Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
JUDDD for JULY: Discussions of Daily Life, Eating, Foods & Supplements

Welcome! This information was originally based on the directions from the JUDDD website.

JUDDD: Dr. Johnson's Up Day / Down Day Diet (sometimes referred to as The Alternate Day Diet)

- - - - -

Getting Started: There are only two phases of the JUDDD Plan: Weight Loss and Maintenance.

Down Days: To lose weight, calorie intake on the “Down” Day is limited to 20% to 35% of daily calorie requirements, although it is strongly recommended that calories be held to below 25% when starting this weight loss plan. (To maintain weight loss and for optimal health, Down Day calorie intake is kept at 50% to 60% of your Daily Calorie Needs figure.)

To determine your basic daily calorie needs, go to an online site such as freedieting, and use their Calorie Calculator. Then you can use the calorie figure given to calculate your Down Day calorie requirement. There is a strong tendency for overweight individuals to overestimate their "Activity" level, thereby giving themselves an artificially high calorie allowance for both their Up Days and their Down Days. To avoid this problem, it has been recommended that for the first two weeks you should consume no more than 500 calories on each Down Day, regardless of your activity level.

Up Days: On the following Up Days, you may eat anything you want and as much as you want, but do not intentionally over eat. It is recommended that your given Daily Calorie Needs figure be your guide.

The important principle of JUDDD is to adhere to the Down Day calorie limit as closely as possible. You do not have to eat up to your calorie needs figure on your Up Days.

Hunger Management: The key to success on the Down Day is learning what works for you. Remember that you can eat tomorrow.

Diet Stress: While most other diets require daily reduction in calorie intake or limit the type of food eaten, JUDDD does not. There are no intricate meal plans and menus required, no preparation of separate meals, and no need for the purchase of special expensive foods, costing you time and money and creating stress in your life. With the Johnson UpDayDownDay Diet™, you are allowed to eat whatever you want on the Up Day, and your choices are greatly simplified on the Down Day, markedly reducing stress.

Energy level/mood: We have observed a consistent, measurable dramatic increase in energy level which is noticeable within 7-10 days, which peaks around three weeks on the diet. This is consistent with animal studies in calorie restriction. This is a desirable and reinforcing sensation which encourages you to keep going.

Based on animal research, the type of food eaten on the Up Day is unimportant compared to adhering to the Down Day calorie limit. This will activate genes (SIRT1) which set in motion the beneficial processes which produce optimal health.

Commitment: It is important to commit in advance to a certain number of calories on the Down Day. We strongly suggest 20 – 25% for the first two weeks, but find that 30 - 35% is more tolerable for some people for a prolonged period of dieting. The lower the calories on the Down Day, the better, but the most important thing is to find a caloric intake you can comply with on an ongoing basis.

(We suggest using only commercially prepared shakes in the first two weeks. Later, prepared foods with the calorie content marked on them can be eaten. It is critically important to guard against the universal tendency to underestimate how much we are eating.)

Weight Loss: How much you lose depends on several factors. The average in JUDDD studies was 2.5 pounds per week, more the first week or two.

You may wish to weigh yourself only on the morning after a Down Day and not more often than once a week if normal weight fluctuations lead to frustration for you.

What People On The Diet Have To Say: “I will never diet any other way. I lost 30 pounds three years ago, which I have kept off without the awful feeling of being on a diet.” – Heidi P.

“There was never a time in my entire life when I wasn’t wheezing from asthma until after being on the diet for two weeks.” – Theresa G.

“I couldn’t walk 50 feet without resting. After three weeks on the diet, I spent all day walking around the shopping mall.” – Ellen M.

“My rheumatoid arthritis got better 31 days after starting the diet.” – Judy L.

For more information, you may wish to read Dr. Johnson's book, The Alternate Day Diet.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #2

Welcome to JUDDD and the month of JULY! Here's to a very successful month.

We focus on smart and controlled Down Day food choices to cut our overall weekly calorie consumption and trigger weight loss.

We revel in the freedom of unrestricted Up Day food choices with no *forbidden* foods, yet remain mindful of our own personal calorie limits.

We support each other with our encouragement, and we share our experiences and our ideas..... and our recipes!

And we are losing weight together.

Welcome to All. We hope you'll join us.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:39 AM   #3

What a wonderful way to begin a new month!!! I'm down to a new low weight by .8 of a pound less that my previous low. Virgin Weight Loss Territory to begin the month of July. That's my good news this morning.

My sad news is that I missed my goal of losing 7 pounds during the month of June. I only brought my weight down by 5.6 pounds, but that brought me down to the very bottom of my maintenance range and took me a little lower, and I'm happy about that, but no gold star for making my goal this month. LOL

I have now set a new goal for July... another goal to lose 7 pounds from my weigh-in of this morning to my weigh-in on August 1st, when I start that month.

These last few days I've been going over my DD 500 by a small bit - usually - but I've been holding my UD calories on the low side too. I mean, not down to a MD level or anything, but cut down by 300 or 400 calories, so now I am thinking that maybe my UD calorie number has been a bit too high all along.

The other thing is that I sometimes track UD calories a lot more loosely than I track my DD cals, so maybe I'm playing too *free and loose* on Up Days. I try to keep track of things but have to estimate some of the foods, etc. So maybe if I tighten up, that will help my weight loss this month.

So I'm psyched up and determined to end this new month with another decent little chunk of fat melted off of me. I don't have to be slimmer to be happy.. but there are still some things in my closet that I can't fit into yet.....

Last edited by SoHappy; 07-01-2011 at 05:42 AM..
Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Congratulations, SoHappy, on the Virgin Weight Loss! And thank you for starting the July thread and for all your work on the recipes thread. It's most appreciated.

I only did JUDDD for a week in June, although I've been doing low carb (Atkins) for a few months and still am. In that one week, I dropped 3.2 lbs and broke a stall. Considering that I had already been low carbing, a 3 lb. loss was more than I expected. I'm aiming high for July - I'd like to drop 10 pounds and feel totally in control of my eating while doing it.

Today is a down day. I have leftover shirataki noodle salad from Wednesday that will probably make up two of my meals. It's supposed to be a scorcher here today, so cold meals will be ideal. Have a great day, everyone, and a delightful start to the 4th of July weekend.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
..........I only did JUDDD for a week in June, although I've been doing low carb (Atkins) for a few months and still am. In that one week, I dropped 3.2 lbs and broke a stall. Considering that I had already been low carbing, a 3 lb. loss was more than I expected. I'm aiming high for July - I'd like to drop 10 pounds and feel totally in control of my eating while doing it...........
Wow!!!!! Way to go. That's fabulous weight loss in just one week, and I'm really happy and excited for you. I know you'll do wonderfully in July too.

And as exciting as losing 3.2 pounds in that single week is, breaking the stall you had been in is even more wonderful. JUDDD works wonders, that's for sure.

Good luck on your new goal. Here's to a great JULY.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Congrats to both of you on your losses! Well done!

Today's post DD weigh-in for me: exactly the same as Wednesday. Still up the half pound. I lost a total of 2 pounds in June. Arrrghhhh. So discouraging.

Nothing to do but keep slogging along, though.

Last edited by verbqueen; 07-01-2011 at 09:19 AM..
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Congrats to both of you on your losses! Well done!

Today's post DD weigh-in for me: exactly the same as Wednesday. Still up the half pound. I lost a total of 2 pounds in June. Arrrghhhh. So discouraging.

Nothing to do but keep slogging along, though.
I'm sorry you are discouraged right now. I don't know why we sometimes go through periods where our fat clings and our bodies refuse to dump it!

I do know that my own weight loss is slow compared to many, and certainly goes in spurts and halts. Some weeks I may lose, occasionally lose a couple of pounds and even a bit more in a week, and then there will be the weeks where I don't lose a bloomin' thing. I do believe that I am losing a little more easily now than I was able to at the time I first started JUDDD. This past month was actually pretty darned good for me. Thankfully.

You had mentioned in a past post that you planned to weigh and measure your Up Day foods and carefully track your calorie intake, just to make certain that you were where you thought and intended to be, calorie wise, on those UDs. Did that turn out to show you that your UDs were indeed at a good calorie level and not getting too high? I know sometimes we're so careful on DDs, but find we're going overboard on the UDs.. at least, that's what I have to be on the alert for. The UD freedom gets pretty heady for me sometimes.

Well, I know that even if I don't lose a lot, by my attending to my daily diet, planning my daily meals, and tracking my daily calories (and carbs a bit) JUDDD absolutely has prevented me from gaining weight, and without it I'm pretty sure I'd be continuing to gain! Low carb just didn't seem to do it for me, no matter what I tried for several years. It wasn't until I added in a whole lot more vegetables and fruit and cut back on the fat and calories that the weight started to melt away. Not fast, mind you, but I was finally losing weight and getting slimmer. So I'm happy to eat this way now forever. Weight loss is only a bonus.

Last edited by SoHappy; 07-01-2011 at 09:46 AM..
Old 07-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Congrats on the VWT, SoHappy! I'd call it a cause for celebration on this "independence from overweight" weekend.

From what I understand - Krogers is the same company as Dillons, King Souper, Smiths and maybe another name. We don't have Krogers in PA either, but we are not far from West Virginia where they do have Krogers, so we go there to shop once in a while.

I'm not sure how my month ended. I had to get up extremely early this a.m., and so my morning weigh-in was three hours earlier than usual. At that point, I was still up 1/2 pound of the mystery 2# I had gone up. However, throughout the day my body did say bye bye to stuff, so who knows, maybe I did make my goal and just don't know it! It's a UD today and we're going to a party, then on Sunday a wedding and on Monday a picnic - dunno what Tuesday's scale visit will show.

Regardless, I'm inspired by your July goal SoHappy, so I am going to aim for 174 on the scale by August 1.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #9

Hi, Donna! Rats.. we don't have any of the groceries you mentioned in this part of the country. Looks like I'm not going to taste the particular flavored beverage you mentioned, but.. oh, well.. I will enjoy my strawberry lemonade one and the mango tropical flavor too. They are also 0 cal, but not sparkling.

Bummer that you didn't get to weigh at the right time of morning to actually get a fair weight this morning. It does kind of leave you wondering how your month really went, but I guess it is what it is. But I feel like we're going to kick it hard this month and have more weight loss to report before it's over!

I'm not doing the UD/DD alternations too much for these next few days while beloved family is visiting, but have figured out a good way to work it anyway. Tonight we're going to have an old-fashioned midwest summer supper, so big fat smokey sausage/weiners in fat sub-type buns, real potato salad and baked beans with the sweet & tangy BBQ sauce flavor from brown sugar, etc. Potato chips and the multi-grain sun chips too, and watermelon after. I doubt I'll bake brownies today, but maybe..... My little skinny-as-a-rail 10-year-old granddaughter thinks this sounds delicious! LOL

And since I expect to totally enjoy it all, I'm doing some tight calorie conservation until suppertime. So far only a couple hundred calories, and that includes 2 mugs of coffee with half & half this morning! I got hungry for spaghetti, so fixed it for my lunch with the shirataki noodles, bamboo shoots, sliced rings of green spring onion, a good spaghetti sauce, and parmesan cheese over the top. It's amazing how much you get to eat of this stuff, calorie-wise, when the noodles are the shirataki stuff!!! What a great discovery.

Hope to be in the nearby swimming pool before another couple of hours have passed. It's 95 degrees here and the humidity is just atrocious! Terrible. But it breaks before tomorrow morning, so only have to endure this day still.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, trying to tell msyelf that if I lose 2 pounds a month, that's still 24 pounds a year. And that's ok. I did lose 5 pounds doing induction in May, which is huge for me, so maybe my body is still alarmed by that. It does want to hang on...

SH, I have been tracking my UDs on ******, with lots of estimating. Maybe I'll need to narrow that down some. I appreciate the suggestions.

Out here, Kroger stores are called Ralph's! I really like the meat at Ralph's here on the left coast--seems higher quality than the other chain grocery stores, so although I have to drive somewhat out of my neighborhood to get to a Ralph's store, I do fairly often.

I remember that Cleochatra mentioned a store brand low carb bread available at King Sooper's in Colorado (another version of Kroger), but I've never seen that one here. It's interesting how regions vary with what products you can find.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 07-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Well, trying to tell msyelf that if I lose 2 pounds a month, that's still 24 pounds a year. And that's ok. I did lose 5 pounds doing induction in May, which is huge for me, so maybe my body is still alarmed by that. It does want to hang on...

SH, I have been tracking my UDs on ******, with lots of estimating. Maybe I'll need to narrow that down some. I appreciate the suggestions.

Out here, Kroger stores are called Ralph's! I really like the meat at Ralph's here on the left coast--seems higher quality than the other chain grocery stores, so although I have to drive somewhat out of my neighborhood to get to a Ralph's store, I do fairly often.

I remember that Cleochatra mentioned a store brand low carb bread available at King Sooper's in Colorado (another version of Kroger), but I've never seen that one here. It's interesting how regions vary with what products you can find.

Well, unhappily, it may not be underestimating calories on UDs at all, but it would actually be wonderful if that was it, because it's so fixable! LOL I'm going to be hoping that it's just a matter of too many calories overall. A little adjustment on each UD, and *presto*, you begin to get skinny!

I tend to do that underestimating thing, and when I seem to get into a period where my body isn't losing anything at all, I always strongly suspect I'm just eating too many cals, and usually that's been my problem. So then I have to go back to actually measuring my food portions. It's such a bother for me to really try to keep track and count, etc. - at least for many/most of my Up Days, but then I guess it's a bother for me to still be somewhat overweight too, so for now at least, I'm trying to keep the UD cals in mind more strictly. Good luck in figuring this out. I bet you will soon.

DD shops King Sooper in Colorado. The next time I head out there, I'll look for the blueberry/pomegranate beverage.

Last edited by SoHappy; 07-01-2011 at 11:52 AM..
Old 07-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

I dunno--due to the fact that it stayed EXACTLY the same, I rather doubt it's a calorie issue, but rather probably one of the many, many "mini-setpoints" I go through on the way to the mother of all setpoints that I've never broken through.

At any rate, today is my last Down Day before I leave for vacay at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Once I'm in Mexico, I will probably just practice lowish carb moderation for the week, and then when I get back, I face a decision--continue JUDDD or give hcg a try?

Anyway, I will be back in a week, and wish you all happy and successful JUDDDing until then!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Jessica, enjoy your vacation! Maybe a vacation is just what you need to get things moving again. Hope springs eternal.

Today is an up day for me, but I almost wish it was a down day. I missed breakfast because I had to pick the 11 year old up at camp this morning and I was on the road almost immediately upon waking up and didn't get back until lunchtime. I made a tasty shirataki noodle stir fry that's been sitting in my tummy keeping me full since noon. So I'm not going to get a lot of calories in today.

One amusing thing - I made three servings of my shirataki stir fry. I ate one for lunch, and DH just sat down half an hour ago and polished off the remainder (so much for enjoying the leftovers on my DD tomorrow!). He doesn't know what a shirataki noodle is, let alone that he just ate 10 ounces of them. When I put dinner on the table in an hour or so, he's going to be sitting there with all those fiber noodles sitting in his stomach like a rock, probably unable to eat a bite of his dinner. Oh well, maybe he'll be wishing he didn't eat my leftovers!!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #14

Hi, Guys! Having a wonderful, fun-filled time with DD and beloved granddaughter, but... oh, dear... I think JUDDD is going to need to wave a magic wand over me to save me from all the foods this visit is including. Pizza tonight, a catered meal at noon because of a memorial service we needed to attend, etc.

Hope you all are doing better than I am as far as toeing the line. I think I'm up a couple of pounds already, but hoping most of it is actually water weight. I'm sunburned too, but the pool was heaven today!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:45 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

SH - glad to hear you're having a wonderful time with your family. There will be plenty of time to get back on plan and shed that water weight once they're gone. Enjoy!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful 4th of July. We went to a local parade this morning, I've had kids' friends here swimming for most of the day, we finished dinner not too long ago and now they have a fire outside and they're toasting marshmallows for s'mores. We're going to head out shortly for a concert (Rick Springfield) and fireworks at the town park. All I can say is, it's lucky it's an UP day!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:02 AM   #17

Tuesday.. dear Daughter and Granddaughter and her little friend will be leaving this morning to head back to Colorado. I'll straighten the house back up and get the beds stripped.. laundry started. Then this afternoon I'll head out to clean up another house for the builder I work with.

I haven't stepped foot on the scale yet, but I know it won't be one bit good! I'm quite anxious to get back to my true JUDDD way of eating. I expect there will be a bit of *water* weight to get rid of, and then onward down to my goal for the month.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend and celebration. I see Mary has been the only one keeping the thread alive over the last couple of days. Yay, Mary!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:04 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

I had fun -but now I have to spend all of July undoing it.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post

I had fun -but now I have to spend all of July undoing it.

Oh, me too, but that's just how I choose to live my life now. LOL I'm just not going to skip the fun foods and gathering at meals of family and friends and celebrations and festivals that dot the year and dot my life. So I had a great time.

I'm just going to enjoy my JUDDD way of eating the rest of the times and relax in knowing that any *gains* will be dealt with shortly and easily, and it will all be back to normal.

So I am now doing a balance between Down Day calories every other day, and getting the rest of the food used up that is cramming my refrigerator. I'm frugal and won't throw anything out, but will just continue to enjoy it on my alternate Up Days. Going to work out perfectly.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:41 AM   #20

Yup. Just what I thought... I'm up three pounds in these four days!

Just had a nice kiwi fruit for breakfast and a mug of hot tea. I'll fix a large salad with chicken breast for lunch and don't know yet what I'll fix for supper.

DD and DGD getting ready to leave, so I'm feeling unhappy. Glad I have some work for this afternoon to distract me from their leaving. I always miss them.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

I wish I was only up three pounds. I'm up seven--the annoying thing is, I wasn't *that* bad! But, that is my metabolsim and I know it, and I tempted the scale anyway.

Good DD so far today. I didn't have much of an appetite this a.m. so even though I made a Ouizoid Superlow Cal Muffin, I only nibbled a bit of it. Wasn't even hungry for lunch. For dinner, I made an enormous bowl of zucchini/shirataki pasta, and a salad of sorts. My grandmother called it "pickled cucumbers" - you just mix up a little vinegar and water (about 1/3 to 2/3), and pour it over thinly sliced cukes with a few thin slices of onions, salt and pepper. After this marinates for a while, the onion flavor nicely infuses the cukes and the vinegar is moderated by the cukes releasing lots of liquid. I have a couple of English Cucumber plants in pots that are producing like crazy, so I sliced up a couple of those and made this salad. The calories are almost neglible and it tastes so good and refreshing. I like this salad best with really fresh cukes since they keep their crispness even after marinating. As long as you don't use too many onions, you can keep it for a couple of days - too many onions will just totally overwhelm the cukes and make them (to me) inedible. But these seem just right, and I'll probably have some more later tonight and for sure again tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #22

Good Morning, JUDDD Followers!

I'm looking forward to finding out how much I'm going to be melting away during the rest of this month. I've started with this first week in the month being filled with family, food, and fun, and had the most wonderful visit. Now it's time to get back on track toward my goal weight loss number.

Since I believe most of my weight *gain* these last days will end up being mostly water weight, I think I'll be able to shed a good four pounds by this time next week. So... what I can do is to eat well and within my JUDDD calorie parameters.

Today is a DD. As usual, I don't have morning appetite, no desire for breakfast, so my morning will be 3 mugs (8 oz.) of coffee with 2 tbsp. of half & half cream in each, for a ****** total of 125 calories. I'll also make sure to drink 4 additional cups of water during these morning hours. I'll weigh a goodly chunk less tomorrow morning, I know that for certain.

Let's really do it well this week and get that wonderful reward of weight loss and increased good health as we go along! I look forward to reading posts from the rest of you and how you're doing today, what you're eating.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

SoHappy, you have such a positive attitude; it's very inspiring!

I got through the holiday unscathed - stayed on plan, continued to lose. Yesterday was a down day for me, and a very unsatisfying one it was. I used up a lot of my available calories on some poor choices (macadamia nuts? on a DD?) and just couldn't find anything appealing in my refrigerator. So today I'm making up for it with some of my favorites. I had egg salad and bacon for breakfast - yum!

I am just 2-1/2 pounds from my halfway point, which is very exciting. My very ambitious goal is to get to that point in the next week to 10 days, so I'm going to be good this week!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:47 AM   #24

Just checking in quickly this morning before heading out. I'm down almost a pound already from yesterday morning.. water weight, I expect, from the last several days of eating and fun.

I'm doing a MD today to counter-balance yesterday's DD.. which ended up a bit on the high side. LOL But we're almost done with all the odds of ends of higher calorie and 'snacky' foods that were a part of our DD's visit and the joyous celebration of the Fourth.

I've been cleaning out the refrigerator. We made yesterday's meals mainly from the leftovers, and just a little bit more for today, and then I'm back to being able to eat just from my own preferred foods. I don't throw stuff out, but incorporate it into our meals, but have to take care about the higher calories/carbs, etc.

So far this morning it's a mug of coffee with half & half, and now I'm having a chocolate/coffee shake. Calories until about mid-afternoon will be in the 275-cal range, and the shake has a bit of glucomannon powder in it, so will keep me feeling wonderfully full for at least that long.

