive than the original model. I think I got mine at K-Mart. Forty bucks, it had a large container and a small container. Since discovering the new additives(xanthan gum, gluccomanan, etc) my frozen concoctions are even smoother and creamier. The more I experiment the more I discover I can do with it. Coconut ice cream is by far my new favorite thing, also, I make fruit drinks that are exactly like the fruit mistys at Dairy Queen without the carbs and calories. Summer may almost be over but my Ninja never leaves the counter! I've used all kinds of blenders over the years and the Ninja beats them all.

Last edited by BonnyLass; 08-31-2011 at 08:43 PM..
BonnyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #489
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Bonnylass - I've heard good things about the Ninja blender from others, too. I've never had the opportunity to try one but from what you are saying it sounds like a great appliance!

I agree - the gluc powder really makes a difference in the texture.

I'd love to see your recipes for the ice cream and drinks.

And Linda - can't wait for the kimchee, either! I've only tasted it a couple of times - one good experience, one bad. But I love cabbage and the concept of it and would definitely give it a try (20 calories!!!!!!!)
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:10 PM   #490

Just a reminder to everyone that we have a new JUDDD thread for the month of SEPTEMBER! See you all over on the new thread.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 PM   #491
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hi JUDDDers! I am a long time Atkins girl, who's had some good success w/ hcg this past year and is now moving on to weight training a bit more heavily, with calorie cycling/zig-zag dieting. I plan to have my higher cal days on the days I lift each week. At least that's the plan. I am leaning toward 3 UD's, 3DD's, and 1 mid day.

I read the site, and some other posts, and did my calculations. I don't think I can do a true JUDDD plan, but am going to start in a few weeks and wanted to see what you each do.

Beeb I read your DD's are around 700. I may just do 800cals since I was able to always do that or lower on the hcg plan. It's good prep for the DD's/

Liz-good to see you here too! You know that those UD's seem like a treat coming off hcg.

So far I'm just working on eating maintenance calories and hoping my metabolism recharges after eaitng pretty low calorie for a while. I'm hopeful that btw the exercise and higher cals I'll be in good shape to lean out a bit more in the coming months.

I really only want to lose about 5 more lbs of fat (read that - maintain or build muscle while shedding the insulation). I am excited to start mixing it up to keep my body guessing.

If you're willing, could you share a bit of your general UD DD calories and food choices? I'm guessing the DD's woudl need to be lower in fat so as to keep the cals lower while still getting to eat. Do you try to keep the protein high or not worry too much? I like yogurt and cottage cheese and plan to use them, and protein shakes on my DD's.

Thanks for your advice!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote