Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Hi Everyone!!!

Still hanging in, but still dealing with family and stress and working through thyroid issues. So, my posting has been spotty, as adherence to my JUDDD plan. BUT, I keep plodding along !!! I'm at 158.4 today.

Welcome Beslimandwin!!!!!!!!!

I agree with SoHappy's post, which was full of lots of great information!! Leo also has a lot of wisdom and experience having lost a huge amt of weight using JUDDD. You need to decided what works best for you though, as we do not all succeed using the same methods, other than JUDDD.

Annie HUGS!!

Jennifer: Have an AWESOME, AWESOME time!!! Be safe and come back and tell us all about it! (Well, except for the part that stays in Vegas! )

Donna: YAY for outdoor chores!! That's so cool about getting trees from Aldi, I'll have to check them out! How is the gluc recipe creating going.

SoHappy: It's so good to see you!! Good job!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 08:33 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
RFL - It sounds like you have a great doctor, willing to work with you on your thyroid issues. So often we hear the opposite, where it's impossible to find one that takes such an interest. Yay for you!

I haven't been doing much gluc recipe creation lately. I've found so many that I like and I am just sticking with them. The gluc gel/pudding stuff and Ouizoid's superlow cal muffin have been the keys to me getting back into my DDs and I just love the texture it adds to my protein shakes when I have them.

Rain, rain, rain here for days now, and it looks like this week it's a 40-60% chance of more every day. I have a lot more planting to do but can't even get into the gardens again. My farming neighbors haven't been able to plant their potatoes and corn. Well, one did try potatoes but they all rotted and he will have to do it agian. Scary weather.

Besli - great job on your DD!

I had a good one yesterday, too. I made a huge pot full of shiratake and zucchini angel hair, and topped it with some "sugar free" Ragu sauce - nothing like my SIL's excellent spaghetti but hey, it was a DD and close enough for me and wonderfully filling. I never buy Ragu but our grocery store has an awesome sale making it like 47 cents a jar, and I can't make it that cheap on my own, so Ragu it is. The SF (which I didn't even know they made until I checked out labels for this sale) has 60 cals for a 1/2 cup.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Had a truly great DD yesterday with the two huge chocolate/coffee shakes, and have enjoyed a nice late breakfast today already. Now I'm ready to go outdoors and get more done out there. We're going to do the weed-eater thing around the edges, and DH will mow again. I'll work in the gardens and soak up some sun. Have to remember to wear something skimpy so that more of my skin will get some sun. I usually end up with a *Farmer's Tan* each year. LOL

Have a great day, Everyone! I'll check back in later.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beslimandwin
Stats: 5'3.5'' - 199.5 to 150 w/ diet & exercise
WOE: hhCG 157/151/130 - VLCD3!
Start Date: May 25 2011
Wow, I am overwhelmed with how supportive everyone is on this thread. You are all such an inspiration. I really hope I am able to use this a tool for life. I'm very excited!
Beslimandwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Hi everyone! I just wanted to report that I finished my first UD at 1616 kcals! Not too shabby! Tomorrow is a DD and I hope it's super successful!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beslimandwin View Post
Hi everyone! I just wanted to report that I finished my first UD at 1616 kcals! Not too shabby! Tomorrow is a DD and I hope it's super successful!

WAHOOOOOO!! You're off to a GREAT start!!

Good job!! Keep on posting!!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #97

Quote:
Good for you! I had a good UD today too, and will join you in doing a DD tomorrow. Let's both make tomorrow be really, really good.. 'cause then when we step on the scale the morning after that, it's So-o-o-o much fun! LOL

I have my annual physical in the morning, so I can't eat until after that anyway, so that will help make the day an easier one, and I am for sure!!! going to make my chocolate/coffee shakes again. They were so easy, and so filling, and so delicious that they just made my DD really pleasant.

Good Night, Everyone! See you in the morning.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Thank you so much RFL I'm just so grateful to have this online support system! I'm curious though, how quickly did those who are lower in weight lose weight while following JUDDD? was it consistent?

Have a great night everyone, see you tomorrow!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

SoHappy thank you! We will definitely have a great day tomorrow! What is in your chocolate coffee shake? How many cals? (sorry for any typos, typing from phone )
Old 05-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #100

Quote:
SoHappy thank you! We will definitely have a great day tomorrow! What is in your chocolate coffee shake? How many cals? (sorry for any typos, typing from phone )

Recipe is posted in the JUDDD Down Day Menus and Recipes on this forum. Only about 185 calories for a big 3+ cups of shake, and very filling and delicious. It calls for glucomannon powder, but you don't need to include it. That just is something that thickens the shake so that it is a bit more 'milkshake' consistency.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Good morning JUDDDers

Thank you RFL & Leo for the kind post I'm pretty optimistic about the exam, i'll make it !!! (it's my second time around after all )

Welcome Beslimandwin ! you're doing great ^^ You'll see, as long as you stick to the program ( :blush: which i'm not good at...), you will loose those last 20 lbs faster (and more easily) than with any other program ! JUDDD is amazing !!

I am trying a DD today again ! I threw away the leftovers and other temptation so it should work out ! breakfast will be a chocolate shake I guess !

Have a great day everyone
Old 05-18-2011, 04:39 AM   #102
Junior LCF Member

Morning everyone! Just wanted to report that I am down a pound - after an UD nevertheless! I went away last weekend and ate way too much and went from 149 to 151, however, I'm down to 150 this morning and since today is a DD I have a feeling tomorrow will result in a good weigh in. We will see!

Regardless, the plan for today is to fast until my workout at 430 (I practice Intermittent Fasting) drink my BCAA mix pre-workout and during and then enjoy a nice protein packed 500 cal or less dinner post w/o!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Lovely JUDDD'ers!

SoHappy, it's SO GOOD to see you here posting again. I miss you so much when you're gone. You bring such a positive element, ENCOURAGEMENT and wise words to this group.

Yesterday was an Up, Up, and Away Day. Yes, I've been having quite a few of those lately and I none too happy about it. I think we're getting the thyroid issue under control, I am feeling better in that department, but our family is facing HUGE stress right now and it's difficult to afford to get what I need for the DDs and it's difficult to stay on it.

Difficult, but NOT impossible! I made it to 60 pounds down, I can, with G-d's grace, make it all the way - another 40. It might just be slower than the 1st 60! But, slow is OK too.

So, today is a DD and I have hard boiled eggs ready and my re-worked protein shake with gluc powder (100 cals 1 carb for a 64 ounce container) to get me through!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:40 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beslimandwin: CONGRATS on your pound down after an UP day! That's awesome!!

You sound like you have a plan and that is a huge part of JUDDD working! The other part is sticking TO the plan and it sounds like you're off to a great start!

Thank you for sharing! Keep it up!!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:29 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Good Morning Lovely JUDDD'ers!

SoHappy, it's SO GOOD to see you here posting again. I miss you so much when you're gone. You bring such a positive element, ENCOURAGEMENT and wise words to this group.

Yesterday was an Up, Up, and Away Day. Yes, I've been having quite a few of those lately and I none too happy about it. I think we're getting the thyroid issue under control, I am feeling better in that department, but our family is facing HUGE stress right now and it's difficult to afford to get what I need for the DDs and it's difficult to stay on it.

Difficult, but NOT impossible! I made it to 60 pounds down, I can, with G-d's grace, make it all the way - another 40. It might just be slower than the 1st 60! But, slow is OK too.

So, today is a DD and I have hard boiled eggs ready and my re-worked protein shake with gluc powder (100 cals 1 carb for a 64 ounce container) to get me through!
Oh, Dear RFL, I'm so sorry you are going through this stressful and difficult time right now! Darn It, Anyway!!! Well, you just steel yourself, pray, turn your *Absolute Resolve* switch a notch higher, pray, and do what has to be done in whatever manner it needs to be done in right now. And pray. And if that means there are certain foods you can't afford right now, well then you make due with other foods. And if stress makes you ruin your JUDDD days by going over in calories/carbs, then you try again. And you keep trying. We've all had the Up, Up and Away days on occasion. And kick ourselves. We know that isn't good. But we also know that we just keep trying. And often we can accomplish a lot of weight loss just by keeping on with the *trying*, even when we haven't done it perfectly.

