Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Hello, dear JUDDDers! I'm doing the JUDDD happy dance today. Yesterday was an UP day and still, this a.m. the scale showed a 1.5# drop!!!!! I typically don't "claim" a new weight until it has stayed steady for a day or two, but I'm just too psyched up about it today and want to blare it out to the world - I LOVE MY JUDDD!

SoHappy, I think you are dead-on right, that the longer you stick with the plan the more your metabolism responds. I've been JUDDDing now since January 12, so five months almost, and even during my lost month of April when I went way overboard on the UDs, I still did the alternations. Since I regained control of my UDs the weight has been coming off steadily, and I'm now steadily moving down through a range that was always such a huge struggle for me to achieve, let alone plow through. I've been on every diet under the sun (except I must admit I was never drawn to the hcg one!) and this is the easiest and most productive one ever for me!

Thanks for bringing up the spaghetti squash idea, Healing! I do love spaghetti squash but prefer the zucchini for the lower calories, the cost, the ease of finding it and the texture. I never get lots of nice long strands from spaghetti squash--I'll get some, and the rest is kind of little bits of shreds or larger blobs of squash, and it does "weep" for me albeit not as much as the zukes. With my handy-dandy spiral slicer I can easily demolish three zucchinis in minutes and the result is huge piles of very satisfying, twirlable pasta substitute that just does the trick better for me. Watching me wrestle with a large spaghetti squash pre-baking is quite a sight to see lol. But I do love spaghetti squash, and I very often make a recipe using it that's a take-off on "spaghetti pie"

I buy spaghetti squash at the farmers market in the late summer/fall and feast on it in season, and usually buy enough to last up until around Christmas. I haven't been successful in keeping it long-term (i.e. until spring), though. It's kinda pricey at this time of year around here, and hard to find now, but still very yummy!

I'm sipping on a cup of "Chocolate Glazed Donut" coffee right now, "lightened" with my Baja Bob's 0 calorie mudslide mix. So far I haven't been hungry so I am skipping breakfast this a.m. and saving the calories for a shake later tonight. Lunch will be leftover tuna shirataki salad, and dinner leftover shirataki/zuke spaghetti. At some point I'll also have my gluc gel. I don't want to get stuck in a rut but this menu really gets me through the DDs with no hunger or feelings of deprivation.
penguinpower is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
SQUEAL of delight and excitement for you, Donna!!!!! Your great weight loss news is wonderful for you, but it's wonderful for us too, 'cause it keeps us motivated. Everybody else's success encourages us all. Big WOO HOO this morning for you.

Now I wonder if the store will have any spaghetti squash left. I guess it is getting pretty late in the spring. LOL

Good luck on your DD today. Although I know that it doesn't have anything to do with 'luck'. Just doing it. Glad to hear you are plowing downward through a weight range that has always been a challenge to you before JUDDD.

Off to shop. See you later, Friends!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
SoHappy,

I'm so sorry about your fibro, I did not realize you have it!! You do so much!

I hope you feel better soon and rest. I hope you have a great day!

Do let me know if you have any questions after reading my sites.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DONNA!!!!!!!!

Whoooo hoooooooooooooo!! What a great post! WOW! That is really inspiring, you are inspiring!
Thanks for sharing, you have greatly (yeah....wait for it.... INSPIRED me!)

I hear you about spaghetti squash. I don't care for it. In the beginning when I was searching for a pasta sub, a lot of people recommended spaghetti squash and I know lots of people love it, but to me, it was not a good sub.

Now, I like it fine, but if I want to save on calories, carbs and time and effort, ZUKES are my go-to veggie to spiral cut into noodles. I think the taste and texture are milder and zukes avail themselves to pasta dishes where spag squash cannot go for me and my tastes. Just my 2 cents, devalued to a penny!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #95

Hope you who are doing Down Days today are doing well. It is so, so worth it, that's for certain.

I'm having an Up Day today, and am finally eating my *brunch* except that it's just after 2:00 in the afternoon, so I don't know what you'd call that. Late, I guess.

Did a huge, huge purchase of fresh veggies - including another couple pounds of zucchini - and got some seasonal fresh fruit. Also stopped by the Oriental store for yet more of the shirataki noodles and a couple of the solid blocks of yam cake to dice into stir fry. I'm set for several more days! Well, did buy meats too, of course. LOL

Later, Guys!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi everyone! I've been on vacation and not around very much. Today is a DD for me. I slept very late (9:30) and just had my first meal....tofu shiritake noodles and broccolli slaw with soy sauce and a touch of stevia. I don't care for the texture of the noodles but the crunchy slaw makes it easier for me to tolerate. About 60 cals in all. Tonights meal will be the "usual"... 200 cals of grilled chicken breast, a large romaine salad with Walden Farms Creamy Bacon dressing and a little taco sauce! Love the spicy stuff!

My DD meals have changed from the mostly protein (egg beaters, boiled eggs etc) to the mostly veggie... Salad, broccolli slaw, baby carrots, and sugar snap peas (and of course my usual dinner). I've found that the veggies fill me up more and allow me more volume than just protein. After 6 months on JUDDD this is the best way for me, but it could change again. I love that JUDDD is so adaptable. I don't normally do shakes because my body (brain) doesn't recognize it as food for some reason.
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Blonde!

Good to see you!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #98

Hi, Blonde/Rose! Yay!

I didn't like the shirataki noodles either. Well.. actually.. I hated the shirataki noodles. And it was that texture thing that you just mentioned. They were like chewing on rubber bands.

But RFL mentioned about frying them in a skillet to dry them out quite a bit, and I don't know what that does to them, but.. ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD! And also, snip them into smaller pieces. I literally have scissors and snip through the heap from several different directions so that I don't have any long noodles anymore. They're still not like wheat pasta, but they're quite acceptable now. I'm getting quite fond of them.

Hope this hint helps the next time you are wanting some good Down Day *tummy filling* addition to your meal, but for few or no calories!

Now one of my favorite, absolute favorite, recipes is a few posts back, from RFL. It's the suggestion for a cold tuna-shirataki noodle recipe with chopped zucchini, and other stuff. It's delicious.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening y'all!

How is everyone doing today?

I had to run to town and got off-track, but hanging in!

Tomorrow will be an UP day and I'm planning and prepping my food so I'll be ready!

What's everyone eating today?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

SoHappy - I'm glad you mentioned the yam blocks again. I had seen your earlier post and meant to ask: what the heck are they? Solid blocks of shirataki? I can't recall seeing them in the asian stores I get to, but most likely I just don't know what to look for. A friend of mine swears she can buy the real zero-cal shirataki at one of the stores I go to all the time, but I can only find starchy noodles there. Now I can also be on the hunt for yam blocks. About how big is a yam block?

Hey there BWAR! I love vacationing and recently got the bug to go somewhere again. I don't like hot though so I'll try to head north if I'm able to get away.

So far, a good DD. I just ate a heaping bowl of shirataki spaghetti and brewed a cup of decaf to stick in the fridge so I can make a coffee shake later tonight. My calories today are super low so I can afford the shake. I'm going to make it this time with the coffee and a packet of diet Swiss Miss and egg white protein powder, so it comes in right around 100 calories. I also blend in a lot of ice to make it ice-creamish, and may need to add in a little chocolate extract if the ice dilutes the flavor too much. It was so hot today, I know that will hit the spot.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Evening y'all!

How is everyone doing today?

I had to run to town and got off-track, but hanging in!

Tomorrow will be an UP day and I'm planning and prepping my food so I'll be ready!

What's everyone eating today?
Having a good and *in control* Up Day, with just coffee and half & half in the morning. Didn't eat until almost mid-afternoon, and then just put together odds and ends, ground beef, shredded cheeses, spaghetti sauce, etc. Little bits of this and that into a *casserole* I guess I'd have to call it a Junk Casserole, but that was lunch, and the refrigerator got emptied of those last little bits. LOL Had to make room for all the new stuff I'd just brought home!

Tonight's supper will be BLT sandwiches, as per DH's request, well actually his plea, and I got him some potato salad to go with. Iced tea. Found some huge tomatoes at the store, so those will slice up nicely for the sandwiches, and got a loaf of nice bread, although not a nice white whole wheat, RFL. Oh! And bing cherries for dessert.

An easy day, not very hungry today. Mostly just thirsty because of the heat. I think it is supposed to break tomorrow.

Actually looking forward to my DD tomorrow. I was talking to a lady about JUDDD today, and it made me get excited about the plan all over again. She was impressed and thought it sounded almost too good to be true. She said she understood that the DDs of low calories would be hard, but thought she could handle that as she does occasional fasting anyway.

Off to do some lingering paperwork, and hoping to get carpet shampooed in a bedroom and the living room yet this evening. Send me your thoughts of strength and resolve. At least the pain of the earlier part of the day is wearing away, so that makes me feel more energetic.

Last edited by SoHappy; 06-08-2011 at 03:59 PM..
Old 06-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Penguin! Yes I love a good road trip! Actually we were in the tornado alley late in May and had some pretty good scares. I'm happy to be home for sure!

I had a pre-dinner snack of baby carrots and some yummy hot taco sauce that I stirred a pinch of pure stevia into. Wow it was tasty, stuck to my carrots well and had a nice sweet taste. I don't know about ya'll but I love hot and sweet together!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
SoHappy - I'm glad you mentioned the yam blocks again. I had seen your earlier post and meant to ask: what the heck are they? Solid blocks of shirataki? I can't recall seeing them in the asian stores I get to, but most likely I just don't know what to look for. A friend of mine swears she can buy the real zero-cal shirataki at one of the stores I go to all the time, but I can only find starchy noodles there. Now I can also be on the hunt for yam blocks. About how big is a yam block?

Hey there BWAR! I love vacationing and recently got the bug to go somewhere again. I don't like hot though so I'll try to head north if I'm able to get away.

So far, a good DD. I just ate a heaping bowl of shirataki spaghetti and brewed a cup of decaf to stick in the fridge so I can make a coffee shake later tonight. My calories today are super low so I can afford the shake. I'm going to make it this time with the coffee and a packet of diet Swiss Miss and egg white protein powder, so it comes in right around 100 calories. I also blend in a lot of ice to make it ice-creamish, and may need to add in a little chocolate extract if the ice dilutes the flavor too much. It was so hot today, I know that will hit the spot.
I think you were posting at the same time I was. Glad I went back up and saw this.

OK, yes, the yam cake blocks are just solid blocks of the shirataki material. So you could cut off slices, and then cut the sliced down into strips about the size of broccoli slaw. Or you could cut 1/2" thick slices and then cut that into dice, and toss the diced pieces into something. Sometimes I cut it into squares of about 1" x 1" by about 1/8 or 1/4 inch thick.

Yam cake (konnyaku) and shirataki (white waterfall) noodles are Japanese, both come in the pure white glucomannon yam root material, so those are white noodles and cakes, but there is also a kind that have some seaweed (I think it's seaweed) material speckling it all through... and those noodles and cakes are more a beige with speckles. And these don't even take into consideration the noodle concoctions of gluc combined with tofu. But I don't get that kind at all as I try to avoid soy for the most part. Rarely but occasionally I eat tofu, but not often at all! The white is the 0 calorie stuff, the darker seaweedy stuff has a few calories to it, but I like it better. And a yam block of either kind measures about 3" x 5" x 1" If it comes larger than that, I've never seen it.

Now in addition, there are small bags of the noodles and larger ones. All gluc stuff is packaged in water, in clear plastic bags and kept in the refrigerated cases. So if you are looking through the dry goods shelves, you won't find them.

I'd like to know how the Asians have so, so many different kinds of rice and different kinds of noodles and eat them every day and still stay slim. Apparently not *big eaters*. LOL

Can't think of anything else. Just try the refrigerated section, and it's often kept with the "health foods" too, if your store has a separate case in that department.

Sounds like your DD has been going great!

Oh! Oh! Oh! I finally remembered! Tell me the story of your avatar picture. I get a nice laugh every time I see it!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hi Penguin! Yes I love a good road trip! Actually we were in the tornado alley late in May and had some pretty good scares. I'm happy to be home for sure!

I had a pre-dinner snack of baby carrots and some yummy hot taco sauce that I stirred a pinch of pure stevia into. Wow it was tasty, stuck to my carrots well and had a nice sweet taste. I don't know about ya'll but I love hot and sweet together!
I agree with this so much! That hot spicy sweet just seems to make whatever you're eating seem more intense and satisfying somehow!

I go to the Asian markets quite a bit now for the shirataki noodles and whatever else I can find that's low carb/low cal, and just brought home another kind of hot Asian chili paste to try.

I'm wondering what I can do with the seaweed nori wraps at only 5 calories for a sheet as big as a sheet of typing paper. I should be able to use it as a wrap for something. Any ideas out there? The calories sure are right!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

I will have to look for the yam cake, but I gotta say, it sounds like the glumplings you invented would be similar - I need to do some more experiementing with that one of these days.

My avatar doesn't have much of a story - it's a picture from a funny old book put out by Alcoa on projects kids can make with their foil. I fell in love with the pic because it's kind of like a tin foil helmet, and a stylish hairstyle to boot lol. During my many years of diet struggles, I have so often felt like an alien takes over my brain when I'm trying to follow a diet, so maybe this tin foil cap will protect me!

My decaf coffee shake was totally luscious tonight! I made it with the coffee, a packet of 25-cal diet swiss miss, a tube of Baja Bob's mudslide, a 1/2 tsp of gluc powder, 1/4 cup egg white protein powder, and a couple of cups of ice -- oh my gosh, it was better than a McDonald's frappe!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #106

Quote:
I will have to look for the yam cake, but I gotta say, it sounds like the glumplings you invented would be similar - I need to do some more experiementing with that one of these days.

My avatar doesn't have much of a story - it's a picture from a funny old book put out by Alcoa on projects kids can make with their foil. I fell in love with the pic because it's kind of like a tin foil helmet, and a stylish hairstyle to boot lol. During my many years of diet struggles, I have so often felt like an alien takes over my brain when I'm trying to follow a diet, so maybe this tin foil cap will protect me!

My decaf coffee shake was totally luscious tonight! I made it with the coffee, a packet of 25-cal diet swiss miss, a tube of Baja Bob's mudslide, a 1/2 tsp of gluc powder, 1/4 cup egg white protein powder, and a couple of cups of ice -- oh my gosh, it was better than a McDonald's frappe!
OK. So a cuter version of a tinfoil beanie!

And I was just thinking about the *glumplings* stuff today! I wonder if I could make General Tso's chicken glumplings? with broccoli, onion, green pepper and onion chunks. And some slices of carrot?

Well, I got some nori seaweed wrap, so maybe some teriyaki glumplings with cooked cabbage & onion & sausage, wrapped up in the nori.

Oysters! Maybe something oystery. Hmmmmm..... gotta' experiment with that nori.

And, do you know.. I've never tasted a sugar free cocoa. I'll try to remember to put that on the list sometime.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #107

I'm still thinking about the *glumplings*.. especially in the General Tso flavor, and that might be pretty darned good. The texture of them is sort of sticky-gooey-chewy and if it is sticky-gooey-chewy General Tso flavor, that could really be good.

Tomorrow is a DD for me. I'm going to experiment!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #108

Good Morning!

Having a DD today and feeling quite happy about that. I'm continuing the house cleaning. We have so much window in the living room, glass down to the floors and almost from side to side on two sides, so window washing is always a huge chore! But one wall is almost done. So making good progress.

I'm drinking hot tea this morning. Will break sometime later to cut up a HUGE pile of veggies for stir fry. And will try a recipe of General Tso's sauce.

Feeling no hunger yet. (But it's early. )

I am feeling pretty sad about the death of an old dog. The phone rang at 7:00 am from daughter who was calling at 6:00 am there... their old Sparky dog died. He was old, and really hobbling a lot with his arthritis and stiffness. He had to take steps one step at a time and rest in between. Just an old boy. But always his sweet smile on his doggy face, and always ready for treat time to roll around each evening, when he would shake and speak and sit and lie down eagerly, usually ahead of his commands, as he was big into anticipation of what command he would be given! LOL He died last night, and I cried for his loss. And my daughter cried. And her husband and dear granddaughter. Always so sad when our fine animals die.

So I'm working hard this morning and thinking of that old dog. Nice to have these nice warm memories of the animal friends who accompany us for a few years as we journey through life.

Last edited by SoHappy; 06-09-2011 at 07:59 AM..
Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SoHappy, I'm very sorry about Sparky. It brought tears to my eyes, remembering my DD's beloved German Shepard who died at the age of 8. I have a dog that will be 12 this summer, he's so dear to us and is getting a little creaky. I feel for you.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #110

Quote:
SoHappy, I'm very sorry about Sparky. It brought tears to my eyes, remembering my DD's beloved German Shepard who died at the age of 8. I have a dog that will be 12 this summer, he's so dear to us and is getting a little creaky. I feel for you.
Thanks, BlondeRose. I hope your sweet boy will be with you for a few year yet. Dogs have such short lifespans. I've always hated that, and have cried over a lot of dogs in my years, and yet your heart is always open after awhile to a new pup to start the love affair all over again.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know, I have a theory about the short lifespan of dogs. If they lived as long as horses they would be too smart for us! I swear my old dog understands every word we say and recognizes our laughter and wags right along with the joke. He's a peach!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #112

Quote:
You know, I have a theory about the short lifespan of dogs. If they lived as long as horses they would be too smart for us! I swear my old dog understands every word we say and recognizes our laughter and wags right along with the joke. He's a peach!
LOL!!! I'll have to remember that, 'cause there's a lot of truth to it!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #113

Having a great DD so far! Just finished my first meal of the day, a stir fry of broccoli, onion, green pepper, carrot, and mushrooms, topped with 1/4 cup of General Tso's sauce. This made a heaping plateful for only 194 calories, fully a quarter of that was just the sauce! But it was delicious, and I am ever so satisfied.

Weight was only up .6 this morning after yesterday's big Up Day of cheesy 'leftovers' casserole for lunch and BLT sandwiches and potato salad for supper, so that ended up being better than I was expecting.

Making good headway doing my spring cleaning in the living room, which didn't get finished last evening.

We had BIG hail last evening, which hit the roof with such force we have to get up there and look to see if we need shingles redone! This was as big as I've ever seen hail. And some of the flowers and plants have some broken stems, and flowers beaten away. I hope the farmers further out didn't have too much crop damage.

And then, sirens and ambulances, fire rescue, and police zooming up to a home just three up from us. The guy who lived there passed away. He was on oxygen anyway, and I think this really humid air lately made it extra hard for him to breath.

Wow. I need to put on some happy music around here!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #114

Just slipped into a pair of jeans that must have been fitting me for awhile now, but somehow was at the end of the bar, unnoticed, unwanted, and unworn for quite awhile now. So.. not in style, but great for working in!

Time to pick a day and go through everything in the closets and drawers! How often do you guys sort through clothing? Like on an annual basis, or after you've lost a certain amount of weight, or what?
Old 06-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

SoHappy - about six months ago when I decided to start JUDDD, I went through my closet and pulled out four HUGE bags of clothes for Goodwill. I don't know what happened, but somehow over these six months the clothes have multiplied (I have NOT shopped!) and my closet is as crowded as ever. I pulled out three more HUGE bags a couple of weeks ago, and organized them loosely into size groups. Right now I'm wearing the largest size group and they are baggy! Once I get into the 170s I think I'll just pack up this whole size group for donation, and move into the next one.

I am not buying anything new until at least next year. And I mean it!
Old 06-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #116

Quote:
SoHappy - about six months ago when I decided to start JUDDD, I went through my closet and pulled out four HUGE bags of clothes for Goodwill. I don't know what happened, but somehow over these six months the clothes have multiplied (I have NOT shopped!) and my closet is as crowded as ever. I pulled out three more HUGE bags a couple of weeks ago, and organized them loosely into size groups. Right now I'm wearing the largest size group and they are baggy! Once I get into the 170s I think I'll just pack up this whole size group for donation, and move into the next one.

I am not buying anything new until at least next year. And I mean it!
You are so close to being in the 170s now, that I think you will be donating your current size group very, very shortly!!

This is what I'm going to do, I think. There was always that little niggling doubt in the back of my mind about not wanting to get rid of my *ahem... larger* clothes, just in case. Well, I'm not ever going back there. There isn't ever going to be any 'just in case' happen.

And in fact, JUDDD is doing exactly what I was hoping of it. I've been doing this for almost six months now, and I've designed and followed periods of both weight loss and maintenance, and it works wonderfully for both. Knowing that I won't be needing those fat clothes ever again is even good for my acceptance and resolve and happy adherence to JUDDD on a daily basis.

OK, after this feverish bout of spring cleaning is done, I'll dive into sorting through my closets and drawers! You've inspired me.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #117

I am so much improved in my head by this JUDDD plan that I did the impossible this afternoon. I'd purchased a Living Social coupon for $5.00 awhile ago. Is was good for $10.00 of ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. LOL

With company coming for an overnight tomorrow night, I thought this would be a good time to make use of the coupon. DH came with me and indulged in a cone. I'm doing a DD so just made the purchase and skipped the treat or any 'tasting'... I'll eat some tomorrow.

I am in *weight loss* mode right now, and happy to be doing well. If I had been in a period of maintenance, I'd have ordered a small cone, or maybe shared some of my DH's order, even on a DD, since I give myself quite a few more calories on maintenance Down Days. But I'm doing weight loss for the month, so I just tell myself, "I'll eat that tomorrow" and know that when tomorrow comes, I can eat anything because it is an Up Day! I LOVE THIS PLAN !!!!! LOL
Old 06-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #118

Ending the day with a bowl of sliced strawberries and half & half over them.

Total calories according to ******: 441
Old 06-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gillygum
Stats: 5'6 - 150+/132.2/120
WOE: experimenting
hey everyone! just wanted to say hi and join the thread for tips, encouragement, and to share my experience. i just started this approach... on day 4 now! i spent a long time (years) doing low carb--it worked for awhile... but, it wasn't until i stopped doing low carb that i actually started losing weight and feeling energetic. and actually KEEPING the weight off. i think everyone just needs to find something that works for them!
i gained a bit of weight from memorial day weekend... i was eating like crazy. i got up to 142 (day 1 weigh-in) and this morning was 138. not bad, but i feel pretty bloated and was 135 a few weeks ago. i'm keeping a chart of the date, my weight loss, and mood throughout this and will share as i see results! nice to meet you all and read what you've all wrote so far!!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gillygum
Stats: 5'6 - 150+/132.2/120
WOE: experimenting
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I am in *weight loss* mode right now, and happy to be doing well. If I had been in a period of maintenance, I'd have ordered a small cone, or maybe shared some of my DH's order, even on a DD, since I give myself quite a few more calories on maintenance Down Days. But I'm doing weight loss for the month, so I just tell myself, "I'll eat that tomorrow" and know that when tomorrow comes, I can eat anything because it is an Up Day! I LOVE THIS PLAN !!!!! LOL
I totally know what you mean!! Haha and I need to get in that mode soon! Usually once I hit 135 I am. And I completely agree... my little sister made chocolate chip cookies last night and I was like ughhhh!!! But then this morning was able to have one. It was great!
gillygum is offline   Reply With Quote