Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
SoHappy - I like the results of this experiment! 4.2 pounds in 2 weeks is pretty darn good.

Bonnylass - Wow, you're really close to your goal weight. That must be so exciting!

Linda - I'm so glad to hear you came through the storm unscathed. All that stress for nothing, but at least you were able to stick to plan. That's pretty impressive.

It's an up day for me. My DD yesterday was a more normal 475 calories - up from the super low calorie ones I did for the first two weeks. To be honest, I didn't notice that big of a difference. Today I'm planning to start C25K. Wish me luck - I'm usually very unmotivated to exercise, but I really need to do this.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Linda happy to hear you made it through the storm ok. That reminds me i need to
check my battery backup for my CPAP machine. Well today is another UD and somehow
I like UD days more than DD days wonder why that is ? I went for a little walk this
morning and noticed it's easier to get some exercise after this 22lbs I lost. Well hope
everyone here has a good day today.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #453
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnyLass View Post
I guess because because I don't really know how much I've eaten until the end of the day when I do my tally. Since reading the book on compulsive overeating and waiting so long to eat on my down days I guess I'm just not as hungry as I use to be. Probably because I'm not grazing and picking at everything.
That's what I'm really learning and coming in tune with so far.Like I stated in an earlier post, years of dieting blurs things. Using the Food Diary website I've really been able to see all of the places carbs and extra calories I wasn't even counting were creeping in. The diet weren't really causing a stall it was the way I was eating that was causing the stall. JUDDD helps with making me mindful again. Also, on down days I am keeping my carbs down to about twenty and except for Sunday even on up days I've not gone over 50 grams. Low carb does keep hunger at bay.
I truly haven't been conscientiously(wow, there's a misspelling for you) depriving myself, in fact like I said, I'm feeling pretty good!
Today will be a test. I go back to work today after a month off. I've boiled some eggs, packed some protein powder, low carb tortilla and some sprouts. One good thing, Monday is always an up day. Wish me luck!Weight this morning 141.5.
I understand. Well, learning to listen to your body and your true appetite is very important to the success of our future maintenance too. Perhaps as you progress in JUDDD over the next weeks you will be able to gravitate to a more true calorie spread of Up Day - Down Day levels.

And in the meantime, I'm awfully happy you are doing well. Good luck today with heading back to work and being in that different environment. It sounds like you have yourself prepared for the day.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
..........It's an up day for me. My DD yesterday was a more normal 475 calories - up from the super low calorie ones I did for the first two weeks. To be honest, I didn't notice that big of a difference. Today I'm planning to start C25K. Wish me luck - I'm usually very unmotivated to exercise, but I really need to do this.
Wow! I'm impressed. You are totally taking charge of yourself and your body and your lifestyle and turning your body into a totally new *home* to live in! You are going to be slim and fit and physically strong. What a nice body to inhabit here on earth.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:42 AM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
..........Well today is another UD and somehow
I like UD days more than DD days wonder why that is ? I went for a little walk this
morning and noticed it's easier to get some exercise after this 22lbs I lost. Well hope
Yeah, I enjoy my Up Days a wee bit more than my Down Days, but I actually enjoy the DDs pretty much too. LOL

Twenty-two pounds lost is wonderful. I'm so glad you are noticing that it's easier to exercise and *use your body* after that loss, and just think what it will feel like after you've lost even more. You're doing so great. You are inspiring us all.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbibclc
Stats: 231.8/132 54/5-6
WOE: Primal/HHCG
Start Date: August 2009
Well I am informally doing this starting today. This is practice, hehe. It's 7pm and I've had 282 calories so far. I easily went until 1230 before I ate but I'm kinda used to that from doing HHCG. I haven't had supper but I want to be finished eating by 8, so I had better get a move on. Got lean chicken already cooked and veggies to eat raw or stirfry. So much of how I eat is just mindless snacking.
Lbibclc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #457
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
SoHappy - I like the results of this experiment! 4.2 pounds in 2 weeks is pretty darn good.
It's an up day for me. My DD yesterday was a more normal 475 calories - up from the super low calorie ones I did for the first two weeks. To be honest, I didn't notice that big of a difference. Today I'm planning to start C25K. Wish me luck - I'm usually very unmotivated to exercise, but I really need to do this.
I'm impressed, too! WOW, that is great weight loss and I admire you starting the C25K! I KNOW you will do so well!!

Quote:
Linda happy to hear you made it through the storm ok.
Thanks so much for your worry and care! I like UDs better, too! :blush:, but the DDs are doable, thank goodness! 22lbs, who wonderful is that!! And I bet it's easier to exercise! That is nothing to sneeze out and it's very inspirational!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbibclc View Post
Well I am informally doing this starting today. This is practice, hehe. It's 7pm and I've had 282 calories so far. I easily went until 1230 before I ate but I'm kinda used to that from doing HHCG. I haven't had supper but I want to be finished eating by 8, so I had better get a move on. Got lean chicken already cooked and veggies to eat raw or stirfry. So much of how I eat is just mindless snacking.
and so glad to have you on board! I, too understand about the mindless snacking, now I plan those snacks, even on UDs and it's making all the difference!! It sounds like you got a plan and have things in hand! WTG!!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Linda, I'm so glad to hear that Irene passed you by with no damage- what a miracle!

Good DD today. I just finished part of my evening protein shake - I say "part" of it because after assuring me he didn't want any, and so I made only one, my DH ended up sneaking almost half of my shake. ARGH!!!! I took pictures of my shake tonight but not on the camera I can use with this computer - I'll try to post some tomorrow. WHEN I am able to eat the whole thing myself, it keeps me comfortably stuffed and happy all night. Thanks to the Shake Snake, I may have to dive into the gluc gel later on.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Linda, I'm so glad to hear that Irene passed you by with no damage- what a miracle!

Good DD today. I just finished part of my evening protein shake - I say "part" of it because after assuring me he didn't want any, and so I made only one, my DH ended up sneaking almost half of my shake. ARGH!!!! I took pictures of my shake tonight but not on the camera I can use with this computer - I'll try to post some tomorrow. WHEN I am able to eat the whole thing myself, it keeps me comfortably stuffed and happy all night. Thanks to the Shake Snake, I may have to dive into the gluc gel later on.
Thanks Penguin for thinking of me!! I HATE sharing my food so you DH would have had a fight on his hands if I was there and he tried to sneak half my shake, which BTW I can't wait to see a picture of!! Also, would LOVE the recipe. Is it on the recipe thread?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #460
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: firefighterlady
Stats: 270/257.6/170 5'11 26yrs
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: august 2011
Hi everyone! I just started Juddd 8/22 and I am so glad I found this thread!! Im down 5 lbs since (was 10 but let myself have 2 very up days for my birthday a couple days ago whoops!)

I absolutely love this way of eating (my mother had done it in the early 90's after having my sister and lost 110 lbs in a year) I just had my first child in feb. Due to complications from pre eclampsia I gained 125 lbs (holy crap right?? But it is all worth it my daughter is the light of my life) I am also a firefighter/paramedic so needless to say I truly need to get myself back into shape.

So excited to take this journey with you all!
firefighterlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterlady View Post
Hi everyone! I just started Juddd 8/22 and I am so glad I found this thread!! Im down 5 lbs since (was 10 but let myself have 2 very up days for my birthday a couple days ago whoops!)

I absolutely love this way of eating (my mother had done it in the early 90's after having my sister and lost 110 lbs in a year) I just had my first child in feb. Due to complications from pre eclampsia I gained 125 lbs (holy crap right?? But it is all worth it my daughter is the light of my life) I am also a firefighter/paramedic so needless to say I truly need to get myself back into shape.

So excited to take this journey with you all!
and so glad to see you here with us!!! Wow, about your Mom and Wow about you! and look forward to reading your posts and getting some inspiration!! Your weight loss is wonderful!!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #462

On my UDs I feel like I'm eating so much food! I sticking to my UD calories and eating less than I plan most days because I'm actually getting full faster now and that is a wonderful thing, but like I said it feels like I'm eating a lot of food. I think it's because the hunger is gone!

I'm kinda liking the DDs because it's like a cleaning out for me. I just feel "lighter" when I eat less. AND they are not the Boogy Man that I thought they would be!

BUT.......Still LOVE my UDs, and the freedom with food that I still am amazed about!!

Last edited by Beeb; 08-29-2011 at 08:49 PM..
Old 08-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

What is Gluc gel?
Old 08-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Not as low as I would like. I had a huge supper (for a down day) chicken and veggies stirfried. Then the kicker a bowl of bing cherries my DH got for me.

So I will go up tomorrow. Should I skip breakfast or not? hmm. I am combining many theories to find what works for me so I guess I just will see what works.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What is Gluc gel?
Liz - it's a calorie-free (or almost calorie-free) concoction that resembles jello but has more of a gel texture that I personally find more satisfying than jello. I make mine using about a cup and a half of water, poured into a tupperware container with a tight-fitting lid, into which I stir 1/2 tsp of Target cherry limeade drink mix powder (0 cals) and stir to dissolve. Then I sprinkle on a heaping teaspoon of glucomannan powder (0 cals) and put on the lid and shake really well. I like it best if I make it early in the day and let it chill in the refrigerator. It is very very filling.

The Target drink mix is just like Crystal Light, so I don't entirely trust the Target calorie count - Crystal Light claims calories on its nutrition labels while the Target mix claims zero. I count my gel as 10 calories just to be safe, and consider it a calorie bargain.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Linda - your cherry tomatoes inspired me to take a picture of part of my lunch today! Here's my open faced tomato sandwich platter using a split slice of 35-calorie bread, a schmear of cracked pepper lowfat mayo, a tomato from the garden and some salt & pepper:

Summery-liscious at only about 85 calories!

Then, here are pictures of my shake. If you can make out the markings on the blender container you will see that it comes out to WELL over 32 ounces of ice-creamy deliciousness for ~200 calories. The texture is like a soft soft-serve rather than a drinkable shake, and I eat it with a spoon. I make it in a Blendtec blender which is an awesome machine - a Vitamix or other high-powered blender would probably do it too. The blender incorporates a lot of air to get that texture and volume. My recipe might be in the thread, but it's very simple. This one's blueberry:

12 oz. Ocean Spray DIET Blueberry Drink - 8 calories
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder - 130 calories
1 cup frozen blueberries - 60 calories
1/2 tsp gluc powder - 0 calories
2 drops liquid Splenda - 0 calories (A couple tbs of Davinci's is good too but I am out of fruit flavors right now)
2 heaping cups ice cubes

Put all that stuff in the blender, press "ice cream" button, and wait for 45 seconds to get this:

This is what it looks like from the top, before you scoop it out of the blender:

I get two giant glasses like this (when hubby doesn't sneak into the kitchen to steal most of the second glass):

I looooovvvveee my protein shake!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:00 AM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I know we are all here to lose weight but here is a link to a scientific article about
how this WOE is good for your health even in people not using it for weight loss. But
I am sure not knocking the sense of freedon this WOE has given me and my weight
loss.

ScienceDirect - Medical Hypotheses : The effect on health of alternate day calorie restriction: Eating less and more than needed on alternate days prolongs life
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #468
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: firefighterlady
Stats: 270/257.6/170 5'11 26yrs
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: august 2011
God i love this woe down another 2 lbs! Tomorrow is a dd though but cant complain
too much when i got to enjoy a cupcake today! im thinking of starting a journal to take this. 100 lbs is a long journey (only 92 more now! Lol)
firefighterlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:19 AM   #469
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DWhalen4
Stats: 255/225/150
WOE: Atkins / JUDDD
Start Date: 6/1/11
Hi Everyone. I did not run away lol. I ended up really sick from this ulcer and lived on mashed potato's for a week. Started eating right again on Monday and I'm back down to original low weight today. Going on a cruise Friday, back Monday so I'm going to Officially start Judding On Tuesday. I'll be doing a rotating fast, dd, up schedule.

Monday- water fast
Tuesday- medium day ( 800-1200 )
Wednesday - Water Fast
Thursday- medium day (800-1200)
Friday- down day (500)
Saturday- Up day (1200-2000)
Sunday Up day (1200-2000)

Any thoughts or better suggestions are welcome. I've been reading up on fasting and I think there are some benefits to it as far as detoxing the body etc etc. The Juddd book also says ideally it would be alternate day fasting, he allows 500 calories because fasting is too hard for most people long term. It may be too much for me as well in which case I'll turn them into 500 calorie down days.

What I'm thrilled about is that I was up 5lbs on Friday from my face plant into carbs last week ( even though most of it was mashed potatoes) I also decided to splurge this weekend and we ate out, however I limited myself to the one big meal each day. And drank water. I was down 2 # on Monday, then I water fasted Monday and dropped 2 more. Yesterday I did 650 calories and was down the other half pound today putting me back at my original low. I think this proves that Judding will work for me, I just have to work it :-)

congrats to all who have lost and welcome to all the newbies! I'll try to be more active next week when I get back from vacation and get serious here.
DWhalen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #470

Quote:
Quote:
What is Gluc gel?
Quote:
Not as low as I would like. I had a huge supper (for a down day) chicken and veggies stirfried. Then the kicker a bowl of bing cherries my DH got for me.

So I will go up tomorrow. Should I skip breakfast or not? hmm. I am combining many theories to find what works for me so I guess I just will see what works.
Hi, Liz! I've been wondering how you're doing now. I always (usually) fast in the mornings too, but especially on my Down Days. Usually have a mug or two of hot tea on the DD mornings, and it's coffee w/half & half on the UD mornings.

If I'm going to enjoy a breakfast meal, I'm a lot more likely to do it on an Up Day, sometimes heading up to our favorite little French place about mid-morning for a fine pastry and great coffee. They're French, and in fact, he was the pastry chef for a great shoppe in Paris! So we're fortunate here to have them open their little place so close.

And interesting to note, their pastries are not enormous, over-sized doughy things with gobs of too-sweet toppings, etc. Funny how their *Continental Breakfast* of pastries and coffee, and maybe fruit, can help keep them slim, and over here we've managed to oversize all the pastries into our obese-version of what we want the size to be. Very sad.

As to the gluc gel, I'm another one who uses glucomannon powder as a thickener in some of the foods I make for my Down Days. On Up Days, I just use normal stuff, and eat normal food. LOL But on DDs, that gluc powder is ZERO calories and can thicken a 0 calorie orange beverage into a thick orange sauce, or thicken beef broth into a gravy, or turn chocolate almond milk, sf sweetener, and ice cubes into a chocolate shake! Very useful product.

The bing cherries aren't any problem on JUDDD. You just have to plan ahead and work them into your calorie allowance. I've been enjoying this summer too. They're my absolute favorite cherry! The big thing is to plan out your day ahead of time, and then eat what is on your plan, in the amounts you figured.

(But I always try to leave enough extra unaccounted for calories for the later evening, 'cause I often enjoy having an evening snack later.)

I'll be interested on how you finally decide to work your JUDDD days and calories. Keep posting the various steps you explore as you work out how you want to eat on JUDDD. Everyone's findings provide valuable ideas for all of the rest of us.

Hope you have a great day today!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:37 AM   #471

DWhalen4......OH, hope you are feeling better! Sending lots of healing light your way! Good to see you back!!

Penguin
.....You are KILLING me with those photos!! OMG, I want a shake RIGHT NOW!! Gotta get some of the ingredients, but I do have the tomatoes and tomorrow's DD will be one of those sandwiches!! I tend to NOT think outside the box and figure a sandwich always should have some kind of meat or cheese but you have OPENED my eyes to a new world!

Thank you!

I'm down .8 pounds this morning!!! The weight is just melting off me!! I am now .2 pounds from my last goal and I'm, again, just amazed at the JUDDD WOE!!

UD today and I'm going to enjoy it and celebrate my weight loss and almost goal!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:56 AM   #472

Quote:
Linda - your cherry tomatoes inspired me to take a picture of part of my lunch today! Here's my open faced tomato sandwich platter using a split slice of 35-calorie bread, a schmear of cracked pepper lowfat mayo, a tomato from the garden and some salt & pepper:

Summery-liscious at only about 85 calories!

Then, here are pictures of my shake. If you can make out the markings on the blender container you will see that it comes out to WELL over 32 ounces of ice-creamy deliciousness for ~200 calories. The texture is like a soft soft-serve rather than a drinkable shake, and I eat it with a spoon. I make it in a Blendtec blender which is an awesome machine - a Vitamix or other high-powered blender would probably do it too. The blender incorporates a lot of air to get that texture and volume. My recipe might be in the thread, but it's very simple. This one's blueberry:

12 oz. Ocean Spray DIET Blueberry Drink - 8 calories
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder - 130 calories
1 cup frozen blueberries - 60 calories
1/2 tsp gluc powder - 0 calories
2 drops liquid Splenda - 0 calories (A couple tbs of Davinci's is good too but I am out of fruit flavors right now)
2 heaping cups ice cubes

Put all that stuff in the blender, press "ice cream" button, and wait for 45 seconds to get this:

This is what it looks like from the top, before you scoop it out of the blender:

I get two giant glasses like this (when hubby doesn't sneak into the kitchen to steal most of the second glass):

I looooovvvveee my protein shake!
I've only just now regained consciousness and picked myself up off the floor!

I will, WILL, be making some open-faced tomato sandwiches on a DD yet this week. This is the time of year to enjoy them, that's certain, with all the fresh tomatoes at the Farmer's Stands and being gifted from friends who have overflowing gardens.

And... I would love to have a blendtec blender so much more than my old Harvest Gold colored blender from the 1970s... :blush: I somehow didn't know just how much difference a modern blender could make in the finished product, but I know my old blender can't produce a finished shake of that smooth consistency. I suppose those are very expensive. Our retirement income always needs to be stretched, and right now I'm spending, very carefully, some money I've saved up to get some improvements and repairs done around here, but maybe that could be on my Wish List for Santa Claus.

Your foods and meals continue to inspire me.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:09 AM   #473

Quote:
I know we are all here to lose weight but here is a link to a scientific article about
how this WOE is good for your health even in people not using it for weight loss. But
loss.

ScienceDirect - Medical Hypotheses : The effect on health of alternate day calorie restriction: Eating less and more than needed on alternate days prolongs life
E.W., thanks for posting the link to this study.

I'm always amazed to hear people exclaim how eating less and semi-fasting some days would be so terrible to your health. Like it's abusive to your body. And most often, this is from a person who is terribly overweight themselves and suffering from at least the beginnings of some real health problems!

If they only knew.

I think *The Proof is in the Pudding*, and by showing how well we can eat, of all nutritional foods and not just those on a narrow list, and how amazing we feel and how fabulous our test results are, and how the weight can just melt away while we're indulging in Up Day dining like *normal* people... well, what can I say.

For me, it's so much nicer than having to hold every single day of my life down to low calories, or holding every single day of my life to the *allowed foods* list and never to enjoy anything on the NO-NO list, and enjoy great good health besides??? Wow! That's pretty amazing to me.

I've read the calorie restriction studies for several years. Glad I finally got smart enough to adopt the way of eating for myself. (duh..)
Old 08-31-2011, 09:15 AM   #474

Quote:
God i love this woe down another 2 lbs! Tomorrow is a dd though but cant complain
too much when i got to enjoy a cupcake today! im thinking of starting a journal to take this. 100 lbs is a long journey (only 92 more now! Lol)
Heck, Yes! Woo Hoo!

Slowly but surely, and sometimes with a little whoosh too, the weight melts away. And in the meantime, you're only doing low calories half the days. The other days, the Up Days, you're eating whatever you want to, and using them to learn how to prevent many runaway *Up, Up and Away* days from fouling things up. I still have the occasional UU&A Up Day, but they are few and far between now, and I just counter that error of judgment by backing it with a very low DD. Gotta' love the JUDDD!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:48 AM   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhalen4 View Post
Hi Everyone. I did not run away lol. I ended up really sick from this ulcer and lived on mashed potato's for a week. Started eating right again on Monday and I'm back down to original low weight today. Going on a cruise Friday, back Monday so I'm going to Officially start Judding On Tuesday. I'll be doing a rotating fast, dd, up schedule.

Monday- water fast
Wednesday - Water Fast
Friday- down day (500)

Any thoughts or better suggestions are welcome. I've been reading up on fasting and I think there are some benefits to it as far as detoxing the body etc etc. The Juddd book also says ideally it would be alternate day fasting, he allows 500 calories because fasting is too hard for most people long term. It may be too much for me as well in which case I'll turn them into 500 calorie down days.

What I'm thrilled about is that I was up 5lbs on Friday from my face plant into carbs last week ( even though most of it was mashed potatoes) I also decided to splurge this weekend and we ate out, however I limited myself to the one big meal each day. And drank water. I was down 2 # on Monday, then I water fasted Monday and dropped 2 more. Yesterday I did 650 calories and was down the other half pound today putting me back at my original low. I think this proves that Judding will work for me, I just have to work it :-)

congrats to all who have lost and welcome to all the newbies! I'll try to be more active next week when I get back from vacation and get serious here.
Aw, really sorry to hear you were sick with an ulcer! Are you on any antibiotics to deal with it once and for all?

You bringing up the subject of absolute water-only fasting is very interesting, and as you pointed out, the only reason JUDDD has us on the low Down Day calories is because... most people can't actually bring themselves to truly fast. Dr. Johnson pointed that out and then said that the low-cal DDs work just fine too. So that's definitely the way I'm going to do it!!!!! You're a lot stronger than I am.

The only way I would (for myself) alter your calorie schedule would be to change this:

Monday- water fast
Wednesday - Water Fast
Friday- down day (500)

to this:

Monday- water fast
Tuesday- Up Day (1,200-2,000)
Wednesday- water fast
Thursday- Up Day (1,200-2,000)
Friday- Down Day (500)
Saturday- Up Day (1,200-2,000)
Sunday- Medium Day (800-1,200)

This rotation adds only those additional calories that are what turn one of the MDs into an UD. You are still getting one MD instead of the two, and just adding the few additional calories that change the other MD into an UD, instead of the two UDs on your plan. You're still getting the MD calories of that day as you would anyway, but by adding the few extra calories to turn it into an UD, you are actually only adding in those few extra calories.

BUT, the benefits might be these: Each absolute Fasting Day and Down Day is backed by one of your big Up Days, so that provides a calorie cycling with a big spread between the calories... very low to very high... very low to very high. That strong jolt of changing the calorie intake between the two extremes seems to really be very beneficial in jogging your metabolism into picking up the pace and working at a higher level!

This is only my gut feeling and guess, but I'd bet that this change would result in a better rate of weight loss in the long run, and also a better metabolism as you go along. Just my guess, and it's only how I would pattern my JUDDD week if I were going to do this.

The other thing is this... I think my suggested rotation would provide you with a higher ongoing nutrient level and a bit more *sturdy* nutrition and ongoing fuel throughout the week to power your routines and necessary and desired chores, errands, and workouts during the course of the week.

No matter how you proceed with your rotation plan, I am extremely interested and excited about it, and how you do with your weight loss and health as these next weeks go by! Please keep us all up on this as you proceed. I wish you nothing but the very best results.

Last edited by SoHappy; 08-31-2011 at 09:53 AM..
Old 08-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
..........I'm down .8 pounds this morning!!! The weight is just melting off me!! I am now .2 pounds from my last goal and I'm, again, just amazed at the JUDDD WOE!!

UD today and I'm going to enjoy it and celebrate my weight loss and almost goal!!!
You are just rockin' JUDDD, Girl! Woo Hoo! I'm so happy for you.

It's just amazing how well it works with just "dieting" on those few Down Days every week when you actually stick to your calorie limits and JUST... DO... IT... !!!!!

I'm so happy for you. You are an inspiration, and I'm also so happy that you kept searching for something when just doing Low Carb wouldn't work for you any longer.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:02 AM   #477

Quote:
loss.

Posted this link on my a Facebook page Wifey from LCFs has called Healthy Eating.....thanks for this!!

Quote:
OMG, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Look at you go!! and those 92 pounds will just melt off, you will see!!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:04 AM   #478

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You are just rockin' JUDDD, Girl! Woo Hoo! I'm so happy for you.

It's just amazing how well it works with just "dieting" on those few Down Days every week when you actually stick to your calorie limits and JUST... DO... IT... !!!!!

I'm so happy for you. You are an inspiration, and I'm also so happy that you kept searching for something when just doing Low Carb wouldn't work for you any longer.
And again, YOU have been the biggest reason I tried JUDDD and I will NEVER forget that! Now I have a whole JUDDD family here, with amazing inspiration, caring and suggestions to keep me doing this for the REST OF MY LIFE!

This truly IS a WOE/WOL for me now!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
And again, YOU have been the biggest reason I tried JUDDD and I will NEVER forget that! Now I have a whole JUDDD family here, with amazing inspiration, caring and suggestions to keep me doing this for the REST OF MY LIFE!

This truly IS a WOE/WOL for me now!
And Donna (PenguinPower) here to come up with fabulous dishes for our Down Day dining pleasure. Yum.....

But I found out one thing for sure. I'll never be the proud owner of a Blendtec blender. I just looked them up, online, and I knew they'd be expensive, but I was like...

Oh, well. I'll just keep my old Harvest Gold blender, and graciously accept what it is able to do for me. But now there will always be that little corner of my mind that knows its failings and shortcomings. I'll have to put on a brave face so it doesn't feel too sad that it can't fulfill all my hopes and dreams and desires.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:08 AM   #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
And Donna (PenguinPower) here to come up with fabulous dishes for our Down Day dining pleasure. Yum.....

But I found out one thing for sure. I'll never be the proud owner of a Blendtec blender. I just looked them up, online, and I knew they'd be expensive, but I was like...

Oh, well. I'll just keep my old Harvest Gold blender, and graciously accept what it is able to do for me. But now there will always be that little corner of my mind that knows its failings and shortcomings. I'll have to put on a brave face so it doesn't feel too sad that it can't fulfill all my hopes and dreams and desires.
AGREE! And don't give up hope about that Blendtec! Look on ebay, you will be surprised what you may find!!