Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.0/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Good morning Judders...

Done very well yesterday being an UD...

to all our newbies...the knowledge is on this thread take your time and read...it's a very easy way to lose weight at a good pace...

Congrats to all our losers....keep it up...
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
my very first JUDDD day is almost over ! I think it was alright but please tell me if my menu was ok

B = 1 soft boiled egg, tea with a little soy milk
L = high protein diet soup (the instant type, 70cal and 15g proteins) + lettuce
D = shrimps & cauli rice

according to ****** this should be something like 370 calories...

maybe I can endulge myself with a little snack in the evening what do you recommend ?!
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #33
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Annie-
On JUDDD, there's no such thing as a menu that's "ok" or not. This is a plan of calorie cycling, so all that matters is the numbers. What you choose to eat is entirely up to you.

Whether or not you have another snack is also your choice. There's no requirement to get to 500 cals, and if you did just 370 cal today that doesn't mean that your next DD can't be 500--or 400.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Hi Juddd'ers--I am a "sort of" juddd girl--just subbing in--

And an amazing magician with recipes, too!! Good to see ya here!
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Annie-
On JUDDD, there's no such thing as a menu that's "ok" or not. This is a plan of calorie cycling, so all that matters is the numbers. What you choose to eat is entirely up to you.

Whether or not you have another snack is also your choice. There's no requirement to get to 500 cals, and if you did just 370 cal today that doesn't mean that your next DD can't be 500--or 400.

This is good to know. I only had 366 calories and was concerned that I would always have to stay so low.

Woke up this morning down about 4 lbs and I am not even hungry. Ate about a couple of bites of leftover meat sauce and still nursing a hot cocoa.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieS View Post
my very first JUDDD day is almost over ! I think it was alright but please tell me if my menu was ok

B = 1 soft boiled egg, tea with a little soy milk
L = high protein diet soup (the instant type, 70cal and 15g proteins) + lettuce
D = shrimps & cauli rice

according to ****** this should be something like 370 calories...

maybe I can endulge myself with a little snack in the evening what do you recommend ?!
Hi, Annie. How are you doing? I think you are about 6 or 7 hours ahead of us, right? So it is evening for you now.

Leo's right about us all deciding what foods we're going to eat, and that it's all predicated on calories. I think if you do low carb you will probably lose a bit faster, although I'm not entirely sure about that.

I feel like the most important thing is for you to keep your DD calories low and your UD calories at a more 'normal' range for you. But if I'm going to be able to get through a day without having used up all my calories, I certainly take advantage of that.

I usually make sure I have a few calories left for a late night snack. I don't always eat it, but in case I'm reeeeeally hungry, that snack can sometimes save me. For me it's either a couple of hard boiled eggs, whites only, or else a 1/2 cup serving of 'diet' pudding at about 45 calories.

Good luck with JUDDD. I bet you'll like it!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annie~ re: lowcarb, it isn't a necessity to JUDDD but for me, it's helped me gain better control over my UD's and kick starting my weight loss again (because I'm in control). Low carb has always helped me be "not so hungry". I don't know if it's blood sugar issues or what, it just helps.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

hey there ! yes i am few hours ahead, it's almost 9pm now and we are watching "Bones" on tv ^^

after having dinner I was still a bit hungry so I ate a soy yogurt (40cal) & 1/2 very dark chocolate square (25cal) I'm still under 500 and totally full so it's cool ^^

this first day JUDDDing was quite satisfying, I didn't feel so hungry... and i just can't wait to weight myself tomorrow morning !!
But I guess the DD will be tough when i'll be interpreting (i'm studying conference interpreting) cause it uses looooots of energy. I'll have to schedule my UD/DD according to my school schedule !
Old 03-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Hi there!

Haven't been able to post for quite a few days.

I'm still rocking on JUDDD.

I now have 9 great DD's under my belt, and one that turned into a MD because of my DS's birthday dinner out where I broke down and ate 2 shrimps and 2 ribs.

I like soups so a kind of egg drop soup helps me on DD's. A gluconamman protein pudding also gives protein. I have been doctoring up shirataki noodles with help from Ouizoid's recipes.

I am trying to talk DH into a few weeks--making him a convert, I hope.

Thanks for all the help to everyone here, you are helping so much.

I think I can keep the scales moving in the right direction. What more could anyone want?

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Annie~ re: lowcarb, it isn't a necessity to JUDDD but for me, it's helped me gain better control over my UD's and kick starting my weight loss again (because I'm in control). Low carb has always helped me be "not so hungry". I don't know if it's blood sugar issues or what, it just helps.
I think you have a point about the low carb helping with hunger. I also think there is a bit of a bonus over simple calorie counting, but who knows.

I low carb because my thyroid doctor says carbs don't work well on my kind of autoimmune thyroiditis.

That's just a few reasons I low carb.
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi. Every one.
Today is a dd. Had 100 calaries for the day. Doing very well since I restarted Feb 8,
Welcome new comers.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
I feel so silly! I forgot to look for a new March thread...have posted a couple of times already on the old board,....duh! lol! I was beginning to think you were all avoiding me. ; )
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
I feel so silly! I forgot to look for a new March thread...have posted a couple of times already on the old board,....duh! lol! I was beginning to think you were all avoiding me. ; )
Bless your heart!!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #44

Quote:
That happened to me a couple of months ago. I thought the same thing. I was so excited about JUDDD and so was posting excitedly, and nobody was responding to me or anything.

Finally Leo took pity on me and came in to tell me there was a new thread started each month. :blush:

I'll probably forget again one of these months though. I don't seem to pay attention enough to the passing of the months.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Hi. Every one.
Today is a dd. Had 100 calaries for the day. Doing very well since I restarted Feb 8,
Welcome new comers.
Wow, Kind. You are really able to hold those DD calories down to levels that would make Dr. Johnson proud. I think you are closing in on your goal soon now, right?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammykatt
Stats: 186/168.8/150
WOE: I dont even know anymore
I'll be starting JUDDD soon! I'm still a little sick but I'm getting better.. finally!

I was thinking of doing Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays as up days, Tuesdays, Thursday, and Sundays and down days and then having Saturday as a medium day...
Sammykatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

it's morning on this side of the Atlantic and it's sunny ... and the scale went down to the lowest since I started LC my first JUDDD day was efficient

have a good DD/UD/MD/WhateverDay everyone
Old 03-03-2011, 02:01 AM   #48
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
We got in the habit of starting a new thread each month because our threads were getting so long (I didn't start the practice but was here when it started). If this is too confusing for you, we can just keep the thread going until you all decide it's time for a new one.

I often forget when the new month begins, too
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

I don't really mind a new thread every month but what I think would be awesome is if whoever starts it could just put a reminder in the old thread to start posting in the new one. I usually catch on a little quicker than that but the days have gotten away from me this month! No matter what I'm just glad you all are here and doing this with me. I posted at the end of the old thread :blush: that I had hit a new low on Tuesday following a dd. I hit 142.2! I'm up 2 pounds after yesterdays UD but I am feeling a lot of water retention this morning too.. (too many Cheez-its) last night. I'm going to drink alot of water today and see if I can't get it off fast. Water weight seems to hold on in me and then suddenly in one days time it all comes flowing out! lol! I'm so excited about warmer weather and lighter clothing with the lighter me that I'm becoming! Summer is so much more fun when you feel better in your clothes. It's way too easy in the winter to cover it all up. I'm too old for a lot of fashion but I just want to be able to wear a tank top and shorts without feeling like the fats hanging out and bulging all over. We also may be spending a week at the beach this summer and I'd love to not feel like a whale in front of my ultra young and ultra skinny relatives-in-law. : ) now THAT'S incentive..right there!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammykatt View Post
I'll be starting JUDDD soon! I'm still a little sick but I'm getting better.. finally!

I was thinking of doing Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays as up days, Tuesdays, Thursday, and Sundays and down days and then having Saturday as a medium day...
Hope you are feeling better soon, Sammykatt, and I'm looking forward to you joining us. Sounds like your schedule will be workable for you, and remember.. you can shift it around as you need to so that whenever a special occasion is coming up, you can arrange for it to be an UD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieS View Post
it's morning on this side of the Atlantic and it's sunny ... and the scale went down to the lowest since I started LC my first JUDDD day was efficient
annieS!!!!! You are making it happen already! Yay! Keep up the good work. I'll bet you will be seeing lower and lower numbers on the scale on a very regular basis!

Quote:
I posted at the end of the old thread :blush: that I had hit a new low on Tuesday following a dd. I hit 142.2!
LBishop, Congratulations! That is just fabulous. I think you will be in those little sizes this summer for sure, and rockin' an amazing swimsuit at the beach too!

Last edited by SoHappy; 03-03-2011 at 06:17 AM..
Old 03-03-2011, 06:25 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A bright and cheery GOOD MORNING all you lovely JUDDDers!!!!!!!

Blond: Whooo hooo! Great losssssss!!

Sammykatt: I hope you feel better soon!!! It's no fun being sick!!

ouizoid: HI! We're glad to have you!!

AnnieS: WOW, amazing JUDDDing! Great job! It is SO easy, I know you'll love it, as I do. Oh, I love the show "Bones"! One of my favs! I love the writing!

Momof3: How are you doing today? What's your plan?

Kind: Bless your heart. I hope you're feeling well! We've missed you around here lately.

Janie: Your JUDDDing sounds awesome!! Good for you!! I hope your hubby joins you, it's a lot more fun that way. Any gluc recipes, or shirataki noodle recipes you care you share???

Leisa: SO glad you found the thread!! Water retention is a bear!!!! Drink lots of water! Also, acv works for me as a diuretic.

SoHappy: How are you doing?? I love to read your posts!

Leo: You ROCK!!

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 03-03-2011 at 06:27 AM..
Old 03-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #52

I'm having an UD today, but a good portion of my food is going to be the same lower cal stuff I'd eat on a DD.. just in larger quantity. I just have some things that need to be used up, and I'm still working on the last of that salad I brought home from our night out. Wish I had more big shrimp to eat with it, but I'm even surprised the lettuce is still crispy and it's still looking delicious.

I'm down a mini-fraction of a pound this morning! I always take my little 'encouragements' when I find them, because after today it will have all bounced back up again on the scale, and it'll be a couple more days before I see this number again, I expect. But every little hint that I'm heading downward overall is exciting for me.

I have a big day ahead of me. See you all this evening. Have a great JUDDD day, Everyone!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning again!!!!!!

The scale has been very, very good to me this week. The one thing I changed is that I haven't been to the gym for the hard, hard workouts, I've been busy here. I wonder if the water retention for me is more than just 1 day. The past times I did the gym thing, it took a week to lose the extra 2 pounds.

OR, it could simply be the time is right and if I waited long enough, it would come off! LOL! I think I'll stick with the latter and not try to over analyze this since I AM going downward, sometimes, fast, sometimes not at all, and sometimes slow. BUT overall, (as Leo said, in my monthly chart), the weight is going down!

So, today is a DD for me and I lost 1/2 pound each, on the last 2 UP days, even with higher cals and carbs.

It seems to me, that the weight loss gene Dr. Johnson talks about may be kicking in!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.0/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
good morning ladies

RFL..like you i do enjoy my acv....my last bottle of water of the day i always put my acv and lemon juice...very good diuretic..and now that i've got used to the taste ...it's not all that bad

Did good with my DD yesterday...my calories aren't as low as some of you but i didn't gain any weight this morning either...i rather go slower now that i'm close to my goal weight and be able to keep it off...i've been yo-yoing enough...i want it off with some kind of plan that i can apply every day...

UD today....it's getting to a point that i can't eat as much as i use too...so that's a blessing also...

Have a great day ladies

~~~GAETS~~~

Last edited by mommy_gates; 03-03-2011 at 06:52 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Gaets!

Ohhh lemon and acv! Good combo for sure! Enjoy your UP day! I'm like you, I cannot eat as much as before, isn't this GREAT!!!???

Also, because you're so close to goal, (and I have so much to go), we'll see different weight loss amounts. I'm sure as I get as close to goal as you, my weight loss will be slowed, which is EXACTLY the way I want it!

Have a great day Gaets!
Old 03-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gosh, Good Morning Everyone is sooo busy today! I'm doing well. As you know I'm only weighing once a month. I'm kind of a slow loser, I follow JUDDD faithfully and the ultra slow changes make for a frustrating weekly weigh-in.

Janie, I'm trying to entice my husband over as well, he only needs to lose 20-30 (not like my 80)lbs. I'm hoping he will. I thinks he's afraid of starving! The glucomannan powder is helping me on my DD's as well.

RFL and Gaets! tell me about apple cider vinegar.....drink it? What's the scoop. I have some, don't know what to do with it.

Leisa~ glad you found us. I think the short month caused some confusion for me too.

I too have noticed that my tummy can't hold what it used to, thank goodness. Also, I am aware of being full much faster than before and know the difference between hunger and boredom.

If I missed you, please forgive me. I appreciate all the input here from everyone! What a great support group! Soooooo: Congrats on your losses! and Newbies! Hang in there, it gets better and better!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 03-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hi Judders

I feel so far behind... WTG all the loosers out there...

I am still working crazy hours and had an aweful UP day yesterday. I been working nights and its just messed me up a bit. Being up all night is not for me. I am glad I only have to do a couple of them and then its someone elses turn.

Waving hello to everyone!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Good evening everyone !

My second JUDDDay, a MD is over ! I had around 1100 calories, because of my bad organization I made myself a lunch box that I forgot at home so I had to go to the university cafetaria where I had chicken (no vegetarian option !) and green beans.
And tonight as I got home I ate my lunch box (don't want to waste good tofu !)
... So i had a little more calories than expected !
And tomorrow will be an UP day with wine

I'm not good at acknowledging everyone in my posts but let me just tell you that you are being super supportive and i love it thank you !

PS : My boyfriend is having pasta with minced meat and cheese right by my side right now ! Life can be tough
Old 03-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

I'm doing it! I am having a very stressful day (just a bunch of little things adding up) and I have thought a couple of times about eating and immediately both times I said "no, won't mess up my dd!!!!" I can tell you this is HUGE for me! A couple of weeks ago today would have derailed me...in fact a couple of weeks ago a day like today DID derail me, so this is a big step for me. If I can get through a stressful day without eating at least ONCE, I can do it forever. That's how I get through hard dd's even when I'm not stressed by knowing that I've done it before, so the knowledge that I can get through one under stress will go really far with my success. Hang in there! Things change when you stick to this plan!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YAY Leisa!

That is AWESOME!!! Hang in there girl, you CAN do this!!
Great job!