Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BittersweetRI View Post
Does ****** have the low carb foods in it's database? I have a Nutritiondata.com account but it doesn't have a lot of things I use and it's not easy to put in special foods. I also use a Bodymedia Fit that I can log foods in but it also is lacking the nutrition info for a lot of things.
Oh... sigh... I wish! I'm very used to using ****** now, so I'm not inclined to change at all, ever, but, alas.

There are certain foods that I know I will eat often enough that it is worth creating a listing specifically for that food. So I entered the nutritional values for the brand of low-cal bread I buy, and from then on, I can just call that up and enter it in my daily totals.

The same for the Aldi's reduced sugar Black Current jam I love. When I have toast for breakfast on some of my Up Days, I like this jam. So I've created a listing for it, and it's easy to enter now.

The same for my favorite foods of all kinds.

I don't know whether ****** would be any easier for you, once you've learned to use it, or not. Tons of folks do use it, I know that. But lots say they like something else better, so I can't advise you at all.

I started using it so long ago that I'm pretty used to it now, and it already contains all my preferred foods.

As far as I know, it doesn't have listings for low carb *specialty* foods at all, such as Atkins shakes, special low carb baking mixes, etc. But I don't use any of those specialty products anyway, so it hasn't been a problem for me. I pretty much just eat regular foods from the market. LOL

Sorry this was absolutely no help whatsoever!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #242

Posting my UP Day lunch.. accounting and chronicle

Menu: chilled chicken salad with white grapes, walnuts and celery, w/*salad dressing* and mayo, two thin slices of artisan peasant rye bread, and iced tea to drink

****** says 519 calories. Total calories so far today is 1,135.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5361.jpg (39.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #243
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BittersweetRI
Well it was a help...just not the answer I had in mind =)))

I have found a bunch of specialty ingredients I like. Many of them I have already entered in both Nutritiondata and Bodymedia Fit so I guess those will be the ones I use.

Jam sounds yummy...I'm watching the blackberries growing out back and pouncing as soon as they are ripe. There's a recipe for glucomannan thickened jam somewhere about on this board I will try.

The soup was great...less than 200 calories for 3 cups worth so call my shake and soup 250 together. That leaves me able to have a 6-8 ounce hunk'o chicken.
BittersweetRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by BittersweetRI View Post
Well it was a help...just not the answer I had in mind =)))

I have found a bunch of specialty ingredients I like. Many of them I have already entered in both Nutritiondata and Bodymedia Fit so I guess those will be the ones I use.

Jam sounds yummy...I'm watching the blackberries growing out back and pouncing as soon as they are ripe. There's a recipe for glucomannan thickened jam somewhere about on this board I will try.

The soup was great...less than 200 calories for 3 cups worth so call my shake and soup 250 together. That leaves me able to have a 6-8 ounce hunk'o chicken.
LOL! Yeah, once you already have stuff entered in the system that you are using, it's about the easiest to just stay there. I wonder if they don't all have their problems.

What products do you use? And what recipes do you use them for? Food and recipe LOVER here, if you couldn't already tell. Doesn't have to be fancy food. Just good old fashioned *good eatin* as grandma would say.

Happy your soup was delicious! I'm so-o-o-o looking forward to using your idea of the shrimp-mushrooms-green onions combination in something this week!!! Yay! Food! Sounds like you have this DD very much under control. I remember one of my first ones, I had eaten everything too early and I was so hungry. I had to just go to bed before dark just to go to sleep so I wouldn't eat anything more. I felt like a little kid sent to bed without supper when it wasn't even dark yet.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #245
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hello! I hope I can jump in on this thread! My name is Jessica and I'm a longtime member of LCF. I was an active JUDDDer last summer, but ultimately had to give up and go back to regular Atkins when I began having bad problems with overdoing it on my Up Days. (I feel certain, looking back, that it was because I began using wheat products and sweet things on my Up Days, and those things reawakened my sleeping appetite monster!) So not going to go the wheat or sugar route this time, no matter WHAT kind of day it is.

Now I feel like it's the time for me to do it again for a while. I'm not getting any results from low carbing, and I know my body responds well to varying my my carb and calorie levels.

I want to comment that I'm so delighted to see a thread where I can talk about what sort of food I eat! Getting ideas about what works well for Down Days is important to me!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hello! I hope I can jump in on this thread! My name is Jessica and I'm a longtime member of LCF. I was an active JUDDDer last summer, but ultimately had to give up and go back to regular Atkins when I began having bad problems with overdoing it on my Up Days. (I feel certain, looking back, that it was because I began using wheat products and sweet things on my Up Days, and those things reawakened my sleeping appetite monster!) So not going to go the wheat or sugar route this time, no matter WHAT kind of day it is.

Now I feel like it's the time for me to do it again for a while. I'm not getting any results from low carbing, and I know my body responds well to varying my my carb and calorie levels.

I want to comment that I'm so delighted to see a thread where I can talk about what sort of food I eat! Getting ideas about what works well for Down Days is important to me!
Welcome, Jessica! Glad to see you here, and I feel like I know you a bit already from your posts over on the Main Lobby and elsewhere! :-)

I think there are folks who just plainly can't eat the wheat/sweet foods. Better to find out, I guess, so you know to avoid them like the plague, or at least allow them in only for special occasions, or however it needs to be to keep control of your diet.

I eat almost everything, but do really have to practice some pretty tight portion control when I include grains, and especially sweets/desserts!!! I know JUDDD supposedly doesn't limit your Up Day calories and just says to eat without stuffing yourself, but if I don't count calories on my UDs too, I can easily pig out on the high carb stuff. And quite happily too! :blush: So for me, counting the Up Day calories was actually more important to doing well on JUDDD than holding to the Down Day calories. I found that if I couldn't hold to a strict 500 or fewer calories every DD, then it would work almost as well if I added in an additional 100 or 200 calories on that DD, but if I blew an UD.. it was usually by absolutely hundreds of calories of desserts or buttered bread or... you get my unhappy picture!

I'm another one who has to focus on the food and what I'm eating and how much its calorie measurement is in order be continue successfully on this plan and also enjoy it. Maybe I'm crazy, but focusing on the food seems to actually go a little way toward satisfying my appetite. Like visualizing the food and imagining eating the food actually seems to make my brain believe it ate a little of it! LOL

Plus, I just like to keep a record of what I eat so that I can refer back to it. And I like getting wonderful ideas and recipes from others, and seeing photos of what they fixed, etc.

I'm so glad you're here! Are you starting right in, or do you have a specific goal date when you are going to *enjoy* your first Down Day?
Old 06-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #247

Just a chronicle of my UP Day supper.

Menu: smoked sausage, steamed broccoli, carrots w/dill weed, sauteed green beans w/onion & red pepper, browned in a bit of olive oil, and iced tea to drink

****** says 375 calories. Calories for the day are 1,510 so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5362.jpg (46.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/148.8/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Just a chronicle of my UP Day supper.

Menu: smoked sausage, steamed broccoli, carrots w/dill weed, sauteed green beans w/onion & red pepper, browned in a bit of olive oil, and iced tea to drink

****** says 375 calories. Calories for the day are 1,510 so far.

You're meals looked so good today ...i would of eaten that with no problem...loved the look of that chilled chicken salad....what in the special *salad dressing*....it looked so good and how many calories...

Thanks for the lists it sure helped....and as for the noodles ...no we don't have any Asian or Oriental stores ...there only 1 place i can think of which i will go check on tomorrow...if not i'm out of luck... ..let you know...

Thanks SoHappy....you've been a great help!!!!
mommy_gates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
You're meals looked so good today ...i would of eaten that with no problem...loved the look of that chilled chicken salad....what in the special *salad dressing*....it looked so good and how many calories...

Thanks for the lists it sure helped....and as for the noodles ...no we don't have any Asian or Oriental stores ...there only 1 place i can think of which i will go check on tomorrow...if not i'm out of luck... ..let you know...

Thanks SoHappy....you've been a great help!!!!
Good Evening, Gaets!

Rats! Don't hesitate to talk to the managers of your local grocery stores and health food stores. Tell them you want this stuff, and you want them to order it in and keep it stocked! This stuff comes in a plastic bag, in 'water' inside the bag, and is kept in the refrigerated section of a store, but doesn't go bad for months and months, so a store wouldn't have to worry that it will go bad before they can sell all of it. Or, you could just tell them that you'll buy the whole carton once it arrives! It won't go bad at your house either.

Oh, and the 'salad dressing' is just called Whipped Salad Dressing and is an Aldi Foods product. It's their low cal version of Kraft Miracle Whip Salad Dressing. A bit of a sweet & tangy flavor. I like a bit of it combined with my low cal mayonnaise for the flavor I prefer on my chicken salad IF I am putting the white grapes in with it. LOL Well.... like my mom made it. I use the low cal versions of mayo and this salad dressing - but mostly mayo - during my periods that I am in weight loss mode. But I don't worry about the higher calories in the *real* full fat article during the times when I am in maintenance mode.

And as to the list of vegetables and fruits... those listed were the ones I have on hand right now in my home. No fruits or veggies are off limits to me though. I just go easier on the higher carb ones and don't get to enjoy them as often. Despite the fact that I eat anything and everything, the bulk of my meals is still low to moderate carb foods. The higher carb choices are almost always in very small portions.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #250

A tiny bit of ice cream ends this Up Day.

This was less than 1/4 cup total - two tiny little scoops - of Cold Stone Creamery ice cream, one chocolate and the other coffee, and each with the Heath Bar pieces mixed in. Very delicious. I pulled the ****** listing for *ice cream, rich* for the entry.

****** says 92 calories for the tiny bits of rich ice cream. Total calories for this UD came to 1,602. I feel good about the foods I ate and the calories and nutrient composition of my choices today.

Tomorrow will be a Down Day. I'm cooking a rack of BBQ baby back ribs for DH, so it will be something that I will have to forego until I get a share of it on Monday for my next UD. And he'll be happy to have more then too.

OH! Forgot to post my little picture. LOL
Old 06-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #251

Picture of my two little dabs of ice cream!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5364.jpg (29.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-18-2011, 08:04 PM   #252

Donna, I'm going to make your cauliflower soup tomorrow for my DD. Looking forward to it!

And did you ever use your Victorio Grain Mill thing-y to grind anything yet?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Welcome, Jessica! Glad to see you here, and I feel like I know you a bit already from your posts over on the Main Lobby and elsewhere! :-)

I think there are folks who just plainly can't eat the wheat/sweet foods. Better to find out, I guess, so you know to avoid them like the plague, or at least allow them in only for special occasions, or however it needs to be to keep control of your diet.

I eat almost everything, but do really have to practice some pretty tight portion control when I include grains, and especially sweets/desserts!!! I know JUDDD supposedly doesn't limit your Up Day calories and just says to eat without stuffing yourself, but if I don't count calories on my UDs too, I can easily pig out on the high carb stuff. And quite happily too! :blush: So for me, counting the Up Day calories was actually more important to doing well on JUDDD than holding to the Down Day calories. I found that if I couldn't hold to a strict 500 or fewer calories every DD, then it would work almost as well if I added in an additional 100 or 200 calories on that DD, but if I blew an UD.. it was usually by absolutely hundreds of calories of desserts or buttered bread or... you get my unhappy picture!

I'm another one who has to focus on the food and what I'm eating and how much its calorie measurement is in order be continue successfully on this plan and also enjoy it. Maybe I'm crazy, but focusing on the food seems to actually go a little way toward satisfying my appetite. Like visualizing the food and imagining eating the food actually seems to make my brain believe it ate a little of it! LOL

Plus, I just like to keep a record of what I eat so that I can refer back to it. And I like getting wonderful ideas and recipes from others, and seeing photos of what they fixed, etc.

I'm so glad you're here! Are you starting right in, or do you have a specific goal date when you are going to *enjoy* your first Down Day?
Thanks for the nice welcome, or in my case, welcome *back.*

I started with a DD today, and went right back to the same things I was eating on my DDs last year. Interestingly, DDs were never a problem for me, just the Up Days. I guess some of us just can't handle a little freedom--haha!

Today I had an Atkins breakfast bar, a tuna packet with SF dill relish and celery for lunch, a nectarine, 2 ff hebrew national dogs with a reduced fat cheese stick for dinner, and a packet of 100 calorie smartpop for a snack. Came in somewhere around 510 or 520 calories, which is close enough, in my book!

I'm feeling just fine, not particularly hungry, and ready to have a carefully CONTROLLED UD tomorrow!

Glad to be here with all of you!

Edited to add: Love your meal photos! Fun!

Last edited by verbqueen; 06-18-2011 at 09:48 PM..
Old 06-19-2011, 05:08 AM   #254

Good Morning to all those following JUDDD. Here's to a great day for us all, whether we're holding our calories to our chosen Down Day low, or whether we're enjoying the fullness of an Up Day without going over our calorie ceilings.

It's another DD for me, so starting the morning off with a cup of hot Irish Breakfast Tea. Just black, of course.

Gillygum! Where are you? Hope you're doing well and noticing that JUDDD has begun to give you a bit of an increased metabolism.

Some of us are pretty convinced that this way of eating does seem to result in a metabolism that just plainly starts working better than it did before! And I'm one of them. I've only been doing this 'extreme' version of calorie cycling (which seems to translate into some sharp carb cycling too) for a little over half a year, but my system is working noticeably more like it did when I was a younger and slimmer woman. Yay for that!!!!!

Jessica, sounds like your DD went smoothly, and you are pretty much back in the groove in doing your Down Days. Now, like you said... all you have to do is hold the line on the calorie consumption on your UDs. Well, most of them. Do you weigh and measure and count calories on your UDs? Lots don't, but I have to. Otherwise, even when I am reasonable with portions and don't go back for seconds, etc..... I can go overboard so fast it makes my head spin. (Of course, occasionally I say, "To Heck with that!" So I count most days, and here at home, and then relax at parties, vacation, etc.

Well, haven't weighed yet but will in a minute. Just getting my eyes open and putting away the dishes in the dishwasher from yesterday. See you all later.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #255

A bit more weight loss, even after yesterday's Up Day. I'm always slightly surprised to see a lower number on the scale the morning after an UD.. I guess expecting that there will still be a lot of food still in the tract. But, YAY, anyway. I'm now close to the lowest point I set out for my maintenance range. Still hoping to get all the way down to that very lowest point and then a pound or two down even further.

I have all the ingredients out to make a big pot of PenguinPower's cauliflower soup recipe. Donna posted this a few days ago, and it's taken me all this time to have both the ingredients and the time. Today's the day. It sounds so delicious and filling.

For you who want to try it, the recipe is given in this June thread in post # 21 clear back on page 1.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #256
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning! I'm happy to check in with a one and a half pound loss after my first Down Day--especially good news because I had to weigh in 2 hours earlier than I normally get up, which usually costs me a pound or two!

My intent for today, my first Up Day, is to keep to my usual low carb day. Seems like when I'm just low carbing on autopilot, I tend to run to around 1500 or 1600 calories, so that's probably what I'll end up with, though I won't try to limit calories.

I've got to hustle on to church this morning--it's Trinity Sunday!--so must scoot. I'm wishing you all a great Father's Day, and again, am so happy to be back in the JUDDD "fold."
Old 06-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
..........I'm happy to check in with a one and a half pound loss after my first Down Day..........
Way to go, Jessica!!! That's a really nice reward for doing your first DD.

I have been chopping and measuring for the last half hour, but finally have the cauliflower soup on simmering until everything is tender and soft, then will blend some of it and add it back in to thicken the base. Smells really, really good. We need a *licking my lips in anticipation of something delicious* smilie!

Have been sipping on my hot tea so far this morning and will have my first 'meal' shortly.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #258

Documenting my DD.. first meal

Menu: curry egg w/2 egg whites (oil spray for cooking), 1/2 cup cheerios cereal w/1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, no sweetener, hot tea to drink

****** says 106 calories.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5365.jpg (40.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Products I like:

Carbquik...very versatile high protein/fiber low carb/lower fat...can tweak any Bisquick recipe with it and there are tons of recipes for it here. I'm thinking of venturing into Impossible Pie territory with it =)

I make pancakes and biscuits with it now...much more filling I think than the carby versions and they don't make me retain fluids.

Land O Lakes light butter half the fat and calories all the flavor...I sub it straight and have not had problems with any recipe I put it in.

Walden Farms products...tried many...the Chocolate Dip makes great hot fudge sauce on low carb/fat ice cream...the maple syrup is to die for...blue cheese dip I use for fresh snacky veggies and I make a faux chicken wings kind of thing with simmered chicken breast...shred the breasts toss in some Franks hot sauce nuke to warm then spread a bit of the blue cheese dip on top. I really enjoy their coleslaw dressing...just toss a bottle in with a preshredded pound bag of coleslaw veggies. The jellies are tasty but they need to mushed up a bit before you can spread them. I don't use the dressings on salads because I like plain vinegar and lots of it. I do use them sometimes to flavor a meat i will be mixing with shirataki to make a nice sauce to coat the noodles.

I have been using lots of Oat Fiber, Polydextrose, Glucomannan Erythritol, Sucralose, egg white powder, almond milk, Mimiccreme, Sweet One, coconut flour, peanut flour, chia seeds, many flavoring drops and syrups.

I use fat free dairy usually....cottage cheese, ricotta, sour cream, American cheese slices, Reddi Wip fat free, nonfat regular and greek yogurt.

For hard cheeses I use Cabots 75% reduced fat cheddar and my stores brand of 50% reduced fat string cheese snacks. Both are made with 1% milk. They act like I expect cheese to act in recipes. Other kinds of reduced cheeses don't seem melty at all and taste horrid to me.

Hellman's Low Fat mayo is the least calorific version that tastes like real mayo...only 15 calories per T.

I extend ground meats with TVP cause I'm one of those weirdos who really like TPV =) sometimes I toss a bit in certain soups casseroles and such to sop up excess fluid and add more body and protein.

I sprout seeds at home for salads and stirfries most of these you can't even get nutrition info on to be able to put them in whatever tracking program you're using. I don't worry bout it though I just put in the info for the unsprouted and in my mind stay aware that sprouting boosts vitamins chloraphyl converts starches to sugars then the sugars are burned by the sprout in it's own metabolic processes. So the rule of thumb is they are going to be less overall calories higher in some vitamins but no studies have been done on each individual type of sprouts to know the exact nutrients. I think those can only be found for alfalfa and mung.

If you are interested in the recipes I use with these I can try to post them but I have no camera so I can't show you yet how they look. I'm going to buy a camera sometime soon I hope.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Hey there, JUDDDers! Welcome to the newbies (and returning oldbees).

SoHappy, I sure do hope you like that soup as much as we do. I picked up some cauliflower at the flea market this a.m. and might make up a pot, too.

I've had a NOT GOOD several days - helping with a big 80th birthday party, and even though I did very well on two of the three days, I was still up in weight - and then yesterday at the party I lost all control and had about five days' worth of calories in one. My scale almost fainted from shock this a.m. but I beat it to it! I'm sure quite a bit of it is just retained water but I'm also unfortunately sure that I messed up bad enough to put on a couple of real pounds. Argh, why do I do that kind of stuff? The things I pigged out on weren't even that good. This was the biggest "bounce" I've had on JUDDD. Guess I was getting a little cocky.

DD today, and I really need it. So far (mid afternoon!) I'm still not even hungry, I ate so much yesterday.

I'm still holding out hope that since I am back on track, I can still make my goal for this month.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #261

Bittersweet, thanks so much for your wonderful and extensive list of substitute foods!

I just came from the store and read this posting after I got home... else I'd have looked for the Land o' Lakes light butter. Also I'll look for the Reddi Whip fat free. I have the glucomannan and almond milks on hand all the time now.

I have no food sensitivities and no diabetes/elevated blood sugar issues, so am probably not as careful and/or worried about including a lot of things in my diet in limited quantities, so mostly I just eat the standard foods mama cooked with back in the 1940s & 1950s when I was a kid. But some of these will certainly be a big help to me in holding calories down on Down Days.

I eat at a mid-range of carbs, rather than keeping quite low in that area, and mostly just count calories.

I do have a few of the Walden products. The only thing I hated was their chocolate syrup. Very, very strong and funky off 'not chocolate' flavor to it. The peanut butter doesn't have much flavor at all, but if I mix a tablespoon of real peanut butter into two tbsp. of the Walden Farms stuff, it tastes about like the real stuff. I have the maple syrup but haven't tried it. The French dressing was *ok*.

Thanks again, for this great list! It's going to be a big help.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Hey there, JUDDDers! Welcome to the newbies (and returning oldbees).

SoHappy, I sure do hope you like that soup as much as we do. I picked up some cauliflower at the flea market this a.m. and might make up a pot, too.

I've had a NOT GOOD several days - helping with a big 80th birthday party, and even though I did very well on two of the three days, I was still up in weight - and then yesterday at the party I lost all control and had about five days' worth of calories in one. My scale almost fainted from shock this a.m. but I beat it to it! I'm sure quite a bit of it is just retained water but I'm also unfortunately sure that I messed up bad enough to put on a couple of real pounds. Argh, why do I do that kind of stuff? The things I pigged out on weren't even that good. This was the biggest "bounce" I've had on JUDDD. Guess I was getting a little cocky.

DD today, and I really need it. So far (mid afternoon!) I'm still not even hungry, I ate so much yesterday.

I'm still holding out hope that since I am back on track, I can still make my goal for this month.
Hi, Donna! I've already had two 1-cup servings of the cauliflower soup! Yes, I like it a lot. I did go ahead and add in the nutmeg, and that gives it a Middle Eastern flavor, which is fun. Next time I'll add in a bunch more curry and skip the nutmeg and make it a curried cauli soup.

The size of the head of cauliflower I used, plus the amount of celery/size of 'medium' onion, etc. ended up giving me a batch that measured out into 9 little 1-cup saver tubs. I have the remaining 7 tucked into my freezer for other DDs.

And so you had a few days of eating too much and seeing a little weight gain. Life goes on. LOL To my way of thinking - and I admit I'm a lot more casual in my old age - sometimes there are wonderful occasions in life, and this will happen. My, Gosh! Somebody's 80th birthday party is a pretty special event to celebrate, and around the world for all generations, food was shared and eaten with JOY in celebrations. -- I'm probably a bad influence.

But you know what? I'm in weight loss mode right now, and expect to get a few more pounds off, but am I going to skip next Thanksgiving? Nah. Do I expect to sample the delightful confections that abound during the Christmas season? Yup. I know there will be times during my coming life when I'll gain a few.. and I know just how to melt them back off within just a few days or weeks.

I'm delighted to hear that you had a great time. And now, back to our regularly scheduled JUDDD program.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #263

I wanted some of those sweet and tangy baby back ribs so badly!!! DH hoped I'd make him a rack of ribs for Father's Day. I did. Slow roasted for several hours until very tender, then laid out on a baking sheet and slathered with sweet tangy BBQ sauce and baked. OMG.. even the sweet aroma was delicious to me on this DD. I have a portion set aside for myself for tomorrow.

And for myself.. a stir fry with broccoli florets, red and yellow pepper chunks, lots of mushrooms, seaweed shirataki noodles with General Tso's sauce. Also delicious. And filling.

No food porn today from me. Camera is on loan. LOL Hope to have it back by tomorrow night. Friend is trying to list some things on Ebay. But I'd love it if you guys would take pics of your meals, especially the DD ones. But even UD foods are fun to look at, fun to see what everybody eats and how they fix it.

I have enough calories to enjoy a mug of hot cocoa made with almond milk before bedtime later on. That will put a nice cap on the evening, and on this good DD.

Hope you all did well too.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #264

I finally found the Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa Mix.

Donna, was it you who recommended this stuff? And you like it?

I can't drink it. This has pretty much convinced me that I'm just going to use real sugar whenever I want to sweeten anything. I don't go overboard. But I've never been able to get used to the flavors of most of the alternative sweeteners. Product after product after product has been purchased and then set aside and then finally thrown away because the taste makes me recoil and shudder. I wish I could like these products. The calories are most often less. Certainly the carbs are.

Would the diet Swiss Miss be something that a diabetic person could have? Maybe I can give it away.

It was nice for you to recommend this to us though. I'm probably the only one who can't drink it, and I'll bet it will be something that many others will really appreciate.

Just wondering if it is a safe product for a diabetic to use. ??? I hate to have it tossed out too.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:17 AM   #265

Reporting more weight loss this morning! Yay! I am now in the very low end of my maintenance range... only .8 of a pound from my very lowest that I've ever weighed in years and years. My goal is to get down to that and a couple of pounds even lower than that. Sort of nudge my maintenance range down a couple of pounds. And then I'll see.....

For old women it's a balancing act that younger gals don't have to face for awhile. Get too slim and face a lot more wrinkles in the mirror each morning - or - carry a bit more weight than would be your ideal and have enough fat to plump out the skin so the wrinkles aren't so deep. Which to choose? Which to choose?

Today is an UD for me, and I have to admit that there is nothing better for making me want to do a nice reasonable portion-controlled Up Day like the weight loss I got to see at the morning weigh-in. So going to keep today in the 1,600 calorie range with plenty of protein. Plus all the other veggie and fruit items that I always hunger for. Give myself a good nutritious feeding today in prep for another fabulous DD tomorrow, and see if I can spend the next few days getting that scale figure to nudge below my lowest to reach a new even lower figure! So that is the plan.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:40 AM   #266
Junior LCF Member

Just checking in real quick. My up day yesterday was two gigantic bowls of mostly veggie/turkey chili. My freezer is full of the stuff and I need the space. Been years since I had a house full of kids but I can't seem to get out of the habit of making small army size batches of some things. I had 3 Carbquik biscuits too with the Land O Lakes butter. Not sure at all about calories. I am going to have the shrimp soup again today for DD. It was yummy for very few calories. Some kind of low fat hunk'o meat and some kind of glucomannan concoction.

SoHappy...I'm not a spring chicken and I have decided for myself I'm not going to worry about wrinkles so much whatever my weight...concentrating more on what I am able to do and enjoy. To me I almost feel better being older and not feeling pressured to look a certain way. I would like however to be able to fit in my extensive size 8 wardrobe again *blushing*

I'm off for my walk now.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #267
Junior LCF Member

penguinpower you had me thinking during my walk. I have a real hard time with family get togethers. When everyone else is eating whatever I want it too even when it's something I normally don't ...some sort of social thing...all control goes out the window =/ Social occasions are hard. Bringing along things that are better for me only helps a little...still feel a need to "sample" everything else.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:33 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Hey there JUDDDers! Had a successful DD yesterday and most of the weight I gained over the party went bye-bye, but I'm still a couple pounds up. I can still meet my goal by sticking to my plan for the rest of the month, and I fully intend to do so.

SoHappy, sorry you don't care for the diet Swiss Miss. I never drink it as cocoa (actually, I never drink hot chocolate!) so don't know if I'd like it that way. I use it as a 25-calorie "base" for low-cal protein shakes on my DDs, and also when I make chocolate superlow-cal muffins. It adds a bit of milky type texture to those things for less calories than milk, and a chocolate flavor boost. As for the AS taste, I've been using AS all my life and real sugar tastes blech to me! I don't notice the AS taste in the mix, since I am combining it with other things and thus need to use less added AS because of the sweetener in the cocoa.

Bittersweet, yep, that's exactly how it can be at those gatherings. This one was a little weird in that for the first time in a long time, I WAS NOT THE FATTEST WOMAN IN THE ROOM!!!!! Woo hoo, it was such a good feeling - not that I was reveling in the other ladies' weight issues, but that for once I wasn't feeling like the least disciplined person on the planet. Consequently, I think I eased up a little on my determination to say no, and I also think I might've gotten just the teensiest bit more pressure by some of them over "but you HAVE to taste my whatever."

I'm looking on it as a really valuable learning experience. I'm finding JUDDD very forgiving of lapses, which I can see could lead to lots of rationalizing about how much I can get away with. I way overdid it, plain and simple, and even JUDDD can't compensate for that.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #269

Bittersweet, I hear ya' about the importance of being able to be active and strong in later years. There's still too much that I like doing out and about, so being fit is important to me. Good luck with your goal of fitting back into your size 8's! Hope it's real soon for you.

You and PenguinPower were discussing the attraction of all the foods at gatherings and feelings of being pressured - or wanting to - taste a little of everything. For me, that is a part of the fun in participating in these events with family or friends, so I do indulge in a little of everything. But, for myself, the only way I can manage it is to literally use my table setting teaspoon to serve myself. I truly do want a little taste of everything, and when I use the little spoon and take just one or two spoonfuls of whatever, it really does seem to work out for me quite well. By the time I'm ready to eat my lovely meal, my plate isn't too full, but it is certainly a delight to me. It's the only way I could figure out how to make it all work for me and my attitude about foods. Sort of a way I can give myself the best of both worlds. I've done this for quite awhile now, and it works well for me. Perhaps something like that might work for you ladies also. ?

Donna, wonderful that most of the weight gained is gone again, and those last couple of pounds will undoubtedly be gone very shortly too. I'll bet you make your weight-loss goal for the month or awfully darned close. I hope I do nearly as well as I think you are going to.

As to the diet cocoa mix, LOL.. I just don't seem to be able to get used to some of those AS flavors, even after all these years. I'll bet adding it into something would help disguise the taste, but I'd also be afraid it would just *spread the taint* further and I'd still be tasting it in the finished product. Ha. I'm making a gift of it to a diabetic friend, and I think she may really enjoy it. Hope so.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/148.8/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
ladies...you all seem to know exactly what you're doing ...and doing great at it.....i put my hands together to all of you...

I'm getting the concept now...i've started yesterday doing 6 mini meals instead of the 3 big meals...and lost 2.6 over night....wow i'm impressed and i figured i did a MD yesterday (1,122 calories)...today i'm aiming for a DD but not as low as in 500 but more like 800-900...eating my 6 small meals...so we will see how that going to turn out...

Congrats SoHappy...on more weight lost....

~~~GAETS~~~
mommy_gates is online now   Reply With Quote