Will fix the last of the white grapes and some fresh kiwi, along with a last lone orange that needs to get eaten. Will use up the odds and ends of veggies that are hanging around, so that means a salad later on for certain, probably topped with crumbled bacon left over from BLTs a couple of days ago. That'll about take care of all my leftover odds and ends from the wonderful time we got to have with DD and DGD.

Then a new grocery shopping trip tomorrow!

Hope you all have a great and rewarding JUDDD day!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Maryo - that is so exciting, to be close to halfway there! What a great accomplishment.

I too love SoHappy's positive attitude!

My own attitude is okay. I am only down 2# from the ridiculous 7# gain, so I suspect there's something else going on involving water retention or something. I should NOT have gained that much and it SHOULD be coming off quicker, but when did my body ever do what it was supposed to do lol.

Yesterday was a good UD, but I did trend heavily towards the fruit, which is something I ordinarily don't get into. Maybe my body needs some nutrients from it.

DD today. So far, I've had only coffee. I still have half a lowcal muffin from the other day which I may eat for lunch. I'm going to eat a lot of cucumbers today, just cut up into spears and sprinkled with garlic salt, pepper and dill. I'll probably also have some zucchini shirataki spaghetti that's leftover from the other day. It's really hot here so I don't want to get into any cooking.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #26

OMG!!! I'm like... *What?* Mary! about halfway to your goal is HUGE! I missed that, and it is so important and worth celebrating! WooHoo! Whee! You'll have to be the inspiration for Donna and me over these next few days, as my DD yesterday went overboard, and Donna says something is causing water retention weight.

Donna, hope those sliced cucumbers help get rid of the retained fluid/water weight. We both certainly know that you didn't gain those 7 pounds in fat, so it's just a matter of getting SHED of the darned stuff! Has it been really hot and humid weather where you are these last days? That makes me about as puffy with retained fluid as eating a lot of salty ham. I suppose the old stand-by advice of *drink lots of water* applies, but a magic wand would be the quickest. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the cukes do their thing and help get rid of the water retention.

OK, so the refrigerator is now cleaned out and washed down and everything put back in its proper place, and order is restored. A few leftover veggies are made into a salad for us both to start this evening's supper, and a few more leftover veggies are in miso soup for tonight too, made with chicken broth. Has sliced green onion tops, mushrooms, diced glucomannon yam cake, yellow miso. DH will get the rest of the stuffed mushrooms, and then I don't know what else. He sure won't be touching that miso soup! He wouldn't like it, and I selfishly want it all for myself anyway!

I'm running really late today, as I was called to freshen up one of the builders houses before the weekend. They're trying to get it sold, so I get to step in and arrange everything and make sure it shows well. Kinda' fun.

Have a great day.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

When you get back home, let us know how your DH's "diet" is going, SoHappy!

My DH's diet is fine...he continues to eat everything I make for myself, as well as the stuff I make for him. I think he lost five pounds.

Edited to add: My DH is not trying to lose weight. He's slim and fit. But he always loses weight when I am on a diet.

Last edited by penguinpower; 07-07-2011 at 09:55 AM..
Old 07-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon, JUDDDers! Thanks for the encouragement - I'm pretty psyched to be almost at the halfway point. Today is a DD and I decided to make a shake. My Netrition order arrived, so I have some ingredients. I used half a cup of almond milk, half a cup of espresso, a tbsp. of cocoa powder, some chocolate DaVincis, a scoop of vanilla whey protein isolate, a tsp. of glucomannan and some ice, and mixed in the blender. The texture is wonderful - so thick! The taste, however, is kind of blah. I really like the idea of a shake because it's easy and very filling - perfect for a down day. But I need a better recipe. Any ideas?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gluc powder tends to dampen flavor somewhat. Maybe try a full cup of espresso, and add in some coffee or chocolate extract? Also, if using cocoa powder it could be the underlying bitterness of the cocoa - add in a little AS of choice (I like Splenda liquid drops). I love love love my coffee chocolate shake on DDs. It's my night time treat!

Cucumber lunch was great. I thought I might also have a couple of the Hebrew Nat hot dogs, but the cukes filled me up, amazing. So refreshing on this hot, humid day. I can always have the hot dogs later if I get hungry.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Hello

I was trying to look up information on this diet but the website is not working. Does anyone have a link??
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote