Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Leo I am glad you didn't get alot of ice. My car is still covered.
I have to get it cleaned off. I have to go fill out paper work for
my new job. I am putting my 2 week notice in and hopefully no
more midnights.

I ate midnights its very hard on me. I don't know when to start
a dd or end a ud. thats one of the reasons I started fast 5.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surfnmom
Stats: 182.4/182.4/135 (5'5)
WOE: juddd/5:2
Start Date: 4/5/13
dasiey
I did the midnight thing for 2 years and can relate. Its a totally different world to live in. You till everyone goodnight at 7 am and good morning at ten pm. and have a good weekend in the middle of the week lol. After being home and back to regular days I still wake up at 2am lunch time.

SoHappy
the one thing I would love to get out of this is to stop thinking about food all the time, what can I eat, is this allowed. I don't have the special foods. It gets to the point that my whole day revolves around food.

I think it was Leo in one of the threads that their dd is the same basically. So once I figure what is good food choices for me on the dd then I well just do that.

put a pot of veggie soup on the stove total for the whole pot is 270.5 calories. After I get it boiling will put it in the crock-pot so it will be my go to food today. I will still have 229.5 calories to go for egg white sandwiches. Love the slicing the bread to get 2 pieces out of 1. haven't tried it yet, but may later.

Going with my son to the store later so will pick up the few things I need for the DD's
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
Hi Ladies...

I did give JUDD's way of eating a test a couple of years ago...i was doing great but i went away on vacation i never went back into it (don't know why)...well i'm ready now...just like surfnmom i'm in my menopause and the weight is coming back with a vengeance...i've got the book,took it out and been reading it ...and i'm so ready to give it a good try i've always done calorie counting and i did stop for awhile..

Did Belly Fat cure and W.W. and nothing seem to be doing the trick...so now i'm giving JUDD another try...

I'll be starting on monday...going to visit my granddaughter this week-end...so it's not the time to give it my all...i'm going to enjoy my week-end with her

I've got one guestion... how do most of you figure your days...

DD on monday,wednesday and friday
UD on tuesday,thrusday,saturday
MD(medium day)on sunday (if there's such a thing),and then restart

Daisey .,...are you the one that was with me on the C.C. days a while back??
Sohappy...you're info and your knowledge is formidable on this program...you're very well inform...i'm glad this program agrees with you...keep it up...

