Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
I'm a human sponge. I feel like yelling "she's takin' on water!!!" I literally feel waterlogged. I was also feeling a little "irregular" so took something last night to help with that and rudely got awakened at 6am . I am still about a 1/2 pound up from my last weigh in. However, I know that I'm retaining water so I also know that when I lose it I will have lost some more weight. It's very uncomfortable and I actually don't feel very well. I'm attributing it to the water. stupid hormones.

Enjoying my UD today and gonna try to drink extra water to see if I can flush myself out.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hey Sohappy. I think the plan is setting off some binge behavior. I always had trouble with up days. I know my hormones are bit out of whack. I am waking soaking wet from sweat. I thing it may be a combo of that then nit getting a restful sleep and napping in the afternoon on top of crazy time at work. Maybe it's not the plan. It seems my mood is following the pattern o up and down. Thanks for taking the time to post to me!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:33 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
I'm a human sponge. I feel like yelling "she's takin' on water!!!" I literally feel waterlogged. I was also feeling a little "irregular" so took something last night to help with that and rudely got awakened at 6am . I am still about a 1/2 pound up from my last weigh in. However, I know that I'm retaining water so I also know that when I lose it I will have lost some more weight. It's very uncomfortable and I actually don't feel very well. I'm attributing it to the water. stupid hormones.

Enjoying my UD today and gonna try to drink extra water to see if I can flush myself out.
Oh Leisa,

I'm so sorry you are feeling lousy!! Bless your heart!
Do you drink acv? That helps with fluid retention.

I'm praying for you!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Hey Sohappy. I think the plan is setting off some binge behavior. I always had trouble with up days. I know my hormones are bit out of whack. I am waking soaking wet from sweat. I thing it may be a combo of that then nit getting a restful sleep and napping in the afternoon on top of crazy time at work. Maybe it's not the plan. It seems my mood is following the pattern o up and down. Thanks for taking the time to post to me!
Jodi!
Oh my goodness!!!

You know, Leo was kind enough to tell me that JUDDD does not work well for some people because of these types of issues and that several people had tried and LOVED JUDDD, but it did not love them back.

I hope you can find a plan that is better for you overall and gives you what you need. You know we're rooting for you Jodi!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:36 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Oh Leisa,

I'm so sorry you are feeling lousy!! Bless your heart!
Do you drink acv? That helps with fluid retention.

I'm praying for you!
hey! tell me more...I'll pick some up today...what kind, any specific brands to watch out for etc. I'll take all the help I can get. and hey, how are YOU? I didn't find what you were having pain from...so sorry to hear you are in pain also! Praying for you today!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #216
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Just do the best you can. Really try, and then just accept today for what it turns out to be... without letting that give you any permission to relax about it all.

Here's the thing. It actually takes your brain awhile to get used to accepting just 500 (or even fewer) calories for a whole day's worth of food. There are no two ways about it... that is just plainly not very much food. Well, of course that's why it is called a fast. LOL

But, the comforting thing is that your brain gets used to it, and then it stops being so demanding, and sending out those "I'm Hungry" pangs of appetite. And at that point you will find that you really don't feel compelled to eat like you used to be driven to do. You'll be able to identify with others when they declare that they enjoy their Down Days as much or almost more than their Up Days. You'll join the ranks of those who find pleasure in the sleek, flat feeling of an empty gut!

So do absolutely the best you can. Try to fill your stomach with hot broth, hot tea, even hot salted water. Try S/F jello. Try a salad with lemon juice. Oh, and one of the best things is a whole bunch of hard boiled eggs.. just the whites. Feed the yolks to your dog. LOL

The lower you can successfully hold your DD calories to, the faster you will lose weight, but more importantly, the sooner you will get past this initial period where it's so darned hard. So if you go a bit above, it isn't going to break the diet for you. It's not like cheating at a purely low carb diet where it throws you out of ketosis or anything like that. It simply slows things down a little, but won't 'break' your diet.

Good luck. Oh, and another thing you can do is go to bed early. Just get to sleep before you give in to temptation. And then tomorrow is an UD. Yay!
Yes, I've been on these boards a long time, and I hope that this time it sticks. I've seen a lot of successes in these 8 years, and I vow to be one of them!!

This is an awesome post and thanks so much for all of the information. Now I just have to make out a plan to get 418 calories in in one day without starving myself. I've already been in the "restricting" mode for the last 3 weeks with LC so it shouldn't be as hard as if I was just starting anew. I'm thinking some egg drop soup, big batch, would be helpful for DD - just have to figure out the calorie count for it.

Bye-bye 240's - 04/05/2013
230's - 05/12/2013
220's -
210's -
200!! -
Nanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
hey! tell me more...I'll pick some up today...what kind, any specific brands to watch out for etc. I'll take all the help I can get. and hey, how are YOU? I didn't find what you were having pain from...so sorry to hear you are in pain also! Praying for you today!
Hey Leisa,
I'm doing better thanks. I had a pretty rough few days of extreme joint and muscle pain, nausea, dizziness and weakness. I am starting to come out of it now, thank G-d!! The dr thinks it's either electrolytes (perhaps potassium) or the withdrawal side effects from a med I've been on since chemo and have been trying to get off.

Thanks for your concern. I am feeling HUGELY better today!

On the acv, I use Bragg's or Spectrum raw, organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" (which is a blob of enzymes). They carry it at Earth Fare, Green Life and some other places, maybe down where you are. I know the Earth Fare South carries it.

ACV as a diuretic.

Drinking a LOT of water helps as well. Green tea is good too!

Here are some other diuretic foods:
Natural Diuretic Foods
Old 03-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
Jodi--I am one of those for whom JUDDD set off binges. I love! Juddd--but restriction does a number on me. I am still calorie/carb cycling, and doing some IF and it helps--I need to eat more than 500 cals per day or there will be somethin ugly happening! I hang around cause I love juddd and get great ideas--I guess I do an alternation between moderate days and higher days but keep it all pretty lowcarb/lowfat--altho sometimes I will have some high fat days to mix it all up--Please try and find something that really works for you and is sustainable!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #219

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
I am still about a 1/2 pound up from my last weigh in. However, I know that I'm retaining water so I also know that when I lose it I will have lost some more weight. It's very uncomfortable and I actually don't feel very well. I'm attributing it to the water. stupid hormones.
Leisa. Rats. I hope you can get this water retention problem taken care of in very short order, and I agree with you that if you're that close to your last scale reading, you have undoubtedly lost except for that water weight.

Good Luck! Hope you feel better very soon.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:27 AM   #220

Quote:
I know there have been some others who have found that *the freedom* they have felt on UDs has triggered something in them also that made them want to binge. Although I know there are ones here who do have some of that behavior in their backgrounds who do well on JUDDD and seem to feel that the upper limit on their calories is a comforting control rein for them. The Plan says you can't eat above this number of calories, and so you don't even try to. My difficulty was on Atkins years ago when there was no 'limit' given. That was the one that I overate on! I know those fat calories added up fast!

Are you peri-meno? That was a stressful time for me. I certainly identify with waking up many times a night, drenched in sweat, and my side of the bed soaked down to the mattress pad!

And if you are going through a stressful time at work that can't be helping.

I hope you can get it all worked through soon. Your food, your meals, should be a lovely reprieve for you from outside pressures, and a nice time to sit back and savor what you get to feed yourself, to nourish your body.

I don't want it to be adding to stress you are already battling. I know you will give it all some good thought and view it honestly and completely from all angles. I hope you don't decide you do need to quit JUDDD, but if you do decide to leave JUDDD, I hope you'll stop back in occasionally to say Hi to us!

Last edited by SoHappy; 03-10-2011 at 08:29 AM..
Old 03-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner View Post
Yes, I've been on these boards a long time, and I hope that this time it sticks. I've seen a lot of successes in these 8 years, and I vow to be one of them!!

This is an awesome post and thanks so much for all of the information. Now I just have to make out a plan to get 418 calories in in one day without starving myself. I've already been in the "restricting" mode for the last 3 weeks with LC so it shouldn't be as hard as if I was just starting anew. I'm thinking some egg drop soup, big batch, would be helpful for DD - just have to figure out the calorie count for it.
Good Luck, Nanner! I think you're going to ROCK IT!!!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
RealFoodLiving[/B];14457307]I had a pretty rough few days of extreme joint and muscle pain, nausea, dizziness and weakness. I am starting to come out of it now, thank G-d!! The dr thinks it's either electrolytes (perhaps potassium) or the withdrawal side effects from a med I've been on since chemo and have been trying to get off.

Thanks for your concern. I am feeling HUGELY better today!
Glad to year you're feeling so much better now, RFL. That upset doesn't good.

Hope your little daughters are feeling well and strong now too. Spring is right around the corner, and that always seems to bring robust health with it. LOL
Old 03-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Lovely JUDDDers!

Today is a rainy day and I feel like cooking and baking! YAY! Our eldest daughter comes home today from college and she is a high-carb, dairy-free vegetarian. I always try to have some good, high-carb foods for her as she eats about every 2-3 hours and she is as thin as a minute! (Not like her round Momma!)

Today is a DD for me and I really LOVE my DDs. They give me structure and help me stay focused. I plan and then that's it, I don't have to worry! I find it is much less stressful than other days, even when I'm hungry on DDs, I have some options. I just love my DDs because I know I'm burning fat.

Best wishes for success on JUDDD, or other plans, for those who are struggling.

I struggled quite a bit at first until I found my "groove" on JUDDD. I tried this and that and of course the hunger was hard to deal with, but I had some really EASY DDs as well where there was almost NO hunger!

After a little bit, not sure how long, maybe 2 weeks or more, I find what worked for me on my DDS (which are the most challenging until I got where I was comfortable) and now I really look forward to them and love them.

Kudos to those who are trucking along on JUDDD!! I'm with ya!

I hope y'all have a great day!

Shout out to Leo!!! How are you??

Old 03-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Glad to year you're feeling so much better now, RFL. That upset doesn't good.

Hope your little daughters are feeling well and strong now too. Spring is right around the corner, and that always seems to bring robust health with it. LOL

Thank you SoHappy!
Yes, she is doing better but had to take antibiotics yet again for sinus infection. But she's feeling SO much better, as am I.

Thanks for your sweet posts!!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
ouizoid[/B];14457309]Jodi--I am one of those for whom JUDDD set off binges. I love! Juddd--but restriction does a number on me. I am still calorie/carb cycling, and doing some IF and it helps--I need to eat more than 500 cals per day or there will be somethin ugly happening! I hang around cause I love juddd and get great ideas--I guess I do an alternation between moderate days and higher days but keep it all pretty lowcarb/lowfat--altho sometimes I will have some high fat days to mix it all up--Please try and find something that really works for you and is sustainable!
Your way of cycling your calories and your carbs certainly seems to be a wonderful way of eating for you! I know you will be able to give some good advice and suggestions on the subject for any who need to try something else.

I think Leo did once say that JUDDD is a hard plan for some people. And if it isn't *your* plan, life's too short to have to live it hating how you have to eat!

Glad you are doing so very well these days! You look just beautiful, and your weight stats are looking wonderful too!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #226
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Jodi- I was going to ask the same question because I don't know your age--could it be perimenopause? I ask because those hormone surges can really do a number--especially where sleep and hunger are concerned. It might be that and not JUDDD at all, but if JUDDD is making you binge, then I'd stop doing it. It's not a good habit to get into.

Leisa- I can't remember--are you hypothyroid? I ask because although I have normal water fluctuation issues, my doctor told me that when I find myself just 'taking on' water, that's a sign to call my endo because I need my meds adjusted. If not, are you peri-meno age at all? That's another time when hormone surges can screw up your water issues and have you retaining like crazy.

If it keeps up, you can get a mild diuretic from your doctor. I have one and initially resisted taking it because I feared getting dehydrated, but my doctor explained that it only would work on excess water. If I wasn't retaining, it wouldn't work at all. And I've found that to be true.

RealFood- I hope you're feeling better soon! It could be both--perhaps the med withdrawal is causing an electrolyte imbalance? Either way, I hope it resolves ASAP.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Jodi--I am one of those for whom JUDDD set off binges. I love! Juddd--but restriction does a number on me. I am still calorie/carb cycling, and doing some IF and it helps--I need to eat more than 500 cals per day or there will be somethin ugly happening! I hang around cause I love juddd and get great ideas--I guess I do an alternation between moderate days and higher days but keep it all pretty lowcarb/lowfat--altho sometimes I will have some high fat days to mix it all up--Please try and find something that really works for you and is sustainable!

I was doing fine but really hit a bump here. I love my dd. I feel so sad after a binge and know dr j does not recommend people who have that tendency not to do the plan. I do not know. Maybe I am just over reacting.

I am just feeling a little lost today. Thank u all for the hugs and listening. If it was easy we would not all be here looking for advice and support
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #228

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
Hey all, I'm thinking that I want to do my DDs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Do you think that I should do a couple of up days before I start on Tuesday? I've been low carbing but eating not much already, so I'm thinking about getting a couple of up days in before my first down day?
Nanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Nanner[/B];14457757]Hey all, I'm thinking that I want to do my DDs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Do you think that I should do a couple of up days before I start on Tuesday? I've been low carbing but eating not much already, so I'm thinking about getting a couple of up days in before my first down day?
I don't see any particular advantage to doing a couple of UDs first... but I don't see any disadvantage in it either. LOL In other words, just start whenever you're ready.

If you don't have a plan in mind for today, or you've already started 'too much' calories for this to be a very successful DD, and you don't want to have Fridays be on your DD rotation, that makes this Saturday be the first possible one. So that would be a good day for your first DD.

Plus, that gives you a couple of days here to buy what you might want and get prepared.

Ha! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you think after a couple of weeks. I hope you love it. You can sure lose weight on it, so that part is pretty much taken care of. And as I mention before... those Up Days are really, really nice!

Glad you're joining us!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:39 AM   #230

Quote:
I was doing fine but really hit a bump here. I love my dd. I feel so sad after a binge and know dr j does not recommend people who have that tendency not to do the plan. I do not know. Maybe I am just over reacting.

I am just feeling a little lost today. Thank u all for the hugs and listening. If it was easy we would not all be here looking for advice and support
You know, maybe that's all it was.. a bit of a bump. Maybe you just need to relax about it all for a few days and look at all the pros and cons of the plan and how those pros and cons work for (or against) you.

But maybe just not worry about calorie levels for a couple of days and then see how you feel about it.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

JODI!!!!!!!!!!! :::HUGS:::::: ::::HUGS!!!!

I totally relate!! You are not alone!!

The first time I had a binge on JUDDD, I freaked. I mean, I really freaked. I came here and I said I was prolly giving up JUDDD. I was SO upset and sad.

Leo told me that there are just some people who love JUDDD, but their binge tendencies derail them and they had to find another plan.

SoHappy told me to not beat myself up and do what worked for me.

I REALLY wanted to make JUDDD work for me, so I kept going. I did a DD right after my binge and it felt SO good to be in control. The DD was successful as was my following UP and DD and MDs.

THEN, I had ANOTHER one! ACK!!!!! But this time I already knew I was NOT giving up JUDDD, I was going to forgive myself and get right back on a DD and I have and have not had another binge day.

I'm not saying it won't happen, because I do have that tendency, but I feel stronger and stronger once I got my JUDDD tweaks in and found my "groove."

I had an "episode" the other night where I came close to overeating AND binging and I remembered all I went through and the weight I've lost and I prayed and thankfully, I was able to weather the storm.

I believe JUDDD has given me the control I needed and still need.

My advice to you is if you want to work JUDDD, go easy. Fit it to YOU, not the other way around. Make it work for your lifestyle, appetite and needs. Keep trying, maybe with an MD and UP and not DD right now.

And if you find that JUDDD just does NOT work for you, then I encourage you to find something that does and we are here to help you, please remember that!

Hang in there Jodi!!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Hi all! Well, I ended up not being able to stand it and had a package of miso soup for 35 calories after my workout last night. That bumped my calories up to 665, but I'm not stressing it. I'm down .4 pounds. That's what I lost after my first dd on Monday, too. Then yesterday when I weighed, I wad down a pound after my up day. lol That would be a great pattern to contiue! 1.4 pounds every 2 days. We shall see!

I'm going to buy some glucomanan since everyone's always talking about it. I want to try ouizoid's chocolate omm!
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens View Post
Hi all! Well, I ended up not being able to stand it and had a package of miso soup for 35 calories after my workout last night. That bumped my calories up to 665, but I'm not stressing it. I'm down .4 pounds. That's what I lost after my first dd on Monday, too. Then yesterday when I weighed, I wad down a pound after my up day. lol That would be a great pattern to contiue! 1.4 pounds every 2 days. We shall see!

I'm going to buy some glucomanan since everyone's always talking about it. I want to try ouizoid's chocolate omm!
Hey! Not a bad start for a newbie! I wish I could take back a couple of my early DDs and make them be 'only' 665 calories.

I know you'll get the hang of it and do just fine. And lose weight. And lose the weight while getting to eat however suits you physically and emotionally.

You're off to a great start! Continued success!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Thank you I appreciate it!
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Edens,

I agree with SoHappy. I think that's great for just getting started! I tweaked my JUDDD for several weeks until I found some things that work for me. I had some 600-700 "DD" days and I just made them Medium Days and went on! And slowly I worked my DDs lower.

I think you did AWESOME! Give yourself a pat on the back!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Just saying to the newbies (I'm a Newbie too) that are having issues with JUDDD.

There isn't any one size fits all.

I know what worked for me before might not now, and so forth.

No reason to beat up one's self. Some have curly hair, some have straight. (We all want what we don't have, don't we?)

I'm just glad that for now this is working for me! (REALLY working for DH!)

Thanks for the support, everyone! And being supportive no matter what!

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
SoHappy--thanks so much for the compliment and the support--I love how we are all here for each other. Losing weight is hard! Keeping weight off is hard! Finding a woe that is sustainable for YOU is hard--but group support like we have here is a rare and lovely beast--I don't know how I would fare without it.

love to all

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
SoHappy--thanks so much for the compliment and the support--I love how we are all here for each other. Losing weight is hard! Keeping weight off is hard! Finding a woe that is sustainable for YOU is hard--but group support like we have here is a rare and lovely beast--I don't know how I would fare without it.

love to all

Ouis

I feel the LOVE!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all,

I just heard back from the dr's office and it turns out this is diet-related!

You see, I was prescribed thyroid medications, diabetes medications and taking supplements (B12 and D3) based on my higher weight.

So, now almost 50 pounds lighter, these medications and supplements are causing inflammation and toxicity in my body resulting in pretty intense pain and other symptoms!.

The culprit is my weight loss and not considering I need to have my dosages lowered to fit my new weight, not the other medication I was weaning off!

So GOOD NEWS, and news I wanted to share with y'all in case some of you are in the same situation - on medication and losing weight. Time to check with your dr as you get smaller and possibly need less of the medications.

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 03-10-2011 at 01:32 PM..
Old 03-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Good evening everyone !

This thread is wayyyyy to long
i've been studying english all evening (I've got to interpret about the privatization of the water services in the US tomorrow !) my brain is gonna explode :crazy:

My UD was ok, stayed low carb, didn't count the calories !! and by the way this morning I was 1 lbs lighter (again !)
My parents arrive on saturday so tomorrow will be my last DD in a while !

Bonne nuit
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote