Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Just taking a second to wish everyone a good day! I am working today and it's an up day for me.

What's up with everyone today??
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2011, 04:24 AM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Just a quick fly -by to say hello to my fellow JUDDDers! I lost 3 pounds my first week and am very happy with this plan so far. I need to get ready to run to work, so I need to gather my lunch fixin's for the day. . .it's a DD for me today. Have a great On-Plan day, peeps!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:24 AM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Leisa,

I'm catching up on posts.
I'm SO sorry you are having these struggles!!
I hope and pray things go better for you!

BTW, I drink the acv in my water all through the day.
Thanks RFL! I made it through yesterday by a prayer..literally. I didn't realize you drink the acv all day. I'll try that. Funny thing was after drinking it twice yesterday I was more bloated last night than usual, but the night before I had eaten some salty chips I'll put some in a water bottle to carry with me to co-op today and maybe I'll get some relief by tomorrow. I know I'm a walking sponge because typically on my dd's I go to the bathroom A LOT and for the past week to two weeks I haven't gone much at all. I fear a flood warning is in order when it does happen. Weird how I was just sailing along, losing weight and then suddenly my dd's become almost unbearable and the water weight clings to me. Today I am actually up another pound to 144. I will hang in there though...I need to go back and read the boards about others who went through these periods of no loss. I'm quite sure hormones are the culprit too so it makes it some easier. At least I know it's not the eating because I haven't changed anything at all.

Well, I am thankful for you all. You are definitely part of my success in hanging in these past two weeks. Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:06 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Just taking a second to wish everyone a good day! I am working today and it's an up day for me.

What's up with everyone today??
Morning Jodi!
WOW, you are up early at o'dark-thirty!!

YAY for UP days! I hope yours is awesome!!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Just a quick fly -by to say hello to my fellow JUDDDers! I lost 3 pounds my first week and am very happy with this plan so far. I need to get ready to run to work, so I need to gather my lunch fixin's for the day. . .it's a DD for me today. Have a great On-Plan day, peeps!
Hi Andrea!!
That is great!! 3 pounds down in one week!!!!
You do DDs at work? How do you find doing that?
Have a great DD!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Leisa,

Bless your heart!!!!

WOW, that does not sound good.

May I make a couple of suggestions? Have you seen your doctor lately about hormones?

Also, you might (just might) consider asking for a diuretic for a short time if you keep gaining fluid.

acv alone is not a powerful diuretic, but a gentle one and combined with low salt intake and increased water intake most people see/feel a benefit.

I am praying for you Leisa!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Leo: Maintenance thoughts?

Hi Leo! I hope you're having a good day and getting ready for your cruise!

I was thinking this morning about maintenance. Yes, I have 50 pounds to go and that seems like a LIFETIME away, but looking over my calendars (thank you for the instruction on how to record my weight!), I may be getting to maintenance before the end of this year! WOW! I never thought in a million years I'd be here in the 160s, let alone thinking about FINALLY reaching goal and I need to have my ducks in a row so "goal" does not signal a change in eating and thus weight re-gain.

Sooooo, I know you are learning so much about what you can and cannot handle for maint. What suggestions do you have for me NOW, that I can put into place to stay on JUDDD for the rest of my life, to get to goal, and to stay in that range?

Here's what I shoot for now (although I don't ALWAYS hit the mark!!)
3 DDs a week - calories 350-450 carbs less than 20
3 UDs a week - calories under 1400-1500, and carbs under 30-40
1 MD a week - calories around 1000, carbs under 30

I can see myself doing this plan (JUDDD) for the rest of my life, but I guess I'll need to tweak the numbers?

Are there things I should be working on to facilitate maintenance and so it is a seamless transition from weight loss to maintaining without the "free-for-all-at-goal" mindset and weight re-gain?

Thank you so much for any feedback you can offer!!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #368
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Andrea- Congratulations on the weight loss!

Leisa- I second RealFood's suggestion of asking your doctor about a mild diuretic. I have one that I keep for 'emergencies' like yours, and it's very helpful. And the hormonal stuff may go on for some time--it has with me!

I once mentioned to my doctor that I sometimes hesitated to take it because I wasn't 'really' bloated, and I was worried about losing too much water. He explained that it wouldn't work except on excess water. It only eliminates excess and leaves you OK in terms of general hydration.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #369
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Just wanted to pop in to wave goodbye to you all. Today I'm flying to Colorado to visit daughters and families and my sister and hopefully a daughter-in-law. Going to be a packed and fun-filled 12 days.

I got all of my 'outside' work done for the builder I work with. Knowing I was going to be gone for awhile, of course we had some things that needed to be attended to before I was gone, so I've been getting all that attended to these last few days.

I don't have to leave for the airport for a few more hours, so am frantically getting all the last minute stuff done around the house. DH is holding down the fort while I'm gone, but I try to have everything in order to make it easier for him. Cat will keep him company. LOL

Hope you all continue doing well on JUDDD. I'll do a very relaxed JUDDD while there with the goal of remaining within my maintenance range. I'm not cutting my calories sharply lately, but am maintaining pretty easily, so far in the lower range, so don't want to rock that boat too much with this visit.

I plan to weigh on my daughter's scale first thing in the morning, and then use that to keep track of my weight while I'm out there. I don't know if her scale agrees with mine at all, but I don't care what her scale says the weight IS as much as that the scale tells me I'm not going hog wild and gaining.. fast!

Hopefully I can check in occasionally from out there. She uses her laptop for work a lot, so I don't know how much access I'll have to it. See you later, My JUDDD friends!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
SoHappy, have a wonderful time! We'll miss you!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Have fun SoHappy!!!!

Hey Blonde, I got a sharp note from the mods. LOL Because I quoted your post with that other website in it. LMAO

I'm doing good, super busy with work, just stopped in to say I'm down to 229.6!!!!!!!!!!!! That's 1.8 lost yesterday. Does anyone else lose after their up days? The two previous days I was down .2 both days. :/
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

SoHappy: I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing visit!

RFL: I love having my DD's at work. I pack exactly what I'm planning to eat and that's all I have available at work. It makes things so easy. When I plan out my day, I already have in mind what I am going to eat for both of my mini-dinners, so when I get home from school (I'm a teacher, so work and school are the same for me, lol) I'm not tempted to stand in front of the fridge trying to figure out what I can eat. I actually like my DDs more than my UDs. . .I think because I *have* to plan them out so well, that I don't expend much energy thinking about food on DDs. I am still trying to figure out how to do well on my UDs. I feel like there's too much freedom, and I'm afraid of messing it up, so I spend a lot of my UDs thinking about food.

Yesterday was an UD for me, and work was doing a March Madness potluck, so I was easily able to participate. I prolly ate some things I *shouldn't* have, but I'm very much not sweating it. I did not weigh myself this morning, but will tomorrow after my DD.

This morning at work we're having a wellness day (teachers only, students are off). I took a weight training class where we learned about all the different machines available in our school's fitness center. At the end we had about 45 minutes to workout, so I did a half hour on the treadmill. It felt good, as I never work out. Ever. I'm concerned because I know we *shouldn't* work out on DDs. But, I still felt fine after my little workout, and wasn't dying by lunchtime. I guess I'll need to get through the rest of the day today before I can really evaluate whether or not my workout was a detriment.

Anyway, lunch is over and I've had 210 calories for the day so far. I'll try to check in later. Have a fab day!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
Well today is an up day and I have pretty much eaten my calories allotted for today this morning and it isn't even 11am yet. Yikes. I hate waking up too early.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Working my "IN CONTROL" UD today. Had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and they don't have their nutritional information on the website! I emailed them asking for it. Makes things much easier when I have access to my needed information.

Mom - I sooo know days like that. All too often, I'm afraid.

Mommie - Congrats on the three pounds! That's awesome!! I do just what you do on my DDs at work. Take just what i need and not a morsel more and then know exactly what I am going to eat that night. I tend to like my DDs better too. There's so much structure.

SoHappy - I know you are on your way but have a wonderful time!!!

Leisa - I'm not sure how old you are but I've found that it's harder to get water weight off the older I get. I'm 47. I used to be able to push the water for a day or so and would pee it all out within two days. Not anymore. I hold on to it for a good five days. But with being bloated for that long, I agree with the others - maybe a mild diuretic is needed. Hope it gets better soon!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #375
Senior LCF member

RealFood-
I don't know what to advise about maintenance because I'm not very successful with it so far! I haven't gained, but I'm not eating at a regular level as I was doing in weight loss. When my UDs are too high, I pull back to low DDs. When I get back from my cruise, I plan to get serious about "maintenance JUDDD." That means that I find a good DD/UD combination--and stay with it. Dr. J says that for maintenance, we raise the DD calories just until we're no longer losing.

I hope to be able to do 600/1400, but if that's too high, I would prefer to do 600/1200 because I find that I can be satisfied on 1200 cal., and the higher DDs would be a real 'treat.'

The reason I've found this difficult is that I wasn't prepared for the 'mental' shift. Yes, I knew I had to keep calories low, and I wasn't expecting to eat a lot more, but somehow I began considering 'indulgences' that I would never eat before, as though now I was 'entitled." It's taken me a while to get rid of that thinking because it was really insidious.

You also might want to raise carbs. I have a friend who lost 50 lbs on Atkins, but she's not really carb sensitive, so when she was 10 lbs from her goal weight, she deliberately went 'up the ladder' to see what carbs she could tolerate. She also has a practice of eating 20g of carbs during the week and raising her carb level only on weekends, and that's been working for her.

We each have to find a maintenance WOE that 'works' for us. I've already discovered that my CCL is still about 20g most of the time, but everyone should try to find his/her own level.

Since JUDDD maintenance is a matter of raising calories, you obviously don't want to do that in advance, but when you're within 20 lbs, you might want to start reading the "Maintain Lane" here (if you haven't already) to sort of start thinking about yourself as a maintainer.

Also by that time, I might have my "maintenance lessons learned" ready for publicaton
Old 03-19-2011, 02:58 AM   #376
Senior LCF member

Like SoHappy, I'm off today for my short cruise so that niece (Disney fanatic) can see the new ship. She's excited because this is the first time she's cruising since becoming 18, so she can dine in the 'upscale restaurant' on board that she's been dying to visit since she was 10.

I won't be online again until the 25th and I wish you all well.

Weekly Weigh In- I was 152 this morning after a good DD yesterday, and although my goal when traveling is NOT to gain, it's nice to go away at the low end of my range. Keep in mind that JUDDD works! Although I won't do real DDs on my cruise, I try to calorie cycle as much as possible.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:38 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens View Post
Have fun SoHappy!!!!

Hey Blonde, I got a sharp note from the mods. LOL Because I quoted your post with that other website in it. LMAO

I'm doing good, super busy with work, just stopped in to say I'm down to 229.6!!!!!!!!!!!! That's 1.8 lost yesterday. Does anyone else lose after their up days? The two previous days I was down .2 both days. :/
Slapped! Me too.

Congrats on the weight loss! Did you get your glu?
Old 03-19-2011, 04:48 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today is a DD for me and I need it. Starting my day with 160z of H20.

Safe trip to the travelers, Leo and SoHappy!!

Laura, glad you're back! You can do this!

Edens, they're gonna make us sit in the front row....

RFL~ I love that you are contemplating maintenance. That will be the key to lasting weight loss for us all in the end! How is your Princess?

momof3heathens~ Been there!! That's why I'm drinking water first this morning.

Mommie22boys~sounds like you had a good enlightening day!
Old 03-19-2011, 06:40 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Today I am going to do a MD because I wanted to reserve my DD for tomorrow. My daughter goes back to school, my son is working and things will be QUIET! My plan is to clean house and pull weeds. My life is sooo glamorous! Also, I am seeing my lap band doctor on Monday and since I haven't lost much since seeing him last I want to give myself a fighting chance! LOL!

Leo - have a great cruise!!!

Blonde - are you getting in trouble? Bad girl!! I've been following all your glu experiments and plan on trying some tomorrow. I totally forgot I have a bag of the powder in my pantry! Totally excited to try it out. What's your favorite? Have a great DD!

Laura
Old 03-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Bonjour everyone ^^

wow I missed a lot on this thread again !
I worked for national TV again, and had a good DD ! As Mommie said, it's quite convenient to have a DD at work, there's no temptation !! I am back to the weight I was at before my parents arrived I have 10 days left to fill my objective (58 -actually 57,9 by march 28th), i still have 2 or 3 lbs to drop... I should make it if I don't go crazy this weekend
I'm being silly but JUDDD is so easy that I am tempted to try to get lower than my first objective of 58kg (127lbs)... I feel so great, slim & sexy !!... But yeah, I know, I'd better focus on maintenance

tonight I go to a fund raising a friend organized for japan, pot luck style... let's hope it's not "too" carby

Leo & SoHappy : enjoy your vacations !!

And everyone, have a great weekend
Old 03-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Afternoon, Friends!

My DD yesterday ended up being just 335 calories, so I was happy with that. I saw some downward movement in the scale this morning, so that's good too. It wasn't where I had initially set my goal to be by today (it's the big four-oh for me today), but this morning's number is lower than I've seen in months, so I'm still happy enough about that. It seems like JUDDD is really working for me. . .it's just *clicking* if you KWIM.

At the start of the year I started back to lowcarb (real lc, where I actually watch what I eat, not just go through the motions of lc). I had lost about 6 pounds, and then kept gaining and losing in the same 3-pound range for weeks, between 191 and 193 or 194. Since starting JUDDD last Tuesday, I've seen a slow but steady drop in the scale. Each successive weigh-in (the morning after my DDs), the scale creeps ever-downward.

I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this plan, and all of you wonderful folks! I wish I had known about JUDDD sooner! You all are such a help. . .I check in with this board throughout the day,and even though I don't post all the time, I'm inspired and bouyed by what I read here. Thank you!!

So today is a planned UD for me, and since I don't know what we may be doing later for dinner, I wanted to have the freedom of an UD available. Besides, who wants to eat 500 calories on their birthday. . .that would stink.

Enjoy your UD if you're on one. . .and if you're on a DD, you can do it!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Happy birthday, Andrea! I sure wish I had found this plan when I was a young whippersnapper of only four-oh!

Treat yourself well today. If you want to celebrate make yourself a low-cal cake--Leo's quick egg/cocoa concoction is on the recipe thread, and to take it a step further, check out Ouizoid's super lowcal-carb muffin on the recipe thread, which is similar but a bit more elaborate. Both make yummy chocolate cake-like goodies.

So far for me today could be an UD or MD - depends on what DH decides he wants to do later tonight. If he wants to go out, it'll be a UD. I've only had a protein shake and some cappacola (great combo huh?) so about 250 cals, and have a lot to "spend" yet either way.

Hope all our travelers have safe, fun trips, and all the rest of us have a great almost-Spring day!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Ladies!! Happy Saturday!

Laura~ I like the glu powder best as a thickener. Pudding or gravies are both yum. Funny, the busier I am am, the easier my DD. When I'm by myself...I can get into trouble.

Annie~ Yay, you're back on track weight-wise! Congrats on the new job.

Penguin~ I hope you get to go out! Sounds like fun.

Mommie22boys~ Oh! You know, I wish I had found JUDDD sooner too, (55 double nickel this year) but I think that I found it at just the right time, when I was ready to do it.

I'm at 30 calories for the day so far, used it for my coffee. It looks like rain any minute outside so not much gardenig today. Perhaps more experimentation with the glucomannan powder.....

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 03-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Happy birthday, Andrea! I sure wish I had found this plan when I was a young whippersnapper of only four-oh!
LOL! Thanks, Penguin! Yes, since DH knows better than to bring anything remotely resembling b-day cake into the house, I will likely make myself a suitable substitute for later. Thanks!! Enjoy your day!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, BWAR! Too bad you can't do the gardening you had hoped to today. Personally, I have no green to my thumb whatsoever. Wish I did, as plants and flowers are so cheery and beautiful. I just made my first glu recipe last night. . .it turned out *ok*. Even though I'm on an UD today, I may even fool around with it to see what else I can make to work into the rotation for my DDs.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Mommie - Happy, happy birthday! Enjoy your day! I really am glad it is clicking for you. I've done JUDDD off and on over the last couple of years and always seem to find my way back. It works for me but I'm a short attention span kind of girl and always chasing rainbows!

Blonde - YES! More glu experiments! I'll pull a weed or two for you since you won't be getting out today.

Just had two slices of Julian bread with sunbutter and jok n al strawberry spread. Stuffed! I know there's a lot of controversy about this bread but that's my son's name and it just seems logical to eat it, right? ROFL!!

Laura
Old 03-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Well, it's been decided. We're headed out to Red Robin for my birthday. I've just been online looking at their menu. . .they have a very cool nutritional info page where you can customize what you're going to eat (like if you're not going to eat the bun or the croutons, you can take that off and they'll recalculate). Very cool. So, at least I know what I'm getting into before I get there. Have a great night, JUDDDies!
Old 03-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening everyone!! Waving HELLO to all you wonderful JUDDDers!

WOWZA, it's been active in here! YAY!!!!!! Love to see the posts, even when I have to play catch-up!

Leo: Have a GREAT cruise!! How awesome!!

SoHappy: We'll miss you! Have a good time! Hope you can log on from there.

Andrea:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUNG'UN!! So young!! I was that young....once.... So, your birthday celebration sounds wonderful!!

Blonde:
How is your day going? Thanks for asking about The Princess. She is FINALLY on some potent medication. As much as I hate antibiotics and steroids, sometimes they are simply needed. And she needs them. She's been SO sick and I desperately want her to get better. Oh sorry.:blush: LOL! Anyway, thanks for asking.

Today was a weird day, good and well...just weird! I hit my lowest weight today, wahhooo. And then I went to service and did not bring anything to eat because we were having our fellowship meal. BIG mistake. I don't usually go on Saturdays, but it was a special event and the meal is AFTER the service, instead of before the service on Fridays.

Sooooo, I ate my planned LC meal before we left, buuuuuuuut, the service dragged on and on and on.... (as I said it was a special event) and by the time we finally were able to eat, I was past the point of being sane.

I did not overeat at the buffet, I ate the only thing there that would work for me, Greek Salad, but that seemed to only make my hunger worse.

So, went I got home, I decided to take a walk on the wild side.

Yeah so, it is what it is. Today was an UP, but I went Up UP and AWAY!! I'm not upset, it did not take me over, but I did choose to eat outside of my norm and I'm feeling pretty bloated.

Well, tomorrow is a DD and I will be at home. Where it's SAFE! LOL!

How did y'all do today?

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 03-19-2011 at 04:51 PM..
Old 03-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

RFL: Thanks for the birthday wishes!

As for how I did today. . .it was an UD for me, which have been surprisingly hard for me to do thus far. I kinda give myself free reign which is not good. I am keeping it mostly LC, but for calories, I couldn't tell you what I had today. :blush: I do know that I ate about 1000 at my b-day dinner outing at Red Robin. That leaves me with about 600 for the rest of the day, but I'm sure I had more than that earlier. I'm banking on the fact that I worked out AND ate only 335 calories yesterday to help cut the *cost* of whatever I ate today. I won't weigh in again until Tuesday, though. I'm finding that weighing in only after a DD is most sane for me. Tomorrow I'm planning a MD so that I can have 3 DDs (M-W-F) at work this week since they're easy to do there. Maybe I should aim for the low range of MD calories to help offset today's UD as well.

Have a great night. . .see you all tomorrow!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening Y'all!

Andrea: It's your birthday, you're OK!
I find I weigh better after a DD as well :-) Weighing after an UP kinda is useless! for me! But I do it anyway, cuz I'm a daily weigher.

After my walk in the wild side this afternoon, I made sure I did not make it an lost day in total. So, I only ate a LC low cal bedtime snack and lots of water. AND I'll do a strict DD tomorrow. I'm planning on a 4-egg menu. YUMMMY!

Have a great night everyone, see y'all tomorrow!