Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #241
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Thanks Daisey,it does help......how about meal replacement...what do you think of those ??
Its what ever works for you. Dr.J does not tell us what to eat. he says in the frist 2 weeks you can drink shakes if you like. But I think thats because he wants to keep dds very simple because they are very important. to our success. I hope this helps.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #242
Blabbermouth!!!

oh if you are talking about the frozen dinners I do not eat them. They have to much sodium for me.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #243
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Ouis-
That's actually what my plan is--i.e., adding in more veggies, but I'm getting this false feeling of 'freedom' that is sidetracking me somewhat. I know that my initial need is to establish a consistent calorie level for DDs and UDs that will allow me to maintain

Since I only lose about a lb a week in weight-loss mode, that should not involve adding too much. But this week, for example, although I have DDs and UDs, no 2 days are at the same calorie level! I want to establish a routine that's similar to what I had before, but with slightly higher DDs.

It will all get resolved, I'm sure, but it's unfamiliar territory for me, and it's discomforting right now.

By the way, I used to love those bran crackers with sugar-free jam and a cup of hot tea, but giving up all sweeteners was essential for me because anything sweet can be a 'trigger.' Eventually, I think I'll be able to manage some sweet things, but not right now.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I enjoy splitting the 40-cal bread into two full-sized skinny slices of toasted goodness.
Can you explain to me how you do this? I think it is a fantastic idea! I'm assuming you don't just cut it half like you would a sandwich but cut the bread's actual width, right? I'm worried if I try this I'll just tear up a slice of bread! LOL!

Laura
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Leo I use those brancrisps every DD I have! What kind of symptoms did you have that showed you had a gluten sensitivity? I can imagine you didn't want to have irritated intestines!

Laura
Old 02-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #246
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Can you explain to me how you do this? I think it is a fantastic idea! I'm assuming you don't just cut it half like you would a sandwich but cut the bread's actual width, right? I'm worried if I try this I'll just tear up a slice of bread! LOL!

Laura
LOL! I actually found out about this from Donna (penguinpower).

You take one slice of low-calorie bread. The lowest I've been able to find is 40 calories per slice.

You toast it in your toaster, but not real browned at all. For me, it's pale golden but before it begins to 'brown'... You need the bread to 'firm up' a little bit for the slicing apart... You want the firmness that begins to happen when the bread starts to get toasted, without having it be very much toasted, else it'll just break apart when you start to slice it. It can't be too crispy.

And, yes.. you are slicing it into two very thin full-sized bread slices, so you will have that whole surface to spread with whatever. I like to also slice a ff weiner in half also, and make two hotdogs with one slice of bread and one weiner, each piled high with chopped onions, s/f sweet relish, and mustard!

So I stop the toaster when the bread is just beginning to turn gold-ish. You have to look down in there to watch it, and after you've done it a couple of times, you'll know just when to stop the toasting.

Take your knife (I use my very finely serrated bread knife with a long blade) and start slicing. I cut each of the four edges into the center and stop there. After the fourth side is sliced and cut to the center, the two parts come apart into the two slices, although a little rough and bread-y/crumbly on the inside un-toasted side.

I also cut each of the two sides into 12 little squares and then put them on a tray in the oven to toast up a bit more, and made them into 24 little crispy 'crackers' to eat tuna salad on! Fabulous!

Just make sure you don't toast the bread too much before you slice it.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #247
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't know if you have aunt millie bread or not ,but they have a light potato bread for 35 calories. its kinda thick.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

I am so going to make some bread like this tomorrow! Sadly no Aunt Millie bread here because I really like potato bread. But we have the Sara Lee 45 calorie bread and a 35 calorie bread as well.

Excited!!!

Laura
Old 02-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #249

Quote:
I am so going to make some bread like this tomorrow! Sadly no Aunt Millie bread here because I really like potato bread. But we have the Sara Lee 45 calorie bread and a 35 calorie bread as well.

Excited!!!

Laura
Well, it's not the best thing in the world, but on a DD, it can certainly serve a purpose!

Have fun with it. LOL
Old 02-11-2011, 04:46 AM   #250
Senior LCF member

Laura- I'm hypothyroid--the auto-immune type--and there's a suggestion that most of us are gluten sensitive. So I did an 'elimination test' by abstaining from all grains for a month.

After a month, I happened to be in an Indian restaurant where they served warm, soft bread that was delicious--so I indulged. When I got home, I got the most violent cramps and diarrhea. I was with two family members, we ate similar things, and they didn't have any problems at all, so I don't think it was any other food.

I don't think I ever noticed it before because those few bran crackers were my only guten for years. I find that I can eat a small quantity without such a reaction--a couple of crackers, a bagel--but I try to avoid grains for a few reasons:

1. If I'm sensitive to gluten, then those grains will be doing internal damage even if I'm not getting any reaction.

2. Dr. William Davis who writes HeartScanBlog is among those who argue that grains are not healthy for us at all.

3. Ten years ago, when I was having some gall bladder issues (still have the gall bladder!), and fat seemed to be a problem, I discovered that it was the combination of fat and grains. Once I eliminated grains, the fat didn't bother me at all. In retrospect, I think it may have been my gluten sensitivity that triggered the problem because tests were never able to determine any problem with the gall bladder itself (but I had horrible attacks, one that landed me in the ER).

I love bread, but I feel very much better without grains.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
Good morning all and a happy Friday too!! It was a balmy 10* when I left for work this morning.

Today is a DD but I am concerned about dinner out tonight which had been pre-planned before I started this WOE. If any of you watched last season's The Next Iron Chef, we are going to Vermillion/Chef Maneet. Got a Groupon for it and couldn't pass on the opportunity to eat here.

The scale showed no loss this morning and I am totally comfortable with that. I am not a fast loser, so 3 lbs this week is awesome.

Enjoy your day!
12/31/2010 188.0
1/31/2011 185.0
2/28/2011 181.0
3/31/2011 179.0
4/30/2011 171.0
5/31/2011 176.5 (2 weeks of vacation!)
6/30-7/31/2011 166.5/167.0 (Maintenance!)
sweetpea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #252

Good Morning, Sweetpea. Maybe this will just end up being a MD. Enjoy your dinner out. We enjoy Groupon and Living Social coupons too. Have had some very enjoyable meals out at nice restaurants for half price. Can't beat that.

I've hit a stand-still with weight loss too. I go downward in sputters and stops. But I always know that if I just hang in there, eventually weight loss gets going again.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

I am enjoying my hot tea. it will help me thru my dd. I hope.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Hi all, dd for me today. still in pain but will see the doctor on Monday. I woke to an actual lower weight today even after an ud! 146.4....was 146.7 yesterday. I should definitely see 145 tomorrow..woohoo! 145 for me is a weight that gets me beginning to feel good about myself again. but 130 has me feeling fabulous, lol. ok typing from my phone cause i can't sit at the computer and my hands are tired. have a great day everyone!!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
Same problem yesterday as my last UD...ATE TOO MUCH......had too much of the junk...i still have stocking stuffers from christmas...

This morning i was trending the DD b/c of what to eat now...but i had a "haha" moment...i'm trying to concentrate too much on the lowering my carbs on DD but i got to figure that fruits and vegetable are carbs but good carbs with fiber which i do need..(after all i did get operated for colon cancer and that was exactly my problem..not enough fiber in my diet. )....so now i know i'll do a lot better today...menu is all planned out...for now i'm better off not concentrating on my carbs and just lowering my calories instead...right hopefully i'm on the right track as you can see i've never been a big vegetable eater or fruits for that matter...but got to change my ways...and JUDD is giving me that chance...

Gainned back 1.4lbs b/c of my overeating of yesterday...i did enjoy my meal with hubby .....a little bit too much..

Oh well today is another day...

Sweetpea...enjoy your evening with hubby...and Daisey i was talking about the replacement meal(slimfast)...no frozen stuff

~~~GAETS~~~
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Afternoon all you lovely JUDDD'ers!!!

What a lovely day! The snow is melting and the sun is shining!

I had a good UP yesterday and as usual, the scale was up one pound, but I'm STILL firmly in the new decade!! YAY! Today is a DD and I'm feeling good.

Leisa: I pray you get some relief! Congrats on the weight loss! YAY!!

Leo: I'm hypothyroid and now have gone completely gluten-free and grain-free and I feel the best I have in a long time.

Waving a BIG HELLO to everyone!!!

I hope y'all have an awesome day!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Good morning all~ blew my DD to smithereens already. I'm just going to Scarlet O'hara the day and jump back on the bandwagon in the morning. :blush:
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Congrats, all you losers!

Liesa, I sure hope you get some relief soon. I have had a very MINOR pain in my neck (other than DH) and went to a massage therapist who told me my problem was actually under my arm...seemed weird, but it turned out to be true. Nothing at all like the pain you are having, though, but just wanted to sympathize with you.

Today is a DD after a disappointing UD. It wasn't disappointing because I ate too much, but because I didn't get what I had planned to have. After me and DH were all excited to go out for dinner, we headed for my fave restaurant only to find that they had booked their main area for a private party that was supposed to be over at 5 p.m. but it was almost 6:30 and they still had not left! So the regular paying customers couldn't get in...argh! There was a 1-hour wait and as we were already starving, we ended up going to...McDonald's. We were starving and kind of out of the way and didn't want to drive all over the island at night (it is so dark here due to lack of street lights). And I had coupons for BOGO Angus burgers lol. Anyway, I had a mushroom swiss angus burger, just ate the proteins the top sesame seed part of the bun with it, and I don't know if it was because I was so hungry or what, but tht hamburger was AWESOME!!!!

Back to my usual DD today - feeling good.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #259
Blabbermouth!!!

aawww Donna thats to bad. But theirs always tomorrow sister
Old 02-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Unfortunately, tomorrow a.m. we leave for our next destination! 'Twas not meant to be this trip, I guess. Oh well, it gives me a good excuse to come back.

We've done so much walking this week. Yesterday we saw a bald eagle and a bluebird!

We're kind of sad to be leaving here. It's so beautiful, and it's supposed to be a lot warmer and sunnier next week. Oh well. sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Leo - That is very interesting about the intolerance for gluten. I am hypothyroid too and don't really notice any sentitivities but I'm not usually totally tuned in! LOL. I have to read up on that.

Blonde - been there done that! Pick it up tomorrow sister. Just never give up! Right?

I wanted to blow my DD day to smithereens. Had to have some additional mammography done for an abnormal spot detected on my regular mammo. Well, went in with hubby and had spot compressions done. Radiologist wanted ultrasound. Tech did the ultrasound, then the radiologist came in and scanned my breast. I was about to burst from being so tense! End of story - it's a fluid filled cyst. No need to do anything because there were no worrisome characteristics. Hallelujah! So, of course, I wanted to celebrate and eat! But I can wait until tomorrow. Am having an eggbeaters omelet with spinach and onions and heading in to work.

It's going to be a golden day!

Laura

Last edited by ellgee; 02-11-2011 at 11:23 AM..
Old 02-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
LEnd of story - it's a fluid filled cyst. No need to do anything because there were no worrisome characteristics. Hallelujah!
It's going to be a golden day!

Laura
Laura!!! WOW!, What stress! Bless your heart!
And I'm rejoicing with you that there is nothing to be concerned with!
Hallelujah is right!!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #263
Blabbermouth!!!

A Donna we have this trail here In Indiana by the river on very sunny days if you get lucky you can see bald eagles. I will never forget the frist time I saw one in the wild. It was like wow.....
Old 02-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #264
Senior LCF member

Blonde- Rather than think of it as a "blown" DD, say to yourself, "I've had x good DDs this week!" And then get right back on plan.

We had someone here who could only manage 2 DDs a week because of her life situation, and she lost fine. It was perhaps slower than it could have been, but she couldn't manage anything else and was satisfied.

Laura-
Good news! I had a scare like that once, and I know the feeling of relief when you get the OK.

The gluten sensitivity is 'supposed' to be a factor in Hashimoto's, but it doesn't affect everyone. As I mentioned, when I was low carbing with just those bran crackers each day, I didn't notice any problem because I wasn't having much gluten. My sensitivity seems to be mild, and I abstain mainly because I feel so much better without any grains.

Donna- Sorry about your missed restaurant meal, but if you had a reservation, that restaurant wasn't very well managed if they couldn't get that party out on time. But people can be inconsiderate, and there's only so much that the restaurant can do in those circumstances. At least you enjoyed your burger!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi everyone.
Today is dd and Im doing very well so far.
Cold, but well.

Going in to do Tredmil for 1 mile .{ See Daisey I promised.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Afternoon all you lovely JUDDD'ers!!!

What a lovely day! The snow is melting and the sun is shining!

I had a good UP yesterday and as usual, the scale was up one pound, but I'm STILL firmly in the new decade!! YAY! Today is a DD and I'm feeling good.

Leisa: I pray you get some relief! Congrats on the weight loss! YAY!!

Leo: I'm hypothyroid and now have gone completely gluten-free and grain-free and I feel the best I have in a long time.

Waving a BIG HELLO to everyone!!!

I hope y'all have an awesome day!
THANK YOU for PRAYING! Seriously. A pharmacist friend today recommended I go ahead and take 4 ibuprofens and I did and it helped SO much! I'm one who HATES to take anything so this is a lot of medicine for me, but I will continue for now for this kind of relief. Another friend recommended Tiger Balm and I am now a big fan! Great stuff!

Interesting about the hypothyroid and gluten. I'm also hypothyroid as is my sister and mom and dad. I may have to give this consideration.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:23 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Leo Hey I agree with you about trying to maintain. The mind set is difficult to deal with. I thought about it and I have maintained now within my range for over 7years. My body has changed so I had to switch up how I went about it. I have gone above the range but pulled myself right back into focus again. I did at one time weigh 10pound lighter but I looked sickly and choose to change my range. This week I have pulled back. I cut down on the carbs and sweets. I am slightly up from my range since the hospital and think its my over indulgences keeping me there and the medication I was on.

I like to ask you a question. I know you want to increase your DD a bit but have you thought about increasing your Up day instead?? Like was mentioned with more veggies. I know it can be very frustrating and uncomfortable trying to figure out what to do. Also you are such a slow looser that what ever you decide you need to stick to for a while to see if it works or not.

I guess I am saying I still stuggle with it. I also have some changing hormones at this time.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:46 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning ALL!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back for personals, but I HAD TO SHARE!!

I just weighed for the week and today I am in a NEW decade and hit the 40 pounds lost mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am over the moon excited!! And it's not even my birthday!!

BUT!!!!!!! It is my hubby and my 28th wedding anniversary!!!!! Woot Wooot! AND today is an UP day! WOW, can it get ANY BETTER???

Thanks to everyone here!! Thank you, thank you! You have helped me SO much!! I LOVE JUDDD!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 06:27 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
I also did great on my DD yesterday...and celebrating today beeing an UD....but not too hard though

Congrats Realfoodforliving...
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:37 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Good Morning ALL!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back for personals, but I HAD TO SHARE!!

I just weighed for the week and today I am in a NEW decade and hit the 40 pounds lost mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am over the moon excited!! And it's not even my birthday!!

BUT!!!!!!! It is my hubby and my 28th wedding anniversary!!!!! Woot Wooot! AND today is an UP day! WOW, can it get ANY BETTER???

Thanks to everyone here!! Thank you, thank you! You have helped me SO much!! I LOVE JUDDD!!!!!!!!
FANTASTIC NEWS!

And happy anniversary! Enjoy that UD.
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote