Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Hi Annie! .5 pounds in a day is great! Do not worry, you will get there-if not by your birthday, sometime soon!

Liz, I love Texas. A friend of mine was recently saying how much he hates the weather here, but I grew up here so I'm used to the ridiculous heat of summer. It's already nice and warm and muggy lol I use ********* (same thing as ****** basically) and it does help!
edens is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Morning Y'all!!

HAPPY JUDDD TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!! Wooot Wooot!!

(I miss Leo and SoHappy though!!)

It's gorgeous here! Just gorgeous!
Hubby and I are planning on working on the garden raised beds this week and I'm so excited! Time to get my stuff!

My body is playing "Ketchup" LOL! I lose like a whirlwind and then my body says "WAIT" and takes stock and re-arranges before going onward.

So, that's cool. I yam where I yam!

I had a good MD yesterday and today is a DD even though I am going out to church and extra-early to boot. I try not to do that in the evenings of a DD because that is when I am my hungriest, most fatigued and weakest. BUT, I am planning on bringing stuff with me and prayerfully, I will do OK.

How is everyone doing today?

Care to share your menus over in the other thread??
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Annie, I am laughing - I'll bet your BF just LOVED your pants falling off right in front of him.

I'm jealous of all you folks with warm weather. It's creeping up slowly here, but still pretty chilly and nights are cold. And it's so wet--I don't think we'll even be able to THINK about gardening for another month because it's so soggy.

DD for me today, and I had a good UD yesterday up until a snack attack late at night. Sigh, I can't seem to get that under control yet. I do much, much better when I prepare for it and have some gluc pudding in the fridge to grab and eat. Even so, up just a tad on the scale this a.m. after the UD/Snack attack, and I'm in a new decade that I haven't seen for a few years, woo hoo! I'm loving JUDDD.

RFL, stay strong tonight!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Good morning everyone,

RFL, I was just at a friends yesterday admiring her raised boxes and she said she'd get her hubby to build me one! Her's has the arches over it so she can cover it in the winter. I would love to have fresh veggies later into the year!

Today is a dd for me. I was up 1.5 pounds from yesterdays weight but yesterdays weight was still up 2 pounds from my lowest weight and I can still feel the puffiness in my fingers so I know I'm still hanging on to water. Forgot to drink my acv in water yesterday and in fact didn't drink much at all over the last 2 days so that probaly would take care of it. TOM only last about a day and a half this month..weird, but then everything is weird right now with my body.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #425
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
Well, Y'all, my first DD went pretty well (it's not over yet, but it's 5:15 p.m. and the night is not over yet---I can do this!!). Annie, congrats on the jeans loosening up! I am trying to decide if I should do a modified version of low carb tomorrow...I will think about it and say a little prayer for guidance! (That works for me!)
Eden, where are you at in TX? My family lives in Canton and out in Lubbock, as well as the DFW metroplex area. When we first moved out here a few years ago, we couldn't get over the mild summers. However, I can't take these cold winters! They are about 10-15 degrees colder than what I am used to. When I moved out here I had to buy an umbrella, scarves and gloves, as well as a heavier coat! I do like being able to wear turtlenecks and sweaters in the winter. Pollen is everywhere right now. My car is coated in a yellow dust. Yuck!
Wait! I hear rain on our metal roof! YES!!!!

I am looking forward to getting to know y'all better. Do you all ever look at your posts and think they just ping-pong from one thing to another?! Mine will always be like that---sorry, Girls!

Everyone have a great evening!
Blessings,
Liz

Last edited by Pugmama; 03-23-2011 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammykatt
Stats: 186/168.8/150
WOE: I dont even know anymore
Its weigh-in day for me! Last Wednesday I was 172.4 and today I'm 171.2! I did weigh myself yesterday and I was 170.6 but I didn't drink any water yesterday so I was up a little today, but thats okay! I'm still happy its going down!
Sammykatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

We live near San Antonio So, usually pretty warm! lol

Did good today on my DD, came in at 411 calories for the day, went to the gym, doin' good! Am SO looking forward to tomorrow's up day!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Hi girls, just thought I'd pop back in since the next 3 days are VERY busy. Heading to the zoo tomorrow with fellow homeschoolers, then we have our usual co-op classes on Friday, then Saturday we're having a carwash to raise money for our trip to Honduras in (hopefully) the fall, plus my daughter has dance in the afternoon. I may be awol until Sunday...heck, I may be DEAD by Sunday, lol!

Looking forward to tomorrows UD! Weight still seems to be creeping in the right direction so I am relieved about that. Learned something that I was suspecting but today confirmed...acv in water makes me HUNGRY! My sister said it does her the same way, so I will be avoiding it on my dd's from now on.

ok, ready for bed! Have a great weekend everyone!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #429
Junior LCF Member

Made it through the DD and now am on my UD. It really does give you something to look forward to, doesn't it?! Hope everyone has a great day!
Blessings,
Liz
Old 03-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugmama View Post
Made it through the DD and now am on my UD. It really does give you something to look forward to, doesn't it?! Hope everyone has a great day!
Blessings,
Liz
YAYAYYYY!

Great going Liz!!!
Yes, the DD's are interesting to say the least!

I look forward to my DDs though because they are so simple!

But, yes, after a great DD, I am happy for an UP day!

Have a good one!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
hello JUDDDers !

oh my... this DD was really tough !

I really struggled not to eat ! I guess it's mostly because I spent the afternoon at home... I ended up eating an apple at 4pm and it gave me the worst heartburn

I hope I see the 58 on the scale tomorrow morning !!! even a 58.9, that's fine with me !
The weekend might be carby & fat (Bday celebration coming up) I'd like to start it as low as possible

Have a good evening everyone !
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Happy Early Birthday, Annie! I won't be around much because of work so I thought I would say so now. I hope you get your birthday wish to see 58 on the scale! Sorry to hear about the heartburn! :/ That's no fun!

Today was an up day for me and I was really up. lol I kept everything low carb but I did eat a lot, probably around 1800 or so calories, but I think I needed it because I felt really weak this morning after yesterday's DD.

Tomorrow's DD I will be away from home most of the day and I don't have a microwave at work, so I'll probably have real food for breakfast and an Atkins bar for lunch, and I might see about taking some shiratake noodles to work. I do have an electric kettle so I can rinse my noodles and then heat up some water. Would it be weird to mix them with miso soup? I also bought some soup base (the concentrated liquid kind) from the website I got the noodles from, so I could always make a ramen type thing. lol Hooray for noodles!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

I don't get it !
I jumped 1kg (2,5lbs) up in a night, after a DD

I don't get it... And I really feel like crap now ! I guess that's the bad thing with daily weigh-in ... ahhhhh
I guess I won't see the 58 by monday

Anyway thank Eden for the greeting ! I think the shirataki will be great in the miso soup

Today's an UD, i'll try to keep it low...
Old 03-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #434
Junior LCF Member

Had a good UP day until last night and the bread monster reared its ugly head---YUCK!! Back on my dd today and I have it planned. I was throwing everything together last night around 10:00 'cuz the hubby and I watched Knight and Day (Tom Cruise movie). I feel like today will be a good day...prayer said, back in the saddle and here we go!
Happy Birthday to you, Annie!
Blessings,
Liz
Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Annie, maybe the soup you ate had a lot of sodium and it's just water weight? Do you drink plenty of water? I'm bad about daily weighing, too! Try not eating for a little while after being awake and then weigh yourself. :P
Old 03-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #436
Junior LCF Member

Do y'all ever get sleepy on a DD? I am so sleepy right now! I will be forced to go to the gym since I carpooled with hubby. I won't do much for sure!
I must quit weighing every day...it can be discouraging. It will come off--it has to! I really do like this plan so far. It is doable and real-life...what a sentence!
Old 03-26-2011, 04:10 AM   #437
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Those of you who are weighing daily with drive yourselves crazy on JUDDD if you 'react' to those numbers!

The daily fluctuations with JUDDD are greater than with other plans because of the cycling, and it's not 'real' weight. Keep in mind that your body takes at least 48 hours to digest whatever you've eaten and for that to show on a scale--at least, and it's often longer than that. Weighing each day tells you absolutely nothing in terms of what you're eating because you have no idea what that number represents.

It's far better to weigh less frequently and just focus on eating on plan daily. I've weighed only weekly for the entire time I've been on JUDDD, and even then I often don't show a drop for a couple of weeks--although my weekly average was consistent for the entire 2+ years.

My own scale number is up a pound from last week (153), but I'm not concerned as I think it is more likely a normal 'fluctuation' rather than a true gain. It may be because I was really unable to do DDs while on vacation, and my body may have 'reacted.' But I'm in my goal range, and now that I'll be home for a while, I want to find the calorie level in JUDDD for maintaining.

That's my 'experiment' for next week.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #438
Senior LCF Member

hey Leo, thanks for your advice ... although although although, I'm not sure it would be better for me to weigh once a week or less ...
I mean, it's just my opinion but let's say I decide to weigh myself once a week and that 'that' day is the day with the aweful fluctuation... then it would be even more depressing to have a higher number after one week of efforts during which I would have thought i lost a lot (this is so hypothetical my english is totally messy !!) I would end up weighing myself the following day to see and well... I'd end up weighing daily
The conclusion being : I should not over-react and just wait without polluting the thread with my crying !
Being just 1 kg away from my goal (and 48 hours from my deadline) I'm being impatient !!

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a grat weekend and Leo, I can't wait to know more about maintenance... (As I'll start it -hopefully- really soon !)

Here the crazy birthday weekend is starting, but as I only had 300 cal today (it's 5pm) even if i go out tonight it might end up being a MD ^^
Old 03-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Well~today was weigh-n day. If you'll recall, my last weigh-in was the penultimate week of Feb. For those non-musicians, that means 2nd to the last. I have a report, I'm gonna make it big, okay? So ready? Drumroll.......

5 lbs down in March for a total of 25 lbs gone away!!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #440
Senior LCF member

That's great, Blonde! Please know that I lost only 4 lbs monthly for almost my entire time on JUDDD, so I think 5 lbs is terrific. And I think it's great that you have the good sense and fortitude to weigh monthly!

Annie- My own experience is that within 7 days, the fluctuations even out, so that if you weigh on the same day of the week each week and at the same time, you'll get a good idea of loss. HOWEVER, also keep in mind that your body controls the number you see on the scale, which is not always an accurate assessment of your progress. Here's why:

When you're losing fat, you don't lose the fat cells themselves; they are just emptied of their fat. For reasons of its own, the body often fills those empty cells with water temporarily. That water weighs more than fat, so at times the scale will show no loss--or even a gain--when you've actually lost fat. Fortunately, the body must eventually dump that water, but you can't personally make it happen.

One example (this happened to me twice). My regular rate of loss on JUDDD was just a pound a week/4 lbs a month. One month, I showed NO LOSS at all for 3 consecutive weeks. I had changed nothing in my eating or exercising, and I began to worry about my thyroid levels (I'm hypothyroid and medicated). But the final week of the month, the scale dropped the entire 4 lbs for that month! I didn't lose 4 lbs in a week; the loss only showed on the scale that week. The same thing happened the following month, and then I returned to my weekly 1 lb loss.

This is one of the reasons that Dr. Atkins always warned that a 'stall' should be at least 6 weeks of no loss. Less time than that, it could simply be a quirk of the body that will resolve itself. Unfortunately, most people 'tinker' with their eating, etc. based on the number on the scale, and that almost always does more harm than good.

I know you're eager because you're so close to goal, but you can't just force things. Also, I'd suggest that you not think of a specific number as your 'goal weight.' I use a range (152-158 at this time) because at any hour of the day, I can actually be 5 lbs heavier due to water fluctuations. I've noticed that when I visit a doctor--where I can be a couple of lbs heavier or lighter than I was that morning. You'll got nuts if you try to always hit an exact number on the scale. Our bodies just don't work that way.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Leo ! thank you thank you ! I totally understand why RFL is so much in love with you !!! you are so right ! you are our JUDDD goddess !

My goal should be between 123 and 127, and I should be way more patient ... my body needs to get used to this new weigh ! plus, I know I am not drinking enough water... I must retain a lot !

I am back from the wine bar, I had 2 glasses and few slices of cheese, so I guess I can call this a Medium Day !! I only need to drink a lot of water before going to bed !
Anyway tomorrow I'll have my zumba class to burn everything !

Have a good night everyone and congrats Blonde ! that's an amazing loss !!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening lovely JUDDDers!!

I'm sorry I've not posted, but some things opened up unexpectedly and I have been running non-stop!

Some good days, some could be better, but I'm still here!
I'm 5 pounds above my lowest in my siggy, but I'm still trucking.

I hope to catch up with the posts tomorrow.

Have a great night!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back, Leo! Hope you had a great time on the cruise. I love cruising. We've never done a Disney cruise, though. Are they totally kid-centric or would adults without kids have a good time on one, too?

Last night I hosted a surprise party for my hubby for a special occasion. I pulled it off! Alas I also pulled off eating and drinking too much, too. To my delight I am up only 1# on the scale this a.m. where an indulgent night like that would've typically sent me soaring four or five pounds. I'm sure it will take a good while to shed the extra calories but I am loving what JUDDDing is doing for my metabolism.

I wish it would warm up. We are running 15 to 20 degress below normal consistently, and I'm sick of the cold. Fortunately, I have a trip to Cancun with my gal pals to look forward to in two weeks.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YES!! Welcome back Leo!!

Today is an UD and I'm enjoying it!

Yesterday was a good DD yipppeeeeeee!!

Hi everyone!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #445
Senior LCF member

Penguin- It's interesting that you asked how "kid-centric" the Disney cruises are because that was my own initial fear. When my niece was 10, she was begging to go on one (because her best friend did), but I was reluctant because I didn't think I'd like cruising, and certainly not with a mob of kids!

But a friend of mine told me that she and her husband had gone on one with another couple sans children (their children are grown), and had a great time. Since then, I've met a lot of 'childless' people on board. The attraction for families is that they have great "kids' clubs" on board, so the parents can enjoy themselves, too.

There are no casinos, but they have Bingo, and there are a lot of adult programs--as well as "adult only" sections of the ship. I like the adult-only pool area, and my sister enjoys the evening 'adult' entertainment in the lounges. The only annoyance from the kids are parents who allow their children to roam the ship and cause problems--like riding the elevators and not allowing them to stop, etc. Disney is pretty good and stopping these pests when they discover a problem, but it often goes on too long before it comes to their attention. Overall, we've had great experiences on these cruises (7 of them!).

However, I think Disney is too expensive. I continue to cruise with them because the cruises are 'gifts' for my niece (who is a total Disney cruise fanatic). For her high school graduation, we cruised the Baltic last summer for 2 weeks. But I could have done a similar cruise with Princess for less than half the cost!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Wow Leo, your last comment answered all my questions! I am a total cheapskate and always go for the deals (which is probably why we never did a Disney cruise up until now, come to think of it!) But it does sound like it could be fun, and you will always have those memories with your niece to treasure and those are priceless. Glad you had such a good time!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #447
Junior LCF Member

Hey Girls!
Leo: Thanks for the important info on the scales...just told my hubby that I am hiding the scales in his closet. He looked at me like I'm crazy! (He is naturally thin---eats whatever he wants and doesn't usually gain.) I actually feel I don't want to weigh everyday after reading what you wrote.
Blonde: Go, Girl!!! That is awesome!
This weekend was nice and relaxing...the youth did the services at church this morning and did a great job...a freshman in high school brought the message. Amazing to me!
A lazy afternoon it was...we are having a cool snap with lots of rain, so out came my beloved turtlenecks (hope to be giving that size away in the fall!).
I did get my book and have been reading what the good doctor has to say. I am so hoping it helps my asthma like the participants in the study in his book.
Loved hearing about the cruises...have never been on one myself. Our daughter is grown, so we are childfree.
Everyone have a peaceful evening and Annie, a peaceful morning or whatever it is your time in France!
Blessings,
Liz
Old 03-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Hey y'all! Been super busy this weekend with work. Friday was a DD for me, and I was doing great until I bought what I thought was a diet mt dew, and it was regular-which I found out after 3-4 big swigs. I'd just finished this huge wedding setup. I was still only at about 350 calories for the day after that, but when I got home I ended up eating some non low carb food as well. :/ Somehow I still was down about a pound. lol Like Leo said, it takes a couple of days for your body to catch up with what you eat... :/ Yesterday I did good all day restarting with a DD, but then last night I also caved, and ate non-low carb/higher cal for dinner out with my friends. Well, it caught up with me and I'm up to 230 today lol Back on track today, third attempted DD in a row. Haven't eaten anything except for a few small bites of chicken from the dinner I'm making for tonight's pot luck. I'm hella determined to keep today a proper DD!!!

Hope everyone's doing well!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening y'all (actually it's almost 1 AM on Monday)

I've been reading the posts, but not replying much.

I'm in a weird place. I've run into some problems and I'm up 5 pounds! Now, I know it's mostly water and ummmm, you know :blush:, but for some reason it's hanging onto me.

I'm not worried per se, because I tend to lose in spurts and then "rest" in weight loss. I don't usually gain tho. So, we'll see. My hunger has been out of control! YIKES!

I just don't want to get discouraged and lose my edge and motivation for JUDDD and get lax. The battle is waged in the mind.

Today was an UD, which I needed I'm hoping for a GREAT, easy DD tomorrow and get back to losing soon.

How is everyone tonight / this morning?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:39 AM   #450
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone ! 1pm on march 28th, I am officially one year older

Yesterday I had the most romantic diner with my boyfriend and tonigh it's party with friends in my favourite vietnamese restaurant !
We were supposed to have another lunch celebration with friends tomorrow but i'm glad it's cancelled : it means I can finally have a well deserved DD after 3 UD in a row !!!

I can already see my cravings for carbs are back... not good

Have a good monday everyone !