Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: wifey
Stats: goal is size 10
Thanks so much. I think I'm just going to use slimfast stuff until my mind clears up. I appreciate the prayers.
wifey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #272

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Thanks so much. I think I'm just going to use slimfast stuff until my mind clears up. I appreciate the prayers.
I can certainly appreciate that your mind must be reeling with all you have to handle right now, with family and the start of a new eating plan, and this surgery for your step dad! Take care of yourself! Just using slimfast shakes for these first few DDs will surely make it a very easy and simple way to adhere to DD calories without having to even think about it.

Best wishes here.. hope everything goes well!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #273
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DWhalen4
Stats: 255/225/150
WOE: Atkins / JUDDD
Start Date: 6/1/11
Wifey- Hope all goes well for step dad, will keep him in my prayers.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and advice. I muscled thru to lunch then decided to eat what I had planned and to hell with the carbs. I was hungry, pretty sure pms'ing, and tummy was feeling wierd from pills.

Breakfast was 1/2 cup coffee with 1/2 tablespoon hwc, and 4 oz canteloupe.
Lunch was 4 oz Carrots fried in butter with garlic powder, and egg salad ( 2 eggs 1 tbls miracle whip)

Planned: Snack - 3 oz apple slices, another cup of coffee after work and that should do it for the day.

468 calories- 35 carbs, 6 fiber.
DWhalen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #274

In the middle of my Up Day today, after the past two day in a row of DDs.

My weight was down two pounds this morning for these last two days, but that is usual as I'm pretty *empty* after DDs.

This morning we went up to the French place and had breakfast.. their delicious coffee with half & half for me with a palmier pastry. Lunch has simply been cold roasted chicken thigh meat from the refrigerator. I've been doing some more carpet cleaning with the shampoo-machine, so that cooked chicken was easy and fast, but I didn't weigh the meat and so really don't know how much I ate. Most of it was the little odds and ends and nibbles of meat left on the bones I pulled meat off of yesterday. That had to be weighed out to assure that my DD calories were on track. Today I'm just letting the chips fall where they may and estimating on the high side, but eating on the somewhat scant side, and my efforts are more focused on a bit housework.

But now I'm going to fix another coffee and go sit out on the patio and enjoy this cool day!

Last edited by SoHappy; 08-17-2011 at 11:43 AM..
Old 08-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #275
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Any tips for down days? I am usually just a eat whatever is lying around type of eater. That hasn't worked so well . I guess it would be wise to use ****** or something to be sure I am on track with calories.

Way to go on the two pounds SoHappy! Sounds like you are a coffee lover too

Last edited by jeaniem; 08-17-2011 at 11:51 AM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Any tips for down days? I am usually just a eat whatever is lying around type of eater. That hasn't worked so well . I guess it would be wise to use ****** or something to be sure I am on track with calories.

Well, I have to say that the TWO pounds loss shown on the scale isn't the usual expected and hoped for loss after a mere two days, but since I haven't been doing JUDDD at a weight loss level lately, I expect there was water weight loss involved!

And my only tip for Down Days is... plan ahead and actually measure out your foods. I just couldn't do a true and successful Down Day if I didn't measure out every single bit of food that I eat on my Down Days. I'd fail on JUDDD. My Down Days are that important to the success of this plan.

So if I'm going to have a big, big salad, I get out my scale (I use a postal scale, of all things! LOL) and measure out 4 ounces of lettuce, an ounce of chopped onion, 4 ounces of chopped tomato, 6 ounces of peeled chopped cucumber, 3 ounces of sliced fresh mushrooms, and then 1/2 a can of Aldi's water-pack canned tuna, and 2 tablespoons of that Kraft low calorie dressing (only 15 cals for two tablespoons) and Viola! A great big yummy and filling salad for only 150 calories or a microscopic bit more.

And then I write down my quantities and measurements and the calories of it all, and the next time I want salad, I can just follow the directions in a few minutes and know what that DD meal costs me in calories.

I'm only willing to fret over my DD meals the first time or two. After that, I want all the work done, and I'm willing to follow the *recipe* for it, but I want all the figuring to have already been done.

The one single thing I've noticed the most for myself is that many of the easy *grab and go* foods are also high in calories. So I do spend time slicing and dicing and preparing my DD foods.

Hard boiled eggs - whites only.. throw away the yolks - are real low in calories, so I can fix half a dozen of those ahead of time and have them in a plastic baggie, ready to grab and go. Under 100 calories there.

Soups and broth can be pretty quick and easy. Gotta' watch what you buy, but there is an occasional canned soup that is also low cal. High sodium sometimes, but if that doesn't bother you, no problem. Making a batch of homemade soup and then measuring it out into saver tubs makes a quick DD meal for the future.

Lots of ways to do it, but if I didn't absolutely pay attention to the DDs and the DD portions and calories of my foods, I'd fail on JUDDD. I absolutely chart my calories for the day. I keep track. I use ******, but in the past I would have entered it all into a notebook by hand. But I'd do it.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
So I haven't chimed in much as I wanted to have a few days under my belt. I am very happy so far with the results.

Previous week doing one day on and off I ended up the week at the same weight as when I started. This week with 2 dd's 1 up 1 dd and working on my second dd in a row I am down 9lbs so far. I have a tad bit of headache because I was eating fruit yesterday on a dd and normally I try to stick more to a lowcarb lifestyle. I am finding it easier to stick with smaller portions which is normally very difficult to do for me as I am a throw as much as I can into a bowl and eat the whole thing because its sitting there kind of gal. Now with having to measure I am pleasantly surprised that I am actually full stomach wise and visually too. Tomorrow will be a test in that not only is it an up day but I have a dr appt the following morning so I don't want to go overboard and my weight shoot up. I am also thinking of switching it to medium day as my friend from out of town is coming to have coffee with my Friday night so I might want to switch either day to a medium. Haven't quite decided yet.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #278
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
I need to get to my butt to the store! lol I want to start tomorrow. My step dad had a heart attack so I've been busy worrying about that. He is having bypass surgery in a few minutes.
Step Dad is in my prayer and on top of my healing list, Wifey!! Please let us know what happens.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #279

I just made the most AWESOME DD Wonton Soup! OMG, it is so tasty, has 5 homemade pork wonton with 2 cups chicken broth, napa cabbage and scallions! Makes a NICE size bowl of soup! Waiting for it to cool some so I can eat it!

Makes 2 servings at 150 calories a serving! I'M SO EXCITED eating this soup!

I promise to post the recipe in the next few days. Easy recipe, too!

Last edited by Beeb; 08-17-2011 at 12:38 PM..
Old 08-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post

Weight, measure and record everything on DDs! This makes life so much easier for me, and after recording for the last few weeks I have lots of choices in my food tracking journal (Fat Secret) to pick from now without having to make and record new things.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
Quote:
I need to get to my butt to the store! lol I want to start tomorrow. My step dad had a heart attack so I've been busy worrying about that. He is having bypass surgery in a few minutes.
Prayers going out for you and your family. Is he out of surgery yet and you have an update? I know how stressful it can be and I feel for you all.

SoHappy .. CONGRATS on the 2 pounds gone forever! YAAAY!

Beeb ... girl .. you are keeping the recipe area busy! Wonton soup .. OMGoodness I love wonton soup! I can hardly wait to see the recipe so I will know if I can have some myself (I am still watching the carbs). Hmmm ... surely I can have it minus the wontons ... it is the meat mixture I love so much in the soup anyways. Do you like Shu Mai? When I first ate those I didn't care to much for them. Then one day I tried them again ... and then again. Turns out they were just an acquired taste. Once I acquired the taste for them though .. they became an addiction! Now I figure if we could make them and just steam the meat without the gyoza wrapper .. it should be pretty low carb. Except I don't know what to use instead of the potato starch. Hmmm... I may have to try it and just leave the starch out. I bet the Shu Mai balls (what else would we call them) would be great in a soup like wonton soup. Dear Lord I love Asian food! Now I am sooo hungry!

I swear sometimes we should all live in the same house and each of us take turns cooking. We would have a feast every night (well .. every other night) and still lose weight! LOL
Old 08-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbmoon View Post
swear sometimes we should all live in the same house and each of us take turns cooking. We would have a feast every night (well .. every other night) and still lose weight! LOL
THIS ^^^ is a great idea!! Nice to see you today, my friend!! I'm thinking about your Shu Mai idea, sounds interesting! The wonton soup I made has 20.57g of net carbs, not bad but not something a person doing pretty LC would eat, I would imagine.

Last edited by Beeb; 08-17-2011 at 01:11 PM..
Old 08-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #283

Thanks so much you guys! He is out of surgery and doing awesome! I guess they ended up having to do a triple bypass on him. But he is doing well with it!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #284

Quote:
Thanks so much you guys! He is out of surgery and doing awesome! I guess they ended up having to do a triple bypass on him. But he is doing well with it!
Really glad to hear the good news. Now you all can relax a little bit, and he can rest and mend!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #285

At the end of my single Up Day before starting in on the next two DDs in this 2 & 1 alternating formula.

Hard to remotely guess-timate the calories in my foods today, since we ate out again for supper as we were running around. I had a cup of chili, loose meat Maid Rite sandwich, and pecan pie. Oh, and a mid-afternoon snack of raspberry yogurt, drizzled with chocolate sauce and some FF whipped cream out of the can. LOL

I always try to estimate fairly, but on the high side.. just in case, and ****** has this day at 2,167 calories. And 175 net carbs. I so totally and completely don't recommend this to anyone, and we'll have to wait until the morning weigh-in tomorrow to see what the damage is going to be. I'm almost always up a little in weight after an Up Day anyway, just because of the extra food still in me.

So, here's to looking forward to my two upcoming Down Days, and the magic that they will work in my salvation! LOL
Old 08-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #286

Quote:
PRAISE THE POWERS THAT BE!! And don't forget to take care of Wifey through all this!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #287
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Glory2Him
Evening everyone!

Boy, this thread is jumping!

Wifey, I'm glad to read your dad is doing well.

Beeb: I love all your posts, recipes and your energy. You are very inspiring!

Sohappy:
Thank you for all the effort you put into your posts. The one about the salad was VERY helpful. I like details!!

Did I understand that you are doing 2 DDs in a row and then an UD?
I don't have the book, but I was under the impression that the dr who wrote it cautioned against doing 2 DDs in a row. Am I mistaken?

As for me, I did well today, but I'm still s-l-o-w-l-y getting back to LC and then JUDDD.

Wednesday
Homemade almond milk, with flax seed, chia gel and stevia.
2 HB eggs, 1 cup roasted broccoli
Chicken basil and tomato sausage
Mixed green salad, dressing, homemade egg salad with chia seed jel
Apple cider vinegar drink
Glory2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory2Him View Post
..........Sohappy: Did I understand that you are doing 2 DDs in a row and then an UD?
I don't have the book, but I was under the impression that the dr who wrote it cautioned against doing 2 DDs in a row. Am I mistaken?..........
LOL! Yes, you understood that right, and yes, we are told not to do that.

This *experiment* started because one of our JUDDDers was having a hard time controlling Up Days and wondered if she could counterbalance too-high Up Days by doing two DDs to make up for it. In other words, a 2 and 1 rotation.

I said, well... let's see how that works. I'll do it with you, and we'll find out what the results are, pro and con.. whether there's any difference at all, whether it works, or doesn't, whether it boosts metabolism, or whether it slows metabolism, whether there are repercussions or whether it's no big deal. So! That is the experiment. I'm a test subject. I'm up 1.6 pounds this evening over my scale reading of this morning.. all of it my immense supper. I'm sitting here feeling overly full, and that is a rare thing for me, and I don't like that feeling. Truth be told, I prefer the empty belly feeling of DDs to this ate-too-much feeling I caused myself this evening. But.. see.. I love pecan pie so much, and I so rarely eat it.. and..

We'll see how bad the damage is in the morning when I weigh in again at the start of the next of two DDs.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Wifey, I'm so glad to hear that your stepfather is doing well after surgery.

Momto3, NINE pounds? That's awesome. If that loss sticks, you'll have all of us jumping on that bandwagon.

SoHappy, thanks for being our other resident guinea pig. I'm glad to hear you lost a couple pounds; I'm waiting to see how you do tomorrow.

Today was an up day for me, and I'm just a tad below 1100 calories with no desire to eat any more today. After my 348 calorie down day, I feel as though I've eaten like a king today. I'm off to read through the down day recipe thread to see if I can get some good ideas for tomorrow.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #290

Momto3, how did I miss that post about the 9 pounds?!!! Holy Weight Loss, Batgirl!!

WTG!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
Thanks. I am on the tail end of my second set of down days and again the hunger is just not there. I was a tad dizzy earlier on today so decided not to go to my water fit class. I have strawberries and yogurt sitting in the fridge waiting for me patiently. Tried making an egg salad with only whites and because I have no lowfat mayo in the house used yogurt instead with a bunch of chopped pickles and green onion. Not the worst thing I ever ate but I definitely need to find some recipes. Tried finding the cucumber salad link but no luck so far.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #292

Wtg on the weight loss and thank you all for the prayers! Ok so I got some slimfast and bars, do I just have a dd and then an UD the next day and just do that??
Old 08-18-2011, 06:01 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BonnyLass
Stats: 285/163/135
WOE: low carb/starch blockers when needed
Start Date: 73'low carb 4evr.Never fell for low fat
Okay SoHappy you've convinced me! I originally started a thread dealing with Dukan as I have heard so much about it as of late. What can I say, I need a change and have been looking around. This WOE sounds like what I do now except I beat myself up on those days when I want fruit or corn or some such thing. Even though I never really eat that much of those things I always feel bad about it so I try not to eat the next day but then ...you know how the yo-yo goes. But this seems different in that you are participating in the plan versus that eating/cheating cycle. Once I read Dukan I knew it wasn't for me, but this? Question? On the JUDDD website they want you to buy Dr. Johnson's E-Resveritrol. Haven't heard anyone mention this and would rather not have to spend money as my funds are short and I am trying to make due with what I have in house. I do have multiple vitamin and a few other supplements I take sporadically(wish I were more consistent because I do feel better when I take them.).Looking forward to my Monday morning start. Think it will be an UP day as I always go out to dinner on Friday so that will make it an UP day too. Anyway, what a great way to start a new WOE on an UP day versus a day DD!
BonnyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:15 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

I for one have not tried the E-Resveritrol. I'm pretty much a skeptic when it comes to that kind of stuff.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 AM   #295
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DWhalen4
Stats: 255/225/150
WOE: Atkins / JUDDD
Start Date: 6/1/11
Good morning everyone! Up day today. I had for breakfast.... drumroll please... a bowl of oatmeal!!! Shhhh don't tell the LowCarb police, I'll get kicked out of the club! lol. God I love a bowl oatmeal for breakfast and haven't had one in months.

Planning the rest of my bbq meatballs for lunch with some carrots and 4 oz of Melon. Dinner will be a Cinnamon Almond flour muffin with butter and coffee.

Wtg all of you "losers" Its a great club to be in hehe!

I was down .4 today putting me at 224.7.
Last Thursday I was at 224.4, however I've increased carbs dramatically since then and I'm due to start tom any minute so I'll take a .3 gain for that weekly period.
DWhalen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:41 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
I tried the Resveritrol - didn't notice a thing, except that it doesn't smell good and if you are the type who, er, burps a bit of eau d'vitamin, you will taste it all day.

My DH tried the Res too, because when it first came out it was touted as a potential help for high blood pressure. He didn't notice anything either.

I had a tough DD yesterday, not sure why except that maybe my previous day was a lowish MD. I did hang in there, and did manage to eke off a little more of my weekend weight gain, but I'm still not back to Friday's weight sigh. So I guess I inadvertently participated in the experiment, but will not be doing that again lol. I really dislike feeling hungry.

We shopped at the farmer's market last night and got some glorious produce. The canteloupe is sooooooo delicious. I only like canteloupe at this time of year when it is fresh from the gardens - can't stand "store bought" canteloupe.

Momof3 - I'm glad things are going so well for you! It just goes to show that we need to tweak our plan to suit our needs.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Greetings, JUDDDers. Today is a down day for me, and to keep calories low I decided to use less than a full scoop of protein powder in the protein shake I have for breakfast every morning. To make up for that, I put a little glucomannon powder in - less than half a teaspoon. And now I feel stuffed! I cannot believe how filling such a tiny bit of that stuff is. Does anyone else notice this when they use the gluc?
Old 08-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #298

Good Morning, fellow JUDDD followers. Here we are in another day of our lives. Hope you are doing a good job of JUDDD today and making this day really count in your life in all areas.

This starts my second round of two Down Days and then another Up Day. Absolutely having no problems with doing this, no undue appetite at all, and still find it very interesting that after a DD, I still don't have any big appetite the next day. It's sort of like my brain and my tummy get trained to accept less and still be quite happy and content. What a nice side benefit that is!

I am the classic slow loser, being an elder at age 68 and with hypothyroid, fibromyalgia, etc. (treated, by the way) so any week that I can end the week down a pound (and maybe a smidge more) is always a happy week and a successful one for me. So that will still be my goal in this experiment. What would be hoped is that calorie cycling would work as well doing it this way as using a straight every-other-day cycle does. But what I'm interested in finding out is whether this might actually promote even a bit more weight loss, still without slowing down metabolism in response.

At any rate, from my past experience here, I'm usually down a fraction after Down Days, but then pop back up some after each Up Day, but certainly I know that these fluctuations are normal and are only a tiny bit related to actual fat melting away, and are much influenced by the scale weight of what I ate the day before still filling my gut!

So down two pounds after my first two DDs, now back up .8 of a pound after yesterday's big UD, and now we'll see if this round of two DDs can get that .8 pound back off plus a tiny bit more. That will be the goal for these next two days. It's fun and interesting being a guinea pig. LOL

Sounds like everyone is settling into their JUDDD routines pretty well and addressing any issues they find themselves facing, which I guess is pretty much the same as life in general. Face the issue. Deal with it. Find a way around it, over it, under it, or just kick through it!

I remember the morning several years ago when I just realized that I was truly exhausted being fat. I mean, I knew it took a physical toll of my strength, but I was just mentally tired of living my actual LIFE in that damned fat body! That was the morning that I realized there had to be some compromise between what I enjoyed eating and what I needed to eat to lose weight.. how much I ate and having to face hunger every single day.. facing a long list of forbidden foods and being able to have my cake and eat it too!

I'm going to be eating every day for the rest of my life. I decided I may as well eat in such a way as to have the best of all worlds in regards to food and weight loss and my body weight! I lost quite a bit before JUDDD. I struggled some but also had quite a bit of success before finding calorie cycling, but now, THANK HEAVEN for JUDDD!

Well, I used the carpet shampoo machine in the TV room this morning, so maybe it's dry enough to begin to put a few things back in place. See ya' later! Do good!

Last edited by SoHappy; 08-18-2011 at 08:40 AM..
Old 08-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Maryo - the gluc powder has been my saving grace through this JUDDD journey! I have issues with hunger and feeling deprived, and the gluc powder is helping me overcome those. I use the gluc powder every day in a shake, in a gel, in sauces and in superlow cal muffins on DDs. I just ordered more because I can't risk running out for even a day! I even took some on vacation to Mexico. Love the way this stuff helps me.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Penguin - I've tried making super low cal muffins for DDs and I haven't come up with one I like. I was mostly using oat fiber, gluc, baking powder and DaVinci's for liquid and sweetening (I can't remember if there were any other ingredients), but while I choked them down and they kept me full, they weren't particularly satisfying. Do you have a good recipe?