Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Good morning all. Home from church this morning. I'm still totally down with my back. The only way I can stand it is to take my husbands Tramadol that he was given for his back. I'm hoping to get into the chiropractor tomorrow and see if I can get some relief. Yesterday was a dd for me but last night I got very hungry and the stress of the pain combined with the hunger I think was enough to make me eat. I just had a small meal and was fine after that so it ended up being a md. I'm going to go ahead with an UD today and get back on dd/ud rotation tomorrow. I don't normally do md's but I was not able to take the hunger on top of the pain. I am going to try to hold out and just have my calories in one meal tonight and maybe a snack. Have a great day everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 AM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Good Morning Fabulous JUDDDers!

Happy Sunday, however you celebrate it! As a cancer survivor, I try to celebrate each day to have another day to live, so I am celebrating today.

WELCOME SHERRIE!!!!!!!!!:welcome:
I'm one of the new faces (just since January 16, 2011) and I'm thrilled you are re-joining us and sharing your wisdom. I'm so sorry you have to have a knee replacement, but I hope it works out for you to get it when you plan. JUDDD may be just the vehicle you need!

LEO: Thank you! Hey, I'm still so thrilled about your 5 lb weight loss putting you into such a low number! How awesome!
When you exercised on a DD, did it make you hungry? I had a battle all afternoon, even after the little exercise that I did. And my blood sugar was pretty low, even after I ate. SO, lesson learned, no more exercising on DDs for me!

SoHappy: Sounds like a fun time planned for you all today. I hope you have a great time!

For me, today is Weigh In and I lost 2.8 pounds last week, just hitting my hoped-for weight of 183 today! YAY! That's 11 pounds in 3 weeks of JUDDD.

Today is my scheduled MD and I'm looking forward to it.

Hi to everyone

Have a wonderful day celebrating LIFE!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:11 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Good Morning Fabulous JUDDDers!

Happy Sunday, however you celebrate it! As a cancer survivor, I try to celebrate each day to have another day to live, so I am celebrating today.

WELCOME SHERRIE!!!!!!!!!:welcome:
I'm one of the new faces (just since January 16, 2011) and I'm thrilled you are re-joining us and sharing your wisdom. I'm so sorry you have to have a knee replacement, but I hope it works out for you to get it when you plan. JUDDD may be just the vehicle you need!

LEO: Thank you! Hey, I'm still so thrilled about your 5 lb weight loss putting you into such a low number! How awesome!
When you exercised on a DD, did it make you hungry? I had a battle all afternoon, even after the little exercise that I did. And my blood sugar was pretty low, even after I ate. SO, lesson learned, no more exercising on DDs for me!

SoHappy: Sounds like a fun time planned for you all today. I hope you have a great time!

For me, today is Weigh In and I lost 2.8 pounds last week, just hitting my hoped-for weight of 183 today! YAY! That's 11 pounds in 3 weeks of JUDDD.

Today is my scheduled MD and I'm looking forward to it.

Hi to everyone

Have a wonderful day celebrating LIFE!
Yeah for you for losing 2.8 pounds!!!!! That's awesome!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Good morning all. Home from church this morning. I'm still totally down with my back. The only way I can stand it is to take my husbands Tramadol that he was given for his back. I'm hoping to get into the chiropractor tomorrow and see if I can get some relief. Yesterday was a dd for me but last night I got very hungry and the stress of the pain combined with the hunger I think was enough to make me eat. I just had a small meal and was fine after that so it ended up being a md. I'm going to go ahead with an UD today and get back on dd/ud rotation tomorrow. I don't normally do md's but I was not able to take the hunger on top of the pain. I am going to try to hold out and just have my calories in one meal tonight and maybe a snack. Have a great day everyone!
Oh LEISA! I'm so sorry!
You have to do what your body needs!
I have been praying for pain relief and I will continue! Please let us know how you're doing!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 AM   #125
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Leisa, I'm so sorry you are having this continuing back pain. I sure hope the Chiro can help you. I don't blame you for having a bit extra food for a MD yesterday and an UD today. Tomorrow will be soon enough for another DD. We always need to remember to treat ourselves with love and concern too, as well as just 'diet' to lose weight. Hope your pain is less today.

Leo, I was diagnosed with osteopenia several years ago too. I didn't know it was from my being hypothyroid. I thought it was because I had foolishly been a smoker for so many years. I will have to remember to ask at my next check if I have built up more bone mass now, since I've been a non-smoker for a long time now.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Leo...thanks for the encouraging words. We have a type of Curves circuit at the Y that I'm thinking of doing a couple times a week for the strength training part of it. I notice as time goes on my ankles and hips are starting to bother me also and just REFUSE to become immobile!

Leisa...there's nothing worse than a bad back. Please take care of yourself.

RF....11lb in 3 weeks is just phenomenol!!! I hope I can see those kind of results.
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #127

Quote:
I am absolutely thrilled for you!!!!! You are just rockin' it! And you deserve the good results you are getting. Eleven pounds lost in just three weeks is fantastic. And 2.8 pounds lost in just this last week is fantastic too.

You're going to be a sculpted slim beauty this summer for sure!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hi everyone..

Leisa...so sorry to hear about your back. I too have back issues. I hope u feel better soon. If after a week the chiropractor is not helping please seek out your docter for a consult.

Hubby and I had wine last night and I woke up starving. I decided to make today a moderate day instead of a DD. I know if I did not do that I would of wound up messing up completly. I had a huge breakfast then went to the gym. Feeling much better now that I did not force the DD. ? time of month or the wine!!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #129
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
RealFood- Congratulations on the loss! You're doing absolutely fantastic

When I worked out on a DD, I not only became ravenous, but I was 'wiped out' for the rest of the day. I don't think we have enough food on DDs to sustain any true exercise. In this case, Dr. J is right--avoid working out on DDs.

Leisa-
I don't know the specific cause of your back pain, but I'll share my experience. When I was in my 40s, arthritic changes in my back caused me excruciating pain--bone pressing on nerves. In fact, one orthopedist told me that I'd be in a wheelchair within 20 years. A really good doctor put me on bed rest after one attack, but that only helped temporarily. At that time, my boss (who also had back problems) told me that swimming is absolutely the best thing for any back issues.

That's actually how I became a lap swimmer, and I think it's significant that in the past 30 years, the only time my back problems returned was when I injured my shoulder and couldn't swim for about 6 months.

By the way, an excellent orthopedist told me to absolutely stay away from chiropracters (which I have), but that could be because of my specific problem.

Jodi-
If TOM is approaching, I suspect that as the cause of your hunger. Happily, I am well past TOM, but I remember vividly that a day or two before, I could eat anything and everything--and not be satisfied. I was constantly hungry. It's amazing what hormones can do! Wine has never caused me any problems with either loss or hunger. One glass is usually my limit, however.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I have been exploring around the board and I have notice lots of people
use acv. if you do will you tell me why and if it works for you.

And a big hi to you all. congrats to the ones that have lost.
And if you are feeling down or ill or are in pain I hope things look
better real soon.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #131
Senior LCF member

Dasiey -
A while back (pre-JUDDD) when I was just doing generic low carb, I bought the Bragg's ACV and followed their "protocol." It did absolutely nothing for me in terms of appetite or weight loss.

I like the flavor of ACV and tend to use that as my standard vinegar, but I don't expect anything else from it.

When I read all the claims people make for it, I suspect there's a 'placebo' effect at work.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Leo I was wondering a friend of mine thinks its a cure all.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dasiey,

We use organic, raw ACV with the mother for several reasons.

My husband has reflux and when he remembers to drink some ACV, his reflux is not as bad.

ACV can stop vomiting in its tracks. My husband gets migraines and with them he vomits non-stop. Drinking ACV can stop the vomiting completely for him and it comes back, he takes more ACV and it even stops the nausea.

My husband again <g>, gets cold sores IN his mouth that are very painful. When he gets these, he drinks ACV and they clear up faster than anything else he has tried. When he remembers to drink his ACV regularly, he doesn't get as many cold sores in his mouth or on his lips.

I use it in my daughter's bath (just did this night before last) when she has a fever and it brings the fever down better than with a plain bath.

I drink it in my water with stevia and it does help my tummy. I'm sipping on some now and my hunger is lessened. Now, it isn't an appetite suppressant per se, but it does help me more than the water alone.

None of these things could be attributed to placebo effect because we've tried them with and without the ACV. Each person is different and react differently to things, that much I know. And I know *for us* organic, raw ACV with mother is an important part of our healthy regime and it treats some problems we have come up.

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 02-06-2011 at 02:23 PM..
Old 02-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

RF what does it mean with mother?
Old 02-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It means that the enzymes that are part of it when it ferments and ages remain and are not strained out. I shake up the bottle each time I use the ACV to get all the nutrients. The mother has the most nutrients. I buy either Bragg's or Eden organic, raw ACV with mother. Raw and organic is important as well.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Leo--oh wow wow wow, what an amazing woman you are! I am so thrilled to celebrate your success, and so honored that you share your experience and wisdom with us. I can't wait to tag along as you begin your maintenance journey.

RealFood--wow wow wow, what a great start to your JUDDDing. I can only hope for similar success--my first two weeks were great, but I haven't been able to weigh since we left on this trip and won't know how I did until we get home later this month. My goal is to come home 3 pounds lower than when I left, which would be a 1# per week loss, similar to Leo's. I would be delighted with that rate.

Re ACV - I tried it, like it, but didn't notice it doing a thing for me.

Today is my planned UD and I'm already off to a bad start but heck, it's Super Bowl Sunday and my team is in it...cause for celebration! The timeshare where we're staying had a wine and cheese social earlier this afternoon, and I had two small glasses of dry white wine and some cheese, and later tonight they are having a pizza and beer buffet for the game...eek. I'm not a beer drinker but I do love pizza. I'm going to eat a bit before we go to take the edge off but am sure that between the social and the party I'll go above my daily UP cals. That's okay, DD tomorrow.

On Tuesday, which is fortunately an UD, we're having a resort-wide "Iron Chef" competition. I think it will be fun!

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It means that the enzymes that are part of it when it ferments and ages remain and are not strained out. I shake up the bottle each time I use the ACV to get all the nutrients. The mother has the most nutrients. I buy either Bragg's or Eden organic, raw ACV with mother. Raw and organic is important as well.
haha! I was trying to figure out the connection with your mother.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surfnmom
Stats: 182.4/182.4/135 (5'5)
WOE: juddd/5:2
Start Date: 4/5/13
Good afternoon all.
I did the acv a few years ago when I got the cravings,munchies and it would definitely kill the urge for a while.
Today is my UD and went out to eat at a buffet and kinda stuffed. My bad. That was at 1:30 and I am still stuffed. Don't plan on eating anything else but my have a snack before bed.
Now in reading the juddd rules you don't have to worry about the UD right(calorie wise).
I still have kinda got a guilt thing going.

Have fun to all doing the Superbowl parties
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

RL thanks for all the info....
Leisa thats funny. thats why I asked
Old 02-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom View Post
Good afternoon all.
I did the acv a few years ago when I got the cravings,munchies and it would definitely kill the urge for a while.
Today is my UD and went out to eat at a buffet and kinda stuffed. My bad. That was at 1:30 and I am still stuffed. Don't plan on eating anything else but my have a snack before bed.
Now in reading the juddd rules you don't have to worry about the UD right(calorie wise).

It does say in the beginning not to focus on calories on uds.
But I have to tell you if I eat to where I feel super stuffed I gain
a few pounds its most likely water. and it takes me a couple dds to get rid of it, I learned all my lessons the hard way.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom View Post
Good afternoon all.

That's kind of a 'YES' and a 'NO' sort of answer.

Your DDs are best at 500 calories per day or lower. Your UD calories should ideally be at about your true maintenance level. That way the DD calories will bring that UD level way down, to a true weight loss level when you average those two days together. That's what makes your UD calories not take over and undo the whole thing.

If you can eat on your UDs at a reasonable calorie level without measuring and counting, and and your UD calories are usually pretty much in the ballpark of your maintenance needs, you won't have to worry about anything.

But, if you are one to eat quite a bit over and above your maintenance needs if you don't track your intake, it is my best advice that you measure and count UD calories too. Else it won't be worth doing the DDs of fasting if the UDs are just so enormous (calorie-wise) that they just undo all your hard work from the DDs.

And, no... once in awhile doesn't undo this diet and make it all fall apart, but if you overdo on DDs, you'll slow things down. And if you overdo on UDs, you'll also slow things down.

So if you're not going to count calories on your UDs, just make sure they aren't too far UP Days.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening JUDDD'ers!

I hope y'all are well and safe!

Leisa:
How are you feeling? You are in my prayers!

How did y'all survive the SB parties?

Daughter is still sick, but better and we watched lots of great TV movies, hanging out in my big ol' bed.

I had a MD today and you know, I REALLY like MDs better than even UP days or DDs. It just seems to be enough food, but not too much!

I hope y'all have a great evening and look forward to reading your posts about today.

G'night y'all!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: annamazing
Stats: 287.6/273.0/170
WOE: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Start Date: Jan 7, 2014
So happy i found this thread...I am desperate to try something new...

For people who have done this diet for a period of time...what are your thoughts?
annamazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:05 AM   #144
Senior LCF member

Anna-
You might be better off asking us specific questions about your concerns rather than seeking our 'thoughts.' There are just so many aspects to all this that I don't know how to respond and would like to be helpful to you.

RealFood-
Your comment about your daughter hanging out in your 'big ol' bed' during her illness (hope she's better today!) brought back memories of my distant childhood. Whenever we were ill, my mother put us in her 'big ol' bed' during the day, and it seemed like such a treat!

I realize now that there was a reason--our bedrooms were way at the back of our apartment, but our parents' bedroom was at the front, adjacent to the living room and kitchen. This made it easier for her to keep her eye on us throughout the day. But it was nice to be in that bed--a special treat that compensated for those measles and chicken pox.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
RealFood-
Your comment about your daughter hanging out in your 'big ol' bed' during her illness (hope she's better today!) brought back memories of my distant childhood. Whenever we were ill, my mother put us in her 'big ol' bed' during the day, and it seemed like such a treat!

I realize now that there was a reason--our bedrooms were way at the back of our apartment, but our parents' bedroom was at the front, adjacent to the living room and kitchen. This made it easier for her to keep her eye on us throughout the day. But it was nice to be in that bed--a special treat that compensated for those measles and chicken pox.
Oh Leo, how precious! Thank you for sharing that.
We do that with all our kids, when they are sick, they come into our big ol' snuggly, comfy bed! When they were little sometimes they would sleep with us (in between hubby and I) and when they were sick, we just moved them into our bed to take care of them, during the day and night.

Our Princess, as we call her, is our baby of the family and at 11, she is very much still a little girl in many ways. Her conception, birth and the fact that she is alive are all miracles (over and above the wonderful miracles that all children are!), because she was not supposed to be here and she was not given much chance to live. But live she did and now we cannot imagine life without her!

However, her start was rocky and she spent much of her early days in our bed, making sure she was breathing and then as she got older, she developed asthma and she gets sick very, very easily, even now.

She HATES being in her own room, but she's so big, she cannot sleep between her Daddy and I anymore, so, when she gets sick, her Daddy lets her have his space and he moves to another room and she is happy as a clam that I am with her 24/7.

LOL, sorry, that was prolly more than you wanted to know :blush:

Anyway, thank you LEO, for such a sweet post.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:44 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back again!

Good Morning JUddd'ers! HAPPY MONDAY!!! Whooo HOOOO!

I feel energized today! After a really great MD and 30 more minutes on the Gazelle yesterday, I am switching up my days today. I am planning a DD today because this weekend is my hubby and my 28th wedding anniversary and I want to make something special for supper, so I need that day to be an UP.

BUT, it works out GREAT by going back to the MD on the next day and then the next day I'm right back on my original schedule! THIS JUDDD is TOO COOL!!

So, today is actually a DD. Is that OK (by the book) to have a DD after an MD?

I may take my daughter to the drs if she is not any better when she wakes up. We'll see. I don't want to wake her yet.

Leisa: How are you feeling?

How did everyone do yesterday?

I hope you all have an EXCELLENT day today!!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
I have been exploring around the board and I have notice lots of people
use acv. if you do will you tell me why and if it works for you.
Hi Dasiey,

I was reading in the Main Lobby and there is a current thread on ACV you and your friend might enjoy:

What is ACV and what does it do for you?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:05 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
RF....hope you're daughter is feeling better today and a trip to the doctor's isn't necessary. I believe that a DD following a MD is just fine....only restrictions I know of is no two DD's together.

Today is a DD for me too! (my 2nd) This time around I'm counting calories EVERY day and was really pleased the way my UD turned out yesterday. I am shooting for 1800 calorie UD's and we were with friends for the Super Bowl festivities....yeah GB!! I didn't go over my calorie limit and felt very much in control. In the past, UD's were my undoing.

Anna.... I have just started JUDD (once again) on Friday. This is a very friendly, supportive group of ladies with lots of great information. I think the beauty of JUDD is that you don't feel like you're on a "diet" every day and is so easily adjustable to your social schedule. Everyone seems to work it a little differently to suit their lifestyle and eating habits (some LC, some not). I'm sure those with more experience will be glad to answer any of your questions.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html

Last edited by onceNforall; 02-07-2011 at 07:06 AM..
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:21 AM   #149
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamazing View Post
So happy i found this thread...I am desperate to try something new...

For people who have done this diet for a period of time...what are your thoughts?
Well I can tell you my thoughts its great.
You can plan events around it where their
might be food. Please read the thread lots
of good advice.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Dasiey,

I was reading in the Main Lobby and there is a current thread on ACV you and your friend might enjoy:

What is ACV and what does it do for you?
I did read that I see lots of mixed reviews.
I started Lcing with my Juddd yesterday.