Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Good Morning All! Happy Saturday...

Today is a down day for me, I've been sick but I'm feeling much better now, I have my DD menu planned (in my head) and I'm ready to meet any challenge. I want to drink lots of tea and water today and flush the rest of any bad germs I may have leftover. Yesterday was good LC UD.

Leo~ Great news regarding your maintenance, and awesome news about the weight training. Thanks for the "head check" about reaching goal. You're right, of course. It's wonderful that you received affirmation from friends who've not seen you recently! Something you said about going primal...I still eat dairy on UD's but not nearly as much as when I did straight low carb, and I think that has been a major help to me. When I do have it, I eat 2% cheese, or neufchatel instead of cream cheese, light sour cream, etc. Cutting back from full fat dairy (for me) has been a really good thing! I think cheese can be addicting. Staying closer to low carb is making my DD's a little easier.

Annie~ been there done that! Too much wine can make for a difficult DD. The good news is, you probably won't do that again anytime soon. Drink lots of liquids today!

RFL~ Yay! Have fun with your Glu!!! Have a restful day.

Hi SoHappy! Enjoy your day!

Leisa~I love a productive rainy day!

Hope you all get what you want today, whatever that may be!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Backtracking to say hello to Jane and Gaets and BACK to SuzeQ!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
This is what I came up with as far as daily calories are concerned:

DD: 600x3
UP: 1400x3
MD: 1200x1 7200/wk which averages to 1028 a day with wiggle room.

I originally stayed at 500/day, but really feel better at the higher number. I know Leo stays lower but her DD's are at the lower amount as well. My calculation is at about the 30% mode on the UD/DD website. I figure if this works OK, if not I'll drop back down a bit, but I'm aiming at about 1100 cals/day.

Does this seem reasonable, or am I in outer space? I have had an extremely stressful home situation last few months with DH and his treatments, plus I'm not getting any significant exercise. This week went back to the treadmill and next week will add in some Pilates on the reformer. Trouble is it's all very boring but I walk for aerobics and do Pilates for flexibility and some toning. I am super good at making excuses for not doing something!
Old 03-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #94
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Suze-
Your plan looks really good. I would never say anyone's calories are too low (as most do on LCF and other boards) because I know how low I have to stay. I'm hoping to eventually get my DDs up to 600, but when I first tried that, I began having problems on UDs and had to cut back.

I'm still working out what 'works' best, and that's what I'm sure you'll do too. This plan is an excellent start. We "old ladies" just can't eat like the young folk

Jane-
Hope you're better soon. The flu is SO uncomfortable, but be sure to take the time your doctor advises. Some of these strains of flu are notorious for flaring up again if the individual isn't sufficiently well before attempting to go back to regular duties. Rest and have your 'chicken soup' or whatever comfort food helps you most.

Blonde-I love hard cheeses, and I did an elimination test with dairy a few months back just to see if I have any problems with it. After a month dairy free, I had some cheese--and had heartburn. A few days later, I had some different cheese--and had heartburn again. I decided that wasn't a good sign, and I've been dairy free since--although I occasionally have butter--but not often. I've been in restaurants where I find cheese unexpectedly crumbled on my salad or something (never actually order anything with cheese), and I've eaten it without problems. I don't think there's any allergy involved but I seem to do better dairy free.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Evening JUDDDers!

Just popping in here to say HI! I hope everyone had a great JUDDD day!

I used my GLUC-thickened shakes all day and while they really helped my appetite, I am concerned about weight gain from all the "fiber."

I really shoulda waited until after tomorrow's weigh in to try it, but I was so blasted excited to give it a whirl and today was a DD, soooooooooo, I was ALL over it!~

All you Gluc users, do you limit your intake of it? Do you ever see weight gain if you overdo it?

Thanks!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:47 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Another successful dd for me today! Hope you all are well!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammykatt
Stats: 186/168.8/150
WOE: I dont even know anymore
Okay, I'm going to give this a go! Tomorrow is going to be my first DD! I'm a little scared about it, but hopefully I can do it.
Sammykatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
RFL - The scale might go up or not move for a day or two, but that is not because you have gained weight from the gluc powder--the stuff just *might* take a little while to work through your system and it continues to absorb liquid as it goes. After a couple of days you will not notice any weight fluctuation from it. Since you have just started using it, have you noticed that you are drinking more water (I sure did!) and possibly eliminating less? If so, that water is joining the gluc and will eventually make its way out! (Definitely not a scientific explanation lol)
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ElizabethG
Stats: 240/226/140
WOE: Atkins
Hi All! I just read the Alternate Day Diet today. Yes, all of it today. I couldn't put it down. I lost 40 lbs doing calorie counting and just switched to Atkins last month and while the scale moved it didn't move much and I cheated 3x.

I was debating on switching to a different low carb diet and I was looking around at these bulletin boards and read about the Up Day Down Day diet and I was intrigued. Giving myself 'permission' to cheat every other day sounded like a plan i could stick with. lol I know that's not a healthy perspective and my ultimate goal is to be healthy not just lose weight. But regardless I was interested in the science of it if nothing else so I got the book from my local library last week. It sat there for awhile and I almost didn't read it because I was like 'how on earth is eating 500 calories every other day possibly healthy for me??' (I had just read your quick description here nothing else) But I thought I'd read and see what it had to say and Dr Johnson has convinced me it IS actually healthy and it makes sense!

So I think I am going to switch to JUDD soon. I need to talk to my husband first (he's not home now) to make sure he will support me on this and maybe even go on it with me. He has psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and is currently applying for disability since the past almost 2 years now has been pretty much unbearable for him in pain and nothing working (though he's had the disease over 10 years it just got worse in the past two years) so he hasn't been working and is in pain a lot. He did Atkins last year and lost 130 lbs!! (he was over 400 lbs) then he went off because honestly when you can't walk because the pain is too great eating healthy became less of a priority. I got him whatever he wanted to eat because at least that would make him 'feel better' even if it was temporary. I managed to maintain my loss during these months off plan (i quit counting calories too but I just tried to eat less) but he gained 20 lbs and he wanted back on Atkins, so we both went on together. When we diet together we are much more successful than separately.

After reading the book I think this diet might help with his arthritis since its anti-inflammatory. I am also hoping it helps with my allergies (i am allergic to cats and have 2 that I don't want to give up so i take allergy meds daily that I would love to stop). But he is sure that Atkins is the answer. I see that some of you girls do low carb on your up day. Maybe I could suggest that to him. He can still do Atkins every other day and even do it with Atkins shakes (though the shakes are so expensive! i'd rather he not lol) Do any of you find that you do better on low carb JUDDing than just plain old low carbing?

Thanks for any thoughts! Hopefully I will be joining you all soon!
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Hello everyone

The "post-drinking-DD" is over ! I made it, I stayed under 500 although I had about 30g carbs
Of course this morning the scale jumped back up but well, I knew it would ! And when I think of it I lost 1,7kg (almost 4 lbs?) in less than a week thanks to JUDDD so I'm not gonna complain

Today is a regular LC/UD, and I might even have meat for lunch !! it's my boyfriend's grandma homemade stuff (his grand parents are farmers), so it is definitely a sustainably produced meat , I can eat it !

Plus I have a 2 hours Zumba class this afternoon, I definitely do need the energy !

Have a good sunday everyone

@Elizabeth : I just started LC/JUDDD last week but so far it's amazing, way better than simple LC... let's hope the magic keeps on !!
@All of you GLUC addicts ! what is it exactly ? I don't quite see what gluc stands for and it doesn't ring a bell ... but sounds magic !
Old 03-06-2011, 01:06 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
So I managed to get through my third dd without any issues until midnight. Then I went on a free for all. Stress about my teenager. I didn't see much in the book other than having an in between day perhaps but not certain if I should just do another dd or stay on my regular schedule.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:21 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

poor momo
stress and diet are definitely not going well together...

I'm too new at JUDDD to give you any advice on the DD/UD thingy but something I do when I feel a binge coming is go brush my teeth with a pretty strong toothpaste ! the after-taste is so strong that even if i put something in my mouth it tastes like hell and i stop rightaway
yes, sometimes i do brush my teeth 2 or 3 times in the evening
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:48 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

3 pound loss this week. Down to 142 today. UD and it's raining cats and dogs, flash flood warnings but we are headed to church! Have a great day everyone. wish I could participate more, but it's still very hard to sit at computer. I read everything though as best I can and feed off of all your successess and learn from your struggles! Thanks everyone.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Y'all!

Elizabeth WELCOME!!!!!!!! I know the wonderful people here will give you feedback and I'd like to as well, but for now I wanted to welcome you!

Sammykatt: How are you doing? We are here for you, don't be scared! You can do it and we can help!! You'll do great!

Leisa: WHOOO HOOO and congrats on the weight loss! I'm sorry you're still feeling not up to par, but I pray you continue to heal.

Momof: I'm sorry about the stress. As a mom of 5 kids, I can relate to stress. And as a binge-eater, I can relate. What I do is start a clean DD and stick to it. In other words, get RIGHT BACK on the wagon with a DD. Hey, we understand and we're rooting for you!

Donna: THANK YOU on the Gluc question. I drink a lot anyhow, but yes, I notice I am drinking even more. I am concerned about the gluc slowing down elimination (which is at a standstill anyhow), so I took some drastic measures last night. :blush: I think I'll only use the GLUC on DDs to give my body a chance to catch up in between. Is that what you do?

Annie: Your day sounds good. Sometimes it takes a little "tweaking" to settle into a regular JUDDD. I know it did for me. I know you'll have a wonderful day!

SOHAPPY: I MISS YOU!!!

Leo: How is it going? You've been so quiet lately!

Jane, Gaets, Blonde, Suze, Shell! Saying HI to you all!!

If I missed you, I'm sorry!! :blush:

Have a fabulous, wonderful, exciting JUDDD day everyone!!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
momof--I adore JUDDD--it is my favorite of all plans--but the restriction on the DD's triggered binging for me on a pretty consistent basis--I do better having more moderate days with the occasional lower day and the occasional higher day--too much restriction is always a problem for me. I am not trying to be discouraging--really, I am saying that the principles for juddd are great, but sometimes we really need to figure out what is best for us individually.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Elizabeth and welcome!

Bless your heart! You and your hubby have been through so much!

As I said before, the wonderful ladies here are so much more knowledgeable than I, but I can give you my recent experience. I've been on JUDDD since Jan 16 of this year and as of today (about 7 weeks), I've lost 22.6 pounds. I was low carbing before that but had slowed down a bit. I LOVE JUDDD!!!

I keep my JUDDD low carb because I am T2 Diabetic and I feel better with the lower carb lifestyle.

I don't consider my UP days to be "cheat" days because I have a binge eating history and I don't want to binge on my UP days, so I am VERY careful to plan my meals on all days, weigh, measure and enter them into ****** and not go over my calorie limits.

I have had 2 binge days in 7 weeks, but I am feeling more and more in control and less and less desirous of cheating, or breaking loose or binging. The JUDDD UP days are very satisfying to me. It took me a little while to settle in to JUDDD, but here I am after only 7 weeks, feeling like this is how I'm going to live and eat and maintain.

I have learned so much from Leo, SoHappy and the other ladies and I have implemented many of Leo's tips and strategies and they really, really work for me! And SoHappy is full of encouragement and great ideas!

I think you'll love it here!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #107
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Elizabeth-
Your long post was a little confusing to me. You mentioned that some of us low carb on UDs? I low carb every day, especially DDs. I eat real food both days (no shakes). I came to JUDDD after I lose my first 80lbs because I need to keep calories very low, and JUDDD makes that type of restriction easier.

I was also a little startled by your comment about your husband's pain making healthy eating no longer a priority. My own experience was the opposite. My pain drove me to be more healthy in my choices. I have severe osteoarthritis and was on NSAIDs for over 20 years, along with Rx pain meds. By following an anti-inflammatory diet and doing water exercise, I was not only able to get off all meds, but even my surgeon advises putting off knee replacements because I'm coping so well.

Does Dr. J claim that JUDDD is anti-inflammatory in itself? I read the book long ago and don't recall. In my own reading, it was always specific food choices that were mentioned in terms of an anti-inflammatory diet. For me, it's been the elimination of egg yolks, commercial red meat (I eat grass-fed bison), dairy, and all grains. Sugar is the major enemy. I will get pain almost immediately if I have anything with sugar.

Mom- If you tend to binge, you might observe Ouis's example. She is not the only one who found that 'strict' JUDDD incited a binge. Calorie cycling can be done in a variety of ways, and you might do better with a lower/higher rotation that's not so restrictive.

As to advice about rotation, I might be too late to advise, but in the past, people here have always advised that after a "blown" DD, it's not a good idea to try another one immediately but to stick to your 'normal' rotation. Those who had problems in this area found that if they tried a DD immediately, they tended to fail again, and it was just too discouraging. It's easier to do a DD when you're following a day of more 'normal' eating, and that's the reason for staying with your rotation.

Last edited by Leo41; 03-06-2011 at 09:32 AM..
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Leo-Sorry if my post was confusing. Yes I guess I did realize you do low carb both days. I guess I just thought DD carbs wouldn't be an issue since its so low cal but I guess you could eat 5 100 calorie packs or something too, though that wouldn't be very nutritious! lol I want to do real food both days too but he suggests the shakes/bars for the first two weeks so it will be easier and less likely to go over, then do real food. I think that would definitely help me just until I get used to it.

Yes he talks about all of the benefits of every other day 'fasting' and how it is anti-inflammatory. But since one can't fast every other day the low calorie thing triggers the same gene. He has used it in his asthma patients and within a few weeks their symptoms have gone down even though they had lost little weight. The reason I said that about my husband is because we both feel food is a comfort (bad excuse I know). When he is in pain and he says he wants pizza or a burger and fries or whatever, it's an emotional comfort for him to eat them. I hated saying no and I hated even having him start Atkins now even though he's in alot of pain still. I didn't think he was ready but he said he was. He also smokes and I would love for him to quit and i used to bug him all the time about it but now that he's not doing well I know he would feel better if he stopped but I'm not about to bug him about it when its a 'comfort' to him even though its a bad one.

Real food - I track my calories everyday with Daily Plate even though I'm low carbing just because I feel that is more accurate than doing it in my head or even on a piece of paper. I will probably continue to do so even once I start JUDD to make sure I am on track. I think one of my issues low carbing is I am eating too large of portions. I eat less than my hubby but he's 300 lbs so I should be eating way less than him when I'm really not. I'm trying to get his portion sizes down too. Anyway I feel like doing JUDDD will make it easier to eat less or at least offset the calories.

I spoke with my husband and he said he will support me but wont join me. He still wants to do just Atkins. Overall I want to eat healthy and not use JUDD as an excuse to cheat but if I do have an event or I want to go off plan giving me permission to will probably make it less likely that I will do it because just knowing its an option will make me feel better. So like you I might have a few 'binge' days but overall I hope they are fewer and further between.

momof-I agree with Leo and everyone else. I just read the book and the reason Up Day Down day works is because you are keeping your metabolism guessing and on your down day you are activating the starvation gene but then dont need it because you eat normally the next day. Doing several down days or eating low cal on your up day defeats the purpose of the diet. That said he doesnt want one to binge every other day either if you want to lose weight (though he still says even if you more than make up the calories you were down and dont lose you still gain health benefits doing the every other day diet). Sorry about your teen I hope you're both doing better!

AnnieS-Thanks for the welcome. Love your avatar. I brush my teeth or chew gum to keep me from eating too. I have a full drawer of gum at work. lol That seems to work pretty well. Gum just doesnt make me want to drink because it too tastes weird or dries the gum out.

Last edited by ElizabethG; 03-06-2011 at 10:32 AM..
Old 03-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Bonsoir everyone,

An UpDay is ending here, i'll just have one more zero-calorie coffee jelly and i'll be done !
I'm so glad I remembered this recipe ! i'll try it with plenty other flavour on DD ! it might save me ^^
I made some awesome LC shrimp fajitas tonight, it was soooo good !

Tomorrow will be my 3rd DD, Let's do it !!!

good evening everyone
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Leisa - woo hoo, awesome on the nice loss!

Woo hoo to everyone--sounds like some pretty stuff going on in here.

RFL - I use the glu powder every day. On my DDs I may use 2 or 3 tsps throughout the day. On an UD I typically will have 1 tsp with a pudding, and possibly a bit more if I am cooking something that requires some thickening. Really, just have a little patience with the first couple of days--once the stuff gets moving through you on a regular basis, it will continue to move! Any gain or slow down will be temporary. However, my theory is that if you do experience a gain or a slowdown you will only prolong it or continue bouncing by taking the fiber intermittently--just get your body used to handling it and it will do a fine job of moving it along.

On my bag of konjac powder it says the recommended daily dose is 3 tsp!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

So far all I've had today was an Atkins bar - 160 cals... Granted I've only been up for about 30 mins! I made the mistake of staying up till 4 in the morning so I slept until 1pm today! And the last thing I ate yesterday was at 4pm so I haven't had anything to to eat in about 21 hours so now I'm starving. And I was so distracted yesterday I never went to the store to buy food for my DD's so I have nothing I can eat in my house today! lame! I'm happy I had the Atkins bar to hold me over so I can make it to the store.

Do for today my menu will look like this:

Atkins Bar - 160 cals

Breakfast burrito made of:
Egg beaters - 40 Cals
turkey - 30 Cals
LF cheese - 45 cals
LC tortilla - 80 Cals

EAS Active Shake - 110 cals

So that's a total of 455 cals today. Does that look like a good menu for DD's? I'm still trying to figure the DD's out for me.
159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150
Sammykatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #112
Junior LCF Member

I am going to the store tomorrow for my weekly shopping trip and going to get all ready for JUDDD!

Here is my current plan, I haven't bought anything yet so calorie counts are estimates:

breakfast = shake (max 200 calories)
lunch = meal bar (max 200 or if over only over whatever my shake is under)
dinner = salad (max 100 calories)
snack = sugar free jello (if i have any calories left over) and sugar free gum

I also might make some lc broccoli soup for an option for lunch and/or dinner too. I know it might not look the 'healthiest' just yet but I want to keep it simple for the first few weeks. I may keep the shakes for breakfasts unless I come up with something really simple and easy. Right now I love MiMs. But those are over 200 calories each, I guess I could half them. I don't know. I'd rather have more calories later in the day than in the morning.

Meanwhile I've been playing around with some flax seed cracker recipes today and while they are all good for dipping stuff I have yet to make one that is yummy on its own. (i was going for a graham crackery cracker with no luck, oh well)
Old 03-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
Thanks for all the great ideas.

I woke up with the worst headache ever. Worse than an atkins related ones that I have had in the past. Took a couple of pain killers and drank about litre of liquid and went back to bed. Woke up later to the kids argue about headphones. So far so good with eating. I am not feeling hungry nor irritable anymore. Thinking of taking some PGX later this evening in case I do start to feel stressed out and suddenly hungry.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
RFL - I use the glu powder every day. On my DDs I may use 2 or 3 tsps throughout the day. On an UD I typically will have 1 tsp with a pudding, and possibly a bit more if I am cooking something that requires some thickening. Really, just have a little patience with the first couple of days--once the stuff gets moving through you on a regular basis, it will continue to move! Any gain or slow down will be temporary. However, my theory is that if you do experience a gain or a slowdown you will only prolong it or continue bouncing by taking the fiber intermittently--just get your body used to handling it and it will do a fine job of moving it along.

On my bag of konjac powder it says the recommended daily dose is 3 tsp!
Donna, you are a DOLL! THANK YOU for this information!!
I had some today and it worked like a miracle, stopping my hunger in its tracks.

What you say makes sense, and you're using it daily, so I'm going to try as well.

Thank you!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

RFL, I love being able to see your face. : ) You inspired me to change my avatar to a real picture.

I've decided I need to eat better on my UD's and quit eating so much junk. I'm sure I'd do better even though my loss has been good. I need to cut out excess salt and sugar. Have a great night everyone. Hope everyone loses well this week!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LEISA!!!!!! WHooooo hoooooooooo! I SEE YOU!!!!!!!!

How cool!

Quote:
I've decided I need to eat better on my UD's and quit eating so much junk. I'm sure I'd do better even though my loss has been good. I need to cut out excess salt and sugar.
I think that's a good plan. I hope you enjoy your JUDDD more!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Hi! I was curious about what JUDDD was so I checked out the website and this thread. I think I had a DD yesterday without trying. From the time I got up until the time I went to bed I was down 1.8 pounds!!! I'm sure that's not typical, but still. I had 2 atkins bars, a bag of skinless almonds (1.5 oz), all between the hours of 8am-8pm. Then I had chicken breast and 1 carb ketchup around 10pm. I honestly don't know how many calories are in chicken breast, isn't that bad? lol But I did the calculator for calories on the JUDDD webby and it said based on my info I could have up to 960 calories, and that's probably right around where I was, if not less.

So, I read for the first two weeks it's best to keep calories under 500. Do some of you keep it at that after the two weeks? Sometimes I just do not feel like meals, or just want to snack, and sometimes I'm too busy to eat (like yesterday) so it might work for me! Do you ever just do like 2 DD a week, or is it strictly every other day? Thanks
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens View Post
Hi! I was curious about what JUDDD was so I checked out the website and this thread. I think I had a DD yesterday without trying. From the time I got up until the time I went to bed I was down 1.8 pounds!!! I'm sure that's not typical, but still. I had 2 atkins bars, a bag of skinless almonds (1.5 oz), all between the hours of 8am-8pm. Then I had chicken breast and 1 carb ketchup around 10pm. I honestly don't know how many calories are in chicken breast, isn't that bad? lol But I did the calculator for calories on the JUDDD webby and it said based on my info I could have up to 960 calories, and that's probably right around where I was, if not less.

So, I read for the first two weeks it's best to keep calories under 500. Do some of you keep it at that after the two weeks? Sometimes I just do not feel like meals, or just want to snack, and sometimes I'm too busy to eat (like yesterday) so it might work for me! Do you ever just do like 2 DD a week, or is it strictly every other day? Thanks
Hi Edens,

Did you read the very first page of this thread?
Did you read the JUDDD site for how to work the program?

You know that DD's are very low (below 500 calories for the 1st 2 weeks of DDs). 960 cals for DOWN days is a very high number. And the UP day calculator is not accurate. Most of is do not go by the UP calc.

Yes, for the 1st 2 weeks, on DDs, 500 cals or less is the plan to get the gene activated.

No, we are not to do two DDs in a row, the UP day is important. Alternating the UP and DDs is a major part of the program, but overall restriction in calories.

To do this, you might want to know the calorie counts of what you're eating.
I use ******.com to enter all my foods (which I weigh and measure). I plan my meals in advance. Not everyone does that, but I find it helps me stick to my calorie intake limits.

There are other gals who are MUCH more knowledgeable about JUDDD than I, and I'm hoping they'll jump in.

Best success to you Edens!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Thanks for the reply! I did read the first page and the synopsis on the website, I didn't read the entire thing yet. Gonna look for the book. Oh, and I didn't mean two DD in a row, but just two DD per week, like one on Wed and one on Sat, and the rest just low carb it. I don't think I could live like that lol

I did the calculator based on my height and weight with me working out 3-5 days a week and it came out to that. lol When I adjusted it to 1-3 days of working out it brought it down to 800-something.

Counting calories on the DD is probably a lot easier since food choice is more limited. I might not be so strict with counting on UD because I'm a low carber. Not that I will go off and eat the 4000 calories it says I'm allowed. LOL
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

My first DD is done!!! I was hungry most of the day but I just kept telling myself "tomorrow you can eat all day!" =D

The calorie calculator said I could have 483 cals on the DDs and 1933 cals on the UDs.
What happens if you can't eat all 1933 cals? I know when I was doing Atkins I always had a hard time keeping my calories above 1300. Does it matter if you dont eat them all on an UD?

But here's what I had today:

Atkins bar - 160 Cals

Med. Grapefruit with 1/2 packet of splenda - 84 Cals (I had never had a grapefruit before so the first half I ate without the splenda and then my BF told me to try it with the splenda, much better with it!)

1 Cup chicken broth - 10 cals

2 tablespoons Chocolate reddi wip - 15 cals

Multi Grain english muffin - 100 Cals
Turkey - 45 Cals
Fat free cheese - 25 cals
egg beaters, southwestern style - 30 cals

So thats a total of 468 calories which broke down to:

Fat -12.8g (20.9%)
Saturated Fat - 6.5g
Cholesterol - 40mg
Sodium - 2,090mg
Carbohydrates - 73.1g (53.2%)