Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
I needed to stop in here way before this evening! Way to go for everyone who is doing so well (everyone!). I am having a very difficult time with trying to get through this week with correct DD. Hubby springs a let's-go-out-to-eat at the last minute. I can't worry about it or it will ruin my whole Spring Break! I have been going to the gym throughout this big fiasco! I have a Women of Joy conference this weekend and I am going to bring some Atkin's bars and some things I can snack on while the others are eating chocolate in our motel rooms! I am allergic to chocolate---can y'all believe? I developed this allergy about six years ago...now I thank God for letting it happen! I can't even imagine what would be going on if I could eat it!
Welcome to all newbies!
We're under a tornado watch...RFL, I hope it doesn't come as far east as you. I am in southeastern TN. I just gotta put it in God's hands and not worry (AND stay out of the kitchen!!).
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I agree Magnameter! You are doing awesome!! I can relate to the scale games and only weigh once a month. Good for you! As SoHappy said, we are in control and we feel good!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaysol
I am so excited, when I weighed today I was down another 2 pounds and saw a number I havent seen in a loong while (I always get stuck 2 pounds above that number). I had my up day yesterday and did okay till the evening when I overdid it on some chocolate (pugmama - I only wish I was allergic to chocolate, that would solve so many problems for me!). I thought there would be no way I would lose but I did, sure made sticking to my dd easier today! Also discovered how filling a huge veggie and egg white omlet can be. I wish I liked eggs more (I really only love them on toast which doesnt work out so well) but I can certainlly eat them every other day if this keeps working for me...

Might have to go to bed early to keep my dd down today, looking forward to tommorow. A friend wanted me to go out to breakfast because my youngest was at her cousins and the other two finally went back to school after spring break and I actually turned her down because I didnt want to blow it, and this was before I knew I lost. I don't think I have ever done that but I am very commited to this - seeing how motivated you all are has me motivated too!

whoo hoo JUDDD!
kaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysol View Post
I am so excited, when I weighed today I was down another 2 pounds and saw a number I havent seen in a loong while (I always get stuck 2 pounds above that number). whoo hoo JUDDD!
WooHoo, JUDDD!!!

Way to go! It is exciting, isn't it! We have so many good news reports here in the JUDDD thread, and that is because IT WORKS!

I know you will be keeping up your good work. Nothing is as motivating as success.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
@Kaysol: Yay! It sounds like you are off and running! Awesome work!

I had a DD today and did really well. I'm hungry right now, but am excited to get on the scale in the morning, so I'll not be having any more to eat. I'm just working on some diet peach tea right now before I hit the hay. Total calories for the day are just under 500. Tomorrow's UD is pretty well planned through lunch.

I'm really digging my new calorie-counting-tracking phone app! I really think being able to type foods in anytime I want or even just type a food in to see if I want to spend the calories on it has been HUGELY helpful to my JUDDD plan. If you remember, I had been having a lot of trouble doing well on my UDs, but the last few have been great since I can track my food so closely. Silly, yeah, but it makes me happy and is helping to keep me on track so I'll take it.

'Night all!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:40 AM   #36
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Kay-
Just do the best you can. That's all any of us can do. I sometimes wish I were allergic to chocolate, although I've learned to eat baking chocolate and unsweetened cocoa so that I can get my 'fix' with no sweeteners at all. For me, it's the 'sweet' taste that stokes the appetite.

I did a DD on Sunday (normally a MD or UD for me), so my 'alternation' is screwed up this week! I'm so conditioned to M, W, Fri DDs that it's difficult for me to do other days. (OK, I'm weird.) I tried to make Mon a MD to get back on track, but it became an UD, but if today is a DD (my plan), the entire week will be screwy!

The good news is that I'm maintaing OK. At the endo yesterday, I was 155 but that was after breakfast and about a gallon of coffee, so I think I'm under 155 which is where I'm trying to maintain (I was 151 first thing in the morning).
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
GOOOOOOOOOOOOD Morning Everyone!!!!

How are y'all doing today?

Magnamater! Whooooo Hooooo! How awesome is that??? I love making mini-goals and it feels so amazing to meet them! Congratulations!!

You said
Quote:
I'm in this for the long haul. Have to be, because I don't lose quickly for many reasons--post menapausal, autoimmune thyroiditis, taking steroid like meds, and of course, too many VLC diets over the years, making it hard to tweak my metabolism. But JUDDDing does!! It's magic, almost!! Like someone pulled the plug and the water/fat us melting away!! i'm not expecting miracles, but I think they are happening!
YESSS! That's exactly what I'm seeing as well!! JUDDD rocks! <Doing the Happy Dance for you and JUDDD miracles!!>

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 04-05-2011 at 06:16 AM..
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pugmama :::HUGS:::: Sometimes we have "those" days / weeks, you know? I agree that you can do the best you can and try not to beat yourself up and get discouraged.

You'll be in a great place at the WOJ conference! WOWWWW, that's great!! <-------- jealous!! I know you'll be able to refocus on what is the most important and gain the strength to keep doing this and not give it a place it does not deserve!

Yes, I agree, a chocolate allergy is a blessing sometimes!!

Hang in there sister!

How did the weather affect you? I think we may get some of those storms today!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:44 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kaysol!

WOW! Don't you LOVE those lower and lower numbers on the scale??? I don't live for the scale, but I sure like it when it gives me good news! HAHA

Good for you for reigning yourself back in! YAY!! You CAN do this!!!

Eggs: I think eggs are a power-packed food and so beneficial for overall health and for me, for weight loss. I know you can "doctor up" eggs and egg whites in omelets and such and hopefully you can use them (and enjoy them) on your DDs. Eggs are an ESSENTIAL part of my LC JUDDD plan especially on DDs, but even on UP days.

Sometimes I have to turn down "eating engagements" if I know it will stress me out and tempt me beyond what I am prepared to eat. I think that's a good thing. Of course, I also do go out and eat socially, but I am getting more and more choosy about the place and circumstances.

Some JUDDDers can go out and have special occasions every other day on UP days and not blow it, but for me, I have a binge background and I don't want to go to the edge of the slipper slope, ya know?

Bottom line though: You do what works best for YOU!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:48 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Andrea!!!!!!!!! That app sounds cool! (I don't have a "smart phone", but I know how great certain apps can be! That sounds like a good one!

I think having the TOOLS at hand can really empower you and help you be more successful on JUDDD. I'm so tickled this is working well for you!

Enjoy your UP say sweetie!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:20 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all,

I am doing well today and have the past few days (since Friday when I overate).

I'm down to a NEW low! 161.4. A NEW decade is on the horizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've already bought my 150s present(s) and they are organic starts for my garden. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to get them early, but they really are my decade reward and I'm hoping I'll be "legal" (in the 150's) very soon!!!!!

How do y'all reward yourselves with non-food rewards and at what intervals?

I have /had a LOOOONG weight loss journey and I wanted to make it special and exciting, so I chose acknowledging each decade (10 pound increments) on the scale. It has been SO much fun to do it this way! And I have many more to go! LOL! I like rewards!

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 04-05-2011 at 06:34 AM..
Old 04-05-2011, 06:28 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Hey y'all,

I am doing well today and have the past few days (since Friday when I overate).

I'm down to a NEW low! 161.4. A NEW decade is on the horizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've already bought my 150s present(s) and they are organic starts for my garden. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to get them early, but they really are my decade reward and I'm hoping I'll be "legal" (in the 150's) very soon!!!!!

How do y'all reward yourselves with non-food rewards and at what intervals?

I had /had a LOOOONG weight loss journey and I wanted to make it special and exciting, so I chose acknowledging each decade (10 pound increments) on the scale. It has been SO much fun to do it this way! And I have many more to go! LOL! I like rewards!
You are doing so fabulously, it just thrills me!!!!!!!!!

I just want to scream sometimes when I'm reading on the Main Lobby that 'counting calories doesn't work' and 'weighing and measuring and counting calories is too much trouble' and the 'I'd never count calories.. that's too much like a diet' comments, but there are so many people over there who just aren't losing it and really, really need to. Not just for their pride and self-satisfaction, but for their ongoing health! But I guess to each, his own.

Anyway, it sounds like you will soon need to be posting a new avatar picture!
The weight is just falling off of you with JUDDD!

Hope the storms didn't touch you. I've been reading that they were bad and some people were even killed. Stay warm and cozy and safe.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #43
Senior LCF member

Congratulations, RFL --You're doing so great! As to 'rewards'--I always got so much satisfaction from the lower number on the scale that I really didn't need any rewards. Now my 'rewards' are being able to buy clothing in a size I've never worn in my life!

SoHappy- I agree with you about the 'bias' against counting calories on the board. What people don't realize is that Dr. A inititally published when the only dieting available was counting calories, and offering something "different" was a marketing tool that was emphasized for sales alone. Low carb eating only 'works' effectively in diminishing appetite so that the person eats fewer calories 'naturally.'

Both Dr. Atkins and Dr. Eades eventually got around to mentioning that without a calorie deficit, there's no loss on low carb plans.

What's ignored is that most morbidly obese people (I write from experience) don't have a 'normal' relationship with food. We eat from stress, for entertainment, from habit, for comfort, etc., etc. So it's possible to eat very low carb and still eat to excess.

Check out all the threads asking how people deal with evening snacking, cravings, etc. Those are all a reflection of basic food issues that have to be controlled for effective weight management.

Yes, there are some people who can simply go low carb and not worry about calories. But they are usually those with 10-20 lbs to lose who are also young and healthy.

I suspect that a lot of people 'give up' on low carb because it's not as 'easy' as they are led to believe by posters who insist that simply cutting carbs is enough. And that's sad.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Leo[/B]41;14534331]I suspect that a lot of people 'give up' on low carb because it's not as 'easy' as they are led to believe by posters who insist that simply cutting carbs is enough. And that's sad.
Yes. It truly is sad.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:01 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Congratulations, RFL --You're doing so great! As to 'rewards'--I always got so much satisfaction from the lower number on the scale that I really didn't need any rewards. Now my 'rewards' are being able to buy clothing in a size I've never worn in my life!
Yeeehawwww Leo, that IS a great reward!! I'm not there yet though I hope to keep heading that way.

Some people choose to acknowledge every 10 pounds by how many lost. That's fun too!! I'm looking for the 60 pound club coming up. Hey, it's ALL fun once that weight starts coming off!!! Whooo hooo!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning everyone!

Leo~ you are so right. I was one of the stubborn that said "I can't count calories, it doesn't work"...etc. I have revised my tune quite a bit. I do think that low carb is very healthy and offers many advantages, hunger control being one, but too many calories, even on the best low carb program will stall eventually. I count my calories to the nth degree on DD's and I "consider" my UD calories. I try and stay "lower" carb 50-75 gm. I'm happy to have found JUDDD, incorporated into my daily living, for good. Someone said it this is a journey and indeed it is. A discovery really of ones self and motivations, control, desires to be healthy and of course patience. I'm very pleased that this is helping so many of us beat food addiction.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 04-05-2011, 07:16 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
I had a slip up--got on the scales--knew it was a mistake, and I was up 1.5 lbs.

Just saying.

Weighing too often is a mistake, for me, because I don't have a straight weight loss, I bobble around for a while until it is "set in stone."

I know this, yet, for some strange reason,

I can't stay away from the scales.

I think I'll wait a full two weeks until next weigh in. Maybe a month.

UP day today!!

BBL!

Congrats, RFL, and everyone who is giving this the best chance one can.
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #48
Senior LCF member

Magnamater- There are even more 'fluctuations' on JUDDD than other plans, so try not to weigh more than once a week--but if you choose longer (Blonde weighs once a month!), try to do it at the same time/day to get the most accurate reading.

Like you, I react emotionally to the number on the scale--even if I 'know' it's only water weight or something. For example, if I weigh the day after a workout, I'll always see a higher number because of water retained temporarily by muscles that have been stressed. Knowing this doesn't help me get depressed--so I stay off the scale!

Weighing less frequently really helps us focus on the plan (i.e., eating properly) rather than the number of the scale, and that's healthier in the long run.

I would never NOT weigh--because that's what got me up to 300+, but IMO weighing too frequently can also have a negative impact on my weight.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
A quick post to say hello to everyone !!

I was reading the thread and I though I never saw a diet BBS where everyone is so successful ! seriously, usually you have 1 person who made it, giving advices to people trying, but a lot of struggling (and giving up) is involved !

Here it's so much different it's so encouraging to see so many JUDDDers in maintenance or close to it !!

I myself am getting closer and closer to my lowest as an adult... just can't wait !
This weekend I'm going to my inlaws, hope "belle-maman" will notice it (while my own mother didn't...) !!!

Another DD is over, stayed under 500, plus I went to my zumba class ... i'm ready to go to bed !!!

Bonne nuit everyone !
Old 04-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #50
Junior LCF Member

RLF - whoo hoo! you are doing so amazing! thanks for all the advice. Maybe I will make hard boiled eggs tommorow - I think I would like those better. I made deviled eggs with greek yogurt that were pretty good, lower calories than usual. Also bought some Atkins shakes, I was thinking the fat might make me fuller than my normal protein shakes shich leave me starving 20 minutes later... I guess it will take some practice to get this down but I will get there eventually!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

I've found my groove with weighing on JUDDD. At first I thought I would be ok getting on the scale daily, but I decided that wasn't going to work. It was like comparing apples with oranges everyday. One day was post-DD, the next was post-UD...too much fluctuation that really wasn't indicative of the good JUDDD work I was doing. So I've found that weighing only after DDs is the way for me to go. I still get to keep close eye on what the scale is doing (I get to weigh 3 days a week), but also more like comparing apples to apples since all of my weights are on post-DDs. It's just a preference thing (and a "what can you tolerate") thing.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening JUDDDers!! I hope y'all had an awesome day!!

Too Funny!!!(I think) With my ever-increasing greying hair and the fact that the plump fat leaving my face is leaving behind deep wrinkles, I noticed on my receipt today that I received a SENIOR'S DISCOUNT! LOL!

Annie: I'm sorry your mom didn't notice your great weight loss, but some people don't notice! I don't know why! Here's hoping your mother-in-love does notice. You're doing GREAT!!! Keep up the good work! And you are so right, this little corner of the internet is very unique and wonderful. I've never run into something like this. COuntdown to your goal! WHOOOOO!!

Magnamater: Big hugs! The scale can truly affect our emotions. I like Andrea's suggestion of only weighing after a DD.

Blonde, SoHappy and Leo: I am like you all, I see the same type of posts over and over in the Lobby and many times I will reply about JUDDD, but it's getting to the point for me where I don't even read and reply any more.

I used to be one of the proudly proclaiming that I don't count, weigh or measure yada yada yada and until I CHANGED that with JUDDD, I have never, ever had this type of weight loss success.

Kay:
It does take some time, maybe like a learning curve, per se. At least there was for me. It took me a little time to find my "fit" and "groove" on JUDDD. I'm still learning tho, never getting complacent. Just know we are here for you as you find what works for you!

I had a WONDERFUL UP day today, filled with veggies!! I love my veggies!!
I'm sipping on a mug ofwarm water, stevia and cinnamon and kicking back, getting ready to watch NCIS.

Have a great night y'all!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Leo, I can't wait till I can go shopping for new clothes...I say I am going to reward myself a little for each 5 pounds but honestly I haven't gotten there in the 8 weeks of weight watchers, maybe JUDDD will get me there! I think I should reward myself for working out, kinda like the chore chart I have for my kids!

I agree on the counting calories. maybe thats why I didnt lose much on straight LC, I think I overate because I could per se. I know I eat when I am bored. If I am out running around I can go for hours with no thought to eating but If I am home it's all I think about. I need to change my dd to the days my youngest is in preschool since thats when I run errands and can't eat, that would take care of at least 4 hours for me!

When do you all find is the best time to weigh yourself? I figured I would be less after a DD but each day I have found my weight down after an up day...not sure how to go about this. I probably should not weigh every day, I have issues with that. There have been times my husband has taken it to work with him because I get discouraged if I dont go down. At the same time though, seeing it go down keeps me from getting off course. Maybe I should just do it once a week..

I guess I will go eat a little something for my up day so I am ready for down in the morning!

have a great night everyone!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Hey Anrdrea, just saw your post on when you weigh, good idea. Maybe I will try every other day jusy to keep it consistant. that should help....
Old 04-06-2011, 04:06 AM   #55
Senior LCF member

Kay- Dr. Johnson advises weighing after a DD, and I think that's because first thing in the morning after a DD, there is likely to be much less in your digestive tract to add to the weight.

However, I found that weighing just once a week after a DD worked best for me. A couple of times I tried weighing mid-week (after a DD) and was UP in weight and got depressed, only to find that I'd lost by my 'official' weigh day. There are a lot of fluctuations with this plan, and I am particularly sensitive to water retention.

So I now only weigh weekly (unless I have a doctor's appointment and weighing there is unavoidable).
Old 04-06-2011, 06:46 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning JUDDDers!

How is everyone today?

Today is a DD and I'm all EGG-cited about it! YUP, all eggs!

I hard-cooked them in my NuWave. Cool beans! Not, not beans, EGGS!

We have a busy day of running and drs appts for The Princess and then home later to collapse, I mean rest.

I hope y'all have a GREAT and WONDERFUL JUDDD day! Love and hugs!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone!

DD for me too! I overindulged in homemade soup so looking forward to some "down" time! I'm glad everyone is doing so well. Speaking of successes, have you notice that this thread doesn't have the same old lamentations of "blowing" it and starting over? I love that every down day is a fresh slate and an opportunity to improve. It's taken me the last three months to hit a good groove, stay focused. I think the very principals involved in calorie counting those down days helps us to "know" our bodies, improve, and manage our weight loss or maintenance. We are "present" in ourselves, not mindlessly shoveling food in and thinking about how bad we are.

Blonde~ todays word of the day (for me) is~ Believe

I believe I will reach my goal, I believe I will maintain that goal, I believe that's the only way I'm going to get there. To believe in myself.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 04-06-2011 at 07:36 AM..
Old 04-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Blond, I agree.

I am thankful for the present DD, which gets me back on track after too many nuts yesterday.

Yes, I know I shouldn't have. But no biggie. Today is today!!

WTG. JUDDDers.
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Make that 3 of us doing a DD today! My whole day is planned out and I love that. Doing my DDs at work is just the best. I wonder how I'm going to do when I'm off from work all summer? I guess I'll need to figure that out, huh?

Anyway, yesterday marked 4 weeks on JUDDD and I am down 10 pounds in that time. Happy, happy! AND, for the first time today someone at work asked me if I was losing weight! Yay! It's starting to show!! I agree with posts that have said that our little neck of the woods is missing all those "fell off the wagon" posts that are everywhere. I find myself biting my tongue (fingers?) when I read many posts in the main lobby now...now that I see what JUDDD is all about and how well it works. I just want to scream it from the rooftops, but sadly we are in the minority in our ways here at LCF. Best of luck to everyone on their chosen plan, but for the strugglers I feel like I want to share our "secret" with them, ya know? Oh well, I'm rambling now....

I'll check in with everyone later. Have a fab day!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #60
Senior LCF member

Andrea-
Don't worry about being home for DDs! I'm retired, and I actually like my Mon and Fri DDs better because I can be home all day--and drink hot, green tea to satisfy my appetite. On Wednesdays, I volunteer, and I find it more difficult to get in all the hydration I need when away from home. I think it's just what you get used to (I was doing JUDDD for 15 month before I began volunteering), and you can do just fine at home.

Blonde-
You are right on about the insights, etc. we get from JUDDD--at least that's been my experience. I've always counted calories (need to in order to lose), but it must be the DD experience because the added bonus to the weight loss for me has been the sense of control over food and my food issues and the ability to refrain from 'bad habits' like impulsive eating and 'eating for entertainment.'

It seems to me that on-going weight management involves dealing with our behaviors relative to food, and for me, JUDDD has been enormously helpful in that area.