Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #361
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
Yes I am still doing 2 dd/1 up however I may switch it up simply because I'd like to attend more waterfit classes and the schedule at the pool is on Monday/Wednesday/Friday for the classes I prefer. I am not certain I could manage a class on a dd. Was thinking doing either Medium Days on days I definitely attend class(I would know fairly early in the day so could adjust if necessary)or Switching to M/W/F being up days and the rest dd. Not certain yet.

That being said I have chronic ongoing pain so some weeks I am lucky to be able to walk to the bathroom without dying a little inside with each step so that would definitely make a difference as to what plan I follow that week and what ever follows.
Momof3, sorry to hear about you having chronic pain. I have fibromyalgia, so I understand how debilitating pain can be, but I am lucky that my diet, exercise, and especially 5,000 ITU daily of vitamin D3 has reduced those pain flairs about 95% these days. Before the vitamin, pain. After I was put on that, most pain went away. Magic for me. I'm so thankful.

If you have difficulty doing a water fitness class on Down Day calories, you can easily change your schedule to make those be Up Days. Or insert a Medium Day in there if that works better for you.

I don't have any problem with exercise and swimming (laps, etc.) at my health club on DDs, but I'm beginning to think I must be the exception. I always feel well fueled up from the previous UD's calories and ready to go! Maybe it's a YMMV sort of thing. Anyway, I'm very successful exercising DD mornings, so that's what works well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Well yesterday was my second down day please tell me it gets easier . Sure seems the
up days are easier. Didn't I see something about that this might not be all that good
for a diabetic. I am a type 2 diabetic and it seems to be working for me.
I can only tell you that for me, it not only got easier, it got a LOT easier. It got so easy, that it's beyond easy. After awhile, I found that JUDDD seemed to *normalize* my hunger and appetite. So while I can still enjoy some overly high Up Days sometimes, that error of judgment is because of what I've chosen to include, rather than because I ate a great deal of quantity.

The real trick of DD meals for me was QUANTITY. I'm one who needs to have some bulk and mass in my tummy for it to feel full and for me to feel satisfied. I always was puzzled by folks who could count out 11 almonds and call that a snack. A snack? That's not enough to make a snack! LOLOL

So for me, it was zeroing in on some meals that were great in mass, but low in calories. I like stir fry with lots of veggies, salads with lots of veggies, Moon's idea of egg roll filling without the wrapper, which I made this morning. Example: shredded cabbage, shredded carrot, grated ginger, garlic powder, and some fresh ground pork. Heavy on the cabbage, since it's the item that adds the bulk and keeps the calories low. I'll top this with a bit of soy sauce. Yum! I'm doing a MD today, and will go back to a DD - DD - UD rotation starting tomorrow.

You'll figure out which ways to satisfy your DD appetite with very filling foods. And do you include shirataki noodles in your Down Days? Sometimes called magic noodles or konjac noodles or yam noodles or glucomannon noodles. The white *waterfall* noodles are ZERO calories! Very filling, and did I mention.. ZERO calories?

As to diabetes, thankfully I am not its victim, but I understand from all here who are and are still finding success with this method of weight loss, that the trick is to eat a bit more often to keep blood sugar levels on a more even keel, rather than going for longer periods of fasting between meals. I guess it's different for everyone.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
..........I had a 214 calorie down day yesterday. I was trying to keep it under 350, but I didn't intend to go that low...........

I'm not entirely convinced that I could do JUDDD and the every other day down days forever. I cycled off once before, and I suspect I'll do it again. But even if I do six months a year of JUDDD (alternating 1 month JUDDD and 1 month regular Atkins), I figure it'll be a good thing.
Wow, Mary! That is some low Down Day! I think it is a funny thing that we can be really lower than we intended some days with little appetite and with no intent, and then other days are harder to stick to. And interesting that as time passes, we adapt to the up-down rhythms of this plan, and it all just becomes the habitual way we eat with so little effort.

I'll bet doing maintenance in a One Month On - One Month Off cycle would be pretty doable combined with Atkins too. I like JUDDD for maintenance for me because my Down Days didn't have to be kept very low at all, and it still worked like a charm. I'll bet your plan will be workable for you.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
I don't have but a moment but I really wanted to stop by and tell you some good news .. I found some peanut flour today! DH had to make a quick run today to take some flowers to a florist in a different town. He asked if I wanted to go along so I did. We stopped at a grocery store there so I could see what products they may have I want .. and there it was .. a 1 lb. bag of peanut flour for a little over $3 !!! YAAAAY It has 5 net carbs per 1/4 cup.

So, tonight I had pork steaks thawed out for supper. I broiled the others but took mine and sliced into strips/ I put 1/4 cup peanut flour (turns out I could have used less) into a bowl and added sea salt, black pepper, and garlic. Then I put the pork strips in and tossed until coated and cooked them in 2 tbls. coconut oil. After it was done, I added 1 tsp. Smuckers natural peanut butter and stirred. OMGOODNESS! It was so delicious! I have a new dish to add to faves! Paired with a Thai Cucumber Salad (TY BEEB) it was an amazing supper!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbmoon View Post
I don't have but a moment but I really wanted to stop by and tell you some good news .. I found some peanut flour today! DH had to make a quick run today to take some flowers to a florist in a different town. He asked if I wanted to go along so I did. We stopped at a grocery store there so I could see what products they may have I want .. and there it was .. a 1 lb. bag of peanut flour for a little over $3 !!! YAAAAY It has 5 net carbs per 1/4 cup.

So, tonight I had pork steaks thawed out for supper. I broiled the others but took mine and sliced into strips/ I put 1/4 cup peanut flour (turns out I could have used less) into a bowl and added sea salt, black pepper, and garlic. Then I put the pork strips in and tossed until coated and cooked them in 2 tbls. coconut oil. After it was done, I added 1 tsp. Smuckers natural peanut butter and stirred. OMGOODNESS! It was so delicious! I have a new dish to add to faves! Paired with a Thai Cucumber Salad (TY BEEB) it was an amazing supper!
That sounds delicious. How many calories was in it?

Glad you are enjoying your peanut flour. I've never tasted it. Does it actually have a peanut flavor?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:37 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
That sounds delicious. How many calories was in it?

Glad you are enjoying your peanut flour. I've never tasted it. Does it actually have a peanut flavor?
According to ****** it was right at 700 cals, 6 net carbs, and 64 grams of protein. Definitely not a DD food .. but was great for today's UD Of course it wasn't really quite that high in cals since I actually ended up using maybe half of the serving of flour and also drained off about half of the oil after frying the meat before I added the peanut butter.

The flour tastes like light roasted peanuts. It tastes like ...if I were to add a little oil to the flour then I would be able to use it like peanut butter. So it will only be usable for items I don't mind having a bit of peanut flavor. That is fine with me .. LOVE peanut butter! I still want some almond flour though so I can make other things. With this I should be able to make a lowcarb PB pancake, muffin, or cookie. Since I don't really crave sweets all that much though .. i will more than likely be using it for meats because I love pb chicken and pork. If I had some of those noodles you use .. I just know this would be excellent on them for a Thai peanut dish! I tried those noodles years ago and totally HATED them. But I have read where you used to dislike them also but you enjoy them now. I am anxious to get to try them again and use new techniques to make them not be so disgusting in texture.

I just realized you may have been asking how many cals in the flour and not the recipe ... just in case ... for 1/4 cup there is 110 cals, 4 grams fat, 8 carbs, 4 fiber, and 16 protein.

Last edited by Moonchild; 08-21-2011 at 08:45 PM..
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #366
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marymmma
Stats: 329/310/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/11...Restart 8/19/11
Hello everyone.

I haven't been doing good and have been beating myself up pretty badily over it. (You should see the bruises.) I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself, as usual, and decided I was going to come back in here tonight and post saying that I was sorry I wasted your time and I was going to quit.

But as I got in here, again I was just blown away by how great so many of you are doing and you have inspired me again to try once more. I found I just can't do the shakes on my dd. Three shakes is 540 and they taste great going down but then I'm hungry right away again. I'm not good at planning meals but maybe I'll get better if I make myself sit down and really work hard at it.

I'm going to take it by faith that the dds get easier. I'm going to try the tilapi fish at 100 calories. That's great. I could have a great meal with that, a salad and some other low-calorie vegetables. As soon as I get some bills paid off where I can have some cash, I'm going to buy some of those shirataki noodles. I tried them once before a long time ago and thought they were pretty ok. I see a really good plan for a dd forming in my head.

You are all so inspirational. When a person feels beat up, how can you not come back here and fill re-energized. Tomorrow...a dd for me. Take care all!
marymmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:01 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
Has anyone here tried hemp powder ? Hemp seeds do not containe any of the active
ingredient in marijuana but are a good source of fiber and protein. The defated powder
ia about 100 calories an oz. with 8g protein 12g carbs ( 10g fiber) and it is a pretty good source of omega 3. Hay! this could be our " medical marijuana " !

Drat had a good DD yesterday now I need to change my lower weight again!
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:38 AM   #368

Good Morning, fellow JUDDDers!

This was my official one-week weigh-in after doing the 2 and 1 DD-UD rotation, and I am down 2.6 pounds for the week. This is A LOT for me, but..... I had also been eating at maintenance level before starting this past week, so most of that loss may well have been just water weight. On the other I had two Up Days this last weekend, both Sat. and Sun., so this weight is coming after back-to-back Up Days, so I think that is pretty darned good.

I will continue doing the 2 and 1 rotation again this week to see how another week comes out. I would expect that the initial first-week loss will not be repeated, as any water weight would probably be depleted, so wanting to see if I can lose more than my normal single pound in this second week.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:44 AM   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbmoon View Post
..........it was right at 700 cals, 6 net carbs, and 64 grams of protein..........If I had some of those noodles you use .. I just know this would be excellent on them for a Thai peanut dish! I tried those noodles years ago and totally HATED them. But I have read where you used to dislike them also but you enjoy them now. I am anxious to get to try them again and use new techniques to make them not be so disgusting in texture..........
Hi, Moon. I used to hate those noodles, and I have to admit that if I was just naturally slim and trim and didn't have to watch what I eat and diet, I'd never touch another of these noodles in my life. BUT, I'm prone to fat without watching myself closely.

So these noodles are a Godsend in my diet these days. I think the reason I used to hate them so much is because I just rinsed them and then used them like that. And I just used the white ones. Now I buy both the white (0 calories) and the ones with a bit of seaweed in them also (5 cal) and mix them together. The seaweed ones seem to be a bit more tender and not quite so much like chewing rubber bands.

And then I use scissors and cut through them from a million angles until the pile of noodles is all cut up into strands only an inch or two long. And then, and this turned out to be the biggest secret of all, I fry them up in the skillet for a little bit to cook out some of their water content. That seems to really take away a lot of that rubbery-impossible-to-chew texture. Works for me!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymmma View Post
Hello everyone.

I haven't been doing good and have been beating myself up pretty badily over it. (You should see the bruises.) I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself, as usual, and decided I was going to come back in here tonight and post saying that I was sorry I wasted your time and I was going to quit.

But as I got in here, again I was just blown away by how great so many of you are doing and you have inspired me again to try once more. I found I just can't do the shakes on my dd. Three shakes is 540 and they taste great going down but then I'm hungry right away again. I'm not good at planning meals but maybe I'll get better if I make myself sit down and really work hard at it.

I'm going to take it by faith that the dds get easier. I'm going to try the tilapi fish at 100 calories. That's great. I could have a great meal with that, a salad and some other low-calorie vegetables. As soon as I get some bills paid off where I can have some cash, I'm going to buy some of those shirataki noodles. I tried them once before a long time ago and thought they were pretty ok. I see a really good plan for a dd forming in my head.

You are all so inspirational. When a person feels beat up, how can you not come back here and fill re-energized. Tomorrow...a dd for me. Take care all!
Awww... Mary. Don't quit, honey. Losing weight is just plainly hard, no matter how you do it. It always involves restriction in some way. You either have to restrict what you can eat or how much you eat, and often you have to restrict both.

At least JUDDD allows you to eat whatever foods you enjoy the most or do the best with, and the restriction only needs to be every other day, rather than having to restrict your eating every day.

I never did the shakes, unless you count making one at home myself just because I thought it would taste good and I was in the mood for a chocolate shake. Using shakes to replace the real food of a meal just isn't anything that works for me. I need my meals to be made up of food that I can CHEW!

If you are unable to hold to 500 calories for your Down Days, then set your limit at 700 calories. If you are unable to force yourself to get used to a 700 calorie limit, than raise it to 900 calories for Down Days. But don't allow yourself to eat beyond that limit. In other words, to be able to do JUDDD, you do have to alternate your days to get that calorie cycling thing going on. Because if you can get into the habit of doing your days successfully, you can then bring your Down Days down in calories step by step, until you really are doing low calorie DDs! And then the fat is going to really start melting away before your very eyes. It's just not easy to get going on sometimes. But if you can get into really doing it, you get to eat every other day, and that Down Day makes it all so-o-o-o worth while! But it's kinda' important to pick a DD level and then get in the habit of sticking to it. You can always bring it down someday in the future.

For some of us, sticking to all lean protein like tilapia, chicken breast, egg whites on our DDs really helps take away our hunger pangs and our appetite. It's very filling.

For others of us, that meat protein is still too high in calories for us to be able to eat enough of it to feel satisfied on DDs, so instead, we opt to eat a lot of vegetables, because you can eat heaps and piles of veggies for the same number of calories as only little bit of meat.

You'll have to find what seems to fill you the best on Down Days. And... there is also the fact that you just have to accept that this plan allows a small amount of food on Down Days, but truthfully, that is so small that DDs are considered fasting. That is... fasting from food.

I hope you can make this plan work for you, just because it seems to allow some awfully nice Up Days to our lives while letting us lose weight. And it also seems to cure some of our aches and pains and help our bodies heal and our metabolisms work better, etc.

I'm wishing you all the best luck at this! Hang in there!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Has anyone here tried hemp powder ? Hemp seeds do not containe any of the active
ingredient in marijuana but are a good source of fiber and protein. The defated powder
ia about 100 calories an oz. with 8g protein 12g carbs ( 10g fiber) and it is a pretty good source of omega 3. Hay! this could be our " medical marijuana " !

Drat had a good DD yesterday now I need to change my lower weight again!
Oh, Poor Baby, having to change your stats to a LOWER WEIGHT... You're doing so great.

Haven't even really heard of hemp powder. I use flax and almond meal sometimes (which I just make myself from almonds in the bag that I buy at Sam's Club), and I use gluc powder to thicken sauces and gravy, etc. Mostly I just use plain food that I can buy right in the grocery store. I rarely buy anything that isn't just plain *regular food*.. LOL

You have a good day! If you're having to change your stats to show more weight LOSS, you must be having quite a few good days now! You are inspiring me to keep doing a good job for myself. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #372
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Good Morning All!!

The weekend away with my DBF was amazing! We did a wine tasting trail, hitting 2 wineries and enjoying every sip!! Brought lots of good wine home for the holiday dinners and even got a bottle of the most delicious balsamic vinegar I have ever tasted!

I ate like a queen on my UD on Saturday and put on 1/2 pound, which as we all know is probably water so I'm not sweating this AT ALL! I ate lots of good things, drink all that wine and then some and am just floored that I didn't gain like I thought I would. If I was still doing just LC I know the scale would have read at least 2 to 3 pounds more today instead of 1/2 pound. I had REAL ice cream, crusty bread and even a couple of desserts, too! It was wonderful!!

Today should be an UD but I'm going to do a little more calorie DD just to get back on track (probably a smaller middle day, about 900 calories) and because I'm going to dinner tomorrow night with a friend and it would be a DD and that can be a challenge at times for dinner out. I just LOVE the flexibility of this WOE!!

Marymmma, please don't give up! It DOES get easier and easier on the DDs. I have only been doing JUDDD nice Aug 1 and I will tell you those DDs are now a snap!! Hunger is gone, and my body and mind KNOWS that tomorrow will be a UD and I can pretty much eat what I want. Give it more time and keep coming in and talking with us, we will help you every way we can. Make a BIG pot of soup, lots of veggies. That is what got me through my first DDs.

E.W, I have seen the hemp powder. If you try it please let us all know how it goes. And I'm very sorry about your weight loss and having to change your stats again, isn't that annoying!!! WTG!!!

Lowcarbmoon, I love peanut flour in baking items. Give anything like chocolate that peanut butter and chocolate taste. There are quite a few recipes on this site that use it and all are pretty good.

Maryo, I am just amazed how you can keep those calories so low! What an inspiration you are!

Momof3, so sorry to hear about your pain! I have Fibro like SoHappy but it's mostly under control since LCing. Pain sucks and hope you have better days ahead with it.

Penquin, LOVE THOSE MUFFINS!! Got one in the fridge right now for later! YUMMY!!

Sorry if I missed anyone, but hope we all have a great JUDDD week!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 08-22-2011 at 08:19 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #373

Wow, Linda! That sounds like such an amazing and fun weekend. Life should always be lived and experienced with joy. At least, that is my thought on the subject. Even daily life should be lived joyfully. It makes you feel better, and it annoys your enemies!

Toast me with some of your delicious wine. And here's to the two of you!

I'm getting a lot done, two beds stripped and remade all fresh for the week, bedding and a load of whites done, and now just drying my final load of darks. So far, all is folded and put away. Dishes are done, Kitchen is wiped down and looking good.

I'm going to help a friend of daughter's clean up remodeling sawdust and plaster dust, etc. from a little house she bought from her grandmother's estate. She's updating it, and it's going to look like a brand new home when she's finished, for a lot less money. But she also works all week, so I'm going over there today and tomorrow to clean. Then the painters will do their thing. That'll keep me busy for a couple of days here. But I went over there yesterday to look at it, and she needs help. LOL

Have a great day. DD for me, and so far just coffee with some half & half. I'll pack a bit of food to take with me, but probably hold off on eating much of anything until this evening. Mostly I'll just be drinking water while I work.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BonnyLass
Stats: 285/163/135
WOE: low carb/starch blockers when needed
Start Date: 73'low carb 4evr.Never fell for low fat
Well, today was the day I said I would start JUDDD so...Put on three pounds since I first posted, I am at 145. Took a surprise spur of the moment trip to NYC this weekend and low carbely(?) speaking did well until Sunday. Tried to be rational(what with reading the compulsive over eating book)but growing up in NYC and not having been there in years I did enjoy a few childhood favorites. I did not gorge using the logic that I will never have the chance to eat this stuff again but I did have two slices of Sisilian Pizza at Patty's and two bagels(one with Lox, cream cheese, onions and capers) at the place we use to go to in Brooklyn. It still had the same neon "Hot Bagels Now" sign from when I was a kid.I didn't even have Cheesecake at Junior's with everyone else because that is something I know I can mail order if the urge ever hit(probably never would as I enjoy my own homemade low carb cheese cake just as much) Feel very bloated today but not hating myself. Have shake mix, diet jello and plenty of greens at the ready. Today was suppose to be an up day but right at the moment the thought of eating just isn't appealing. Since I need Friday to always be an UP day whether I eat a lot or a little I will still count this as an up day.

Last edited by BonnyLass; 08-22-2011 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: one more thing
BonnyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Two questions: I'm curious about what the stats really mean. When I put mine up when I first came on this board I put : 285 my highest weight (I think, could have been more) 163 was the weight I was at then (getting back on the wagon weight) and 135 was my goal weight(which I think I 'm adjusting to 128). Is that what we were suppose to do?
Question for SoHappy: In some older post you made your own Shiritake noodles do you still? It just seemed some preferred them to store bought as they didn't have the off putting odor.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #376

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnyLass View Post
Two questions: I'm curious about what the stats really mean. When I put mine up when I first came on this board I put : 285 my highest weight (I think, could have been more) 163 was the weight I was at then (getting back on the wagon weight) and 135 was my goal weight(which I think I 'm adjusting to 128). Is that what we were suppose to do?
Question for SoHappy: In some older post you made your own Shiritake noodles do you still? It just seemed some preferred them to store bought as they didn't have the off putting odor.
Stats are really what you want them to be, but most do it just like you said: Start weight/weight now/goal weight. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in NYC and some things just need to be done (bagels and memories)!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
For me, my stats are starting weight/current weight/goal weight. I consider starting weight to be THIS go round (many of us have had many starts and stops over the years). So 220 was my weight when I started in March, 159 is my weight now, and 120 is my goal. If I had a significantly higher weight at some point, I might parenthetically note it as my highest weight. But that's just me - I'm sure different people do it differently. For you, if you're currently at 145, I'd put that as the middle number.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
Up again on a down day. Grrrr.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #379
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marymmma
Stats: 329/310/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/11...Restart 8/19/11
Congratulations on your weight loss SoHappy! You are truly a real inspiration here.

I went to the store and bought me a small bag of cod with the little money I had left for the month. It should do me on dds for the rest of the month. I believe it is only 80 calories for a 4 ounce serving. That and some veggies will help sail me right along on my dds. And, SoHappy, if I need to up my dds some I will do that. Just a little bit. And if I don't I won't. But I will strive for 500. Thanks for the tips...from everyone else too!

I am so happy right now I could scream! My future daughter-in-law just emailed me. I think I mentioned where my youngest son was getting married. It's on the 1st of October. I've been so worried about a dress and shoes because I only get a very, very small amount of alimony on the 1st of every month and their is never any left over after the bills, etc., if I have enough for bills in the first place. So I've been really worrying about it and down to the last month now.

She just emailed me and said that she and my son are taking me to town next week for a new dress and a pair of shoes. She says it's their treat and that's that. Says she knows I've been worrying and knows I don't get much money so they want to help. I'm so happy and so blessed to have a wonderful son and a wonderful soon to be DIL. She had already told me about a month ago that when she goes and gets her hair fixed on the morning of the wedding she is taking me with her to get mine done. I'm so blessed. So much worry off my shoulders.

I'll go now. I'm too excited to eat. Have a great day everyone.
marymmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbibclc
Stats: 231.8/132 54/5-6
WOE: Primal/HHCG
Start Date: August 2009
I am really learning a lot from everyone here. I am doing HHCG now and want to finish this round but see JUDDD (tweaked) as a great WOE. I do notice that I am doing this even with the HHCG. I was way up yesterday on calories and hunger and today have had less that 200 so far.
Lbibclc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #381

Quote:
Congratulations on your weight loss SoHappy! You are truly a real inspiration here.

I went to the store and bought me a small bag of cod with the little money I had left for the month. It should do me on dds for the rest of the month. I believe it is only 80 calories for a 4 ounce serving. That and some veggies will help sail me right along on my dds. And, SoHappy, if I need to up my dds some I will do that. Just a little bit. And if I don't I won't. But I will strive for 500. Thanks for the tips...from everyone else too!

I am so happy right now I could scream! My future daughter-in-law just emailed me. I think I mentioned where my youngest son was getting married. It's on the 1st of October. I've been so worried about a dress and shoes because I only get a very, very small amount of alimony on the 1st of every month and their is never any left over after the bills, etc., if I have enough for bills in the first place. So I've been really worrying about it and down to the last month now.

She just emailed me and said that she and my son are taking me to town next week for a new dress and a pair of shoes. She says it's their treat and that's that. Says she knows I've been worrying and knows I don't get much money so they want to help. I'm so happy and so blessed to have a wonderful son and a wonderful soon to be DIL. She had already told me about a month ago that when she goes and gets her hair fixed on the morning of the wedding she is taking me with her to get mine done. I'm so blessed. So much worry off my shoulders.

I'll go now. I'm too excited to eat. Have a great day everyone.
How wonderful for you!! I can't wait to hear all about the new dress and shoes! Make sure you take a pic for all of us to see the day of the wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbibclc View Post
I am really learning a lot from everyone here. I am doing HHCG now and want to finish this round but see JUDDD (tweaked) as a great WOE. I do notice that I am doing this even with the HHCG. I was way up yesterday on calories and hunger and today have had less that 200 so far.
Can't wait for you to come aboard!!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Marymmma - how wonderful and exciting! A new DIL that you (and your son lol) love, and new threads to celebrate the occasion, it doesn't get much better than that, does it.

I'm not too happy with myself over how I handled this UD - way too much nibbling. No excuse for it, either, but I guess those days will happen. DD tomorrow and I will be back on track. I had just managed to eke off the last bit of gain from last weekend's festivities...oh, man, I've spent most of the summer losing and regaining but fortunately losing a bit more than I gained.

In looking back, though, the "damage" isn't bad considering that this has been an exceptionally "social" summer. I think that without JUDDD keeping me in line, I would've been up a good 10 pounds or more, instead of down.

I made delicious food today - curried turkey meatballs (recipe posted a while ago in our recipe thread), and a luscious salad that I watched Giada make on the Cooking Channel the other day. It was so simple - very fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced, drizzled with a little EVOO and salt and pepper, toss and spread in a bowl. Then celery sliced thinly on the diagonal, tossed with EVOO salt & pepper (gotta do them separately she said to make sure they are well dressed), spread over the mushrooms. Then a bit of pecorino romano crumbled over the top. I made it about an hour ahead of time to let the flavors meld. It was an amazing blend of flavors. I used just a couple of Tbs of oil and maybe 1 oz of the cheese with a whole 8 oz box of mushrooms and at least a cup of celery - didn't calculate the calories but it couldn't have been much more than 400 for the whole recipe. Sooooo delicious!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #383

Good Morning ALL!

Down my 1/2 pound I gained over my weekend fun, plus another .2! I'm HAPPY!!

UD today and I'm going out with a friend for dinner. I LOVE that I can eat anything I want today so the restaurant choices are many again. When LCing it became hard and I just missed things like pasta, bread, rice, etc. Now I can eat them (in moderation, of course) when I have an UD. Actually can eat them on a DDs too, but would rather fill up with veggies calories so I have more food to eat on those days!

Penquin, that recipe for the mushrooms sound amazing!! I can't wait to try it! I think summer is so hard for weight loss, too and I tend to gain in the summer instead of the winter like some folks, but I'm finding that with JUDDD it's easier to get it off now and it keeps me "in line", like you said!

In case you all didn't notice: The admins put all our recipes in one sticky! I'm really happy about this. Now everyone's recipes from the 3 different recipe sticky threads are all together in one place! Just think it's an easier go this way to find a recipe instead of jumping from thread to thread looking. I could never remember what thread I saw a recipe on!

Last edited by Beeb; 08-23-2011 at 10:07 AM..
Old 08-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Day Two. I've learned a lot already! I've never used one of those food trackers but since many have mentioned MyFatSecret I went there first. Had a hard time with it so I then went to DailyPlate, easier to use but for some reason I had trouble logging in the second time and became very frustrated when trying to remedy the situation(clean out cookies blah, blah blah)then I found ************ which Dottie an Administrator here had a link to and it was perfect. Easy to use, good database(didn't care much for the forums so I'll keep posting here and using the tools there). What an eyeopener! Seriously, now I can see why I've had problems.
After years of dieting things really do blur. Foods that I have always considered "free" on low carb really had a price I was completely blind to and I can't help but think others have fallen prey to the same thinking. Romaine lettuce, 7 g carbs, one cucumber 5, 1/2 c of cottage cheese 5, 1/2 tomato 4. So my salad that I considered pretty much a "free" food actually exceeded 20 grams of carbs. I'm shocked.
Today was my down day and wow, it really is tougher than I thought it would be. My strategy was to wait until my hunger was really gnawing. Woke up at 8 and finally at about three I was pretty hungry. Didn't want to jump right in so I had a glass of Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry. I have never had it before, man was it good. I'm not much of a soda drinker but I like Cherry so I gave it a try, it was great. Did laundry to occupy my time, went to check mail. Couldn't believe the Netrition order I placed yesterday was here today. Cool! Tried a Syntrax Nectar Peach Shake. I was somewhat disappointed(this brand gets a lot of raves so I had high hopes)but I'm feeling pretty full. I think for me the trick will be to hold off as long as possibly and then take it slow.
I'm optimistically cautious as the first days for me are usually heady then I peter out. Hope this time will be different(crossing both my fingers.)
Old 08-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #385

Bonnylass it sounds like you have a good plan! I, too did the "wait until hungry" on my first couple of DDs and then it just got easier and easier! For me, eating a lot of veggies on these days helps a whole lot and keeps me full. I didn't worry about the carbs at first either, and some days I was WAY up there, but I'm still losing and feeling great so it can't be that bad, right?

Glad to have you on board and looking forward to reading your posts!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #386

Quote:
..........Question for SoHappy: In some older post you made your own Shiritake noodles do you still? It just seemed some preferred them to store bought as they didn't have the off putting odor..........
Hi, BonnyLass. Well, I've never actually made noodles. What I did was cook up mixtures of glucomannon powder, all fried up until it was kinda' thick and chewy-gluey, weird texture which was actually pretty delicious. I'm tremendously glad you reminded me of this. I'd forgotten I ever did that, and I'm going to start in experimenting with it again. Now that I've come up with my favorite General Tso's sauce, I'm wondering if I can't make a General Tso's flavored batch of chewy-gluey glucomannon chunks, and just enjoy the heck out of them. I'm pretty excited with the anticipation, just thinking about it! I'll report back on this experiment as soon as I can try it out.

And that *stink* of the noodles when you open the bag and rinse them. And rinse them. And rinse them. And the stink never seems to rinse out? Well, somehow, once you actually put some sauce on them and mix the noodles in with whatever you're making, the odor just seems to be gone. Weird thing. I've never noticed that smell once my actual food was prepared.

Quote:
..........Took a surprise spur of the moment trip to NYC this weekend...........
Your holiday in NYC sounds like a lot of fun, and I'm glad you had a wonderful time and got a chance to sample some of the fun foods from your childhood and that New York is known for. Life's too short to always be on a diet, always having to refuse to sample the tastes of foods that make up the years and decades of our lives. Being *good* mostly is what gives us the latitude to indulge in these joyful times that include food. And JUDDD is so forgiving that the occasional indulgence is rarely even shown on the scale, and if we've overdone to the point the scale shows a gain, JUDDD is there to help us make it melt away very shortly. JUDDD helps us be able to keep our live balanced. It's a plan where we can have our cake and eat it too. Or in your case, a bagel that was so indulgent and anointed that I wanted one clear over here in Iowa, just from reading about it!

Quote:
..........Foods that I have always considered "free" on low carb really had a price I was completely blind to and I can't help but think others have fallen prey to the same thinking.

..........My strategy was to wait until my hunger was really gnawing.......... I think for me the trick will be to hold off as long as possibly and then take it slow.
BonnyLass, yeah, foods all have some price. I just have to not be all *Duh* and recognize that price. And what will it cost me? What price will I pay if I choose to eat a baked potato instead of a side of steamed broccoli? Am I willing to pay the price it will cost in order to enjoy those luscious Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster? So for myself, I pay in calories. And if I want to buy something and it is costly in calories, I have to save up the money/calories for the purchase. I try to eat scant for breakfast and lunch if I want to indulge and splurge on a fabulous dinner with all the decadent carby items that make me sigh with contentment. For me, it works.

And I know what you mean about holding off eating on Down Days in order to not run out of calories long before I've run out of day. The longer I can hold off eating, the better I can manage my eating for the day. Eat early, and I'll be hungry all day long. Postpone eating until later in the afternoon, and it's so much more easily lived with. It's just no big deal that way. Easy Peasy.

Last edited by SoHappy; 08-23-2011 at 04:49 PM..
Old 08-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
Up again on a down day. Grrrr.
How did your day end up? Is there something that you can pinpoint that starts the trouble. When do you first start eating? Do you feel the most appetite and urge to eat/overeat in the mornings or in the evenings? Are you an *after supper snacker*?

Let us know if there is information you want, feel free to be asking us how we do it, what we eat, how it works for us, etc. Sometimes just hearing something that somebody else does will be the key for us too.

Hope today is going well for you. It's so worth it. Once you can get the *JUST DOING IT* part of it under your belt, the rewards will pile on your head! LOL And the pounds will melt off of your body!

Hang in there.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #388

Quote:
..........I went to the store and bought me a small bag of cod with the little money I had left for the month. It should do me on dds for the rest of the month..........

My future daughter-in-law just emailed me..........that she and my son are taking me to town next week for a new dress and a pair of shoes.........told me about a month ago that when she goes and gets her hair fixed on the morning of the wedding she is taking me with her to get mine done. I'm so blessed..........
Oh, My Gosh, Mary! That is such fun and fabulous news about your DIL and Son buying you the dress and shoes for your wedding clothing! And having your hair done the morning of the celebration. You truly are blessed, as you said. To know that your dear son has picked a young woman with a loving and generous heart is worth more than rubies, isn't it. I'm so happy for you.

And the fish is so good for you and low in calories at the same time, it is a really nice choice for protein, isn't it. I love fish too. That will make some tasty DD meals for awhile. Just vary the veggies, and you can make different suppers, depending on what you're in the mood for. Good for you.

Hope you're doing well today.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbibclc View Post
Hi, Liz. I'll be looking forward to you joining us here in the future! I'm sure you have a lot of good ideas and thoughts on eating on the low calorie Down Days.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
..........I'm not too happy with myself over how I handled this UD..........I've spent most of the summer losing and regaining but fortunately losing a bit more than I gained.

In looking back, though, the "damage" isn't bad considering that this has been an exceptionally "social" summer. I think that without JUDDD keeping me in line, I would've been up a good 10 pounds or more, instead of down..........
Hi, Donna. I know what you mean about losing a bit more than you've gained. I always visualize weight loss as a ball, bouncing down the stairs. It bounces up and down, up and down, but all the while, it's bouncing further down the stairs. That's how I don't worry about my daily fluctuations in weight. Some days I'm up a little and some days I'm down a bit, but overall, if the weight is bouncing down like the ball bouncing down the stairs, I'm OK with it. But if that ball ever starts to bounce UP THE STAIRS, then I'll really have to wake up and tighten up on my dining habits immediately!

And I think your summer has been sounding very social and fun too. You're making me a little jealous. LOL Naw.. just teasing. Have a ball and eat well. But just do JUDDD really well too, so that it just comes out beautifully for you in your weight loss or maintenance modes. Frankly, at least for myself, I'm not one to think that every day and every week has to be a big push for loss. I mean, I go through periods where I've brought weight down to a new level, and then I've been happy to live there for awhile, sort of getting used to that weight before I started in again. So maybe this summer is actually good for you.. sort of eating well, losing slowly, but letting your body rest for a bit before you really tighten up again when you're ready to really *hit it* again. JUDDD is there to make the *social* time manageable and ready to help you with more real weight loss when you're ready to go full tilt again. Glad you're enjoying your summer. Winter will be here soon enough.