Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 12:11 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Er, RFL - then, what is "water walking?" Sorry, I have never heard of it!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Jennifer, I would suggest trying out those calorie levels for a week and see how they do for you. If you do well with it, then great, but if you didn't lose much, try to reduce your HD and MD by 200 each and see what happens. Or even keep your MD to 1000. 1500 seems really high for a MD and is what a lot of us try to stick with for our UD.
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #333
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Jennifer-
I agree with Edens. I dislike those "calculators," probably because I've never found one that worked for me, and I suspect we're all unique.

I came to JUDDD because I needed to severely restrict calories--I'd stopped losing eating 1200 cal a day, so I knew I had to go to a max of 1000, which was almost impossible for me on a daily basis. JUDDD enabled me to do that, and throughout my weight-loss journey with JUDDD, I mainly did 400 cal DD and 1400 cal UD. After I'd lost about 60 lbs on JUDDD, I had to lower my DDs to 350, but that was easy after doing 400 for over a year.

Keep in mind that I'm post-menopausal and also hypothyroid (and my endo suspects I have a genetically slow metabolism), so most people don't have to keep calories as low as I do. Also, those calorie levels only gave me a ONE pound loss a week on average, and I was happy with that.

Even healthy, younger women find 2 lbs a week difficult to sustain over time, so you might be too ambitious in your plans.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:38 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Donna,

I'm sorry It's simply what it sounds like. Walking in a pool filled with water.

Up and down the lanes, very fast using the water as resistance and using the water to buffet my joints. I walk / jog part way then, swim partway (the deeper end) and then go back swimming until my feet can touch the bottom of the pool and I start fast walking /jogging. I do this non-stop for 30-45 minutes or until my legs give out.

I'm shooting for 45 minutes twice a week.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jennifer,

I agree with Leo. I don't think ANY of those calculators are right and 2000 sounds really high to me!

I started with UDs 1500
MDs 1000
DD 500
Keeping CARBS low as well.

I'm now 60 pounds down and my days are
UDs 1400
MDs 900
DDs 350

STILL keeping carbs low. As long as I stick to these, I lose weight very well.

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 04-29-2011 at 09:15 AM..
Old 04-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #336
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
Breezin' in to say hello. We are without electricity for 2 weeks possibly due to tornado damage. So very thankful to God our home and lives were spared! Nine people were killed right down the road from us. Praying for those left behind with loss of homes and loved ones.
I have been a little unfocused on any DD. Will be eating out a little more often for the time being, but I have a plan! Subway salads (love those!), etc.
Hope everyone is doing o.k.
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Thanks guys! This week, I've been carefully counting calories on my up days and I have stayed well below 2000 calories. In my brain I'm just using that as my barrier. That I could eat that high, if I wanted to. I have stayed around 1500 calories on my up days. I guess I'm just afraid of lowering my calories so much that I'll never be able to eat higher than that without gaining weight when I'm at goal. I think alot of this is thinking that has been instilled in me my entire life. Never go below 1200 calories a day and such. Every book I've read has conflicting information and I don't know what to believe. Calories in, calories out, metabolic advantage, exercise vs. no exercise, etc. I guess I don't want to jack my metabolism while I'm trying to figure out what works best for my body. Please excuse me, I will figure this out (sooner rather than later). I just need to get used to it. It is working, I have to say that. I've been losing weight even after my up days so I know this is for me.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Pugmama,

I'm so sorry what is happening to you guys over there! I can't imagine. Take care!
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #339
Senior LCF member

Pugmamma- So sorry about your problems, but glad you were spared. Those storms were horrendous, so many lives lost! Of course, a DD should be the last thing on your mind, but taking care of yourself should be upmost. Just avoiding junk is a positive move on your part.

Jennifer- Just keep on with what you're doing. The key to 'calorie level' is whether or not you're losing. Personally, I would not eat one calorie less than necessary to meet my goals
Old 04-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Pugmamma, so sorry about losing electricity with the tornados. So sad about the losses of life and property, such a tragedy.

I've been there (tornadoes and hurricanes), and it is very difficult with our heat to not have air conditioning, plus the whole cooking thing. Hope you have water and a gas water heater! Water if nothing else!

Hoping for cool weather while you wait.
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #341
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
Thanks, Y'all, for all the encouraging comments! I feel so blessed to be here (that truly is no exaggeration). We do have water, but we have an all electric house. Going to the gym to shower and we have been offered a place to stay, but y'all know there really is no place like home. It is cool enough in the evenings that we can sleep with the window open, but our neighbor's peacocks are VERY loud!! Beautiful, though...
I would love to lose a little wt. in the next two weeks!
Everyone have a great weekend!
Liz
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #342
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: centaurea
Stats: 230/223/140 (5'8.5")
WOE: Carb/Calorie Cycling
Start Date: April 2011
Hmm. I posted in intermittent fasting but I think now what I am doing is closer to JUDDD, except I cut out all carbs on "down days" and do protein only, plus fish oil and fiber. PSMF? Maybe.. not quite. Was partially inspired by Lyle Macdonald's PSMF though. Anyone else do that? Anyway, I couldn't lose anything on any other diet, at least not any faster than maybe 1/2 lb per week, give or take 1/2 lb. Usually take. Haha. And that was just so interminably slow.

All that has changed since I found this up/down or semi-fast/refeed idea. Down "8" (really probably 5) pounds this week (232-224), though I was 3 up (227) this morning from lowest (224) yesterday. I think the 224 was anomalous in that I hadn't had much sodium at all the day before that, and then yesterday I did. I'm not taking it off my profile though, not until I pass it. Today is my "up" day. So far ok. No cravings, though I have had a couple of sugary treats (and also had oatmeal). I don't think I'll weigh tomorrow. Maybe Sunday.

I'm not doing calorie counting, just gram weighing and counting on "down" days which is good enough I think for now. Haven't counted today at all, just going by hunger. Sometimes I count every little thing, other times it drives me crazy. Right now it drives me crazy since I have so much more to deal with with life here, so I'm not doing it. I'll start if I stall, though. I'm so sick of being plateaued no matter what diet I try, and so happy to have found this.

I'm hypothyroid (Hashimoto's), too, like some here I see. But I think that some supplements I researched and am taking are helping that the past few weeks. My temperature has gone up (from 96 to 98-99) and I feel better in general, though I haven't gotten blood tests to confirm levels or antibodies yet.

Here's hoping for another great week of fat loss for myself, and all of your here as well.
centaurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Hope you guys have a great weekend. It's an up day for me and I'm going to company bbq. I set a kind of goal at the beginning of the month that I would like to lose 10 lbs and I weighed in this morning and met my goal! Exactly 10 lbs. Very exciting. I heart JUDDD.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are y'all doing today?

Pugmama: Oh, I'm so sorry you are going through this, but I am so thankful you all are OK! How horrible!

centaurea:
WELCOME TO JUDDD! JUDDD is different than any other woe that I've seen and it's really simple and best of all, it simply works! I hope you post about how you're doing.

Jennifer: TEN pounds! Whoooo hooooo! Excellent! Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right! Go girl!

I've just been "surviving" the past few days with lots of things going on. I had eaten some grains, cheese and other foods I had been staying away from and then I broke out with eczema again. This had totally cleared up when I was sticking with my abstaining. I'm not sure if it's the grains or cheese, or other things, but I know I need to eat "clean" to feel best.

This week coming up should be a good one and then the weekend will be tough as we'll be in a situation where I won't have access to "my" food for the weekend. I'll do my best with what's available and hope to stay "clean" in my foods. With prepared foods, it's hard to say what's in it though, so I'll just get through it and come out the other side

Today is a DD and so far, so good!

I hope y'all chime in and say HI and tell us how you're doing!

Happy JUDDDing!!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #345
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Just popping in to say HI to all my fellow JUDDDers and Friends!

I have to admit that I miss being online and at LCF quite as much as I used to be, and I'm getting a lot more accomplished in my 'real' life, but I miss you guys A LOT. -- I found the perfect balance of keeping a page to LCF left open on my computer, and then periodically I race in, scan a few of the boards quickly, occasionally post a bit, and then leave the room by force of will and continue my chores or gardening, etc.

I've started posting my daily menus and calorie/net carb counts on the Maintenance Board, so that is something I can refer back to quickly and easily, and it helps keep me a little more accountable than I tend to be otherwise. I really, really, really don't want to regain weight that didn't come off all that easily to begin with, so I have to pay attention to diet and calories every single day.

A big HELLO to the new folks here. JUDDD is such a great weight loss and maintenance concept, and works like a charm if you adhere to your correct calorie daily caps, I hope you all find pounds just melting away and maintenance to be (relatively) easy.

Also looks like folks are doing well, so just wanted to say, "Way to Go, Guys! Keep up the Good Work!"

Have a great Sunday, Everyone.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I made it through the bbq yesterday but just barely. They had a "thrifty" icecream bar there. I haven't had Thrift's since I moved from California. My dh and ds son had some and I was white knuckling it and feeling very sorry for myself. I ate one hot dog bun and that was my only off plan item. I kept my calories at 1600 so I don't think I did too bad. Well today will be MD day because I am following the M,W,F down days. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone!

SoHappy! YAY! So good to see you! I know that "real life" can get in the way of our online life!, LOL! I hope you stay in touch even tho you're doing Maintenance.

Jennifer: Good going!

Today being the 1st, I usually like to look backwards at the previous month (Leo's great idea, which has helped me tremendously!!) and take stock of how it went.

I am busier than a one-armed paper hanger in a hurricane right now (baking for a class I'm teaching in the morning) and so I won't get to do my "figgures" until tomorrow night, but this month I walked away from a very tough and not well-controlled eating month with a LOSS of 6 pounds!

It would have and should have been more, but, as I said, due to my off-plan eating, it is what it is and I am HAPPY with that loss! I am 61 pounds down and going for the goal of 39 more pounds.

Well, gotta run to take the son to youth group and then get setup for my baking class in the morning. Have a great day and I hope to see more of you JUDDDers jumping in here! We love you all!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #348
Senior LCF member

We now have a May thread--look for it.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #349
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaysol
Hello everyone! I didnt have a computer for the last week as we were putting hardwood down in our office. amazing how much I can get done without it! so glad to have it back though! So I think I lost 2.5 pounds this last month which for me is better than normal so I will take it! I starting tracking my cals on ********* today, hopefully I can lose a little better in May (I would be thrilled with 4 pounds, we'll see what I can do).

Anyway, I am eating my 35 calorie cup of miso soup and will eat some veggies later. looking forward to tommorow thats for sure!

have a great day!
kaysol is offline   Reply With Quote