Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Congrats on losing while on your trip, SoHappy!

DD for me yesterday, went well. I discovered that having my cup of gluc pudding a little earlier in the evening (around 8 - 8:30) helps control my hunger a lot better than waiting until I want to hit the fridge in search of food. I'm going to conquer this late-night eating yet.

I'm still up 1# from my new low, but after the weekend I had, it's okay by me. It'll come back off.
I'm still getting caught up a bit on all the posts while I was gone, but am excited to see that you experienced a new low recently!!! Woo Hoo!

I should have been a bit clearer on my post of being down 2.2 pounds after my 12-day visit with daughters... that didn't take me to a new low. Just down to the very low-low end of my maintenance range. I only mentioned it because I was so surprised that I hadn't gained a bit above my current maintenance level from all the restaurant meals we enjoyed.

I'm going to make some gluc pudding for myself this evening too. We two souls here also enjoy a 'little something' a bit later in the evening after our supper. It is one of our little pleasures together, but I need to make mine something that will be appropriate as a DD food. So far I haven't developed a pudding that I'm happy enough with. And it has to be chocolate! LOL
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 AM   #482
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
Hey Y'all,
Breezin' in to say hi and going on with my DD. I usually stick to the same 'ole menu on DD so as not to get crazy! My noodles are in today (along with some other stuff). I probably won't try them until next week when I am off and have time to think (as well as breathe!!).
SoHappy--good to hear you did so well while on vacation!
Welcome to all newbies!
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi JUDDD'ers! Just checkin' in as well. DD for me!! Gonna rock it, like always! Leo, good to see you! As always you give stellar advice.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #484
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaysol
Okay, I will take a headache for a weight loss, some pain is worth it, kinda like waxing your eyebrows...
kaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysol View Post
Okay, I will take a headache for a weight loss, some pain is worth it, kinda like waxing your eyebrows...

I'm thinking that headache won't last. I haven't had to take advil for a headache since I started this woe. Here's hoping.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Evening Y'all!

We've been crazy running around here! Drs appts for The Princess and lots of other things, car repairs church functions. Whewwwww!!

I'm so glad everyone is posting and doing so well!!

I'm on a DD today and I hit a new low after an UP day. So yeah, I'm a HAPPY JUDDD CAMPER!!

The aliens left and I'm still sitting under the metal colander so they won't return

Even with that, this month was a great one for weight loss. I thank LEO for telling me how to record my weight on a calender. This has helped me SOOO much and at the end / beginning of a month, I tally up. Today, being the last day and it being a DD, I believe I'll have a stellar monthly report tomorrow!

I have some bad news concerning me and the gluc powder. I love it, I love what it does, I love how it helps my appetite, I love the texture etc, BUT it acts like cement in my innards and it lasts for days.

So, NO MORE gluc powder for me. SAD SAD.

BUT, hey, I can do JUDDD with real food, right!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysol View Post
Sorry about your headache! I try to drink more fluids and make sure I'm not dehydrated.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #488
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Evening Y'all!

We've been crazy running around here! Drs appts for The Princess and lots of other things, car repairs church functions. Whewwwww!!

I'm so glad everyone is posting and doing so well!!

I'm on a DD today and I hit a new low after an UP day. So yeah, I'm a HAPPY JUDDD CAMPER!!

The aliens left and I'm still sitting under the metal colander so they won't return

Even with that, this month was a great one for weight loss. I thank LEO for telling me how to record my weight on a calender. This has helped me SOOO much and at the end / beginning of a month, I tally up. Today, being the last day and it being a DD, I believe I'll have a stellar monthly report tomorrow!

I have some bad news concerning me and the gluc powder. I love it, I love what it does, I love how it helps my appetite, I love the texture etc, BUT it acts like cement in my innards and it lasts for days.

So, NO MORE gluc powder for me. SAD SAD.

BUT, hey, I can do JUDDD with real food, right!
Good Evening, RFL! Sounds like things are really hectic for you right now. Wow! Take good care of yourself and family.

And so happy that you are doing so well with the weight loss. I'll look forward to your loss report tomorrow. I remember just a short time ago when you were saying you always, always stall out at 175 pounds and just can't ever seem to get below that, and look at you now!

Sorry to hear you can't use the glucomannan powder, other than to mix cement and make patio bricks or something. LOL Rats! But we are all certainly different. I always tell people to try the Spring Mix greens as a big salad.. that always makes me almost more than regular! And then others will say that does absolutely nothing for them. I love the gluc powder and will have to order more shortly. But you have your wonderful chia gel stuff, right? And like you said.. you can certainly eat regular food. Fancy that!

Glad to hear from you!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #489
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaysol
Yeah, no headache today on my second down day but I did have to take a nap tpo keep from chewing my arm off - how do you all ever go below 500 calories? Does it get easier with time? I have been drinking lots of water so that probably is what helped...

I was thinking about trying the gluc powder but gluten causes the cement innards for me and that is something I would rather avoid if possible! Does anyone use xantham gum to thicken things? I have put it in protein shakes and it works, maybe it would work for you RFL (for puddings etc). No appetite control as far as I know though...

Thanks for all the help everyone, it is so much easier when you have someone to "talk" to...you are all very inspiring to me and reading your posts is getting me through these first few days! I'm off to chew on some celery now...
kaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Kay!!

Glucomannan is not gluten, just so you know. It is a natural fiber from a plant that is used as a thickener. No gluten in it.

BUT, it still stops me cold!

I don't care for xanthan gum, but thanks!

I eat a LOT of celery (organic) on DDs and hard-boiled eggs. And drink lots of tea, water, homemade defatted chicken / turkey broth etc. I eat a LOTS of eggs on DDs. I love them.

Hang in there with us, we are fun to talk to!!

I remember that for every DD I get through successfully, there is an UD waiting on the other side. That's what I love about JUDDD.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:48 AM   #491
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I tried an experiment yesterday and did IF for the first time on an UD.

It was a weird day because I was ravenous in the morning for some reason, but when I went to work out, I had less strength than usual, and it was more of an effort. When I was just swimming, I knew there were days like this. For some reason, the body is in a funk.

Anyway, by 9 am, I knew I'd had enough calories for the entire day, so I decided to try to abstain from food until this morning. I just had hot, plain tea for the rest of the day, and it wound up being 19hrs until my morning coffee and breakfast.

What amazed me was not that I wasn't hungry yesterday; I knew I'd had enough to eat for the day, but I was really surprised that I wasn't at all hungry this morning. I usually have an appetite in the morning and tend to be a 'morning eater' (as I was yesterday). But there's something about that long 'fast' that seems to suppress appetite--and I like that.

Today is a DD, and I may try an 'eating window' again, simply because yesterday was a good experience. I've always thought that IF helped people lose because they ate fewer calories that way, but I'm interested in seeing what effect it has when I eat my at my normal calorie level but within a 'window.'

I know that many of you are IF veterans, but this is a big accomplishment for me, since I've always been anxious if I knew I couldn't eat--but I didn't have that experience yesterday at all.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:50 AM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
excuse my ignorance Leo but what does IF stands for ???!
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:56 AM   #493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good April 1st morning to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoooo hoooooooooooooooooo!! March is gone and April is a bright possibility ahead!

Annie: "IF" stands for Intermittent Fasting. There are some groups here on LCF and there is good info on the 'net. There are different ways to do it.

Leo: WONDEFUL!! YAY! I hope it works out for you!!

For me, I cannot do any "IF" because I am a Diabetic.

OK youse guys, you get to see all my monthly tallying! Of course, you can skip it if you want to, I do this to motivate myself!

Here goes....
Starting weight 218 Nov 2010
Started JUDDD Jan 16 2011
2 weeks in Jan lost 4.5 pounds
Lost in Feb 11.2
Lost in March 11.4
Current weight drumrolll pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!
163! New low, VWT (Virgin Weight Territory!!)

Total: 55 pounds

Today is an UP day.

I'm saving up my celebration for my new DECADE weight ahead, I hope I will see it in a couple of weeks, 150's, watch out here I come!!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #494
Senior LCF member

Sorry to be confusing, Annie. I've just gotten so used to IF to mean Intermittant Fasting that it didn't occur to me to spell it out.

RealFood- I know you can't IF with diabetes. I'm actually amazed that you can do JUDDD because we had a few diabetics that could not do it because it played havoc with their blood sugar. Dr. J has a warning about the problems for diabetics in his book.

Today is a DD, and I'm hoping to IF again. But with so few calories, I might find that I 'need' something in the p.m. I'm just going to give it a try and see what happens.

Congratulations on the loss! I think 11 lbs in a month is absolutely amazing--since I struggled to lose 4 lbs a month and was happy with that.

Last edited by Leo41; 04-01-2011 at 05:42 AM..
Old 04-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #495
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
RFL: WOW!!!!! Congrats!! That is motivating for me! Love to see all these good results and it keeps me plodding along. I got the Miracle Noodles yesterday, but will wait until next week to fix them. I have always wanted to try the Joseph's maple syrup and it is so good!!! It does tend to give a bit of a gastrointestinal upset (malitol), but not enough to not eat it...PB2 and Joseph's Syrup---God is so good!!!
O.K., I am on a UD and have not tracked my last one, so maybe I ought to track today.
Everyone have a fantastic weekend!
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:09 AM   #496
Senior LCF member

Hi JUDDDers-

I just started our April thread--late!

I did all kinds of first-day-of-month things this morning, and for some reason, it still didn't register with me that we needed a new thread.

It's there now!