Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
I hear you, Penguin. I've been totally on plan and I'm still stuck at the same weight I was 6 days ago. But it's not like I'm suffering on this diet, so I can't complain too much. Today is a down day for me, too. I'm really looking forward to my up day tomorrow because I just made chicken salad - it's too caloric for today, but I'm really going to enjoy it tomorrow! And I love the "General Tso Happy" sauce. You guys crack me up.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Had a completely relaxed eating day today, coffee w/half & half for breakfast, broccoli and carrots and chicken breast w/General Tso sauce for lunch, grilled chicken salad w/tomatoes, black olives, cheese and hard egg & blue cheese dressing for supper, and split a treat with DH in the middle of the afternoon... we split a snack of chocolate ice cream and mocha cake up at the fabulous French cafe near us. Not the smartest thing to do for weight loss, but a very delicious treat we get for ourselves on a not-too-often basis. When we just split an order of something like this, I eat about a third of it and he gets the other 2/3's and it works out really good. You know me... spoiled brat old woman who isn't going to give up her sweets, but this way seems to keep me on the straight and narrow as to portion control, and is a small enough portion to keep me from gaining.

Have a guy coming tomorrow and probably on a semi-ongoing basis to get a lot of work done around here for us. Tomorrow I want him to get up on the roof and clean out the gutters, and then scrape all the trim around our carport and prime it and paint it fresh again. I have so many things that can keep him working, I could keep him on for months! Since we're elder, and DH has eyesight trouble, I think it's time to have a younger person tackle a lot of this stuff, and I'm awfully glad not to have that old man of mine trying to get up on the roof at age 77 when he can't see worth a darn! And while the guy is working on that stuff, I'll wash the windows outside. And get a good start on washing the house siding. Lordy, I hope the heat isn't too high tomorrow.

Hope the rest of you have had a good day!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

So Happy, all of that work sound like EXERCISE! It was much cooler here today, but I think I heard it's going to get warm again tomorrow. I hope that's not the case where you are since you're going to be working outside.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:01 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
So Happy, all of that work sound like EXERCISE! It was much cooler here today, but I think I heard it's going to get warm again tomorrow. I hope that's not the case where you are since you're going to be working outside.
Where is your home, Mary? I'm in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa, area, and our temp is supposed to be low 80s today, but in the 90s over the weekend. I think I'm going to work on the shady side of the house as the sun moves across the sky today, so hopefully no sunburn, heatstroke, or general sweaty icky unpleasantness.

About to slice up cukes to put soaking and crisping in vinegar water. Then I refrigerate them and get to munch them, sprinkled with a little salt, for snacks during the afternoon. They're all crispy and crunchy and low cal, and very refreshing when I'm hot.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #65

Had a productive day, although the guy couldn't start working for me today as he had a previous job lined up. I didn't know that he actually had quite as much "odd jobs" business as he has going on, so my stuff may just get worked in here and there.

And I'm cheap. As in, I'm a cheapskate.

We live in a 2,200 sq. ft. ranch with a long 2-car carport. Sort of a 1950s style California ranch in the heart of Iowa. I asked him about cleaning out the gutters, as leaves and tree seeds and twigs were up in there, and this is a good time of year to clean them out. He quoted (guessed) $60. Which I think was too high by at least half. So I got up there on the roof and did it myself today. DH holding up the coils of a garden hose so the weight of it didn't pull me over and off the sloped roof edge. I just put the hose on full blast and hosed the gutters clean ahead of me as I crawled along the slanted edge on my hands and knees, and only stopped to scoop out a mucky handful of gathered 'stuff' occasionally along the way. It only took me about 50 minutes. The neighbors must have wondered what that crazy old couple were up to now!

I also spent a good portion of the afternoon on the big ladder, using a scrub brush and old rag and cleaning the outside of the gutters and drip lip area up there because we live in a neighborhood with lots and lots of big old shade trees, and over the years the white gutters and downspouts develop some mildew or moss in the areas that are most shady, especially this year of lots of rain and incredibly hot humid days! So the part that's done looks fabulous! And I'm about spent.

We went to Burger King for a quick lunch, bought a package of cheap cookies at Dollar General, and we both totally ruined our diets for today. So broiled fish and a good salad for supper this evening with lots of iced tea. And, DH is now down to his lowest in quite awhile, so he's doing well.

I'll be relaxing in front of the computer this evening, so looking forward to hearing from you guys and how your day went today.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

SoHappy, I'm in Northern Illinois, so I'll bet we have pretty similar weather. I give you credit for getting on a ladder and cleaning out the gutters. I would have paid the $60 to avoid that. But if it only took 50 minutes, I guess $60 is a bit much. I would never have known, though!

Today was an up day for me. Chicken salad for breakfast, yogurt and a hard boiled egg for lunch, and steak and mashed cauliflower with sour cream and cheese for dinner. Yum. Food-wise, up days are MUCH nicer than down days, if I do say so.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #67

I'm so hot. And I'm so tired. You'd think that I wouldn't have any appetite and would only want to drink cold fluids, but nope! I'm still hungry!

I am scrubbing all the gutters & drip edges & downspouts, all the vinyl siding and vinyl trim around the windows and doors outside. For some reason this year, I think because of the wet spring and this incredibly hot and HUMID weather now, we are getting mildew stuff growing and discoloring the siding in spots. We have a lot of big old trees all around, and the shade is nice as the sun crosses the sky, but I think that is contributing to the problem this year. Plus just the DIRT that settles on siding. The house just doesn't look fresh and clean anymore out there.

So I'm up on a ladder with a scrub brush and a big bucket of hot soapy clorox bleach water, scrubbing every square inch of my house by hand and then hosing it off. And having to keep getting fresh buckets of my washing solution. I'm only half done and already I'm tired of this job! And next I have to wash the exterior of all the windows, but that'll wait a couple of days. And we have to get whatever product is made to remove mildew stains from concrete patios, as we have a huge patio along the north side of our home, as in.. it's in the shade a lot too.

But this is the summer of getting everything attended to on the outside. I have a guy doing a lot of painting of the carport, and I'm going to hire him to do a lot of stuff for me. We're too old and get tired too quickly when the job entails hauling retaining wall rocks or digging and redesigning the gardens. I'm now of an age where I'm fully ready to pay someone else to do it all for me!

Holding the fort as to weight. Not gaining anything, but not losing it either. I've just been concentrating so much on getting work done that I haven't been including many DDs in my JUDDD diet. I think I'm sort of rotating UDs with MDs, so not low enough overall for weight loss, but now I know how easy it is going to be to maintain! One of these days soon I'll get back into the mindset and get those DDs going again.

I hope you guys are doing better than I am with the JUDDD days lately. Nobody is posting much these last few days, so we must all be busy with our summer activities.
Hope to hear from you! Hugs!
Old 07-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

SoHappy, I hope you're not out scrubbing the gutters and siding today - it is waaaay too hot. Our pool water is 92 degrees today! Needless to say that's where I've spent a nice chunk of my afternoon.

I'm doing well sticking to plan, not so well with the pounds falling off. I still haven't below my halfway point (170, which is 50 lbs. lost, 50 lbs. to go), but I figure I'll be there within the week.

I hope everyone else is doing well, or at least chugging along.

Last edited by Maryo; 07-17-2011 at 01:37 PM..
Old 07-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Congrats on being at the halfway point, Maryo! It's a tremendous accomplishment already, and more is sure to come.

Ditto on hoping you're not out there scrubbing and cleaning in the heat, SoHappy.

