Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneilnomore View Post
Have fun Blonde!!!!

Good Morning! I am a happy girl this morning. I reached my mini-goal of 250 this morning. I actually had it yesterday but wanted to wait to claim until after an up day so, I'm sure it'll stick. Down Day today and getting closer and closer to my Las Vegas Goal. 8 more days to go and I can barely sleep, I'm so excited. 4 days and 3 nights with dh and best friends. I so need this vacation. Also looking forward to getting my hair and nails done next week. I've lost 47 lbs and need a little make over. Ok, crazy month at work so I better get started. Have a great day today!
WOW Jennifer!!!!!!!!!!
That's AWESOME girl!
Great job!!

I hope you have a FANTASTIC vacation!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Thank you RFL! It's a good day. Had breakfast, lunch, two snacks and still have 150 calories for dinner. I like these kind of down days.
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoooo hoooooo Jennifer! That sound like a wonderful DD!!

I'm having a good day as well. Still off the thyroid meds and after a really high carb day yesterday, I'm staying pretty low cal and carb today. That's the beauty of JUDDDD, a couple a good DDs do wonders!!
Old 05-12-2011, 04:46 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Just wanted to pop in this morning and say HI. Sounds like you all are doing good things for yourselves still and that JUDDD is working its wonderful magic for you.

I'm tightening up a bit on my calories on DDs as I've gained above my upper maintenance limit and am hoping to be able to keep my UD calorie level, so we'll see if that is enough to bring the weight back down.

Off to the kitchen to prepare today's Down Day foods! Hugs to you all!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning SoHappy!

I'm glad you popped in!! I have no doubt you'll be back to your fighting weight very soon since you know how to let JUDDD work for you!

I miss you! It's just not the same without your sweet, encouraging presence and wisdom!
Old 05-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

I have been struggling these last two days. Yesterday was an up day and I just ate and ate. My calories were just under 2000 but i have been trying to keep it in the 1500-1600 range. I'm not sure what happened, I just really wanted fat. I didn't eat tons of things but what I did eat was very calorie dense. Today I am hating my down day. I started the day with greek yogurt, thinking that there would be enough protein but I just should have stuck with eggs. I'm just so hungry today. Ugh. I feel like I want to go to sleep as soon as I get home so I don't have to feel like this all night. Wish me luck, I need it.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Jennifer! I'm so sorry!

I think we all have days (sometimes more than one!) like this. My hunger goes up and down and some days I could eat the paint off the walls!!

Hang in there! The great thing about JUDDD is that it's only one day and then you can relax a bit!

Have you tried drinking? Water? Something warm? Have you tried the microwave chocolate egg? That fills me up!

It's almost over! The UP day will be here soon! Hang on and remember, THIN feels better than anything tastes!
Old 05-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

what is a chocolate microwave egg?
Old 05-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Thanks RFL! I caved and had a cheese stick just to get me by until I get home and then I will have to find something to do to keep busy. I'll be close to 600 calories after dinner but it's better than going crazy and eating everything in site.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jennifer,

Mine is simply 1 egg, 1 TB unsweetened cocoa and a dash of stevia in a coffee mug. Nuke for 1.5 minutes or until no longer wet.

Here's a great thread with LOTS of variations on the ones posted.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...g-creator.html
Old 05-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks RFL! I caved and had a cheese stick just to get me by until I get home and then I will have to find something to do to keep busy. I'll be close to 600 calories after dinner but it's better than going crazy and eating everything in site.
Cheese stick was a good choice! You gotta do what you gotta do!! I think it's great to be at 600 cals when you're this hungry. Pat yourself on the back Jennifer!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's another version I found. I don't use FF products, but I thought you might since it's low cal:

Note: Carbkinky's Low Fat Version
Used 1/4 c eggbeaters, 2TBS fatfree half and half, 4 drops Sweetzfree and the cocoa,vanilla. Nuke 1 min in a little souffle dish. 90 calories and 8 net carbs.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the recipes! I need ro get cocoa powder and then I will try it.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Had a great Juddd weekend. I was busy with moving my office so I was able to stay within my calorie limits. Havent seen big weight loss this week but Ive stayed on plan and thats a success in my book. I had a couple of rough craving days but I came through. How are the rest of the juddders doing?
Old 05-16-2011, 07:49 AM   #75

Having a Down Day today, and had a wonderful chocolate/coffee beverage for breakfast, which I'll post the recipe for on the recipe thread. 185 calories.

We all must be busy as all get out this spring. Little posting going on here. LOL I know I'm trying to keep up with the work I do with the builder, and that always picks up in the spring, and then I'm trying to get the gardens around here cared for, and that is so late getting attended to this year! All the cold and gloomy, rainy weather has really put all the planting of flowers, etc. behind!

I slept in this morning, though, and only just now have the kitchen cleaned up, so off to get a bit more housework done while I wait for the outdoors to warm up a bit more. Then more gardening this afternoon.

Hugs to All! Have great and productive JUDDD days on your way to becoming slim and trim, healthy and lovely!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
I hear ya, SoHappy! The past week or so has been all about outside for me. I took over the lawn tractor duties from my DH, so I've been mowing and using the grass for mulch. We are still in a semi-swamp state around here with so much rain we might as well be living in Seattle lol. I figure we'll have a drought the rest of the summer since we've been complaining so much about the rain now.

I love Aldi's - I bought two beautiful red maple trees and six rose bushes there! They don't often have outdoor plants but when they do the prices are awesome and the quality always top-notch. I planted the rose bushes but still have to figure where I want the trees. We have like 124 acres and I don't have any place to plant them...lol. Gotta be very particular due to all the four-legged varmints that would love to make an expensive snack of my trees. I've already conceded defeat with veggies.

I have had a hard time getting back on track with JUDDD after April, but I think I have it under control now. I regained my fighting weight stat, but seem to be going up one on the UD and back down on the DD. I am going to switch from M/W/F set UDs to a straight every-other-day for a while to see if that helps.

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
P.S. SoHappy, I always mean to ask - what type of work do you do with the contractor? Do you do staging? If so, I need some tips!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beslimandwin
Stats: 5'3.5'' - 199.5 to 150 w/ diet & exercise
WOE: hhCG 157/151/130 - VLCD3!
Start Date: May 25 2011
Wanting to start JDDD for last 15 pounds!

Hi everyone!

I would really like to start this but I am having some trouble locating/accessing the calculator to determine how much I should eat on "up days".

Would anyone be able to help me out?

I am 23 year old female, 162 cm's or (5'3.5) As of this morning my weight was 151.
I work out 6 days a week (circuit training for 4 of them, pole dancing for one of them and Zumba for one of them) however, I also sit at a desk all day in an office and do little moving daily other than my workouts. I would determine my activity level as low.

I'm not sure what he would say I would eat...Also, how do the eating days go for UDs, DD, MDs?

I also practice LC and Intermittent Fasting in a 16/8 style.

I am just so sick of being suck between 147-151!

Any help would be super duper appreciated!
Beslimandwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beslimandwin View Post
Hi everyone!

I would really like to start this but I am having some trouble locating/accessing the calculator to determine how much I should eat on "up days".

Would anyone be able to help me out?

I am 23 year old female, 162 cm's or (5'3.5) As of this morning my weight was 151.
I work out 6 days a week (circuit training for 4 of them, pole dancing for one of them and Zumba for one of them) however, I also sit at a desk all day in an office and do little moving daily other than my workouts. I would determine my activity level as low.

I'm not sure what he would say I would eat...Also, how do the eating days go for UDs, DD, MDs?

I also practice LC and Intermittent Fasting in a 16/8 style.

I am just so sick of being suck between 147-151!

Any help would be super duper appreciated!
A couple of things that might help us offer suggestions... do you have any idea of the calorie range you ate at to lose your weight down to the present? Did you track your calories enough to know whether you ate closer to 1,200, or 1,500, or 2,000.. as an example.

Were you ever quite heavy at the top of your weight gain? That might give us an idea of whether your metabolism was/is really, really sluggish and allowed you to gain a very great deal, or whether it was still running at a somewhat reasonable clip and it didn't allow you to gain all that much.

My belief is that the calculators for figuring our calorie needs are really geared a lot more to 'regular' people who have decent metabolisms, and for those of us who got fat and needed to be here... sadly, we just can't eat at those higher normal calorie levels and still expect to lose weight or maintain our weight. Even when we are fairly active. Rats!

You can go to ****** or any other diet site to figure out your requirement, but it's just as easy to start like this: 1,500 calories on your Up Days. 500 calories on your Down Days. And 1,000 calories on your Medium Days. These numbers give you an average of 1,000 daily calories, without you having to hold your food consumption to that every single day, and it has the advantage of being able to cut your overall calories low without triggering your metabolism into slowing down. Because those Up Days keep it goaded up. One of our members here, RealFoodLiving, used those numbers as her model, and has lost weight well at that level.

Potentially your normal daily calorie needs could be less than 1,500.. but that is truly an unusual circumstance.

After a couple of weeks at these numbers, you should be seeing good results. If not, you can always cut your Up Days down a bit.. even cut your Down Days down a bit too, but I rarely did.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #80

Oh, and this is how to use your UDs, DDs, and MDs.

If I don't have anything coming up, I just alternate UDs and DDs. Day after day after day... UD, DD, UD, DD..... and then if I have a party to go to and that day is going to fall on a DD, I won't like that! So I tuck a MD into the rotation, so as to change that day of the Big Party to an UD instead of the DD that was going to be happening on that day.

Others here do M-W-F as Up Days, and T-Th-Sat as Down Days, and make Sunday a MD.

Or whatever schedule will work best for you. Just remember to alternate your days so that a high day is pared with a low day and the calories average out to be in the 'dieting' range. And don't do two DDs in a row, back to back, as you don't want to trigger your metabolism into even a mini-slowdown.

---

It is recommended that you don't exercise on DDs because of the lack of calorie energy. Since you exercise 6 days each week, you might have to figure your most active workout activities for your UDs and a MD, and then go easy on any workouts that fall on any of your DDs.

I could and did exercise on DDs, but others feel that they just don't have the energy to make the exercise period be very effective anyway. You'll just have to see if it works for you, and how it will need to work for you.

Good luck. Lots of great folks here, and we go through spurts of posting here like crazy and then getting busy with things in our lives and not getting on here to post for awhile. But if you have further questions, ask away. There's always somebody stopping by.

Hope you love JUDDD as much as I do. I've never known of any other way of eating that allows me to eat anything I want within my calorie limit with NO forbidden foods!!! every other day.. and still be actively on a weight loss diet! Amazing! LOL
Old 05-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #81
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I would not advise a healthy, 23-year-old to average 1000 cal!

(Please keep in mind that RealFoodLiving is post-menopausal, hypothyroid, and diabetic--that's very different.)

This is especially important because she's trying to lose her final 10 lbs. Please keep in mind that the level you're losing at will be close to what you need to do to maintain--otherwise they'll be an immediate 'rebound' in terms of weight gain.

The poster should figure out her UDs based on the calorie level she's currently eating (create that average with 500 cal DDs). Calorie cycling should enable her to lose even though she's still eating at the same calorie level overall.

But I would also warn her about working out on DDs. Dr. Johnson advises against it. Some of our JUDDDers have done it, but some have found it too strenuous for 500 cal.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I would not advise a healthy, 23-year-old to average 1000 cal!

(Please keep in mind that RealFoodLiving is post-menopausal, hypothyroid, and diabetic--that's very different.)

This is especially important because she's trying to lose her final 10 lbs. Please keep in mind that the level you're losing at will be close to what you need to do to maintain--otherwise they'll be an immediate 'rebound' in terms of weight gain.

The poster should figure out her UDs based on the calorie level she's currently eating (create that average with 500 cal DDs). Calorie cycling should enable her to lose even though she's still eating at the same calorie level overall.

But I would also warn her about working out on DDs. Dr. Johnson advises against it. Some of our JUDDDers have done it, but some have found it too strenuous for 500 cal.
That's a good point, Leo. Although I do notice so many here - even among the young women - who just can't eat at those higher calorie levels and lose weight. But that may be where the JUDDD program will be a help for sure. Maybe higher calories. That will be wonderful.

I guess my worry was that for a young woman of just over 5'-3" to have become almost 200 pounds, I was kinda' taking that as a strong sign that her metabolism isn't that of a 'normal healthy 23-year-old', as you put it.

But I expect she will come up with a good Up Day calorie level for her to try just by going to some of the sites. I'm certain she will come in at higher than the 1,500 a day. But I always took those numbers to be for the folks with metabolisms that work at a normal rapid clip. I always think somehow most of us have metabolisms that don't work very well. LOL

I wish her all the good luck anyway, whatever level she finds works well for her!

Last edited by SoHappy; 05-16-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Old 05-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #83
Junior LCF Member

I want to thank you for your support. Your insight is greatly appreciated. I want to write a longer response but I am writing this right now from my phone and I don't want my reply to be laden with spelling mistakes and poor grammar! LOL

However, to clarify a few things I lost 50 Pounds 3 years ago with weight watchers by eating well and frequent exercise. I then met my boyfriend (who I am still with) and over the course of the first 1.5 years of out relationship I fell back to my horrible BINGE eating behaviours and went from 150 to 181. In October 2010 I finally realized what I had done and committed myself to getting back down to where I was. In March I reached 149! This was done through diet and exercise. I do not think I have a hard time with my metabolism, I think I am just highly addicted to carbohydrates, which leads me to binge heavily. When I follow proper caloric intakes I achieve weight loss success. After thorough research into Gary Taubes and Dr. Eades I have been convinced that eating LC for life may be what I need to combat my disordered eating. I am very good at committing to things and I think JUDDD just might be the answer.

Today was my DD so i will update you on my progress tomorrow!

Thank you again!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #84
Senior LCF member

You mention that you've done IF--have you had any problems with bingeing with IF?

I ask because some of our JUDDDers who have a tendency to binge have found that the calorie restriction of DDs brings on binge behavior. But that isn't true of everyone.

You might want to be aware of it if it becomes a problem for you.

One of our members who can't do a 500 cal DD without bingeing, cycles calories but uses a higher number (i.e., less difference between her days in terms of calories but still low/med/high). Just to let you know that there are alternatives.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #85

Looking forward to your report in the morning! Hope this first DD is a very successful one for you! Yay! You're off and running!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

I just wanted to pop in and tell you that I am stepping away from juddd...temporarily. Im going to vegas on friday and will be practicing low carb but im sure some poor choices will be made. When i get back I am going to reinduct for two weeks to get back into vlc mode and then I will start JUDDDing again. Ive got quite a network of support to help keep me on my path. ill see you guys in three weeks!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #87

Quote:
I just wanted to pop in and tell you that I am stepping away from juddd...temporarily. Im going to vegas on friday and will be practicing low carb but im sure some poor choices will be made. When i get back I am going to reinduct for two weeks to get back into vlc mode and then I will start JUDDDing again. Ive got quite a network of support to help keep me on my path. ill see you guys in three weeks!!!
Have a wonderful time. I wish I were going with you!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:39 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
hello everyone, a quick Bonjour to all of you lovely JUDDDers !

I'm still struggling to JUDDD as i'd like to... I tried to have a DD yesterday (first one in a week) and it ended up being a MD... My main problem is that between now and my final exam I am staying at home most of the time, and at home there's way to much temptation.... yesterday my DD was fine until i got home (around 6pm) to find the leftovers of sunday's party everywhere in the house.... this was way to dangerous !!!

Anyway, I'm still between 59 and 60kg so i'm actually really glad i didn't put anything back on ! Hope I can JUDDD soon though

Have a nice day
Old 05-17-2011, 03:06 AM   #89
Senior LCF member

Oh, Annie, I could not manage with 'goodies' in the house! I think you did great to even have a MD.

I also remember (not fondly) the stress of exams, and my advice would be to do the best you can. Beware of 'mindless' nibbling, which always affected me when I was studying intensely.

Keep things like hard-boiled eggs and celery sticks around if you want to 'nibble.' They are fairly self-limiting (unlike nuts or cheese that we can eat into the thousands of calories!).

Not gaining is always a victory--especially in times of stress when weight loss is too challenging. So think positively, and good luck with your exams.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!

My first DD with JUDDD is complete! I finished the day with a grand total of 440 kcal.
Since I practice Intermittent Fasting, I am able to consume my 500 calories all at one time. I find allowing myself to have them all in one meal makes it much easier.

I had:
-A roasted chicken thigh with skin and bone (270 kcal)
-2 cups of mixed greens (18 kcal)
-1/4 of oz of roasted/salted almonds (40 kcal)
-1/4 of oz of roasted pistachio
-1 tbsp of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (70 kcal)

For those who are worried about exercising with 0 food, I take 9 grams of BCAAs 15 mins before my workout and sip it throughout. Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) are needed for protein synthesis and muscle maintenance, growth, and repair. They can also help you get enough of the essential amino acids in your diet. Most importantly, BCAA is used before fasted workouts to prevent catabolism. It also provides you with energy to get through your workout. I actually enjoy fasted workouts. I feel like I can push myself harder!

So today is an up day and I am going to consume 1600 kcal. Thank you so much Leo41 and SoHappy, your insight is very much appreciated!