Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
LOLOLOLOL Good one, Kaysol!

Magna, your new avi is such a fun one! You said you would post a funny one. But you still don't look like you can possibly be SS age.. even early SS age!
Thanks, but you're too kind.

Genes and hair coloring, they get the credit. Maybe working with high schoolers! Maybe in spite of it!
magnamater is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 12:48 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
hello everyone !

I hope you had a great weekend ! I definitely did !
What a pleasure to see your faces, SoHappy & Magnamater ^^

I am back from a long weekend at my in laws ! Belle-maman did notice my weigh loss, actually everyone did, it made me feel great and helped me stay strong during the weekend ! I actually did'nt put on a gram ! (we ate like crazy but i always stayed as LC as possible !... but i drank a lot of carbs )

today's a DD, plus zumba tonight ! let's do it
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:39 AM   #123
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Annie- I don't know how you can do 'zumba' at the end of a DD! I think I would pass out. I only work out on UDs, although I try to keep moving on DDs with housework, etc.

On carbs--I was eating low carb long before I started JUDDD. I do best with only 20-30g of carbs a day (I, too, have autoimmune thyroiditis), but I also need to restrict calories, and that's why I do JUDDD.

On Maintenance- I'm finding it more complex than weight loss, mainly because I have such a fear of gaining. For example, throughout March, I waffled between 152 and 154. Since my goal was to stay under 155, that should have been fine, and I assumed the shifting weight was simply water fluctuations because I was eating and exercising the same. However, the 154 weeks concerned me, and I found myself being more 'careful' the following week. I didn't think I was losing because I never got below 152, but that's the problem with the scale. Loss sometimes doesn't register immediately, so Saturday morning, I found myself at 150.

It may be misguided, but I've now decided to 'maintain' at 145-148, which means I need to lose a few more lbs. But I want to do it while 'maintaining'--very, very slowly. I question this decision because I look and feel fine now, and I don't want to 'overdo' it. I have some issues with low BP, so if this turns out to be a bad idea, I'll stay where I am--my lowest weight since 5th grade!
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:39 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Leo, you are to be congratulated on your maintenance.

I know it is harder. Been there, failed at that.

And you know, the month ended with the great Saturday weight--wooot wooot!

I know the scales are difficult. . .they play with my mind.

But all in all you are quite an inspiration. (don't mean to put you where you don't want to be) but you are blazing the trail for others.

Thanks!

Janie

Annie, I've ordered Zumba. . .my students were demo-ing for me, it looks fun. I have doubts on my abilities. . .but any attempt is good, right?
Old 04-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #125
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Annie, yay that your MIL noticed your weight loss! It's just a little thing, but it is truly a nice feeling to have someone notice. And zumba class. My daughter loves that but tells me it is really active. Have fun with it.

Leo, if maintenance weight is going to fluctuate anyway, I like the lower dips a lot better than the higher peaks. The work of adjusting my calories up a tiny notch has always been a lot more fun than having to cut them down. I think you are doing a really good job at this now. Always interested to read of the job you are doing and what you personally find is helpful or not. Continued success.

Magna. Hi, Magna!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning, SoHappy!

Happy JUDDDing. DD for me with a challenge to eat lunch out. . .salad with no croutons, no meat, no cheese, no dressing. . .and then have some lemon for dressing???

Or make my own with a splash of EVOO plus lemon and vinegar??? Going to museum's Cafe Express where I could do this.

Gotta learn to live on DD's instead of eating in the corner.

Anyone? I could use help!!! And a medium day isn't great, because I need an UD on Friday for Teacher Appreciation luncheon.

I can avoid dessert, and it supposed to be gluten free--should not be a problem if I watch portions--it will be an UD.

Janie
Old 04-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
Morning, SoHappy!

Happy JUDDDing. DD for me with a challenge to eat lunch out. . .salad with no croutons, no meat, no cheese, no dressing. . .and then have some lemon for dressing???

Or make my own with a splash of EVOO plus lemon and vinegar??? Going to museum's Cafe Express where I could do this.

Gotta learn to live on DD's instead of eating in the corner.

Anyone? I could use help!!! And a medium day isn't great, because I need an UD on Friday for Teacher Appreciation luncheon.

I can avoid dessert, and it supposed to be gluten free--should not be a problem if I watch portions--it will be an UD.

Janie
I've just recently been looking for a little purse-sized bottle with a tight-fitting lid around my house that I can wash out and press into service as my *salad dressing travel container* for when I go out. I have a favorite light Italian dressing from Aldi's that I like the taste of a lot, only 35 calories for 2 tablespoons of it, and I'd like to put a measured amount into that little bottle to take with me to the restaurant on DDs.

I'd order a big veggie salad too, and probably some cantaloupe melon on the side. A big iced tea to drink. Oh! I just thought of something.. I need two of those little purse-safe travel containers, because I could also measure out some of my liquid coffee creamer in one. It's only 30 calories for 2 tablespoons, and I like both the regular and the (s/f) sweet French vanilla one. So then you could have a cup of lovely rich coffee to sip on for dessert.

Your DD lunch out is giving me some good ideas. Have fun today!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Good Morning All JUDDD'ers!

DD for me today. Good thing, too. I had an up up and away day. Overdid the dinner portion of my day!

RE: Carbs vs Cals~ I do moderate carb 50-75 on my UD's and low low carb on my DD. It works for me. I avoid "sugar" completely as in sugary desserts or drinks. I've learned to make some nice low carb desserts for an occasional treat. The best part of JUDDD for me is no deprivation, forbidden foods or food lists. It's a steady line of correct...re correct....correct...re correct. Does that make sense? I know what I mean.

Leo~ Congrats on the new maintenance goal! That's just awesome! As we all keep saying, you are the inspiration here. You've done it, you're doing it!!

SoHappy, Liz, Janie, Annie!!!

Love the avatars!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #129

Good Morning, Blonde/wRose! I was going to join you in a DD and then thought better of it. So a MD for me today. I'm going to be working in the gardens a lot all day today, and I think I'm going to be using up too much of my strength reserve to get by on DD calories. So that's my excuse.

Pulling up a lot of old garden edging that I no longer like. I don't think I ever did like it that much, but it must have been something I needed at the time. And that is inspiring me to get the little hand rake and get down to get out all the leaves which have been blown in over the winter and then got pinned in place with all the new spring growth. Oh, yeah. I really need to be doing this today. Last week would have been even better. I'll be checking in throughout the day to see what all of you are up to.

Last edited by SoHappy; 04-12-2011 at 09:03 AM..
Old 04-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: makeminelowcarb
Back with good report

Maintained JUDDD during week long trip and lost three pounds!
I wrote in a couple of weeks ago and expressed concern that I was kind of stalling and it was suggested that I might be overdoing the calories on my UD's. Well, I decided to watch (not count, but watch) my food intake a little closer and I actually lost weight while away from home for a week. I am psyched.

I overdid it a bit yesterday but only because it was my birthday and I had so many good things to celebrate! Haha. DD today and I've had nothing so far. I usually don't eat anything until after 4:30 in the afternoon and then it's usually a cup of broth and melba toast.

At any rate, I'm a newby here and since my last post was to gripe, I thought I should drop in with an encouraging word. To reach my 54th birthday 13 pounds lighter is like a new lease on life. I thank my sister, Leisa, for telling me about JUDDD. Hoping to be at my goal weight on my next birthday. Looks entirely probable.

Have crazy happy day, Up or Down.
Sherrie
makeminelowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:24 PM   #131
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
Hey Y'all,
I am having a good up day and I haven't wanted to up and away, either! I worked out yesterday and will do so again today. Annie, I love Zumba! I am currently not taking a class, but would love to do it again!
Happy Birthday, Sherrie!
Hello to everyone...don't have everyone's names down yet! Blonde, Annie, Sogood, RFL, and the rest of the Judders!
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #132

Sherrie!!! I just popped in from cleaning up gardens to take a rest break and see if anything was going on here, and see this *Good News* report from you! Yay! I know you are tickled pink to lose three pounds while being away from home, especially after having been stalled in your weight loss for awhile. I'll bet you will be where you want to be by your next birthday for sure, and Happy Birthday for this one.

Welcome back, and I hope you'll pop in and post more often.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #133
Senior LCF member

Janie- The couple of times I've had lunch out on a DD, I ordered a salad with 'dressing on the side' and ate it without the dressing. I actually like salad that way, and usually the veggies included give me enough moisture. I usually have some protein on my salad--either tuna or chicken cubes, and that's usually all I eat for the day.

Sherrie- Good work losing on vacation! It's great to celebrate a birthday with weight loss, IMO.

SoHappy- I think you were wise to do a MD rather than a DD with that gardening. Dr. J advises against working out on DDs, and I find that anything really strenuous is too difficult on so few calories (perhaps if I were younger, I could do it:-)
Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Leo for the idea. I ended up with dressing on the side, which I doctored with grainy mustard, and splashed the salad with balsamic, and then used about a teaspoon of dressing. I can only guestimate the calories.

I didn't have protein, because I am sipping on protein shakes throughout the DD already. (my standard practice.)

Thanks for the ideas.

Congrats, Sherrie on staying JUDDD on vacation and on the loss! You were due that loss!! Maybe the change of location was good for a stall.

Me, I don't have a straight line weight loss. I lose 3, then nothing, then another 3. It's only after a long period I see that it is steady over a loooooooong period.

SoHappy, a medium day on a gardening day sounds great. I need to revisit medium days. . .but ya know, I get stuck in a rut!!!

Pug and Annie--can't wait to try Zumba--emphasis on try.

Happy JUDDDing!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaysol
On the topic of salad dressing, what I have been putting on my salads is 1T or so of regular ranch dressing and then I add 2 tablespoons of franks hot wing sauce. The ranch is 75 cals and the hot sauce none. I divide this up between my salad and my husbands. The hot flavor goes a long way. I eat it with a small grilled chicken breast -it's my hot wing salad. think I will have that tonight...
kaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:21 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
yes yes yeeeeeeeees !!!!!

I just saw the 58 !!! 58,7, still, but the lowest since I lived in Thailand and was scuba diving 3 times a day !!

I'm happy Thanks JUDDD and thank you all !!!

Have a great day everyone
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:52 AM   #137
Senior LCF member

Great work, Annie!

If we're faithful to our eating plan, the loss will occur eventually.

I have found that at my lower weight, my body seems to 'resist' loss by retaining water, so that I seem to lose in 3lb 'spurts,' but that's only the release of water. As I lose, it doesn't show on the scale at the time because my body is busy filling those fat cells with water--fortunately, it's only temporary.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:16 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
annieS[/B];14557472]yes yes yeeeeeeeees !!!!!

I just saw the 58 !!! 58,7, still, but the lowest since I lived in Thailand and was scuba diving 3 times a day !!

WOO HOO, ANNIE!!!!!!!!!!

You can say "thanks JUDDD and thank you all" as you did above, for your happy news, but it is all YOU who did this! You simply did it. You did what it took.

But it's fun and wonderful and encouraging to think, and then really come to believe, that you can use a program as simple as this one is, and your body will respond accordingly. So start thinking of yourself as a slim woman, because by being true to JUDDD you'll undoubtedly get there.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:26 AM   #139

This is a good spot to report that I'm down to a new weight this morning too. Well, by a mere fraction, but it's occurred!!! So I'll take it and adjust my new range downward just a smidge to include this and cut the top range down one pound.

Must be that I worked myself to a frazzle yesterday. TONS more work to do in the gardens yet, though. I only got the front entry garden area done so far, and still have the little pool to clean out. It has a tiny little trickle of water that runs over a big stone and then dribbles back into the pool again, and the birds come to it in the summer to drink. Have to get that up and running for the season.

Today I'm going to detail and prepare another one of the new homes, or at least get a good start. I think I actually have about five days of work to do out in that development, but when I do any of that work, I only work for about four to six hours a day, and then I'm done. So I should be able to come home later and get a good start on another garden area.

Hope you all have a wonderful and very successful day today! Happy JUDDDing, My Friends!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaysol
Yeah Annie and So happy! Great job!
kaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Morning Y'all!

I wanted to thank you all for the wonderful words of encouragement and comfort. And for those who are praying.

I've changed my stats to reflect the scale - for accountability.

I'm still JUDDDing and plan to.

Hang in there everyone!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

RealFoodLiving, good to see you, hope the world is more rosy, I know it is better here when we see you! Commitment for the long haul. . .you have it. . .you are succeeding!!! There isn't a straight line in my world. . .to anything. I think we are all part of the human existance and share that trait.

Don't know what that all means, but I hope it means to you that we value you here, and know that whatever you face, we all face.

My John Donne moment. . .less eloquent, but heartfelt.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SoHappy and Annie, a new milestone!!!

Congrats!! You both rock. JUDDD rocks!! We all rock!!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now to my scale report.

Today, a week and a day after my weighing too soon. . .the new weight loss is true, plus two more. (so down 4 from last weigh in 8 days ago) Now don't think this is trivial, because it is monumental to a slow loser.

I am psyched!! DH comments that this plan works wonders for me.

I think it is a miracle!!!

Still can't believe it is working.

DH asked (sneaky isn't he) how much I would have to lose before I was at the weight a flattering picture was taken. (sneaky because he knows better than to ask how much I weigh)

And it is 25 more lbs. I am owning that here and now.

The honesty of owning that I have let my weight go (again) is overwhelming. I can blame it on taking steroids (and I do) and blame it on the bossa nova (telling my age here) but I let myself go (yet again.)

I am still taking the steroid type medication (can't function without it) and losing. Thanks JUDDD.

A more honest Janie
Old 04-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Janie, congrats and good for you!!

I love JUDDD and it works..slow, fast, in between whatever. It works.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
RFL, I am praying for you.

I think many of us occasionally go overboard with our calorie limits, particularly on some of the DDs, and while those additional calories may affect how fast we lose a few ounces, I don't think it really hurts terribly in the overall long term. It just slows things down a bit.

But from your words, I wonder if this is a little more than just simply going overboard a couple of times. So perhaps you are not able to sustain a focus for it right now. Is that it?

You mentioned previously that in the past, on other diet plans, your body would seem to fight dropping below 175 pounds or so, and yet JUDDD took you there and below with seemingly no problems at all! But here's what I wonder: Maybe there is still that protective mental attempt to put a brake on this weight loss, and this is how it's manifesting this time around on this plan. Could that be something affecting you right now? So trying to make you and your groove not seem to fit together very comfortably now, when before you were so-o-o-o in the groove that it was like silk!

I wonder if this might not be a good time for you to take a break from the weight loss and spend awhile in maintenance at this new low weight. Give yourself a range of a few pounds up, and resolve to weigh often enough to make sure you aren't gaining back again. But give your body some time now to get used to being this new slimmer size. You've lost a lot of pounds in this very few short weeks. You've done fabulously, fantastically well!!! Maybe the next fabulous and fantastic thing to do is give your body its due resting period to find its new balance and comfort level before pushing it further. (Truthfully, I spent periods in maintenance between weight loss periods, and I think it was the best thing I did for myself.)

Just a thought, Dear Friend. I don't know what you are facing in your life right now, but perhaps just skipping DDs completely for awhile and alternating between MDs and UDs would be a benefit. Something to think about anyway. Warmest Regards and my very best wishes for you.
SoHappy, I think I'm going to re-name you SOSWEET! I think that's a fitting description.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to think about me and my situation. I appreciate it more than you can ever know.

My life is in turmoil right now on several fronts and it is affecting the way I see my weight loss, as the ONE thing I can control. It's my body and I can do it if I want to.

Well, then, the emotional eater looking for comfort takes over and when I "lose control" it sends me into a place I do not like emotionally. In the past, I would simply give up. I mean what's the use? Right?

Well, with JUDDD and with the support here (as I have never had before), giving up is NOT an option! I am in the 160's for goodness sake! I haven't been here for decades, like was mentioned, couldn't get below 175. SO, I KNOW this WILL work, it's just excruciating when I sabotage myself and I have a hard time crawling back outta the pit.

Also, my body is changing chemically and how it functions, and I have either reduced or eliminated some medications that I have been on for many years and I'm trying to find a new place of what is "normal" (for me - as there is no such thing as "normal") Sleep has been disrupted and some old pains have resurfaced making is difficult to exercise or have energy.

Sooooo, I hate to be a downer, especially in this POSITIVE WONDERMOUS BEAUTIFUL SUPPORTIVE group, and that's why I backed off from posting a bit.

But I want to so much to rejoice with all the great LOSERS! (hahaha, we're all a bunch of losers!) and stay in contact.

So, I hope and pray I didn't bring y'all down and thanks for being patient and understanding with me, this is a HUGE thing - this weight loss and my other circumstances are affecting it (and me).

I don't feel like I want to take a break, I REALLY want to keep going, but I have to re-find my groove, get in it and STAY in it. That's my prayer and what I'm working towards.

Thank you again SoSweet errr SoHappy, you have really blessed me by your interest and concern.

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 04-13-2011 at 09:14 AM..
Old 04-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieS View Post
yes yes yeeeeeeeees !!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from across the water!~ I am doing the Happy Dance for you Annie!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
Now to my scale report.

Today, a week and a day after my weighing too soon. . .the new weight loss is true, plus two more. (so down 4 from last weigh in 8 days ago) Now don't think this is trivial, because it is monumental to a slow loser.

I am psyched!! DH comments that this plan works wonders for me.

I think it is a miracle!!!

Still can't believe it is working.

DH asked (sneaky isn't he) how much I would have to lose before I was at the weight a flattering picture was taken. (sneaky because he knows better than to ask how much I weigh)

And it is 25 more lbs. I am owning that here and now.

The honesty of owning that I have let my weight go (again) is overwhelming. I can blame it on taking steroids (and I do) and blame it on the bossa nova (telling my age here) but I let myself go (yet again.)

I am still taking the steroid type medication (can't function without it) and losing. Thanks JUDDD.

A more honest Janie
Janie!!! WOW, what an awesome post! I hear ya! I'm rejoicing with you, JUDDDD IS like a miracle!

And I share some of your re-gain feelings and you are dealing with it honestly YAYAY!, although you know the steroids have a LOT do with it. So, you losing like this whole ON steroids is nothing short of miraculous!

Thank you for the openness!

We're rooting you on girl!!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #149
Senior LCF member

RealFood-
You may not want to stop and maintain for a while, but it might be best (I say "might" because only you know).

If you're having personal issues and also trying to optimize on fewer (or different) meds, those problems may be enough to deal with without also trying to do DDs--which I think are a major stress by physically and psychologically. We can get so used to them that we forget this.

Keep in mind that to 'maintain,' you really can't eat much more than you have been, but it would give you the option of more DD calories for a while, which might help keep you from the urge to binge.

Again, only you know yourself and your situation, but sometimes the best choice isn't the one we'd prefer to make.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Leo,

THANK YOU!! I understand where you're coming from and I may find it necessary a little later, but, right now, if I do that, I'm concerned I might cave in totally and give up. I still have SO far to go, I really need to get closer before I can even think about staying still.

I just HAVE to get over these hurdles and keep going and I'm doing my best and praying for strength.

Thank you for listening and understanding and offering input. It means a great deal to me.