Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
DD for me today, too. I need it, after last night's cheese binge...it was a badly controlled UD for me overall yesterday and then I totally blew it calorie-wise at the end with way too much cheese. I simply cannot use cheese as a snack anymore. I love it too much and can't seem to control myself--the alien took over my brain (where was my metal colander hat?) and marched me straight back to the refrigerator for more, over and over again. From now on, I'll just use cheese in UD recipes, in reasonable (i.e. normal human-size) portions.

Woo hoo RFL, I love watching your numbers go down down down! Well, actually, everybody's are looking so good. I love the success and enthusiasm of this group!

I'm leaving on Saturday for a week in Cancun, gal-pal trip. I'm packing my suitcase with Baja Bob's 0 cal drink mixes and I'm going to try to get some gluc powder and oat fiber through customs. I'm going to measure out what I think I might need for the week and if it gets confiscated, at least I won't lose the whole bag. But my plan is to enjoy myself with my friends while sneakily taking as many 0 or low-cal options as possible so the damage won't be too severe.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 205/188.4/135 5'5.5"
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Have a great time on your gal-pal trip! I've been to Mexico. Sounds like you are being proactive in your preparations. That's awesome! I hope you don't beat yourself up too much over your rough UD yesterday. You'll make up for it with a good DD or two.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

I should've read before sending my reply. Should've said I've NEVER been to Mexico.

Darn tiny smartphone keyboard.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Penguin,

I love Cancun. You will love it. ARe you staying in town, or in one of the resorts along the coast?

Will you be at an all inclusive??? (I have hints for that.)

Will you have a kitchen???

You won't have any trouble with the powder if you put into your checked bag.

I wouldn't try it on carry on. Just me.

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

I've been to Cancun a number of times - it's about my favorite place to vacation! We stay in a timeshare at the Royal Resorts - this time we are at the Royal Caribbean. It's in the hotel zone and very safe. We almost never leave the resort, since there are three of them all linked together with many activities offered right on-site, and another sister resort that they will shuttle us to if we want to do something there, plus resort-sponsored excursions that are very well protected in case we want to venture out (we probably won't). The only exception is we have to make ONE trip on our own to Walmart. I just love going to Walmart in Mexico lol. We take the bus with the locals up to Walmart, and risk our lives with a taxi driver to lug all our bags back. Here's the beach

I love the Mexico all-inclusives, too, but this time we just needed a somewhat inexpensive trip and there were no great AI deals offered, which is probably better for my poundage. I can suck up a lot of Banana Monkeys when they are free! Baja Bob's Mudslide is good but not the same, but I know I'll still ingest way too many alcohol calories. My plan is to stay ultra low-cal foodwise as best as I can, and "save" my calories for booze. Oh boy.

I'm so looking forward to this trip since I love traveling with my pals, and also because this winter has been never-ending here. Of course, on Saturday when I leave, it is supposed to go all the way up to 68, then 70 on Sunday. Right now it's 39.

I am definitely going to put my powders in my checked bags, but my only concern is if I get the red light at Cancun and have to open it and they question all that white powder!
Old 04-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #66
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Penguin- I wish you a great time! BUT (and you may already know this) my will power is only as strong as my sobriety. A glass of wine with dinner is fine, but two glasses, and I'm having dessert, three glasses, and I'm eating from the bread basket and inhaling the rice in my paella. It can be tough!

My most successful vacation 'eatingwise' was when I traveled with a friend who is in AA and didn't want to drink in front of her (although she insisted she didn't mind). In 2 weeks, I think I had no more than 3 glasses of wine in total. And I came home 2 lbs lighter!
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

I understand completely what you're saying Leo. Alas, my gal pals (and I) are about as far from AA members as one can get...fortunately, I could live for the whole week eating nothing but salsa and/or pico, and I'm not crazy about chips or bread, my downfall has always been things like cheese and nuts. So my plan is to lots of salsa and papaya but no cheese or nuts...well, it's sort of a plan.

If it doesn't work out and I come home a little heavier - JUDDD will help me get it back off!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Evening JUDDD Lovelies!

How was / is everyone's DD?

Donna: WOW, I hope you have an AWESOME time in Cancun! Looks wonderful! Thanks for your kind words. I love seeing how everyone is doing!!

I hard-cooked a dozen eggs this morning in my NuWave, so fun!
I had to grab my food and leave the house as The Princess and I spent most of the day in the drs office. I brought my water, but no snack. MISTAKE!

Anyway, I finally made it home and it was ALL I could do to not chow down on everything in the fridge!! But, thank G-d, He gave me the strength to resist. I had what I had planned and then left to get my shower.

Now, I'm resting, getting ready to watch my Criminal Minds shows tonight and I have a planned snack before bed.

Tomorrow, I have to cook a pasta dinner for 25 people for my husband's group, so I need to keep my JUDDD UD closely in control.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:10 AM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
Hey Y'all!
Everyone is doing so great---proud for you all!!! Semi-under control...DD today before I go on my trip. RFL--fantabulous!!! I love reading all the encouraging emails!! Using hubby's computer as my modem (yes, we don't have high-speed available in the way-out-in-the-country area where I live) was knocked out in the big storm. You would think I would have remembered to get OFF the computer...oh well, another 60.00 down the drain! Just thankful we didn't get blown away!
I have still been reading my Alternate Day Diet book. He does have some good recipes in the back for sure.
Everyone have some fun! The Cancun trip sounds great!
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:12 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hello everyone!

I wanted to just say and thank you all for support thoughout the last couple of months. I have stuggled with JUDDD the last couple months. It brought back some binge behavior I thought was long gone. I hung on there I think a bit to long. I should of realized my pattern and stopped doing judd. I enjoyed the down days but the up days just always got away from me. I also allowed sugar back into my eating plan and found that is just not possible. I am now following more of a fast 5 and eating my calories within a window. This seems to really work for me. I will try on full fast a week and see if it causes any binging...If not then I will continue with that to help with the calorie cycle. I do believe that the calorie cycling it the key. If I can not handle a full fast then I just will not do it. I am looking to loose the 5pounds I gained then maintain figure out how to maintained easily!!!!

So I am back to low carb and tyring an eating window. I am journally again and using ******. I am not forcing myself into a number of carbs. I do not have problem eating good healthy veggies. I am lucky with that because I know some can not do that.

I will follow you guys and wish you luck.

RLL I am so proud of you... You have done so well with Juddd. Continue your journey!! God bless you.

Leo Thank you leo for all your support. I just could not handle the feast and famine metality. I really tried and believe calorie cycling works but I need to do it a differant way. Judd is to high and low for me. I think you are amazing and I enjoyed getting to know you. You have helped so many including me.

So Happy I love your posts. I think you come at from a differant perspective and find that one size does not fit all. Thank you for all your kind words. I will check up on thread and see how your doing.

Last edited by JKat; 04-07-2011 at 05:15 AM..
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
RealFoodLiving said:

"I hard-cooked a dozen eggs this morning in my NuWave, so fun!
I had to grab my food and leave the house as The Princess and I spent most of the day in the drs office. I brought my water, but no snack. MISTAKE!"

Okay, will you run over to the recipe JUDDD and tell me how to do this???? I'm in the dark on how to. Would be great time/energy saver.

Thanks in advance!!
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:36 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Jodi! Best wishes to you, you'll be missed. I hope the fast five does better for you. I know I too had problems adding in sugar in the beginning and had to cut it out.

Finished my DD yesterday and I did well! It was good to have the sauteed cabbage for lunch, that really helped with the "hungries". Not sure what's happening today with my UD, gonna figure out a nice dinner for DH and myself. He's been so great about my DD's and often gets a main meal salad dinner with me, only he gets additional fats and proteins. Rain is in the forecast, again and a ridiculous drop in temperature. 25 degrees below normal for this time of year. I thought the wood stove was done for the season, but I'll probably be sparking it up again this evening.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Blonde...I will stay in touch. You have done really well with it and wish u continuing success!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #74
Senior LCF member

Jodi- We all have to find what works for us. Actually, I'm amazed that you can do Fast 5 because I don't have success with that--it's just too much 'deprivation' for me. You also may want to PM 'Ouis' and ask her what she's doing. She found JUDDD caused binges, but I think she does her own form of calorie cycling, and that may be something that works for you.

Also, if I read your post correctly, you plan to seek out a way to maintain 'easily.' I don't want to rain on your parade, but I'm convinced that maintaining in any form is as challenging as weight loss, perhaps more so.
I have 'temptations' to add this or that which I would never even entertain when I was trying to lose, and now I occasionally indulge--and regret it. It's also difficult (as you well know) to find that 'happy' calorie level that keeps the weight stable.

I told my endo the other day that my motto is, "Eternal vigilance is the price of maintenance,' and he liked that because he's seen so many patients who re-gain weight they've lost, and he agrees that maintenance is tough.

In any case, good luck with finding your solution and stay in touch with us!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

I think what I mean Leo by maintaining easily is being able to enjoy my foods and not feel deprived. I do not want to stuggle the way I have been. I have only done fast 5 now for a couple days but I am finding it doable. Dare I say easy. I do not feel deprived but more in control. I open my window about 1pm. I do not have a problem waiting to eat but do need to be very on top of closing the window.

Last edited by JKat; 04-07-2011 at 10:53 AM..
Old 04-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #76
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaysol
good afternoon everyone!

I had my best dd yet yesterday and today when I went to my ww meeting (I already pre-paid so I might as well go for the motivation) I FINALLY after 8 long weeks got my 5 pound reward (5.6 actually I still do my points on my up days (just use an extra 10 or so) because it keeps me from going nuts and so far this is working great for me. 2.8 of my 5.6 was from doing JUDD since last Tuesdsay. The best part is my TOM started yesterday and I was still down. I guess my metabolism needed to be shaken up.

Yesterday I got some new Gluten free buckwheat flax pancake mix and I really wanted them but I put them away and this morning after my weigh-in I made them and actually only ate 2.. Normally I would have wanted for more than that but I really feel in control and full much faster. I made a great lunch yesterday that really helped too - sauteed mushrooms,red peppers and 2 ounces of cooked steak strips - only 150 calories and I could hardly eat it, that got me through till dinner when I had a blackened tilapia fillet (110) cals and a cucumber with vinegar. No hunger and healthy to boot. This gets easier every dd...

Hope you all have a great day!
kaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #77
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Jodi-JKat!!! You better stop back in here occasionally to say hi! I'm going to miss you!

I'm sorry to hear that the JUDDD plan was not the best choice for your mind and body and eating desires, but I certainly know it is not for everyone. Rats!

Good luck with the IF plan and your idea to include a bit of calorie cycling within that framework. If you are comfortable with the timing of a window being opened and closed, that sure sounds like another good way to monitor eating. That's the one that didn't work as well for me because sometimes I don't eat until midday, easily, but we also quite often go out for breakfast with friends, breakfast meetings, coffee and scones with my girlfriends, etc. You know... I have to live my life! And then there would be my problem with getting the window complete shut down at a reasonable hour of the evening. We are all just plainly different from one another in our needs, the difficulties we face, and what we must do to make a plan work for us, individually, aren't we.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed tightly for your success and ease on the IF plan. You have my warmest regards. Now, remember! Stop back in sometimes to let us know how you're doing, and to say hi!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jodi,

I'll miss you hon!! But we each have to do what works best for us!

Hugs and best wishes for your success!

G-d bless you too!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shalom,

Extreme DD for me (liquids only) because my UD went Up Up and AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! LOL! Running back to the ease and safety of my DDs. Feeling better already, sipping on water water with stevia.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #80

Doing a DD of salads today. And LOTS and LOTS of iced tea.

My weight is maintaining wonderfully well. Don't know whether I'm just lucky, or whether this is just the weight my body is happy at now at this age.

Hope you all have a good and very successful JUDDD day today.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday, friends!

Having a DD today after what was probably my best-controlled UD yet. My lunch yesterday was very filling, so I didn't have an afternoon snack and I kept my dinner minimal. I even kept my evening chocolate treat reigned in. So proud. I even weighed myself this morning, even though my plan is to just weigh in after DDs. Down another pound. I'm so thankful that i found this woe! It's such do-able plan that it almost feels like a non-plan, if that makes sense.

Anyway, good luck to my fellow DDers, and to you UDers, enjoy!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 04-08-2011 at 09:53 AM..
Old 04-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning Friends!

DD for me today and although it's10:00 am I just got out of bed! I never ever sleep in, but it was so cold when DH left this morning I crawled back in bed and zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Kaysol, if counting WW points on your UD works, then good for you!! Some of us do struggle with too many UD calories and WW sounds like it keeps you where you want to be. Congratulations!

Leo, I would agree that maintenance would be harder than weight loss. That's why I gained back every pound I ever lost when I was younger and on perpetual diet mode. I used to scoff at the "lifestyle change" dogma...maybe I didn't want to believe that I would have to truly change my eating habits. Eternal vigilance is the price of maintaining all of the hard work during diet mode, otherwise.....

RFL~ don't be so hard on yourself. It's a new day and a DD so tackle it as always.

SoHappy, Mommie~ have a great day as well!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Everyone!!

Just NOW getting in here!!

Yesterday was a successful, very low DD. YAY.

Today, I had a hankerin' for salads, salads, salads and it's an UD, so, Ive been eating salads and eggs, YAY,

Tomorrow, a DD! YAY!

I love JUDDD (even when I go overboard, I feel better coming back to JUDDD).
Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

RFL: Great job on your UD success! Have a wonderful DD today!

I had a UD yesterday as well, but this will be a MD today so i can get back on my M/W/F DD pattern again. I have a question for all of you though regarding working out. Yesterday I went for a nice long walk in the nice weather, and for the first time I logged this activity into my calorie-tracking app on my phone...just to keep track of having done it, ya know? Anyway, it subtracted my calories burned from my calories consumed for the day...changing my net calories to UNDER what I had been shooting for for the day. So the question is, do you guys subtract activity calories and eat according to daily NET calories or do you go strictly by your "calories-in" numbers? I ask because I don't want to mess up my weekly calorie average by taking it too low, but I also don't want to err on the side of too many calories and slow down my progress.

Suggestions?
Old 04-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys;14549183..........I logged this activity into my calorie-tracking app on my phone...just to keep track of having done it, ya know? Anyway, it subtracted my calories burned from my calories consumed for the day...changing my net calories to UNDER what I had been shooting for for the day. So the question is, [B
do you guys subtract activity calories and eat according to daily NET calories[/B] or do you go strictly by your "calories-in" numbers? I ask because I don't want to mess up my weekly calorie average by taking it too low..........
I don't worry about tracking any calories from exercise, work-outs and swimming, hard work, etc. To me, using your body for doing some hard work is a part of life, or should be, and I don't worry about how many calories got burned doing that work (or exercise). Obviously for quite a few years I ate too much to counter-balance it all! I certainly wouldn't want to subtract out my calories used for exercise, or even just for being alive, and then find my totals lower than I had intended and EAT MORE just to bring the calorie total up. LOL -- I think that app would be a good one for people who are too skinny and are trying to pack on some weight. They need to know how much of their precious calorie consumption is being used up with exercise so they can eat more food/calories to make up for that loss. But my problems have been the opposite of theirs, so I don't want any program indicating that I should be eating more calories! Did I explain that very well? Or did I leave it as clear as mud?

You are doing a good job, aren't you! I'm so happy to see folks using this plan and seeing it work for them. I think it is a wonderful way to get into our heads that calories do matter, and they usually matter a lot! By controlling them, no matter what ratio of fat/protein/carbohydrate we eat at, we can hope to lose weight, experience our bodies slimming and reshaping, and ease back on some unhealthy body functions we were experiencing, and gain in health overall. Wow! All from being able to ease back on the food we were cramming in! All from being able to refrain from eating, eating, eating so much! It's so simple and yet it sometimes seems almost like magic, doesn't it!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #86

RFL, LOLOLOLOL!!!!! I got a big chuckle out of your last post!

It's a DD! YAY!!!

It's an UD! YAY!!!

It's salad! YAY!!!

They say attitude is everything, so I think you are going to have everything that a positive attitude can bring you. And you are doing so well... so there you go! Proof!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #87
Senior LCF member

Andrea- I would caution you against subtracting calories for exercise because all those calculators are flawed, and you could be subtracting far more than you're actually burning. Unless you were personally tested, there's no way to know how many calories you've burned with exercise because our metabolisms are all unique.

And unless you are an elite athlete (Michael Phelps,the swimmer, gets to eat 12,000 calories a day when he's training!), the number of calories you burn is not very significant in terms of your daily calorie requirements.

I have exercised regularly throughout my weight loss but never considered it as contributing to my losses. I exercise for overall health.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: The Brew Crew 6
Stats: 220/188/120
WOE: HCG
Start Date: off and on for as long as I can remember!
Newbie here!!!

Hey all! I am a newbie here and am looking for some advice. I am currently doing the hhCG plan (not very successfully) and I cant seem to get myself on track. I have read about the JUDDD plan and noticed that there are some similarities to the HCG plan in the DD.

Are there any of you out there that are HCG converts? Is the weight loss similar to the HCG plan?

Eating for me is a mental game, and i am hoping that knowing that an UD is right around the corner would get me through the DD.

Thanks in advance!!
mini goal #1: 185
mini goal #2: 175
mini goal #3: 150

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

The Brew Crew 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #89

Hi, BrewCrew! I've never done the HCG or related weight loss plans, so can't offer anything there, but I do believe that you will be able to do JUDDD if you can do even a few days in a row on the hhCG.

On JUDDD you are just low calories for the one Down Day, and then it's followed with an Up Day of your full quota of calories, or at least it's a Medium Day if you choose that.

Yes, sometimes the DDs can be hard to adhere to, especially in the beginning. I guess our tummies and brains just aren't used to eating so few calories, but it isn't very long at all before you can do it, and even enjoy it!

And the weight loss is there!

Hope you do decide to join us here. It's an interesting plan and a fun little group. Good luck to you.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: The Brew Crew 6
Stats: 220/188/120
WOE: HCG
Start Date: off and on for as long as I can remember!
Thanks sohappy!! I have about 75 lbs to lose and just need it gone! I really didnt have a problem with the DD and the amount of calories. I dont really have much hunger at all. Its a mental thing for me. As soon as my brain realizes it cant have something, thats exactly what I want, even if I'm not hungry.

I was wondering what type of rate of loss everyone is having? I know on HCG you can lose anywhere from 5-10 lbs a week, but I am sure its not that crazy on JUDDD. Is it?
The Brew Crew 6 is offline   Reply With Quote