Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smardie
Stats: 250/245/215
WOE: 5.12
Start Date: 3/5/2013
Hi everybody.
Mark is out of town, but I am home, with Scamp and on my second day of 500 cal with hcg. So far so good. Not hungry. I am thinking a lot about how I plan to transition from this back to a more juddd-like lifestyle. For me, it all centers around being able to pull off successful down days. When I was off plan and gaining back the weight I had lost, I was not exercising regularly, but more importantly, was not able to do good down days. My hope and plan, once I am stabilized (the 3 weeks following the vlc period of hcg), that I can experiment with down days as a means of compensating for eating more calories the rest of the week.
I just wish that for once, I could get to my goal and then focus on maintenance. The main reason I want to do hcg now is because I really want to be stabilized and working on maintenance before the fall, when I always have a really hard time trying to lose/diet.

Have a great day today ladies!
smardie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Snaggle Have you considered going higher on your DD calories? I have been doing 600 calories and find DD's very satisfying. I even forget about food during my DD's. I concentrate on very filling (higher carb) foods. I have found that the weight of food influences if I feel hungry or not. We are all different, as I know Leo focuses on protein. If I lose at that number, I will go higher to 700/1700-1800 and see if I can eek out a one pound a week loss. I am in this for the long term and want to make JUDDD as "painless" as possible. I am enjoying JUDDD more this time around than before because of the higher DD number.

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-15-2011 at 03:13 PM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Leo Thanks for pioneering the road to maintenance with JUDDD. I hope Saturday goes well for you. I am the type of person who stresses knowing there will be treats at an occassion and can end up overeating before I get there with a "What's the use!" attitude.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #94
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Redeemed- That's how I used to be--i.e., stressing when I knew it would be difficult to stay on plan so that I was ready to go off plan right away

What I started doing instead is make a 'game' of it. I don't decide whether or not I'll 'indulge' until the moment--BUT I mentally do a cost/benefit analysis to decide whether or not I'll have that cake--or rice--or anything I don't normally eat.

What I've discovered is that 99% of the time, the cost is much too high for the benefit. And I therefore don't indulge--and it doesn't bother me at all--i.e., I don't feel deprived because I know I could have it, and I've chosen not to. Moreover, the few times that I've deliberately decided to indulge, I enjoy the treat so much more because I don't feel 'guilty' or otherwise worry about the effect.

Snaggle- I would think that once you've done a bunch of those 500 cal HCG days, then JUDDD DDs would be a breeze. You'll have a rhythm and a system. Although I don't do consecutive DDs, I've been doing them so long that I don't have to spend much time thinking about what I'm going to eat, etc. It's almost automatic. That makes it so much easier, IMO.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Hi Gang,

I did weigh in at 232 this morning ( my 1st mini goal is to get under 230, have not been there for two years, so I really need to focus on my DDs the next two weeks, to get past ).
Redeemed, I made some almond flour biscuits, I was trying to make them more like bread or like an oopsie, but they came out more like a little biscuit. With 4 tbls of butter, they were not bad. I think the recipe would be great as a batter for fried pickles.

Today is a UD .
Old 06-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

1153804v7d4mkj8cs.gif Hi Everyone!

Just woke up from a solid 6 hours of sleep. I will sleep for another couple of hours before going into work tonight at 11 PM. It is unusual for me to sleep so sound for 6 hours on a DD after working nights. In the past I was unable to sleep during the day on a DD while working night shifts. My secret is weightier food in the morning before I go to sleep. A double serving of oatmeal is 300 calories, with a little Stevia Blend: 21pZCHJ7T6L__SL500_AA300_.jpg I am in Heaven!! I have also researched the top ten healthiest vegetables and am putting them in my vegetable soup to have at night. I am calling it my Top Ten Soup. I think I can claim that title for the soup, as I have not seen it anywhere else. Apologies in advance if it already exists. When this soup is pureed it is very heavy and will "see me through until my UD". I know we don't like to get into a lot of discussion about food on this thread, but I am just hoping this will help someone who is struggling with DD's, although a person would have to go higher in carbs with my regime. When I wake up I have 2 pieces of sprouted whole wheat toast (4 carbs, 65 calories a single serving) with Move Over Butter and cinnimon/Stevia Blend mix and strong coffee. I can honestly say I am not hungry on DD's.

Mark Glad your "biscuit bread" turned out! Here is a link to Dottie's Old Fashioned Southern Biscuit recipe: I have made it and it is delicious, and one of the simplist biscuit recipes I have seen: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...e-biscuit.html

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-16-2011 at 01:51 PM..
Old 06-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #97
Senior LCF member

Hi Mark- I did the same thing when I was losing--just kept trying to get 'under' a number--usually 5 lbs at a time, but it was always great to get into a new 'decade'--e.g., from 230 to 228 or so. You want to reward of a goal you can get to fairly quickly, although in my case 'quickly' is relative, since I lose only about a pound a week. You should be seeing 230 (and lower) very soon.

I hope those almond flour biscuits (that sound delicious) are for an UD because they seem too caloric for a DD--one of them would exceed my calories for an entire DD!

Redeemed-I'm much too carb sensitive to eat the way you do (as you know), but I really think the key to effective weight management is to find the healthiest WOE for ourselves--i.e., what we individually do best with. To be 'not hungry' is always my goal!

Last edited by Leo41; 06-16-2011 at 01:51 PM..
Old 06-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Leo I just hope I can lose with the higher calorie (600) DD's. After I weigh on Sunday, I will see if I need to cut back. If I do cut back, it will be on an UD because my DD's are working so well for me. And, it's important to have found what I can comfortably live with for DD's.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Mark 2 pounds down! 2092588bwjk1768s7.gif
Old 06-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Leo, Oh yes, they were for his up day today. Between the smell of his biscuits cooking AND his bacon, I felt very deprived with just my black coffee.

By far the hardest thing with this woe is not having any fat. Even on my down days with juddd, I would have small amount of butter or oil.
No question that doing this will be beneficial for future down days.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:54 AM   #101
Senior LCF member

Redeemed- I agree about cutting only the UDs (if necessary). The higher DDs are working so well for you, and it's the cycling that's key--not the specific number on a DD.

Snaggle- I don't know how you manage with Mark eating differently! That protocol is difficult enough if you're entirely alone and can manage to restrict the food in the house and the cooking.

I've been doing an 'experiment' this week to try to 'jog' my body into a lower decade, and I've gone 'fat free' on JUDDD. Basically, I'm eating fish, meat, egg whites (in microwave), and some fat-free Greek yoghurt--for variety. I haven't restricted calories, as you have. In fact, I'm actually eating more total calories on UDs.

I've been weighing daily (because it's an experiment), and I initially dropped 3 lbs in 4 days, but then bounced back up a pound. I'll let you know tomorrow how this is working (weigh day is Saturday).

What amazes me is how good I feel eating this way. I never ate 'high' fat, but I assumed that without fat, I'd lack energy and feel 'blah.' But that hasn't happened at all.

More to follow after tomorrow's weight check.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:28 AM   #102
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BittersweetRI
Hi folks! I'm going to be doing JUDDD because it seems the simplest plan to follow. I have lost 50 lbs in the first 6 weeks of the year following Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss and lost an additional 10 since then not purposely restricting calories but being really good about not eating concentrated carbs or high fat treats. Calories on RFL were between 500 to 700 per day and it was great at the time but became an emotional strain towards the end. I became quite envious of other people eating things I normally don't even like much but do contribute a little variety. I thought it was best to end that and stabilize at the lower weight before I went off the deep end =))) I know DDs will not be difficult...just like every day on RFL but instead of watching every one else eat things not allowed at all I can have some the next day. I will have to always go low on carbs because most carbs cause me to have SEVERE edema. I really don't know what's broken in me that carbs do that but I know not eating them cures it. I think about 35 of the 50 pounds I lost so fast was excess fluid.
BittersweetRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

BittersweetRI 1099131x55uln6x7j.gif

Thanks for sharing your JUDDD journey with us! We look forward to getting to know you. Wishing you great success with JUDDD!

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-17-2011 at 08:36 AM..
Old 06-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #104
Senior LCF member

Hi Bittersweet-

Since you're used to eating at a 500 cal level, the DDs should be no problem at all for you--and the UDs will be the 'treat' that they're designed to be.

My body doesn't like carbs at all, and I do this low carb all the time.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Welcome Bittersweet !

With Juddd, it almost always feels like your birthday is coming up or you have something special coming up as far as looking at your next UD and actually, sometimes I even look forward to my DDs.

Leo, I am going to try doing my work outs only on my UDs to see if it makes me less hungry on my DDs, although, there will be days I still work out on my DDs.

Yesterday, I had 1900 calories on my UD and drank lot's of water.

Redeemed, what ended up making the top ten in vegies ?
Old 06-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smardie View Post
Welcome Bittersweet !

With Juddd, it almost always feels like your birthday is coming up or you have something special coming up as far as looking at your next UD and actually, sometimes I even look forward to my DDs.

Leo, I am going to try doing my work outs only on my UDs to see if it makes me less hungry on my DDs, although, there will be days I still work out on my DDs.Yesterday, I had 1900 calories on my UD and drank lot's of water.

Redeemed, what ended up making the top ten in vegies ?

collard greens, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, brussle sprouts, egg plant, tomatoes, sweet potatoe, carrots, bell peppers. I also add daikon raddish and onion, garlic, seasoning.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #107
Junior LCF Member

Redeemed,

Love all those except bell pepper. What about beets and parsnips ?

Tomorrow is my UD and I have a graduation party to go to and then someones 50th birthday. There is bound to be cake or cookies and try as I might, I usually give in, but will see.
Good luck everyone
Old 06-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #108
Senior LCF member

Mark- I'm in a similar situation today. It's my sister's birthday, and we're going out for a special lunch (elegant place), and I hope I can avoid dessert. Then there's birthday cake to deal with! It's an UD--but I can only so so far 'up' or I'll gain

I just have to keep reminding myself that it's all about the people, not the food.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

428270sh42acnblr.gif

Mark I know beets are wonderful, but I did not see them or parsnips on the top ten veggie lists I googled.

Well, yesterday was a flop. My son and I were treated to lunch in a nice restaurant; and I'll spare you the details! I had five good days JUDDDing, so weigh day on Sunday might not be too bad.

Hope everyone has a great day JUDDDing! It's a cool breezy morning after a hot muggy night. It sure feels good to have the windows open.

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-18-2011 at 06:53 AM..
Old 06-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning Everyone!

Just checking in and I'm happy to see newcomersMark and BittersweetRI...sorry I'm so late with the welcome.

I'm doing well, hanging in as usual. I'm not weighing right now, I can't handle the up and down pounds, but I feel really good and I'm staying with the plan. Today would normally be a DD but I'm planning for it to be a medium day of about 800-900 calories. Instead of my usual chicken w/salad dinner we are BBQing so I'll have the salad w/ a higher calorie protein than I would normally eat. Nuff said.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Blonde: 369313jualw8et5s.gif Glad to know you are feeling well and staying on plan. You must be having nicer weather than we are. It was nice this morning but raining and thundering now. Hope you have a great BBQ. I am so loving JUDDD. Think We might have a BBQ tomorrow also!
Old 06-19-2011, 03:52 AM   #112
Senior LCF member

Hi Everyone-

I managed to resist that birthday cake yesterday, but when I got home in the early evening, I had a tremendous urge to overeat--which I resisted. But I've had that happen before after avoiding some indulgence.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? If so, it might be something to keep in mind--i.e., that urge to eat later on is just a reaction to the earlier temptaton and can then be more easily recognized and avoided.

For me, weight management is a process of discovering the hidden pitfalls and learning to avoid them.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:38 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Weekly Weigh-In

1353104tb1kghzder.gif

Good morning everyone!

Leo Your restaurant meal went better than mine on Friday. Good work. I agree that dieting is as much about learning our weaknesses as losing. My pitfall is going to the grocery store after work, especially when I have worked a night shift. Friday I just gave in at the spur of the moment for some reason.

I am down 3 pounds this week! That is after a very high day Friday. JUDDD is the best woe! So, my total loss is 7 pounds since starting JUDDD on May 27. I am going to continue with my 600/1800 rotation this week.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-19-2011 at 04:39 AM..
Old 06-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Hi Juddders. I hope you are all doing well. I am sticking to the hcg hard core, and doing well (down 7.5 this week, although 4 of that was "load" weight, so I am really only 3.5 less than before)
Leo-- I really understand what you are saying about how we need to really work on the mental part of restricting the urges to overeat, and identifying the hidden pitfalls. Doing these 500 calorie days every day is so similar to the down days of juddd, but without the up day breaks, so in a way it is actually like JUDDD boot camp. Sometimes with Juddd, I felt like I had a much harder time with the up days than the down and with only having to focus on the down days, it is almost easier. The beauty of Juddd, for me, is that while the downs train us to restrict calories, which is how we lose excess weight, the ups train us how to maintain. So many hcg'ers worry a lot about how to transition from the very-low-calorie days back to "normal" eating, but I am not too worried, because I have juddd as my secret weapon. That being said, I still want to use this period of "extended restriction" as a means to working on those pitfalls you mention. For me, it is getting over the concept of missing out on something fabulous (good food), and being able to be happy, and satisfied with less. I see skinny girls that seem to have no problem eating a couple of bites of something delicious and then pushing the rest away. More than anything, I would like to be able to get to the point where I am that person, and feel good about it, rather than indignant or deprived. Where it comes naturally, almost. Working on it..............................

Redeemed: I am so happy you got your "juddd mojo" back and are losing well. KUTGW!
You too Blonde!
Hi Bittersweet-- welcome to the group. I am a juddder for the long haul, but am taking a little one month "hcg hiatus", but have every intention of being back here once am done.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #115
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BittersweetRI
Hi Snaggle...I tried HCG for a round but got increased anxiety with it so I switched to Lyle McDonalds Rapid Fat Loss plan eating my allowed foods in an Intermittent Fasting way. HCG works wonderfully for many people but I was not so lucky. Both of these plan/protocols are so severe however they are not for the long term...I do think JUDDD is a very logical sensible way to move towards maintenance after completing a round of either one of these. Both help you take off weight so rapidly that you feel much better much sooner than with any standard diet. It's nice to have the energy and ability to do things that heavy weight restricts you from.
BittersweetRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #116
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-
Congratulations on the loss! I'm so happy that the higher DDs are working for you. The key to successful weight loss, IMO, is discovering what works for us personally, and you seem to be on target. I admire your perseverence.

Snaggle- I'm glad the HCG is working for you, and I wanted to mention something related to your experience that the 'skinny' gals are able to just taste something and not finish it. (I have friends like that-sigh.) Yesterday at our 'elegant' lunch, I deliberately ordered dessert, telling my niece that I just wanted to 'taste' it, and she'd be welcome to finish it (she had been undecided between what I chose and the dessert she eventually ordered).

When the desserts came, they were such teeny, tiny portions that I knew I could finish it with not much harm, but I had ordered it to 'perform' my 'skinny person' tasting. I had two small teaspoons, and although it was delicious, I left the rest. It wasn't easy, but I am practicing for the long term. I want to be able to leave food when I've had enough.

Someone told me once that the best part of any dish is the first tasting, and we keep eating to replicate that experience. But if we stop after that first tasting, we can know that we've had the 'total' experience of that dish.

Bittersweet - You were so wise to abandon HCG when you realized it wasn't good for you. I'm always saying that some plans are right for some people and not right for others, and the key is to do what's best for yourself. One of the things I like about JUDDD is that there's something in the process that has given me such insights into my personal food issues and helped me to deal with them. Good luck to you!
Old 06-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #117
Junior LCF Member

Hi Gang,

Well, I hit my 1st mini goal Saturday morning at 229 ! Then had a 2900 UD ( and cake, the last year it is cake 3 , me 0, sighs ), but I had a good low day, 400 cals and this morning weighed in at 229 !
Now my next mini goal is 225.

Way to go Redeemed !

And Leo, good job on not eating all the dessert, especially, since part of you was trying to convince you that it was just a " tiny " portion. Next time, it should be easier.

I am also, working an exercise plan, shooting for 4-5 days a week, with two of the days weight training.
Stay on the path everyone !
Mark

Last edited by smardie; 06-20-2011 at 08:05 AM..
Old 06-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #118
Senior LCF member

Congratulations on the loss, Mark!

Isn't it great that you can enjoy those UDs and still lose weight by keeping the DDs?
Old 06-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Mark 5 pound mini goal!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 501435srwwp4ek8t.gif

Snaggle JUDDD will make a great transition plan back from HCG. Congratulations on your weight loss also! Yes. I got my mojo back and am luvin' JUDDD. The reason I'm a little more enthusiastic this time around is because of the higher DD's. Normally I would lose 10 pounds the first week, but because I'm going slower it will take about a month just to get the initial water release. That will be just fine, as I plan on taking it a little slower and even upping my DD's to 700 if possible.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Next Sunday we are going out to dinner to a lovely East Indian restaurant. The food is wholesome and I believe it is made by the owners. I want to make a scheduled DD (Sunday) and Up Day. Here is my original rotation:

M DD
T UD
W DD
T UD
F DD
S UD
S DD

Do I make Saturday a Medium Day in order to make Sunday an UD?