Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Hey there JUDDDers!

Jessica, I hope it's going well for you today. When I started JUDDDing, I was just on the verge of leaving for our annual three-week winter vacation, and had no access to a scale. I think it helped me, since I have always been a die-hard daily weigher, and I am such a slow loser that I might've become easily discouraged at first. Fortunately, when I got back home I showed a decent loss over those three weeks and I was a confirmed JUDDDer at that point.

Today, not such a good day on the scale - after a MD that seemed to hint at a slight loss, and a totally controlled UD yesterday - stupid scale is up 2#. It doesn't bother me on a deep level since I know I did not gain two pounds but on an emtional level, I was so hoping to make it into the 170s by July 1 that it's disappointing. I guess there's still a slim chance that I might release water or something today, but so far, nope. Since the weekend is going to be extremely challenging food-wise I'm afraid next week I will be even farther from my goal. Ah well, so it goes.

Oh, and Jessica - I do hope you get the book. I love Mexico! Where are you going?

I'm going to head to Virginia Beach in a couple of weeks. Dunno if hubby will go with me or not. He doesn't like summer vacations.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #362
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Penguin, thanks for the friendly support! You sharing your scale *incident* this morning opened my eyes--this water up and down stuff happens all the time, and not just to me. So thanks for mentioning it and giving me some perspective.

And I, too, am a slow loser if I am able to lose at all. Even though I wasn't yet in menopause like I am now last time I did JUDDD, I still only lost four pounds in the first two weeks, way slower than everyone else who was doing it. So I do need to temper my hopes with a healthy dose of realism!

Anyway, I'm sure your water bump up and mine will resolve themselves when they're darned good and ready. (It's funny how the body decides to grab and hold water at the most inconvenient possible time, though, like the end of the month when you're trying to determine what your progress has been. Geesh.)

I love Mexico, too! We go to Mazatlan every year because we have a time share at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, an incredibly gorgeous place. We like Mazatlan in the summer because while it's plenty hot and humid, it's not crawling with American tourists. And the seafood there, especially shrimp, is so fresh and wonderful! I love that Sinaloa-style charcoal grilled fresh fish you can get everywhere there.

I plan to JUDDD there as best I can, although my LDs probably won't be as low as they would at home.

OK, back to the laundry!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

SoHappy - I truly love this thread where we can talk about food along with the diet--for me, they are so inextricably tied together that I had a really hard time adhering to the "rules" on the other thread. I was sorry to leave it behind but much much much prefer this format. And if you want to do all that work with moving the recipes, I'm all for it lol. It is a great resource to have them in one place.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

I just wanted to report on a good find I got at Kroger's yesterday. It's a sparkling water, their brand, with Blueberry/Pomegranate flavor. It's sweetened with a combination of Splenda and something else - a tad too sweet, but not overwhelming like some, but what I like most is the really strong blueberry flavor. I'll be buying more of this - 0 cals, 0 carbs.

That reminds me, Jessica - have you ever picked up any of the "CLight" packets in Mexico? It's their version of Crystal Light and it comes in some very interesting and unusual flavors. I really liked the Pineapple Mint.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #365
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
I just wanted to report on a good find I got at Kroger's yesterday. It's a sparkling water, their brand, with Blueberry/Pomegranate flavor. It's sweetened with a combination of Splenda and something else - a tad too sweet, but not overwhelming like some, but what I like most is the really strong blueberry flavor. I'll be buying more of this - 0 cals, 0 carbs.

That reminds me, Jessica - have you ever picked up any of the "CLight" packets in Mexico? It's their version of Crystal Light and it comes in some very interesting and unusual flavors. I really liked the Pineapple Mint.
I don't get anything good! (pouting)

We don't have a Krogers here. I wonder - even if it is their store brand - if I could look for a blueberry/pomegranate sparkling water and find it bottled under another store's private label as well? I'll keep my eyes peeled for it. Always happy to find fun beverages with 0 cals, or very low.

And I've never been to Mexico either! My youngest sister loves Cancun. I know there are some beautiful areas down there.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #367

The new JULY thread for JUDDD is up! See you all over there!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #368
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Have a ?......is this an every other day thing? Example: If I start with a down day on Sunday, then Monday will be an up day and then Tuesday would be a down day, etc? Or is it 2 days up and 2 days down, etc?

I have tried to find the answer to these ?s but can't.

Thanks for the help!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote