Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
BonnyLass, Welcome to the group! SoHappy and Beeb can sure be convincing can't they? I know I am in!

Wifey, It is such wonderful news about your step-dad! I hope his recovery will go just as smoothly.

SoHappy, Well I guess if you are doing 2 DD and 1 UD, then the amount of cals you ate with that pecan pie will even out Glad you enjoyed it!

Maryo, I am glad you brought up the E-Resveritrol because I was wondering about it also but kept forgetting to ask about it.

Momof3 .. WOW! You go girl!!! I would be crying tears of joy with that kind of loss!

t is official .. I am down to 220 !!! When I went to the doc on Friday I weighed 223. Then I went waaaayyy off plan for that entire weekend of Fri, Sat, and Sun. On Monday I weighed 227 .. a gain of 4 pounds. So today being at 220 is the lowest I have weighed in ages. Even if I didn't count what I put on over last weekend, that is a 3 pound loss! THANK YOU Beeb for posting so much about this WOE that I just had to try it. And thank you SoHappy for all the information!

Last edited by Moonchild; 08-18-2011 at 10:12 AM..
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Love to have folks posting about their weight losses. That's wonderful motivation for us all.

As to the Resveratrol, naw... I don't use that stuff. The few I've ever heard talk about doing so, always said they couldn't tell one bit of difference in how they felt, in how their body functioned, they could see no changes in their appearance nor any quickening of their rate of weight loss.. in other words, maybe it is a healthful product, but its effects are quite slight for most people when balanced against the high cost of this product.

The ingredient is found in red wines and in red grape skins, which would be how I'd most like to take it in. And although it is in concentrated form in the capsules, it apparently oxidizes so quickly after manufacture that what people buy of most brands is pretty much worthless.

Don't sue me, but for the most part, I think his site is a lot like a late night TV infomercial, hawking a product. I appreciate the diet, and it's fun that he formalized the calorie restriction and calorie cycling eating concepts that have been around for decades, but it's really nothing new. It's just written up now as a *real diet plan with an actual name*...

Don't misunderstand what I am saying though. I LOVE JUDDD! I really do appreciate and value the concept of banking and then spending calories in this manner, and having a formalized plan for that makes it more fun to do. At least for me.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Maryo - I make the superlow cal muffin several ways - I often follow Ouizoid's original recipe for the chocolate version using Hershey's Special Dark cocoa, and when I want a more decadent treat I use the tweaks I've posted in the recipe thread that incorporates Walden Farms marshmallow stuff and Baja Bob's mudslide mix.

I have found that making it ahead and letting it sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight gives it a moister texture that I like.

But all in all, I like it very much and have never felt I had to choke it down, even when I make it and eat it right away. A friend I've shared the recipe with swears by them too - can you post the recipe you are using and maybe we can figure out where the problem lies?
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #304
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Maryo - I make the superlow cal muffin several ways - I often follow Ouizoid's original recipe for the chocolate version using Hershey's Special Dark cocoa, and when I want a more decadent treat I use the tweaks I've posted in the recipe thread that incorporates Walden Farms marshmallow stuff and Baja Bob's mudslide mix.

I have found that making it ahead and letting it sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight gives it a moister texture that I like.

But all in all, I like it very much and have never felt I had to choke it down, even when I make it and eat it right away. A friend I've shared the recipe with swears by them too - can you post the recipe you are using and maybe we can figure out where the problem lies?
I will attest to this ^^^^^ This muffin is BIG and YUMMY!! And a savior on those DDs when you want something chocolate and gooey! It's my "standby DD dessert" now!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #305

UD today and DBF wants to go to Five Guys Burgers and Fries!!!

It's really good for fast food (which I don't normally do at all), but so high in calories that I've had to save most of my calories for tonight's dinner.

See, I had a big calorie breakfast item this morning not knowing I was going here for dinner. If I had known, breakfast would have been a smaller item with less calories and would have given me the option to eat a small lunch item, too even with the big calorie dinner coming up......... BUT............ the beauty of this WOE is that it's OK and feels SO good to be able to forget the "black list" and enjoy somethings like this once in a while!!

