Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Evening JUDDDers!

Y'all are so helpful and wonderful!

I had a rough day physically, but not hunger-wise. We ended up being in town all day and getting home in the evening, but all went well JUDDD-wise for my DD.

Looking forward to my UP day tomorrow, that's fer sure!

I love reading all your posts! Have a blessed night.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi Dasiey.
Good. I thought that was how I was understanding.
500 or less. is just a ball park. You can fast if you can, or go as low on dd as you can.
I saw that you were doing low carb and only 10carbs?
I might start watching that also but first I have to get dd down to fasting or find low cals for that day for me to feel good. and to get losing again.
Talk later.
Also when first of the month comes at Gnc Im getting Reseratrol.
kind
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Rough DD today....I'm going to bed STARVING. I knew Monday's DD was too easy and they wouldn't all be like that!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #214
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Rough DD today....I'm going to bed STARVING. I knew Monday's DD was too easy and they wouldn't all be like that!
That's how I felt the time or two I tried to do DDs with too little volume in my food choices for the day. I have to have a lot of veggies and veggie 'mass' to fill my tummy, but when I do, DDs are an absolute breeze. Veggies are so low in calories that a mountain of them still isn't 500 calories. Very little hunger at all. Easy Peasy.

Then on UDs I emphasize proteins and a decent amount of fat and anything else that appeals and makes me happy.

You did good though. Can you get a good night's sleep when your tummy is hungry? I sleep better with a little something before bedtime.

Tomorrow is an UD so you can have something wonderful when breakfast arrives! Sleep tight! Hope your weight is down nicely. That makes it all so very worth it!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:44 AM   #215
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
goose- In 25 months on JUDDD, I've lost 100 lbs--so you can see that it's been just about a pound a week. But at my age, that's a good rate of loss, IMO.

kind- I'm aware of Dr. J's comments about fasting on DDs, but it's in the context of explaining why he developed the plan with 500 cal or fewer. It's not only too difficult for most people (me!) to totally fast, but, as dasiey mentioned, we had a bunch of people here a couple of years ago who insisted on fasting on DDs--and they're all gone now. I was just trying to warn you that being too eager to lose and doing extreme things like fasting on DDs winds up being counter productive for most people.

Sherri- Even after more than 2 years, I have some 'white knuckle' DDs, and I've never found a 'cause.' It seems to be something going on in my mysterious body because I eat similar foods on both UDs and DDs, and sometimes I hardly notice a DD beause it's so smooth--other times, it can be very, very tough. I just try to live with it, reminding myself that I haven't died of starvation yet, so I can get through this.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:47 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Well, you'll all be glad to know I didn't die of starvation overnight! I did wake up hungry though this morning, which is unusual for me. I'm now on a new medication that I have to take with food and it bugs me cause I usually don't get hungry until 10 or so. Oh well.

SoHappy....I'm just the opposite of you....funny how we're all so different. I really have to use almost all my calories for protein or else I get too hungry. Volume of veggies doesn't seem to do it for me, although I always have a big salad with dinner.

Well, an UD today and looking forward to going out to dinner tonight. Hubby said this morning..."So is this an UD? Can we go out to dinner tonight?" He had asked last night but was disappointed to hear it was a DD.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:59 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
Leo--I am so impressed by your weight loss and also encouraged by this plan.

Yesterday's DD wasn't too bad as I am still quite busy at work and hope that it continues this way!! Also, I wasn't as cold as I was on Monday, my first DD. I am doing the happy dance that the scale is moving down. I have a cocktail party the beginning of April and ordered a new dress, so I am hoping that it will fit when it arrives at the end of the month.

Have a great day!
sweetpea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 AM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Well, you'll all be glad to know I didn't die of starvation overnight! I did wake up hungry though this morning, which is unusual for me. I'm now on a new medication that I have to take with food and it bugs me cause I usually don't get hungry until 10 or so. Oh well.

SoHappy....I'm just the opposite of you....funny how we're all so different. I really have to use almost all my calories for protein or else I get too hungry. Volume of veggies doesn't seem to do it for me, although I always have a big salad with dinner.

Well, an UD today and looking forward to going out to dinner tonight. Hubby said this morning..."So is this an UD? Can we go out to dinner tonight?" He had asked last night but was disappointed to hear it was a DD.
Glad you are alive and posting this morning instead of that 'death from starvation' problem we all think we might have initially. LOL And enjoy your DD protein. I think most are in your camp and find that helps them the most. I never had any appetite suppression on Atkins or generic low carb either, so for some reason I got cheated with that working for me. Not fair!

And I had to laugh about your DH wondering whether you were on an UD or a DD. My husband is just the same. Happy when I have an UD because it gives us more freedom to eat out as a couple. His big treat in life apparently. Don't understand how he can stay so nice and I got heavier. Another 'not fair'.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:41 AM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea49 View Post
Leo--I am so impressed by your weight loss and also encouraged by this plan.

Yesterday's DD wasn't too bad as I am still quite busy at work and hope that it continues this way!! Also, I wasn't as cold as I was on Monday, my first DD. I am doing the happy dance that the scale is moving down. I have a cocktail party the beginning of April and ordered a new dress, so I am hoping that it will fit when it arrives at the end of the month.

Have a great day!
This is exciting. I'll be rooting for you too. You have more than seven weeks, so that should translate into some pretty decent weight loss. But I'll bet you are going to that cocktail party in a new smaller dress size!

We certainly all lose at different rates while doing this plan, some fast and some a great deal slower. But the plan itself is so good for promoting health in other areas besides just weight loss that it is a very healthful plan to follow. There are an awful lot of people nowdays who could stand to restrict their caloric intake a little! Even if they don't do JUDDD!

You're off to a great start. Good luck!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Good morning all. I'm standing at my computer so I can look down on my monitor..the only way I seem to be able to be on my pc these days. I'm calling my GP today so I can get his opinion on my neck issue. Good news is I weighed 146.8 this morning. My dd yesterday was hard but I did it! I really want to get out of the 140's this month. Hope you're all well. Welcome to the newcomers!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goose1
Stats: 229/193.2/166.4/140
WOE: lchf
Start Date: Jan 02/14
Thanks Leo, congrats on the lose. I'd be very happy with a pound a week.
goose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning everyone!!

WOW, this place is active! Whooo hoooooooooo!

Leisa: Praying for you sweetie! Please keep us updated.

Great posts everyone!

My scale is still telling me that I'm in a new decade, but again, I'm not "claiming" it until my official Weigh In. This week it will be on Saturday because I changed my UP and DDs to accommodate our anniversary meal on Saturday.
BUT, I'm excited!

Only 5 pounds to VWT!

Today is an UP day for me and I'm also going to bake breads for my family. I may get on the Gazelle afterwards, maybe not, because being on my feet for hours baking really takes its toll on me. I bake 8 loaves on my baking day.

Have a wonderful day everyone and HAPPY JUDDDing!!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LEO: Thank you so much for sharing all your wisdom with us! You ROCK!!
You are SUCH an inspiration!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Good morning!

UD for me today! Yesterday we had snow/ice and I didn't have to work. I fretted all day because when I am home, I eat. All day. But I kept myself busy and it went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
That's how I felt the time or two I tried to do DDs with too little volume in my food choices for the day. I have to have a lot of veggies and veggie 'mass' to fill my tummy, but when I do, DDs are an absolute breeze. Veggies are so low in calories that a mountain of them still isn't 500 calories. Very little hunger at all. Easy Peasy.
This is exactly what I do. Had a mound of broccoli last night and a 3 oz piece of mahi mahi. So good and I was so full! All for 190 yummy calories.

I am not a fasting person either. I like to eat too much! So I will have food all through the day, just light meals. And I sure use those GG Bran Crispbreads. Lots of fiber for 12 calories.

Laura
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi every one.
How are you? Seems like you all are doing well.
Leo, Great job on losing 100lbs.{ Also Thanks for your help.
Yesterday. I lost 1lb. and today after yesterdays Ud was down another 1.5
My husbands class reuion,is in Julyand I hope I can loose 35lbs.
That would put me 120 Lbs. Even though that will still be my heighest weight I should weigh I will be happy.,
Short goals and working hard will get me there..
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.0/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Hi Ladies....Had a rough DD yesterday...but i did manage to have only 550 calories and 34gr of carbs...i'll have to find more food with little calories and carbs .. any suggestions ...still manage to loose another 1.2lbs makes it 2.6lbs since monday...

UD today...still can't get too excited cause that's exactly what happen on tuesday...and my hubby also wants to go out for dinner tonight...and like all of you he asks.."UP OR DOWN today"

Welcome Goose

This thread rocks!!!! such good info....thank you all

~~~GAETS~~~

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-10-2011 at 08:56 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Hi Ladies....Had a rough DD yesterday...but i did manage to have only 550 calories and 34gr of carbs...i'll have to find more food with little calories and carbs .. any suggestions ...still manage to loose another 1.2lbs makes it 2.6lbs since monday...

UD today...still can't get too excited cause that's exactly what happen on tuesday...and my hubby also wants to go out for dinner tonight...and like all of you he asks.."UP OR DOWN today"

This thread rocks!!!! such good info....thank you all
all my family does that to me can you eat or not.

I eat egg beaters, fat free hot dogs, and ff cheese, and turkey bacon, turkey sauage on my dds. water, hot tea, coffee.
I hope that helps some.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #228
Senior LCF member

Leisa- Congratulations on the 140s! I hope your doctor has some answers for you--or at least a good referral.

RealFood- You can claim the new decade now. There are fluctuations on JUDDD, but in my experience, even if you bounce back up for some reason, the lowest weight is authentic, and you'll be there the next day or so. I 'counted' my loss by decades, and it was always SO satisfying to get into a lower one
Old 02-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.0/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
all my family does that to me can you eat or not.

I eat egg beaters, fat free hot dogs, and ff cheese, and turkey bacon, turkey sauage on my dds. water, hot tea, coffee.
I hope that helps some.
Thanks Daisey,it does help......how about meal replacement...what do you think of those ??
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #230

Leisa, I'm just so sorry your neck is this bad and you're in such pain. I wish I was close to you and could help you somehow. What is the doctor thinking for your care? Hope this passes pretty fast here. Even a few days in pain is terrible.

And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get out of the 140's this month, as you are hoping. I'd like to get down to the 140's someday, maybe, but that'll be quite awhile from now! LOL.... Especially at the slow rate that is my normal weight loss speed. I'm a turtle for sure. So I'm going to be rooting for you and enjoying the ride vicariously through you!

goose1, how are you doing? Are you loving it yet?

RFL!!! Only 5 pounds to go until you're in new weight loss territory is really exciting! I'm so excited for you! You are losing weight at a really fast rate, so I'll bet it won't be long at all! You are leading the way, Girl!

And I know you'll have a wonderful time on your Anniversary and be able to celebrate wonderfully with a lovely meal, knowing that you are allowed to eat at your normal level on UDs and still be following your diet plan! How can I even truly think of this as a diet? Well, I hardly can. Amazing to me.

Hope your little princess is feeling better now.

And what kinds of breads do your bake? I used to bake bread regularly too, and love to do it! There is nothing quite as fragrant as baking bread, and it is so wonderful hot from the oven and with melting butter. Who all do you bake the 8 loaves for? That's a lot of bread! Enjoy your bread baking day. You make me want to start bread baking again. My DH would love that!

ellgee/Laura, I've never tried the GG Bran Crispbreads. Do they come in different flavors? Do you order them or are you able to buy them locally in a grocery store there?

Your broccoli and mahi mahi for dinner sounds good.

Kind, I'll bet you either get down to that 120-pound level or awfully darned close by your DH's reunion in July. I'll be watching your progress and rooting for you! I was going to wish you 'good luck' except that you don't really need any 'luck' as you are making it happen by doing it!

Gaetane, sorry you had a tough DD. I just think sometimes there is a rough DD in our progression, although I've found for myself that they are few and far between these days. I think my brain (or something) has come to accept that every other day now is an extremely modest one and is now accepting that this is normal for me anymore. So not triggering that hunger much now. I hope this is what you find happens for you too.

It sounds like you are having very good results with this though, and as the DDs get 'easier', I think you will come to really appreciate the fact that you have UDs on this plan where you get to dine and celebrate and experience food like 'normal' people without gaining, while enjoying all the health benefits that JUDDD confers.

I laughed that your DH is like the rest here... hoping we are having an UD so he can go out to dinner with us. LOL

Leo, how are you finding your transition into maintenance? Does it seem to be as 'easy' as JUDDD at the weight loss calorie levels? Only just a bit higher? Are you just eating a bit more of your normal foods, or deciding to add in a few additional higher-calorie foods that you rarely enjoyed previously.

Dasiey, I also like the Eggbeaters and hotdogs, but have never tried turkey bacon or sausage. I'll keep my eyes out for that next!

Last edited by SoHappy; 02-10-2011 at 09:48 AM..
Old 02-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
SoHappy - I actually have bought them from Netrition but in checking the website they are available at Whole Foods Markets here in Texas. They only have one flavor and you really have to put something on top of them like Laughing Cow cheese. I will put a slice of turkey and mustard for a quick snack.

My first time eating them I wasn't so enthusiastic but I've learned to enjoy them and do need the fiber!

Laura
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
RFL!!! Only 5 pounds to go until you're in new weight loss territory is really exciting! I'm so excited for you! You are losing weight at a really fast rate, so I'll bet it won't be long at all! You are leading the way, Girl!
Thank you SoHappy! I am SO HAPPY! I absolutely love JUDDD! This is the only way of eating that I can see myself doing for life.

Quote:
And I know you'll have a wonderful time on your Anniversary and be able to celebrate wonderfully with a lovely meal, knowing that you are allowed to eat at your normal level on UDs and still be following your diet plan! How can I even truly think of this as a diet? Well, I hardly can. Amazing to me.
Me too. I am making a grass-fed brisket and roasted veggies and some sweet surprises for my hubby (who loves sweets).

Quote:
Hope your little princess is feeling better now.
She's doing better somewhat, but she's on antibiotics. After this one though, we're going to try more dietary changes. Thank you for asking!

Quote:
And what kinds of breads do your bake? I used to bake bread regularly too, and love to do it! There is nothing quite as fragrant as baking bread, and it is so wonderful hot from the oven and with melting butter. Who all do you bake the 8 loaves for? That's a lot of bread! Enjoy your bread baking day. You make me want to start bread baking again. My DH would love that!
I LOVE to bake! I grind my grains fresh (in my home grain mill) and bake 100% whole grain breads from organic grains. I bake for my family and for friends and I bake also for our Messianic Synagogue (I bake whole wheat and honey braided Challah) for Shabbat services. I give it as gifts, but mainly, my family loves it and they eat a ton of it.

I make 99% of our family's breads, such as pizza crusts, tortillas, bagels, muffins, pita breads etc, using my freshly-ground grains. Sometimes if I'm under the weather, we'll buy a good brand, but more often than not, I'll make it.

The funny thing is, I am a carb addict and a bread addict, especially my homemade whole grain breads, but since I've been truckin' along on JUDDD, I'm not even getting any cravings. I can make, prepare and serve the food, but it's not calling me any more.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
I LOVE to bake! I grind my grains fresh (in my home grain mill) and bake 100% whole grain breads from organic grains. I bake for my family and for friends and I bake also for our Messianic Synagogue (I bake whole wheat and honey braided Challah) for Shabbat services. I give it as gifts, but mainly, my family loves it and they eat a ton of it.

I make 99% of our family's breads, such as pizza crusts, tortillas, bagels, muffins, pita breads etc, using my freshly-ground grains. Sometimes if I'm under the weather, we'll buy a good brand, but more often than not, I'll make it.

The funny thing is, I am a carb addict and a bread addict, especially my homemade whole grain breads, but since I've been truckin' along on JUDDD, I'm not even getting any cravings. I can make, prepare and serve the food, but it's not calling me any more.
Youngster, you are amazing!

And maybe the fact that you can have bread if you truly want it, just by figuring it into your food counts like any other food choice, is enough to allow your mind to not have to focus on it to the exclusion of everything else. You can have some whenever you really want to... but you don't need to have it now at all. Maybe sometime, someday... but it doesn't need to be right now. You can enjoy it for what it is, baking it and presenting it, but it's not necessary to eat it all the time.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
my favorite DD dessert is a GG crispbread with a Tbs of ff cream cheese and a Tbs of Polaner sf fiber jam--50 cals for the whole thing
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #235
Senior LCF member

Laura- Before I went off all grains about a year ago, those bran crackers were a staple of my menu! I would have 2 every morning with my tuna salad. However, I discovered a gluten sensitivity (through elimination), and now realize they were helping me to stay regular by irritating my intestines. That's not a good way to avoid constipation, but, alas, I haven't yet found a good solution to that problem!

SoHappy- Like Jodi (and others on the Maintain Lane), I'm finding that maintenance has challenges of its own, and right now, since I'm so new at it, it's more difficult for me than weight loss mode.

There's a deceptive air of "freedom" that can be dangerous because I really can't eat much more than I have been. I eat mainly primal--meat, fish, eggwhites, veggies--and I will have some almond butter or unsweetened cocoa or baking chocolate for a treat now and then. I have no real plans to eat beyond this, although I may include an occasional sweet potato.

I'm struggling because I fear gaining, and yet I can't stay at the low calories I have been doing, but adding calories is fraught with problems. I was so used to eating my 'standard' DDs and UDs (over 2 years), and now I'm having difficulty creating a new 'standard.' This week, for example, I have done DDs and UDs--but every day has been a slightly different calorie count. I think getting a handle on this may take a couple of weeks, but I am also conscious of the danger of gaining in the process and am trying to avoid that. It's not easy!

Sorry to go on like this; I'm sure this is more than you wanted to know
Old 02-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
Leo--what happens if you just add way more veggies to start? Roasted veggies, maybe some other starchy veggies like butternut squash--maybe more low glycemic fruits? Increase your carbs/calories that way? Just a thought--
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
SoHappy- Like Jodi (and others on the Maintain Lane), I'm finding that maintenance has challenges of its own, and right now, since I'm so new at it, it's more difficult for me than weight loss mode.

There's a deceptive air of "freedom" that can be dangerous because I really can't eat much more than I have been. I eat mainly primal--meat, fish, eggwhites, veggies--and I will have some almond butter or unsweetened cocoa or baking chocolate for a treat now and then. I have no real plans to eat beyond this, although I may include an occasional sweet potato.

I'm struggling because I fear gaining, and yet I can't stay at the low calories I have been doing, but adding calories is fraught with problems. I was so used to eating my 'standard' DDs and UDs (over 2 years), and now I'm having difficulty creating a new 'standard.' This week, for example, I have done DDs and UDs--but every day has been a slightly different calorie count. I think getting a handle on this may take a couple of weeks, but I am also conscious of the danger of gaining in the process and am trying to avoid that. It's not easy!

Sorry to go on like this; I'm sure this is more than you wanted to know
No, this is exactly what I was wondering about. LOL

When I first started JUDDD here, I was in maintenance and continued to maintain on JUDDD, easily and well. BUT, that was just for a very few short weeks.. until I decided to try JUDDD to lose a few more pounds. So I have no way of knowing whether I could have continued to maintain with the 'offhanded' way I was going about it or not. I suspect not. That eventually I would have found myself slowly tettering up more than tottering down.

Your experiences in learning maintenance 'the JUDDD way' will give us some valuable insights on how to do it as you find your own success, and some pros and cons in adapting the plan to our own lives and ways of living it.

I wish you much success.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #238

ouizoid, I'll have to look into FF cream cheese when I shop next. I have a *no sugar added* black current jam that I love, and I enjoy splitting the 40-cal bread into two full-sized skinny slices of toasted goodness. I've sparingly used some butter on the toast before the jam, but I'll bet I'll fall in love with the cream cheese taste mixed with the black current! I'm imagining it already. --off to look up calories in ff cream cheese. LOL

I also think your idea of adding additional calories back in, much like adding additional carbs back in to get to your CCL, might be helpful for me one of these days. Kind of a tricky thing to figure out how to blend higher DDs and higher UDs into a new overall calorie level without overdoing it.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi JUDDD'ers! Just sa quick stop to say hello, I'm on an UD and I feel pretty good.

Laura~I think I'm going to have to find some of those GG Bran Crsipbreads! I can't tell you how many times I've wished for a little low calorie crunch!
Real Food~ I'm completely impressed by your grain grinding and bread baking! I love the smell of freshly baking bread and to actually know exactly what is going into it is great! You are doing so well!!!
Leo~ You have had to overcome so much, including gluten sensitivity! I love reading about your progress and I hope to one day be in maintenance as well, using JUDDD.

To answer a question about calorie counting on UD's. I'm having a difficult time with it because it's makes me obsess about food. The reason WW's didn't work well for me. I know I should and I probably would lose faster if I did, but I just can't get there right now. My DD are spot on perfect, sometimes easy, sometimes really hard, but I stay under the 500 cals. I've lost two pants sizes since I started and my "smaller" jeans are getting easier to sit in, if you know what I mean.:blush:

It's really great to come here and find out how other people cope with the program. I'm completely sold on it and I may take longer than Leo to lose my hundred pounds, but I will, eventually.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #240

Blonde with a Rose, hey! Anybody who has lost TWO pants sizes and are currently feeling better and better in their current size isn't going too far wrong! I think you're going great! It's not a race, right? We all just go along at our body's own particular pace, and if we continue doing it, eventually we'll get there. How exciting is that?!!!