Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/148.8/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
ladies....I'm just like you Jessica...i love to be able to buy what i need on lower days calories count with what written on the pack....it's so much simpler and faster....as long as everything is written down...that's all that counts...don't like to spend to much time in the kitchen...

SH....i haven't done much since last week...i'm lowering my calories a little bit this week...and will see the end results,at this time next week...my weight has been fluctuating up and down the same 2-3 lbs

Let's have a great week...

~~~GAETS~~~

Last edited by mommy_gates; 06-27-2011 at 08:52 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
SoHappy, that is great news about your DH wanting to diet with you. It will make things a lot easier, plus it'll be extra support. I think that great news outweighs the water retention!

Today is a down day for me. Yesterday was odd - it was an up day, and one I'd really looked forward to, but when I looked at ****** at the end of the day I realized I hadn't even hit 1000 calories. I whipped up some cream and made a mousse with whipped cream and DaVinci vanilla syrup to up the calories some. I hadn't been even remotely hungry during the day (as opposed to the down day before, when I was quite hungry), so I'm thinking it's psychological. I'm planning to have shirataki noodles and stir fried veggies later today - I bought the noodles for the first time last night and this morning I rinsed them and cooked them in the frying pan to dry them out some, and now they're marinating in a soy sauce/sesame oil/rice vinegar mixture. I'm really hoping I like them - they'll be perfect for down days if I do.

Have a great day, everyone!
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Morning, everyone! I woke up today really hoping (probably unreasonably) for another 1 pound loss, but it wasn't to be --down a whopping .2 pounds today. Haha.j As much as I know that weight loss is never smooth, predictable or linear, I approach each weigh-in in full expectation of a miracle.

SH, what fun you and hubby will have doing this together! I've never really had a weight loss partner, except maybe my daughter a few times when she was on a diet kick. It will be a nice adventure for the two of you!

Mary, I will be anxious to hear how you like the shiratake noodles. I have never tried them, but that tuna noodle salad referenced earlier in this thread sounds awfully good to me! May have to try it.

Happy Monday, friends. I'm off to record my UD brekkie on ****** (still terrified of resuming the out of control UDs I slipped into last year!)

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #334
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Morning, everyone! I woke up today really hoping (probably unreasonably) for another 1 pound loss, but it wasn't to be --down a whopping .2 pounds today. Haha.j As much as I know that weight loss is never smooth, predictable or linear, I approach each weigh-in in full expectation of a miracle.

SH, what fun you and hubby will have doing this together! I've never really had a weight loss partner, except maybe my daughter a few times when she was on a diet kick. It will be a nice adventure for the two of you!

Mary, I will be anxious to hear how you like the shiratake noodles. I have never tried them, but that tuna noodle salad referenced earlier in this thread sounds awfully good to me! May have to try it.

Happy Monday, friends. I'm off to record my UD brekkie on ****** (still terrified of resuming the out of control UDs I slipped into last year!)

Hi, Jessica. I cracked up about you approaching each weigh-in expecting a miracle. I still do that too. Or at least with hope and even expectation. I'm pretty used to the scale revealing the sad and slow truth to my weight loss.

As to DH doing this too.. well, he actually won't be doing JUDDD exactly.. more like just eating what I fix him, in the amounts I dish out for him, and with no extras. So no more helping himself to something to snack on, and no more soda pop to quench his thirst, and no more Snickers bars, etc. I never could understand how he always got away with that. It's not that he didn't eat a ton of healthful foods. It's just that he also ate so much that isn't considered to be especially good for you. But he's 77 years old, still strong and muscular, and not all that much overweight, so I guess it's just good genes.

As to the cold tuna-zucchini-shirataki salad, I love it. With the Newman's Own Sesame Ginger dressing (only 35 cals per 2 tbsp). I don't pretend to believe or try to sway others that Down Day foods are fabulous and wonderful and taste just as good as the richer foods I enjoy on my Up Days, but this salad is pretty darned good for any day. Hope you think so too, 'cause it's such a help to have foods we actually like to make our DDs a bit more humane.

And about entering even UD calories into ******.. yeah, I do that somewhat too. I think the thing that can always derail me fastest and most severely isn't going over on my DDs, it's going way over on my UDs. So even if I don't get every last morsel weighed and measured and entered on UDs, at least a good and fair estimate entered of most of the stuff I pop into my mouth keeps me pretty close. I guess for me, it just keeps me aware of how I'm doing.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

I just wanted to pop in with the verdict on my shirataki noodles. I made them in a stir fry. As I previously mentioned, I rinsed 16 oz. of noodles well and then cooked them in a frying pan for about 8 minutes to dry them out so they'd be able to soak up my marinade. They really shrunk when I cooked them -I guess they are mostly water! I marinaded in 2 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar and 1 tsp. sesame oil and let them sit for 2.5 hours. I didn't have a bag of stir fry veggies so I chopped up a stalk of celery, some yellow pepper and red onion, threw in a little broccoli and cauliflower, a small can of mushrooms and a can of bean sprouts and stir fried that with a couple tablespoons of soy sauce and another teaspoon of sesame oil. (Not your typical Asian veggie blend!) Then I added the noodles and stir fried another couple minutes until they were heated through. Assuming 0 calories for the noodles, I came up with 170 calories for half of the recipe. I ate a quarter of it for lunch (it was quite filling) and I'm saving a quarter of it for later. My 17 year old daughter devoured the rest of it. She said the shirataki noodles were strange but good, and I agree.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #336

Your stir fry sounds great. I'm a big fan of stir fries, so most any concoction is good with me.

Laughed out loud at this: "..........She said the shirataki noodles were strange but good, and I agree.........." I always thought they were like chewing on rubber bands, but once I found out about frying them a bit in a skillet, it helped a lot. And yeah, I know what you mean about them shrinking up too much if you cook them too long. They are mostly water, but I guess that's why they're so non-caloric and filling at the same time.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Well, DD must have thought those noodles were pretty good, because she came back and ate most of what I was saving for dinner. Who would have thought I'd have to hide my down day food from a teenager?
Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
Well, DD must have thought those noodles were pretty good, because she came back and ate most of what I was saving for dinner. Who would have thought I'd have to hide my down day food from a teenager?
Hope you can fine something else without too much trouble. And it must have been very delicious!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #339
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well that settles it--I'm going to HAVE to try these things!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, JUDDDers. I hope everyone is having a great day. Today is an up day for me, and I have to say that yesterday's down day was ridiculously easy - much easier than my first one. I ended up having a small bit of chicken breast (1.5 oz), plus a large serving of broccoli and cauliflower for dinner (in lieu of my "stolen" shirataki noodle/veggie stir fry). Since I didn't have breakfast, I had enough calories left to top the veggies with a half ounce of cheddar and a tablespoon of sour cream, so it seemed pretty decadent for a down day. Today will be a typical low carb day for me, but I'm already planning for tomorrow. I think I'm going to make the RFL/SH shirataki/tuna salad. All of my kids (except one who is off at camp) hate tuna, so it should be safe! SoHappy, do you think this is a dish that benefits from sitting in the refrigerator for a while (i.e., should I make it today to eat tomorrow, or will it be better to make it tomorrow)?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:43 AM   #341

Quote:
Good morning, JUDDDers. I hope everyone is having a great day. Today is an up day for me, and I have to say that yesterday's down day was ridiculously easy - much easier than my first one. I ended up having a small bit of chicken breast (1.5 oz), plus a large serving of broccoli and cauliflower for dinner (in lieu of my "stolen" shirataki noodle/veggie stir fry). Since I didn't have breakfast, I had enough calories left to top the veggies with a half ounce of cheddar and a tablespoon of sour cream, so it seemed pretty decadent for a down day. Today will be a typical low carb day for me, but I'm already planning for tomorrow. I think I'm going to make the RFL/SH shirataki/tuna salad. All of my kids (except one who is off at camp) hate tuna, so it should be safe! SoHappy, do you think this is a dish that benefits from sitting in the refrigerator for a while (i.e., should I make it today to eat tomorrow, or will it be better to make it tomorrow)?
Ha! I am the world's worst person to ask that question of, Mary. I love leftovers! Even things that people think must always be fresh, I am just fine with the next day or two. I think it is exactly because the flavors of all the ingredients blend together a bit more, and I apparently like that the best.

So, my answer is that it will be fabulous the next day. But I love it a lot the first day too, with the raw zucchini all crunchy. But it might well be crunchy the next day too, so I don't know..... (And that's my wonderful advice and help.)

And, with all that being said, I'm going to go make up a big batch of this for lunch today. You made me hungry for it. I'll see if DH likes it too. I'll bet the noodles will throw him for a loop. He's a little squeamish about stuff like this.

Just enjoying a cup of hot tea this morning. DH went to play golf in a Senior League with several of his cronies. A daughter-in-law's father passed away, so I'm going to make a casserole and a dessert to take over to the house. Their family members and relatives are gathering there.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #342

Penguin Power Donna! Where are you? Hope JUDDD is still treating you well, and that glucomannan pudding still rules!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

What is glucomannon pudding?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #344

Quote:
What is glucomannon pudding?
Glucomannon is the ingredient that your shirataki noodles are made from. In addition to the noodles and the solid formed gel cake form, you can buy the basic ingredient in the form of a powder.

Glucomannon is actually a sugar/carb but is almost entirely undigestible fiber, so no calories. It's made from the root of the konjac plant which grows in some parts of Asia. In its basic powdered form, it looks like corn starch or flour and is most often used as a thickener... hence the possibility of thickening something like unsweetened chocolate almond milk into a real thick 'gel'... loosely called pudding.

Glucomannon powder absorbs fluid like you've never seen in your life! Just a teaspoon of the stuff can really thicken a couple of cups of fluid to the thickness of heavy gravy! It's amazing.

Health benefits are that it's used for constipation, weight loss in adults and children, type 2 diabetes, blood sugar control, and lowering cholesterol.

Of course we latch onto it because it can be used to *bulk up* our recipes and thus allow us to eat more, fill our tummy, without adding any additional calories to our meal.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, girls. I have to be quick--head out to a funeral this morning.

I think after the services I may try to track down some shirataki noodles and see what I can create.

Down Day for me, so did not weigh this morning. Must run--back later!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
I'm here, SoHappy! Every once in a while, the hubster gets a bug up his butt that I don't do any real work...lol! Then he moans and complains until I help him do stuff like painting, cutting grass, etc. I swear, when I work with him I don't know how he gets anything done on his own. No wonder he wants me to work with him more often.

I'm still on target for meeting my end-of-June goal, but am a little nervous since I'm going to switch up my days. Today is a MD and tomorrow a UD so I can have a DD on Thursday in preparation for a pool party on Friday and a wedding on Sunday.

Since I am determined to not buy any new clothes until next year, I was going through my closet to find something to wear to the wedding and found a dress I liked that is - seriously - 12 years old. It drifted way to the back of the closet as I regained weight. I didn't even realize I had kept it. Well - it fits! Not as good as it did 12 years ago but close enough, and the cleaner did a beautiful job with it. It's so old it's back in style, and so am I lol.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Oh - and as for the glucomannan pudding - it is my survival food! I have it almost every evening since it is the one that I can count on to help me with my night-time eating problem.

I use so much gluc. I have it daily in a shake, and I use it all the time to thicken sauces and soups, in my superlow cal muffins and in the pudding/gel. I really don't know if I'd do half as well on JUDDD without it. I just have an outrageous appetite that hasn't diminished at all, and this stuff helps a lot.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

OK, I've got the glucomannan in my Netrition cart, along with Oat Fiber and some erythritol. Since I'm placing an order, are there any other things I HAVE to have? I might as well get it all shipped together. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Maybe consider some of the DaVinci syrups - I know around here, I can easily find a few flavors like vanilla, hazelnut and chocolate, but it's not so easy to find others. Since you pay a flat rate for your whole Netrition order no matter how much you buy, it's good to pick up some of those heavier things when you order.

I also like the Baja Bob's Mudslide singles - I use them to make up a liquid to "lighten" my coffee on DDs, and also to punch up the flavor in my chocolate superlow cal muffins.

Also, if you haven't tried the shiritaki noodles and just want a package or two, it might be good to include those if you don't have a local source and don't want to commit yourself to ordering a whole case elsewhere. I think I remember seeing that Netrition now also carries the "rice" version of shiritaki as well as the angel hair.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #350

Donna, your post about working with your DH made me laugh. My DH works better when I'm right there along side him too.

I haven't heard from the Health Foods store guy, so I'll order oat fiber from Netrition also. Reading about Mary putting together an order is getting me excited about it too. Can hardly wait to make one of those muffins that sits like a lump in my stomach for hours!

DH did well on his *diet* today. I didn't cut him back very severely. In other words, not a whole lot less than he normally eats, although he started his day off after Senior Golf with the old guys at a restaurant for breakfast. He chose waffles and sausage patties!!! He has no idea whatsoever! When I told him that wasn't a real good choice, he said he'd skip eating lunch to make up for it. I knew he'd never last 'til suppertime, so took pity on him about 1:30 and made him a big chocolate/coffee almond milk/glucomannan shake! I think he was expecting it to taste like a chocolate ice cream milkshake, but he wasn't too disappointed. It's pretty darned good. And that tided him over until suppertime.

Now he's all excited to weigh himself in the morning to see if he's lost weight!

Well, gotta' go. Dishes still to wash and the darned cat is determined to get on my lap at the computer and pin me down here! LOL
Old 06-29-2011, 07:28 AM   #351

Good Morning, Everyone!

It's the next to the last day of June. Hope you all have done well with your way of eating and your weight loss or maintenance this month. I'm not going to lose quite enough to match my goal of 7 pounds lost for this month, but will be pretty close and certainly back down at the very bottom of my maintenance range. Just don't think I'm going to make it down to a new low for a second time again this month, but this is better than my average weight loss for a month, so I feel pretty good about it.

And the month of July will start off with a week long visit from my daughter and granddaughter, arriving tomorrow sometime, so I know I'm not going to be doing 500-cal Down Days while they're here!!! I'll be doing a pretty good job if I can just hold down the eating somewhat. LOL I'm so looking forward to this visit.

Have a huge busy day today. Hope it's a good one for us all!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

SoHappy - have a WONDERFUL time with your daughter and grandbaby. JUDDD will be there when they go back home.

I caught a glimpse of the 170s this a.m. - after a MD yesterday. Scale was bobbing at 179.75 - not steady enough for me to "call" it but a thrill nonetheless.

UD today, and then DD tomorrow - so I do have a slight chance of making it really truly into the 170s by the 1st. If I don't - oh well. It'll happen. I love this attitude that I have developed with JUDDD. The rewards for me are slow but steady, where with every other diet I ever tried, I always stopped losing after a while (unless I took pills or something). Not only am I getting physically healthier - I think I'm getting mentally healthier (at least in regard to my weight lol) with JUDDD.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

I probably shouldn't even post this morning, because I'm in a horrible humor. I slept badly--woke up repeatedly with my stomach feeling gurgly and empty and miserable.

Then I weighed this morning to find a nearly half pound gain, and I almost burst into tears. That's three post DD weigh-ins in a row with no loss, and this one in fact was a bit of a gain. How can anyone gain weight on what averages out to be 1100 calories a day?

I wish it were possible to fire your body and hire a new one to stand in for it!

Still, I'll keep plugging along because I don't know what else to do. Up Day today, and I'm taking one of my former choir kids, who is now all grown up and visiting this area on vacation, out to lunch. So that'll be nice.

Later, ladies.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
..........Then I weighed this morning to find a nearly half pound gain, and I almost burst into tears. That's three post DD weigh-ins in a row with no loss, and this one in fact was a bit of a gain. How can anyone gain weight on what averages out to be 1100 calories a day?..........
Rats, Jessica! I sure know how you feel. At least I think I do, 'cause that happens to me too.

How can a week or even 10 days pass without me losing any weight? But then I do. I guess it has to do with the water that has been put into our emptied fat cells, just in case we start eating 'big' again and those cells are needed to store fat in again. And then we continue to eat reasonably, and the water gets released and... there's the weight loss, showing up on the dial of our scale.

Or for me, it can be.. did I retain a bit of water from the ham steak I had for supper last night, or did I get *totally empty* in the bathroom this morning before weighing.

On the flip side, I woke up four.. count them: FOUR.. times last night to go to the bathroom, thinking I must have the smallest bladder in the world, and this morning the scale found me to be 3.6 POUNDS lighter than I was yesterday morning! That has never, never happened to me before.

Well, whether I gain or I lose or I just maintain at my current weight, this is it. I am just not going to go back to doing any other diet plan. I like cycling my calories, even when I don't hold my DD to a real low one. And during times when I'm not focused on losing a few pounds, my alternating levels are more between just MDs and UDs, without any DDs much at all. And I like being able to eat anything I want on my UDs without being restricted by a *forbidden foods* list. I do pay attention to my calorie level on my UDs so as to not go over very often, but that's as far as I'm willing to go in having to follow rules on my UDs.

Anyway, good luck as these days go by. I really do expect your weight loss will catch up with your JUDDD calorie levels.

And hope you have a really fun luncheon with your past choir student.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Jessica - sorry you're feeling low. I wish I could hire a new body, too. I have a few great ones in mind. . .

SoHappy, you must be incredibly excited to see your daughter and granddaughter!! I hope you have a wonderful visit with them. And all I could say when I read your post about your DH's diet was: Men. They are unfathomable.

Today is a down day for me. I tried a variation on the shirataki/tuna salad for lunch today (meaning I used the noodles and a sesame ginger dressing). I didn't include any tuna or meat; my salad was the noodles with napa cabbage, water chestnuts, celery, peppers and onion. I didn't have the Newman's Own dressing, so I made my own using soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, splenda, water, garlic and ginger paste. It was pretty good, and had fewer carbs than the Newman's Own (which is good since I'm still trying to eat very low carb). I put 4 tbsp. of the dressing into the salad, which then made 4 servings. I think each serving is less than 40 calories, so I'll probably have another serving or two before the day is out. It was good, but I think next time I'll go with the tuna instead of the cabbage. I didn't hit my weight loss goal for June, but my goal (10 lbs) was pretty ambitious. I think I'll end up with a 7-7.5 lb. loss - not too shabby! I'm attributing the last two pounds to JUDDD, since my scale was stuck for 2 weeks and those last two pounds dropped in the past 4 days when I was doing JUDDD.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #356

Woot, Mary!!!!! Great weight loss for a month. You are accomplishing what I was aiming for. LOL

Truthfully, if I diet - on any plan faithfully - for a month, I'm usually pretty lucky to have lost 4 pounds. Once in awhile it might be 5 pounds. But, you know... that's pretty OK with me too. I mean, it's just going to be what it's going to be. I'd love to be one of those who can lose weight faster than a speeding bullet, but that's not me.. no matter what plan I do or how carefully I follow the plan. So now I just relax and enjoy my life.

Your salad sounds yummy and refreshing, even without the tuna. I'm thinking I need to buy some rice wine vinegar since I like Asian so much, and that is in so many of the sauce recipes.

- - - - -

OK, You Guys. What do you think? When is a month over as far as taking the final weight to see how you did toward your goal? I say that the weight on the morning of June 30th wouldn't be it, because that still leaves the entire last day to be losing...

So I'm thinking that the weight you start at the morning of July 1st is also the ending of the June 30th day (and nighttime hours too).

I guess officially ((( ))) the weigh-in would have to come at Midnight between the two dates, but we never weight at the end of a day! LOL So I'm saying the first weigh-in of any new month is also the official end of the previous month. What do you think?

Last edited by SoHappy; 06-29-2011 at 12:46 PM..
Old 06-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
SoHappy - have a WONDERFUL time with your daughter and grandbaby. JUDDD will be there when they go back home.

I caught a glimpse of the 170s this a.m. - after a MD yesterday. Scale was bobbing at 179.75 - not steady enough for me to "call" it but a thrill nonetheless.

UD today, and then DD tomorrow - so I do have a slight chance of making it really truly into the 170s by the 1st. If I don't - oh well. It'll happen. I love this attitude that I have developed with JUDDD. The rewards for me are slow but steady, where with every other diet I ever tried, I always stopped losing after a while (unless I took pills or something). Not only am I getting physically healthier - I think I'm getting mentally healthier (at least in regard to my weight lol) with JUDDD.
Your progress is really making me happy and keeping me excited about JUDDD at the same time!!! I think you will be seeing the 170s very shortly and be in a new decade. Woo Hoo!

I agree with you so much about there being something about the alternating of high and low calorie consumption that does stimulate good health! Were you aware that there are bajillions of reports of JUDDD (and maybe all strict calorie restriction plans) having a very positive and healthful effect on asthma? And I'm pretty sure I read there are studies that show people doing this plan have greatly reduced asthma symptoms and are able to use their meds/inhalers a whole lot less or just not at all anymore. Wow! But they don't know *why*. Very interesting how the body responds to various foods and quantities, etc. But who'd have thought JUDDD would have any effect on asthma symptoms at all?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'm thinking I need to buy some rice wine vinegar since I like Asian so much, and that is in so many of the sauce recipes.
Rice wine vinegar is pretty useful when you're making Asian recipes. Be careful to check the labels first - I accidentally bought a seasoned rice wine vinegar that had sugar and carbs before getting the 0 cal, 0 carb stuff I have now.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #359

Wow. Last day of June. How these few weeks have flown by. In my heart, the year is divided into the four seasons, but *summer* is June & July & August, so summer is already one third over.

Don't forget, I'll be starting a new thread for July first thing in the morning. I think I'm also going to go back through this June thread and copy and paste our various recipes and pics into our "official" (LOL) recipe thread and bring it up to date.

I like very, very much not having to keep going back and forth between our conversation/discussion/support thread here and that other recipe/menu thread every day just to talk about our foods and eating, but do think it is worth preserving that thread with the recipes we enjoy and pics, just for ease in going back to find something. That way recipes won't be buried deep within various months of discussions. OK with you guys?

About half an hour ago, DH wondered when lunch would be. I told him in about an hour and a half or two hours.. around lunchtime. He's not used to being on a diet. He gets up pretty early, usually way before I do as we are an early bird married to a night owl, so he fixes himself breakfast. This morning was a bowl of oatmeal and a couple pieces of toast. Obviously his *diet* is going to be based on reduced calories only, not low carb! I'll fix him a great big salad with lots of veggies and chicken on it for lunch. That'll fill him back up on not too many calories.

Just spending the morning getting ready for DD's visit with dear GD. And relaxing too.

Three coffees with half & half this morning. I'll have salad with chicken for lunch too. Then will weigh in the morning to see how I did this month and set a new goal for July.

Hope you all are doing wonderfully!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for your efforts, SH! I really, really appreciate having one thread where we can talk about all aspects of this plan--makes it so convenient.

I'm trying hard to regain my emotional equilibrium and soldier on with the plan. Today is a Down Day, and I picked up a few groceries yesterday and am fully prepared for it.

Mostly, I'm busy preparing to leave for vacation on Sunday! Laundry, ironing (I know, I know--ironing stuff before cramming it into a suitcause...but I'm anal that way.)

I had an Eggo low fat whole grain waffle for brekkie, with spray ICBINB and Walden Farms syrup. Wow--pretty satisfying for a whopping 70 calories! Got a tuna packet set aside for lunch. Tuesday, I made a sandwich with my lite bread by just dumping the packet of tuna straight onto the bread. It was plenty "moist" enough to stay inside the sandwich without mayo or anything, just from the juice that was in the packet, and made a pretty satisfying sandwich. Probably will do that again today.

Have a good one, girls.

Edited to add: P.S. I orderd Dr. J's book from Amazon, super cheap, and am sure hoping it arrives in time for me to read it by the pool in Mexico. Maybe I'll learn something helpful from it!

Last edited by verbqueen; 06-30-2011 at 10:12 AM..