Goodness........HOW I LOVE JUDDD!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 08-18-2011 at 02:08 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #306
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DWhalen4
Stats: 255/225/150
WOE: Atkins / JUDDD
Start Date: 6/1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
UD today and DBF wants to go to Five Guys Burgers and Fries!!!

BUT............ the beauty of this WOE is that it's OK and feels SO good to be able to forget the "black list" and enjoy somethings like this once in a while!!

Goodness........HOW I LOVE JUDDD!

I just gained 5 lbs thinking about 5 guys lol. OMG I am not a "burger" kinda gal, but damned if they dont have the best ever and the fries are WORTH the 5lbs rofl. I'd fast for 2 days just to get some
DWhalen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #307

I've only recently even heard of this place, but I'm kinda' glad we don't have them here.

Enjoy your dinner this evening, Linda. Sounds like it's going to be a good one.

I'll be thinking of you while I get this DD under my belt.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #308
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marymmma
Stats: 329/310/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/11...Restart 8/19/11
Hi everyone.

I've been lurking here for awhile and finally made the decision to join your group. I even went out and bought some shakes for my down days for the first two weeks and other foods for my up days.

I was so excited to come on here and tell you all last night that I was joining when I happened to read a post on another thread that said most diabetics shouldn't do this diet. I couldn't hardly stand the disappointment I felt. I had trouble sleeping last night and all day today I've been trying to figure out what else to do. But couldn't think of anything else I wanted to try. I've been morbidly obese for over 35 years and have tried most every diet out there. JUDDD seems like something made for me and I really want to give it a go.

For years I've had depression issues and I really hit bottom two years ago when my now ex-husband left me out of the blue after 25 years of marriage. I'm still struggling to find anything worthy about myself, to bring myself up out of the gutter, to find a reason for living again. I know losing this 150 pounds I need to lose would help tremendously.

So what do I do about the diabetes issue? I've never truly took good care of myself as far as the diabetes goes. It is uncontrolled diabetes. My eating has always been awful and even more so the last two years. Sometimes I don't take my medicines on a regular basis as I should because money has become a really, really big issue these past two years. I finally qualified to get an EBT card last month so for the first time in over a years I was finally able to go buy groceries and not have to have my mom help me out there. I've applied for medicaid but they haven't made a ruling yet. It would help me to get my medicines and to be able to go see the doctor when I need to. I pray I get it. So things are looking up there. Now to attack the weigh issue.

I want to go ahead and try JUDDD's anyway if you all think it would be alright. It's got to be better for me than to go on the way I am right now. I'll do on my DD like Lowcarbmoon (I think) said she would do on hers and that is to eat low calorie, high volume spread out over the day in a grazing way.

So, what do you think? I want to get out there and live. I want to live!! I'm tired of everyday being the same boring, nothing day. I want to lose weight hoping my health issues resolve themselves some and look for a job so I can be around people...talk to people.

I'm sorry this is so long and rambling. I have a hard time coordinating my thoughts and getting typed out what I'm thinking in my brain.:blush:
marymmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #309

Welcome! I'm so glad you've joined us here.

I can't offer any advice or suggestions as to how you will need to apportion your foods throughout your days to take care of your blood sugar level, as I am not diabetic and don't personally know about it. My sister is diabetic, and she can eat scant amounts of foods on days she plans to keep her calories down, but she has to eat little bits fairly often throughout those days, I think to keep her blood sugar fairly even. (I think that's it...)

I do believe we have some diabetic people here on JUDDD though, so perhaps some of them can offer you some suggestions as to how they make it work for them.

I think life is going to be getting pretty darned exciting and wonderful for you in these next days and weeks and months! Start making lists of everything you want to do, and then start telling us about it all as you do all those fun things on your list!

And I'm glad you have your EBT card now. That'll be a big help. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you are approved for medicaid.

This is going to be a great new year!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Penguin - I was basically using Ouizoid's recipe except I substituted some ingredients I didn't have. I used regular cocoa instead of the special dark, I used chocolate DaVinci's instead of Hershey's syrup, and I used splenda instead of Erythritol. Do you think those substitutions would make a huge difference? I now have powdered erythritol, but I'm not sure whether the 1/3 cup measure was for granular or powdered. It seems like a lot in any event.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #311

marymmma!!! I am so happy to see you interested in JUDDD and I'm hoping you will be able to find the answers to your questions on whether this way of eating will be ok for you.

The group on here is just amazing, very supportive and caring! It has helped to make my journey into JUDDD an exciting and happy one and I'm sure it will do the same for you!

I would like to give you a link to a site that was a BIG help for me when I was trying to change me life after 23 years of marriage. It's very inspiration and gives us the means to attract what we need to make life a simplier place to be.

I'm sending the link to you via private message. Please sign up for the site, it really helped to change me life.

Hope to see you posting often.................
Old 08-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #312

Well, had my Five Guys Burger and Fries. It was delicious, like I remembered but definiatly NOT a meal I will do again soon! I'm not use to all those carbs (I had SO many today! ) and actually feel a little over stuffed. Just drinking tea tonight, no evening snack like usual, even though I still have a couple calories I can (and maybe should) use up.

So that is going to be my question.....Do we use up our calories or just eat to hunger? I'm not sure about this and it's something I have been wondering about. Example: My UDs are suppose to be around 1600 calories. Today I have only eaten 1350 calories but I'm really not hungry and don't want to eat anymore. Should I? Do I need to eat all those UDs calories for JUDDD to be at it's optimum power?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
..........Do we use up our calories or just eat to hunger? I'm not sure about this and it's something I have been wondering about. Example: My UDs are suppose to be around 1600 calories. Today I have only eaten 1350 calories but I'm really not hungry and don't want to eat anymore. Should I? Do I need to eat all those UDs calories for JUDDD to be at it's optimum power?..........
You know, I really don't think so. I'd say some of the strength of JUDDD is the power of cycling between those high and low calories, but I don't think it will have any bearing if you don't hit that mark every day.

I think if your low calories were 850 and your high calories were 1,100, maybe your spread wouldn't be enough to keep metabolism from just kind of settling right into that calorie level, because you'd be eating there all the time.

But I don't think there is any reason to make yourself eat more just to come up to some previously determined amount of calories for some future day. I kinda' don't think we should ever feel we should be putting food in our mouths when we aren't even hungry. To me, and for me, that would be about that mindless eating just for the sake of eating, and I don't want to ever go there anymore.

Sure glad your burger and fries were great though!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You know, I really don't think so. I'd say some of the strength of JUDDD is the power of cycling between those high and low calories, but I don't think it will have any bearing if you don't hit that mark every day.

I think if your low calories were 850 and your high calories were 1,100, maybe your spread wouldn't be enough to keep metabolism from just kind of settling right into that calorie level, because you'd be eating there all the time.

But I don't think there is any reason to make yourself eat more just to come up to some previously determined amount of calories for some future day. I kinda' don't think we should ever feel we should be putting food in our mouths when we aren't even hungry. To me, and for me, that would be about that mindless eating just for the sake of eating, and I don't want to ever go there anymore.

Sure glad your burger and fries were great though!
These were my thoughts, also but since I'm so new to this I just wanted to be sure. I looked on Dr J's site and I didn't see anything about having to eat ALL my calories on my UDs, but I thought I could have missed it.

Thanks for clearing this up and I don't think I could eat another thing tonight anyway and it makes me feel better to know that I don't have to!

Edited to note: I just read this on his site: If you're not as hungry on Up Days, it's okay to eat less than your regular daily allowance. I must have missed it! See, SoHappy..........you do know everything! (at least in my book you do! )

Last edited by Beeb; 08-18-2011 at 07:24 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #315
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marymmma
Stats: 329/310/150
Start Date: 2/11...Restart 8/19/11
Thank you beeb and sohappy for the welcome and your advice. I'm so happy now and excited to get started.

I will check out that link you sent me beeb. Thank you for caring.
marymmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #316
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Glory2Him
Good evening!!

So good to see everyone posting!

Welcome to our new members I"m new too!

SoHappy, thank you for the reply. I hope your experiment works well for you.

Today was a good day, LC-wise, but I still haven't made JUDDD "official" by weighing, measuring and logging my cals. I will tho.

Today's fare:
64 oz of homemade almond milk, chia gel, flax seed, stevia and cinnamon
Roast chicken and roasted broccoli
2 homemade salmon cakes made with coconut flour and chia seeds

Have a great night everyone!
Glory2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Maryo - I don't think your substitutions would matter much - I have never used the erythritol, either. I also do not use the Hershey's syrup, except on rare occasions I'll drizzle a little bit on top. What is it about the muffin that you dislike? Is it dry? Soggy? Maybe it's just something you won't like no matter what? Everyone's tastes are different. For example, our own SoHappy disliked the shirataki noodles for a long time (but she has come to see the light)

If it's a texture issue such as being too dry - try microwaving for a shorter time, or make it the night before. stick it in the fridge and try it the next a.m. to see if that makes a difference for you. Play around with the container size, too - I like the results best when I use a big wide cappucino mug for mine so that it's about 3" across and 2" deep.

Cocoa powder and splenda can sometimes taste bitter - maybe try a different "flavor." I substitute a tbs or two of sf pudding mix for the cocoa powder when I make the lemon version. I'm also fond of making an apple version using some grated daikon radish and SF apple cider mix instead of cocoa.

Oh - and one important thing - what egg product are you using? I learned the hard way that almost all eggbeaters type products have onion powder in them, which tastes HORRIBLE in the muffin. I use either regular egg whites or an "all whites" type egg product for mine.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:06 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Everyone's tastes are different. For example, our own SoHappy disliked the shirataki noodles for a long time (but she has come to see the light)
OH! You are such a stinker! But, yes.. it's true! Once I was told how to fry those little suckers up a bit to reduce a little of their water content, and then some of the wonderful recipes to use them in, I now have to visit the Saigon Market every week for a couple of the big bags of noodles!

Donna ( )comes up with some good recipes for us, so between her and beeb, I always have something to make and try if I'm bored with the idea of another just plain salad.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #319
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hi everyone
Well I won't go into the gory details of the binge I had on my DD yesterday. I am going to my first OA meeting tomorrow morning and am going back to what enabled me to lose my first 20+lbs, which was lots of exercise and atkins induction. I went back through my food journals and I see some things that I have done that may help me avoid some pitfalls. What I think happened is:

- I lost well with Atkins induction but got impatient with slow losses and then moved on to very low carb ,which made me nauseated because the fat was too high and I essentially cut out all veggies. I then started adding in carbs to combat the nausea ,which meant I had to count calories to keep losing which makes me all the more obsessive and angry.

Something I found that really stood out is my chuck roast, pork chops, heavy cream, butter, ribeyes, eggs all the foods along with the right amount of veggies and avocado that helped me lose and feel well on induction were working well until I cut out the veggies and felt ill from I think was too much fat. Looking back instead of increasing my carbs and counting calories I think it would have served me better to go back to keeping the veggies and induction menu and being patient with the rate of loss. To keep cals low my menus looked more like lean meat, half and half, lower fat/lower calorie all around.

Sorry for the novel! These are my thoughts about what has worked/not worked over the last few months. So I am hopeful that getting back to what worked, attending OA and getting my thyroid issues medicated will help me reach my goals.

I want to thank all of you for the support and even the words of caution from those of you who intuitively knew that I was still not heading in the right direction.

reach 120lbs. by 9/1/14
Exercise daily including strength workouts
!

150 140 130 120
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #320

My sister has done OA for years and has maintained a very large loss for years now. The only time she got in trouble was after a few years when she decided she'd switch over to Weight Watchers in her maintenance because she wanted to eat some of the dessert they allowed.

She lost control of herself and got lost again. It took a bit, but she got back on OA, promptly lost the weight she'd regained, luckily not much, and has been doing OA ever since.

She's slim and trim and energetic and has the best blood work. She's so happy!

Most every morning she has a cup of Irish oatmeal with an apple chopped into it, or sometimes a banana, and a cup of thick yogurt with vanilla and some flavored stevia stirred in. Lunches are enormous salads with spinach and cabbage and beets and chicken and I don't know what all, except I know Lighthouse Blue Cheese. I'm only mentioning these things to show that she gets all three - protein & fat & carbs in her diet, and in a balance that had the fat melt off of her.

Now this is an interesting part. Once when she was here visiting, she stood beside me and recited what she ate and in what amounts (because it's almost always the same thing every day) and I plugged it into ****** to see where it came in... All areas of nutrients were covered, and the calories were just a bit over 2,000!!! Every day. And that was maintenance.

You've been remembered in my prayers, Jeaniem. I sure do hope you find a way that will work beautifully for you. I think the OA organization and plan may be your salvation, as it addresses not just your diet and foods but your emotional and spiritual being and helps you come to terms at that level. You have my very best wishes for success on OA.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
marymmma, We are not allowed to give any medical advice on here .. but I think it is okay to tell you that, for me personally, low-carb and now JUDDD has really helped me a lot. With low-carb I have completely come off my insulin! I do take two metformin everyday for it but that is all. I feel so much better! I do still have a great lack of energy .. but I believe that is partially due to other health probs and depression. I don't know about you, but for me it is a seemingly endless cycle .. I first became overweight due to depression (a lot of childhood abuse), then I became more depressed due to being overweight, which led to gaining more weight .. to more depression .. and so forth. I did not have low self-esteem .. I had NO self-esteem. But it is getting better.

Since I do have major depression and have borderline personality disorder, then being stalled witht the same 5 pounds up and down for 2 months on Atkins was really messing with my head.
After reading Beeb's posts about losing again .. I tried JUDDD. Last Friday I weighed 223 at the doc office (checked scales at home and weighed same). After getting somewhat bad news, I went off on an emotional tangent and ate anything and everything for 3 days. By Monday I weighed 227! I went right back to doing a DD with JUDDD and got back on track. Yesterday (Thursday) I was back at doc office and weighed 220! that is 7 pounds down from Monday .. or even if we don't count the gain from the weekend, that is still 3 pounds lost since Friday. .. and now ... today .. I am at 218!!! YAAAAYYY which means at the very least I have lost 5 pounds in one week!

I know with me I have to eat small meals often during the day to keep my blood sugar level stable. That is why I plan to pretty much graze on DD. I will still have a small salad at the usual meal times .. or a bowl of low cal/lc soup .. but plan to nibble all throughout the day on lc/low cal veggies.

I hope my rambling helped somewhat.

Last edited by Moonchild; 08-19-2011 at 08:13 AM..
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
a DD concoction: one bag miracle "rice" rinsed and drained, 2 Tbs oat fiber, 1/3 c eggwhites, WF sf maple syrup--stir well. I topped with a Tbs of my Erythritol faux brown sugar. Microwave 2+ minutes --I would have NO idea what to call this, lol--rice pudding? Whatevah--30 calories, big and filling.

Last edited by ouizoid; 08-19-2011 at 08:39 AM..
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #323
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Glory2Him
Morning everyone!!

I wanted to start posting earlier in the day and I made it with 2 minutes to spare! haha!

Mary, I am a T2 Diabetic and I do very well on low carb and JUDDD. The key for me is to not go long periods without eating. No IF (Intermittent Fasting) here!

As long as I'm eating something every few hours to keep my blood glucose levels stable, JUDDD works just fine for me. I hope it does for you too.
Glory2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DWhalen4
Stats: 255/225/150
WOE: Atkins / JUDDD
Start Date: 6/1/11
Hello Everyone! Welcome newbies and good luck!

Jean so sorry this didn't work out for you, but your health is the most important thing, so do what you have to and take care of you!

Today Is my "off work" day, when hubby is working. So for the last two weeks its been my experiment with food day. I ordered from Netrition last week and started cooking friday straight thru Sunday lol. So then I ordered more stuff to try this week so that it would get here today. Its here and I'm experimenting

Only one small problem its a down day

so far I've done ok, made two types of muffin and had a quarter of each. Of course the remaining muffins are sitting on counter shouting my name lol. I bought some of that erithoral? Sugar alcohol and added that to muffins, they finally taste enjoyable! Yeah me!

I think I need to stop cooking for today lol. Cook on Saturday, its just easier when hubby is at work and house is all mine

I also am 8 days off cigarettes so munchies city. DEEP BREATH. Its one day.
DWhalen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbmoon View Post
marymmma, We are not allowed to give any medical advice on here .. but I think it is okay to tell you that, for me personally, low-carb and now JUDDD has really helped me a lot. With low-carb I have completely come off my insulin! I do take two metformin everyday for it but that is all. I feel so much better! I do still have a great lack of energy .. but I believe that is partially due to other health probs and depression. I don't know about you, but for me it is a seemingly endless cycle .. I first became overweight due to depression (a lot of childhood abuse), then I became more depressed due to being overweight, which led to gaining more weight .. to more depression .. and so forth. I did not have low self-esteem .. I had NO self-esteem. But it is getting better.

Since I do have major depression and have borderline personality disorder, then being stalled witht the same 5 pounds up and down for 2 months on Atkins was really messing with my head.
After reading Beeb's posts about losing again .. I tried JUDDD. Last Friday I weighed 223 at the doc office (checked scales at home and weighed same). After getting somewhat bad news, I went off on an emotional tangent and ate anything and everything for 3 days. By Monday I weighed 227! I went right back to doing a DD with JUDDD and got back on track. Yesterday (Thursday) I was back at doc office and weighed 220! that is 7 pounds down from Monday .. or even if we don't count the gain from the weekend, that is still 3 pounds lost since Friday. .. and now ... today .. I am at 218!!! YAAAAYYY which means at the very least I have lost 5 pounds in one week!

I know with me I have to eat small meals often during the day to keep my blood sugar level stable. That is why I plan to pretty much graze on DD. I will still have a small salad at the usual meal times .. or a bowl of low cal/lc soup .. but plan to nibble all throughout the day on lc/low cal veggies.

I hope my rambling helped somewhat.
I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! LOOK at you go, girlfriend!! That is such great news and your plan seems to be working for you in an amazing way!!

WTG!!!! What an inspiration you are!!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhalen4 View Post
Hello Everyone! Welcome newbies and good luck!

Jean so sorry this didn't work out for you, but your health is the most important thing, so do what you have to and take care of you!

Today Is my "off work" day, when hubby is working. So for the last two weeks its been my experiment with food day. I ordered from Netrition last week and started cooking friday straight thru Sunday lol. So then I ordered more stuff to try this week so that it would get here today. Its here and I'm experimenting

Only one small problem its a down day

so far I've done ok, made two types of muffin and had a quarter of each. Of course the remaining muffins are sitting on counter shouting my name lol. I bought some of that erithoral? Sugar alcohol and added that to muffins, they finally taste enjoyable! Yeah me!

I think I need to stop cooking for today lol. Cook on Saturday, its just easier when hubby is at work and house is all mine

I also am 8 days off cigarettes so munchies city. DEEP BREATH. Its one day.

Sounds like you are in the groove!! AND congrats on the 8 days no butts! I smoked 2 packs of butts a day for 30 years and it's been 10 years since I threw those bad boys away! Everyday gets easier and easier toward improving your health (and your pocketbook )

WTG!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #327

Got a ? please. I see lots using egg whites. I use egg beaters. What is the difference and why are you using egg whites instead of egg beaters?

I love the taste of egg beaters and not sure I could just do egg whites.

Thanks!!!

Going away this weekend with my "honey" and probably won't be posting until Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!!

Last edited by Beeb; 08-19-2011 at 11:24 AM..
Old 08-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
beeb--me? I use eggbeaters. they are nothin but eggwhites and a little colouring--
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Yesterday was my second DD and I ate about 600 calories which is what I had planed on. So I am about to have a big diner and not feal guilty. But this WOE has one down
side I think I will have to update my current weight pretty ofton as I lost another pound.
I quess I can live with that.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Yesterday was my second DD and I ate about 600 calories which is what I had planed on. So I am about to have a big diner and not feal guilty. But this WOE has one down
side I think I will have to update my current weight pretty ofton as I lost another pound.
I quess I can live with that.
WTG!!! Enjoy that dinner!!