Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Hi Sammykatt,

We have a thread that has menus, recipes and ingredient discussions.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...s-recipes.html
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Leo,

Your words and experience are very comforting and encouraging! I'm just gonna keep doing what I know to do, not making any major changes.

My hubby says my face looks noticeably thinner even if the scale doesn't agree!

I'm in the process of compiling a list of all the "lessons" I have learned thus far on JUDDD, in my very short time on the program and also charting my weight loss since I started JUDDD Jan 16. THAT really helps too!

Thanks again for commenting, you really are an inspiration!
Old 02-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammykatt View Post
ummm... I think I have enough to get by for now! I'm still trying to think of the things I can eat on my DD's... UD's shouldn't be to hard if I still keep it kinda LC. I am pretty happy about getting to eat breads again tho!

I think I will have to just go to the store someday (when I'm not dying of sickness like I am today!) and just look at all the protein bars and shakes and see if I can find some good ones for the DD's.

What does everyone else have on their DD's?
Hi Sammykatt, everyone seems to do things a tad bit differently on their dd's but I'll tell you what I do. I have tried eating regular food and just keeping below 500 calories but eating regular food just makes me want more. So I make my dd's the same. I either eat nothing (on those days when I really don't need food, I just have water and diet Coke) but those days are pretty rare. ; ) Most dd's I eat an Atkins bar, usually heated a bit in the microwave with a little dollop of cream cheese or some heavy whipping cream drizzled over it and usually a cup of black coffee to wash it down. I eat this as late as possible so that I don't have much hunger afterwards and I usually (like most people here seem to do) go to bed early on dd's. I used to do egg creams for dd's and wouldn't mind doing those again as they work well too but I'm enjoying my atkins bars right now. : )
Old 02-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #544
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Stopping in to share more DD food ideas for Sammykatt.

I emphasize veggies on my DDs and eat more heavily on my proteins on my UDs.

For my tummy and mind, I can do DDs so very much more easily if I can still EAT! And by eat, I mean fill my stomach. And since JUDDD isn't designed to 'necessarily' be low carb as well, I make DDs be my very heavy veggie days as they are so low in calories that I can eat heavily on them for very, very few calories.

I'm lucky enough that I don't have a lot of appetite/hunger in the morning, so I sip on hot tea until later, until about NOON or so, and as long as I can go into the afternoon even, if I'm not too hungry. But sometimes my fast ends by about 11:00 am. LOL

I might fix a nice big omelet of 1/2 cup Eggbeaters (usually Southwestern flavor) with 2 egg whites added in also, and quite a bit of slivered onion, red and green peppers, probably sliced mushrooms, and at the very end I sprinkle over just a small bit of cheddar shreds.

And then I'll eat a HUGE salad later. I use various lettuces, both red and green, and greens including baby spinach and the spring greens mix. I add in chopped tomatoes, a lot of peeled and chopped cucumber, LOTS of sliced mushrooms, sliced up red and yellow peppers. Probably some sliced onions, maybe some grated carrots..... you get the picture. I top it off with Maple Grove brand sugar-free Raspberry Vinaigrette, as much as I want at only 5 calories per 2 Tbsps. of dressing. And I sprinkle with salt. There's something I like a lot about that salty/sweet raspberry dressing taste. Sometimes I use one of the Aldi brands of low cal salad dressing, which are very good to my mind.

I weigh out EVERYTHING on my postal scale, which is now my food scale. LOL And I keep track of the calories of everything!

In the evening I might go for an enormous veggie stir fry with broccoli florets, chunks of onion and chunks of green pepper, slices of carrot and lots of sliced mushroom, fresh bean sprouts from the Saigon Market, or you could use canned. Sometimes I add in bamboo shoots from the can.. only 25 calories for 1/2 a cup of them. In other words, a HUGE veggie stir fry, and then topped with my favorite really spicy hot & sweet Chinese sauce, which I make myself and have posted the recipe for on our JUDDD recipe thread here.

You can use 0 calorie - 0 carb noodles, called yam or Konjac or glucomannon or shirataki or Magic noodles, lots of names for the same thing. If you buy the ones that are made with added tofu, you are going to have calories. These noodles can turn into a big spaghetti dinner, topped with sauce and some grated parmesan cheese. I add tender cooked veggies to the sauce too.. onion, green pepper, mushrooms to help make the plate of spaghetti even more filling.

Another thing that's good is a 'pot roast' dinner, except that I don't use the meat. I use beef broth (home made is the best) and add a few chunks of potato, chunks of carrot, onion, cauliflower, green beans and any herbs and spices that appeal that evening.

It's a balancing act, that's for sure. The big thing is to get through your DD successfully, so whether you do it mainly as a fast or just do it as a veggie day or you rely on commercial or homemade shakes, it doesn't really matter as far as your calorie count goes. Just always try to hold true to your calorie count.

And then comes another UD!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #545
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammykatt
Stats: 186/168.8/150
WOE: I dont even know anymore
I can so do this! You guys are the best! Those are the best ideas ever.

I can do an Atkins bar in the morning since those will keep me full for at least 4 hours, and then a small salad for lunch (I will have to get use to the dressing tho since I'm normally a full fat dressing kinda girl) and then stir fry for dinner! (which I've been wanting just about everyday lately!) ooo... I used to eat egg beaters all the time on an English muffin with bacon... hey thats only 210 calories! that would be a good a good lunch too! Okay... you guys have talked me into this! I'm so going to be starting this as soon as I get paid next week! hopefully I wont be sick anymore by then either.
159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150
Sammykatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammykatt View Post
I can so do this! You guys are the best! Those are the best ideas ever.

I can do an Atkins bar in the morning since those will keep me full for at least 4 hours, and then a small salad for lunch (I will have to get use to the dressing tho since I'm normally a full fat dressing kinda girl) and then stir fry for dinner! (which I've been wanting just about everyday lately!) ooo... I used to eat egg beaters all the time on an English muffin with bacon... hey thats only 210 calories! that would be a good a good lunch too! Okay... you guys have talked me into this! I'm so going to be starting this as soon as I get paid next week! hopefully I wont be sick anymore by then either.
It took me awhile to trying different dressings to find ones that were low calorie and that I also really, really liked the taste of! Hope you can find some that you also enjoy.

Good luck to you, Sammykatt! I hope you're feeling well very shortly and enjoy losing weight and improving your health on JUDDD.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:08 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Maintenance Report
I weighed at 152.5 this morning, down a half pound but really great because 1) I wasn't trying to lose; 2) I'm in the lower part of my goal range.

I was delighted because I ate more calories this week without any problems. My DDs were close to 500 cal (I'd been doing 350 in weight-loss mode), and I added in large servings of fresh vegetables on UDs, which I thought might be a problem for me, as I'm very carb sensitive.

I was hungrier than usual (thus the added calories), and it could have been the additional carbs or the results of my strength training--revving up my metabolism a little with more muscles.

I also think that keeping my food very basic is key for me--just meat, fish, eggs, veggies. I did have some chocolate, but only unsweetened baking chocolate (100% cocoa), and I watch the calories on that.

Overall, this has worked well, and I am hoping to maintain like this, as I have no desire to eat more or any differently than I do now.
Great Job Leo

You r smart to keep it your menu simple. That way when you add in more you will know any triggers for you. You sound very happy and content... As you go through the process you may be surprised as to how many carbs your body can handle.

So Happy...Yup the key for me is keeping those Up days in check. I have tried alot of differant statgies but still have not found on that I feel I can live with.....I am still searching. I need to be more consistant in both eating and exercise. I am trying just not really making any head way.

Leisa..Hugs and you did the right thing by calling the police.
I am glad you had a good DD and I will check out the blog. I too like to fast then eat my calories at the end of the day. It just works better that way for me. I find once I start eating the hungry kinda turns from just there to angry and I want to eat more.

Last edited by JKat; 02-28-2011 at 03:20 AM..
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

I realized that today is weigh in day for me so I went ahead and changed my sig weight to 144. I weighed 144.2 this morning. This was the second dd I weighed that weight, so I think it's real. UD today but plan to try to keep it pretty tightly controlled and save more calories for spaghetti tonight with the family. My girls are helping in a soup kitchen today and then we have dance tonight for the middle daughter. It's going to be a long one! have a great day everyone!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:29 AM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Okay NOW my sig weight is changed, lol! I had changed it but not saved it.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:02 AM   #550

Good Morning, Everyone. Today is a DD for me and even while enjoying my UD yesterday, what I was really looking forward to was today's DD. I think it's so much fun to prepare my DD meals and use the glucomannan powder that I'm still having fun on DDs.

My goal is to have finally done JUDDD for so long that I am no longer focused on it every day... not that I've gone off the plan, but just that it's become such a routine and normal part of my life that my thoughts no longer dwell on it at all.

For most of the time I had been maintaining, I wasn't paying much attention to food at all, other than just being mindful of what I ate. I weighed each morning and then just went on with my day.

So my goal is to reach that same level of nonchalance with JUDDD eating.

My second goal is to go to bed early each evening. I'd love to be in bed by 10:00 pm and then get up early. As it is, I go to bed between 11:00 and 1:00 am, and then sleep in later in the morning or get up without enough rest under my belt. Time to establish a better habit. (Maybe I'll make myself a new law that I can't be up later than 11:00 and then move that time back earlier in 15 minute increments until I'm used to new sleeping hours. :-)
Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Good Morning JUDDDers!!

I switched over to low carb JUDDD, 11 days ago. It has been really weird for me though, as I have had an insatiable appetite. I am pretty certain it is hormone related as I started TOM 6 days early (that has never happened to me, I am very regular) and it is lasting alot longer than usual. I have been sticking to around 30 carbs a day, and seriously nothing fills me up. I finally broke down yesterday and had an apple with peanut butter, and I finally felt the full feeling I was looking for.

I am going to stick with the low carb, because I do think it's better for me and I think things will level out. At least I hope they do. I have read about the induction flu, and it seems most experience that for about 3-4 days and mine still seems to be going on 10 days later. I do have to say I FEEL alot better. I felt really horrible at first, but I am finally waking up alot easier and just feeling better in general.

Happy JUDDDing!!!

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:27 AM   #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
JKat[/B];14420476]I too like to fast then eat my calories at the end of the day. It just works better that way for me. I find once I start eating the hungry kinda turns from just there to angry and I want to eat more.
I'm going to try (attempt to try) that today for my DD and see how I feel about it. My appetite is usually non-existent or very low in the mornings and then hollerin' its head off by evening, so I'll see if this helps me balance my food and calorie allowance against my appetite and still make it successfully through 'til bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
LBishop[/B];14420559]I realized that today is weigh in day for me so I went ahead and changed my sig weight to 144. I weighed 144.2 this morning. This was the second dd I weighed that weight, so I think it's real.
Congratulations on being able to change that signature weight!!! Being able to have progress really does strengthen our resolve to continue, and witnessing somebody else's success is always another good way to stay motivated. You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
NoSugarShell[/B];14420992]I switched over to low carb JUDDD, 11 days ago. I am going to stick with the low carb, because I do think it's better for me and I think things will level out. At least I hope they do. I have read about the induction flu, and it seems most experience that for about 3-4 days and mine still seems to be going on 10 days later. I do have to say I FEEL alot better. I felt really horrible at first, but I am finally waking up alot easier and just feeling better in general.
So glad you are beginning to feel a lot better than earlier and hope you find yourself feeling really top notch quickly.

I think it's awfully important to actually LIKE your eating plan or you won't stick with it. But it has to make you feel good. We only get one lifetime, so it's nice to live it in a body that is as healthy and strong and reliable as we can make it. Finding foods and ways of eating that make us feel great makes it so much easier to stay the course if we are trying to lose some pounds, and makes it so worthwhile when we are working on our maintenance. Glad you are getting used to your low carb woe now.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Wow, what a busy thread! Lots of good stuff!

