Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 06:04 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Bonjour Leo, RFL, So Happy, Edens, Janie and Jennifer !

oh ladies ladies ladies....

I have been soooo naughty this week (which explains why I was MIA!)
I had meet-ups and diner parties every single days and therefore I couldn't have a single DD this week ! this was hard !!
The good thing is that I stayed as low carb as i could and didn't put more than a pound back !

Starting monday, I'll be back !!!

take care and have a wonderful weekend
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, Everyone! I've been really trying hard to spend a LOT more time off the computer and away from my favorite site, LCF, though I spent a lot of time here a couple of days ago, so it's a hard habit to break. LOL I periodically realize that I'm just spending too much time sitting at the computer, socializing online, and browsing the 'interwebs' for entertainment, which is all wonderful and even educational, but it eats up too much of my 'real' life. LOL So I'm trying to get more chores attended to around here with my extra time, etc.

Wavering up at the upper limits of my allowable maintenance range, so time to tighten back up and get down again. With JUDDD. Easy Peasy. So tighter DDs for sure, and somewhat lower UDs again, although those are pretty much the same as always. And a lot fewer mugs of creamed coffee and more mugs of plain hot tea instead. Curb in the more casual eating habits a bit. Find a little bit better 'place'.

I need to get caught up with all your posts here, but hope Everyone is doing well!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #273
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Annie- Only a pound (or two) is great for such a busy social schedule! I find that when I can't do DDs (as in your situation), staying low carb and trying to keep the calories as low as possible helps a lot. Unfortunately, restaurant meals make it difficult to control the calories, in my experience. They tend to 'specialize' in hidden calories

But the beauty of JUDDD is that a week back on plan with scheduled DDs always resolves any of these 'gains' for me.

SoHappy- Starting Easter Monday, I'm going to be more 'careful' myself. It's amazing how quickly we can get into our 'upper range.' I'm doing a MD today so that I can have an UD tomorrow--the reverse of what I usually do on weekends.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Starting Easter Monday, I'm going to be more 'careful' myself. It's amazing how quickly we can get into our 'upper range.' I'm doing a MD today so that I can have an UD tomorrow--the reverse of what I usually do on weekends.
Yeah. For myself, the most important thing is to stay on top of where my current weight is heading, and not ever let it get beyond a certain point again.

So easy to nip a few pounds back off again. So much harder if I were to let this go and wake up one morning to the realization that I, once again, had a lot of weight I needed to lose. I just don't want to go there again.

I'm off for awhile. Lots of shopping to do.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
lol, Leo and Janie, yep, a banana was the FIRST thing I had last Sunday, followed by pineapple and hawaiian bread. *sigh* I know it's just water, you're right. It just doesn't usually take THIS LONG for me to lose it. Thankfully I dropped 2 pounds yesterday on my DD so I'm at 220.8. I am so proud of myself! I had a 150 c lunch, then we went out to eat for dinner so I had a grilled chicken salad, and I told them to leave off two of my favorite things (cheese and avacado!) and asked for salsa instead of dressing, and asked for grilled fajita veggies. It was actually really good. I probably ended up having more than 500 calories, but we went to a friend's birthday party at Pat Obrien's after that and we were in the piano bar for a couple of hours but then we went to dance upstairs for a little while, and I danced my booty off. I danced so hard I got all sweaty and the new jeans I got yesterday got loose. lol Awesome! I'm also really proud of myself for not drinking at a BAR (gave my shot to someone else, drank only diet coke) and passing on the big birthday cookie they had instead of cake, even though it ended up right in front of me after it was finished being served. Gonna try for a low MD today. Tomorrow will DEFINITELY stay low carb at the bbq.
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Down Day for me today. I am a little concerned with my water retention. The last two days have been really uncomfortable. My feet, ankles, and calves are swelling up the way they used to before I started low carbing. This could be due to many factors. PMS, the warmer days, too much sodium, or a change in my diet. The water seems to be gone this morning (thank you diurex). Did anyone else notice problems with water retention when first starting JUDDD? I wonder if it's just going to take a little while for my body to adjust? Today is a dd and I will really focus on keeping the sodium down today. Tomorrow is a ham day so no promises there. I'm a little nervous. Monday will be a week on JUDDD and I'm showing no weight loss. I am in a weight loss challenge that ends on May 20 so of course not seeing my numbers go down is freaking me out a little. But, I have committed myself to this for two weeks and I will give it an honest try. I feel really good so that is my motivation for now. okay, so much to do today to get ready for tomorrow. I love it when I am busy on my down days. Don't have enough time to worry about being hungry!

P.S I understand about bananas. I had nasty stomach flu last weekend and I couldn't keep anything down except banana and applesauce. Even through my sickness, I enjoyed those bananas. I miss them so much!

Last edited by mcneilnomore; 04-23-2011 at 10:54 AM..
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Jennifer, I didn't have any water issues when I first started with JUDDD. If you will PM me and tell me what you've been eating, maybe we can figure out if it's something you've been eating or if it's just hormonal. A few days I noticed you said your down days were higher than 500 calories, not sure how high your up days are, so maybe it's calorie intake as well.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieS View Post
Bonjour Leo, RFL, So Happy, Edens, Janie and Jennifer !

oh ladies ladies ladies....

I have been soooo naughty this week (which explains why I was MIA!)
I had meet-ups and diner parties every single days and therefore I couldn't have a single DD this week ! this was hard !!
The good thing is that I stayed as low carb as i could and didn't put more than a pound back !

Starting monday, I'll be back !!!

take care and have a wonderful weekend
Hey Annie! I didn't see your post earlier! Good job for maintaining while enjoying your food! Sounds like you've been having fun!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #279
Senior LCF member

Jennifer- When I was your weight, my ankles always swelled in warmer weather, so it could be the weather.

As to weight loss, if your UDs were consistent with how you usually eat, then the lower DDs should result in a loss. However, it's easy for UDs to actually cancel the calorie debit of the DD if you're not careful. I've done that in the past, and it's the reason I've always counted on both DDs and UDs.

I just hate these weight-loss challenges. I think there's enough stress for a person in trying to manage her weight without the added pressure of meeting some deadline.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneilnomore View Post
Did anyone else notice problems with water retention when first starting JUDDD? I wonder if it's just going to take a little while for my body to adjust?
Hi, Jennifer. I didn't have any water retention problems that I'm aware of (remember), but I rarely have any troubles like that anyway, so my body didn't have anything to adjust to, other than the lower calories on Down Days. The foods were nothing different than I ever ate, except less protein/fat on DDs.

The only thing I've noticed with a few who came here was that they could do the DDs pretty well (certainly close enough) but they then tended to overeat on their UDs. So overall, their average calories were too high for weight loss.

Hoping next time you weigh in, you see a nice loss on the scale!
Old 04-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! My last couple of up days I have eaten at restaurants so I don't have exact counts. I wasn't counting calories, I was just sticking to my low carb diet. I'm planning on a higher carb day tomorrow at Easter (ham, sweet potato, and strawberries). I'll start journaling again on Monday to see how many calories I'm eating. Now that I have a few down days under my belt, I can really start focusing on the calories. I have not been able to get down to 500 calories. I'll keep working on it. Also, can't really judge anything until stoopid TOM comes. And, Leo, I'll be really glad when the challenge is over. It was good because it started me on this wol but it's between me and my girlfriends and we probably should have made it for a shorter amount of time. When it's over, I can focus more on my fitness than just numbers on the scale.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneilnomore View Post
Thanks! My last couple of up days I have eaten at restaurants so I don't have exact counts. I wasn't counting calories, I was just sticking to my low carb diet. I'm planning on a higher carb day tomorrow at Easter (ham, sweet potato, and strawberries). I'll start journaling again on Monday to see how many calories I'm eating. Now that I have a few down days under my belt, I can really start focusing on the calories. I have not been able to get down to 500 calories. I'll keep working on it. Also, can't really judge anything until stoopid TOM comes. And, Leo, I'll be really glad when the challenge is over. It was good because it started me on this wol but it's between me and my girlfriends and we probably should have made it for a shorter amount of time. When it's over, I can focus more on my fitness than just numbers on the scale.
It's probably your calorie intake, girlie! JUDDD is mostly about calories, and even us low carbers should try to keep up days lower than we usually would on plain old low carb. I try to keep mine under 1800, and that's high. Usually I try to keep it around 1500. I have noticed when I eat higher calorie I don't lose as much. Definitely keeping your DD lower than 500 will help. It's hard at first, but once you get used to it, you don't have to think about it much anymore.

I had a planned up day last weekend and it made me gain those three and a half pounds of water weight and I'm still .8 up from last Sunday. So if possible, try to eat very few of those carbs, especially if it's TOM and you've been retaining water weight. That's said out of the concern that if you gain water weight from Easter, that next week you will have the same sort of issues and won't see a loss, or much of one, and you will get discouraged. If you do, I hope you will give JUDDD at least one more week to see what happens off TOM and not around higher carb days.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Definitely Edens! Two weeks was my absolute minimum. It was not a great decision starting something new right before TOM.

I am coming clean also. Just ate a hotdog with bun. Moment of weakness at a barbeque. So no down day today. It'll have to be an unplanned medium day. I'm disappointed that I caved for the first time since starting low carb. But, I'm not going to sabotage myself and start making excuses why it's okay to keep eating bad stuff. Moving forward. I will keep it moderate tomorrow and not go crazy. And I will keep my eye on those calories. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to start counting calories on an up day. That I could just eat my regular low carb day. I average around 1600 calories a day according to *********. Ok, I'm going to go drink some water.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:23 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Good Monday Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!! (The morning-after)

C'mon, let's laugh and be positive about this!!

I took a few days "off". For reasons. And so, I am back with a higher weight in my stats. But, as always, lessons learned!!!

Today is a clean slate. A new and fresh opportunity and I'm going to do my best to keep it clean! An important lesson from the Resurrection of Messiah is that there are "Do-overs" and mercy and grace! So today, my "Do-Over" means a good DD for me!

How is everyone doing this Monday morning? What are your plans?
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:29 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Yep, time to get back in the saddle! I stayed away from regular bread yesterday but had 2 big toritillas worth 5 carbs each, with my fajitas. I ate very high calorie yesterday, including some lc ice cream and candy. lol So my carbs were probably around 40 yesterday, and I'm feeling it this morning. Because I'm hungry! I'm usually not hungry on DD mornings if I eat fewer carbs and calories on my UD's. *sigh* That's ok.

Hope everyone had a good Easter!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:33 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jennifer!!

I certainly wouldn't dream of telling you what to do, but I'll tell you what I do.

I tend to hold fluid because of my health challenges and so I drink, drink, drink and take a mild diuretic. I usually stay away from salty stuff, especially eating out or with a gathering because the food is so heavily processed and salted.

I count, count, count my UP and DOWN days and even the MD. When I "wing it" and don't have my calories entered (and planned) and stay within my limits on UP days, I do not lose weight, it's just that simple for me. And when I started at 218, my high cap on UP days was 1500, but I usually only ate 1400.

I have found my secret to JUDDD is making sure the calories are not too high (like on the JUDDD calculator) and counting and staying within those calories, especially on UDs, but on all other days as well. When I don't plan, count the calories and stay IN the calorie caps, I don't lose and I even gain, even eating low carb.

I don't enter weight loss "Challenges". I find them counter productive for me, cause me stress and usually are a trigger for me to binge.

I DO start over, clean, with a DD if I have not stuck well to my plan the day before. The cool thing is, there is a CLEAN SLATE every other day, with our DDS! YAY!!!! I love JUDDD!!!!

But, that's just me

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 04-25-2011 at 05:36 AM..
Old 04-25-2011, 08:04 AM   #287

Just popping in to say Hi and report my status, which is still holding in there and loving JUDDD for the freedom it gives me to plan. Nice to be able to feel free to partake in yesterday's Easter celebration meal, nice to be able to eat some of everything in moderate and reasonable amounts, nice to return to my Down Day today, knowing that it will bring balance and continue to balance my weight where I feel comfortable and happy with it.

Off shortly to run errands with my sister, have some fun 'bonding' time with her, and get stocked up again with my preferred food items. I haven't had any almond milk or Carb Calorie Countdown milk in the fridge in awhile. Time to stock up on the basics.

Has anyone ever done any fiber art using dyes? Not really tie dye or batik but abstract use of color blends on fabric? Or Japanese shibori?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I am feeling very good this morning as the scale has not moved up after yesterday. I did really well but I ate. I think you call it your up, up, and away days? I ate healthy carbs and ham and did not retain any water so I am hopeful that I will see a loss this weekend. It's a down day for me today and I have got everything under control. Packed my breakfast and lunch this morning and counting my calories. I will continue to count my calories all week for both up and down weeks. I need to do some research to figure out what the best calorie level for me is. The website says 2300 and I know that's too high. I am 5 foot 8 inches and 260 lbs. I want to make sure to eat enough on my up days so that I don't slow my metabolism. So, I'll be looking into that today. TOM starts on Wednesday and then I should see the scale moved down and I can't wait!!! Have a great Up/Down Day Juddd peeps!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi Everyone! Welcome Newbies!

I've taken a little time off of the boards (but not JUDDD). As SoHappy noted, it can become grueling at the computer, but I have been reading and then skedaddling outside for yard and garden works. As long as I'm here, I'll throw in my two cents. Some people thrive on challenges, I do not. For me, as Leo said, it's hard enough to up day down day without adding the stress of losing "said" pounds by a certain date. That makes me crazy and for some reason will throw me into a bad place in my head. Up one day and down the next is enough of a challenge for me and I meet it daily. Up day today and I'm looking to stay ultra low carb (10-20) just to feel a little sparkier.

Have a successful day!!!

Blonde~
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #290
Senior LCF member

Jennifer- Do not worry about 'slowing' your metabolism! That's one of the myths that proliferates on the Internet. It would take weeks of 'starvation' (e.g. 300 cal daily as many anorexics do) to affect your metabolism. That's why the JUDDD DDs are only 24 hrs--so that those low calories aren't 'noticed' by the body. Throughout my weight loss process, I've never suffered any ill effects from eating too little!

I was OK yesterday because we went out for an Easter brunch. Although the restaurant had an offering of the most delicious-looking desserts, I was totally happy with the cold lobster and shrimp, along with beautfully cooked salmon, lamb and veggies. It's so easy to stay low carb at a buffet, and also eat luxuriously.

I ignored the desserts because I reasoned that 1) I already know what delicious desserts taste like--and thin tastes better; 2) I've never regretted what I chose NOT to eat; only the times I've given in to temptation.

This morning, I had absolutely no regrets about abstaining from those pastries.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #291

Leo, your Easter brunch sounds wonderful. Actually, what you ate beats anything else I've read here at LCF!!! I think you got the best Easter dinner by far.

I'm having a fabulous DD today. Fewer than 100 calories thus far, so I'll actually get a small but adequate meal this evening. I thought I'd experiment with doing IF Down Days and see how that feels. So a mug of coffee with half & half this morning, and my sister fixed me a mug of coffee with lots of skimmed milk and a Splenda packet at her place at mid-day. It was so milky that it tasted vaguely like a cup of cocoa. I don't usually drink milk, but did today.

I'm simply saying NO to appetite urging me to eat. I actually think that spending most of a DD in a fast may work out more easily than trying to fix low cal foods all the time. So, I'll continue my fast until about 6:30 or so and then.. we'll see.

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #292
Senior LCF member

SoHappy-

I did that twice on DDs just because it 'felt' right. I think it's important to learn to 'listen' to our bodies. Sadly, my body doesn't usually want to fast like that on DDs, but as long as it's willing to stay under 500 cal, I'll feed it when it asks me to
Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
SoHappy-

I did that twice on DDs just because it 'felt' right. I think it's important to learn to 'listen' to our bodies. Sadly, my body doesn't usually want to fast like that on DDs, but as long as it's willing to stay under 500 cal, I'll feed it when it asks me to
Yeah, I'll see, Leo. For some reason, today has been so easy.

Well.. I've had easy DDs before too, only to be followed by the next required DD being a BEAR, so I'll have to wait and see. So IF is the plan. Ask me how it's going in another week.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good evening y'all!

DD is almost complete, YAY!

I had a tough time earlier and ate some chicken (not planned for), but instead of tossing the whole day, I redeemed it and still came in a good calorie / carb count (albeit a tad higher than I had planned.)
Old 04-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

I'm sick, on top of sunburned. I'm convinced this isn't just allergies. So I'll not do down days till I'm feeling better. :/
Old 04-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

sorry your not feeling good Edens. How was the barbeque?

So happy, glad youre having an easy down day. I didn't know they existed.

Great job, RFL! It's so easy to give up when we don't meet our expectations. Congrats on staying strong.

Leo, your easter sounded delicious!

Well its the end of another down day for me and I came in at 504 calories! I have some grocery shopping to do so hopefully my next dd will be a little easier.

Good night lovelies!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:21 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

The bbq/fishing/swimming was fun, but that's why I'm sunburned. lol I even reapplied my sunscreen, but to no avail..I missed some spots on my lower shoulder area. Anyway, I got a lot of rest yesterday and last night. I still have this funky head cold though, so that sucks. Might try to do a down day today since my body doesn't feel like it got hit by a truck and I think my fever is gone.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:52 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning JUDDDers!!!!!!!

I lost 5 pounds of fluid (and stuff) since yesterday's weigh in so I'm feeling lighter in body and Spirit! Water walking is on the agenda for today as well as an MD.

Edens: HUGS!! It's not fun to be sunburned OR sick with a cold, but together?? OUCH!

If I am sick, I don't do a DD, I do a MD. I think a DD stresses me out too much (unless I have no appetite, then that's different) and when I'm sick, my body needs TLC. Of course you do what you feel is best, but you do have other options than a DD.

I hope and pray you feel better soon!

Waving HI to all the Lovely JUDDDers!!!! Come in and say hello!

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 04-26-2011 at 06:38 AM..
Old 04-26-2011, 07:56 AM   #299

Just a quick 'run-by' before I head out. We're not just overcast, gray, and gloomy here this morning. We're getting rain and drizzle too. But BOY!!! is the grass green and lush. Flowers in the gardens like crazy and the flowering trees are really taking off. If the sun ever returns, it's going to be a beautiful spring.

Yesterday's DD went really well and it seems to have resulted, once again, in that fun phenomenon of waking up the next morning with no appetite. So I've just been enjoying a couple of mugs of coffee with half & half. I'll have to give some thought to what lunch might be.

Hope you all have a great day today. And are having nicer weather than I am here. Hugs to all!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Will you guys throw something at me if I ask yet another question? I'm just wondering what effects JUDDD has had on your weight loss? I lost 2.4 pounds last week which I am very happy with. My weight loss goal is to lose consistently which I think is very possible with the calorie defecit you get from JUDDD. I am just curious what the experience has been with long time JUDDDers. Faster, slower, consistent, etc???