Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #151
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Blonde- Your hair is too short--and mine is too long! By next week, I should be able to have it cut and colored so that it will look decent for my August vacation. I think it's a sign of old age when you have to be careful about not showing 'roots' on vacation

I suspect that vacation/holiday time is hard for weight watchers like us. But we do the best we can. In my experience, good DDs make up for a lot of 'sins' (in terms of eating).
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Rats, I lost my post and have to re-do.

Anyway, Redeemed, check out my thread over in hcg called, "give me a reason to continue". I started it a week ago when I was bummed about slow losses. I was convinced me to stay on hcg, but am now going to stop a week ahead of my original plan. I am not hungry, per se, but am not losing weight fast either. The whole point of doing this plan was so I could get down in the low 160's quick, use the p3 stabilization period to stabilize, then when I go on vacation aug. 4th, and be okay with adding in a few things. I embarked upon this with the idea that it was worth a shot. Most everyone around here on the hcg boards has done really well, and even the most metabolically resistant are still losing an average of .4 lbs a day. I am below that and since the calorie deficit alone should count for .4 per day, I do not see any reason to continue. 3 weeks is enough time for me to feel I gave it a good shot. My latest post on my thread explains further, if anyone is interested.
I am looking forward to getting back to juddd. I plan to use juddd principles while I go through the p3 stabilization phase. I will alternate between around 700 and 2000 calories, unless that makes me gain. Once I am done with those 3 stabilization weeks, I will do a week and a half of strict juddd until vacation on aug 4th. I may have to up my lows and lower my updays, to avoid a gain on vacation in order to keep my calories constant, but two summers ago when I had such success with juddd, I didn't diet at all on vacation and was able to lose my small gain in just a few days. The fear I have is that the hcg has messed up my metabolism even more than before, even though all the hcg folks swear that they can eat way more after they complete p3. I miss juddd, and Mark really wants me to be back doing it with him.................and I am sure he is sick of my misery over this dismal woe.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #153
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I'm sorry you haven't had success, Snaggle, but I'm glad you're coming back to us!

Not everyone has 'success' with hcg because I read just today on these boards of some people who are really screwed up. Some do a round--go off and re-gain, and then do another round--a new form of yo/yo dieting. A friend of mine suggests that they've become 'addicted' to the load phase and the brief period of swift loss that follows.

I've never "done" JUDDD well on vacation (although I've tried to have some low days), but I've been able to maintain and/or lose most of the time. I take it on as a 'challenge.'

I go on a cruise on 7 August (for a week), and my plan is to try to get to the 'low' weight of my range before I leave as insurance, but still 'challenge' myself not to gain.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Snaggle July is a new month and a good time to set goals. We will work with each other to encourage and support. Stay with us as you phase out of hcg and transition to JUDDD - WE CAN DO THIS!

Looking forward to the July Challenge Thread. Tomorrow starts my one month no goof-ups goal!

Leo Are you going on vacation?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Thanks Redeemed and Leo.
I remember our old mantra (from Kisha I believe)......We can do hard things.
Juddd is hard, but let me tell ya, hcg is even harder. I do hope that these last 16 days of 500 cals per day has prepared me to do them every other day! I do think for the next 3 weeks I will keep the spread a little tighter, in order to be closer to Simeons p3, and will keep low carb too. I pray that I haven't messed up my metabolism, and that now that with the added calories, I pack on the lbs. That will REALLY bum me out.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:20 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smardie
Stats: 250/245/215
WOE: 5.12
Start Date: 3/5/2013
Hi my Juddd group.

I did hit 226 two times, but at 226.5 and with the holiday weekend coming up, I doubt Tuesday I will be at the same weight, but you just never know.

On one side I am sad snaggle had to leave her HCG or whatever it's called, but I am glad to be on the same plan...Judddd
Have a good 4th everyone !
smardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smardie
Stats: 250/245/215
WOE: 5.12
Start Date: 3/5/2013
Oh, I do not dress like this every day . This was for a Caddy Shack golf party, just so you know
smardie is offline   Reply With Quote