Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 05:54 AM   #181
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Josiane
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 02/08/2011
Just a little good morning to All.

Annie, glad to see that the weight is coming off. Where do you buy you shirataki (word is new to me. I read it is a sort of LC japonese noodle)? you are a mine of helpfull ideas for me

Léo, I am going to have a look for the thread you mean.

How are you doing today Edens? you should be on a DD today. For myself, so far so good
going to post my menu to the thread , if I find it

Have a very nice, pleasant and very sunny day
Josiane is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 06:10 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
Good morning everyone!

I have been doing MDs and trying to let my body heal and recover after being so sick these past 10 days. My weight actually bounced up a bit, which is a good signal that I am no longer so dehydrated. I hope to be back on plan by next Sun/Mon. I love reading everyone's posts and welcome to all the new members!

Jane
sweetpea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:15 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Josiane, I am doing GREAT. I'm down a whole pound from yesterday, which you're correct, it was an up so today is a down!!! I just got up, and usually I am not my lightest first thing in the morning! But I went to the gym both yesterday and Monday, and I'm doing low carb with JUDDD. Not sure what I'll eat today, since I have so many options after going to the store! Just wanted to drop in and say good morning (although I know it's after lunch time for you).
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #184
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Annie-
Sure you can post UD menus on that thread if you want to. I think it was begun as "DD" because that's people's major concern here most of the time.

I wouldn't be surprised at anything that triggered hunger! But usually in women, if there doesn't seem to be a specific trigger in the environment, it's some hormonal shift.

I used to drink diet sodas a lot, and when I began JUDDD, I was sure that they would help me on DDs, but I discovered that the low calories revealed that artificial sweeteners make me hungry! I just never noticed it when I was eating more. So I gave up all AS, both DDs and UDs, and that's one of the best things I've ever done for myself.

Jane-

You have the right idea in waiting until you're healed to get back to the rotation. It's terrific that you can do MDs, so you should be fine when you return.

edens-
Just a tip from my experience. The key to success with JUDDD is planning, planning, planning. I usually do my shopping based on my planned menus for the coming week, but I always know the night before what I'm going to eat the next day--whether it's an UD or DD. This way, I know I have the food in the house, but it also frees me from thinking about food during the day. I've found that not having to think about what I'll eat really helps control hunger.

DD for me today.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the tips Leo! If I plan, it'll be for DD's mostly, although I did plan yesterday's dinner the day before. I'm just..not a good strict planner. lol I've tried, but my schedule keeps things too hectic. Usually I'll have a general idea and options, so I pick from that.

For breakfast this morning I had an egg and ham breakfast taco, for a total of 165 calories. Found these really great lc tortillas at my grocery store, just 2 net carbs (7 total with 5g fiber!) and only 50 calories for the small ones, and they have a larger size that's good for UD too! I'd been eating the mission brand, but they're a lot higher cal and carb.

Lunch will be tuna and a light n fit yogurt, dinner will be chicken and salad.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #186
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
Question about JUDDD - I know most of you are following it along with low carb, but if a person just wants to follow it by calories, is that okay? I've been reading about it and it sounds interesting. I'm trying to decide if I want to switch it up a bit from my LC so that I don't get bored and in a rut. So, according to my calculation on the website at 20%, it shows 428 calories on DD and 2141 on UD. So, can I just go on a website that gives calories for foods and plan 428 calories a day for myself, eating anything as long as I stay under 428? And then eating anything on up days as long as I stay under 2141?

Why are most of you staying low carb?

Also, where do you find Shirataki (sp) noodles?

Bye-bye 240's - 04/05/2013
230's - 05/12/2013
220's -
210's -
200!! -
Nanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tami! I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm staying LC because I know that's what works for me. While I haven't been tested, I think I am insulin resistant and diabetes runs rampant in my family, so keeping LC will keep my blood sugar in check and keep me healthier overall. Oh, and I haven't bought the shirataki noodles, but you can get them on netrition and other sites I can't mention or else I get a sharp note from the moderators. lol but you can definitely do a web search. I haven't checked out any local 'healthy' stores like Whole Foods or any health food stores, but I know some people have found them at places like that.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #188
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Tami-
JUDDD is only concerned with calorie cycling, and a lot of people don't do it low carb. It doesn't matter what food you eat on JUDDD, as Dr. J makes clear on his website and in his book. Since this is a low carb board, it makes sense that many of us do it low carb.

Personally, I eat low carb for health, and I need to restrict calories to manage my weight. JUDDD makes that calorie restriction easier for me.

Last edited by Leo41; 03-09-2011 at 10:24 AM..
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #189

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
Thanks for your answers Leo and edens!
Nanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
So today is my first official weigh in and I am down 8lbs in total even with a screwed up day. I have been eating grains which in the past seem to set off a binge often but have had more success this time around with portion control knowing that I can have it again the day after next.

That being said I am going to try and spend this week eating mostly lowcarb on top of JUDDD.

My dd14 decided to start yesterday with her first dd and she was laughing about how she didn't realize how much she loved meat until she couldn't eat any due to calories. She has been lower carbing for months now and really hasn't lost anything. The only benefit to her has been not having the swollen face and fingers and not having stomach aches all the time. Too much fruit consumption is probably her downfall while trying to keep her carb level lower. With JUDDD hopefully this won't continue to be an issue.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #191

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner View Post
Question about JUDDD - I know most of you are following it along with low carb, but if a person just wants to follow it by calories, is that okay? I've been reading about it and it sounds interesting. I'm trying to decide if I want to switch it up a bit from my LC so that I don't get bored and in a rut. So, according to my calculation on the website at 20%, it shows 428 calories on DD and 2141 on UD. So, can I just go on a website that gives calories for foods and plan 428 calories a day for myself, eating anything as long as I stay under 428? And then eating anything on up days as long as I stay under 2141?

Why are most of you staying low carb?

Also, where do you find Shirataki (sp) noodles?
Hey, Nanner! You're another LCF old-timer, like me.

JUDDD is absolutely the best, most dynamite program for weight loss and management that I have ever found! (Speaking for myself only, of course...) But for a lot of reasons.

Number one: I really have to admit it.. I hate to diet. And I hate to be ON a diet. I hate rules of what I can eat, and what I must eat, and what I can't eat, and what I may never eat! Get me OUT... OF... HERE!!! Guess I'm a spoiled brat or something, but in my whole life I've fought the reins intended for my control. Even when it wasn't the smart decision on my part.

So with JUDDD, I'm barely on a diet. I mean, I'm willing to face the fact that left to eat my way through my days, I would always be overweight. I didn't used to be, but now that's how my body reacts to excess food, so I am left to face a new reality. And JUDDD is the only 'diet' I've ever known of that gives me every other day of not being on the diet! That just cracks me up! Now that's my kind of diet!!!

Number two: JUDDD lets me diet when I want too, and get off whenever I want to not be on the diet. I've never in my life heard of a diet where you could say, "Well, we're going to a party Friday night, so I won't want to be dieting then." or "My favorite Taste of Wherever Festival is coming up, and I'll certainly want to sample from a lot of the food booths... Heaven Forbid that I have to be on a diet when we all go to that!" You get the idea.

All those fun social occasions with family and friends can be turned into UP Days in the blink of an eye! Just alternate your Up Day/Down Day schedule to make the social occasion be on one of your Up Days, and go enjoy yourself! Life is too short to be missing out on some of the best eatin' at these fun occasions. Go and partake and enjoy! (Who says that dieting has to make you miss out on an awful lot of the feasts everyone else gets to indulge in? Not JUDDD! LOL)

Number three: On JUDDD, I get to eat what I want to eat. Loving low carb? There you go! Want to add in a bunch of the veggies you've been missing? That's just not a problem at all. Missing fruit? Well, plan it into your calorie totals and help yourself! A slice of chocolate fudge cake or a helping of grandma's prize-winning cherry pie? Ya' know... that will still work. On Up Days. If you figure those treats into your total day's calories.

In other words. You get to design your diet foods to allow whatever you want in there. Most here are low carb. Some quite low. I'm moderate 'mid-range' carb. I eat a much wider range of vegetables, quite a bit more fruit, some bread/grain, etc. where many here don't. JUDDD doesn't care at all. It just requires me to count the calories. For me, it's 500 or fewer on DDs, and up to 1,650 on UDs... usually less than that. I don't do MDs too often, but use them when I want to shift my alternating schedule to make an UD fall on some upcoming 'event' where I will be dining with wild abandon. (Not really.)

Number four: I haven't even touched on the more important points of the actual HEALTH BENEFITS of calorie restriction diets and calorie cycling benefits to the metabolism!

Oh, yeah.. I love this way of eating!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
@SoHappy you are in love with Dr J aren't you !!!

DD done here, my friend is over but still, I had 450cal only ! She's having a super carby chai latte right now, while I have some green tea

sweet dream everyone...
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
annieS[/B];14454831]@SoHappy you are in love with Dr J aren't you !!!

DD done here, my friend is over but still, I had 450cal only ! She's having a super carby chai latte right now, while I have some green tea

sweet dream everyone...
Yes, I'm in love with Dr. J!!!

You are doing so wonderfully, Annie. You are being a good girl, sticking to your green tea while your friend has her chai latte.

I get the best green tea from my little local Asian market. I can't read the Asian writing on it, but I think it must be from China. (?) But right now I'm drinking PG Tips Special tea from England, some Twinings Irish Breakfast tea, and some jasmine tea from China. And in the evenings I like a white peach oolong tea, blended and packaged in..... Portland, Oregon.

Have a good night's sleep. Sweet Dreams!
Old 03-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
I don't stop in and say hi enough, so here goes!

hello!!

I'm glad everyone new and not so new is doing so well JUDDDING.

I'm enjoying an UD, but looking forward to tomorrows DD.

Yesterday was my first hungry, really hungry DD. What's with that???? I didn't eat as much homemade soup--very low cal, mostly broth and egg whites--so maybe that is it. Will plan better tomorrow.

DH doing great, will be at goal in no time, I will explain maintenence to him. Because of many things, it will take me much longer--autoimmune thyroiditis, female, menapausal, too many VLC diets that have wrecked metabolism--I know all the reasons I must be patient. No biggie!! We all will get there!!

Thanks for the support.

And SoHappy, love your attitude towards JUDDD. I think it works for me. The philosophy, that is, know the WOL does!!

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
I'm enjoying an UD, but looking forward to tomorrows DD.

Yesterday was my first hungry, really hungry DD. What's with that???? I didn't eat as much homemade soup--very low cal, mostly broth and egg whites--so maybe that is it. Will plan better tomorrow.

DH doing great, will be at goal in no time, I will explain maintenence to him.
Hi, Janie! Fun to hear you state that you are looking forward to your DD tomorrow, because I so often look forward to my DDs a lot more than my UDs, and I think to myself.. "What's up with that???" So I guess it isn't just me.

And I've had an occasional really hungry DD too, even out of the blue when I've been just fine on my DDs prior, so I've been telling myself that this hard-to-resist hunger is my body urging me to eat, so it won't have to go into the fat stores for more fuel. And if it can get me to break down and EAT, then it won't have to use any of that precious fat it has been hoarding. Don't know if there is even a grain of truth to that, but it helps me keep my resolve up to NOT eat more than my 500-calorie DD allotment. Just let my body use up some of that excess stored fat for any extra fuel it needs, For Cryin' Out Loud!

Your DH sounds like he's doing great. Arghhhhh.....Men! Why can't it be that easy for us? But truly, I'm very, very happy for him. You are guiding him well in all this.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Ah, you guys, I'm hungry! lol I'm already up to 443 calories for the day and I haven't had dinner yet. :/ I'll probably be closer to 600 for the day like I was on my first DD. I dunno if I can stick with 500 or less
Old 03-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens View Post
Ah, you guys, I'm hungry! lol I'm already up to 443 calories for the day and I haven't had dinner yet. :/ I'll probably be closer to 600 for the day like I was on my first DD. I dunno if I can stick with 500 or less
Just do the best you can. Really try, and then just accept today for what it turns out to be... without letting that give you any permission to relax about it all.

Here's the thing. It actually takes your brain awhile to get used to accepting just 500 (or even fewer) calories for a whole day's worth of food. There are no two ways about it... that is just plainly not very much food. Well, of course that's why it is called a fast. LOL

But, the comforting thing is that your brain gets used to it, and then it stops being so demanding, and sending out those "I'm Hungry" pangs of appetite. And at that point you will find that you really don't feel compelled to eat like you used to be driven to do. You'll be able to identify with others when they declare that they enjoy their Down Days as much or almost more than their Up Days. You'll join the ranks of those who find pleasure in the sleek, flat feeling of an empty gut!

So do absolutely the best you can. Try to fill your stomach with hot broth, hot tea, even hot salted water. Try S/F jello. Try a salad with lemon juice. Oh, and one of the best things is a whole bunch of hard boiled eggs.. just the whites. Feed the yolks to your dog. LOL

The lower you can successfully hold your DD calories to, the faster you will lose weight, but more importantly, the sooner you will get past this initial period where it's so darned hard. So if you go a bit above, it isn't going to break the diet for you. It's not like cheating at a purely low carb diet where it throws you out of ketosis or anything like that. It simply slows things down a little, but won't 'break' your diet.

Good luck. Oh, and another thing you can do is go to bed early. Just get to sleep before you give in to temptation. And then tomorrow is an UD. Yay!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Hey, Nanner! You're another LCF old-timer, like me.

JUDDD is absolutely the best, most dynamite program for weight loss and management that I have ever found! (Speaking for myself only, of course...) But for a lot of reasons.

Number one: I really have to admit it.. I hate to diet. And I hate to be ON a diet. I hate rules of what I can eat, and what I must eat, and what I can't eat, and what I may never eat! Get me OUT... OF... HERE!!! Guess I'm a spoiled brat or something, but in my whole life I've fought the reins intended for my control. Even when it wasn't the smart decision on my part.

So with JUDDD, I'm barely on a diet. I mean, I'm willing to face the fact that left to eat my way through my days, I would always be overweight. I didn't used to be, but now that's how my body reacts to excess food, so I am left to face a new reality. And JUDDD is the only 'diet' I've ever known of that gives me every other day of not being on the diet! That just cracks me up! Now that's my kind of diet!!!

Number two: JUDDD lets me diet when I want too, and get off whenever I want to not be on the diet. I've never in my life heard of a diet where you could say, "Well, we're going to a party Friday night, so I won't want to be dieting then." or "My favorite Taste of Wherever Festival is coming up, and I'll certainly want to sample from a lot of the food booths... Heaven Forbid that I have to be on a diet when we all go to that!" You get the idea.

All those fun social occasions with family and friends can be turned into UP Days in the blink of an eye! Just alternate your Up Day/Down Day schedule to make the social occasion be on one of your Up Days, and go enjoy yourself! Life is too short to be missing out on some of the best eatin' at these fun occasions. Go and partake and enjoy! (Who says that dieting has to make you miss out on an awful lot of the feasts everyone else gets to indulge in? Not JUDDD! LOL)

Number three: On JUDDD, I get to eat what I want to eat. Loving low carb? There you go! Want to add in a bunch of the veggies you've been missing? That's just not a problem at all. Missing fruit? Well, plan it into your calorie totals and help yourself! A slice of chocolate fudge cake or a helping of grandma's prize-winning cherry pie? Ya' know... that will still work. On Up Days. If you figure those treats into your total day's calories.

In other words. You get to design your diet foods to allow whatever you want in there. Most here are low carb. Some quite low. I'm moderate 'mid-range' carb. I eat a much wider range of vegetables, quite a bit more fruit, some bread/grain, etc. where many here don't. JUDDD doesn't care at all. It just requires me to count the calories. For me, it's 500 or fewer on DDs, and up to 1,650 on UDs... usually less than that. I don't do MDs too often, but use them when I want to shift my alternating schedule to make an UD fall on some upcoming 'event' where I will be dining with wild abandon. (Not really.)

Number four: I haven't even touched on the more important points of the actual HEALTH BENEFITS of calorie restriction diets and calorie cycling benefits to the metabolism!

Oh, yeah.. I love this way of eating!

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!
What a GREAT post!!! Thank you SoHappy!!

I'm copying this for my JUDDD notes in my computer!
Great!

Oh, and I AGREE, 100% and I love JUDDD as well!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening all you wonderful JUDDDers!!

I'm getting caught up on today's posts since I was gone most of the day.

I ended up going to the doctor's office because my pain is worse. The good news is, it may be very simple and not anything serious. It could be my electrolytes (I'll know in 48 hours), or the withdrawal from the other med.

Either way, we've ruled out anything serious, so THAT'S GOOD NEWS!!

I was told to stay in bed and rest and treat the pain. Yeah, right!

After the dr's appt, I went food shopping and got some GREAT deals on meat! WOW, I could not believe the sales!

So, now I am resting and I'll try to tomorrow as well, if I can. Hopefully, the pain will get better and I can do stuff.

Today is an UP day and I made some fixins for my DD tomorrow. I love my DDs as well and I really look forward to them because they are SO simple and I don't have to think about food hardly at all once I've made my plan.

Have a great night y'all!!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammykatt
Stats: 186/168.8/150
WOE: I dont even know anymore
Hey everyone! I know I just started with this but I have to say, it's not for me. Eating only 500 calories one day just doesn't work for me. I have way to many issues with it... well I'll be honest... I feel like I'm anorexic on the DD's and then I binge on the UD's and then I want to be bulimic...

So, because of this I have decided on a very simple calorie zig zag diet. I can have 10,500 calories a week, which is around 1,500 a day, only you never eat the same amount everyday. So my new diet plan looks like this:
Mon - 1600, Tues - 1400, Wed - 1600, Thur - 1400, Fri - 1500, Sat - 1700, Sun - 1300

I was a really big fan of LC because I could lose on it, well, I can get down to 170 and stay there for a month without losing or gaining anything, then it slowly goes back up to 175 and stays there. I do love eating the LC way but I miss fruit so very much. So I will be eating fruit and some bread again. I know this will take a lot longer for me to lose on, but I think this is the only way I can be health and lose.

I'm still going to read this thread everyday, simply because I think you all are doing a great job and want to keep up with everyone!
159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150
Sammykatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SammyKatt,

I wish you the best success on whatever plan you choose.

You're always welcome here.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Thank you SoHappy!!! I appreciate the encouragement! I hope I can get over the hunger. Ugh, I ended up having a total of 630 calories for the day. *sigh* This is what I ate today:

Breakfast 165 calories- wrap with lc tortilla (50 cal, 2 net carbs) with one scrambled egg (70 cal) and 6 slices of thin deli ham (45 cal)

Lunch 128 calories - 6 oz tuna (120 cal) with 1 tsp mustard (5 cal) and 6, 4" strips of celery (3 cal)

Snack 50 cal - Light n Fit Yogurt
Snack 100 cal - 100 calorie pack of almonds

Dinner 187 cal - 5 oz skinless chicken breast pan cooked in 0 calorie spray (156 cal) and 1 cup broccoli with salt (31 cal)

If I had not eaten the snacks, I would be under 500, but I was really hungry. :/ I'm still hungry and I just ate my dinner.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
ok, wow, how do I get so far behind!? I know why, it's cause I can't sit at this crazy computer long enough! Anyway, I'm sorry I can't take part more in the conversations and give kudo's to all you amazing losing people, but I thought I'd check in and report on how I'm doing. I've had two really hard dd's but have been successful..keeping my dd calories below 400. Today is a dd and I was up 5 pounds from yesterday! Water weight is definitely an issue. hormone related. This too shall pass. Monday will be my weigh in day for this week so I am for a loss, but if it's not, I think it will be water as I have been bloated all week.

Yeah to all the losers for the week and for those who are struggling.

RFL, I saw something about pain....what's going on? I'll try to go back and read...sorry I'm not keeping up.....let me know if I can do anything.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
RealFoodLiving[/B];14455614]I ended up going to the doctor's office because my pain is worse. The good news is, it may be very simple and not anything serious. It could be my electrolytes (I'll know in 48 hours), or the withdrawal from the other med. Either way, we've ruled out anything serious, so THAT'S GOOD NEWS!!
My JUDDD Friend, I'm so sorry to hear of you having pain. I think while I've gone through my very busy few days here I've missed out on some of the postings here, and missed news of you having a problem causing this and also you withdrawing from some medicine. Am I understanding this correctly? I'm glad to hear it doesn't seem to be anything serious, but pain is sometimes so hard to have to keep enduring when it doesn't seem to be coming to an end. Hope this spell is over for you very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Sammykatt[/B];14455628]Hey everyone! I know I just started with this but I have to say, it's not for me. Eating only 500 calories one day just doesn't work for me. I have way to many issues with it... well I'll be honest... I feel like I'm anorexic on the DD's and then I binge on the UD's and then I want to be bulimic...

So, because of this I have decided on a very simple calorie zig zag diet. I can have 10,500 calories a week, which is around 1,500 a day, only you never eat the same amount everyday. So my new diet plan looks like this:
Mon - 1600, Tues - 1400, Wed - 1600, Thur - 1400, Fri - 1500, Sat - 1700, Sun - 1300

I was a really big fan of LC because I could lose on it, well, I can get down to 170 and stay there for a month without losing or gaining anything, then it slowly goes back up to 175 and stays there. I do love eating the LC way but I miss fruit so very much. So I will be eating fruit and some bread again. I know this will take a lot longer for me to lose on, but I think this is the only way I can be health and lose.

I'm still going to read this thread everyday, simply because I think you all are doing a great job and want to keep up with everyone!
Aw, SammyKatt, don't feel unhappy at all about deciding JUDDD isn't for you. I'd be one of the very first ones to agree that it isn't suited for everyone. We all have such differing needs and expectations and even eating habits and desires and compulsions. The Down Days can be difficult to become accustomed to, and it has also been noted that for some folks, the Up Days are even more difficult to deal with as they do tend to rebound out of control and even binge.

But I'm so glad to read you want to stay with us here while doing your own calorie cycling plan. I will be following your progress with great interest and high expectation that you will do very well! Best regards and my best wishes for your great success!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Edens:

Yeah those hungry days can be real boogers!

I tend to drink warm tea w/stevia or water and it helps - sometimes.

I'm using Glucommanan powder now and that REALLY helps!

If I'm very hungry after supper, I'll try to go to bed early.

Bottom line though, if I cannot deal with a DD, I'll make it a MD. On JUDDD, you have several options.

Hang in there!!! We're here with you!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
edens[/B];14455704]Thank you SoHappy!!! I appreciate the encouragement! I hope I can get over the hunger. Ugh, I ended up having a total of 630 calories for the day. *sigh* This is what I ate today:

Breakfast 165 calories- wrap with lc tortilla (50 cal, 2 net carbs) with one scrambled egg (70 cal) and 6 slices of thin deli ham (45 cal)

Lunch 128 calories - 6 oz tuna (120 cal) with 1 tsp mustard (5 cal) and 6, 4" strips of celery (3 cal)

Snack 50 cal - Light n Fit Yogurt
Snack 100 cal - 100 calorie pack of almonds

Dinner 187 cal - 5 oz skinless chicken breast pan cooked in 0 calorie spray (156 cal) and 1 cup broccoli with salt (31 cal)

If I had not eaten the snacks, I would be under 500, but I was really hungry. :/ I'm still hungry and I just ate my dinner.
Well, that isn't bad at all, is it! And it really does get easier (usually LOL) as the days and weeks go by. Somehow our brains get used to our new way of eating and just stop making us feel so hungry.

One thing I'll put out for your consideration, that might help you feel a bit fuller, is.. instead of the one single egg that you scrambled, you might get some Eggbeaters and use those for eggs on your Down Days. That way for only 60 calories, you could have had 1/2 cup of Eggbeaters, which is the equivalent to TWO eggs! Hey! Every little bit of extra food helps!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

That's a really good idea! I'll get some egg beaters! I think today I didn't have enough fat, and that led me to be more hungry than I was on Monday, because I had 36.25g fat Monday, and today was only 19.64g! I will have to experiment with that.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
LBishop[/B];14455706]ok, wow, how do I get so far behind!? I know why, it's cause I can't sit at this crazy computer long enough! Anyway, I'm sorry I can't take part more in the conversations and give kudo's to all you amazing losing people, but I thought I'd check in and report on how I'm doing. I've had two really hard dd's but have been successful..keeping my dd calories below 400. Today is a dd and I was up 5 pounds from yesterday! Water weight is definitely an issue. hormone related. This too shall pass. Monday will be my weigh in day for this week so I am for a loss, but if it's not, I think it will be water as I have been bloated all week.
Leisa, you're another of us who is going through a period of pain right now. I'm so sorry. Are you feeling a little better each day, do you think? I pray it is so.

But, WOW! You are keeping your DD calories to below 400, so that is a really good fasting level. I'm such a wimp compared to you. (And some of the others here too I've noticed. :blush

And you know, it's a bit disappointing when the weight our scale is giving us is only partly the real *us*. And the rest is just water that happens to temporarily be finding a home in our bodies.

I always just think it's about the same thing as if I'd just drank a pint of water and it was now sitting there in my tummy. Not really a part of me, and certainly not any of my FAT, but showing up on the scale readout anyway!

Anyway, hope that you will experience a whoosh between now and Monday weigh-in! Good luck!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Good morning!!

Something is not clicking with me. I am not finding the consistency I am looking for! I really feel defeated and wonder if I would do better with a differant plan. My emotional eating has to stop!! I am wondering if the fast 5 plan may be something I should try...
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:12 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
JKat[/B];14456807]Good morning!!

Something is not clicking with me. I am not finding the consistency I am looking for! I really feel defeated and wonder if I would do better with a differant plan. My emotional eating has to stop!! I am wondering if the fast 5 plan may be something I should try...
I'm sorry you're having this difficulty right now, Jodi. Darnit!

I (usually) eat my DDs using the 'window closed/window open' approach of those on Intermittent Fasting, but even then it is mostly because that is how I most often eat anyway... except my 'window' is from about noon to 7:00 pm. So a 7-hour window. But even then I may well save back a little something for later in the evening.

What do you mean about "not finding the consistency" you are looking for? Is it the actual inconsistency of having some days be higher calorie and some days being very low calories?

I hope you will be able to find what seems to be missing for you. I do hope that you can remain with JUDDD, and perhaps just do your JUDDD eating within the Intermittent Fasting or Fast 5 rules, but however you need to eat to make you happy is important. I know about finding an eating plan that suits you well and the resulting great happy relaxation that follows.

Keep in touch with us. I know others here will be able to offer their thoughts and great suggestions.