I do hope that your thyroid issues are resolved well, and very shortly. I know I always feel the best when my TSH hovers around the :1: mark on my test, but I don't think being medicated has really helped make my metabolism run faster and made weight loss any easier. I suppose if it were that simple, that knowledge would have made a weight loss pill a reality by now.

Good luck with your JUDDD today, with your health, your family, and your life. Right now I'm in a pretty good place, controlled chaos, but pretty much fun, and I'm keeping up with what has to be attended to, so... so far, so good. LOL

See you this evening!

Last edited by SoHappy; 05-18-2011 at 07:33 AM..
Old 05-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #106

Beslimandwin, Way To Go on your first two days! Fun to see a lower number on the scale, and although it does still bounce around a bit, even on JUDDD, if you stick with this plan and watch your upper calorie limits on your days, you will see weight loss.

Hope you are lovin' it and continue to enjoy this interesting alternating calorie concept of weight loss and good health!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #107

Good Morning, annieS! Except that I think it is Good Afternoon to you over there.

Glad to hear you threw out all your leftovers and are facing into JUDDD once again. I expect you'll be in your stride very shortly and be enjoying weight loss as you head into the lovely summertime.

Hope all is going well with you and studies and exams. And life in general! Sending positive thoughts!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #108

Donna (penguinpower), I forgot to answer your about the work I do.

I am occasionally called by a local builder to do some cleaning of new homes he's built (but not anything too hard or heavy like hosing out the dirty basement), and I do some 'detailing' for him, attending to little smudges or an unfilled nail hole, etc., and after they bring in the furnishings, I arrange some of it 'just so' in a way that I think is most appealing to the eye. There is usually one single best way to place the furniture they have on hand, so the guys place it in the same place every time, but they never pay much attention to remember where a canister set should be placed on a kitchen counter or what bowl should be placed next to what lamp next to a stack of three books, arranged just so...

It's a very part-time job, but keeps me active and 'out there' and lets me get some good exercise and earn some spending money, which is fun too. It pays better than any other part-time jobs in this area by far, which is pretty wonderful too! It's fun. Although sometimes the days can be long, and then it begins to feel really hard and tiring to me. But it can be a LOT of exercise with all the up and down, up and down, so it does me good.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
@RFL it seems you're going through a lot recently... but i'm not worried ! you are such a ray of sunshine you'll be fine, and feeling great (and thin) thanks to JUDDD will help you go through this all !!

I'm sticking to my "first in ages" DD, it's 8pm and I only had 250cal so far !!! a nice cumcumber salad and off to bed (and/or study !!)
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #110
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
Hey Girls!
I have been missing in action and thought I would breeze in! Have not done too well with JUDD BECAUSE I have not been adhering!! I am really trying to get back in the saddle. Learning to carpool with hubby who eats Burger King EVERY day after we get through working out. It really wreaks havoc with DD for me!!!!! No, really, I have miss JUDD and this board! School is out for me on June 3 and, hopefully, things will calm down. MD today!
Fixin' to go workout!
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieS View Post

I'm sticking to my "first in ages" DD, it's 8pm and I only had 250cal so far !!! a nice cumcumber salad and off to bed (and/or study !!)
Wow, Annie! for a "first DD in ages" you are really doing well at only 250 calories so far! Hope the rest of your evening went well too! Good for you getting back to it.

I do have to say..... another thing I love and adore about this *diet* plan is that..... if you fail to do it properly for a bit, it doesn't just ruin you so much that it takes a week to make your body start dropping weight again, once you've started back on JUDDD. (You may gain weight, if you're overeating your calorie limit and continue overeating for several days, but on the very first day you return to plan, you can start dropping weight again, just from being back to the reduced DD and controlled UD calories!)

Good luck to you in keeping your weight loss going! Have you shopped for a new bikini for summer yet?

Last edited by SoHappy; 05-18-2011 at 04:15 PM..
Old 05-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugmama View Post
Hey Girls!
I have been missing in action and thought I would breeze in! Have not done too well with JUDD BECAUSE I have not been adhering!! I am really trying to get back in the saddle. Learning to carpool with hubby who eats Burger King EVERY day after we get through working out. It really wreaks havoc with DD for me!!!!! No, really, I have miss JUDD and this board! School is out for me on June 3 and, hopefully, things will calm down. MD today!
Fixin' to go workout!
Hi, Pugmama! OH, My Gosh! That is so funny and horrible at the same time about Burger King... because I'm doing a DD today and have only had 185 calories so far today... and I called my DH to tell him I was heading home.

He asked me to swing by Burger King and bring him a couple of sandwiches and some fries! LOL (I can't figure out how that man stays slim.) So here I am trying to ignore the smell of those fries perfuming the inside of my car all the way home! I didn't cave in, and I didn't snitch so much as a single fry, so I did good.

But I've got to go fix myself some chicken breast very soon. I am in some serious need of some protein to curb my appetite.

Last edited by SoHappy; 05-18-2011 at 04:20 PM..
Old 05-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Way to go SoHappy! You've done so well on your DD!
I've done super well too!
Total cals:500
-Atkins Chocolate Delight Shake
-2 tbsp of half and half cream
-BCAA shake (10 cals)
-3 cups of spinach
-6.5 oz of boneless skinless chicken breast
-1 whole pack of shiritaki noodles
-quick spray of extra virgin olive oil
-3/4 cup of cucumber
-4 tsp of Parmesan cheese

I made my 500 cals stretch! I broke my fast at 130 and had a 150 cal Atkins shake and then didn't eat dinner until 7:00 pm. I then sautéd spinach with the shiritaki noodle in a speck of EVOO and then sprinkled Parmesan cheese on the noodles and chipotle seasoning. I had that with sliced chicken breast!

I'll let you know tomorrow's weighing in comes along! In the meantime I'm just happy tomorrow is an UD!!!

Goodnight everyone!!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #114

That sounds delicious, Beslimandwin. Hope you notice a weight loss on the scale in the morning. (I always think that's fun, even if I know it's just from having just used the bathroom. LOLOLOL)

Have a great evening. I just finished boneless/skinless chicken breast myself! But no spinach.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:58 AM   #115
Junior LCF Member

I'm sad to admit this soon in the game...but...yesterday's DD was more of a MD. I got a call from a friend who was in from out of town last night wanting to go grab some drinks and an appetizer. I'm thinking I ate around 1000 kcals yesterday instead of my strategically planned 500!

On the bright side...I did workout for 40 minutes doing high intensity circuit training last night burning 400+ kcals and this morning there was a little half-pound drop in the scale. I am currently 149.04!

The PLAN for today will be a MD around 800-1000 cals and I'll make tomorrow an UD, Saturday a MD and Sunday a DD. This way I can start next week with my UDs falling on my workout days.

I'm so dissapointed in myself...MUST stay positive and committed!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!

Quick update, as of this morning I was 148.6! Woo hoo!

Hope you are all doing well and reaching your goals. Bye for now!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #117

Quote:
Good morning everyone!

Quick update, as of this morning I was 148.6! Woo hoo!

Hope you are all doing well and reaching your goals. Bye for now!
Big Congrats! I'm certainly thinking that if you follow JUDDD pretty darned well, you will be looking quite slim and trim this summer. How wonderful is that?!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Thank you so much SoHappyfor such positive renforcement! Much appreciated! I really hope that is the case because I sure am ready to start looking slim and trim!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #119

Had a very enjoyable Up Day yesterday in Ames, Iowa, where DH had a fun reunion get-together with folks he grew up with and graduated high school with so many years ago.

We arrived a few minutes late, as the old 'codger' classmate who passed the meeting info on to DH didn't have his times quite right (LOL) so most everyone except us and *Old Codger* were already there and seated for the big midday meal. As we approached them, but still from a distance, I thought, "Well that can't be the group. They're all a bunch of elderly people!" but, of course, that was our group.

--

So today is a DD, and it hurt this morning when DH wanted to breakfast up at the French restaurant, but while he had their fabulous quiche, I just had coffee w/half & half, and that was delicious, so felt like I had a bit of a treat too. Time to make my lunch.

Hope you all are having a great JUDDD day!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #120
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
Had a pretty good DD so far...will workout after work and pray that Burger King doesn't get to me!!! Hope everyone is doing good!!
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote