Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Shouting out a Hi to Beeb and Maryo and Jessica.

I didn't have a very good DD today, but my excuse is... :blush: I was helping a friend of daughters clean a house she is remodeling, and I worked hard, for hours. Yesterday and today both. I needed more energy.

So, I'm having this be an UD, and I'll do DD tomorrow. I think that just fouled up my 2 and 1 alternation, but.. oh, well.

Last edited by SoHappy; 08-23-2011 at 05:24 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Ah, the flexibility of JUDDD. It's easy, and hardly the end of the world, to switch days around to meet our caloric needs. SoHappy, that sounds like a lot of work!
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbibclc
Stats: 231.8/132 54/5-6
WOE: Primal/HHCG
Start Date: August 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Hi, Donna. I know what you mean about losing a bit more than you've gained. I always visualize weight loss as a ball, bouncing down the stairs. It bounces up and down, up and down, but all the while, it's bouncing further down the stairs. That's how I don't worry about my daily fluctuations in weight. Some days I'm up a little and some days I'm down a bit, but overall, if the weight is bouncing down like the ball bouncing down the stairs, I'm OK with it. But if that ball ever starts to bounce UP THE STAIRS, then I'll really have to wake up and tighten up on my dining habits immediately!
Oh, I like that visual idea. I'm going to steal that from you.
Lbibclc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
Quote:
Shouting out a Hi to Beeb and Maryo and Jessica.

I didn't have a very good DD today, but my excuse is... :blush: I was helping a friend of daughters clean a house she is remodeling, and I worked hard, for hours. Yesterday and today both. I needed more energy.

So, I'm having this be an UD, and I'll do DD tomorrow. I think that just fouled up my 2 and 1 alternation, but.. oh, well.
Me too. Yesterday was a way too up day and today was doing fine until about an hour ago and well you know the rest, lol. Tomorrow is another dd cycle.

I was up a huge amount this morning due to up day, eating late at night, poor food choices and ovulation time.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #395
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I went to Famous Dave's for dinner. Didn't research the choices, just winged it and thought I did terrible UNTIL I got home and plugged everything into Fat Secret. I did very well, and made some great choices, it seems.

I decided on just an appy for dinner instead of the regular meal, and it was pretty good in the calorie department so I'm really right where I should in calories for my UD! I'm a little surprised at the choices I did make, but I just wasn't that hungry (LOVE THIS) and I went with my hunger to decide on what to eat! Ate all I wanted and until I was full and I actually had some to bring home for another UD.........BONUS!!!

I kinda stuff, too and don't like this feeling so I'm looking forward to a DD tomorrow to "unstuff" and feel better!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
I went to Famous Dave's for dinner. Didn't research the choices, just winged it and thought I did terrible UNTIL I got home and plugged everything into Fat Secret. I did very well, and made some great choices, it seems.

I decided on just an appy for dinner instead of the regular meal, and it was pretty good in the calorie department so I'm really right where I should in calories for my UD! I'm a little surprised at the choices I did make, but I just wasn't that hungry (LOVE THIS) and I went with my hunger to decide on what to eat! Ate all I wanted and until I was full and I actually had some to bring home for another UD.........BONUS!!!

I kinda stuff, too and don't like this feeling so I'm looking forward to a DD tomorrow to "unstuff" and feel better!!
Isn't that an amazing thing????? I now much prefer the feeling of a belly that isn't all that full after a day of normal eating, and the previous fat obese me would never have been willing to pause in the eating process to even recognize that level of fullness before it was a thing of the past, and I was (once again) stuffed.

It's like I just couldn't allow myself to feel any hunger or appetite (heaven forbid) without having to jump in there and stuff something into my mouth!

This is what I mean when I talk about JUDDD having *normalized* my eating. I now recognize that stuffed feeling as unpleasant, and am aware of feeling *done* with my meal before I get to that feeling of just being a bit too full. I'm so thankful.

The longer I stick to JUDDD, the more I feel like my whole relationship with eating (and overeating) is being healed. I'm not perfect yet in managing my days, but for the most part, it's all working pretty smoothly now.

You are really doing well, Linda! I'm so glad you tried JUDDD and gave it a chance to show you what life could be like if you could work your alternating Up and Down days. It's nice when you come to realize that Down Days don't have to leave you feeling hungry, and Up Days don't have to cause you to seek out carby stuff just for the sake of getting to eat it because it's an Up Day. You can relax and become a *normal person*.

And... what's Famous Daves? We don't have those. Is there any restaurant that is similar that I might recognize?
Old 08-24-2011, 06:01 AM   #397

Quote:
Isn't that an amazing thing????? I now much prefer the feeling of a belly that isn't all that full after a day of normal eating, and the previous fat obese me would never have been willing to pause in the eating process to even recognize that level of fullness before it was a thing of the past, and I was (once again) stuffed.

It's like I just couldn't allow myself to feel any hunger or appetite (heaven forbid) without having to jump in there and stuff something into my mouth!

This is what I mean when I talk about JUDDD having *normalized* my eating. I now recognize that stuffed feeling as unpleasant, and am aware of feeling *done* with my meal before I get to that feeling of just being a bit too full. I'm so thankful.

The longer I stick to JUDDD, the more I feel like my whole relationship with eating (and overeating) is being healed. I'm not perfect yet in managing my days, but for the most part, it's all working pretty smoothly now.

You are really doing well, Linda! I'm so glad you tried JUDDD and gave it a chance to show you what life could be like if you could work your alternating Up and Down days. It's nice when you come to realize that Down Days don't have to leave you feeling hungry, and Up Days don't have to cause you to seek out carby stuff just for the sake of getting to eat it because it's an Up Day. You can relax and become a *normal person*.

And... what's Famous Daves? We don't have those. Is there any restaurant that is similar that I might recognize?
Thanks SH! Famous Dave's is a BBQ place we have here. It is around different parts of the country, but there are quite a few on the East Coast, it seems. One of the BEST BBQ places I have been to (not counting the deep south) and I love their rub. They give you sauces on the side, too and that is always fun to "experiment" with!

The ONLY problem with Famous Dave's is I hold water the next day because of that wonderful rub! I'm up a pound today , but I kinda figured this as I was eating my rib tips and onion strings last night. THANK THE HEAVENS it's a DD today! Lots of water, lots of veggies, gonna flush that salt and water right the heck OUT!!

AND I gotta let you guys know that this is the BEST JUDDD forum around! I was going to join another one in addition to this one (would NEVER leave LCFs) just to see what others were eating for their JUDDD days and I wasn't treated very kindly; talked down to, told I wasn't doing JUDDD correctly, etc. I was not happy and left after the first couple of posts and replies. YOU GUYS ROCK and I'm so blessed to be here with you all!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #398

Quote:
AND I gotta let you guys know that this is the BEST JUDDD forum around! I was going to join another one in addition to this one (would NEVER leave LCFs) just to see what others were eating for their JUDDD days and I wasn't treated very kindly; talked down to, told I wasn't doing JUDDD correctly, etc. I was not happy and left after the first couple of posts and replies. YOU GUYS ROCK and I'm so blessed to be here with you all!
Yeah, not doing JUDDD correctly. Too bad. I'm not either. Kick me to the curb!

Go look at the people who are supposedly doing Atkins. Uh, no. Not really. Many/most of them are doing their own thing, loosely based on the writings of Dr. Atkins.

But here folks are embraced and free to follow the *pure* JUDDD program, as written, or to venture outside the most rigid levels of adherence, if that is what they need to do. Most of us here just want others to be successful in their calorie cycling and so also successful in their weight loss. Yeah, it works wonderfully if you follow the exact JUDDD plan, but it can also work pretty darned well if you are a little more flexible about those teachings too. Just as the *not-really-true-Atkins* followers can find success doing it their way.

I think this JUDDD forum is wonderful too. Very encouraging and supportive, very open and helpful, very educational and sharing in not just the *rules* (LOLOLOL) but in actually the tricks of *how to do it* and *what foods, grocery lists, how to's, what do you eat, etc.* Love it here!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Humpf, well I don't know about all of you, but I absolutely positively follow each and every diet I am on perfectly, with no deviation whatsoever . . .

From my long-ago success with Atkins, the group I belonged to had a saying that I still use: "My body, my science experiment."

I had a great DD yesterday and wiped out the effects of the bad UD, so I'm back on track. SoHappy I think you are right - I have lost a significant chunk of weight, and it is the first time in more than 10 years that I have been in this weight range. My body does need to become accustomed to the new me. I'm not helping it much with my overindulgences at various events, so I do need to get those more under control. These next couple of weekends are jam-packed so it will be a challenge!

I've been roasting tomatoes for the past couple of days. We've been swamped with a bounty of Roma tomatoes from the few plants I scattered around in the yard. So I've been making these: Cut up a bowlful of tomatoes into halves, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and toss around with your hands so they all are slightly coated. Then spread cut-side up on a baking sheet or two, sprinkle with ground coriander, garlic salt and black pepper. Roast in a 235 degree oven for four to six or even more hours (will depend on how thick and juicy your tomatoes are). They shrivel up but never get as dry as sun-dried tomatoes but gosh are they ever good. They keep for a week or so in the fridge, but I'm also going to try to freeze some for winter-time treats.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Humpf, well I don't know about all of you, but I absolutely positively follow each and every diet I am on perfectly, with no deviation whatsoever . . .

From my long-ago success with Atkins, the group I belonged to had a saying that I still use: "My body, my science experiment."

I had a great DD yesterday and wiped out the effects of the bad UD, so I'm back on track. SoHappy I think you are right - I have lost a significant chunk of weight, and it is the first time in more than 10 years that I have been in this weight range. My body does need to become accustomed to the new me. I'm not helping it much with my overindulgences at various events, so I do need to get those more under control. These next couple of weekends are jam-packed so it will be a challenge!

I've been roasting tomatoes for the past couple of days. We've been swamped with a bounty of Roma tomatoes from the few plants I scattered around in the yard. So I've been making these: Cut up a bowlful of tomatoes into halves, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and toss around with your hands so they all are slightly coated. Then spread cut-side up on a baking sheet or two, sprinkle with ground coriander, garlic salt and black pepper. Roast in a 235 degree oven for four to six or even more hours (will depend on how thick and juicy your tomatoes are). They shrivel up but never get as dry as sun-dried tomatoes but gosh are they ever good. They keep for a week or so in the fridge, but I'm also going to try to freeze some for winter-time treats.
I'm breathless with anticipation at making some of these tomatoes! Wow, do they sound delicious. Do you think this would work if I just laid out 1/2 inch slabs of the great big *steak* type tomatoes?
Old 08-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

They do work, but are a little trickier to handle. It helps to ditch some of the gel/seedy stuff since that will just dribble out and burn on the tray. When I use the regular tomatoes I cut them straight down from the stem in quarters or eighths (think of the tomato as a big round pizza lol) so that there's a sort of supporting band of skin on them, and lay them skin-side down. You will love them! My biggest challenge in making them is getting them into a container and hidden in the back of the fridge before DH spots them. Otherwise he will eat the whole tray, like popping big grapes into his mouth. They are so good on sandwiches, in salads, on meats or just alone. Yum yum!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #402

Quote:
They do work, but are a little trickier to handle. It helps to ditch some of the gel/seedy stuff since that will just dribble out and burn on the tray. When I use the regular tomatoes I cut them straight down from the stem in quarters or eighths (think of the tomato as a big round pizza lol) so that there's a sort of supporting band of skin on them, and lay them skin-side down. You will love them! My biggest challenge in making them is getting them into a container and hidden in the back of the fridge before DH spots them. Otherwise he will eat the whole tray, like popping big grapes into his mouth. They are so good on sandwiches, in salads, on meats or just alone. Yum yum!
I am used to seeding tomatoes as I like to make bruschetta in various ways, but always with chopped tomatoes, and the seedy-gel is just not appreciated in the topping. OK, I'll just cut the large tomatoes into 1/8th wedges and then proceed from there. From what I'm imagining, I think I'm going to be liking these better than plain ol' standard sun dried tomatoes.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goose1
Stats: 229/193.2/166.4/140
WOE: lchf
Start Date: Jan 02/14
Hi everyone, I've been following JUDDD since Aug 7th. I wanted to make sure I could follow the diet before posting. I was checking out JUDDD back in Feburary and thought I would try it out after my trip to Europe in May. Had a good time on the trip and gained 10lbs, and couldn't get back into any diet.

A brief history, I'll be 49 this November, I'm Hyporthyroid. 7 years ago I lost 40 lbs by Somersizing then a switch to counting calories and exercise, I was down to 189.4. When I counted calories I kept it at 1400-1600 per day and did 4 hours of walking. With that I lost only 11 lbs in a year. Needless to say I was exhausted from all the walking. After that I gained 6 lbs, switched to low carb and maintained the loss. I low carbed probably 80-90% of the time.

This January I restard low carb, I was at 212 lb, by March I was back to 196lbs. After that I couldn't budge the weight. I think I went too low carb, I've since read that if your Hypo you need to have 30-50g of carbs a day.

Onto my JUDDD experience. I've kept my down days to 700 calories. My first DD was a real eye opener. I was amazed at how many times I went to grab just a few peanuts, a slice of ham or some cheese. It really showed me that my snacking was out of control. No wonder I couldn't move any weight. On my down days I don't start eating until 4pm, I find the minute I eat I'm hungry so best to just have a snack before dinner. I've been staying lowish carb 50-75g net carbs. I find this the best for me. I do DD on Mon, Wed, Fri and UD on Sun, Tue, Thurs and Sat is a moderate day.

The first week of JUDDD I had 2 family parties on my UD's, I didn't watch what I ate and still lost 1 lb that week. This second week, no parties and eating to maintenance on UD's, I lost 3.2 lbs. Pretty good for just 50% dieting.

The next couple of weeks will be a little harder to eat low on the DD's, my husband has vacation time next week, my daughter will leave to go to University 5 hours away from us, (that'll be a tough one for me) Anyway I've got a couple lunches planned with her, a family party and the trip to Kelowna for a couple of days. I'll just have to do my best with it.

Sorry for the novel, I just really wanted to say Hi!

Jodi
goose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #404

Goose1 (Jodi) and SO nice to have you on board with us!!

It sounds like you are doing well, even with the little curve balls in your life right now! WTG!!

I love JUDDD, as I'm sure you could tell by my posts and I hope you have the same wonderful experiences I'm having eating this way. It's the flexibility that I love and the fact I'm just not hungry anymore which is something I have NEVER been able to say with any other way of eating!

Check out the recipe thread, lots of good ideas on there!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome Linda. So far on my down days I've been just eating regular low carb dinners. That way I can eat with the family. I can't say I'm not hungry on down days, but it seems to come and go through the day. Nothing so far that I haven't been able to handle. When I start to get really hungry I'll go for an hours walk. For some reason that kills the hunger.

Jodi
Old 08-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #406

Hi, Jodi! It's great to have you join us. The more, the merrier.

I envy you going to Europe, even with the 10-pound gain, but now that you are into JUDDD, I'll bet the pounds slip back off again shortly. There is something awfully helpful about the high calorie - low calorie - Up - Down cycle of JUDDD. It seems to somehow nudge the body to make it willing to release some of that stored fat. I'm hypothyroid too, and it sure works for me. As they always say, "If you work it, it will work!"

I didn't lose doing low carb alone, and doing the traditional dieting of holding my calories to a certain low range every single day did nothing except slow my metabolism down to that range eventually too! But the JUDDD cycle has made it possible for me to lose weight AND enjoy a much wider range of foods on my Up Days, so I'm thrilled!

Glad you're here. Hope you'll post a lot with us.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #407

I must be PMSing (even though I wouldn't know because TOM doesn't come because of partial removal of equipment) because I'm very witchy and craving chocolate! I never crave chocolate so I'm kinda about this one!

BUT, I could bite the head off of someone, anyone, just about now!!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #408

Quote:
I must be PMSing (even though I wouldn't know because TOM doesn't come because of partial removal of equipment) because I'm very witchy and craving chocolate! I never crave chocolate so I'm kinda about this one!

BUT, I could bite the head off of someone, anyone, just about now!!
Linda, put that witchiness to use for your future benefit. Call and demand a low rate on your credit card. Address the issue of the poor car wash you got the last time you took your car through. Confront the thoughtless guy a block up the street who lets his dog do business in your yard and then pretends he didn't notice it. LOL Just kidding.

Sorry you're feeling out of sorts right now. And as to the chocolate. I have some nearly every day, even if all I do is make some pudding or maybe a chocolate/coffee beverage. Well, chocolate ice cream is good too. And then, there was the day of the Snickers Bar...

Old 08-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Make a chocolate superlow muffin, Linda!

I keep forgetting to tell you that I really like the Thai cucumber salad!

I could bite off someone's head too. I'm doing taxes...we filed an extension but putting it off doesn't make me feel any better about it, boo hiss.

Maybe I'll go have a chocolate muffin.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #410

Quote:
Make a chocolate superlow muffin, Linda!

I keep forgetting to tell you that I really like the Thai cucumber salad!

I could bite off someone's head too. I'm doing taxes...we filed an extension but putting it off doesn't make me feel any better about it, boo hiss.

Maybe I'll go have a chocolate muffin.
So glad you like the salad!! I keep forgetting to pick up a cucumber to make more!! Taxes are the pits without the cherries! I HATE them and have to pay mine soon.........YUCKY!!!

I DID have the muffin, it was my breakfast this morning and I LOVED it!! Maybe this is why I want more chocolate!! I'm craving coconut/nut bark and it's NOT a good idea for calories today so I'll just tough it out and wait to have it tomorrow! But you know what.......I probably won't want it tomorrow!

Feeling a tad better, eating my Wonton soup and having a cup of tea. Going to see my DD tonight and hang out with her and her friends so that will lift my spirits some!!

Last edited by Beeb; 08-24-2011 at 02:11 PM..
Old 08-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Welcome, Jodi! I hope everyone is having a great day. Today is a down day for me, and a 303 calorie down day to boot! I'm beginning to understand why the DDs in the initial period are supposed to be very low cal (25% of normal), because it really does get you in control of your eating and make the UDs seem like feasts, even if they're still relatively low cal (mine are around 1200 calories). I just noticed that I only have 2 days left of my initial 2 week period, so after one more DD I'm going to up my DD calories to 500. To be honest, though, once I got through a couple, the very low cal DDs weren't bad. I was surprised to look at the date and realize I'd been doing this for almost two weeks already! The support here really helps, that's for sure.

Penguin, I may have to try the roasted tomatoes. My tomato plants (I have about 8 of them, plus 2 cherry tomato plants) have turned into an absolute jungle, and while I've only had a few big tomatoes so far, I know there's a lot more coming. The more things I have to do with them, the better. Mine aren't romas - I'm not sure what kind they are - they're big and round and purchased from Lowe's in the spring for $0.50 a plant.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

I've got a job! Only for a month though, this is the first time I've worked in 19 years. I'm a little nervous, when you stay at home for so long you start thinking you can't do anything else.

The job will just be setting up shelves and then stocking them at a store that is being renovated. So a little bit physical. I'm thinking I'll have to up my down days. I think I'll go for 900-1000 cals for DD's and stick to 1400-1500 on the UD's. Hopefully it will still work, things will slow down a bit, but I'll be finished on Oct 6th.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Yeah goose1~you're changing your whole life around!!!! Congrats on the job. I can understand your nervousness--but they wouldn't have hired you if they felt you couldn't do the work. I think adjusting your calories for the job sounds like a great idea, and your choices look very logical and doable. Woo hoo!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member

DD for me today. So far I've just had coffee. I did make a superlow "apple" muffin this a.m. but didn't feel hungry so haven't gotten around to it yet.

I had a good UD yesterday but still bounced up a little since it was way carbier than usual. Our neighbor dropped off some fresh-picked corn, and that turned out to be the biggest part of dinner. It was so good - all those years of low-carbing, I couldn't even think of eating fresh corn on the cob. I enjoyed every bit of it yesterday, and I know the little bounce up is just a temporary thing. I love JUDDD!

For the balance of this DD, I'll be having a cup of the awesomely delicious canteloupe we bought at the farmer's market last night and an open-faced tomato sandwich platter for lunch, then for dinner a huge bowl (or maybe two!) of cauliflower "rice" topped with sauce from the curried turkey meatballs I made the other day. I'm going to cut my apple muffin into slices and munch them here and there throughout the day. I'll still have a couple hundred calories to make into a gigantic blueberry protein shake later tonight.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #415

Totally exhausted from having fun with my DD and I'm heading back to bed. Not feeling well today, stomach ache, headache and just plain yucky!!

Had a bit of oatmeal this morning and it's sitting ok on my stomach right now, so maybe I'm on the upswing!!

Hope everyone has a great JUDDD day!!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Linda - hope you're feeling better soon, and stay safe in case Irene heads your way!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #417

Quote:
Linda - hope you're feeling better soon, and stay safe in case Irene heads your way!
Thanks Penguin!! Irene's coming alright and causing me all kinds of inconveniences with taking every freaking thing that isn't nailed down in my yard and on my porch and TRYING to put it all in my little shed!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:45 AM   #418

Hey, Guys! I've been running these last couple of days.

Linda, hope you are feeling better today. I wonder if you ate something that was a touch off while you and your DD were out?

Jodi, great about getting that job for a month. It'll be fun and extra money always comes in handy too. Plus a bit of actual physical work and exercise, so it sounds like it's going to be a good thing from several angles.

Donna, I hear ya' about fresh corn in the summertime! Frankly, I wouldn't care whether I lost any weight or not during that period... if it meant not getting any roasting ears. This is the only life I get, and I'll lose weight some other way. But I'm not giving up those roasting ears for two or three weeks in August!

Hello, to all the rest of the JUDDD gang. Hope you're all doing well.

For myself, I'm down a pound or so, give or take, depending on the morning scale reading, since Monday morning. So that is nice but not any different on this rotation than on the straight rotation as written. But I still have today and the weekend, so we'll see how it goes. Today is a DD, and I just got a Glamour magazine (free subscription, so I took it), and I'll keep myself motivated to stay low calorie by looking at all those darling skinny little models of about age 16 to 24 that show us all the latest fashions. What tiny little ladies.

Have a great day!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #419

I am SO freaked out right now!! I live in a mobile home and they are telling us that you need to be ready to evacuate at a moments notice! Where I am, Monmouth County, NJ is right in the middle of the path that Irene is taking!!

I already took care of EVERYTHING that would move in the yard, now I'm picking what I need to take with me in the house when I go to DBF's house. All my important papers are in a bank safety deposit box, but pictures, memories, etc are in the house. I got a big box to put everything in, and I'm stressing because I'm afraid I'm going to forget a family heirloom, etc. that CAN'T be replaced!

It's a DD for me today, but I'm having a hard time of it because of stress right now. I KNOW eating will not make things any better so I'm staying on plan, but geez it's not easy!!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Oh Linda, my thoughts and prayers are with you and all who are in the path of this weather monster...just stay safe in DBF's house!