Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Good morning everyone! UD today. I woke up with horrible pain in my left shoulder...I always have pain there but it's worse today. Am trying not to sit, stand or anything else for very long. Kind of a yucky day here but it's Friday! Usually we have our homeschool co-op on Friday but not today so I'm enjoying a more relaxed day...reading to my girls more and just enjoying being in the house. Hope everyone has a warm, safe and enjoyable day.
Leisa,

I'm so sorry your shoulder is hurting! I pray for quick relief!
YES, it's a good day to stay indoors and snuggle with the wee ones. I've got one sick and we are not doing school with her, just letting her rest and watch movies in bed.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Welcome Gates!

Everyone sets their days differently.
From what I understand, it's important NOT to do 2 DDs in a row and it's best to simply alternate days.

Personally, I like a set schedule, so mine is M-W-F are UP days (1,500 cals and 30-40 carbs) because I go to a buffet dinner every Friday. T-T-S are DD's (500 cals and 20 carbs) and Sunday is a MD for me. I do a MD (1,000 cals and 30 carbs) because I cannot do 2 DD's in a row.

Do what works best for you.
Thanks realfoodliving...seem like a very good plan you've got there...i might just follow in your footsteps...except the reverse... saturdays are special for me and hubby,we seem to eat a little bit more with an occasional glass of wine...but i do like the amount of calories and carbs you give yourself..it seem perfect for me...how much weight have you lost since you started JUDD?
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Realfood I hope your daughter feels well soon.
And yes pray for Leisa we know it works.

Kind I am glad you got your subway.
Your husband must be very nice to go
out in that cold. But then again it was your
birthday.
Did you have cake and ice cream?
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
CONGRATS DAISEY...ON YOUR NEW JOB...YOU MUST BE SO HAPPY NO MORE NIDNIGHT SHIFTS....
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

gaets thanks. its such a relief......
I hope you like juddding as much as I do.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Thanks realfoodliving...seem like a very good plan you've got there...i might just follow in your footsteps...except the reverse... saturdays are special for me and hubby,we seem to eat a little bit more with an occasional glass of wine...but i do like the amount of calories and carbs you give yourself..it seem perfect for me...how much weight have you lost since you started JUDD?
Hi Gaetes!

I've lost 34 total and 10 of it since the 16th of January when I started JUDDD. That is about 2 3/4 weeks on JUDDD.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
Okay, I might try this sometime! I just need to find 500 calorie menus and such. Thanks, all!
alonewithyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Way to go Real food.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #99
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Hi Gaetes!

I've lost 34 total and 10 of it since the 16th of January when I started JUDDD. That is about 2 3/4 weeks on JUDDD.
Amazing weight loss, RFL! TEN pounds gone in just over 2 weeks is absolutely amazing. How exciting this must be. Congratulations.

Hope your little gal feels better tomorrow. I was sorry to hear that she felt worse today instead of better. Try to get some sleep yourself so you don't get sick too.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:40 AM   #100
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Weekly Weigh In Down to 151.5 this morning, which represents a 5lb loss from last week, but the scale didn't move much in January, so I suspect this morning's weight represents a few weeks of loss that my body was resisting.

However, it's so unbelievable that I'm not claiming it yet in my stats. (I did get on the scale twice, sure that the number was scale error, but I got the same number the second time. Even if it's closer to 153, I'm at the lower end of my goal range, so it's time to get serious about JUDDD maintenance, and next week I'll give my new DD/UD routine a try.

JUDDD works--I now have lost over 100lbs on JUDDD over the past 25 months--without any 'stalls' along the way. I began at 254.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:24 AM   #101

HUGE Congratulations, Leo! That is an impressive accomplishment, and I can imagine how completely thrilled you are. I'm very, very happy for you.

I expect that number on the scale was correct. I'll be looking forward to your reports about your maintenance efforts and your results. Your plan sounds like it should work wonderfully.

Have a wonderful day! And just let me say Congratulations once again.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:12 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Weekly Weigh In Down to 151.5 this morning, which represents a 5lb loss from last week, but the scale didn't move much in January, so I suspect this morning's weight represents a few weeks of loss that my body was resisting.

However, it's so unbelievable that I'm not claiming it yet in my stats. (I did get on the scale twice, sure that the number was scale error, but I got the same number the second time. Even if it's closer to 153, I'm at the lower end of my goal range, so it's time to get serious about JUDDD maintenance, and next week I'll give my new DD/UD routine a try.

JUDDD works--I now have lost over 100lbs on JUDDD over the past 25 months--without any 'stalls' along the way. I began at 254.

YAYAYYYYYYYY!!!!!
LEO! Awesome!!

You are such an inspiration to me and all of us. You just walk the walk and keep on going no matter what. We all can learn so much from you.

I too look forward to reading your posts as you move into maintenance.

I hope you are ridiculously happy and celebrating!!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning everyone!

I had a good UD yesterday and didn't overdo it since we didn't go to the buffet for supper! LOL! AND I was able to get in 30 minutes on the Gazelle!

Today is a DD and I am hoping to lose at least a pound for my next Weigh In on Sunday. I want to be at 183 this week as the 170's look closer and closer!!

I hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:43 AM   #104

Quote:
Morning everyone!

I had a good UD yesterday and didn't overdo it since we didn't go to the buffet for supper! LOL! AND I was able to get in 30 minutes on the Gazelle!

Today is a DD and I am hoping to lose at least a pound for my next Weigh In on Sunday. I want to be at 183 this week as the 170's look closer and closer!!

I hope everyone has a great day today!
You are doing so fabulously, I'll bet you make it. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and cheering you on!

Have a great DD.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Leo--you are amazing. Simply amazing. I have never stopped following your progress because it is so incredibly inspirational to me. I couldn't be happier for you!
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Have a great DD.
You too my friend! I'm anxious to hear how well your DD went today!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Leo--you are amazing. Simply amazing. I have never stopped following your progress because it is so incredibly inspirational to me. I couldn't be happier for you!

YESSSSSSSS She is to me as well!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surfnmom
Stats: 182.4/182.4/135 (5'5)
WOE: juddd/5:2
Start Date: 4/5/13
Wow it was great getting on this morning and seeing such success and positive post on how well juddd works. And everyone is so happy.

Being the new (old) kid on the block it makes me feel good and makes me want to succeed on juddd grats to all of you.

Today is a DD for me. Yesterday went well, but I think DD seem to be much easier as the food choices are few and I already know what I'm eating for the day. UD I did get a little consumed on counting my calories (wanting to stay within my Zone) But I have to say this is pretty cool lol

Leo Grats on the weight loss and will be watching as you inter into maintenance. I look forward to all the great information that you will be sharing.

Realfoods Grats 10 pounds in less then 3 weeks wow I hope to do 10 pounds in a month. and I truly would be happy with that.

Have a great day everyone
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hi everyone. I am doing well. My weight is still up from being in the hospital but it's coming down.

Leo Big congratulations!!! It's good to have a couple pounds to play with while u find figure out your maintenance plan.

Realfood... I hope your daughter feels better. It can be a challenge to stay on plan when u r lacking sleep...

Daisey.... Good luck at your new job. I was never a night person but I have to rotate to nights as a nurse. I find that I am messed up for days after but I am only doing one here and there so it makes it hard.

I usually am on an every other day schedule but will throw in a moderate day if I need to switch it.

Welcome to the newcomers!!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Ouiziod thank u for the English muffin recipe! I made them this morning. If you have not seen it go take a look on the recipe thread. Great to make a sandwich.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Jodi! So glad you liked it! You can make it without cheese for an even lower calorie english muffin--those tweaks are toward the end of the thread.

Has anyone found the laughing cow lite flavoured wedges? Today I mixed the Southwestern eggbeaters with a chipotle queso laughing cow, some spinach and bell pepper and nuked in a cup. How delicious for about 75 calories!
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Jodi! So glad you liked it! You can make it without cheese for an even lower calorie english muffin--those tweaks are toward the end of the thread.

Has anyone found the laughing cow lite flavoured wedges? Today I mixed the Southwestern eggbeaters with a chipotle queso laughing cow, some spinach and bell pepper and nuked in a cup. How delicious for about 75 calories!
I buy the Aldi Foods lite wedges. Fabulous flavor and only 25 calories. But also only the one flavor. Nice little snack though.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #113
Senior LCF member

Ouis- When Kisha was here, she was a great fan of Laughing Cow and used it much as you describe.

Alas, no dairy for me these days.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Afternoon Y'all!

Now I understand why Dr. Johnson said you shouldn't exercise on DDs. I wasn't hungry until AFTER I Gazelle'd for 30 minutes. Now, I'm hungry! And I ate beforehand so my blood glucose would be stable. Ahhh well, lesson learned.

How is everyone doing today?
Old 02-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks Jodi. midnights are hard.

today is md' because tomorrow is super bowl.
we are having some hot wings and who knows
what else. no sweets.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:00 AM   #116
Senior LCF member

RealFood-
Yes, one reason I chose M, W, Fri for my DDs is that I always go to my health club on Tues, Thurs, Sat (or Sun), and I didn't want to work out on DDs. I did it once and realized why it's not a good idea.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:04 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
I Can't Believe I'm Back Again.....

Hi All....just a little background for all the new faces since I've been here last. I've "toyed" with JUDD on several occasions in the past couple of years, but always sabotaged myself with totally out of control UD's. I've decided to try once again because deep in my heart of hearts, I believe it's the lifestyle that will work for me. Also, in the span of all that time, I have never failed to read the day's postings on this board!! I'm hooked!!

LEO...I am just SOOOO proud and happy for you!!! I'm sure you never dreamed one day you would be at 151lb and facing the dilemma of maintenance. You continue to be an inspiration to all, and certainly the reason I have never given up hope on JUDD.

I actually started on Friday with a DD (500) and even managed a MD (1100) yesterday. Today, naturally with a Super Bowl party to attend, will be an UD for me. I will be counting my calories EVERY day this time and plan on doing 500-600 calorie DD, 1200 calorie (or less) MD and 1800 calorie UD. That works out to average 1200/day for me and hopefully I might be able to lose 2lb/week on that....although I will be happy to just see the scales continually progress downward. I will do the MWF DD rotation with S&S being MD/UD depending on the social plans for the weekend. I really feel like I need to set those expectations for myself in order to succeed.

So glad to be back in the fold again, and this time with so many new faces. Have been doing WW on and off last year and actually lost 30lb between May and October, but then ( new medication/vacation/holidays) and managed to gain 15 of it back....very discouraging. I'm 64 and need to lose weight for a total knee replacement (MD wants me down to at most 225). I've been very lax with my water aerobics also since September and need to start feeling positive about myself once again....OnceNforall!!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:38 AM   #118

Sherrie, I'm so happy to meet you and welcome back. We're having quite a few new people come aboard, including me. LOL

I hate to hear you are looking at a knee replacement surgery coming up. Is it scheduled yet or just 'in the future' sometime? I'm hoping that you will lose the weight you want, even matching Leo's wonderful loss, and it will be discovered that you don't need that surgery anymore.

I'll be making plenty of my DH's request for 'all the good stuff' for Superbowl. Why is it that he is the one who eats most of this stuff, and I'm the one who put on too much extra weight? I have a plan though... I'm just going to make a couple of servings of most of the foods and when Superbowl is over, the food will be gone too. Except for the Snickers Ice Cream Cake in the shape of a football that I bought for him. (sigh.....)

Glad you are here. Be sure to come over to the JUDDD Menu & Recipe thread too, as we usually post over there quite a bit also, especially when we are talking about our foods and what we eat and posting daily menus for accountability, etc.

Good luck to you here! I absolutely LOVE this concept and find that I appreciate the 'lean belly' feeling of DDs almost as much as I appreciate NOT HAVING TO BE ON A DIET on the UDs. And I especially appreciate NOT having a list of food I must limit my eating to, and a list of foods that I am forbidden to eat from! I appreciate being able to eat a whole lot more like I did back in the 1940s and 1950s when I was a child and we ate a little of everything and portion control came naturally. I'm 67 years old, 68 in May, so have a slower old metabolism than I did when I was a youngster just in my 50s and 40s. But JUDDD works for me, and it works comfortably. So I have to repeat it.... I love it!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:22 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
SoHappy....have really enjoyed reading your posts and philosophy and point of view. You seem very grounded and I'm so pleased JUDD has been working for you to maintain and now to lose a few more pounds also....it gives me HOPE!

We are going to the friends' home that I've been doing WW with, so our menu is all planned out (much to the disgruntled guys' dismay...although my hubby is sneaking in his cheese/pepperoni/crackers) and I should be able to stick to my planned 1800 calories for the day. That will certainly be a FIRST for a Super Bowl Sunday!

I definitely plan on catching up with the DD menu thread and participating there also....haven't been "lurking" there, so it may take a while.

Forgot to answer your question about the knee surgery....not scheduled yet, but would love to be down to a weight that I could have it by October. I think it may be too much to hope for that getting the weight off would do the trick, as I've been "bone-on-bone" for a number of years. Nothing would make me happier, though!!

Last edited by onceNforall; 02-06-2011 at 06:24 AM..
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #120
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
SO glad to see you back! I think you're right on about counting on both DDs and UDs. I always have to do that because the first time I did an UD, I couldn't believe how quickly the calories added up! If I just ate 'normally' on UDs, I know my calories would be way high (probably because I don't have any 'normal' in my body ). I have always 'counted' on both UDs and DDs--although sometimes I give myself a 'free' day on the weekend where I don't count--but I also eat strictly low carb on that day.

If you lose enough, you may be able to avoid knee surgery (if you want to). I've been bone-on-bone for years, and on my last visit to the surgeon, I was all set to schedule the surgery for this spring because I figured it's inevitable, so why not now? He advised against it! He said that I seemed to be coping fine, and that I should not do it unless I am 'desperate.' He added that the pain could 'break through' at any time, and he'd then schedule me right away, but there was no reason to do it unless I am truly uncomfortable. So I figured why not delay it, since they now do this surgery even for people in their 90s--and, besides, as I told the surgeon, I'm no spring chicken, so I might die of something else before I need this surgery--he laughed.

Since then, I've been doing strength training on the machines at my health club, mainly because my latest bone scan showed the beginning of osteopenia in my hips. (Both hypothyroid and the supplmental hormones can cause bone loss, which is why my endo does regular bone scans.) As you know, we arthritics don't do any weight bearing exercise, and even walking (I tried) is out because of my knees (and ankles), but the strength work is supposed to be just as good for the bones, if not better.

In any case, since I started doing that, I feel even better about my knees. I focus on the large muscles of the hips/thighs, and, as you probably know, strengthening muscles is the best thing for compensating for weak joints. It's been true because I walk with a lot more confidence now and feel much better.