Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I do a little of both--juddd and hhcg
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Sohappy loved your post. I agree Judd can be adapted to our lifestyle rather than the other way around..

Dd for me today. The kids r home again!! We got snow then a huge ice storm!! I am so sick of snow and ice! It's depressing not seeing the sun.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:01 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Sohappy loved your post. I agree Judd can be adapted to our lifestyle rather than the other way around..

Dd for me today. The kids r home again!! We got snow then a huge ice storm!! I am so sick of snow and ice! It's depressing not seeing the sun.
We're trying to dig out from it here too. I don't know what area you live in, but here in eastern Iowa we didn't get much icing, just snow. But it's about 15 inches deep, and more where it's drifted some, so this old couple is going to be shoveling out the drive and walks in portions. We don't have to go anywhere, so will just take our time at it.

We've had some morning coffee and feel fortified. We did laugh about saying we should call the newspaper office and complain that our morning paper hadn't been delivered yet!

Hope your kids have fun and don't give your a headache. Maybe they can go out in the yard and dig a good snow cave in a big drift, or build forts! And then you can give them old throw rugs or blankets to put on the floors and pack a picnic for them and they can eat it out there in their new snow houses. And then you can make hot chocolate for them when they get cold and come in. (Unless it's already bitterly cold where you are.) Anyway, hang in there! Glad you're online to post. I was glad our electricity didn't go out. It makes me go crazy when that happens and I can't have my computer.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:54 AM   #34
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
We had snow last night, but the ice is expected to arrive this afternoon.

I have my fingers crossed that we don't lose power. I worry much less about losing access to the computer than my furnace going out! It's really COLD.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Good morning everyone!

I hope y'all are staying safe and warm and especially keep your heat on!!!!!

Today my youngest daughter awoke with a fever and cough so we're staying in taking care of her and keeping her hydrated and resting.

Today is an UP day and that's good. I had a successful DD which makes me happy.

I'll check in and say HI later, stay safe!!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #36

My 'official' weekly weigh-in this morning showed a loss of 1.4 pounds from last Wed. morning, and an even 8 pounds lost for this last 4-week period. An average of 2 pounds per week is unheard of for me, so I do know some of this weight loss must certainly have been water weight. Never-the-less, I'll take it.

So for any of you who wonder how you can actually lose weight while getting to eat wonderfully of anything you desire half the time, let me assure you that it works. If you don't go hog wild on your Up Days and are faithful on your Down Days, you will eventually slim down into the trim person you hope to become.

Hope everybody has a great day today. Stay warm.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
My 'official' weekly weigh-in this morning showed a loss of 1.4 pounds from last Wed. morning, and an even 8 pounds lost for this last 4-week period. An average of 2 pounds per week is unheard of for me, so I do know some of this weight loss must certainly have been water weight. Never-the-less, I'll take it.

So for any of you who wonder how you can actually lose weight while getting to eat wonderfully of anything you desire half the time, let me assure you that it works. If you don't go hog wild on your Up Days and are faithful on your Down Days, you will eventually slim down into the trim person you hope to become.

Whooooo Hoooooooo!!! SoHappy, you ROCK!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Morning all. UD for me but I will be Fast 5'ing too. I'm down an inch and a half in two weeks in my waist but I was bloated when I measured the first time, so a lot of that was water. Still feels good! RealFood, sorry your daughter is sick. Finally back down to the weight in my signature line....sigh. Amazing how long THAT took. That was way before Christmas. The good part of that though is that I maintained a 5 pound range during all that time so it was good to know that wasn't impossible. Between holidays and traveling to Honduras, I feel like I managed pretty well maintaining. I used Fast 5 for the most part and didn't try to JUDDD during that and didn't even Fast 5 every day. It gives me hope that I can maintain without too much trouble when I get the next 17 pounds or so off.

Have a great day everyone! stay warm and dry and safe!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post

yeah!!!! that's awesome!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Good Morning all! Checking in before work today, an UD for me. Yesterday was great, I added a lunch of miso soup and shiritaki noodles for about 65 calories and wasn't starving at dinner. Came in at about 420 calories.

SoHappy, I want a snow playdate at your house! Sounds like you know how to have some fun, with Ice caves and picnics, etc. Go easy on the shoveling.

I have no answers regarding HCG, I do love the JUDDD way, though! Hope everyone has a successful day and electricity throughout.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: enlowb
Stats: 190 -180- goal 130
WOE: HCG - R1P2
Start Date: March 29, 2011
Thank you for the help learning about JUDDD...gonna get the book and do a little research. This Atkins is killing me, so it seems like the UD would give you motivation to do what's "right" on the dd.
enlowb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
WTG Sohappy
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #43

Back inside from shoveling another portion of the driveway. DH and I just stand side by side and each attacks their half of the width and work forward. We can only go forward about 12 feet and then have to come in to rest. Otherwise I can just see tomorrow's morning paper: Old Fart Couple Dies in Shoveling Fiasco, Bodies Believed Buried Somewhere on Their Own Driveway Beneath the Snow.

Getting caught up here:

RFL, hope your kiddo feels better as the day progresses. Poor kid. And poor Mommy.

Leo, keeping fingers crossed for all of us, for no power outages. Last night's news was already reporting on a great number of people in Chicago without power. It's 9 degrees here today. Too cold to not have any heat.

Leisa, I think you did fabulously with your weight maintenance within a reasonable fluctuation range considering the Holiday Season and your trip in there! When I'm in a maintenance period, I always allow a 5-pound flux range. If I ever see that top number come up on the scale, no matter what the reason, I have to lose weight until I see that bottom number come up once again. That method always seems to work for me.

The Fast 5 would be too much for me though, combined with JUDDD. I think it would kick my butt. Plus, I enjoy my UP Days so much, I'd hate to give them up and require just a 5-hour window to dine in on those days too. I'm so spoiled. LOL I have to be able to milk all the joy I can out of my UD meals. You certainly have my admiration and respect that you can do it. Continued good luck as you drop those 17 pounds you mentioned. I believe they are certainly 'goners' who just don't know it yet.

Blonde with a Rose, you can come play in the snow at our house anytime. Winter is a reprieve from all the work outdoors. Mowing the lawn takes a LOT longer every week than just shoveling occasionally when it snows. And raking and bagging the leaves takes a LOT longer than shoveling the few times in winter when you actually get a new snow. But it's hard work when the snow comes to get if off of the part you want uncovered.

Your DD sounds like a good one. Do you think you are also doing well with your UDs now too? Hope your scale is proving to you that your calorie balance is now in the 'weight loss' range and you are becoming increasingly excited about your weight loss! Yay, JUDDD!

enlowb, Yes, even if there were no particular benefits to health and long life, and it were only a way to lose weight, it would be my choice. And it's because of the release from constraints of the Up Days. That doesn't mean that I stuff my face. Just that I don't have to worry about accepting a cookie when I visit my nice neighbor lady, or stopping in at a little restaurant for a slice of pie with coffee when I'm out with my DH sometimes. And certainly not every day. But I get to just relax a lot more on the UDs.

And what's even more exciting to me is knowing that after a bit here, I'll start maintaining my weight loss once again and sit there for awhile before making a decision about whether to go do another weight loss period. And in maintenance I'll be eating at even higher calorie levels than now, at my weight loss levels. Yay!

Yeah, I'm another one who just doesn't didn't do well on Atkins and who just doesn't feel very good about real low carb. On Atkins I was so good, so strict, so absolutely by the book.. and yet after losing the initial water weight, I didn't lose anything more. And I didn't get the appetite suppression that so many speak of. I think I must have just eaten too much, but the calories in just meat and fats built up so fast that I was well over my calorie threshold way before I had my appetite satisfied. So maybe it was my fault for just eating too much. But it didn't enable me to really lose weight, and I really, really hated and chafed under the dietary restrictions.

I hope JUDDD seems like something you'd like to try, and then that you find it is a perfect fit for your needs too.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
WTG Sohappy
Thanks, dasiey. We all seem to really be doing well on this plan.

Where in Indiana do you live? In watching the news reports and the line this winter storm was due to take, it looks like your state was being hammered too. DH's daughter and family live in the southern part of the state and said they aren't buried under heavy snow or anything, but I think freezing rain at least.

Hope you stay well and warm in this.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Sohappy, I live to the north. Close to Peru IN. Things seem to have settle down some here. Last night the wind shook and rattle the house, Scary.

I wonder if Kind is ok. She lives way up north. Close to Gary, IN.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #46
Senior LCF member

Congratulations to SoHappy and Leisa on the weight loss!

Personally, I can 'gain' 5 lbs within one day with water fluctuations (even if I haven't eaten a thing!), so that's why I think of my goal within a 'range,' and like to see the scale no higher than mid-range.

SoHappy- You must get great exercise with all that yard work and snow removal. Alas, I get all my exercise at my health club and have a man who takes care of my lawn, leaves, and snow!

Like you, I don't get any true appetite suppression from low carb. It keeps my appetite somewhat under control, but I can still EAT--a lot. In fact, when I wasn't losing and tried to go to VLC, I gained! The meat, eggs, cheese is very calorie intensive. JUDDD is the only way I've been able to truly restrict calories as I need to in order to lose/maintain.

Hope everyone stays warm and gets well today (your daughter, RealFood).
Old 02-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
Sohappy, I live to the north. Close to Peru IN. Things seem to have settle down some here. Last night the wind shook and rattle the house, Scary.

I wonder if Kind is ok. She lives way up north. Close to Gary, IN.
Sounds like you got plenty of the storm at your house, and I'll bet Kind got hammered with it.

If anybody hasn't checked in yet this morning, it makes me fear they have had their electricity knocked out and can't get online. Hope to hear from the rest yet today!

We're done shoveling out the driveway. The guy across the way finished up clearing his drive with his big snow blower and then came over and did the last portion of ours too, including the big mountain that the snowplow had pushed in at the bottom of the drive. God, Bless him! So we're all clear and have auto access to the outside world.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Sohappy that was a very nice thing getting help with that snow..
I second that God bless him
Old 02-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
WTg! Sohappy & leisa on your losses

Leo I am very worried too. We got nothing but ice and a mixture. There has to be 3 inches on the car this morning

Realfood. I hope your daughter feels better!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #50
Senior LCF member

We didn't get the amount of ice they kept predicting--which is great; I just hope it isn't coming tonight.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
We didn't get the amount of ice they kept predicting--which is great; I just hope it isn't coming tonight.
So far, so good!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surfnmom
Stats: 182.4/182.4/135 (5'5)
WOE: juddd/5:2
Start Date: 4/5/13
Hi I have read all of last months thread and went to the website to find all about Juddd. This is really interesting. Tomorrow starts a new week for me in the quest of trying to find the diet that I can live with.

So I hope you all don't mind me joining in here and give this a go. I already see that the 500 cal DD may be a bit challenging but with planning (I've been to your recipe site also) that it can be pretty much painless.

I will have a DD day tomorrow, and up to 1700-1800 cals on my UD. I weigh tomorrow morning so will log it. Thinking about putting a veggie soup in the crock-pot before bed tonight so it will be ready tomorrow.

I have to say I am pretty excited to see what the end of the week brings
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #53

Glad to welcome you here! I hope you love this plan as much as I do. Some would say it's not the easiest plan because of the low calorie Down Day, but I find for myself that it is the most fabulous diet because of the Up Day! And the fact that it doesn't have a list as long as my arm with all the foods that I can't eat.

For some, the key is staying very low carb so that they stay in ketosis and that helps them have less appetite. For myself, the key is having a LOT of very low calorie food on a Down Day so that my tummy feels a bit full, even if not working on much in the way of calories.

You'll undoubtedly settle in shortly to what will make you the most comfortable too.

Good luck and glad you've joined us! See you in the morning!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom View Post
Hi I have read all of last months thread and went to the website to find all about Juddd. This is really interesting. Tomorrow starts a new week for me in the quest of trying to find the diet that I can live with.

So I hope you all don't mind me joining in here and give this a go. I already see that the 500 cal DD may be a bit challenging but with planning (I've been to your recipe site also) that it can be pretty much painless.

I will have a DD day tomorrow, and up to 1700-1800 cals on my UD. I weigh tomorrow morning so will log it. Thinking about putting a veggie soup in the crock-pot before bed tonight so it will be ready tomorrow.

I have to say I am pretty excited to see what the end of the week brings
and happy juddd days ahead
Old 02-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: neverred
Can someone clarify what is meant exactly by, 'as much as you want of what you want on up days,' means please.

Like, does this mean, what you want without going over your GDA of calories. Or does it mean literally anything, without obviously eating more than is necessary to suppress hunger.

Also, due to poor research on my part I am in the position of wanting to change from a ketogenic diet but have discovered that I am likely to put alot of weight back on when carbs are reintroduced.

On JUDDD, is there a similar outcome once you come off the diet?
neverred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:55 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverred View Post
Can someone clarify what is meant exactly by, 'as much as you want of what you want on up days,' means please.

Like, does this mean, what you want without going over your GDA of calories. Or does it mean literally anything, without obviously eating more than is necessary to suppress hunger.

Also, due to poor research on my part I am in the position of wanting to change from a ketogenic diet but have discovered that I am likely to put alot of weight back on when carbs are reintroduced.

On JUDDD, is there a similar outcome once you come off the diet?
Good Morning. Nice to see you over here.

I'll answer your last question first. If and when you go off of a diet, or way of eating, no matter what diet plan you are following, IF YOU GO BACK to eating the way you did before..... you will go back to being fat again, like you were before. If overeating made you fat to begin with, overeating will make you fat again if you revert to your old eating habits.

Your eating plan can get your body weight down where you'd like it to be. And then you can increase your food amounts some to stop the weight loss and hold yourself at the weight you want to stay at, but you can't go back to overeating again, else you'll regain the fat that you worked so hard to lose.

When you do a ketogenic diet, and really this happens with most any diet plan to a pretty fair extent.. you initially lose several pounds of fluid. It isn't fat, and your body really hasn't changed it's appearance with this weight loss, and it isn't a loss of FAT.. but it makes you feel happy to see the number on the scale is lower. But it's just not a big deal, other than making you feel happy. My guess is that you will regain very, very little water weight, if any, by switching to JUDDD from your previous low carb diet. And if you continue to do low carb foods on your JUDDD diet, you certainly shouldn't regain even an ounce of water weight.

As to your first question, yes.. it does mean that you can eat anything you want on your UP days. You could make your UDs consist of just Twinkies if you wanted to, but what would that do to you? You need to design your Up Day meals to be nutritionally well balanced and abundant with all that a healthy body needs to keep itself going. Because, remember.. you are going to be getting very little quantity of nutrient on your low-calorie Down Days. So make your Up Days be filled with healthy foods. (And that can include some bread, etc.. which I think you had mentioned wanting.)

As to eating AS MUCH AS YOU WANT on your Up Days. Don't. Try to figure out what your normal daily calorie needs should be, and then try to stick fairly close to that figure. Your Down Days are going to make that calorie number average out way lower, and this will give you your weight loss, but no sense in going hog wild on your UDs and slowing the process down 'til you're not losing the weight you want very fast at all.

So figure out your calorie needs for maintenance and eat at about that level on all of your Up Days, and then do nice low-calorie Down Days (I do 500 calories or lower) and you should lose weight at a pretty decent rate.

And enjoy the much wider range of foods available for your dining pleasure on your Up Days. Many here still make their food choices only from the allowable very low carb list, while others of us eat a little of everything. You get to decide what you want to do for your meals.

Hope you like it here, doing this diet plan. Some people can't fast at 500 calories, and they crack. Others find it difficult to restrain themselves on Up Days and get so carried away with overeating that they realize this *freedom to choose* isn't good for them, and they go to a different eating plan. But for those of us who enjoy this, it offers all the freedom in the world while allowing us to lose weight. How great is that!!!!!

Last edited by SoHappy; 02-03-2011 at 06:58 AM..
Old 02-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Hi everyone! I've been doing my JUDDD for the past few days without posting, and yesterday had a very easy DD. Today, then is a UD. I still do Fast 5 while JUDDD'ing.

I'm down two pounds so far this week. And AF is here, so that is also good.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Carrollee
magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by magentagirl13 View Post
Hi everyone! I've been doing my JUDDD for the past few days without posting, and yesterday had a very easy DD. Today, then is a UD. I still do Fast 5 while JUDDD'ing.

I'm down two pounds so far this week. And AF is here, so that is also good.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Carrollee
Wonderful! Carrollee, you are doing such a good job, and it is really working for you, isn't it! Keep up the good work. I know you will.

Isn't it fun to dream of how slim we'll be this spring! I know I'm going to go out and buy some new cute warm weather clothes.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surfnmom
Stats: 182.4/182.4/135 (5'5)
WOE: juddd/5:2
Start Date: 4/5/13
SoHappy,,dasiey thank you for the welcome.

Have been reading the December thread. I do like the concept of this diet. I have to admit I am really tired of diet list. Eat this don't eat this, only at this time you can have this but not that.

For almost 2 years I have been battling getting my weight back down to around 130. trying everything and ending up dieting myself fatter.

I blame menopause for the weight gain and stress. I was at goal and maintaining then menopause hit with a vengeance. Now I think am pretty much through it as I'm not craving big time and the hot flashes are few and far between. (thank goodness). I felt like I was in pms hell for ever lol.

Got my weight this morning 178

alrighty will check in later
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #60

surfnmom, yeah, I think the reading, reading, reading is a good idea. I did that too. A lot of it is just *chit-chat conversation* and you can skip through that pretty fast, but I was always scanning it all to pick up on the nuggets of info that would help me decide how to make this plan work for me the very best.

I'm pretty happy with what I'm doing right now and have found one very interesting thing has happened that is really nice. After doing this awhile, my appetite is diminished and I rarely, rarely, rarely have any difficulty anymore with keeping the calorie limit on my Down Days.

That was really hard for me at first, and I just had to go over on a few of them, but eventually my body and mind and spirit seemed to adapt to it completely. And the weight loss is certainly nice!!! And not being on a diet at all for half of my days is certainly nice too!!!