I'm in Virginia Beach - it doesn't seem as hot here as I thought it would be. The ocean breeze is lovely. My condo is very nice but unfortunately does not have an ocean view, boo hoo. Oh well it was a last-minute cheapo timeshare exchange, and it's less for the whole week than other folks are paying for one night, so I shouldn't complain. If I had a view I might never leave the condo! The place is right on the beach so it's a matter of going downstairs and outside to the beach. There's a lovely very long boardwalk, so I've been doing some walking, too.

I found a great "international" market today and picked up some of that seaweed yam cake, as well some seaweed shirataki. I've never been able to find it at home, and here it is at the beach. AND, I got a fabulous find - I mentioned a restaurant at home that has a dish they call "Jap Chap" using shirataki noodles. I tried to find a recipe for it and learned that the dish is actually a Korean dish called Japchae. Well, I found Japchae sauce at this market! A serving is 2-2/3 tbs. and has 20 calories. I tried it on my seaweed shirataki and it was delish! Not quite the same as the restaurant's version, but for 20 calories - I am going to buy a dozen bottles before I go home lol.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #70

General Tso's sauce makes a good BBQ sauce too.

I bought meat yesterday. Ten pounds of boneless pork country ribs, two wonderful and large T-bone steaks, and twenty pounds of chicken breasts with bone & skin still intact.

I roasted some of the pork until it was tender, tender, tender, and then slathered it with BBQ sauce for DH and the General's sauce for me and baked it some more, basting with the sauces every 15 minutes for three rounds. OMG. The meat fell apart and was so succulent and delicious. DH had corn-on-the-cob and pumpernickel bread w/butter. I just ate my pork with sauce. Delicious. I'm sitting here, heaving a great big contented sigh.

This was a Medium Day, and a very nice one. My weight is maintaining easily, but I haven't been devoting enough to doing Down Days, so no weight loss here. It's almost too hot to make me care about anything, even DDs.....

Hope you all are doing well and having success at weight loss or at maintaining, depending on what *mode* you are working in at the moment.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:41 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Up untill lately I have been strugling with binge eating. Low carb helped but I still ate
all day long. Well I found that for me if I didn't eat when watching tv, on the computer
or reading I didn't eate near as much. Well it's been 44 days sence I read a book while
eating. So now to give this a try. Yesterday was my first down day and it went well
I almost hate to eat more today but I quess I could force myself to....

I may give this a try for a while but may go to the fast 5 type plan later. I seem to recall
that I did the one meal a day thing about 40 years ago and it worked well for me. I also
know 3 people who use a one meal a day eating plan. they lost ~50 lbs, 100lbs and 150lbs and have maintained there weight loss for 20 years or more.

By the way the Eades article mentioned health benifits from this including inprovement
in arthritis has anyone here experienced this?
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #72

Hi, E.W.!!! Sorry nobody has been here to welcome you, but I think we've all been away for the last few days. Vacations and activities elsewhere, etc. But I'm glad you're here, and I believe you'll find JUDDD not only easy to do but an effective way to control both your carbs and your calories.

We're still in the grips of the extreme weather, but today is somewhat under cloud cover, so not quite as searing on your skin. We're heading to a County Fair today with a friend. He has to spend about 6 hours there, photographing all of it for some web article or promo or something, so we're riding along. I'm hoping to see some barns full of animals and some buildings filled with jars of pickles and rows of pies and walls of hanging handmade quilts, etc. Maybe I have a very romanticized idea/memory of fairs, at least on the county level. Now, the Iowa State Fair is the real deal! But I expect we'll have a lot of fun today. And I made sure I arranged my schedule to make this an UP Day, because I intend to sample all the fair food they offer! This morning I just ate lean chicken breast protein and iced tea. Now I have a lot of calories left to indulge myself. LOL
Old 07-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

welcome, E.W.!

SoHappy, have fun at the fair. Don't melt in this heat!

It's a down day for me. My DD routine lately has been protein shake for breakfast, 1/2 cup non-fat Fage yogurt and an oat fiber muffin for lunch, and lean protein and veggie for dinner. Not exciting, but gets the job done.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
welcome, E.W.!

SoHappy, have fun at the fair. Don't melt in this heat!

It's a down day for me. My DD routine lately has been protein shake for breakfast, 1/2 cup non-fat Fage yogurt and an oat fiber muffin for lunch, and lean protein and veggie for dinner. Not exciting, but gets the job done.
Mary, I read an internet article that said folks who eat the same thing every day when they diet, lose the most weight. I guess the Ho-Hum sameness of their meals encourages them to eat less. Maybe I need to just pick a DD menu and stick with it. I'm always trying to come up with something new and different and not boring to eat. Maybe I need to do just the opposite of this and do it more like you have settled into. It makes it a lot easier, I'll bet, and maybe even less time to prepare it.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
:::waving hello to JUDDD buddies:::

SH, maybe that's why I'm having pretty good success sticking to this new plan--I have exactly two meals that I make, and I just alternate them! hahahaha!

Hope everyone here is doing well. I'm looking forward to coming back--alternating up and down days looks pretty attractive after eating 500 calories EVERY day!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:07 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was my first official up day. Now for another down day. As I
shared earlier my eating has been out of controle for a long time. So I realize
my results after 2 days arn't tipical and reflect mostly some water weight
but this morning I weighed 299.4lbs . This is the first time I have been below
300lbs in quite a while. It's funny it feals better to be able to say I am in the
high 200's instead of a little over 300.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:31 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Yesterday was my first official up day. Now for another down day. As I
shared earlier my eating has been out of controle for a long time. So I realize
my results after 2 days arn't tipical and reflect mostly some water weight
but this morning I weighed 299.4lbs . This is the first time I have been below
300lbs in quite a while. It's funny it feals better to be able to say I am in the
high 200's instead of a little over 300.
I'm so happy for you!

You will certainly be losing a whole lot more too. Once you figure our what your UP Day calories should be, it's easy to figure out where you want to hold your Down Day calories, and when you add the two of them together, it's not enough to prevent weight loss, but you've only had to restrict your eating very much on the DD. The only thing we have to be aware of is..... to not overeat on our UDs. That is about the only thing that can undo the progress of our DDs. LOL

I'm bumping up a thread that had some good recipes, etc. in it, and I think there were two others as well. And when you come up with any great - and really low calorie - recipes for DDs, we'd love for you to post them here so we can include them in our diets too.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the support. One thing I haven't heard anyone comment on is if this
plan has helped other health conditions they may have . In the Eades article it said
it may help rheumatoid arthritis along with a lot of other health conditions. I sure am
hopeing it helps my arthritis ....
Old 07-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations on that milestone, E.W.! I can't comment on whether JUDDD helps with other conditions because I am fortunate enough to not have any health conditions other than being overweight. It definitely helps with the weight, though, and it isn't all that difficult to stick with.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Thanks for the support. One thing I haven't heard anyone comment on is if this
plan has helped other health conditions they may have . In the Eades article it said
it may help rheumatoid arthritis along with a lot of other health conditions. I sure am
hopeing it helps my arthritis ....
Well, JUDDD has absolutely been shown to be a great help in reducing or ending the symptoms of asthma! Which I think is remarkable and wonderful. Although I have no idea what the cause of that help would be, and I think the doctors/researchers don't understand the *why* behind that either.

This calorie cycling diet is based on the Extended Length of Life studies done on various species of animals, which found in all cases that calorie restriction lengthened lifespans by about 30%. Amazing! It is felt that there is no reason at all not to expect calorie restriction to work the same miracle for humans. And there are people who are eating restricted calories daily, every single day, fully expecting to extend their own lives from that simple measure alone. However, most of us aren't willing to eat like that everyday, even if it were proven to give us more years of life. We'd rather live fewer years, but get to eat some of the yummy stuff along the way!

Many of us have experienced JUDDD having a strong effect on *normalizing* our appetites. We are able to experience normal appetite for our meals, and yet be able to feel hungry leading up to mealtimes without feeling compelled to eat now. We find we're more able to wait until mealtimes *like real people*, as my granddaughter is fond of saying. LOL So it's helped take us to that old fashioned concept of eating three squares a day (or two) and not falling into the mindset that we have to tide ourselves over with snacks all the time, day after day. We're finding it so much easier to view eating with portion control in mind, like folks did back in the era of the mid-1900s, when most everyone stayed pretty slim... before a lot of convenience food crap hit the grocery shelves.

Many of us have also experienced an increase in the rate our metabolisms burn fuel now. I have. I can only believe that it is this way of eating that is the cause of this wonderful bonus, as it is the only way I have changed my eating or regulating my body. Nothing else was changed. Not everyone reports this benefit, but since it seems to be a fact for some, it is something to be on the look out for, and hopefully you will be one who notices that after awhile (maybe not immediately, but after awhile...) your metabolism will be functioning noticeably better.

As to JUDDD's power to influence other areas of our health: That I can't tell you for certain. I've heard that it is of benefit. To my thinking, it makes sense that if somebody eats such a small amount of food as 500 calories in a day, that will take the digestive system far less time to process than the quantity we normally stuff ourselves with, so that allows our bodies time to turn to the repair and care of other things. ??? Just a theory.

And obviously, this way of eating isn't magic. You should be including a wide range of healthful foods in your diet on this WOE, just as you strive to do on any other diet. It's just that more of those foods will be eaten on our UDs than on our DDs. For myself, I enjoy all meats, eggs & all dairy, all vegetables and fruits, and also all legumes and grains and nuts. I concentrate the bulk of my foods from the low carb columns, but I also occasionally include the higher carb foods, and sometimes even treats on Up Days that would be considered NO-NOs for many. JUDDD doesn't advocate any particular foods as such, and doesn't have a list of *forbidden* foods either. That is up to you and your intelligence and knowledge as to what foods you do well on and what foods need to be few and far between in your diet. So while I'm mostly low carb vegetables, I do sometimes enjoy a Snickers bar.

And some of this - for me - depends on whether I'm doing a round of weight loss, or whether I'm doing a period of maintenance. I didn't choose to just loose it all in one long diet, but to loose in chunks of weight, and then do a period of maintenance for awhile before starting another round of weight loss. It seemed/and still seems to work the best for me as to getting used to what I can eat and how far *UP* I can go without going overboard.

Sorry I don't know more about whether JUDDD will cure all our ills. It's good for us. But beyond that, I can't advise. Hope you love it and are very successful!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
OK, I am trying JUDDD again. I tried once before and felt out of control on up days so I went back to Atkins. I have been on Atkins for three years and it is great in many ways, but I have slowly gained 13 lbs back and sticking to Atkins is not getting them off. I finally admitted to myself what I am doing has not been giving me the results I want and that coupled with the restrictions is getting old. I think also that my body needs a change.

Yesterday was a down day and my dd calories should be 360. I stayed right at that using Atkins shakes. This morning I was so weak I could hardly get out of bed. I couldn't even make coffee or breakfast . My dd and dd made me something to eat. After eating some, I feel better but still weak. It's hard to enjoy my up day when I feel so bad. It is just like that day three induction feeling with Atkins.

I am going to stick it out for a week or so and see if I feel better after my next down day. Did anyone experience this and did it get better? Please say it gets better.

I only want to lose about ten pounds or so and it's okay if it's a slow loss if I can have more variety in my diet.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #82

Welcome to JUDDD again, Lady!

Wow! I'd be weak in the knees and lacking energy too if I only ate 360 calories on a Down Day! It's a rare DD day that I dip below 500 calories, and it's pretty often that I'm somewhere a bit over that. Every extra 50 or 100 calories really matters when it comes to my satisfied stomach and my resultant energy level, so 360 calories would have me dumping this program in a flash! LOL I don't see how you can do it.

This is just for myself, but I find I can lose weight just fine with this calorie cycling program even when my DD calories are in the 500 to 600 range... and while those low calorie days are very important, keeping my UP Day calories at my level for maintenance is actually every bit as important. It doesn't make sense for me to cut my DD calories so low as to make me suffer, while I eat way above my level on Up Days and that ruins it all anyway.

I know, since you've done JUDDD before, that you may be quite happy on such a low, low calorie limit on your DDs, but do you think maybe adding in another one or two hundred calories would give you more vitality on your following Up Day?

Guess we all have to find our own way of doing this, but I'm not a purist, so don't sweat having a bit higher DDs. Awfully glad you've joined us here!!! I look forward to reading your posts and cheering you on as you lose the extra pounds you're wanting to get rid of. And I also look forward to reading any new recipes you care to post!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Hi, SoHappy,

Thanks for the response. The 360 calories is the amount I got from using the calculations on the website. The site is down now, but I do own the book. It's probably so low because I am not needing to lose very much. I am definitely not happy at 360 cals. I think I will up them tomorrow to around 450 to 500. Dr. Johnson did say that there is some margin/wiggle room.

I feel guilty about leaving Atkins. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyathome View Post
Hi, SoHappy,

Thanks for the response. The 360 calories is the amount I got from using the calculations on the website. The site is down now, but I do own the book. It's probably so low because I am not needing to lose very much. I am definitely not happy at 360 cals. I think I will up them tomorrow to around 450 to 500. Dr. Johnson did say that there is some margin/wiggle room.

I feel guilty about leaving Atkins. I will keep everyone posted.
Perhaps you can still do an Atkins-ish program while doing JUDDD, since JUDDD doesn't care what foods you eat and has no recommendations one way or another.

Maybe you could figure your calories on both your DDs and your UDs, and then just make your meals from the Atkins approved foods list, with more of your proteins and fats being on UDs and more of your vegetables, etc. on the DDs.

I know many/most who are doing JUDDD seem to still do it in a low carb manner. Would something like that work for you also?
Old 07-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Perhaps you can still do an Atkins-ish program while doing JUDDD, since JUDDD doesn't care what foods you eat and has no recommendations one way or another.

Maybe you could figure your calories on both your DDs and your UDs, and then just make your meals from the Atkins approved foods list, with more of your proteins and fats being on UDs and more of your vegetables, etc. on the DDs.

I know many/most who are doing JUDDD seem to still do it in a low carb manner. Would something like that work for you also?
Maybe. I have thought about that. I feel not so much guilty as scared. Three years on an eating plan is a long time. Last time I tried JUDDD I overdid the starches on updays and got sick. I think I have learned my lesson there and can be more moderate.

I feel a lot better this evening and hopefully my dd tomorrow will go well and I won't feel so bad again the next morning.

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #86

Quote:
Maybe. I have thought about that. I feel not so much guilty as scared. Three years on an eating plan is a long time. Last time I tried JUDDD I overdid the starches on updays and got sick. I think I have learned my lesson there and can be more moderate.

I feel a lot better this evening and hopefully my dd tomorrow will go well and I won't feel so bad again the next morning.

Thanks.

I'll do a DD with you tomorrow. I have to go work on a new construction house, even though it's Sunday because all of a sudden I have almost more than I care to handle, but must, and my sisters FIL is dying, refusing all food and fluids now, so they tell us to expect his passing and funeral in another part of the state shortly, and we have an 8-hour, 4-day visit with out of state family in another week. This house will take about three days to prepare, and then another one immediately that will take another two days. I'm going to be rushing and exhausted. LOL I'm tired just thinking about it, and really just want to veg out in front of my computer and surf here. But I'll pack food to take with me, and maybe aim my day at about 600 calories. Low enough to be a good low day, but enough to fuel my heavy and hard work.

Let's both make it a good productive day that produces a wee bit of weight loss too! I'm with you.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #87

Almost ready to head out to work for a few hours on the new house. I have my food all packed, and a 64-ounce jar of iced tea.

Haven't eaten anything yet this morning, and packed the following: two salads made with that commercial mix that has mostly iceberg lettuce (not my favorite) with shreds or carrots and red cabbage, with lots of chopped tomatoes and cucumber, and tuna, plus my really low cal Italian dressing on them. I have some egg salad of just egg whites with onion and s/f pickle relish, and my own dressing mix that is low calorie but tasty, a blend of other stuff - and I packed a little fruit yogurt and an apple, pared & cored and cut into wedges.

****** says this comes to 462 calories, but most importantly.. I have all of my grams of protein in for the day since I'm going to be spending several hours working hard. This should fuel me well enough while still making my body dip into fat reserves today too. That is the plan!

Hope you all are having a good Sunday.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Hi SoHappy and everyone!

How did everyone's weekend go ? I have some good news here. Yesterday was my second down day and it was much easier. I upped my calories some and had around 460. I didn't really feel hungry either. I used a ketostick to check and it showed I was in ketosis.

Today I did not feel weak at all and my appetite is not that big. It is an up day, but I feel no desire to eat a lot or eat junk food.

I am in the habit of weighing daily, but am trying to cut back. I will finish week one of JUDDD on Friday and will post how I did and if I lost weight and how much.

Thanks for the support.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Would an occasional 2 up days in a row hurt verry much? Like I have dinner with some
friends friday's. We almost always go to a palce with a cheep salid bar but last friday
they voted to go to a $12 buffey. I just couldn't see spending $12 and only eating 400
calories so I chose not to go.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #90

Quote:
Hi SoHappy and everyone!

How did everyone's weekend go ? I have some good news here. Yesterday was my second down day and it was much easier. I upped my calories some and had around 460. I didn't really feel hungry either. I used a ketostick to check and it showed I was in ketosis.

Today I did not feel weak at all and my appetite is not that big. It is an up day, but I feel no desire to eat a lot or eat junk food.

I am in the habit of weighing daily, but am trying to cut back. I will finish week one of JUDDD on Friday and will post how I did and if I lost weight and how much.

Thanks for the support.
Yay, Lady!!!

Glad to hear you upped your calories a bit. I'd quit JUDDD if I thought I had to eat that low on DDs. Like I said before, I finally zeroed in on DD levels from about 500 to 700, and that works just fine.

I think we focus so intently on the Down Days, like that really, really low number of calories is going to do the whole thing for us, that we forget to be just as focused on our Up Days, and those can make or break this diet for us. The UDs are *free* as far as allowing us to eat anything in the world we want to eat, and we don't have to pay quite as close attention to every little scrap and drop we are putting into our mouths, but if those UDs aren't kept within reason, they'll wipe out the DDs faster than wildfire! LOLOLOL Ask me how I know that. :blush:

But so very glad that your appetite was more easily controlled and you felt you had more strength and energy to enjoy your day. DDs aren't supposed to put us in our sick beds.

I'm one who weighs every single morning, but more to record that scale weight in my ****** log than anything else. It's fun if the reading is down from the previous morning, but I don't worry about the little fluctuations, which I know are normal. I only worry if the numbers go up a bit.... and keep going up a bit most every morning! That's my sign to get myself jerked back under control. I just feel like if I weigh each morning, I'll be more apt to notice immediately if the weight is going in the direction I don't want to go in. I'm always afraid if I let it go for a whole week, I'll find several pounds have crept back without me even being aware of the problem and doing something about it before it built up as much, 'cause I'm one who can gain weight fast if I let myself go. (Rats!)

Glad you're doing well, and I'll be looking forward to reading your next post.

Miss everyone. When you guys are on vacations and not playing at LCF and posting on our JUDDD thread.... it's boring! Hope to hear from you soon. I need entertainment!