Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygum View Post
hey everyone! just wanted to say hi and join the thread for tips, encouragement, and to share my experience. i just started this approach... on day 4 now! i spent a long time (years) doing low carb--it worked for awhile... but, it wasn't until i stopped doing low carb that i actually started losing weight and feeling energetic. and actually KEEPING the weight off. i think everyone just needs to find something that works for them!
i gained a bit of weight from memorial day weekend... i was eating like crazy. i got up to 142 (day 1 weigh-in) and this morning was 138. not bad, but i feel pretty bloated and was 135 a few weeks ago. i'm keeping a chart of the date, my weight loss, and mood throughout this and will share as i see results! nice to meet you all and read what you've all wrote so far!!
Hi, Gillygum! I'm so glad you're here too! I love talking about JUDDD, and especially visiting about the foods that we enjoy on our Down Days, how we fix things that are filling but low in calorie, and how to get through the day if our tummy is wanting something more but we're determined to wait until tomorrow.

I've found that my Up Days don't usually get away from me, so if I can keep a good focus on the DDs, I'll do well. But that means paying attention to FOOD, even if it has to be low calorie, so every suggestion you have for us will be welcomed.

Are you doing an Up day tomorrow or a DD? (Or a MD... lol)

Are you on the West Coast?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gillygum
Stats: 5'6 - 150+/132.2/120
WOE: experimenting
Haha aww! You are so sweet and welcoming!

Tomorrow is a DD for me. I try to stick around 600 for DD and 1500 for UD... but, today I decided I'm not going to be too strict about up days. Like, today, I went above 1500... I got frustrated and almost wanted to quit... and then told myself my body probably just needs it and to relax. I'm just recording everything I eat so that I can always go back later on and see what did/didn't work.

I really love eating fat free yogurt or kefir when I'm trying to keep my calories low. Keeps me satisfied and kills any cravings. Also an egg sunnyside up on whole wheat toast. Yum!

I'm from the midwest... WI actually, what about you?
Old 06-10-2011, 03:58 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygum View Post
Haha aww! You are so sweet and welcoming!

Tomorrow is a DD for me. I try to stick around 600 for DD and 1500 for UD... but, today I decided I'm not going to be too strict about up days. Like, today, I went above 1500... I got frustrated and almost wanted to quit... and then told myself my body probably just needs it and to relax. I'm just recording everything I eat so that I can always go back later on and see what did/didn't work.

I really love eating fat free yogurt or kefir when I'm trying to keep my calories low. Keeps me satisfied and kills any cravings. Also an egg sunnyside up on whole wheat toast. Yum!

I'm from the midwest... WI actually, what about you?
Ha! I'm from down here in Iowa. So neighbors. I guessed you were in a later time zone only because you posted after 11:00 pm, and activity seems to slow down that late at night... thought maybe it was still *early* in your time zone and the night was still young. LOL

I go through periods of snarfing yogurt like crazy! Usually the little 80-calorie containers that are sweetened a little with Splenda, although I don't eat much artificial sweetener for the most part. If I shop ahead and am prepared, I can eat blueberry yogurt with 1/4 cup of additional blueberries stirred into it, or strawberry yogurt with some additional chopped up strawberries added. Good Land! It only makes a delicious treat even nicer for me! DH just thinks he'll head right straight to ice cream and let it go at that. But I'm the one who needs to work on weight control these days.

I sometimes keep my UD calories as low as 1,500 too, but usually more in the 1,700 to 1,900 calorie range. (And it's been known to exceed that too. :blush: But I don't get carried away too often.) But having the calories on UDs vary only seems to help too, so it's all good. I guess if weight loss wasn't occurring, I'd have to reevaluate. That's pretty much my benchmark as to the success of the plan and how I'm doing it. That and how I feel! And how happy I am.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:24 AM   #124

Checking in this morning to report another pound of weight loss from yesterday morning. The scale is good this week. It shows a weight loss of 4.6 pounds since this time last Friday!

That was just after my 50th reunion and DH's birthday parties. I wasn't worried about sticking to JUDDD much during those special occasions. On the other hand, I didn't eat a lot more or a lot higher on the carb scale then than I normally do anyway, so not all of my loss should be merely *water weight*... hoping at least a bit of it was actual fat.

Still on track to be down by 7 pounds before the end of June. Part of that seven pounds was to be needed weight loss to bring me back down to the low end of my maintenance range, and then aiming for another two or three pounds down into virgin weight loss territory too. So far... so good!

Starting the day off with a nice coffee w/half & half.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:59 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
SoHappy - that is awesome!

Welcome, gillygum. Sounds like you are off to a great start.

I had an interesting UD yesterday. I did get into some cheese so way overdid it on the calories. We also went out to eat, a place called "Thai Foon" - and they had a shirataki dish on the menu! They called them "weight loss noodles." The dish was delicious, called "Jap Chap." I got it with chicken and it had a lot of veggies in it. The server told me the sauce was merely sesame oil and soy sauce. The sesame oil gave the shirataki noodles a lovely slipperiness that I've never achieved since I am always making mine fat-free. When they served me I thought no way I could eat it, the portion was huge - but darn it was so good, I ate the whole thing (much to my husband's disappointment, since he always likes my food better than his.) The sodium from the soy sauce and the cheese have me feeling a little puffy this a.m. but I am maintaining this week's weight loss so I'm happy too!

Today's a DD so I'll be having just coffee until I get hungry in the early afternoon, then I may have a big salad. I've been growing red leaf lettuce and it's doing well, and want to use up as much of it as I can before this ridiculous heat makes it bolt and turn bitter. I'll also make a cup of decaf coffee to put in the fridge to chill so I can make a coffee/cocoa shake later this evening. Dinner will probably be zucchini spaghetti again since I never get tired of it.

SoHappy - if you do go out looking for the hot chocolate, the Swiss Miss DIET is 25 cals, while the SF is around 50. I have heard there is a 20-cal diet hot chocolate out there (maybe Nestle?) but I haven't found it locally.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #126

Donna, thanks for the tip on the hot cocoa mix. The Swiss Miss DIET at 25 cals compared to a SF choice at around 50 calories is a significant difference on a Down Day. I'll keep my eyes on the lookout for it the next time I'm in a 'regular' grocery. Aldi's just carries their own brand, and no diet stuff.

Sounds like a good UD meal out, and interesting about adding a bit of sesame oil to the noodles to give them that slippery texture. I'll try that next time. And I hear you about spaghetti sauce over zucchini and/or shirataki! Delish! There really are quite a few wonderful things to eat that are tummy filling and yummy, and that can still help keep your calories under your target on a DD.

You said, ".....The sodium from the soy sauce and the cheese have me feeling a little puffy this a.m. but I am maintaining this week's weight loss so I'm happy too!....." but I'm thinking if you managed to maintain this week's weight loss after an UD, you're doing wonderfully! As always, Keep Up The Good Work!

Off to wash a couple more windows. Spring cleaning is progressing at a very slow but steady pace.

I check into LCF whenever I take a break to get caught up! Good Morning, Gillygum! What's on your menu for today?

And hope Everyone is doing well and enjoying the plan. And the pounds are melting away!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I
I'm wondering what I can do with the seaweed nori wraps at only 5 calories for a sheet as big as a sheet of typing paper. I should be able to use it as a wrap for something. Any ideas out there? The calories sure are right!
Hi SoHappy! I took the following paragraphs from a email I received, has some good ideas for seaweed wraps....minus the nuts if your calorie counting....

totally raw maki - these have no cooked rice in them. As substitutes for rice, I've used things like ground up cauliflower, macadamia nuts, pine nuts, and even shredded parsnips. Cauliflower mixed with a small amount of ground macadamia nuts and then tossed with traditional rice seasoning (rice vinegar and/or rice wine, slightly sweetened) is the most rice-like combination in texture and taste. Other options are just... yummy, in a novel and unique way.

One advantage of not using rice to make sushi is that, if you use ground up fresh veggies instead, your calorie and empty carb intake goes *way* down for that meal. AND you feel just as satisfied (if not more!) than if you'd eaten a bunch of rice.

Some totally random combinations that turned out amazing:
* fresh basil next to pine nut cream (soaked pine nuts, pureed)
* shiitake mushroms marinated in a sweet teriyaki sauce next to avocado
* mango, avocado, and macadamia nuts

What do you think?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hi SoHappy! I took the following paragraphs from a email I received, has some good ideas for seaweed wraps....minus the nuts if your calorie counting....

totally raw maki - these have no cooked rice in them. As substitutes for rice, I've used things like ground up cauliflower, macadamia nuts, pine nuts, and even shredded parsnips. Cauliflower mixed with a small amount of ground macadamia nuts and then tossed with traditional rice seasoning (rice vinegar and/or rice wine, slightly sweetened) is the most rice-like combination in texture and taste. Other options are just... yummy, in a novel and unique way.

One advantage of not using rice to make sushi is that, if you use ground up fresh veggies instead, your calorie and empty carb intake goes *way* down for that meal. AND you feel just as satisfied (if not more!) than if you'd eaten a bunch of rice.

Some totally random combinations that turned out amazing:
* fresh basil next to pine nut cream (soaked pine nuts, pureed)
* shiitake mushroms marinated in a sweet teriyaki sauce next to avocado
* mango, avocado, and macadamia nuts

What do you think?
OH, MY GOODNESS !!! That just sounds amazing, doesn't it! Have you made any of this?

I am absolutely going to make some of this, but unhappy, unhappy, unhappy that I will have to wait several days. I am especially interested in some of the combinations that will be suitable for DDs and add to our growing collection of delicious meals for those 'sometimes harder' days.

Wonderful and informative post, Blonde/Rose! Thanks. Are you on an UD or a DD today? Hope you're enjoying it, whichever it is.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Down day for me, so far just coffee. No I haven't tried any of the recipes, I just got the email, but I thought it sounded yummy, too! I love sushimi, I'm allergic to avocado so I substitute cucumber sticks for the avo. Wasabi is so darn hot it releases endorphins when I eat it. Funny, huh? I'm always a bit giddy after eating California rolls. It's actually been several months since I've indulged in sushimi. Hmmmm......

Hope you're having a good day!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Down day for me, so far just coffee. No I haven't tried any of the recipes, I just got the email, but I thought it sounded yummy, too! I love sushimi, I'm allergic to avocado so I substitute cucumber sticks for the avo. Wasabi is so darn hot it releases endorphins when I eat it. Funny, huh? I'm always a bit giddy after eating California rolls. It's actually been several months since I've indulged in sushimi. Hmmmm......

Hope you're having a good day!
Having a fun day today, thanks, Hon!

One of these days, I'll attempt some of these with my nori wrap, and I'll post and let everyone know how the taste and textures turned out. I think it's going to be fun!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Evening JUDDDers~

Tomorrow is a Down Day for me, and I'm going to go EGGY again!

What's on everyone's menu?
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #132

Tons accomplished today, and I'm giving myself a pat on the back. Company arriving shortly, so it will be a fun couple of days.

Everyone have a great weekend of JUDDD, and hopefully I'll get on occasionally to read the JUDDD threads for updates.

Guess today and tomorrow both are going to end up being UP days, so I already know that Sunday is going to have to be a really, really good DD. I think I'll be needing it.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome GillyGum!

How is your JUDDD going?
Old 06-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,

Your shirataki supper sounds really amazing!! I do a sauce that has soy sauce and toasted sesame oil in it. YUMMMMM!

That puffiness will go away soon! Keep on JUDDD'in!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SoHappy,
I hope you'll be able to check in and update us even though you'll have company. I love to read what you're cooking and eating!

Blonde:
Enjoy the sushi!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey All!

My hubby went to the Dr today and was told to lose weight immediately. His Triglycerides were sky-high as well and the Dr. was not happy.

Hubby has been eating high carb and been reluctant to try LC and JUDDD with me, but now he is motivated.

I'm going to make his meals and I'm going to look over y'alls recipes for suggestions. He doesn't like what I eat!

Any ideas on where to start with him? Should he start with an UP day? How many calories (my UP days are 1500, but he's a big guy, he needs more).

Thanks for any feedback!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
SoHappy,
I hope you'll be able to check in and update us even though you'll have company. I love to read what you're cooking and eating!

Blonde:
Enjoy the sushi!
Hey.. There you are! Glad to hear from you!

Company just called. Still an hour and a half away, so I get grab a few minutes to relax and play on the computer. Been getting a lot done.

How is your tummy feeling now?
Old 06-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey.. There you are! Glad to hear from you!

Company just called. Still an hour and a half away, so I get grab a few minutes to relax and play on the computer. Been getting a lot done.

How is your tummy feeling now?
Have fun this weekend with your company! I hope you get a chance to pop in.

Tummy = not so good again. Not sure what the problem is, but I'm stopping the supplements, protein shake, chia seeds, high-fiber foods and just trying to eat soothing, low calorie foods and get a successful DD happening. The past few have been derailed.

Tomorrow I plan to have homemade broth and my yummy eggs. We'll see how that goes. Just going back to basics! YAY!

Thanks for asking!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Today's DD is going well but not at all what I had planned - had to do some unexpected chores, so the menu I had in mind went kaput. But I loved what I ended up doing. I tried a daikon radish soup that Redeemed posted about on the recipe thread and really liked it - it does taste like a very spicy potato soup, and would be a great base for other soups, I just made it with bouillon, radish and some celery leaves and it was delish, so flavorful! The DH gave it his three-bowl thumbs up of approval. I'm sipping on the last little leftover bit right now and wish I had made more.

Then since I didn't have the time to make my zuke/shirataki spaghetti I had some hot dogs instead, and they kind of hit the spot. Had two FF Hebrew National hot dogs on split bread with a smear of mustard (~115 cals) and some celery sticks, and now this little slurp o' soup. Tonight I'll have a coffee/cocoa protein shake and some gluc gel. The day should end up about 400 cals.

I was able to stop at the Farmer's Market for my first visit this year and scored ZUCCHINI - woot, woot, three big straight perfect zukes for $1, so I went crazy and bought $2 worth lol.

Have a blast with your company, SoHappy. Tomorrow we are going out to dinner with our "older" nephews and nieces - every year for Christmas we give them a group dinner out with us, but this year everybody had so many commitments we haven't been able to find a mutually agreeable date until now. We're going to the Texas Roadhouse and I am going to be faced with the peanut temptation monster. Oh well, it'll be a UD! I will eat very very sparingly all day in anticipation of saving most of my calories for the dinner and drinks.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #140

Quote:
Have fun this weekend with your company! I hope you get a chance to pop in.

Tummy = not so good again. Not sure what the problem is, but I'm stopping the supplements, protein shake, chia seeds, high-fiber foods and just trying to eat soothing, low calorie foods and get a successful DD happening. The past few have been derailed.

Tomorrow I plan to have homemade broth and my yummy eggs. We'll see how that goes. Just going back to basics! YAY!

Thanks for asking!
Could you be developing a sensitivity to eggs?
Old 06-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Donna!

I have a daikon radish and just might make some soup! Thanks for the reminder/

Your menu sounds really, really good too. I'm glad you can use the GLUC powder, I wish I could. You know, it sounds like you're really happy and satisfied on JUDDD and that's most important to longevity.

So, you scored some zukes, yeehawww! I know you'll be making zoodles and shirataki noodles! I have yet to do that, but I plan to as soon as my zukes come in. I have blossoms now, but no fruit.

Have a great evening!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Could you be developing a sensitivity to eggs?
Oh goodness, I hope not!

I actually haven't had any eggs for several days because of my tummy pain so even without the eggs, I'm having the same problem.

I'll try the eggs tomorrow and if I have to derail, I'll give up eggs for awhile. I have heard if you do a LOT of a certain food, you can develop a reaction to it.

I think it's more the supplements I've been adding. But hey, in situations like this, it's more trial and error.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
..........We're going to the Texas Roadhouse and I am going to be faced with the peanut temptation monster. Oh well, it'll be a UD! I will eat very very sparingly all day in anticipation of saving most of my calories for the dinner and drinks.
We're all heading to Granite City tomorrow evening, and I'll be doing the same thing, eating lightly during the day so that I can relax and enjoy a nice meal out with drinks and maybe dessert. LOL But, you know.. it seems to work just fine, as long as I bank the calories for it and follow with a good Down Day.

Have a fun, fun time with the nieces and nephews. Nice happy tradition.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gillygum
Stats: 5'6 - 150+/132.2/120
WOE: experimenting
Thank you for all the welcomes!

SoHappy - first of all, I love your screename here... I think there's a lot of power in positive words and positive thought. Glad to hear there's another midwestern gal here! Yeah, sometimes I think I have too much artificial sweetener. I notice when I drink too much crystal light I can get moody. :-/ I actually bought a yogurt maker online ... I haven't used it in awhile, but think that I probably should again! I just have to find a good way to sweeten it up! Plain yogurt is too bland for me.

DD definitely did not work out for me today! TOM came... did not plan ahead in terms of food. I had my very last day nannying the girls I've been watching ;( and they had treats for me.. I splurged when "trying" them... back on the wagon tomorrow!
I've heard the quote before: If you don't plan to plan, plan to fail. It's pretty true for me when it comes to eating/exercise!

How often does everyone weigh-in? Do any of you get discouraged weighing-in after UD?
gillygum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #145

GillyGum, you've just made me think of something... I believe I have an old yogurt maker that I got at a garage sale years ago and never used. I'm going to have to go looking for that thing and see if that's what it really is, and how to use it!

Sorry that your DD didn't go quite like you'd hoped. Yup, I've heard that saying too... as "...If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail..." and I guess it is always good to kind of have in mind what you are going to eat ahead of time. At least it seems to help me.

As to the weighing, some folks like to weigh once a week because that'll give them enough days to actually see a loss of weight (hopefully). I weigh and record my weight every single morning. So I get to see the normal fluctuations from day to day, DD to UD and back to DD, weight up and weight down. Those fluctuations don't bother me, as long as they tend to go down over time. I think of those fluctuations as a ball, bouncing down a stairway, up and down, up and down, but always heading downward overall. (Ya' just don't want to see the ball bouncing back UP the stairway!)

Hope you have a great day tomorrow. Sweet of the kids to have treats for your last day with them, but tough to face and resist on a Down Day, especially in the face of children.

Are you having these rains up there? The guys are wanting to play golf tomorrow, but the course may be pretty soggy!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #146

Quote:
Oh goodness, I hope not!

I actually haven't had any eggs for several days because of my tummy pain so even without the eggs, I'm having the same problem.

I'll try the eggs tomorrow and if I have to derail, I'll give up eggs for awhile. I have heard if you do a LOT of a certain food, you can develop a reaction to it.

I think it's more the supplements I've been adding. But hey, in situations like this, it's more trial and error.
Speaking of supplements... what all are you taking? I've been thinking about this, and maybe it is related to something that you are taking as a supplement to your normal foods.

Can you remember back to each one, and if you had tummy pain only since adding that particular supplement? Of course, sometimes that's hard to do with accuracy, I suppose, since some of these issues don't show up right off the bat.

Hope you can get it figured out. I'm wondering if you can look into each one to see if upset is a potential side effect.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #147

Donna, I forgot to tell you... I bought a really nice large head of cauliflower and will hunt up white miso paste at Saigon Market, then I'm going to try your recipe, reposted here, for Sunday, which will be a much needed and welcome DD. I may just have wiped out a week's worth of JUDDD Down Days this evening! But sure did have a good time with everyone.

Perfect Creamy Cauliflower Soup

2 Tbs. butter
1 tbs. olive oil
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
6-8 scallions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 medium cauliflower, cored and coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. curry powder (optional)
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried marjoram or savory
6 cups water
2 tbs. white miso *
1/8 tsp. nutmeg, optional
Old 06-11-2011, 05:18 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi GillyGum!

Awww, sweets for a treat from your little ones! Well, they wanted to say goodbye with a BANG!

The cool thing about JUDDD is that the very next day is a NEW and FRESH start!

I'm there myself, with a positive outlook and excitement for a wonderful, satisfying, but eating clean 500 cal LC DD!! You and I CAN do it!!

Why don't you post your menu here? That really helps me, accountability and input from others.

I weigh myself DAILY because I like the information. I don't always like the RESULTS , but I feel more in control when I know what I'm dealing with. And no, I don't ever get discouraged weighting after an UD because I understand I have eaten more on a UP and many times it shows a gain, which disappears (taking more with it) on the next day which is a DD!

And, sometimes, it's SO funny, I have stepped on the scale after an UP and actually lost! And then lost again after the DD!

The best way I've found is to record my daily weight on the calendar that hangs by my computer. There I can see the month at a time and see the ups and downs and overall picture. THEN, at the end / beginning of every month, I take my totals for the month.

But Gilly, the thing about JUDDD is that it's so adaptable! You do what works for you and if weighing once a week works for you, then I suggest only weighing after a DD once a week.

And come here for support and interaction! We're here for you!!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:22 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Checking in this morning to report another pound of weight loss from yesterday morning. The scale is good this week. It shows a weight loss of 4.6 pounds since this time last Friday! .

OMGOODNESS! How did I miss this!??? WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You are more than halfway to your 7-pound goal!! You go girl! You're gonna make it!!! Keep on going! You're almost there!!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:34 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Speaking of supplements... what all are you taking? I've been thinking about this, and maybe it is related to something that you are taking as a supplement to your normal foods.

Can you remember back to each one, and if you had tummy pain only since adding that particular supplement? Of course, sometimes that's hard to do with accuracy, I suppose, since some of these issues don't show up right off the bat.

Hope you can get it figured out. I'm wondering if you can look into each one to see if upset is a potential side effect.

SoHappy,
THANK YOU for helping me work this out. I'm pretty stumped. I pretty much sailed along on JUDDD and dropped 60 pounds pretty fast. Then I hit a wall.
Now, I'm having the tummy troubles preventing me from going back to what worked for me on JUDDD! It's pretty discouraging, but I CANNOT go back, I MUST go forward, so I'll keep trying and tweaking and doing what I can.

I take:
Prescriptions for thyroid, Diabetes and 2 others. These I've been taking for years (and recently had my thyroid meds AND levels checked very well).

Supplements:
I started taking L-Glutamine (I think this is a major culprit) as the tummy troubles started recently after starting.

I added chai seeds to my egg white protein shake last week, but I was already feeling weird from the L-Glutamine and I think the fiber exacerbated the inflammation (gastritis) unbeknownst to me at the time.

I also take Cal-Mag-Zinc, Vit D3, Col Liver Oil, Vit C.

I had started taking 5-HTP along with the L-Glutamine.

Soooo, all that to say, I am eliminating for about a week:
L-Glutamine
5-HTP
Egg white protein shakes (for now, I know they work, but they may be adding to the inflammation)
Chia seeds (again, too much fiber which makes gastritis worse)
Extra high fiber foods (just for now - to heal)
Cocoa (I put it in my shakes)
Reducing the stevia to the barest minimum.

I'm taking ginger root for the nausea and eating several small meals often for the healing of the gastritis.

That's my plan! Any feedback?