RFL~ I stopped weighing myself at the beginning of the month, it was so discouraging NOT to see a loss or to see a .5 gain, Aye! I weighed in this morning to see a 2.5 loss but it took all month. That's okay. I'm going to follow JUDDD for many reasons as well as weight loss and so the loss is a big plus. I've lost 20lbs since 12/05/10. Those are pretty good numbers over-all, I feel great and I'm not going to weigh again until the end of March. I was struggling for a while but I've lowered my carb intake to moderate 50-75 and I feel like that is helping alot. Hang in there, it'll happen, maybe just not as fast as we would like.

Sammykat~ my DD's are pretty much the same always: Southwestern eggbeaters for breakfast and a large salad w/chicken breast for dinner. I use salsa, taco sauce and Walden Farms dressings, everytime. I used to be a BIG blue cheese or ranch gal...now even on my UD's I eat low to non-fat dressing (and no sugars). It's weird, I just don't need the full fat anymore. Good luck! BTW~ you'll save money on food!

Leo- I'm so happy for you! Adding a little more food and maintaining is the BOMB! Congrats! (thank you again for this amazing thread) If I hadn't stumbled across JUDDD last December I would still be losing and gaining the same 5lbs over and over and over...

So Happy~ My Konjac powder came and I will experiment after work today. Gonna try your hot and sweet chinese sauce first! I love the JUDDD recipe thread! DH and I get up at 5am M-F, so going to bed erly is no problem for me. I can barely keep my eyes open past 9:00 pm.

Leisa! Congrats on the new siggy weight!!

Shell~ I recently went back to a lower carb UD (DD's are always ultra low) and can feel some changes and better results, also a less ravenous feeling UD. I think that sugar is the key to my success or downfall. I need to stay away from it if I want good lasting results.

I have work today and I can hardly breathe through my nose. Oh goody, I get to mouth breathe through my whole shift. I don't know if I'm sick or it's sinus issues. Serving endless soup salad and bread sticks...and hoping my nose won't drip while my hands are full!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/145/145 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
..very busy thread...so much to read and it's all interesting...

DD for me today...official weight in tomorrow...started JUDD on the 1st of february...

Try those meal replacement drink for breakfast this morning...it kept me going all morning without being hungry...so that's great...my day is going fairly well...
Congrats Leisa on your new weight...

You're all doing great ladies...keep it up
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening Y'all!

<waving to everyone!!>

How is everyone doing today?

It's been rainy and windy here, but our temps are mild. SPRING in February!

Today is an UD and I have been enjoying it, I roasted 2 organic chickens.

I didn't get to exercise today though because our doggie had to go to the vet this morning and our youngest 2 are sick <again>.

Planning out this week's menus and looking forward to JUDDDing! Hope y'all are as well!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Blonde with a Rose[/B];14421318]So Happy~ My Konjac powder came and I will experiment after work today. Gonna try your hot and sweet chinese sauce first! I love the JUDDD recipe thread! DH and I get up at 5am M-F, so going to bed erly is no problem for me. I can barely keep my eyes open past 9:00 pm.

I have work today and I can hardly breathe through my nose. Oh goody, I get to mouth breathe through my whole shift. I don't know if I'm sick or it's sinus issues. Serving endless soup salad and bread sticks...and hoping my nose won't drip while my hands are full!
Yay! Glad your glucomannan powder came. I think it is so much fun to experiment with. Alter the Chinese sauce to your tastes. I usually end up adding even more hot chili oil to it. LOL

Hope you are feeling better and your head and sinuses open up soon. I think there must be something going around. I know of several who are sick these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
mommy_gates[/B];14422152]DD for me today...official weight in tomorrow...started JUDD on the 1st of february...

Try those meal replacement drink for breakfast this morning...it kept me going all morning without being hungry...so that's great...my day is going fairly well...
Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Glad you like the meal replacement drink. It would make a DD quite easy to have the prepared shakes in the refrigerator and all ready to go. Maybe I'll buy some someday and see how I like them. I haven't had one of those for years and years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
RealFoodLiving[/B];14422840]Today is an UD and I have been enjoying it, I roasted 2 organic chickens.

I didn't get to exercise today though because our doggie had to go to the vet this morning and our youngest 2 are sick <again>.
The roasted chickens will taste so good. And then some chicken for DD meat if you want too.

Sorry about your doggie having to go to the vet. Our cat just hates it! And so sorry to hear that your little ones are sick again. I wonder if their resistance is just worn down now. It'll be wonderful when spring finally gets here. It seems like we all feel better when the weather turns lovely again.

My DD is going wonderfully. I've hardly eaten anything so far. A smallish salad and some sugar free jello/pudding mix. I'll have a stir fry with my spicy hot Asian sauce way later this evening.

Hope the rest of you are doing well. I'm off to fix another mug of hot tea.

Last edited by SoHappy; 02-28-2011 at 04:06 PM..
Old 02-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #557
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlinhome
Start Date: February 2011
Hi RealFoodLiving!!! I'm in!!!
Starting the JUDDD tomorrow. I need menu's and grocery lists please! I am a "drastic bypass" person and really have to watch daily sugar's and foods that are not natural b/c of acid reflux. I have gained 15 pds over the winter and need to get it off for the sake of my knees! I am almost 45 yrs. old and don't want knee replacements this year! I also don't have the money to buy a new wardrobe!
Thanks for letting me join in!
sherlinhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #558
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlinhome
Start Date: February 2011
Hey RealFood Living!!! I'm in!
sherlinhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi sweet friend!!!!!!

I'm so glad you're here. You are among very helpful people! Leo and SoHappy are wonderful at sharing their wisdom and experiences.

I sent you the link for the Down Day menu and recipe thread, there are som excellent posts over there.

For me, I make homemade organic roasted chicken bone stock for the week. I eat hard-boiled eggs, either organic or from cage-free chickens. I eat organic lettuce and/or celery and I drink, drink, drink! Water, herbal decaf tea, broth.

As I said, I weigh / measure my foods and enter everything into ****** (ahead of time) and plan my menus so I stay in the calorie restrictions.

Welcome, welcome!

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 02-28-2011 at 04:40 PM..
Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #560

sherlinhome, welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

It sounds like you and RealFoodLiving already know each other! I hope you love JUDDD as much as I do, and I'm sure you'll do wonderfully on it.

If you have questions, just ask. Sometimes we all do our JUDDD a bit differently from each other, but that is one of the beautiful things about this program. It is very adaptive, and you can design your diet to be something you will be able to stick with and enjoy at the same time it helps you lose weight and improve your health. Can't beat that, can you!

Glad you've joined us.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:09 AM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlinhome View Post
Hey RealFood Living!!! I'm in!
Hi! not sure if I "know" you, but I'm in Brevard! Welcome to our little group. I did JUDDD about 2 years ago and got to goal and then slowly let it come back so now I'm taking it back off. At the age of 48, I am determined to master maintenance this time cause I know it won't be easy to keep gaining and losing this mess. I use Fast 5 on my dd's because I find it easier to not eat than to start and then control the calories. Fasting is easy for me (well relatively speaking) so when I reach maintenance I'm going to try to use intermittent fasting to maintain.

Anyway, welcome to our little home on the net!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/145/145 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Good morning JUDDERS...UD today

Did very well this month...and it was a short one also... i lost a total of 4.6...started at 157.6 and this morning weight after yesterday DD was 153.0...

So now after one month i'm ready to make some changes...b/c i enjoy exercising so much and do get very hungry and it does create headaches which i never get, i knew i had to make some changes ...going to upload my calories...the DD between 700-800 and UD to 1,400-1,500..i'll see from there what works for me...i really do like the fluctuation of the calories....it keeps the body guessing all the time and it keeps me in control also...

Shirlinhome

Happy Judding for the month of march ladies...

~~~GAETS~~~

Last edited by mommy_gates; 03-01-2011 at 07:12 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:11 AM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Not an official weigh in but I got up this morning to a new LOW! 142.2! I'm waiting till Sunday for an official weigh in but I feel like I'm really losing right now! I also think I know the reason. My UD's feel very controlled finally! Just had to share! Carry on!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:30 AM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
head on over to the March thread everyone--
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote