Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Hi everyone!!!!!!

Good to see y'all posting!

HOw's it going?

I'm doing a DD today and getting ready for my weekend away. We won't have "good" food, so I'll have to make due with what's there. Hoping the damage is not too bad!

Next 2 days will be pretty low in preparation.

Have a great JUDDD day y'all!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Gwen, I use the ********* droid app and it tells me 43 calories per ounce.
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:30 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Good Morning

I had a good DD yesterday. I am off to work and meals are planned.

Have a great day everyone!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:54 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning JUDDDers!!

Jodi: YAY GIRL! You're jumping back in! How are you feeling?

Gwen: I'm glad to see you are feeling better after being sick. How's it going tody?

Jennifer, Annie, SoHappy and all you lovely JUDDDers, drop in and say HELLO once in awhile! We miss you!!

Yesterday's DD went well until about 9PM, but still was not a total loss. Scale was good this morning. Going for a MD today and then off for the weekend.

See y'all Monday! Have an awesome weekend!!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning! Up day for me today. My down days seem to be very manageable. Focusing on protein and veggies really works for me along with an afternoon snack of fruit and yogurt. I have lost a little over 9 lbs since I started doing JUDDD two weeks ago. I am trying to lose as much as I can in the next two weeks because I expect I will gain while on vacation. Afterwards, I'll be eating more calories to try and keep the weight no more than 2 to 3 lbs per week. Of course, that's only if this rapid weight loss continues, It could be a fluke. And last week I started my TOM so I was bound to lose several pounds from the water weight alone. I don't want to analyze too much, just keep doing what I've been doing and thats the 500/1000/1500 combo that seems so popular.

Gwen: How did your first down day go? Did you exercise as planned?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning! My, this thread has been quiet. Where is everybody and how are we doing? Down Day today for me. I'm not quite as prepared as I usually am but I'll just need to get through it. Office party today with cheesecake factory. Yikes. I think I'll take that time to go to the bank. Ok, You guys have a good day today.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Hello there

I'm still here RFL, don't worry... it's just that i feel so bad about my eating that i only read the thread and i'm afraid to post ...
Once again, I only managed to have 1 DD this week, plus I had few high carb meal and now I'm binging like crazy I mean, I try not to but it might be the exam stress, i absolutely can't control myself... I feel so bad, you can't imagine (or yes, you probably could !)
I understand the carb addiction so well now ! (I never felt it so strongly till now) the more you eat carbs, the more you want. it's really nasty isn't it !

I'll try to stay LC tonight ... I might need some surveillance ^^

have a good weekend all, and be a stronger JUDDDer than me
Old 05-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #38
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Annie- Keep posting no matter how you're eating. It helps in the long run.

I'm sure it's the stress of exams--I react the same way to stress. It might help if you keep a lot of low carb things around to 'munch' on because, as you point out, eating carbs just leads to more and more eating.

Remind yourself that one DD is better than none! Look at the positive!!
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
thank you Leo

I keep on pretending i'm not freaking out but i maybe am... it's my second (and last) chance at the diploma, I know i'll be a conference interpreter whatever the result but still... pressure is huge !

Anyway, tonight I had a LC pizza (made from linen seed) so in a way I had comfort food but didn't binge

now i should go to bed, i have classes tomorrow too...
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #40
Senior LCF member

Good luck with your studies, Annie. Keep in mind that our best is all any of us can do. We just have to hope for the results we'd like.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Annie!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rae33
Stats: 237/189.6/168
WOE: low carb/SCD/primal
Start Date: January 2011
Hey guys, I'm still here- really! It's just taking me a little longer to get it together than I thought. Still trying to get my head wrapped around the idea and how to really make it work for me. I'm getting there though and you guys are inspiring me.

I am also going on vacation soon- 4 weeks from tomorrow- so my plan is to commit to those 4 weeks to test the waters and see what it's all about- and drop some pounds! Will report back soon
rae33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #43
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm FINALLY back online after picking up a virus or something. I was able to pick up my computer from the repair shop this afternoon, sooner than I even expected them to be able to get it cleaned up. YAY! (Other than the $$$ it cost me to get the computer fixed. Boo.)

Sounds like everyone has been doing a good job, and we have some new faces too. I'm still doing my JUDDD, with UDs at about where they have always been and DDs quite a bit higher than I used to have them, but I may have to back off of that higher calorie amount since my maintenance weight is creeping up again. Rats!

I wish there seemed to be an exact calorie amount and it would never vary. It would be so easy then. But some days are so active and some aren't. Some days I'm so hungry and some days I'm not so very hungry at all.

But, anyway, I'm going to lower my DD calories again and see if that will be enough to ease back a couple of pounds and continue to maintain.

I found the most fun shop today, just by accident. It was near the computer shop. This place is called JoJo Oriental Store, and was filled with foods I've never even heard of, imported from all over Asia and also from the Mid East. Tomorrow I will be trying something new.. pickled bamboo shoots with chili. I'm expecting it to be something tangy and spicy hot, but we'll see. Only 5 calories. LOL Worth a try!

I've been working these last few days with the builder I help some. Getting one of the houses ready to sell. We didn't even have to bring in much furniture.

And finally some warm days here, so have been working in the gardens here to try and get some gardening caught up. Most years I have all the bedding plants in and all the planters done by now, but not this year. Everything is late.

Glad to have my computer up and running again. Glad to be back! It's going to be a DD tomorrow for sure! And it's got to be a really down DD too!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:09 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

I am saying good bye again!! I am wishing you guys great success. This plan is not for me. I have to many eating issues that rear their ugly head when I restrict times and foods. I am going to strive the next month not to lose weight but to find some balance. I know I can do it because I have done it before. I will stay vigilant in finding what will work for me. Being over 40 has really changed my body. I need to take some time and learn it.

Thank you all for your support. Good Luck!!
jodi

Last edited by JKat; 05-07-2011 at 04:11 AM..
Old 05-07-2011, 04:20 AM   #45
Senior LCF member

I fully understand, Jodi. You may recall that we've had others on this board who had problems with restriction causing them to overeat, etc. We all have to do what works best for us, and sometimes it takes time to find the right balance.

I'm still struggling with maintenance, but I've had to do some super-low DDs to compensate for unexpected overeating, and that's not how I want to maintain. I've discovered that maintenance involves a steep learning curve

Come back and let us know how things work out for you. Who knows? I may need your advice if I can't get a handle on all this.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:15 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Leo!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Happy mother's day in advance, everyone!

Since we don't have kids, I always host a mother's day get-together for my immediate family members, so I won't be able to shout out tomorrow.

After a rough April, I'm finally back to where my profile says I was before all the festivities, vacation, etc. began. All in all, although April was a "lost" month, I'm pretty pleased with how JUDDD has helped me. I definitely did not gain as much weight as I would have during my several indiscretions, and it definitely came back off fairly quickly. I think it's helping my metabolism even out somewhat.

I also learned that I absolutely MUST stick to LC on my UDs or else I go nuts. Since I love eating LC that is not a hardship.

Good luck with your studies, Annie - you can do it!

Glad you got rid of that virus, SoHappy. A pox on those who think it's funny to infect our computers.

I had a good DD yesterday. I made a weird concoction to use up some veggies I had bought at the asian market - a strange mixture of baby bok choi, some other asian green I don't know, enoki mushrooms, garlic and shiratake noodles, all smothered in a gluc-thickened broth I made using these AWESOME porcini mushroom bouillon cubes I found at the Italian market. The broth saved the dish. The mushrooms are very strange and while I liked the taste and texture of them, I didn't care for their smell (and I am a mushroom lover). The dish was very filling though! And I am in love with the porcini mushroom bouillon.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

JKat, sorry to hear this wasn't for you. I had a similar experience with IF. Best of luck to you.

Sohappy, it's nice to see your smiling face again!

I am having a super lazy day. It's supposed to be an up day for me but I'm making it a medium day so I can have my annual mother's day breakfast tomorrow (homemade eggs benedict).

Happy Mother's Day to the mommies!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone!!!!

We just got back from a wonderful 2 days full of graduation ceremonies and festivities for our eldest daughter who graduated Summa Cum Laude with a perfect 4.0 GPA (the highest GPA in her entire college graduating), Valedictorian and honors student with a successful senior thesis. WOW, what whirlwind!

One of the days there was a total LC wreck as we were limited in what we could eat and then the next was much better. I knew there would be challenges, but I did not expect there would be nothing I could eat on LC eating!

But, I'm back on track today and hope to do a DD tomorrow. We'll see. I'm like Jodi and Annie in having some trouble with binge eating taking me over. So, we'll just have to see.

Hi Annie!! HUGS to you! You are going through such a stressful time, please come and let us be here for you, no matter HOW you are eating!! Maybe we can offer some encouragement or suggestions.

Jodi: I will miss you, but I surely understand as I deal with some of the same binge eating challenges. You need to do what is best for you.

SoHappy: I'm so sorry you had to deal with that computer virus! Those things scare me and I'm glad you are over the "virus" and sorry it cost you money! Thanks for sharing, I've been missing your posts and glad to catch up with what's happening with you. You know what to do and how to do it! I'm excited to read about your Oriental shopping excursion, that sounds so amazing!

Donna
: Whooo hoooooo! What a great post! You inspire me! I'm so glad you are back on track!

Jennifer: You sound like you are doing great! KUTGW!

Been eating HB eggs today and some protein shake. Other than that, I had to have a full-sugar peppermint this morning when I was stuck in the graduation ceremony, I had not slept or eaten and my blood sugar was dropping. Besides that, the rest of the day has been great!

Have a wonderful evening y'all!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Mother's Day sweet ladies!!!!!!!

How are y'all doing?

I was VERY surprised to get on the scale this morning (even after not being able to eat on plan while away from home) and see that I had lost a pound from my pre-vacation weight. YAY! SHOCKED is more like it! LOL!

Still 2 pounds above my lowest from a week ago, but I feel confident I'll be back there in a couple of days (as long as I can stay on plan!!).

I believe I have found a BIG reason why my hunger has been out of control and it's been so difficult for me... it appears as if my thyroid medication needs to be adjusted down. I am displaying symptoms of over-medication with the thyroid medication and the lab tests last month gave us that indication. However, I asked my dr if I could NOT reduce my meds at that time because my symptoms were not in line with over-medication. He agreed, but now I feel that the symptoms are confirming the labs results.

AND, that seems to me to be the reason for my out of control hunger and cravings. I could be wrong, just my thinking on it. I'll see the dr soon and we'll talk.

I am concerned about my weight loss stopping or slowing down, but I also know my hunger / cravings should be able to come back into "normal" for me and perhaps that will help my challenges. I dunno , we'll have to see, but I feel somewhat relieved to have focused on this area and hopeful it will get better with medication reduction.

soooooo, a lot of rambling from me this morning! But, I've spent 2 sleepless nights (last night I had to take some sleeping aid but still was unable to rest well) and it finally dawned on me (somewhere around dawn, LOL! ) that I was dealing with a thyroid issue, not a self-control issue so much. (Yes, some of that is caving in to the hunger and thus self-control), but that the underlying cause MIGHT be able to be adjusted. I am hopeful at least and praying for a good outcome.

To sum up, I'm a shooting for a DD or an MD today and eating mostly free-range hard-boiled eggs and my homemade protein shake and we'll see how I can get back to the lowest weight using JUDDD and hoping for an adjustment of my thyroid medication to help the hunger and cravings.

How are y'all doing? Please share!

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 05-08-2011 at 09:08 AM..
Old 05-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Homemade Mother's Day gifts are special!

Mothers Day 2011.jpg
Old 05-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: centaurea
Stats: 230/223/140 (5'8.5")
WOE: Carb/Calorie Cycling
Start Date: April 2011
Down just a couple pounds this week. That's ok though, at least it's still going down. I'm finding it's a lot easier to not eat for long periods, and difficult to eat very much when I do. I didn't eat at all yesterday until late (dinner) when hubby started grilling and my appetite came back. I ate two plain burgers and was stuffed. 223.8 today, yesterday was an up day.
centaurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Hope you're all having a great mothers day! Today is an up day and I am being thoroughly spoiled by my boys. I love handmade gifts and breakfast in bed. Ok, happy sunday!!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #54
Senior LCF member

centaurea-
If all you ate all day were two plain burgers, I don't think you can consider that an UD because although there's no specific calorie minimum, you need to be balancing the DDs and UDs. Yesterday was more like a DD in terms of calories, and if you follow it with another DD, you really aren't 'cycling' calories, nor are you doing JUDDD.

This is not a personal criticism. If you feel you want to just keep your calories low on a daily basis, you certainly can do that, but that's not JUDDD at all.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning. Ate off plan yesterday but moderately and the scale was down this morning. Couldn't believe my eyes! Today is DD and I've got everything in the fridge and ready to go. JUDDD has taught me so much in the last few weeks. How to exercise portion control and how to savor every bite. I am very excited for my good health.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi y'all!!

Today was / is an UP day, but it's been a very nice LC day with hard-boiled eggs, romaine lettuce, LC dressing and some protein shake with gluc.

Tomorrow I go to the endo for my thyroid blood tests. I'm off my meds right now because of the hyper symptoms. SO, I expect the scale will slow down pretty quick. But, that's a small price to pay for some sleep!

Tomorrow will be a DD.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning all! Has anyone experienced trouble sleeping on their dd? It's like I'm so full of energy that I can't sleep through. It's not thyroid as I am normal in that department, it just seems as if there is too much energy.

Good luck RFL at the endo today. My mom has thyroid issues and it's a constant struggle to keep her medicine right. I hope you get it worked out soon so you can sleep
Old 05-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Jennifer!

The dr decided to do some more sensitive thyroid tests and see where I am, but he wants me OF all thyroid meds until then as the symptoms are pretty severe.

So, today I am eating carbs in an effort to get some relief. The symptoms are definitely worse on very low carb intake (much like in the previous post about serotonin).

I won't get the results until Thursday, so I might just need to maintain with an increase in calories and carbs until we see what's going on with me.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi Everyone! Happy May! I've had computer problems as well and have been offline for awhile due to internet outages. I'm still loving JUDDD and doing my every other day rotation. JUDDD is the best plan I've ever done.

I'm going on vacation at the end of this week and will be traveling for two weeks. It's a "road trip" and I've come up with ideas for making the best of my DD's. I'm trying not to worry too much about it, and will do MD's if necessary.

Today is my last day of work for two weeks (WooHoo!) and I have a ton of things to get done.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Have fun Blonde!!!!

Good Morning! I am a happy girl this morning. I reached my mini-goal of 250 this morning. I actually had it yesterday but wanted to wait to claim until after an up day so, I'm sure it'll stick. Down Day today and getting closer and closer to my Las Vegas Goal. 8 more days to go and I can barely sleep, I'm so excited. 4 days and 3 nights with dh and best friends. I so need this vacation. Also looking forward to getting my hair and nails done next week. I've lost 47 lbs and need a little make over. Ok, crazy month at work so I better get started. Have a great day today!