I'll be back on sunday...

~~~GAETS~~~

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-03-2011 at 10:12 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom View Post
dasiey
I did the midnight thing for 2 years and can relate. Its a totally different world to live in. You till everyone goodnight at 7 am and good morning at ten pm. and have a good weekend in the middle of the week lol. After being home and back to regular days I still wake up at 2am lunch time.

SoHappy
the one thing I would love to get out of this is to stop thinking about food all the time, what can I eat, is this allowed. I don't have the special foods. It gets to the point that my whole day revolves around food.

I think it was Leo in one of the threads that their dd is the same basically. So once I figure what is good food choices for me on the dd then I well just do that.

put a pot of veggie soup on the stove total for the whole pot is 270.5 calories. After I get it boiling will put it in the crock-pot so it will be my go to food today. I will still have 229.5 calories to go for egg white sandwiches. Love the slicing the bread to get 2 pieces out of 1. haven't tried it yet, but may later.

Going with my son to the store later so will pick up the few things I need for the DD's
surfnmom, sounds like you're off to a good start. Once you have pretty much got your DD menu and foods figured out, if you want to do the same thing pretty much each one of those days, it couldn't be easier than that. And, as you say, it will just free up so much thought about it.

Good luck to you. I think you'll do really well!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Hi Ladies...

I did give JUDD's way of eating a test a couple of years ago...i was doing great but i went away on vacation i never went back into it (don't know why)...well i'm ready now...just like surfnmom i'm in my menopause and the weight is coming back with a vengeance...i've got the book,took it out and been reading it ...and i'm so ready to give it a good try i've always done calorie counting and i did stop for awhile..

Did Belly Fat cure and W.W. and nothing seem to be doing the trick...so now i'm giving JUDD another try...

I'll be starting on monday...going to visit my granddaughter this week-end...so it's not the time to give it my all...i'm going to enjoy my week-end with her

I've got one guestion... how do most of you figure your days...

DD on monday,wednesday and friday
UD on tuesday,thrusday,saturday
MD(medium day)on sunday (if there's such a thing),and then restart

Daisey .,...are you the one that was with me on the C.C. days a while back??
Sohappy...you're info and your knowledge is formidable on this program...you're very well inform...i'm glad this program agrees with you...keep it up...

I'll be back on sunday...
mommy_gates, Yay! So glad you've decided to do JUDDD again and join us here! I just love it and it works, so why wouldn't I be happy?

I'm fairly new to this, originally doing this in maintenance, and that worked so well and so easily that I was inspired to try some weight loss with this plan too, and that is going along just wonderfully too. But calorie restriction plans and diets and intermittent eating programs have been around for a long time, so few new 'rules' to the game.

As to knowing about this plan... it is so very, very basic that there isn't a great complicated amount to know. After that, it's just a matter of how many days, weeks, months, or years you've been following the plan. I believe that Leo has been following it the longest here, at least of the folks who post on this thread. I think I'm one of the newer ones. But I've followed with interest many of the studies on calorie restriction diets over the years, so this feels very familiar to me.

We all pretty much do whatever UD-DD cycle works best for us. Personally, I do very, very few MDs. I'm just UD and then DD forever, unless I have something coming up where I'll be wanting to indulge myself with the fun foods being offered, and then I'll throw a MD into the mix to move my UD-DD schedule forward by a notch. Gotta' enjoy those special times in life that also include food. I don't go overboard. Stay pretty much within my UD calorie range. But to my way of thinking, food is part of the joy of life and living it, and I don't intend to skip any of that at this late date in my life!

I think there are others here who keep to a fairly rigid schedule for their days, and that works well for them.

Whatever you decide. Another great thing about JUDDD. It works however you want it to work for you. Easy-peasy.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Gaets. yes its me. and this has been my home for 4 mts now.
Its nice to see you
Welcome
Old 02-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi. every one.My pc was out. Did well with the snow, have 15 inches.
Today is a ud for me. Today is my birthday and I feel great.
Take care and welcome to all new comers.
Just started taking Flax seed oil.
Kind.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Kind.
Happy, HAPPY Birthday, Kind. I'm so glad you're back with us today.

Were you without electricity for awhile with this storm?

Glad you're back. Enjoy your UD.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
I have to get it cleaned off. I have to go fill out paper work for my new job.
WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO DAISEY!! This is the one we prayed for, right??
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Kind.
Happy Birthday Dear Kind!!
So glad you're OK with the snow!
Have a great birthday!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Gates!

Everyone sets their days differently.
From what I understand, it's important NOT to do 2 DDs in a row and it's best to simply alternate days.

Personally, I like a set schedule, so mine is M-W-F are UP days (1,500 cals and 30-40 carbs) because I go to a buffet dinner every Friday. T-T-S are DD's (500 cals and 20 carbs) and Sunday is a MD for me. I do a MD (1,000 cals and 30 carbs) because I cannot do 2 DD's in a row.

Do what works best for you.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
KIND! Enjoy your day!

Congrats on the new job Dasiey!

DD for me today and it's a hard one, but I'm NOT giving in! I know I can do it..just finding this one harder in part due to the fact that I've been looking at online coupons to take to the grocery store....thinking about food on a dd is not good, lol!

Enjoy your day today and I hope all of you with snow stay safe and do not lose power!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, every one on Birthday wishes.
Kind.
Daisey. So glad you will have the job you will like. and No Midnights.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Happy birthday, Kind!

About set days for UPs/DDs, here's what the book says:

Q. I don't want to do down days on the weekend. Can I do them on Monday, Wednesday and Friday?

A. Many people find it easiest to do Monday, Wednesday and Friday as down days and make either Saturday or Sunday or both up days. This works well and clearly maintains activation of the anti-inflammatory process. Most people eat more on weekends, however, probably because they are not distracted by work and engage in more social activity. So if you are trying to lose weight on the Alternate Day Diet, you should exercise caution and keep an up-to-the-minute food log to remain conscious of what you are eating. As soon as you eat something, write it down.
Another strategy would be to make Sunday an "in-between" day, meaning that you still restrict to some extent but eat more than you would on a regular down day. Some Alternate Day dieters have found that this works for them, while others have found that calculating in-between day calories just adds to their stress and, therefore, becomes counterproductive. It's a matter of knowing yourself and what works for you.

Since I have a standing dinner and cooking project on Tuesdays, I've opted to make M/W/F my DDs and Tu/Th and either Saturday or Sunday an up day depending on my plans. This weekend, for example, we're surely going to attend a Super Bowl party so it will be my UD. Saturday will be a MD.

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #75
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Happy Birthday, Kind & Congratulations on the new job, dasiey!

Donna- I do my alternation exactly the way you described. I've found that it's been helpful to me having the same DDs each week (so that I don't wake up expecting an UD, only to discover it's a DD!!).
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
I have to go fill out paper work for
my new job.
I am putting my 2 week notice in and hopefully no
more midnights.
Dasiey. Oh My Gosh! I'm so happy for you. I don't know how I missed this post, but I didn't realize you got the new job until Leo's mention.

Congratulations! That's just wonderful. I know you were hating working nights. Yay!
Old 02-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Kind.
Did you go to subway..mmmmmmmm
Old 02-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO DAISEY!! This is the one we prayed for, right??
right thank you
Old 02-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you all for the congrats. I am so happy
Old 02-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Daisey. Yes, went to Subway.{ Hubby went for me.}To cold.] Also got cole slaw, and baked chips.{Took home{
I could have had, steak or any thing . But thought to self. Eat subway 6in. and it won't hurt that bad even, if I have cake and ice cream. Back on dd Friday and take it from there.

kind
Old 02-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Leo - I got the idea of the set days from your posts! I had done some reading of the old JUDDD threads before deciding to try the diet, and your system made so much sense to me.

I'm reading the book and it's okay, but I don't feel like I'm learning anything from it that I haven't already learned from you expert JUDDDers here!

Up day today. I had a Ouizoid English Muffin with melted provolone cheese for breakfast, forgot to eat lunch so had a slim fast bar while we were out and about, and made some awesome lamb stew for dinner. Since night eating is a problem for me no matter what plan I follow, I made up some konjac pudding in anticipation of the hungries attacking later tonight--tried a new flavor, I'll report on how it tastes.

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:20 AM   #82
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Donna- Yes, the book doesn't really have much more info than is on the official JUDDD website (in terms of the basis of the plan and how to do it). It has a lot of recipes, but they had too many carbs for me.

I actually only bought the book because I found the plan so good for me that I wanted to give Dr. J some royalties (although the book was so cheap that I don't think he got much:-)

About your late-night munchies--on another board I read for primal eating, a lot of the posters say that when you are hungry at night, you haven't had enough food at your meals. When that happens to me on an UD, I realize it's true. But sometimes it's also because our body responds to our habits. That is, if I customarily have a snack at 9 pm, my body will 'signal' hunger at that hour even if I've had enough food. That's what makes it so difficult to change eating that's just 'habit.' Our bodies have some to expect the food and 'bother' us if they don't get it
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:23 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
According to the calculator on the JUDDD site I have to eat 339 calories on the down day and 1696 on my up day! Isn't that a bit low?
alonewithyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonewithyou View Post
According to the calculator on the JUDDD site I have to eat 339 calories on the down day and 1696 on my up day! Isn't that a bit low?
That's basically what it is for me too, but I think that's right. That's why I combine JUDDD with Fast 5 because if I eat all day long, I'd go over that but I can have a very satisfying meal with dessert in the evening and be happy. I don't count calories though and if I have a day where I eat more then I know it may slow my weightloss but I find I continue to lose on this woe even if it's at a slower pace.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:57 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonewithyou View Post
The JUDDD site calculated my calorie need level way higher than any other site I visited to calculate, so I thought it was just plainly too high and generous. LOL

It calculated me at about 1,650 calories for an Up Day, but I stick to 500 calories on my Down Days and am still losing weight better than I have on any other plan! These past couple of weeks I've also had Down Days that were lower than 500 calories, just because my appetite decreased so much. Yay!

You might decide to do your DDs at 500 calories and even increase your Up Day calories by a bit and see if you are happier at that. At least to start off with. I believe that if you keep your Down Day calories to 500 or below, you will still lose weight. (If you don't increase those Up Day calories TOO high! LOL)

You have to remember that this plan is a fasting plan using calorie restriction protocol, as based on calorie restriction studies for stimulation of the metabolism and extended lifespan.

It isn't for everyone. But I love it! I'm down a bit more again this morning. And today is an Up Day for me so it's as though I'm not on any diet today and nothing is forbidden to me! This plan suits me so well!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surfnmom
Stats: 182.4/182.4/135 (5'5)
WOE: juddd/5:2
Start Date: 4/5/13
Good morning everyone.
Well yesterday was my first DD, (495 cal) and I have to say I was surprised that I really was not hungry. Now I did get the munchies late but ignored it and went to bed. Also I was hitting the powder room every 5 mins it seemed. Well got on the scale and 175.4 down 2.6 lbs. I am so glad to get rid of all the water that I have been holding on too these past couple weeks.

Today is an UD for me and really not going crazy with thoughts of food I may have today. Now when I was on Cad and It was time for that reward meal, man It was a down right binge to cram as much as I could within that hour. Me and Juddd may just get along lol.

I know I said that I was not going to count calories and how nice it would be not to do so, But I think I will for awhile to get a handle on true portion size and aim for 1500 - 1700 calories on my UDs. Need to learn to eat when Im hungry not when I think I should eat.

Thank you all for all the great information that you add each day when you post. If it wasn't for reading all the post I would still be in the dark about Juddd. If fact I never heard about it till I caught a mention of it on the hcg thread and got curious about it.

I well be so glad when warmer weather gets here. And can get out and play some golf and even clean my yard. Have a great day everyone.
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning All!

A little groggy this AM because I was up most of the night with our daughter who seems to be getting worse. This virus is going around and it's pretty rough.

Anyway, I had a good DD yesterday, foodwise and not too hungry-wise.
Today is an UP day and that's good. I'm wanting me a big salad and some steamed cauliflower rice.

Welcome alonewithyou!

surfnmom WOW, great job!!!! BTW, we have a menu thread where we post our JUDDD menus and that really helps. Come on over there if you like.

SoHappy, you just keep it going girl! Wooot!

Leo; How are you doing?

Waving HI to all your beautiful JUDDDers this morning!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

good morning. Its very cold today. I always freeze on my dd.
I will keep drinking my hot tea its nice.

And welcome to any one thats new.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! UD today. I woke up with horrible pain in my left shoulder...I always have pain there but it's worse today. Am trying not to sit, stand or anything else for very long. Kind of a yucky day here but it's Friday! Usually we have our homeschool co-op on Friday but not today so I'm enjoying a more relaxed day...reading to my girls more and just enjoying being in the house. Hope everyone has a warm, safe and enjoyable day.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
Quote:
Kind.
hope you have a great day!!!
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote