Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
This is a good spot to report that I'm down to a new weight this morning too. Well, by a mere fraction, but it's occurred!!! So I'll take it and adjust my new range downward just a smidge to include this and cut the top range down one pound.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!! Whooo hoooo! How exciting!!
Isn't it great when that happens? You work pretty hard at this and I'm so thrilled that you are doing so great!

Congratulations!!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
RealFoodLiving, you should always come here, no matter how you feel, that's what I think we are here for.

Yes, this is a positive group, but that doesn't mean each of us doesn't deal with stuff all the time. And sometimes it is how we fail--it is for me, anyway, and how we need to be accountable--that's me speaking again.

So please call this home, no matter how things are.

but I hear what you are saying. . .but know this. . .

none of us is perfect on this earth!!! or this thread!!! 'specially me.
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #153
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
RealFood-
As I said, only you truly know yourself and your situation, and I'm sure you will do just fine with your decision. Life is about just doing the best we can in every situation we find ourselves in--it's not easy, but nothing worthwhile is every really 'easy.' Losing weight is no different than any other challenge we may face in life. We need to try to do the best we can, and that's enough, regardless of the outcome. Our best is all we have to offer.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Home for the day and, of course, I had to check in here first thing! It's been a busy place since I left this morning.

So glad you checked back in RFL, and perhaps I can understand a little of how you feel so much inner anguish if you lose control a little bit, and how you feel despair if you fail to regain control fast enough to prevent a little stumble from becoming a whole head-first plunge back into weight gain.

Working yourself through a change of medications with resulting fluctuations in how your body feels and functions can be upsetting enough. Having some pain issues right now can only add to the stress. But I do sometimes think that worry over something is almost the worst, whether it is a niggling little whisper in the back of our mind or a really focused thought we can't get away from.

I believe I can understand at least one worry.. that is your worry and fear of failing to hold onto your weight loss thus far, and your thinking of how upsetting it would be to not be able to continue. It's sort of like catching a glimpse of Shangri La, only to face the fear of never being able to find your way there? Knowing that there is a road that takes you there, if you can only traverse it and not give up before you've made the entire journey.

But I do hope you will be able to relax and see how gentle and pleasant the journey can be, and that there is no need to complete it as though it is a race.. that Shangri La will be there at the end of your journey still. So be sure to linger here and there at pretty spots along the way as you wend your way to your final destination. Let yourself have an occasional look around you as you progress, to realize that the trip itself can be very rich and rewarding, even if you take it slowly occasionally before rushing off again.

Well, LOL, I just want you to be able to relax and not be so frantic and driven right now, as you sound like you are feeling so much pressure right at this time. I want you to be well and relaxed and emotionally full, even if it's a DD and your tummy isn't so full! I do know that you will be successful. I have absolutely no doubt about it. I just want you to not feel so frantic about it. Of course, I may be somebody who is TOO casual about it, as I don't seem to panic enough when I observe my DD being swallowed up by a huge dark looming MD!

Anyway, so glad you posted today, and I will continue to look forward to your posts and your progress!

But don't ever worry about coming here for support when you are needing it. We need you as much as you need us.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #155

LOL, Janie! I cracked up about your DH asking you *about how much more would you have to lose to be the same size as in a certain picture from the past*... I think you will most certainly get there, but I think you should tell him that it will help you get there if he brings you little gifts every so often along the way!!!

And I agree with you about calling this place *Home*. It has come to be more than just a means to an end. It's now a place where others can understand what we go through when we do a Down Day, the joy we can feel to find something that really does help us to lose weight, not to just eat low carb but not be able to see the scale move for weeks on end! Lots of reasons to be happy here, but the people here are at the top of the list!

Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss recently! You're getting great results! I'm really happy for you! (You're probably due one of those little gifts from your DH very shortly now. )
Old 04-14-2011, 05:37 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning JUDDDDDDDDers! (I always forget how many D's to put).

Well, today I woke up to a miracle.

I hit a new low decade on the scale and I am 1 pound away from a 60 pound loss. WOW. Is my body weird or what???

I know that prayer and JUDDDD work together for great things for me.

Thank you everyone who has been encouraging me, y'all are like my buddies! I love you all!

Have a great day!

Today is an UP day, but I'm kinda not wanting to eat to blow this low, Oh well, salads here I come!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:59 AM   #157

[QUOTE=[B]RealFoodLiving[/B];14561060] Today is an UP day, but I'm kinda not wanting to eat to blow this low, QUOTE]

I absolutely know what you mean! LOL But I know it is part of this plan and is a healthful way to lose weight, so I just remind myself of why I like this plan in the first place.

In exchange for the extreme of a Down Day, I get to have an unrestricted Up Day (within my calorie ceiling, of course).. and in exchange for my probable and usual weight increase after an Up Day, I will get to see MORE weight loss after a Down Day. (ETA: except for maintenance levels now..)

I'm really viewing your weight loss journey as an exciting serial adventure for me! I can hardly wait to tune in for the latest installment, like today's wonderful news of further weight loss and a new decade being reached for the first time on this journey. Congratulations!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:06 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'm really viewing your weight loss journey as an exciting serial adventure for me! I can hardly wait to tune in for the latest installment, like today's wonderful news of further weight loss and a new decade being reached for the first time on this journey. Congratulations!
SoHappy,
Oh my YES! I should have my own reality show, right? The UPs and DOWNs of a real-life JUDDDER! You never know what you're going to see when you tune in!

Seriously, I don't understand what my body is doing, but I am learning that if I stay on course (easier said than done tho), things will work out eventually. Now, if I could skip the emotional eating part, I'd be cool!

So, it's a learning process. Daily and I seem to fall down more than walk, but I continue to get back up and keep on trying.

And I STILL am in the midst of the personal storm here, but this is one bright spot and I don't want to mess it up by overeating. That much I know.

Again, thanks for the prayers and encouragement!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:53 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
SoHappy,
Oh my YES! I should have my own reality show, right? The UPs and DOWNs of a real-life JUDDDER! You never know what you're going to see when you tune in!

Seriously, I don't understand what my body is doing, but I am learning that if I stay on course (easier said than done tho), things will work out eventually. Now, if I could skip the emotional eating part, I'd be cool!

So, it's a learning process. Daily and I seem to fall down more than walk, but I continue to get back up and keep on trying.

And I STILL am in the midst of the personal storm here, but this is one bright spot and I don't want to mess it up by overeating. That much I know.

Again, thanks for the prayers and encouragement!
RFL: I think most of us fight the 'emotional eating part' to a certain extent, and certainly for myself, I had fallen into the bad habit of recreational eating, just for the pleasure of how lovely something tasted in my mouth, which had to stop! I never used to eat like that and realized that it was mostly a bad habit that I had developed, so now I have to consciously substitute something else to fill that spot with a good habit.

I found that for myself, JUDDD worked 'mostly pretty good' if I was able to keep my calories somewhere even remotely but reasonably close to the number I had set for myself. LOL I seem to have ended up have a 'range' of calories for DDs, MDs, and for UDs. It just seems to be so much easier to me, and seems to be keeping me at my maintenance level fairly easily for the time being. As with all things, time will tell.

Hoping your personal storm passes soon, that there is little damage done from its occurrence in your life, and that the sun come out more brilliantly than ever after the rain, metaphorically speaking.

Wanted to ask, too, how your Littlest Princess is doing?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaysol
RFL - that is amazing! woot woot! great job!!!

So Happy, I love the trading a down day for an uinrestricted day - that is why I love this. every time I am doing a down day I remember that the next day I won't have to think about it (and I havent had an urge to overeat on my up day - that is the best part about all this, it really gets my hunger under control). I can truly see doing this for the long run, it just seems very doable an I dont have that desperate deprived feeling. Most diets I just want to lose the weight so I can eat "noramally" again - which of course wouldnt work. This one is - make it through one day and then you can eat normally. love it, love it.

And RFL, I agree, I have never been a part of a board that is so supportive and just plain nice. what a great group. You have all made it so much easier to stick to this. A suppport team is so important..

I am off to make a huge salad and some roasted veggies. actually sounds great - yep it's a down day!
kaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh kaysol. . .your cooking/preparing sounds really great!!

I'm looking forward to teacher appreciation luncheon tomorrow. . .plus a nice breakfast!

And so it goes!

Thanks to everyone for the help/support!

Night, all!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:31 AM   #162

Just popping in to wave a warm hello to everyone before I race off for the day. Going to be a busy one.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:24 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, SoHappy, and I'll just say hi, and hope to be back later also.

Janie
Old 04-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Hello everyone! Finally posting on this month's thread! I hope you're all having a great day. RFL, glad to see you're doing better and have reached a new low, and Annie, congrats also on the new low and having your family notice! That's the best! Janie, your husband is pretty clever, no? lol I'm at a new low (well, been there years ago, but now I'm back) for this go around of weight loss at 222.6! Now below my pre-vacation weight. All the excess I gained has come off and then some. I <3 JUDDD
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Y'all!

Kaysol, roasted veggies are my "candy"! I love them!

I had a nice UP day yesterday and went a tad bit over 1500 cals, which is the high end for me, but it was OK.

Today though I won't be home and I don't want to eat at the Messianic Synagogue buffet, even the salad, cuz I don't do well at "all you care to eat" right now, my resolve is fragile.

Sooooo, I'll eat something before we leave around 1 PM and then bring my homemade protein shakes WITH me for all afternoon and prayerfully , I'll skip the buffet for a good DD~

See y'all tomorrow! Today we take The Princess for a hearing test and then on to shul for the afternoon and then evening.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:07 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good day everyone!

How are y'all today? I had a good DD yesterday, YAY!!!!!!! I'm still in the 150's, but barely I'm gearing up to hit the 60 pound mark, maybe this week?

I have several MDs in preparation for our Passover seder Monday night. I do expect to eat matzah balls, matzah and other traditional Passover foods (in moderation, but still eating them!).

Today is a MD and so far so good.

I have a new picture with my new glasses, but not sure how to get it into the post. I know SoHappy told me how some time ago, but I lost the instructions. I'll try and mess around.

Have a great JUDDDD day everyone!

ETA: Yeah, no go unless I upload it to some website? Is there any way to get it from my computer?

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 04-16-2011 at 09:08 AM..
Old 04-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Great picture RFL ! I almost have the same glasses (in purple)

After having an UP UP & BEYOOOOND day yesterday I decided to have a DD today (I initially though I would have an MD/UD weekend) and it's been tricky ! DD on weekend are defitinely not easy ! I'm gonna go to bed early not to think of all I could eat !!

Tomorrow I have a 2 hours zumba class, I just can't wait ! I'm glad so many JUDDDers love zumba too
... but tomorrow I also have a picnic it's been quite sunny here ! but well, picnic might be carby, might be high-cal, might be naugty.... ahhhh :roll:

have a great JUDDDy weekend
Old 04-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening!

MD went well, went to 800 cals. YAY!!

Tomorrow is another MD.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #169

Woo Hoo! RFL!!! What a wonderful new picture. I can tell your weight loss in this one for sure, my Friend. You look fabulous! I like the new glasses too. I'm going to have to have an eye exam soon and get a new pair too. I always hate it because I never can choose what pair to buy. Yours are cute.

I worked hard today, ate just awfully and way too high in both calories and carbs, so I expect to be bloated with water retention tomorrow and up in scale weight. It just seems like every once-in-awhile I let out all the stops, and then I have to really tighten up again for several days to make up for the one lapse. sigh...

And the weather is gray and rainy and cold and gloomy. We need the rain here, as it has been too dry, and I am so thankful we aren't getting the storms and tornadoes right now, but the arrival of pressure fronts when the rain come often makes me ache. I think when I have pain I seek the carbs. (LOL ...that's my excuse.)

Hope everybody had a good day. See you all tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi SoHappy!

I know what you mean! But, you seem to have a good handle on getting yourself back on track and still enjoy your JUDDD.

Thanks for your kind words! The face is thinner, but all the lovely snooth fat has been replaced by hanging skin and wrinkles!

I'm trying to do these pictures, one before and today's. NOPE! I cannot get Flickr to show my pics. Any help?

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 04-16-2011 at 08:54 PM..
Old 04-17-2011, 05:32 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Today I hit the BIG 60 pounds down!

Today is a MD and I'm baking unleavened bread for Passover. YAY!!
Big seder tomorrow night!!

How is everyone today?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:33 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh SOHAPPY!

May I have the instructions again on how to upload pictures from my computer and not from a website? I tried uploading them to the picture website, but it won't take them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:10 AM   #173

Quote:
Oh SOHAPPY!

May I have the instructions again on how to upload pictures from my computer and not from a website? I tried uploading them to the picture website, but it won't take them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
HI!

OK, first of all, I don't actually know off the top of my head how to make a picture go from the *My Pictures* part of my computer to become an avatar picture on this site... (it's sort of magic or something.) I am so not a techno geek-type. LOL

So you'll have to be patient with me for a bit here. I'm going to go through the procedure myself and write the steps down as I do it. Then I'll pop back in here and pass the steps on to you. (You know this is the Blind leading the Blind, don't you..?)
Old 04-17-2011, 06:13 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks SoHappy!!

But, just to be clear, I'm not looking for an avatar, I got that down.

Remember when you were posting menu pictures IN the body of your post? Not the avatar? That's what I'm looking for!

Thank you dear!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:16 AM   #175

Quote:
Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Today I hit the BIG 60 pounds down!

Today is a MD and I'm baking unleavened bread for Passover. YAY!!
Big seder tomorrow night!!

How is everyone today?
I AM SO THRILLED FOR YOU!!!!!

You are absolutely a poster child for JUDDD and also for DETERMINATION.

I am just tickled pink for you. And at the same time I'm ashamed of myself and of my too-high carb & calorie day yesterday, which now has me at the top of my range.

So I'm going to be re-inspired today and make this a good one. Hugs to you.

What does your DH say? He must be so proud of your accomplishment and how well you are doing. And feeling confident that you are taking these wonderful steps for your health.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi SoHappy,

Thank you! I am excited at every milestone I hit. I truly have a hard time wrapping my mind around the numbers on the scale. Especially when I have such TOUGH times where I overeat!

Like you, I feel guilty and down after I overdo the food and pretty discouraged, but I have been getting right back on JUDDD and it helps me to focus. (Besides, Pretty Lady you are already at your weight goal, while I still have 40+ to go!!)!

Thank you for sharing my excitement. I'm happy I have a place to share and with people who can share it with me and really be happy for me and urge me to continue. I don't get that affirmation at home. Thank you!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:50 AM   #177

Experimenting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colorado 762.jpg (26.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:55 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you SOHappy!!!

OK, I hope this comes out right:

Before 7-07.jpg BEFORE

Mom glasses 1 April 15.jpg 60 pounds gone!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #180

OK.. That is pretty easy.

Pull up the *Post Reply* box and notice that when you scroll all the way down, below the dialog box is another box called *Additional Options* and within that is a box called *Attach Files*.

Within that you click on the *Manage Attachments* button and it will bring up a box where you can click on the *browse* button. That will take you to your *My Pictures* on your computer where you can scroll through all your pictures and select one to put here in your text. Click on that picture. Then click on the *Upload* button. It takes awhile, but finally its 'address' will appear in the *Manage Attachments* box, but it won't appear up in your text. That's the part I find strange, so maybe I'm not doing it correctly.

Anyway, when you post your reply, that picture link-y think is there.

Here's a section of my spring gardens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colorado 1934.jpg (102.2 KB, 2 views)