Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   JUDDD for March 2011 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/711761-juddd-march-2011-a.html)

Leo41 03-01-2011 02:38 AM

JUDDD for March 2011

March 2011 JUDDD (Dr. Johnson's Up Day/Down Day Diet)

The following information has been copied from the JUDDD official website:

Getting Started
There are two phases: weight loss and maintainance. To lose weight, calorie intake on the “down” day is limited to 20% to 35% of daily calorie requirement, although it is strongly recommended that calories be below 25% when starting a weight loss diet. To maintain weight loss and for optimal health, down day intake is kept at 50% to 60% of calorie needs.

Use the following tool (go to Dr Johnson's website for this) to calculate the down day calorie requirements. There is a strong tendency for overweight individuals to overestimate the "Activity" level, thereby allowing themselves high calorie allowance on the down day. To avoid this problem, for the first two weeks, you should consume no more than 500 calories on the down day regardless of your activity level.

Please google Dr. Johnson's site to find the Up Day Down Day Calorie Calculator

*This calculator provides an estimate of your calorie requirement so that you can determine your down day calories. The "Normal Calories" shown may be more or less than you actually feel like eating on the up day. The important principle is to adhere to the down day calorie limit as closely as possible. You do not have to eat all the calories shown as "Normal Calories".

Hunger Management
The key to success on the down day is learning what works for you. Remember that you can eat tomorrow.

Diet Stress
Other diets require daily reduction in calorie intake or limit the type of food eaten. This requires intricate meal plans and menus, cooking separate meals, and often more expensive foods. This wastes a lot of time and creates great stress. With the Johnson UpDayDownDay Diet™, you are allowed to eat whatever you want on the up day and your choices are greatly simplified on the down day, markedly reducing stress.

Energy level/mood
We have observed a consistent, measurable dramatic increase in energy level which is noticeable within 7-10 days which peaks around three weeks on the diet. This is consistent with animal studies in calorie restriction. This is a desirable and reinforcing sensation which encourages you to keep going.

The Up Day
On the up day, you can eat anything you want and as much as you want, but do not intentionally over eat.

When starting out, it is important to not concern yourself with up day calorie intake because of the phenomena of diet stress and diet fatigue. Focus on staying under 20-25% on the down day.

Based on animal research, the type of food eaten on the up day is unimportant compared to adhering to the down day calorie limit. This will activate genes (SIRT1) which set in motion the beneficial processes which produce optimal health.

The Down Day
It is important to commit in advance to a certain number of calories on the down day. We strongly suggest 20 – 25% for the first two weeks, but find that 30 - 35% is more tolerable for some people for a prolonged period of dieting. The lower the calories on the down day, the better, but the most important thing is to find a caloric intake you can comply with on ongoing basis.

We strongly suggest using only commercially prepared shakes in the first two weeks. Later, prepared foods with the calorie content marked on them can be eaten.. This is critically important to help guard against the universal tendency to underestimate how much we are eating.

Body Weight
How much you lose depends on several factors, the average in our study was 2.5 pounds per week, more the first week or two.

You should weigh yourself only on the morning after a down day and not more often than once a week or fluctuations will lead to frustration.

What People On The Diet Have To Say
“I will never diet any other way. I lost 30 pounds three years ago which I have kept off without the awful feeling of being on the diet.” – Heidi P.

“There was never a time in my entire life when I wasn’t wheezing from asthma until after being on the diet for two weeks.” – Theresa G.

“I couldn’t walk 50 feet without resting. After three weeks on the diet, I spent all day walking around the shopping mall.” – Ellen M.

“My rheumatoid arthritis got better 31 days after starting the diet.” – Judy L.

For more information, visit Dr. Johnson's website, or read his book,
"The Alternate-Day Diet: Turn on Your 'Skinny Gene,' Shed the Pounds, and Live a Longer and Healthier Life."

Leo41 03-01-2011 02:47 AM

Hi JUDDDers!
March must mean that we're closer to spring, and we here in the northeast are pining for warmer weather!

I just noticed in the opening remarks that we copy from the official JUDDD website that the 'hint' about DDs is that everyone has to find what works for that individual. In my experience of more than two years on JUDDD and reading posts here, that's absolutely true.

On our recipe/menu site, people share what works for them, but everyone needs to find his/her unique solution to those DDs.

That's less imposing than it seems because one thing that I've gained from JUDDD and from no other WOE is insight into how I do best. For example, unlike most of the posters here, I'm a 'morning eater,' and on a typical DD, I will have had 90% of my calories before 11 a.m. At first, I was worried about eating too much that early because I didn't think I'd be able to survive the day, but I found that in 'listening' to my body, I really didn't need any more food. I usually survive the rest of the day on hot tea and a small bowl of homemade soup or some egg whites.

This lesson in listening to my body has helped me on UDs when I think I want more food. Most often, I realize that I'm not physically hungry but am experiencing 'head hunger' (a desire for the pleasure of eating) simply because I know I can eat because it's an UD. But I also know that I need to control my UDs, and giving in to head hunger can become a slippery slope to weight gain.

This "listening" has not yet become automatic, and I have to consciously make myself do it. I hope it will eventually be more automatic.

annieS 03-01-2011 03:25 AM

hello JUDDDers !

I just read couple things about JUDDD and i think it's quite clever !
I've been LCing for a month now, vegetarian style with good results in the beginning and not so much recently... I might try a JUDDD/LC/vege approach to get better results... I really feel I'm having to much cheese & eggs & calories !!
For some of you who are doing JUDDD/LC : do you still restrict your veggies on DD or you allow yourself a little more ?

waiting forward to read your posts :D

SoHappy 03-01-2011 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annieS (Post 14423924)
hello JUDDDers !

I just read couple things about JUDDD and i think it's quite clever !
I've been LCing for a month now, vegetarian style with good results in the beginning and not so much recently... I might try a JUDDD/LC/vege approach to get better results... I really feel I'm having to much cheese & eggs & calories !!
For some of you who are doing JUDDD/LC : do you still restrict your veggies on DD or you allow yourself a little more ?

waiting forward to read your posts :D

Good Morning, Everyone!

Spring comes this month, and hopefully it will actually feel like spring too with mild warming weather and green shoots making their appearance once again. I'm looking forward to all the spring yard and garden work this year. We're going to put in a few vegetables and see how nice it is to just go outside and pick right off the vine!

Welcome, annieS. :welcome: I'm not a vegetarian JUDDer, but I hold to mostly vegetables on Down Days because they are so low in calories and give me quite a bit of actual 'food' for my calorie limit, with mostly just egg white protein. And then I do a lot more meat proteins on my Up Days. We all eat differently from one another.

But when we follow the JUDDD calorie restriction on our DDs and don't eat above our individual calorie limits for our UDs, we can enjoy the freedom to eat whatever we want on those Up Days and still lose weight.

I'm down another fraction in weight this morning. Today is an UD, and we're going to a Supper Club for dinner tonight.. one we haven't been to in several years, so hope the food is still as wonderful as it used to be! I'll eat a bit lighter today to save some extra calories for this evening's meal. :D I'm really looking forward to it.

Busy day today, so I'll check in when I can. I always like to see how you all are doing. Hope you all are staying true to JUDDD, which will do its part to bring you to the slim weight and health you deserve!

Leo41 03-01-2011 07:55 AM

:welcome:Annie

As SoHappy mentioned, we all do different things on DDs. Personally, I emphasize protein on DDs, mainly tuna and eggs. Yesterday, I was almost out of food (supermarket run this morning!), so I had an all-egg DD of about 400 cal total, and it was amazingly satisfying--no hunger at all. I may do more of that!

SoHappy-
You mentioned wanting to go to bed earlier, but don't you have a cat? (picture in your avatar). I ask because my boy has me up by 3 am every day, so I don't need any incentive to go to bed early!

Gaets-

Although you posted on the Feb. thread, congratulations on the weight loss in Feb.! You seemed frustrated during the month, but that's a great loss!
And those calories you list should be fine, but we never know for sure until we try.

penguinpower 03-01-2011 08:49 AM

Welcome March! Thanks for starting the new thread, Leo. Weather outside is more lamb- than lion-like so I hope it bodes well for the rest of the month. The groundhog said winter was over, and I sure do hope he was right this time.

I made my one-pound loss this week so I'm a happy gal.

Congrats to all who had a good February and welcome to all who want to join in. I'm loving this plan.

Veggie lowcarb--that is a challenge without resorting to the high-calorie dairy stuff. I was a regular vegetarian for seven years, and that is when I gained the "bulk" of my weight, so I can't be much help in offering suggestions for using vegetarian meals to help take it off lol, except for some of the stir-fry low-cal veggie dishes with shiratake noodles.

Enjoy your special dinner, SoHappy! I'm off to cook up a storm and do my dinner tonight. One of the dishes I was planning to make is the copycat recipe for Olive Garden Chicken Scampi but now I'm not so sure--I have to rerun the calorie count because the recipe states 1100+ per serving???? If that's right, I need to figure out something else to make, because that's way too high for me even on an UD.

Donna

RealFoodLiving 03-01-2011 10:43 AM

Good Morning MARCH JUDDDers!!!!!!!!!!!! :high5:

Whoooo Hoooooooooooooooooo! New month!! New, exciting possibilities!! :clap:

Today is a DD for me and I am EGG-cited! :laugh: I love my eggs on DDs!!

Leo: I have the same experience eating eggs (I like mine hard boiled), they fill me up! Eggs are a staple of my DDs.

Taking stock of my last month on JUDDD, here are the results.....

Starting weight Feb 1: 184.0
Starting weight Mar 1: 173.4

WOWSERS!!!!!! I know I am slowing down in my weight loss now, but I am happy, happy, happy with JUDDD and I believe I found the perfect plan for weight loss and BEYOND!!

RealFoodLiving 03-01-2011 11:11 AM

Good Morning again JUDDDers!

Leo: Thank you for starting the JUDDD thread and for your wise comments. I love reading your posts, they are so full of great information. I feel like I should be taking notes!! I know that you will get better and better at listening to your body, you already do an amazing job at it! :notwrthy:

AnnieS: WELCOME!!!!!!!!:welcome::welcome:
In the last pages of the Feb JUDDD thread, several posters shared a LOT of information and details on how they do DDs. You might want to read the last few pages in that thread. Also, we have a JUDDD menu and recipe thread here in "other plans" and that too has great information. :welcome:

Hi SOHappy! I hope you have a great time tonight and CONGRATS on your weight loss! Wooot! :clap:

Donna: YAY on meeting your goal weight loss!! YAY!! :kicking:Here's to more of that this month!!

Leisa: You're doing so great!! Wahoooo!:cool:

I hope Gaets, SherlinHome and all our regular and new posters come and post in the new MARCH thread! :hugs:

momof3heathens 03-01-2011 11:36 AM

Hi,

I am giving this a try this month. Today is a down day. I am confused about whether or not this works doing low carb as well. Sadly the majority of my carbs were coming from cream in my coffee. I drink a lot of coffee to keep me full.
What can I put in my coffee if anything?

For breakfast I had cooked broccoli and buffalo wing sauce(no calories no carbs). Weird but it was filling and the kick was the flavour I needed to make me feel like I am not depriving myself.

I haven't had a chance to buy any shakes yet so am trying to get my calories from vegetables. I have a ton of frozen broccoli and cauliflower available.

I will probably be shopping tomorrow or the next day to pick up items for the down days. I already know that low calorie toast is going to be a no no for me as I have portion control problems. What about those Campbells light soups? I know the sodium level is outrageous but can I substitute a serving or so in a pinch?

I am only part way through the book so don't know if I am even starting on a good step. I am worried about the shakes because I know that for myself if I drink something tasty I really want more and more while I am satisfied after eating something that involves chewing. Can a person substitute a low calorie brandname bar instead?

Leo41 03-01-2011 12:27 PM

Mom-:welcome:

I'd suggest you check out our recipe/menu thread for ideas of what people eat on DDs.

In reply to your query about low carb, that's how many of us eat--others don't. I've been doing JUDDD for over 2 years and have been low carb the entire time.

I also never did 'shakes' because for some reason my body doesn't register liquids as food, and I'd be starving. I also don't do well with any sweetener, artificial or otherwise. If you've been reading the JUDDD book, you'll note that Dr. J recommends shakes because he believes (and it's been demonstrated) that most people overestimate their calories, and it's critical to say at 500 or below on DDs for the first 2 weeks. I solved that problem by NEVER eating anything on DDs for which I don't know the exact calorie count.

That's why I'm a little concerned about your post that your broccoli and hot sauce were 'no calories.' Did you just mean the sauce? If it's a standard sauce and not one of those faux Walden things, they there are calories--only a few, but defnitely some. On DDs, you need to be accurate in your count.

If you look back at my first post in this month's thread, I quote Dr. J about how everyone has to find their own 'menu' for DDs. It should be food you enjoy eating that helps you stay full for the day. Personally, I drink coffee all morning and green tea all afternoon, and that helps a lot--but I drink both 'black,' so I don't have to worry about calories. I don't know of any substitutes for HWC that might work for you, but someone else may chime in.

momof3heathens 03-01-2011 12:37 PM

I meant the sauce was zero cals.

I am getting hugely conflicting #'s when it comes to calories though. The back of the bag says 30 cals per 1/2 cup, the atkins counter book says 26 cals per 1/2 cup, the book itself says 20 and ****** says 51 per 1/2 cup. All frozen then cooked.

I think I will try and go coffee free on those days instead.

I have done IF successfully before hand so am okay with keeping my volume of food down all day. My biggest problem was getting frustrated with my household and then overeating at night. I think I will be saving a good portion of calories for the evening just in case I am up tight.

JKat 03-01-2011 01:34 PM

Welcome to the newbies :welcome:

I am working all crazy shifts and alot of overtime. I will have to try and catch up with everyone.

I am doing okay. Scale is moving the right way just slowly. Which I am okay with and hoping to be back to lower range by the time mid april comes for my vacation. I also bought the new Firm tapes for exercise and waiting for them to come. I love to workout but like to change it up frequently because I get bored.

:hugs: Everyone

mommy_gates 03-01-2011 01:34 PM

Hello Judders

Happy i found you's guys...i'm reposting from my last entry in february thread i put in this morning didn't realized you started a new thread every month.Thanks Leo for doing so....UD for me today.

Did very well last month...and it was a short one also... i lost a total of 4.6...started at 157.6 and this morning weight after yesterday DD was 153.0...

So now after last month i'm ready to make some changes...b/c i enjoy exercising so much and do get very hungry and it does create headaches which i never get, i knew i had to make some changes ...going to upload my calories...the DD between 750-875 and UD to 1,400-1,500..i'll see from there what works for me...i really do like the fluctuation of the calories....it keeps the body guessing all the time and it keeps me in control also...

:welcome: Shirlinhome,Momo,Donna and Annie

Whoot whoo RFL...you've done well...congrats girl...

Leo...Thanks for being there...

Happy Judding for the month of march ladies...

RealFoodLiving 03-01-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy_gates (Post 14426146)
Did very well last month...and it was a short one also... i lost a total of 4.6...started at 157.6 and this morning weight after yesterday DD was 153.0...

YIPPPEEEEEEE!! What a great loss!!! Good for you! :clap::clap::kicking::kicking::kicking:

JKat 03-01-2011 01:40 PM

Momof3 I tend to go all day and then have one meal at the end of day. I have been doing this since I started and it does seem to work for me. However I did not give my coffee and do not think I ever could. I do splash some almond milk or half and half in it.

Others here tend to spread there calories over the whole day. The great part about JUDD is it works great into your lifestyle rather than the other way around. You will find our approaches very differant but we have found what works for us. Its a trial and error thing.

Gaets WTG on your losses for the month!!!!

RealFoodLiving 03-01-2011 01:44 PM

Welcome Momof! :welcome::welcome::welcome:

WOW, great losses thus far, you've lost over 100 pounds!! Whoooooooooo!!

Welcome to JUDDD!

I am Low Carbing and JUDDDing.

If you read the last couple of pages of the Feb JUDDD thread, several posters shared in-depth how they do their DDs.

Everyone has to find what works for them, but everyone here is very generous with their time to share some ideas and what works for them, so you can try different things.

We also have a JUDDD menu and recipe thread in the "other plans" area that will give you some ideas as well.

Welcome aboard!:welcome:

annieS 03-01-2011 02:33 PM

thanks for all the advice ! I checked the february thread, highly informative !

I have a rather basic question but do you always go UD/DD or do you sometimes go for 2 DD in a row so the UD can be on a day you have something scheduled ?!
for exemple on friday i'm going out with friends. I know there will be a loooot of wine involved... but I though I'd start JUDDDing tomorrow... So should I have 2 DD and then my party or wait one more day, have a DD on thursday and my UP on friday ??!
are you all being very strict with the UD/DD alternance ??!

@realfoodliving & mommygates : i see you are LCing too. do you count your carbs on DD or do you just go for tummy filling veggies ??!

RealFoodLiving 03-01-2011 02:39 PM

Hi Annie!!

I have not read the book, but my understanding of JUDDD is that you do NOT do 2 DDs in a row. There is something called a Medium Day and I use one of these to bridge so I can schedule an UP day when something special come along.

For example, I schedule my week (I learned this from LEO, she is a wealth of information and experience!), MWF as UP days because I go to a congregational covered dish supper that I enjoy. So, that means that TTS are DDs and we cannot do back-to-back DDs, so, Sunday is a Medium Day for me.

What I shoot for is this:
Down Days, <500 cals, <20 carbs
Up Days <1500 cals <30-40 carbs
Medium Days <1000 cals, <30 carbs

SO, in answer to your question, YES, I do the alternating Up and Down days, but if I need to re-schedule a day, I plan a MD and then follow with an UP day and then follow with a DD (or vice versa) and I get back on schedule.

Leo41 03-01-2011 03:31 PM

RealFood & Gaets-
Congratulations on your losses in February :clap: It's always good to look at the month because sometimes we don't appreciate the progress we're making if we only check weekly. That's why posting my weight each Saturday morning on my calendar has been so great for me. If I get discouraged, it's nice to look back on my progress, and I can also see patterns of weight loss that are helpful.

Annie: One of the principles of JUDDD is never to do consecutive DDs (consecutive UDs are OK). The 'MD-medium day' is designed for those times that you need to change your alternation for a social event--as you currently have. It's usually calories that average your UD and DD.

I do a MD every weekend (either Sat. or Sun. depending on my schedule) so that I can keep my DDs steady at M, W, Fri. Sometimes that MD winds up as an UD, but it hasn't hurt me too much.

RealFoodLiving 03-01-2011 05:09 PM

Hi Y'all!

I was just recording my weight loss since I started JUDDD Jan 16th of this year. I'm really thrilled! Thank you LEO!!

January 16th 2011 Start weight 194.0
March 1, 2011 Weight 173.4
Total lost on JUDDD 6 1/3 weeks 20.6

Lessons learned:

1) Stay under 500 cals and 20 carbs on my DDs
2) Make sure I don't go over 1500 cals on UP days, keeping it LC as well.
3) Don't eat large meals or large amount of carbs at once time, keeping carbs max 12
4) Don't exercise on DDs
5) DO exercise on UDs and MDs.
6) Don't worry if the scale stops as long as I am on plan.
7) Be sure to drink, drink, drink.

1) Stay under 500 cals and 20 carbs on my DDs
2) Make sure I don't go over 1500 cals on UP days, keeping it LC as well.
3) Don't eat large meals or large amount of carbs at once time, keeping carbs max 12
4) Don't exercise on DDs
5) DO exercise on UDs and MDs.
6) Don't worry if the scale stops as long as I am on plan.
7) Be sure to drink, drink, drink.

SoHappy 03-01-2011 06:27 PM

I'm so tickled for you! Somehow this is just the easiest plan in the world. And you are one more of the JUDDD successes! And as wonderful as your weight loss is to date, it's even more wonderful to simply know that all you have to do is continue what you have been doing up to this point, and it will take you all the way down to where you want to be! Easy Peasy!

I've lost about 12-1/2 pounds since I started weight loss level on JUDDD too. (And I think it was around then too, but don't even remember when I decided to try to lose a few more pounds.. just think it was around mid-January.) So a lesser weight loss than you have experienced, but oh so remarkable for me! I certainly plan on continuing this plan! It's simple to do and produces results. And I love that it is so adaptable to ME and what I want to be able to eat.

So... we had a wonderful dinner this evening at a Supper Club that we hadn't been to in a long time. It's about 30 miles round trip, so we don't go too often. I ended up bringing so much of it home. I just can't eat the quantity I used to, for which I am endlessly thankful. That in itself is going to save me a lot of pounds in the future! :laugh: But even though I ate lightly today to save for this evening, I know I certainly went over for my UD calories. And it won't do much damage at all. I'll do a very, very good DD tomorrow and be right back on track. Not a worry about it in the world.

Hope the rest of you had a great day, whether it was an UD or a DD for you.

RealFoodLiving 03-01-2011 06:33 PM

Hi SoHappy!

WOW, that's GREAT weight loss since you were already in maintenance! YAY for you!! :clap: AWESOME!!

I'm thrilled that you had such a great time tonight! And how great is that that you cannot eat as big portions as you used to? Wonderful!

I know you'll have a fantabulous DD tomorrow and keep on rockin! :kicking:

SoHappy 03-01-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo41 (Post 14424763)
:welcome:Annie

As SoHappy mentioned, we all do different things on DDs. Personally, I emphasize protein on DDs, mainly tuna and eggs. Yesterday, I was almost out of food (supermarket run this morning!), so I had an all-egg DD of about 400 cal total, and it was amazingly satisfying--no hunger at all. I may do more of that!

SoHappy-
You mentioned wanting to go to bed earlier, but don't you have a cat? (picture in your avatar). I ask because my boy has me up by 3 am every day, so I don't need any incentive to go to bed early!

I agree that there is something wonderfully filling and hunger-satisfying about eggs. I think they are a wonder food, and it's pretty amazing that they are so cheap for the nutritional value they bring.

And, Leo, the only reason I get to sleep in 'til 6:30 or so is because both DH and the cat get up about 3:30 and totter out to the kitchen together to enjoy a little early breakfast. :D Then I have the whole bed to myself with no husband and no cat there, and I can really sprawl out! LOL

annieS 03-01-2011 10:54 PM

@ SoHappy & RealFoodLiving : WOOOOOOW congrats on the weight loos ! it's amazing ! that's really motivating !

I'll keep RealFoodLiving rules printed out in gold letter so I remember those few rules :D
I'm gonna start with a DD today, MD tomorrow then UD on friday for my party !! I'm scare I'll be a bit hungry today but i'll give it a try ^^
So far it's breakfast and i'm having tea with a soft boiled egg :)

have a good day everyone :D

Leo41 03-02-2011 02:48 AM

SoHappy- Ah! I knew there had to be a secret to your ability to sleep in with a cat in the house. Alas, I live alone, so my boy has no one else to annoy at 2:30 am when he wants to eat!

It's no wonder that he hates it when I go away because although I have a cat sitter who sleeps in my house, he didn't bother her at first, but now he does, but she ignores him until a 'normal' waking time. I always get a great "welcome home" from him, but it's only because he knows that he'll be getting his 3 am breakfast again. Amazingly, he doesn't 'starve' when I'm away:laugh:

RealFoodLiving 03-02-2011 05:47 AM

Annie: I'm rooting for you! :cool::cool: I think you'll do FINE at your party!! Today, just listen to you body as Leo says. (I'm always quoting Leo!) :rofl:

I forgot to add some to my Lessons Learned (and I don't know why they posted TWICE! ACK!

8) ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS plan out the next day's menu BEFORE, so I don't get a big surprise! I do this no matter what day I'm on. If I "wing it", I get in trouble.

I hope you have an excellent DD!!

RealFoodLiving 03-02-2011 05:51 AM

Good Morning Lovely JUDDDers!

Yesterday was a GREAT DD! YAY!:clap: Some are easier than others. This one was a pretty smooth one. I am thankful I had my plan in place and had allotted the bedtime snack, because right before bed, I got HUNGRY! :laugh:

Today is an UP day and I'm going to walk on my Gazelle as well.

How is everyone doing today?

Oh oh oh, SOHAPPY! I finally ordered some Gluc powder, from Amazon, not the company you get it from, so I hope it's the same stuff. I should get it next week. I'm anxious to try some pudding and other things to fill me up! I'll be calling on your expertise! :shake:

Have a great JUDDD day y'all!! :hugs:

SoHappy 03-02-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B
annieS[/B];14427422]I'm gonna start with a DD today, MD tomorrow then UD on friday for my party !! I'm scare I'll be a bit hungry today but i'll give it a try ^^
So far it's breakfast and i'm having tea with a soft boiled egg

Good luck with your first day. It took me awhile to get myself used to so little food and such low calories on DDs when I first started this. My brain was really sending *hungry-FEED-me* signals. But if you don't give in, it isn't long before you get pretty used to it and rarely have a 'tough' DD. My first meal today is planned for the early afternoon, and it will be egg-based too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B
Leo[/B]41;14427493]Ah! I knew there had to be a secret to your ability to sleep in with a cat in the house. Alas, I live alone, so my boy has no one else to annoy at 2:30 am when he wants to eat!

Yup, there's a trick to it! :laugh: And you can't close her out for the night as she'll just stand outside the door and meow her head off, so you're not going to get any sleep then either! LOL But who likes to nap off and on during the day? Ha! Maybe I should just change my schedule completely to match the cat's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B
RealFoodLiving[/B];14427782]8) ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS plan out the next day's menu BEFORE, so I don't get a big surprise!

I finally ordered some Gluc powder, from Amazon, not the company you get it from, so I hope it's the same stuff. I should get it next week. I'm anxious to try some pudding and other things to fill me up!

I pretty much always plan out my menu for the days too. I'm measuring and weighing it all on the scale and entering it into ****** as I go along until I have it all planned and prepped and ready. Because I eat so many veggies, I seem to spend a lot of time peeling and slicing! LOL

Also, hope you think the glucomannan powder is fun, and a help. I've pretty much settled on using it to gel and thicken sauces and puddings and to extend the quantity of foods. IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure to post all the great recipes you invent using it. :laugh:

My DD is starting out very well. No hunger. I didn't really know quite what to expect... it could be that I ate so much last evening that I wouldn't be hungry for awhile today, or... it could be that I ate higher carb last night so I would be feeling hunger induced by carbs today and want to eat more. Glad it's the first scenario and I'm not feeling any hunger so far.

I was up .8 of a pound this morning, which is just pretty much normal after having an UD for me, so everything seems to be working smoothly, as always.

Blonde with a Rose 03-02-2011 08:33 AM

What an amazing start for the month of March!

First of all~ :welcome::welcome: Newbies! I think this is a fantastic WOE. I've been JUDDDing since 12/05/10 and have lost 20lbs. Even though the DD's can be trying, it is so much easier for me to lose this way than anything I've ever done! It seems to be one of those things that you either LOVE IT or you don't. Good Luck! Lots of terrific info here. You will learn as you go, what works the best for you, as far as when and what to eat on your DD's.

Congrats to the :heart:losers:heart:! I love reading about your successes. They are so inspiring.

RealFoodLiving! You GO girl!! I love your list and I do these things as well. Lists to live by for sure. Excellent advice. I've found number 6 to be my mantra since I'm losing slowly but it's so true. Have fun with your glu powder!

I'm so fortunate to have found this thread, thank you again Leo, and thank you SoHappy and Leisa. You are the BOMB-est!

ouizoid 03-02-2011 09:20 AM

Hi Juddd'ers--I am a "sort of" juddd girl--just subbing in--