Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Hi Juddders,
I have been trying to catch up on posts the last few days and see if I recognize anyone around here from the past (HI LEO!!)
I started JUDDD in April of 2009, after getting kind of stuck after years of on and off low carbing. I had lost and kept off 30 lbs for a couple of years but was still way above my goal and it helped me get down to my lowest weight in 20 years, although it was slooooooooooowww going and, at times difficult. I loved the flexibility it offered me and I did okay with some moderate carbs. It also helped that I stuck with my regular exercise plan. I got down to 146 on a low spike, but for the most part never got below 150-155 for any period of time. I stopped JUDDDing consistantly last fall after some issues with my mom required all my attention. She has advanced alzheimers and broke her hip.......long story, but she is stable now. Anyway, I am really out of shape and fat at this point after really not doing anything to stay healthy since last November. I really need to lose the weight I have gained back and am struggling with how to do so. I have spent the last few days looking around the LCF board and know that I need to be low- lowish carb. I am trying to just do induction right now, so I can rid myself of cravings, etc. I think I will switch back to JUDDD in a few days, if not sooner.
Tomorrow I will weigh in. I have not stepped on the scale since before xmas, which is ridiculous, but so typical of me. I am scared to death but I gotta start somewhere!
It is great to see new faces/names around this thread, although it seems quieter than I remember from last year. I miss the support I got from this place and miss posting. It feels good to be back and I hope I can offer some ideas, or whatever.

Leo- I will send you a pm, but suffice it to say, I am very thankful that you are still around.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #122
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Snaggle- So good to see you back--and sorry about your troubles with your mother. One of the difficulties in being a caregiver is not giving care to yourself.

But get on that scale! Ignoring the scale is what got me to 340lbs, and while I know it's dreadful to see higher numbers than we like (I still have that experience!), it's also motivating.

As you know, those DDs really help us deal with losing excess and having a modicum of satisfying eating on UDs. I just finished a DD, and while I would not call it 'pleasant,' I feel so physically good that the effort is worth it.

We have a similar goal--I'm maintaining now at 150-55 but would really like to see 145 by the end of the summer. Perhaps we can get there together?
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:27 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Well, Leo, I would love to see 145 by the end of summer, but my weight is so bad right now that I can probably only hope to see the low 160's by the end of the summer. I weighed in at 179.5. I am so upset, but am determined to get back to 150 because I felt really good there. My goal was 140, and I never got there, but it is still where I should be if I want to get out of the " overweight" classification, let alone look good.
It is really interesting to me because although I agree with Mark Sisson that what you eat is 90% of how you look, I am a really good example of how exercise helped me maintain my losses.
When I first started low carbing and got from 205 (may have been higher) down to around 165, I was always exercising. I gained back around 10 lbs over the course of 2 years, not being diligent about dieting........However, I was always exercising consistantly and consequently, I did not gain back too fast, and finally, through JUDDD, I got that 10lbs and another 15 off.
This last year, however, I stopped exercising regularly due to all the stuff with my mom. I went back to some bad eating habits, but nothing really out of control, just not low carb. Whereas in the last few years, the weight crept up slowly, this time it just piled on. The other freaky thing is that it is almost all in my stomach now. Basically, my body was given a triple whammy this last year with the lack of exercise, too many carbs and menopause. It revolted and looks horrible. My clothes are all way to tight and I cannot even fit into any of the stuff I bought when I was around 150. I am really committed to getting down, but just am sick about how I look/feel now.
I am back exercising again, and am totally on plan.
Yesterday was my first down day and I finished at 425 cal.

I am so curious to hear what you are doing to maintain and also to hear from others here about their juddd experiences. I am hoping that we will get this board back as active as it used to be.
HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO (echo echo) JUddders are you out there????
Old 05-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #124
Senior LCF member

Hi Snaggle-
Don't feel bad! Being able to get right back to a DD is magnificent!

Although I always exercised (swimming) even when not trying to lose weight, for weight loss I always focused totally on my food intake. I think of exercise as just for my overall health; it's helped me get off all meds for my very severe osteoarthritis.

I'm struggling to maintain because 'food issues' that I thought were in my obese past have surfaced now that I'm not concentrating on losing. I find myself thinking about 'treats'--and indulging far more than I should. My 'plan' was to simply raise my DD calories slightly (as Dr. J advises) to maintain, but I've had to keep them low because my UDs have escalated! My goal is to get back to that original plan and control those 'indulgences.' That's not any hardship because I actually feel best eating low carb and very simply. I just want to find a 'routine' for maintenance as I had for weight loss.

One recent bonus is that I'd read that strength training is good for us 'old ladies,' and I began working out at my health club on the machines. I've become addicted to them! And I seem to have gone down an entire pants size even though I didn't lose any pounds.

Actually, menopause has helped me because I was always heaviest in my hips and thighs. Since menopause likes to put weight in the middle, as I lost, I lost everywhere but my middle--which was fine--and I now look better than at any time in my life.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Hey there, JUDDDers!

Thread has been quiet lately, and I haven't helped to keep it going.

Nice to "meet" you, Snaggle. It's so great to have all this experience on the thread.

Leo, I just love reading about your maintenance experiments - they are something to incorporate into my thought processes along this journey.

I had a bad month in April and struggled to get back on track in May but I think I have finally gotten back into the "zone" and the scale is agreeing with me. I'm closing in on the 25# mark and feeling great.

Much as I HATE exercising, I see I am going to have to bite the bullet and start something. I wish I was like other people who begin exercising and say they become addicted to it. Unfortunately, despite many efforts, I never once had that sensation lol. I do like working out in the yard but now that my yard is in pretty good springtime shape, the heavy work is done and the rest of the summer will be just easy work and not what I would consider to be exercise. Walking is very painful for me so it's not a pleasant and easy way to get in the exercise. No swimming pools out here in Hooterville. But I'll find something! I did belong to a gym for a couple of years (never liked it lol) but at least I can do the machines, so maybe I ought to re-up. I'd like to consider Curves but I just wish I could get some info on what it costs before I go in for a sales pitch. Everyone I know who belongs to Curves gets it free with their Medicare and you can't find any info on costs on their site - makes me leery!

Anyway, I'm back in the groove, feeling great, losing weight, life is wonderful! Hope all is well with everyone.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #126
Senior LCF member

Penguin-

I, too, wish I could walk for exercise, but I have bad knees and a bad ankle, so my mobility is very compromised. That's one reason I started swimming (and to help my back, which is also bad but great from swimming).

I started the strength work when my last bone scan showed slight osteopenia in my hips. Because I don't do any weight-bearing exercise (like walking!), I needed something, and resistance work was recommended. I'm hypothyroid, and although scientists aren't sure whether it's the dysfunctional thyroid itself or the hormones we take to compensate, there's evidence that hypothyroid patients more easily develop osteoporosis.

I felt safe when was carting around all that weight--seriously, it's good or the bones--but now I know I need to do something, but I didn't realize how much I would like the strength work. A large part of it is the fact that I can see muscle definition for the first time in my life--AND if I can replace body fat with muscle, I might be able to eat a little more in maintenance

My sister joined Curves a couple of years ago and liked it. I don't know the exact cost, but it wasn't too much, and she lives in NYC where everything is costly. If I were you, I would go and ignore the sales pitch--in fact, I'd just insist on costs right up front without any additional information.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Leo- I am so glad you are doing weights and are getting addicted to them. I am a firm believer that strength training is the key to staying mobile later in life. I also am a firm believer in the theories of Mark Sisson regarding exercise and also the HIIT types of cardio training. I am just too lazy and have too little time to put in hours at the gym and got to my best shape ever with just two 20 minute HIIT workouts combined with 3 30 min. strength training workouts a week. I also feel that the best strength exercises are those that mimic real life activities and multiple muscle groups rather than isolated muscles like many machines do. I am now following the primal exercise concepts which are also close to the ones in the "New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women" book, which is fabulous. That plan was what I was using back in the fall of 2010, when I got to my low.

I have a question about your osteoarthritis and JUDDD. If it is better, do you think the plan, with it's supposedly specific inflammation benefits, has been the reason, or do you think it is just because of the weight loss itself?
I wonder because one of the other reasons I got out of exercising was because of hip pain and arthritis, due to an injury from a car accident many years ago. It really started getting stiff and hurting, especially when I was working out. I am now wondering if the reason that happened was because I wasn't doing down days regularly enough at that point and it caused inflammation?
Penguin Power, I am glad to hear you are in the groove and feeling good. Perhaps if we all get enthusiastic and have results, we will get more followers.

I tried to go to the Dr. Johnson website and it is gone?? What the heck?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

My two cents about curves. I did curves for a about a year, but it got really monotonous and it is a good example of what I was talking about where you are just working individual muscles rather than groups. If you go to the Mark Sisson webpage for his Primal Blueprint, you can download his exercise book for free. It is a plan that you can do at home with no machines at all, just using your own body strength and stuff like a chair, wall, etc.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
1765401r1dgjpqixi.gif Stopping by to say "Hi" to everyone. Glad to see you back, Snaggle. Congratulations on your successful DD. I was going to start up JUDDD again in June if I was switched to the day shift at work. However, I just got my work schedule, and will be working straight nights. I know from past experience with JUDDD, that I will fail miserably if I try JUDDD and work the night shift. I know JUDDD works, as I lost 30 pounds at one time with this woe. I also cannot find Dr. Johnson's website. His calculator was a valuable tool for many. Hope you all do well on JUDDD. I will be rooting for you all!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know what the deal with Dr. Johnson is. Here is a diet plan that is truly revolutionary, in my opinion, but due to his complete lack of marketing/promotion skills, has completely fallen through the cracks. I am going through some things with my own piddly little business right now and realize that in this changing world, one must really focus on search engine, website, and social media optimization to even stay in the game, but this guy must just not care. It inspires me to create a new plan, utilizing some of the prinicples and figure out a new way to market it. My problem, is that I am not exactly the poster child for the plan. Its kind of a joke because I really would love to write a diet book but haven't found anything yet that works.......... in nearly 40 years of dieting. I know that JUDDD does work for me, I just have to figure out how to overcome the tough times better.
Leo.................I would be willing to bet that you are the one of the biggest success stories of this plan. Have you ever communicated with him?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

oops-- HI redeemed,
Welcome back. Bummer about the night shift. I know that makes it very difficult for you.
I work retail and fairly straight up hours (except I do work saturdays) and have always had the most luck just skipping breakfast and lunch and having all my calories in my evening meal. Not being "carbed up" helps immensely with dealing with hunger/craving issues. I could not have done a dd yesterday if I hadn't gotten a few lowcarb days under my belt. I am going to stick with a low carb version of JUddd for now, in hopes of it working faster and also helping me with the down days. I do want to add in some carbs like I was doing before, since I know I am not giving them up forever. I need to be more careful this time with attentiveness to which ones I have on the ups cause the downs to be harder.
Keep "visiting" us...... it is kinda quiet around here.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #132
Senior LCF member

Snaggle- It's interesting that you mention Mark Sisson because I eat basically primal myself--and really like his ideas on exercise. I read on his Daily Apple a lot and post under another name. When I discovered him, I'd already eliminated all grains and dairy, and the only real change I made was to switch from peanut butter to almond butter. I don't necessarily agree with the underlying philosophy of our needing to eat like our ancestors, but I also find that I feel best eating simply as I do now.

If I experienced any anti-inflammatory effects from JUDDD, I didn't notice because I'd already eliminated a lot of my pain from following Dr. Eades' comments about anti-inflammatory foods in Protein Power. I don't eat egg yolks (whites only), and for a long time, I avoided red meat (now I eat mainly bison). Sugar is a killer in terms of pain, and I never have it. The few times that I've 'indulged,' I have a return of pain almost instantly.

The water exercise I was doing is gentle and keeps me flexible, and when I started the strength work, I was apprehensive, but I've found that I can do squats and other things involving my knees with no pain. The strength training has also helped because, as you know, the only way to 'strengthen' a bad joint is to build the muscles that surround it so that you take pressure off the joint. After a month, a couple of guys who are in the room regularly when I work out commented to me that they noticed I was 'moving' a lot better--and I felt that, too.

About Dr. Johnson--this is also interesting. A few months ago, I sent my 'story' via their website to see if they were interested in a 'testimonial' to JUDDD. I got an e-mail back from Dr. J himself, asking if I'd be interested in 'helping out' because he was planning to launch a more ambitious website that would include a 'blog' as well as support for people doing JUDDD. I responded affirmatively. About a month later, I got another e-mail from him saying that the plans were still going forward but had been stalled for a while. But when I tried to reply to that message, it was 'undeliverable.' I tried to contact him again a few weeks later, mainly to acknowledge that I'd received his message, but I got another 'undeliverable' return. I never bothered again, and it's been quite some time now.

My suspicion is that he's not a very good business man, and he may have gotten himself involved with some inept people in his effort to launch a newer and better website. I'm also wondering whether it's vanished in preparation for the new site, but that isn't necessary, so it's all rather puzzling. Perhaps he really has 'given up' on JUDDD. I really have no idea.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swella73
Stats: 230/199.6/165
WOE: Atkins - converting to HHCG!!
Start Date: January 18, 2011
Hello! I am interested in trying JUDDD with my HHCG pellets. I am R1VLCD17 and ready for a change, I have lost about 15 pounds and while I know the weight loss will likely slow down tremendously, I would much rather embark upon something that I believe can I realistically stick to and JUDDD sounds like it just might work without being SO restrictive.

Any advice? Words of wisdom? Would anyone mind posting a sample menu for me?

THANKS!!
swella73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #134
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post

About Dr. Johnson--this is also interesting. A few months ago, I sent my 'story' via their website to see if they were interested in a 'testimonial' to JUDDD. I got an e-mail back from Dr. J himself, asking if I'd be interested in 'helping out' because he was planning to launch a more ambitious website that would include a 'blog' as well as support for people doing JUDDD. I responded affirmatively. About a month later, I got another e-mail from him saying that the plans were still going forward but had been stalled for a while. But when I tried to reply to that message, it was 'undeliverable.' I tried to contact him again a few weeks later, mainly to acknowledge that I'd received his message, but I got another 'undeliverable' return. I never bothered again, and it's been quite some time now.

My suspicion is that he's not a very good business man, and he may have gotten himself involved with some inept people in his effort to launch a newer and better website. I'm also wondering whether it's vanished in preparation for the new site, but that isn't necessary, so it's all rather puzzling. Perhaps he really has 'given up' on JUDDD. I really have no idea.
Leo, that is so interesting. I do hope that the reason his site is now kaput is because he is ready to launch his new site, and not that he has 'given up' on JUDDD. I certainly haven't given it up. I think it's wonderful.

I do find that I am now alternating between about four calorie levels, and if I've had a higher UD (usually unplanned), then I follow it with a very low DD, as though I was still in weight loss mode. But if my UD has been quite reasonable and I'm happy with it, I follow it with a DD of a somewhat higher calorie level.

My daily weight still fluctuates, as always of course, but so far has remained pretty much in the range.

-----

Fun to see faces back here that I haven't met yet, ones who have experienced JUDDD previously. Hi to Everyone! Maybe this little place will start hoppin' again!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Connie,
Welcome aboard!
I don't know what R1VLCD1 is??? I know that the whole hcg world has it's own language, and I don't know most of it. Whatever it is, it is working. Great job with the 15 lbs.
What is the difference between hhcg and hcg anyway?

I am just getting back into juddd, after a year long hiatus (and weight regain) but I followed it for a long time and stuck with this LCF juddd group all the that time and even beyond that time, while I struggled to hold on to the lifestyle. I am back this week firmly committed to "'git er done" and will do my best to help any others who come join us.
We have a recipe and menu thread....................at least I think it is still there??
I am the opposite of Leo as far as simplicity of menus. (probably one of my many problems) I always make goofy sauces and concoctions to make these more palatable to me. I will share, if I get a chance.
Good luck with the plan!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:33 AM   #136
Senior LCF member

Yes, there is a menu and recipe thread that's separate (and here), mainly because for some of us, it's difficult to read about 'food' on DDs. Personally, I don't do 'recipes' and have no interest in anyone else's menus.

It seems easier if all that is in one place for anyone who is interested. It also keeps us from repeating things for new members.

Personally, I would be concerned about any 'combining' of programs--e.g., hcg and anything else. Each separate plan has components that are designed to work together to produce a result, and I would worry that combining things could be dangerous--especially where meds or hormones are concerned.

I'd advise anyone to follow the specific protocol of their plan as closely as possible.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Hi So Happy! I am happy to see other faces around here. I would love to hear about your weight loss story. It sure looks (by your avatar) like you have achieved success. Was it through JUDDD?

I was reading the reviews of the juddd book on amazon last night and it amazes me that despite all the success that folks of had on the diet.................(I couldn't find anyone who actually did the plan and did not lose weight) that it does not get more hoopla. I can say that for me, one of the biggest obstacles I had/have is dealing with the negative reactions and comments from folks who think it is unhealthy, blah blah blah.
This time I am not going to talk much about it and if I am socializing on a down day, will just eat very light and say I am doing the 17 day diet, which is the rage in my neighborhood right now. I have to laugh because it is basically like ******* and all these gals think it is SOOO healthy ie: low carb/low fat.
In fact, I laugh at so many of the diets that have appeared on the scene the last few years that are all just low carb, and often lower fat, but pay no homage to atkins, heaven forbid.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swella73
Stats: 230/199.6/165
WOE: Atkins - converting to HHCG!!
Start Date: January 18, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle View Post
Hi Connie,
Welcome aboard!
I don't know what R1VLCD1 is??? I know that the whole hcg world has it's own language, and I don't know most of it. Whatever it is, it is working. Great job with the 15 lbs.
What is the difference between hhcg and hcg anyway?

I am just getting back into juddd, after a year long hiatus (and weight regain) but I followed it for a long time and stuck with this LCF juddd group all the that time and even beyond that time, while I struggled to hold on to the lifestyle. I am back this week firmly committed to "'git er done" and will do my best to help any others who come join us.
We have a recipe and menu thread....................at least I think it is still there??
I am the opposite of Leo as far as simplicity of menus. (probably one of my many problems) I always make goofy sauces and concoctions to make these more palatable to me. I will share, if I get a chance.
Good luck with the plan!
Thanks for the welcome and the well wishes! I am going to give it a try...can't hurt - I have nothing to loose but the weight!!!
swella73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #139
Senior LCF member

Snaggle- I admire you for being able to socialize on a DD. I've only done that twice, and it was tough. Yesterday, for example, should have been a DD, but I had a breakfast date with a group of friends. and it became a MD. Today I'm trying to have another MD to compensate for yesterday, and I'm finding that I actually prefer the DD/UD combination. It's so great to eat 'normally' on my UDs.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Hello JUDDDers! Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I just got back from Vegas and had a wonderful time. I won first prize for the weight loss challenge and that felt excellent. I ate (and drank) pretty fast and loose while I was there so I am re-inducting and getting all the carbs out before I come back to JUDDD. Ketosis makes those dd's so much more bearable. I haven't weighed myself yet so I'm not sure what I regained but I will weigh myself on June 1 and hopefully it won't be too ugly and I will restart JUDDD at that time too. I'll see you guys then!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Leo-Although no one has said anything, I am sure my friends are a bit horrified at how much weight I have piled on in the last 9 months, so they will probably be relieved to see me turning away food and drink! We all talk about weight, dieting, working out, etc. all the time, so as long as everyone thinks I am doing a more "socially acceptable" plan than JUDDD, I should be good. I will tell my closest friends the truth, but am just not going to blab about it to the masses, like I did before. I just find it so ironic because if you say you are doing southbeach, or nowadays, the 17 day diet, you are golden, because those are "healthy diets", even though I am pretty sure the average calories are only about 1000 a day. I may average the same amount, with juddd, but have the flexibility of eating fat and more liberally on my up days, not to mention the other great benefits of I.F. that come with it.
In only 3 days back on, I am feeling great and sipping my green tea. I usually hate the aftertaste, but have discovered good earth brand with lemongrass and am really liking it.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jennifer-- welcome back and congratulations. I will have to go back and read earlier threads to see what your weight loss contest was about.

I totally agree about using induction for a few days to make the first down days easier. There is no way in heck I could have done a down day all carbed up as I was. In fact, I am now convinced that my up day carb levels are to blame for my whole downfal from JUDDDl. I should have gone back to induction immediately after my vacation in Dec. 09, when I was at my lowest, but instead kept attempting down days, but failing, over and over again, then finally just stopped doing them at all. That combined with lack of exercise, which led to lower metabolism (all my muscle was replaced with fat!), got me 30 lbs.
oh, the horror!
Shoulda listened to you Leo!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Thanks for the exercise tips. I will check out that site, but sigh, I just know me - and I simply do not exercise at home. Just don't. I always intend to do it. I am so bad.

I made a really good ground turkey dish yesterday, I'll post the recipe on the recipe thread - if you like Indian flavors, this is a good one.

Snaggle, I stopped talking about the diet too. People have been commenting on my weight loss and asking what I'm doing. As soon as anyone hears "500 calories" they get all closed-faced and defensive, saying no way no how they could (or would) ever do that. I have to admit I felt that way myself in the past. But now, I actually enjoy the feeling of control it gives me, and since I have found some great low-cal options (bless you, gluc powder and shiratake and oat fiber!), and gotten myself back on plan, I've been handling the DDs really well.

And here's a heads up for anyone who uses liquid egg product - the Kirkland brand sold at Costco has ONION POWDER in it! I didn't realize, and made what was supposed to be a raspberry flavored Ouizoid superlow cal muffin this a.m. and wondered why it almost made me want to puke. I never even thought of reading the ingredients. Back to Aldi's brand for SLC muffins!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #144
Senior LCF member

Penguin & Snaggle- I never tell anyone about JUDDD--only my sister and niece know, and they actually approve and admire me for doing it. My sister is diabetic, and she tried JUDDD, but, as is true for most diabetics, it played havoic with her BG, not enough food on the DDs.

If anyone asks me, I usually just say that I 'eat less,' which is true. If they persist, I'll say that I have eliminated grains, sugar, and starch (never use the term low-carb which tends to produce antagonism).

What I've found fascinating is that the people who inquire quickly lose interest as soon as I start talking restriction. I think they ask because they want to know whether I've 1) had surgery; 2) found a 'magic' pill that will enable them to lose weight effortlessly.

However, most of my friends are trim and fit, so there's really no diet talk involved with most of my social engagements (I used to work with the military, which is why I have so many 'fit' friends:-)

I'm like you, Penguin, in terms of exercise. I don't know why I don't do it at home, but I don't. Years ago, I bought a 'glider' (to spare my knees) and an ab lounger, and I've hardly used them. But I can easily get myself to the health club to work out. I have no idea why. So although I've told myself that I can figure out how to do my strength training at home, I'm sticking to the gym because I know I'll do that.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Don't get me wrong ladies, I am horrible about doing any working out at home, and if it weren't for the fact that my gym was just 2 minutes from my house and literally along my way to work, home, the store, etc., I would not go there. Mind you, I DRIVE there, (and get annoyed if I don't get one of the front parking spots) and only stay an average of 30 minutes. That being said, if someone was inclined to do so, there really is no reason that one couldn't do the entire strength training program I am talking about in the privacy of their own home.
I too, bought some sort of a gliding contraption at one point, several stationary bikes and probably would have bought a stair machine and elliptical, except that my husband is 6'3" and would hit his head on our low-ish ceilings and wouldn't let me. I think crammed in my garage is an ab-roller, jump ropes and miscellaneous weights. Oh yeah, and a really dusty bike.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #146

I've only had a couple of folks wonder about the JUDDD way of losing weight, and I just told them that I really, really love being able to lose weight at the same time I'm only on a diet half the time! That's my kind of diet! I just told them that it's sort of like I do a 'double' diet on the Down Days with really, really low calories for that one little 24-hour period, and then the following day I don't have to be on a diet at all!!!!!!!!! AND, I can still lose weight! How great is that?????!!!!! I think they were actually a little bit jealous.

Well, they should be jealous! What kind of great diet idea is this, to be able to NOT diet every other day? AND, to not have to worry about slowing your metabolism down even temporarily because you are eating so well the very next day. AND, that it may even prolong my life, and mend every ill in the universe? Or close to that.

Heading out tomorrow afternoon for the evening dinner start to the weekend of my 50th class reunion of my old High School. Started kindergarten with so many of these folks. Most of us are still around. I'm the only one who still looks as young as I was when we graduated. The rest of them look so old I can't believe we even went to school together! What I can't figure out is why they all think I look old too. I just can't see it. LOL

So all thought of any diet whatsoever is set aside for this weekend. I'm going to eat and drink and celebrate and enjoy all the love and laughter we still share, and then Monday I'll assess the damages and get myself whipped back into shape. I expect I'll need to hold to some quite low-calorie Down Days for a couple of weeks, but I think it will be OK. (And that's another thing I love about JUDDD... It gives me absolute confidence that the magic will happen, and I will obtain the results... guaranteed.)
Old 05-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #147

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Hi. I would like to join this group. I will be starting tomorrow. Keep up the good work everyone.
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Hi. I would like to join this group. I will be starting tomorrow. Keep up the good work everyone.
Glad you're aboard. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Have a blast so happy! See you back next week! When I was doing juddd before, it was always amazing how quick I could "recover" from a crazy weekend.
Your comments made me laugh because when I had a reunion of my gang from college a couple of years ago, after nearly a 20 year gap, we spent the weekend toasting how young we looked and all agreed that none of us had changed a bit.................
Denial is a wonderful thing.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
I am going to give JUDDD a try even though I'm working nights. I think if I count Midnight to Midnight as a day, it will be easier. This way I can eat at the end of a DD before I go home from work in the morning (which used to be my downfall time). I will use my previous rotation of 500/1900 every other day rotation.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote