Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 07:02 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Good Morning JUDDDers!!! Long time no see!!

RFL - Wow!! Your pics are amazing and 60 lbs is quite an accomplishment!!

I haven't posted in forever, and I just felt bad posting every single week that I didn't have any change and was stuck. I am still JUDDDing away and this past week out of nowhere I had a 4 lb Whoosh!! I don't think I have ever had one like that before, but I will take it. It let me know that I am doing the right things, but my body will let go on it's time..lol. As long as I am losing, I'm happy. It doesn't have to be fast, I just needed to know it was working.

Glad to see everyone successes with JUDDD! For me, it will be with me for life. I might not have perfect UD or DD, but I am always JUDDDing.

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Ha! While I was posting the *how to do it* part, you already did it!

I am really excited for you, RFL! You can really tell all the weight lost between those two pictures! Once again, I am just so proud of you! You are just simply doing what it takes. Period. No excuses about missteps. If they occur, you just get past it and keep going. Your success makes me feel so good!

And I think you are really smart to tackle this weight loss at your age now instead of living with it any longer. Our excess weight is usually a strain on all our bodily functions, joints, etc., plus it just feels nicer to be slimmer. Plus I think you are young enough that your skin will still be pretty elastic and bounce back a lot, whereas... mine... not so much.

I have a request for you, now that you know how to post pics here. Take a picture and post a picture of your Chia Gel Shakes for me. I am so curious about them. I've never seen chia seeds or anything in my life. LOL
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #183

Hi, Michelle! It's so wonderful to see you this morning.

I'm so glad you're still happy with JUDDD and had that wonderful 4-pound whoosh! I know there will be more weight loss in your future with JUDDD.

The thing I like the most about it at the moment is how easy it is to increase my calories a bit and maintain my weight at a fairly level range, or if I over-indulge a bit, how easy it is to cut my calories pretty low on Down Days and make sure my calories on Up Days are a bit lower too, and MIRACLES happen. The weight starts to melt away again.

Last edited by SoHappy; 04-17-2011 at 07:40 AM..
Old 04-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
SoHappy,

THANK YOU!!!!!
For the encouragement, kind words and all the help! THANK YOU!

On the request, you know, I have not been using chia seeds for awhile. I'm just eating really, really simply. Sorry I cannot show you a picture.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Thank you SOHappy!!!

OK, I hope this comes out right:

Attachment 37597 BEFORE

Attachment 37598 60 pounds gone!
Amazing! You look so great!!!! It's so inspiring!
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
waouh ! RFL ! your pics are amazing

thanks for the inspiration !!
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening everyone! How did y'all do today?

WOW, I've been overwhelmed by all the great comments on my 60 pound announcement. WOW!! It feels like such a celebration!! I can't wait until I hot my 70 pound loss!

Today as a MD is working very well. I had some tough moments and wanted to eat so badly (eat other than what I had planned), but I kept thinking, "tomorrow, tomorrow."

So, tomorrow evening, I will be enjoying a Passover seder and I will allow myself to enjoy it (hopefully and prayerfully NOT overindulging). I plan on drinking my egg white protein shake before we leave and bring some extra for before the meal because the seder can last a LOOOOOONG time and the participants can get very hungry waiting for the meal part of the service.

When I'm hungry, I have a hard time staying within my limits.

SO, that's my plan and I hope I'm sticking to it!!
Old 04-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #188

Quote:
...tomorrow evening, I will be enjoying a Passover seder and I will allow myself to enjoy it (hopefully and prayerfully NOT overindulging). I plan on drinking my egg white protein shake before we leave and bring some extra for before the meal because the seder can last a LOOOOOONG time and the participants can get very hungry waiting for the meal part of the service.

When I'm hungry, I have a hard time staying within my limits. SO, that's my plan and I hope I'm sticking to it!!
Knowing ourselves, knowing an upcoming situation and what it will be like, and planning a way to mitigate any trouble we can foresee happening is such a smart move! Like the old saying goes, "Have a plan and work that plan!" and also, "Those who fail to plan, plan to fail!"

I think it is important to enjoy your Passover seder (and in a moderate way) while still being able to taste and sample a bit of what you want to partake in and share in with others. This is certainly a very special feast.

I think having some shake before leaving the house is a good idea. Taking some shake with you to drink after the service is over and before seder is a good idea too, to 'take the edge off' of your appetite.

But knowing in your mind and your heart that you are going to eat with restraint as a way of caring for your earthly body as it should be cared for will be a good thing too.

Maybe just keep in your mind's eye the vision of your plate having just a bit of food on it here and there as opposed to being heaped will help. LOL When the actual plate is ceasing to look like the very portioned plate in your mind, it's time to stop!

I think that you will do a good job.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:09 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Just a quick note on the fly before I do my pre-school duty:

RFL, you look amazing!!!! You have done this, and You Should Be So Proud!! (yes I am shouting! WTG, woot woot and three cheers.

I'll be back later after I open carpool doors and teach a class. . .
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:15 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Quick update on my schtuff since I haven't been posting as much! We had Dakota's (my 14yr old's) bday party on Saturday at laser tag. I have to say, it was a lot better than doing the pizza places we used to go to! The younger one wants his there in September.

Yesterday was Luau for us at potluck. Someone went hunting and shot a 75 pound hog that they roasted on a spit! Ate totally not low carb, but it was planned, so I feel no guilt, and JUDDD says no restrictions on food types, so... lol I was also at a new low yesterday.. well, new low since this go round of dieting! lol 220! I'm now smaller (well, I weigh a few pounds less) than my husband, which is the first time in our relationship! I love JUDDD and zumba, I lost 4.4 pounds from Tuesday-Sunday! Wow!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:08 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens View Post
Quick update on my schtuff since I haven't been posting as much! We had Dakota's (my 14yr old's) bday party on Saturday at laser tag. I have to say, it was a lot better than doing the pizza places we used to go to! The younger one wants his there in September.

Yesterday was Luau for us at potluck. Someone went hunting and shot a 75 pound hog that they roasted on a spit! Ate totally not low carb, but it was planned, so I feel no guilt, and JUDDD says no restrictions on food types, so... lol I was also at a new low yesterday.. well, new low since this go round of dieting! lol 220! I'm now smaller (well, I weigh a few pounds less) than my husband, which is the first time in our relationship! I love JUDDD and zumba, I lost 4.4 pounds from Tuesday-Sunday! Wow!
edens, that luau sounds like fun and delicious too! I don't know where you live, but I understand that wild hogs are all over the southern United States and there is little that can be done to contain them. But I think eating them as fast as you can would be one way to try to do your part to control the situation.

Glad to hear that you have reached a new low on this round of dieting. LOL Good for you. It is never easy, no matter what diet you do, but at least with JUDDD you have the option of choosing what foods you'd like to keep including in your diet, and sometimes being happy with what you get to eat helps you stay on your plan. At least it does for me. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #192

Today is a DD, and will be a 'robust' one at approximately 750 calories. Breakfast was hot tea and an egg. LOL

Still gray and chilly and damp here. I'm ready for blue skies and sunshine to return, and then I want to start planting my gardens. The perennials are already knee-high, daffodils are blooming like mad..

Going to run errands and stop for latte coffees this afternoon with my sister. Taking her to a doctor's appointment and grocery stopping. Maybe we could have time to stop into a little gallery for a browse. That's always fun.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Hi everyone....I've been MIA since before the first of this month and sadly will be for awhile. I went to visit family in Okla. the first week of the month with my sister and while there we did JUDDD together. She lost 3 pounds. I lost maybe 1. I know that I need to lower my UD calories at this point HOWEVER, I've made a decision after much prayer and truly MUCH time. I have been feeling led to fast for well over a year. I did my first fast a year ago for 3 days and have since done another 3 day and a 9 day. I feel as if my body is feeling some really negative effects from the bad choices I have made on UD's. I know that I need to eat cleaner...more raw and less carby than I have been but I feel a real need to detoxify my body and start with as clean a slate as I can. I think the puffiness I have every day in my hands is an side effect of the junk I have put into my body. This fast is not just for physical reasons though and I have been feeling led to fast for spiritual reasons. I don't know yet how long I will fast but what I look forward to the most is the clean eating I will be doing afterwards and the renewed feeling of health that I will have as well as a closer walk with my saviour. I'm going to be MIA during this time as reading here will likely be a temptation for me plus it's just time that I should be spending on spiritual goals. I will be back as I still believe that either JUDDD or Fast 5 or a combination of the two will be what I will do for the rest of my life. I'm at 146 today. Not too bad but not at all where I want to be or feel I would feel my best. I'll be back when I'm done fasting. Praying you all reach your health goals!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #194

Leisa, I will keep you in my prayers. I know you will do well with your fasting, both physically and spiritually, and be ready to feed your body in a healthful manner shortly. Best wishes and warmest regards.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaysol
Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Had a rough dd on saturday because my up day on Friday was a little more up than I ha planned. I noticed when I eat to much on my ud the next dd is killer. so far today is a bit easier! Hoping the scale will show something soon but I will be patient - I dont see how I can't lose eating this way (unless I have too many of those really fun ud).

Last night we had our usual roasted asparagus (I must eat this 4x/week). There is a resteraunt here that serves parmesan truffle fries that are AMAZING. bought the truffle oil and never used it but last night I decided to drizzle it on the asparagus and sprinkle w/parmesean. I almost fought my son for the last few - they are sooo good. I am thinking the truffle oil would be good on just about anything. It adds an almost garlic flavor...anyway, had to share my new favorite snack idea!

Have a great day!
kaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #196

That does sound fabulous, Kaysol! Yum for sure.

Just ready to start supper here. DH wants a nice baked potato. After that..??

My DD is still going well. I've stayed busy, and that always helps.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Kaysol, I agree with your theory of tough DD after too fun an UD!!

Today was one of those tough DD's, but I think I have it in the bag.

I will try the truffle oil. . .on asparagas or something.

I hope everyone had a great Monday,
Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Mmmm truffle oil... :P

Yep, I'm in central Texas, so hogs a plenty. This thing was uuuugly, too! lol Anyway, today was a DD after a very carby and UP UP day lol I agree it's a little harder to do it like that. Well, it's harder for me personally if I eat lots of carbs on my UD, but if I keep it lower carb it isn't as hard. I think it's a blood sugar thing. But I'm doing good, just around 470-480 calories for the day.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
I'm back from my trip - LOUSY internet connection unfortunately, but I have now caught up on reading. I'm so thrilled to see you SoHappy - and you DO NOT look ANYTHING like a plump grandma! And RFL, I am at a loss for words to convey how excited I am about your before-and-after pictures. I think I may print them out and put YOUR pictures up on my refrigerator for inspiration!

Unfortunately for me, despite staying what I thought was pretty darned good (except for alcohol) on my trip, I gained five pounds. Then, yesterday when I really should've had a DD to start getting some of that off, we had a big family party to attend (I knew about it long ago) and it was an Up Up and Away day on top of my non-JUDDD week and the scale this a.m. added another pound for me, sigh.

DD today and it went well. I probably should just go to bed and be done with it, but I am happy to have a little computer time now. I think I missed my internet time more last week than I miss eating on DDs lol.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening Y'all!

Tonight was our seder and this is how I was dressed. The dress was so big I had to cinch it with a belt! LOL!
Dressed.jpg

Before Too Big Pesach dress 1.jpg

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 04-18-2011 at 08:27 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #201

Quote:
Evening Y'all!

Tonight was our seder and this is how I was dressed. The dress was so big I had to cinch it with a belt! LOL!
Attachment 37630

Before Attachment 37631
Fabulous! Love the collar bones and hollow of your throat. You look great, and the color of that dress is just amazing.

So tell us how you did at seder. Did it go pretty well for you?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #202

PenguinPower, I'm sure glad you are home! You were missed here.

And.. sorry about the gained pounds, but sometimes it happens and here's the great thing. All of us here know how to take the pounds right back off again.

When I did Atkins, I knew how to do Atkins.. but I just couldn't make it work for me, I mean to lose any weight. I just ate the foods on the list, but nothing happened. I'm sure I must have been eating too many calories for my size.

With this JUDDD plan, it's based on my size, as in how many calories are what I should be eating at a given weight for me, so when I follow this plan, the weight comes off.

So I know you'll be eating gluc pudding shortly, etc. and melting the pounds off.
No worries about you. Yup. Glad you're home.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

RFL, that outfit is way more stylish with the belt.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens View Post
RFL, that outfit is way more stylish with the belt.

Oh thank you Edens!
Old 04-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Leisa!
I'm sorry you're struggling and I'll miss you, but you have to do what works for you. I pray you will find what you're looking for!

Hi Kay!

I'm with you, there is NO way you won't lose if you do the JUDDD!
Hmmmm, truffle oil? WOW, is that expensive (like truffles are crazy expensive)?

Hi Janie! I'm glad you got through your tough DD. Mine is coming up tomorrow! LOL! You're so funny about my pictures,

Hi Edens! Sounds like a great DD to me!

Hi SoHappy! How was your day? I'll answer your question about my seder experience below.

Hi Donna! Back in he saddle, YAY Welcome back! We've missed you! You'll get those pounds off!

Well, my day was an off-plan day. I decided to just enjoy the day off-plan and I did. 'Twas very peaceful just not being concerned or counting. I don't know how much I ate, and it was needed for me to just have a vacation from dieting for a day.

Tomorrow though, it's back to JUDDD and hopefully a GREAT DD! I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great night y'all. See you tomorrow on JUDDD!
Old 04-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #206

Quote:
Well, my day was an off-plan day. I decided to just enjoy the day off-plan and I did. 'Twas very peaceful just not being concerned or counting. I don't know how much I ate, and it was needed for me to just have a vacation from dieting for a day.
You know... I'm really so very glad you did this. So much nicer for Passover Seder. Somehow more relaxed and fulfilling. More a part of this special day.

Somehow it just doesn't feel right to have to diet on a feast day. Good for you.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You know... I'm really so very glad you did this. So much nicer for Passover Seder. Somehow more relaxed and fulfilling. More a part of this special day.

Somehow it just doesn't feel right to have to diet on a feast day. Good for you.

Thanks SoHappy!

You're ALWAYS so encouraging!! Thank you for your kind words about my outfit and for understanding why my choice of not being on plan at all today was a good thing, for me, for a day.

You know, I feel I was experiencing a tad bit of burnout, even though I am losing weight. Today I was going to plan and count and drink my shake beforehand and in the hours prior to the seder, I just felt I could not deal with hunger, or counting, or even thinking about it - for today. Not for more than that, just for today, for Passover.

I also know that and attitude that got me over 200+ pounds so it HAS to be self-limiting and I MUST be in a good frame of mind and get right back into JUDDD tomorrow and I plan to. But just today, I focused on the meaning of Passover and enjoyed all there was to enjoy, just for today.

Thank you so much for your support and encouragement!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #208
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
One of the advantages of JUDDD is NOT having to count or watch carefully on holidays. I've always eaten freely on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter with no problems whatsoever. I don't binge, but I simply enjoy the day and the people I'm with and don't stress about food.

I also find that my body longs for a good DD after a very full UD, so it works out. Since I've been doing JUDDD, I have never had a holiday gain--in fact, I've had my usual losses.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:47 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

That's awesome Leo! I considered this past Sunday somewhat of a 'holiday' eating day, at our friends' hog roast. I did gain THREE POUNDS in food/water. I lost a pound of it yesterday, hopefully it'll work itself off tonight at the gym *wiggles* We don't have big plans for Easter so I'll probably just stay on plan (make it an up day though lol) with my low carb. I might treat myself to some lc chocolates but eh *shrug* Thanksgiving will be the beeeest! lol I love how forgiving JUDDD is I talk about it on other threads and have gotten 2 more people to try it, woo, spreading the JUDDD love!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #210
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
Hey Y'all!
I haven't been by in a few days, but it did me a world of good to quickly run through the last page of posts! RFL---absolutely fantastic!! You look great! I want to know if anyone has a DD that falls on a holiday, etc. and if you just switch days? I thought about doing two DD in a row (the second day a little higher calories) so I could have an UD on the special occasion day (my birthday is Thursday).
Easter---I don't usually cook a big meal on that day (celebration of the special occasion--yes, but no big ham Sunday dinner). We are having our Easter Cantata at church. That should burn some calories for me. Singing in the choir for one hour.
Everyone have a great day! Eden, glad to hear you got to eat some pork! My brother-in-law recently had one of those big devils run out in front of him and it did quite a bit of damage to his truck. He is up in Kaufman (about an hour out of Dallas).
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote