Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #301
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Leisa- I know you struggle to get to a lower weight, but are you sure it's right for you. The reason I ask is because I'm 5'4", and when I was 14, I went on a diet and got down to 125--against my doctor's advice. He had told me that I was 'perfect' at 135, but I had decided that 125 was my 'ideal' weight.

At 135 (when the doctor saw me), I looked and felt great. At 125, I looked awful (gaunt and with a yellowish complexion), and my period stopped completely. I felt as bad as I looked.

And I was young then. You've matured and had children, so even if that was your weight earlier in life, perhaps it should be higher now?

That said, a good friend of mine who is my height and 48 thought that she'd maintain at 140--where she looked good. But she began to think that her body wanted to go lower, and although she took almost 6 months, she maintains now at 120, where she looks and feels terrific. So this is an individual thing and depends on much more than just height.

You know yourself, and your ideal weight may be that low but keep in mind that you will not be able to eat much more to maintain any weight you get to. For example, since I was losing only a pound a week, I can hardly add more than a couple of hundred calories during the entire week to maintain my current weight.

Mom- You are the only other person I've heard of who gets those charley horses from sugar!!! They are awful, and I try to keep the memory alive for myself in case I'm tempted to indulge. I've wondered whether it's caused by a sudden surge of glycogen into the muscles from the carbs? But it's only happened to me with sugar--and it's so very, very painful!

Annie- My own mother had a weight problem, but that didn't prevent her from being unkind to me about my weight. There's nothing you can do, I guess, but I wanted you to know that you're not the only one who has had that experience. Just congratulate yourself on your weight loss and remember that you're doing this for yourself--to be healthier and happier.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/145/145 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
ladies...I'm still doing JUDD my own way...with a higher DD though b/c of headaches i was getting...and i'm doing great another .6 oz gone after a week...every week it's been a lost might not be much but as long as it's not a gain..

Annie...i know exactly what you mean....our mothers know how to complain about our weight BUT when there's a lost not a word is said ...and it does get frustrating...but in the end...if you feel good about yourself that's all that matters...You're doing great...just keep it up...

Leo...have a nice cruise...it's nice at time to have a change....

Keep up the good work ladies...you're all doing wonderfully....

~~~GAETS~~~
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
When I first started JUDDD'ing, I did this and it was so frustrating. Going to bed early on dd's when possible definitely helps avoid this but also reminding yourself that in the morning you can eat is what usually gets me over the edge. However, there are those days... I totally understand. After a couple of months of JUDDD (this time around) I'm finding myself so much more in control of my UD's which is very freeing.

RFL I'm so glad you are finding out what the problem is and that's kind of exciting about your meds needing to be lowered because of your awesome weight loss! That's a great problem to have!

Spent the weekend at my sisters house. She's doing JUDDD also so we had dd's together and a fun UD on Saturday. It worked out great.

Sadly, I don't feel like I've lost anything this week. However, from all of your great sharing of experiences....Leo comes to mind especially , I know that if I stick to my plan I'll begin losing again. I am down to the last 10-15 pounds so I know that's going to cause things to slow. I also think I need to control my ud's better so will begin doing that tomorrow.

Have a good week everyone! I wish you all much success with your plans!
Hi Leisa! I just wanted to add that the longer I JUDDD, the easier it is for me as well. Don't get me wrong, I have some white knuckle DD's, but I have accepted that and like you, I promise myself a delicious breakfast the next morning, and as most of you know, morning comes and the uncontrollable hunger has subsided. Lucky you, having your sister do this with you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieS View Post
hello there... hope everything's alright !
I'm still enjoying my parent's visit, but there's something i'd like to share with you...

my dear mother, the one who tells me on a regular basis "you're so fat ! how come you're so chubby ? when I was your age ... " blahblahblah...
Well, my dear mother hasn't said a word about my weight loss... I droped 5kg (11lbs) since last time we met, and nothing, not a word... grrrrrrrrr
She asks what i'm eating all the time (so she knows i'm on a diet), my pants look so baggy it's ridiculous but still, not a single word.. it's driving me crazy...

anyway... today for lunch it's restaurant again, so i might get all those kg back anyway
Annie congratulations on your weight loss! Mom's are so annoying. I havent had my mom with me in twenty years but she used to tell me I didn't need to diet, when clearly I did! Go figure, huh?

RFL~ I'm so sorry your pain is back! I know when I over-do it out in the yard, you know, work until I'm exhausted...the next day I feel like I must have something terribly wrong with me. I hurt everywhere, non-specific pain. I hope you get some answers today!

Leo~ I would love to weigh 125 which is "ideal" for my height but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to sustain that for long. I've settled on 140 for now. Heaven knows if I can get there, I can probably do anything I want. A question for you....Are you still staying under 500 on you DD's? I was wondering if the DD's needed to remain under 500 in order to reap the full benefits of an "alternate, reduced calorie" lifestyle?

Just a quick note about me. I'm still waiting to weigh-in at the end of the month. The yo-yo aspect of this WOE gets to me. I am doing well, having really good DD's and my UD's are under control now. I tried doing NON-low carb but my UD's were getting away from me (binge) and my DD's were getting more difficult than when I first started out low-carb. Glad I have that managed!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-14-2011 at 07:58 AM..
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #304
Senior LCF member

Gaets-
I think you were wise to raise the DDs if you weren't feeling well. Any type of calorie cycling is supposed to be helpful, and this seems to be working for you. I agree that any week without a gain is a total success

Blonde- From reading the book, I assume that you can go over 500 cal DDs when maintaining. In fact, Dr. Johnson, who is a big man, reported that after he'd lost his weight (I'm recalling about 30 lbs), he maintains on something like 1000 cal DDs.

I was hoping to raise my DDs to about 600, but so far I haven't done that consistently because as I did that, my UDs began to get too high, and I've had to rein them in. In order not to gain, I kept my DDs at about 4-500.
I've decided to wait until I return from my cruise to give this another try--i.e., see if I can maintain at 600/1400.

I'm not surprised that you had to stay low carb. I don't think I could do this at all if I weren't low carb all the time. Fortunately, I really like eating low carb!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
Yes those are the absolute worse cramps. I can get them in my ankles, toes, calves right up into the back of my knees. My toes will literally crawl on top of each other. When I wake up my veins are all popped out. I get them when I am sleeping and sometimes when I sit or stand in one position too long.(Try having one while standing in line to pay for groceries, ouch) It only happens when I low carb without supplementing with magnesium and calcium or when I eat too many carbs especially in the form of sugar or fruit carbs.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
It sounds like everyone has been doing so well since I was away for a couple of days. Yay!! Let's keep up the good work!

I had what turned to be a UD on Friday, followed by a very UD on Saturday :blush:, and then a high MD (if that's possible) yesterday. Not sure what that did to the scale, as I didn't weigh this morning. So today was a DD and I am sitting at 293 calories for the day and I am done eating. I am really digging the strictness of the DDs, which is pretty surprising to me. . .I'm such an instant gratification type of eater. So to be able to say, well, I can just have *fill-in-the-blank* tomorrow just amazes me. I think I also like how limited my choices are on DDs. There's only so much you can eat reasonably for a whole day for 500 calories. The UDs are still more of a challenge, since I want to be good and not wreck all the hard word I did on my DD the day before. On the other hand, I don't want to get burned out trying to overthink all of my UDs either. *sigh* I'll find the balance at some point.

@ RFL: So sorry to hear your pain has returned. Praying for some relief for you!

@ LBishop:
How lucky for you to have someone IRL to do JUDDD with! I would love to have a DD buddy. The closest I have is a friend at work who is doing WW Points Plus. We talk about our own plans as they relate to our own weight loss, but that's it. I have explained that I'm cycling my calories between low and higher days, but haven't actually admitted out loud to my 500 calorie limit.

@ mommy: I have been getting a headache on my DDs too. I just figured that I would just have to take a couple of advil and deal. Mine aren't so bad, though. . .just an annoyance at this point. I'm glad you're finding a way to make it work for you!

@ annie: It would make me crazy, too, if there was someone who was always critical about my weight and then failed to say anything positive once it became clear I was losing weight. She's bound to say something at some point, though. . .she can't ignore your good work forever.

@ Blonde: I admire your resolve to wait to weigh-in. I just don't think I could do it. I HAVE to know how I'm doing pretty regularly, or I tend to think, "Oh everything's fine", and then start eating things I shouldn't (in quantities I shouldn't, to boot!)

@ Leo: I'm trying to stay fairly low carb, but I find I'm allowing myself more carbs on DDs. I think, at least for me at this point, that I need my DDs to be pleasant and have something to look forward to (like my split bread as a sammie or with some SF jam) so that I'm mentally *ok* with eating so little. I am being more strict with my carbs on UDs because I don't want to undo my good DDs by introducing too many carbs along with my increased fats and calories on UDs. Of course, I've been doing this for 1 week, so I don't really know what I'm doing yet.

Have a great night (or morning, my French friends!)!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:57 AM   #307
Senior LCF member

Andrea- When I get those charley horses (and so far, only from sugar), it's always when in bed (either trying to sleep or already asleep) and my feet and upper thighs are affected. The spasms in the large muscles in the thighs are especially painful. I'm writing this to you to try to imprint it on my brain, so that I'll remember it next time I'm tempted by something sweet!

You're wise to pick foods you 'enjoy' on DDs. I think that's one secret to being satisfied on DDs. Once I feel deprived, I get mentally hungry. Fortunately, I love my low carb tuna and/or egg whites, so it's not a problem for me to stay low carb. My body seems to love low carb--it's my 'head' that wants carbs
Old 03-15-2011, 02:39 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Good morning Judders

Upday for me today and I have a plan. That's half the battle. Now I just need to follow it!!

Have a great day everyone
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:58 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Morning everyone! Yesterday was a DD for me and I ended up going to bed really early (like 6pm) not to avoid eating, but because my DH had angered me and I just didn't want to be around him. lol So, in the end, I only had 180 calories for the day. Is there such thing as too little calories on a DD?
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:11 AM   #310
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edens View Post
Morning everyone! Yesterday was a DD for me and I ended up going to bed really early (like 6pm) not to avoid eating, but because my DH had angered me and I just didn't want to be around him. lol So, in the end, I only had 180 calories for the day. Is there such thing as too little calories on a DD?
Sorry your DH was a bad grump yesterday, but the 180-calorie consumption won't hurt anything. This is a form of fasting, so eating nothing on Down Days is OK too, except Dr. Johnson says almost nobody can actually willingly do that, and it turned out not to be necessary to receive all the health benefits of this anyway.

I'll bet you enjoy your Up Day today though!

Just make sure that your Up Days are really nutritious, since there isn't as much food consumption overall in this way of eating as in some. Well, nutritious DDs too, of course, but they are so scant..

Enjoy your Up Day.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:11 AM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING JUDDDers!!

May I interrupt your regularly-scheduled discussion to share my news??? PWEEZE?

OK! Guess what??????? (no, I'm not preggers! )

As of today, I am:

167.0 pounds!!!!
That is
51 pounds down
in a NEW decade
AND in Virgin Weight Territory!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to fall over from all the excitement!!!

AND to celebrate, I am going to do something very pampering for myself today!! I'll share about it later.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled show!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:17 AM   #312
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Good Morning, Everyone.

Really busy this week as I get ready to go visit both daughters in Colorado for almost two weeks. (And son-in-law and a 'significant other' and my granddaughter!) DH is staying here keeping the home fires burning, house-sitting and kitty-sitting. I'm stocking up all supplies and easy foods for him, so the old guy will manage.

Off and running. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:48 AM   #313
Senior LCF member

RealFood-
I'm so happy for you to see VFT! I know you've posted about worrying about a set point. Isn't it great to pass it? Here's wishing you clear sailing to goal!

SoHappy- I'm really busy this week, too, because I'm not only preparing to leave for the cruise (what to take? what to leave?), but my cat is SO very human bonded that I have a sitter who actually sleeps in my house. So in addition to getting myself ready, I have to get the house ready for guests (my sitter is a neighborhood teen, so her mother sleeps over with her).

My ambition in life is that my house would always be 'guest ready,' but I never seem to get there
Old 03-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

RFL, :CLAP: Way to go!!! That's fantastic!!! Can't wait to hear about your treat!

Leo, lol I don't think my house will ever be in a constant state of guest ready either! But it's great you have people who can stay with your cat!

SoHappy, have fun in Colorado! lol Hope your DH hangs in there!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/145/145 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
RFL.... Way to go girl...you do have something to celebrate no doubt....good for you...

DD for me today...my food is all planned out for the day...

Last edited by mommy_gates; 03-15-2011 at 08:09 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Leisa- I know you struggle to get to a lower weight, but are you sure it's right for you. The reason I ask is because I'm 5'4", and when I was 14, I went on a diet and got down to 125--against my doctor's advice. He had told me that I was 'perfect' at 135, but I had decided that 125 was my 'ideal' weight.

At 135 (when the doctor saw me), I looked and felt great. At 125, I looked awful (gaunt and with a yellowish complexion), and my period stopped completely. I felt as bad as I looked.

And I was young then. You've matured and had children, so even if that was your weight earlier in life, perhaps it should be higher now?

That said, a good friend of mine who is my height and 48 thought that she'd maintain at 140--where she looked good. But she began to think that her body wanted to go lower, and although she took almost 6 months, she maintains now at 120, where she looks and feels terrific. So this is an individual thing and depends on much more than just height.

You know yourself, and your ideal weight may be that low but keep in mind that you will not be able to eat much more to maintain any weight you get to. For example, since I was losing only a pound a week, I can hardly add more than a couple of hundred calories during the entire week to maintain my current weight.

Leo, the first time I did JUDDD, I got down to 126 and felt great. Unfortunately, I had never had to think about maintenance and didn't think about it well enough before I got there and I let things slide back up. I'm not unhappy with my weight necessarily as it is but I do still have some fat around my middle that I'd love gone. It shows if I wear a clingy top and forget to hold my stomach in really tight (and who can remember to do THAT all the time?) So, I don't want to go too low but would love to hit 130 again. I'd be fine with a weight of 130-135, which means another 5 to 10 pounds max for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING JUDDDers!!

May I interrupt your regularly-scheduled discussion to share my news??? PWEEZE?

OK! Guess what??????? (no, I'm not preggers! )

As of today, I am:

167.0 pounds!!!!
That is
51 pounds down
in a NEW decade
AND in Virgin Weight Territory!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to fall over from all the excitement!!!

AND to celebrate, I am going to do something very pampering for myself today!! I'll share about it later.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled show!
Woohoo! RFL! that is fan-tab-ulous! way to go! Can't wait to hear how you've pampered yourself on this rainy day!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I didn't weigh in yesterday but I did weigh, lol.....I showed a net gain of 1 pound since last week. I'm still very bloated and waking up with sausage fingers, so still/again, I know that when this water weight leaves, I will show a loss. (RFL..didn't get the acv...spent the money on silver nitrate instead) Today is a dd and is a hard one for sure. The hardest dd I've had in 3 weeks. I usually wait till late in the evening to eat and then usually just eat an atkins bar and that's it, but I've already had to have a bar (160 cal) this morning to keep from making it an ud and blowing the whole day off. It's 2pm and now I think I can make it but it's been hard. My girls and I are working on cleaning out closets so I should be able to stay busy. I also watch Biggest Loser on Tuesday evenings and then go straight to bed. I'll make it and will enjoy breakfast tomorrow!

Have a good day everyone!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
RFL - How exciting! I can't wait to hear what you've done for your pampering day. You deserve it!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
RFL - How exciting! I can't wait to hear what you've done for your pampering day. You deserve it!
Yes, Real Life!!! DOOO Tell!! Congrats on pampering yourself. We tend to forget to do these things!

Good Day to All!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #320
Senior LCF member

Leisa- My advice is to start thinking about and planning for maintenance NOW. I was fortunate to have a friend who was just about 6 months into maintenance, and she warned me. It's no walk in the park!

If you think of 'weight management' as the general category, then 'weight-loss mode' and 'maintenance' are two separate aspects of that category. I've found that maintenance is just different--not easier. In fact, I'm finding it more difficult because I spent so many years in weight-loss mode, so that's so much more natural for me.

Maintenance has its own challenges. I think the reason we see so many people re-gaining (constant posts in the Main Lobby) is because they see weight-lose mode as the end of the process. Weight management is a lifetime process, and once loss is completed, the person has to negotiate maintenance.

(When I have any confidence that I'm securely in maintenance mode, I'll post about all the errors I've made along with way to help others NOT make those mistakes.)
Old 03-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Hello there !
Long time no see

Way to go RFL !!!! congrats !
My parents left (finally !) and I had my first contract as a conference interpreter today I got hired by french national TV to monitor japanese news and interpret in case anything happens... lucky me (lucky japan) nothing happened, I spent the day waiting (and still get payed !) !!
Anyway, I'll be working tomorrow too but I'm getting back on plan ! DD here I come !!! As far as I checked, I am 1kg up... It should go away real soon

Good evening all
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Hi Annie! Congrats on the new job!!! Way to go! That kg will go away in no time.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Leisa- My advice is to start thinking about and planning for maintenance NOW. I was fortunate to have a friend who was just about 6 months into maintenance, and she warned me. It's no walk in the park!

If you think of 'weight management' as the general category, then 'weight-loss mode' and 'maintenance' are two separate aspects of that category. I've found that maintenance is just different--not easier. In fact, I'm finding it more difficult because I spent so many years in weight-loss mode, so that's so much more natural for me.

Maintenance has its own challenges. I think the reason we see so many people re-gaining (constant posts in the Main Lobby) is because they see weight-lose mode as the end of the process. Weight management is a lifetime process, and once loss is completed, the person has to negotiate maintenance.

(When I have any confidence that I'm securely in maintenance mode, I'll post about all the errors I've made along with way to help others NOT make those mistakes.)
YEs! the great thing this time around is I've actually been thinking and planning for maintenance since I started. I'm actually even thinking about slowly working into maintenance but I'd like to get 5 pounds off before I start that. I'm very excited about this change in my thinking because I'm feeling up for the challenge of maintaining this time around. I also credit you and others on these boards with my change of thinking for helping me to realize that maintenance is no real change from loss and is not easy! thank you Leo for all your input!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

I think I may have screwed up my daughter's eating for today. She is doing a dd but I am confused with measuring calories for meat. I can't understand the different food counters when it says things like chicken, raw yield after cooking. I gave her 100 grams of cooked boneless skinless chicken breast. Now I understood it to be 110 calories but I am seeing that that may have been raw weight measurement and not cooked.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:

LEO, have I told you lately how much I love you???

Seriously! I learn SO much by your posts and by you sharing your experience! I know that everyone is different and we have to find what works for us individually, but I think that you give us the tools to do that! You really do!

I must tell you that I owe a lot of my success on JUDDD to you and what I have learned from you. This time, as you and SoHappy have pointed out, I'm getting the "mindset" change that I never did before.

Also, because of your gentle sharing, I AM getting the maintenance thought process going. I would NEVER have gone there without reading all you post in here.

You're SO right, what I read (and experience) in the Main Lobby is the same, over and over and over. THIS TIME, using JUDDD and revamping my perspective has gotten me to the lowest I've been since childhood.

I've even passed up the place I starved myself to get to so I could fit into a borrowed wedding gown 28 years ago. I've never been back to that weight since.

Thank you LEO and everyone here!!

I have 50+ more pounds to go, but THIS TIME, it's coming off!!!!!!!!!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #326
Senior LCF member

Annie- Congratulations on the new contract! Your job sounds marvelous. I'd love to do something like that, but my French is so very, very poor. When I was in Montreal once, I was amazed at how the hotel desk clerks could easily move from French to English going from one guest to another. I was so jealous! Congratulations, too, on having enduring your mother ignoring your weight loss. We all think you're wonderful!

RealFood- Thanks, but I can beat you. Except for about a month when I was 14, I haven't been this weight since the 5th grade! And never in my wildest imagination did I believe that I could get here.

As to maintenance, we have a principle in Catholicism that it's important to 'cooperate with God's grace." Since I firmly believe that my weight loss is a 'grace,' a special gift I've been given, then maintenance to me is an obligation. By cooperating with the grace received, we express thanksgiving. I know you come from another religious tradition, but I hope this is also meaningful to you.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

I just enjoyed reading the last few posts and I have that warm fuzzy feeling. lol Hope everyone had a great day! Today's an UD for me and I'm sitting pretty at about 1092 calories (plus a few for seasonings in the taco meat). Did my workout at the gym, and I'm thinking I probably won't eat anything else today.

Since adding JUDDD to my low carb last Monday, I am down 5.4 pounds! That's the most I've lost in the shortest amount of time since restarting LC on 1-1. Thank you for answering all my questions! I Finally got the book today.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Good job edens.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:04 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Good morning lovely ladies
This thread is so full of love, it's a real pleasure to read it !!

I started a DD today well, so far (10am) I haven't eaten anything yet... as I'll be working from 2pm to 9pm non stop I'm going to have a big lunch... I am afraid this DD is going to be tough after going to restaurants for 5 days

Yesterday I got my early Bday present, an amazing android phone ! (I am a geek ) But as I change operators I have to wait for a week before I can use it !!! I just can't wait to have my "*********" apps and everything !!!

Gotta get back to japanese news... it's a weird feeling, I never though my first contract would be about something so tragic. It makes me feel bad, receiving my first salary when people have lost everything they had...

... But I guess that's how this world's work

Have a good DD/UD/MD everyone
Old 03-16-2011, 06:26 AM   #330
Senior LCF member

Annie-
Your DD may be easier than you think. I've found that when I've had to have a string of UDs for some reason, my body actually craves a DD. I hope this happens to you.

For example, two years ago, I was at my sister's house for Christmas, and was going to spend the weekend--so 4 days. I figured the best I'd be able to do was one MD of the 4, but with all the treats around, I wasn't sure I'd even be able to manage that. Christmas was a Thursday, but we Italians make an even bigger feast on Christmas Eve. So I knew Wednesday and Thursday would be UDs, and I hoped for some control on Friday, Sat., and Sun. On any other diet plan, a big 'splurge' like that usually results in overeating for several days--or weeks!

But despite 2 BIG UDs in a row, when I woke on Friday, I not only wasn't hungry, I knew my body wanted a DD. I fasted all day with no problem at all and then nibbled about 300 cal worth of dinner with my family, not the least tempted by all the treats. I was then able to do a MD on Sat. and another DD on Sunday (because I was driving home that day).

I had already been doing JUDDD a year when this happened, so it may take time for the body to respond this way. But if it doesn't happen today for you, it's something you can look forward to. I regard it as another of the great benefits of JUDDD.

Don't think ill of your new job! Keep in mind that you're not contributing to the misfortune of the Japanese; you're helping to insure that their story gets told to the world. And that's very important work.