Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Well, I've put together three salads with only lettuce and b/s chicken breast. Topped with a half & half mixture of the Newman's Sesame Ginger and the Maple Farms 0 cal Raspberry Vinaigrette dressings, so the same amount of dressing, but cutting the calories with the addition of the Maple Farms.. while hoping the Newman's dressing will give it some stronger flavor.

Already close to 500 calories, just with all that chicken meat, but I'm going to be working hard today, so thought I'd better fuel myself with meat protein. We'll see how this goes, because it didn't turn out to be very much food! I'm taking two of the salads with me.. so breakfast and lunch. I left the other one in the refrig, 'cause I know if I'd taken it too, I'd have eaten it before I got home.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #212
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hickerson4611
This was the way my friend ate, and she lost weight pretty fast. She moved away, so I don't know if she still has high days and low days anymore. My sister eats the same thing every day, and I think that would be boring.

I like the idea of eating whatever I'd like, but don't know how hard it would be to eat so little on your low calorie days.

Tell me what you think about this plan, please.

I've done TOPS and Weight Watchers years ago. Thanks.

I use a library computer. I'll read as much as I can today.
hickerson4611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Good Day JUDDDers!!! Happy Tuesday!!!!!!!!!

Had to get up at 0'dark thirty to take my daughter to town and I did not eat before I left. BUT, I made it home before the Binge Monster could invade. I think the anti-acid medicine I took this morning helped a LOT! It is helping me in my healing, as well as the mint infusion I am drinking and the ginger capsules. I think I'm headed back to "normal" (whatever that is! )

Today is an UP day and I'm having salad and chicken and HB eggs. I'm headed over to ****** to make my plan. I'm shooting for 1500 cals and <40 carbs.

How is everyone doing today???
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
WELCOME Hickerson!

If you go back to the 1st post in this thread it tells ALL about JUDDD! I think it will answer your questions, but if not, please feel free to ask!

How often do you get to use the library computer?

We are so glad you joined us! Let us know if we can help you.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Annie - congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment, you should be SO PROUD of yourself!

hickerson - welcome, it is hard at first to eat so little when you start, but after you get into the groove you may be pleasantly surprised that it does get easier. As you go along you will find food choices that fill you up and keep you satisfied, especially if you're willing to experiment a bit in the kitchen.

SoHappy, have fun at work lol.

I forgot to take a picture this a.m. of my Ouizoid super-low cal muffin. It was pretty darned good...so far, not hungry for lunch, but if I do get hungry maybe I'll make another one to tide me over until dinner. If I do, I WILL take a pictures. But if I don't, I'll just try to remember on Thursday, my next DD. My current favorite version of this is lemon/vanilla and it comes in at under 50 calories.

RFL, I do hope you get the digestion issues figured out! I've always been fortunate in that regard.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #216

Hi, Guys! Home at last, tired but still doing well on my DD. Will have my salad with chicken in a bit, my last salad of the day. That will bring me up to 494 calories. If I need more before bedtime, I'll peel a couple of hard eggs and just eat the whites. Going to bed a bit earlier than normal maybe, so that would be a nice way to skip the egg whites. LOL I'm pretty determined to be down to my pre-company weight in the morning, if not below that, so I'll be trying to hold out against those egg whites!

Welcome, Hickerson! As RFL said, our first page and first post outlines just about everything you need to know about JUDDD and how to work it. Or actually, how to make it work for you! It couldn't hardly be a more simple plan in it's concept, and if you have already done a calorie counting plan in the past, you are familiar with that aspect of a weight loss plan. But we only hold the calories low on every other day or so. They're really, really low on that day, and that is sometimes a bit tough to adhere to, but in exchange for that, the calories are not *diet level* at all the next day. So that day, you're not on a diet at all, and I sure do like that aspect of JUDDD!

One of the good advantages of alternating your daily calories from a low level to a high level, back and forth, etc. is that your body in not inclined to slow the metabolism down. When calories are cut for weight loss, and then held there day after day, even if the calories aren't too low, just the fact that they are held down below the body's needs causes it to slow the metabolism some. That probably won't be a permanent situation, but I don't want it to happen to me at all, because I want my metabolism to help me burn fat stores as fast as possible.

We do our eating plan as a low carb plan as well. Although I'm more mid-range carbs when it is all averaged out. LOL

Hope you love it as much as I do. I'm absolutely wild about this plan because it works so well for weight loss, AND because I can eat anything I want to on the Up Days. Makes me happy.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #217

Good Morning, JUDDD Followers.

Racing this morning to get everything done around here and head out for the day! Doing an UP Day today.

Expected scale weight to be a bit lower this morning, after yesterday's DD, but it remains the same. I know scale weight doesn't follow the exact same UD-DD schedule as my calorie intake does, but I was hoping. But I don't waste any time fretting about it. It's pretty much an absolute for me that if I do JUDDD, the weight melts away. Not fast. But I can count on it as almost guaranteed. Glad it works that way for me! Hope it does for you all too!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

UD for me today, too. I hit a new low this a.m. but don't want to change my stats yet, just to make sure it "sticks" - I am so psyched at how well things have been going DOWN this month for me!

I will need to adjust my rotation to accommodate a picnic on Saturday, so depending on how the scale reacts tomorrow a.m. to today's UD, I may make tomorrow a MD instead of my scheduled DD, and then Friday a DD so I can have my UD on Saturday - or if scale doesn't cooperate tomorrow, I'll do the DD tomorrow and MD on Friday.

SoHappy, I read an interesting post somewhere about water and fat cells, darn if I can remember right now where I saw it but if I do I'll point you to it - it basically seemed to be saying that sometimes we have lost fat from our fat cells but instead of our scale registering that loss, the body temporarily floods the newly emptied spaces in the fat cells with water, and then a day or so later releases that temporary water which is why we can experience "whoosh" drops on the scale. I am hoping that is what happened for me this a.m.!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
UD for me today, too. I hit a new low this a.m. but don't want to change my stats yet, just to make sure it "sticks" - I am so psyched at how well things have been going DOWN this month for me!

I will need to adjust my rotation to accommodate a picnic on Saturday, so depending on how the scale reacts tomorrow a.m. to today's UD, I may make tomorrow a MD instead of my scheduled DD, and then Friday a DD so I can have my UD on Saturday - or if scale doesn't cooperate tomorrow, I'll do the DD tomorrow and MD on Friday.

SoHappy, I read an interesting post somewhere about water and fat cells, darn if I can remember right now where I saw it but if I do I'll point you to it - it basically seemed to be saying that sometimes we have lost fat from our fat cells but instead of our scale registering that loss, the body temporarily floods the newly emptied spaces in the fat cells with water, and then a day or so later releases that temporary water which is why we can experience "whoosh" drops on the scale. I am hoping that is what happened for me this a.m.!
I remember reading that too. I wonder if it wasn't over on the Main Lobby.

Just got home, tired and wondering what to fix us for supper tonight. Maybe BBQ chicken as I have some breast fillets that need to get cooked up.

Busy day again tomorrow, and another DD. On any DD that I have to work, I usually end up making that closer to a MD, but I'll see how it goes.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #220

Love my UP Days! BBQ chicken and bing cherries for supper. Last smidge of potato salad and baked beans. I eat *mostly* mid-range carbs, but this UD supper was generally higher than I usually hold myself to. Pretty darned good though, I have to admit! I really do appreciate the much higher levels of carbs I can eat and still lose weight when I follow the JUDDD plan. I don't always eat at that higher carb level, but I'm comfortable doing so occasionally.

I just cut up broccoli florets, onion, green pepper, carrots, and mushrooms for stir fry tomorrow. I'll add some bamboo shoots and General Tso's sauce. YUM! That makes a really nice amount of food on my plate but is low calorie for DDs. I'll have this tomorrow.

Hope all JUDDDers are doing well.

I love the flow of my days, lower range calories and then higher range calories, alternating back and forth. It feels very natural and satisfying. My appetite feels quite under control, and portion control is almost second nature with this plan for me.

I really like keeping myself aware of my daily needs for fuel and daily limits for fuel, and I'm appreciating this *being tuned in* feeling emotionally. Feeling absolutely great these days.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:48 AM   #221

I'll be having a DD today. Remarkably, weight is holding steady after yesterdays high carb Up Day.

I'll have a chocolate/coffee shake for breakfast later. Then have a huge veggie stir fry with homemade General Tso's sauce for a late lunch, and undoubtedly a big spaghetti dinner with the shirataki noodles, zucchini, onions & green pepper beneath the spaghetti sauce.

I expect today's calories to end up about 600, as I will be doing a house for the builder I work with. That's usually a full day of activity and often somewhat strenuous and tiring for an old gal. LOL

Hello to those who follow JUDDD. Hope you have a great day!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #222

Donna, waiting anxiously to hear whether your weight loss held in there this morning, or close enough after having the UD yesterday, that you know it will be there - or even lower - after today's DD?????

Kind of confusing when you have an UD on one day, then you weigh the next morning and maybe have a full gut still.. but it's a DD.. but your weight may be up from the day before.. LOL

I don't worry about it much, but it's funny to me anyway.

Last edited by SoHappy; 06-16-2011 at 07:52 AM..
Old 06-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Hey there JUDDDers!

Darn, SoHappy, my mini-whoosh did not hold COMPLETELY - I had dropped 2 astonishing pounds, but one came back. That's okay, I know that once the scale dips down a bit it will make its way there permanently sooner or later. I'm a little bit ahead of where I wanted to be by today to meet my goal of hitting the 170s by July 1, so I'm very thrilled.

Yesterday ended up being a MD for me, and I'm going to do a UD (or possibly semi-higher MD) today, so I can do a DD tomorrow in anticipation of my UD picnic on Saturday. Yesterday, I just got to the end of the day and realized I hadn't eaten all that much, which meant SNACK TIME--and then I thought, what the heck, I've been trying to work out how to readjust for this UD on Saturday anyway so declaring yesterday a MD worked out fine. This paragraph sounds very confusing to me as I type it so I hope I am making sense lol.

I have to confess, I have been losing slowly but surely without making a concerted effort to count every calorie except on DDs. My UDs and MDs are going by my instinctive grasp of calorie counts (kind of embedded into my brain after so many years of dieting). If and when I stop losing, then I'll probably get more serious about monitoring exact calorie counts on UDs. My sense is that the alternating calorie levels are just what my system needs in that it can't adjust---previous attempts at steady low-calorie dieting simply meant my metabolism slowed to survival level. Ditto for low carb. This JUDDD - it's onward and downward, baby!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Hey there JUDDDers!

Darn, SoHappy, my mini-whoosh did not hold COMPLETELY - I had dropped 2 astonishing pounds, but one came back. That's okay, I know that once the scale dips down a bit it will make its way there permanently sooner or later. I'm a little bit ahead of where I wanted to be by today to meet my goal of hitting the 170s by July 1, so I'm very thrilled.

Yesterday ended up being a MD for me, and I'm going to do a UD (or possibly semi-higher MD) today, so I can do a DD tomorrow in anticipation of my UD picnic on Saturday. Yesterday, I just got to the end of the day and realized I hadn't eaten all that much, which meant SNACK TIME--and then I thought, what the heck, I've been trying to work out how to readjust for this UD on Saturday anyway so declaring yesterday a MD worked out fine. This paragraph sounds very confusing to me as I type it so I hope I am making sense lol.

I have to confess, I have been losing slowly but surely without making a concerted effort to count every calorie except on DDs. My UDs and MDs are going by my instinctive grasp of calorie counts (kind of embedded into my brain after so many years of dieting). If and when I stop losing, then I'll probably get more serious about monitoring exact calorie counts on UDs. My sense is that the alternating calorie levels are just what my system needs in that it can't adjust---previous attempts at steady low-calorie dieting simply meant my metabolism slowed to survival level. Ditto for low carb. This JUDDD - it's onward and downward, baby!
Ha! Donna! Yes, I understood that explanation of your lead-in days to end up with the correct UD on Saturday for your picnic fun. See? Another fabulous benefit of JUDDD!!! I can't think of any other plan that lets you attend fun events that feature FOOD in such a way that you can eat whatever, and however much, and still be in the midst of a weight loss diet.

Bummer that one of the pounds came back, but it'll melt back off too. You're doing wonderfully. You are inspiring me to remain excited about this, as opposed to becoming blase' about it. I take it for granted a lot of the time now, but I think I need to never forget just how exciting it is, and how effective with only half of the effort!

I think there are a lot of people who do JUDDD without doing any calorie counting on their Up Days. I pretty much have to count then too, or at least loosely keep track, because while I do maintain pretty good portion control these days, I tend to include a lot higher carbs in my weekly diet than many do, and that means I need to be a little extra careful.

I like eating this way. I've always loved my breads... So paying a bit more attention to even the UD calories is probably a good idea for me. LOL And for me, a pot roast wouldn't be the same without onions and carrots and potatoes. I guess a holdover from the pot roasts Mama made so many years ago for us. So delicious.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #225

Just a Hello to Hickerson if you are able to get online and here to read!

Hope you are finding a lot of good information on various weight loss plans and beginning to get a good feeling about what appeals to you and might be something you could be happy living with for a long, long time.

Of course, any plan will be just a little different from its weight loss level to its weight maintenance level, but still similar. So it's probably a pretty good idea to zero in on a plan that has features you really think make it a wonderful fit for you.

Certainly feel free to ask any questions you might be having right now.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #226

RFL!!! Missing you!

I know you have been really busy lately. Hope you are getting a lot of work done and that we'll be seeing you here soon.

Hope your DH is doing well.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #227

Good Morning. Friday, and the forecast is for partly sunny but with a chance of rain too later, so maybe I can get some outside work done before it turns wet. Not too hot.

I don't seem to be losing these last few days. Every time I do, and think I'm on the right track, the next morning I'm either still the same or up a fraction. LOL Nothing major, just not going down and then down a little bit more, and becoming true weight loss.

I was thinking this morning that there is nearly half of this month left. It's time to tighten up a bit and kick my JUDDD back into gear. I've been working for my builder friend just enough days lately that I'm turning those DDs into MDs or even higher, and that puts my calories right at maintenance level. Aaarrrgghhhh..... Plus a couple of my UDs got a little on the high side too. Hmmmm.... wonder if I'm beginning to detect my problem here?

So today will end up being yet another DD! I'll post food choices here in a bit.

Looking forward to hearing what you folks will chose for your days here too.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #228

What's for breakfast this morning?

Getting in some good work outdoors. Time to take a break for my first meal of the day.

Breakfast Menu: Here is my 100-calorie breakfast: 4 'flats' of egg white with 4 slices of a large tomato, at 4.5 oz. Mango-orange beverage to drink - 0 cals.

Used a non-stick pan with a burst of spray oil to cook the eggs.

****** says 101 calories, and that includes the spray oil! (It's actually a bit surprising to me that I can get a whole plate for food for that.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5351.jpg (41.9 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by SoHappy; 06-17-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Old 06-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #229

About time for a late lunch. Work outside is going well.. weather is holding and a lot of mulch has been distributed. We'll need to run get more. But time to take a rest break right now...

Lunch menu: homemade cream of mushroom soup with saltine cracker halves, lettuce salad w/red pepper and cucumber, with raspberry vinaigrette dressing, iced tea to drink

****** says 99 calories. (201 calories total so far today) Love my JUDDD!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5353.jpg (39.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
WOW...... SoHappy....those plates looks really good...but it doesn't seem to be enough food for me....kudos to you...your great!!!

Didn't do as well as i would of liked....i always start good but by the afternoon...there i go ..want more food not neccessarely need but WANT.....everyday i'll get up in the morning and i'll have a positive thinking of doing better for that day until i get there...

Have a great week-end
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
WOW...... SoHappy....those plates looks really good...but it doesn't seem to be enough food for me....kudos to you...your great!!!

Didn't do as well as i would of liked....i always start good but by the afternoon...there i go ..want more food not neccessarely need but WANT.....everyday i'll get up in the morning and i'll have a positive thinking of doing better for that day until i get there...

Have a great week-end
On DDs I often have five meals, each about 100 calories, so those were just the first two. LOL

I still have the late afternoon/early evening *snack platter*. And then my supper plate. And later in the evening my *dessert plate*.

I do OK for the most part on DDs, with little or no hunger pangs, as I space my food out and actually eat quite a bit before the entire DD is over.

And then I have my full calorie UD the next day, and enjoy the heck out of that!

I can hold the calories down for the one day. My problem has always been trying to hold my calories down day after day after day, like with a normal calorie-counting diet. I fold. But for just the one day, I can do it, so JUDDD is so perfect for me.

I just think you need more calories on your Down Days. I think some folks would do much better on it if they allowed themselves to have DD of 600, or 700, or even 800 calories. The weight loss still occurs, and it's an easier program for them to adhere to. And the weight loss still happens for them.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #232

Ready to relax and enjoy a snack on my Down Day. Time for my *snack plate* to tide me over until later in the evening when I eat supper.

Menu: turkey & low fat Swiss cheese roll-ups, yellow pepper strips, raw zucchini sticks, dill pickle strips, and chive mozzarella cheese curds, with iced green tea blend to drink

****** says 107 calories. (308 calories so far today.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5355.jpg (38.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #233

Ahhhhhh........ Big sigh of satisfaction.

I just finished supper. A nice big plate of spaghetti. Such a pleasant meal.

Menu: shirataki noodles, both white and seaweed variety blended, with zucchini chunks and topped with 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce, sprinkled with Italian spices and grated parmesan cheese.. and 0 cal strawberry beverage to drink.

****** says 129 calories. (437 calories so far today.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5357.jpg (42.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 06-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Ahhhhhh........ Big sigh of satisfaction.

I just finished supper. A nice big plate of spaghetti. Such a pleasant meal.

Menu: shirataki noodles, both white and seaweed variety blended, with zucchini chunks and topped with 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce, sprinkled with Italian spices and grated parmesan cheese.. and 0 cal strawberry beverage to drink.

****** says 129 calories. (437 calories so far today.)

I've got to say i'm very impressed with your selections of foods....

You just encourage me to start that kind of eating starting monday..i've been reading the ABdiet book and that's exactly what they suggest,6 meals a day every two hours(smaller portions and i'll still going to count those calories,just to see how much i would consume)...and for me it seem like the right thing to do..that way i can't say i'm starving if i'm eating every 2 hours.....i'm really pump now...but for today and sunday,i'm going to get rid of all the junk food i've got in the house,make my DH eat them(LOL)..so i'll be clear to start on monday...and fill my pantry and fridge with more nutrional foods...

It's too bad we don't get Shirataki noodles,can't find that around here...

Later So Happy...have a great day!!!!

~~~GAETS~~~

Last edited by mommy_gates; 06-18-2011 at 08:40 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #235
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BittersweetRI
*Waves to all* Just got back from the store...Precooked shrimp 3 lb. frozen here for 15.99 mushrooms and green onions...gonna throw some together in a bit with some other low carb veggies and broth for a soup...toss in some glucomannan gel and shirataki. That will be breakfast...will have grilled boneless skinless chicken breast later. =/ yeah just a hunk'o meat no sides. I really really like MEAT! I like the flavor of plain cooked meats so I don't even season them...bit of an odd ball. Have a glucomannan shake with almond milk and some cherry flavor drops for later. Haven't figured the calories exactly yet but I'm sure I can bring it in under 500 for my first DD.

SoHappy...you can cook for me any time =))) Your meals really are an inspiration.
BittersweetRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #236

Quote:

You just encourage me to start that kind of eating starting monday..i've been reading the ABdiet book and that's exactly what they suggest,6 meals a day every two hours(smaller portions and i'll still going to count those calories,just to see how much i would consume)...and for me it seem like the right thing to do..that way i can't say i'm starving if i'm eating every 2 hours.....i'm really pump now...but for today and sunday,i'm going to get rid of all the junk food i've got in the house,make my DH eat them(LOL)..so i'll be clear to start on monday...and fill my pantry and fridge with more nutrional foods...

Hi, Gaetane!

In my refrigerator and pantry cupboard right now I have the following veggies:

broccoli
cauliflower
tomatoes
lettuces (2 varieties)
cucumber
carrots
celery
peppers, red and yellow and green ones
mushrooms
zucchini
yams
potatoes
onions
bamboo shoots
canned: green beans
peas
blackeyed peas
corn
kidney beans
garbanzo beans
asparagus

In my refrigerator and pantry cupboard and freezer I have the following fruits:

apples
oranges
white grapes
bing cherries
strawberries
dried cranberries
dried cherries
dried apricots
raisins
dates
prunes
canned: apricots
pumpkin
pineapple
coconut cream
cranberry sauce
frozen: blueberries
cherries
mixed berries

Then of course there are the jars of various pickles and olives.....
I keep the bags of various kinds of nuts and seeds, like sunflower seeds, in the freezer.

What I have on hand varies over the seasons, and I buy a lot at Farmer's Markets here too, in season. I just plainly like my veggies and fruits.

That's one of the BIG things I enjoy about doing the JUDDD plan! -- Since nothing is a no-no, and there is no list of acceptable foods and forbidden foods, I can work any foods into my diet as I desire, only counting the calories for it in my day's total.

I average a good solid mid-range/moderate carb level of eating. Much of the food I eat is very low carb, but I don't balk at enjoying a really high carb treat either!

Today, being an UP day for me, will include a little bowl if real ice cream!!! I'll really enjoy it. I had a coupon to Cold Stone Creamery, and bought a packed gallon of their ice creams. But I don't get this every day, and will still remain within a sane and sensible calorie level for the day. And I expect my weight loss to continue.

Last edited by SoHappy; 06-18-2011 at 10:49 AM..
Old 06-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by BittersweetRI View Post
*Waves to all* Just got back from the store...Precooked shrimp 3 lb. frozen here for 15.99 mushrooms and green onions...gonna throw some together in a bit with some other low carb veggies and broth for a soup...toss in some glucomannan gel and shirataki. That will be breakfast...will have grilled boneless skinless chicken breast later. =/ yeah just a hunk'o meat no sides. I really really like MEAT! I like the flavor of plain cooked meats so I don't even season them...bit of an odd ball. Have a glucomannan shake with almond milk and some cherry flavor drops for later. Haven't figured the calories exactly yet but I'm sure I can bring it in under 500 for my first DD.

SoHappy...you can cook for me any time =))) Your meals really are an inspiration.
OMG, Bittersweet!!! No.. YOU can cook for ME anytime! Shrimp with mushrooms and green onions sounds fabulous to me. I love, love, love Asian foods, so I'm going to put those ingredients on my grocery list for this coming week and work them into something stir-fry-'ish' for a coming DD.

Have a great Down Day!

I have to fill my DDs with lots of vegetables as the mostly meat DDs just didn't keep me feeling full enough, and if I got too hungry, I was more inclined to eat a whole bunch more calories. If I can make my meals be heavy on the veggies, I tend to stay fuller. And then the following Up Days I make sure I get a whole lot of protein foods.

We all seem to do it a little different from each other, but whatever it takes for each of us is just fine. We even do different numbers of calories for our Down Days sometimes. Some keep it very low. Others are more able to *stick* with it if they don't always have to keep their DDs so low, so they choose a higher calorie number for their DDs. But that seems to works too.

Enjoy your fabulous soup!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #238

Quote:

RE: the shirataki noodles and yam cake and glucomannon stuff..... I forgot to ask you, Gaets... do you have any Asian or oriental food stores around your location? That is where I would start. And even if they don't carry the stuff, they can order it.

If you find that there is a market, let me know, and I'll photograph and post the package pictures so you can get all the info to pass on to the store.

It would be nice to have access to this stuff, since it's anywhere from 0 calories to just a few calories for the stuff, and it helps fill your belly without increasing your calories for the Down Days.

Let me know if you need more info.

Last edited by SoHappy; 06-18-2011 at 11:22 AM..
Old 06-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #239

Today is an UP DAY on the JUDDD plan.

Strangely, I'm often not very hungry in the morning following a good DD, and this morning was no exception. I enjoyed two big mugs of coffee with half & half, and that was quite lovely and satisfying until mid-day.

I decided to have a 'breakfast' meal for my lunch, so..

Menu: sausage patty (2 oz. squished out flat) and scrambled eggs of one whole egg and one egg white.. two pieces of toast (40-cal bread) with a tbsp. of butter and 2 tbsp. of reduced sugar black current jam! More coffee with half & half and a glass of 0 cal mango-orange beverage to drink.

****** says 561 calories, which includes the coffee w/creamer. Adding in the coffees I had this morning, it brings my calories for the day to 616 so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5359.jpg (42.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #240
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BittersweetRI
Does ****** have the low carb foods in it's database? I have a Nutritiondata.com account but it doesn't have a lot of things I use and it's not easy to put in special foods. I also use a Bodymedia Fit that I can log foods in but it also is lacking the nutrition info for a lot of things.
BittersweetRI is offline   Reply With Quote