Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 06:07 AM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Leisa~ my gosh, that's horrifying!! I can't imagine how you must feel about what seems to be a very close call. Thank God you were there and your daughter is safe.

Emotional and stress eating (for me) sometimes feels as if it's the only thing to soothe me. I've gotten better over the years but it still has the ability to "take me" over. In the past I would "blow it" on low carb and it would take days to get back on track, usually after I gained everything back! The best part about JUDDD is it helps put me back in control, before I do too much damage. The author Geneen Roth has helped me tremendously with my binge eating. I've read most of her books, perhaps they will help you? I've used hypnosis cd's for a long time and they help as well. Reading a good book, or doing arts and crafts help me overcome the urges. While exercise is a great for stress it can also become that thing that puts you over, another obsession. IMHO. Find a way to relax your mind or busy your mind and fill your spirit, it will help so much.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #512
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Leisa- I'm glad that scary incident was just scary, and there wasn't a disaster! You were so wise to call the police immediately.

About the stress eating. Yes, exercise reduces stress, but that only works for ongoing stress in our lives (like a stressful job). When there are specific incidents, as you experienced, it's not always possible at that moment to turn to another stress reliever. In addition, I've found that I can actually experience tremendous hunger from the stress (adrenaline surge perhaps?), which then makes eating the natural thing to do.

The only thing that ever works for me is to change the self-talk in my head from, "Oh, isn't this awful. I need some ice cream" to "Oh, how awful. I'm glad it's over and everyone is safe now. I need to get the laundry done [or any household physical activity."

It's not easy (I don't always manage it), but I've found that if I can't change my self talk, I can't change my behavior.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Oh LEISA!!!!! How horrific!!!!
Praise G-d that something bad did not happen!!
I would be FREAKED! I pray for comfort for you hon.

I hear you about the stress and emotional eating and how it can really tear you down physically and emotionally.

Have you heard of the book, MADE TO CRAVE? I'm reading it now and it is very helpful. There is some good stuff on the website and free webcasts.

Take care!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/148.8/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Gaets- You know it's recommended not to work out on a DD, don't you? And that was a LOT to do! Did you eat more to compensate? If so, you may be negating the value of JUDDD. Surely you don't need to work out like that every day? I've always been advised to exercise on alternate days, anyway, so that fits in with my UDs perfectly.

As to eating healthily, the salt isn't the problem that the potato chips and nuts are. Can you be satisfied with some very salty celery?

Leo..it's easier said than done when it comes to exercising...i know to lose weight you have to do both, GOOD eating habit and exercise...it goes hand in hand.....it's in me now...feel so restless when i don't and i don't sleep as well...my problem is the food...i've done well up to now b/c i did cut down on my calories and i'm paying more attention to the carbs also..,but at time i do go on a binge and when that do happens..like yesterday...i consume over 757 calories for lunch ...so for dinner i had a little bit of vegetables...and i gained only 2oz..but i went walking for an hour last night...

P.S. How can i make very salty celery?

I'm on my DD today...i'm doing well for now...usually after a binge like that i'm good the next day...thanks god

~~~GAETS~~~
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #515
Senior LCF member

Actually, Gaets, I work out for general health and toning, but most experts (including Dr. Eades and Gary Taubes) will say that 95% of weight loss is what we eat. In fact, Taubes goes so far as to say that exercise often negates any calories burned because it also increases appetite.

I lost all my weight just swimming laps about 2 days a week (sometimes 3) very gently (slowly) for about 30 min. And that's hardly any exercise at all. I've only started strength training recently.

I'm not saying that exercise isn't a good thing--it is good--but if you want to get to goal, you should focus on your eating. It's the only way.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Leo..I'm glad i was able to hear your point of view on this ...but for me food and exercise does go hand in hand...

For you it's swimming...which i don't care for cause i don't know how to swim ...but i do love walking and strength training and that's why i do it.....for a strong and healthy mind and body....

I know food is my problem always was and always will...till the day i learn to control and eat the right foods ..... i've got to work at it and with this JUDD program i have learn to control those calories......and i will get there with time and patience and a positive mind...

You've done well...and i'm glad for you...keep it up

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-25-2011 at 01:34 PM..
Old 02-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammykatt
Stats: 186/168.8/150
WOE: I dont even know anymore
hey everyone! I have never done this kinda diet before so I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips for the first 2 weeks! Or any tips on for the down days! I'm hoping this will be easier for me than Atkins! I do love doing Atkins but I just can't seem to get under 170 when I do it!

Thanks for the help!
Sammykatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:27 AM   #518
Senior LCF member

Hi Sammykatt- I don't know that I'd call this 'easier' than Atkins, and I'd be doing that if it worked for me, but I need to restrict my calories too much to do it on a daily basis, so that's why I came to JUDDD--although I continue to eat low carb.

There's a lot of research that indicates any kind of calorie cycling works, and that's basically what JUDDD is.

In terms of the DDs, as you've probably read, 'shakes' are recommended, but that's mainly for convenience AND the fact that Dr. J knows that most people overestimate their calories, and it's very important to stay at 500 or below on DDs for the first two weeks at least.

I can't manage shakes (my body doesn't seem to register liquids as food), but I never eat anything on a DD unless I know the exact calorie count. That's worked for me for the over 2 years I've been on JUDDD.

People here eat various ways on DDs, and you might check out our 'menu/recipe' thread (here in "Other Plans") to get some idea what we do.

If you have other questions, just post, and someone will respond--or many!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:35 AM   #519
Senior LCF member

Maintenance Report
I weighed at 152.5 this morning, down a half pound but really great because 1) I wasn't trying to lose; 2) I'm in the lower part of my goal range.

I was delighted because I ate more calories this week without any problems. My DDs were close to 500 cal (I'd been doing 350 in weight-loss mode), and I added in large servings of fresh vegetables on UDs, which I thought might be a problem for me, as I'm very carb sensitive.

I was hungrier than usual (thus the added calories), and it could have been the additional carbs or the results of my strength training--revving up my metabolism a little with more muscles.

I also think that keeping my food very basic is key for me--just meat, fish, eggs, veggies. I did have some chocolate, but only unsweetened baking chocolate (100% cocoa), and I watch the calories on that.

Overall, this has worked well, and I am hoping to maintain like this, as I have no desire to eat more or any differently than I do now.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:46 AM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Judders....UD for me today...it went fairly well yesterday...i'm enjoying this day with hubby and a glass of wine...and good counted calories..

Leo...Glad things are working in maintenance for you...congrats on your weight loss

Have a great week-end

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-26-2011 at 06:36 AM..
Old 02-26-2011, 06:57 AM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Maintenance Report
I weighed at 152.5 this morning, down a half pound but really great because 1) I wasn't trying to lose; 2) I'm in the lower part of my goal range.

I was delighted because I ate more calories this week without any problems. My DDs were close to 500 cal (I'd been doing 350 in weight-loss mode), and I added in large servings of fresh vegetables on UDs, which I thought might be a problem for me, as I'm very carb sensitive.

I was hungrier than usual (thus the added calories), and it could have been the additional carbs or the results of my strength training--revving up my metabolism a little with more muscles.

I also think that keeping my food very basic is key for me--just meat, fish, eggs, veggies. I did have some chocolate, but only unsweetened baking chocolate (100% cocoa), and I watch the calories on that.

Overall, this has worked well, and I am hoping to maintain like this, as I have no desire to eat more or any differently than I do now.
Leo, this is so EXCITING to read!! YAY!!! I'm so thrilled for you!!! And thank you as you keep sharing with us, who are not there yet!! Congratulations!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:05 AM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Sammykatt!

For me, JUDDD is MUCH more suited to me and my needs as well as my life over Atkins, but I cannot say JUDDD is "easier." For me, none of it is "easy", it all takes work, planning, being committed and learning from my mistakes.

JUDDD works for me for several reasons,
1) My health conditions respond well to the calorie / carb cycling, especially my hyothyroidism,
2) I don't eat a great deal of added fat because I don't lose if I do.
3) I don't have to "cheat", I schedule an UP day and stay within my calories.
4) No matter how hard a DD is, I know that the next day is an UP
5) Science says that calorie cycling works and it seems to be working for me as long as I stick to the plan.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #523
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Leo's magic voice of reason

I visited with Leo a little bit last evening because I've been bouncing the same couple of pounds for the last three weeks but not bouncing down into virgin weight loss territory. The scale would always bounce back up instead of continuing to bounce on downward.

Leo suggested just sitting pat for a bit longer before deciding on a course of action. Magic! Overnight! I'm down into virgin weight loss territory this morning, and it's the start of a new 'decade' for me. It may not hold, but today I'm doing a DD, so that should help solidify it. I did a MD yesterday.

This has brought back into my mind the concept of patience for weight loss, as this has certainly happened to me before. Many times. I guess I was just so used to having weight loss most every week with only a rare week with no loss at all, that three weeks of that seemed extreme. And yet other 'diets' have had this result occasionally too. So why did I feel worry about this? I guess because JUDDD seems so easy! Like it's so easy... there must be some 'catch'. But I don't think there is.

I think you just eat your calorie levels on all of your days and have the patience to watch your body shrink! LOL Thanking Leo here for calming my worry, and thanking JUDDD for coming through for me once again.

It works, Guys! Just hold to your low DD calories, don't overeat your top calorie limit on your UDs, use your MDs as you need, and have the patience to enjoy the ride as your weight continually readjusts itself with its little fluctuations... and I'm still daydreaming about those new clothes in smaller sizes this spring!!!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Lovelies!!:hugs:

Today is a DD and I am 1.6 pounds away from my lowest of the week and I'm hoping to get back there at tomorrow's weigh in.

Today is a DD which is good. DDs are so simple to maneuver (except when I get extra hungry! LOL! )

Leo and Gaets, interesting discussion on exercise. Thank you!
I seem to be having more problems since I started going back to the gym and working on the weighted resistance machines. I was doing better when I simply used my Gazelle 30 minutes 2 -3 x per week on my UP days.

I see a HUGE gain after my gym day that does not resolve quickly. I know it's water retention and perhaps eating more as exercise DOES make me hungry.

I'm going to have try just doing the water walking / swimming, instead of hard workout and see if I see a difference.

Today I'm resting
Old 02-26-2011, 07:16 AM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I visited with Leo a little bit last evening because I've been bouncing the same couple of pounds for the last three weeks but not bouncing down into virgin weight loss territory. The scale would always bounce back up instead of continuing to bounce on downward.

Leo suggested just sitting pat for a bit longer before deciding on a course of action. Magic! Overnight! I'm down into virgin weight loss territory this morning, and it's the start of a new 'decade' for me. It may not hold, but today I'm doing a DD, so that should help solidify it. I did a MD yesterday.

This has brought back into my mind the concept of patience for weight loss, as this has certainly happened to me before. Many times. I guess I was just so used to having weight loss most every week with only a rare week with no loss at all, that three weeks of that seemed extreme. And yet other 'diets' have had this result occasionally too. So why did I feel worry about this? I guess because JUDDD seems so easy! Like it's so easy... there must be some 'catch'. But I don't think there is.

I think you just eat your calorie levels on all of your days and have the patience to watch your body shrink! LOL Thanking Leo here for calming my worry, and thanking JUDDD for coming through for me once again.

It works, Guys! Just hold to your low DD calories, don't overeat your top calorie limit on your UDs, use your MDs as you need, and have the patience to enjoy the ride as your weight continually readjusts itself with its little fluctuations... and I'm still daydreaming about those new clothes in smaller sizes this spring!!!

WWHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! LEO ROCKS

Awesome SoHappy!! I am SO HAPPY for you, being in VWT!! And your plan and adherence have paid off!!

doin' the SO HAPPY DANCE for you!!

Thank you for sharing this so we can all learn from you and Leo!!

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 02-26-2011 at 07:42 AM..
Old 02-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #526

It's encouraging to know that maintenance is working comfortably for you, Leo.

And I agree with you, RFL, about loving this plan. In three weeks I'll be heading to Colorado to visit daughters there, and when we get together we do a lot of fun things together, including going out to eat! It's nice to know that I will be able to participate in that and still remain on my plan. We'll schedule our tour of the restaurants for my UDs. They have so much that we don't have here. I especially enjoy the ethnic places that we don't have many of. I can enjoy tasting it all, knowing that I'm not off plan. I rarely overeat and feel fairly confident that I can make this work during this visit. Thinking positive and keeping fingers crossed.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:

Excellent advice!!

Leo, congrats!!

Sammykat!

As for easy, maybe not... but for me, it's "easier" to get on track than Atkins. In the past I could gain all the weight back (10-12lbs) before I got control, but now control is just a day away. There's so much good info here, Leo and SoHappy are great inspirations, the group is smart and caring and we are committed to JUDDD. So committed that I wish everyone could do it! Give it a real try and you will know if it's for you or not, Good Luck!!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
wow, after my 3 days of not really being on plan very well, I had a very good dd yesterday and hit new virgin territory! 144.6! I still can't sit here and read. I try to read on my phone but it's a lot harder....so I do what I can. hugs to you all!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
wow, after my 3 days of not really being on plan very well, I had a very good dd yesterday and hit new virgin territory! 144.6! I still can't sit here and read. I try to read on my phone but it's a lot harder....so I do what I can. hugs to you all!

YAY LEISA!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!
Hoping and praying you feel better soon!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #530
Senior LCF member

SoHappy! YEAHHH!

Just keep in mind should this occur again that "Weight loss is rarely linear."
In my experience of 'not losing' even though I've been totally faithful, the most has been 3 weeks, and the following week I always lost well. It could be different for different people, and I was never able to figure out a pattern. For example, this happened two months in a row, but then I went back to a steady pound a week loss. I didn't do anything different in those two months, but my body was certainly doing something.

RealFood-
I find that I get 'hungrier' with strength training than I did just swimming laps (even though swimming is notorious for making people hungry). Since I think it's important to have some protein right after working out, I schedule my workout for a time that I plan to eat right after--in other words, I make sure that I'm eating one of my meals after working out so that I'm not tempted to add more food.

It's also true that when you stress your muscles, you create microscopic tears (as an academic I worked with a lot of exercise physiologists in the PE dept. and I was always picking their brains), and the muscles then hold onto water until they 'heal.' That's why it's also suggested to always work out specific muscles only on alternate days, not consecutive days, because the muscle should heal first. I find that the water retention from working out usually lasts about 24 hours.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: youthfuliz
Stats: 156/146.6/130, size 4, 5'5"
WOE: Paleo, Leptin Reset
Start Date: 12/30/2011
Hi all

I've been reading earlier posts, thanks for so much information on your WOE and weight loss journeys!

I have done a little DD and UP days in the last month and found my tolerance of DD improved a lot over time. I think I'll give it a serious try starting from Monday. I'll have MWF down days, and TTHS up days, with sunday being a modest up day. My down days will be protein shake + 1 egg + vegetables, while up days will be lot of vegetables + meat/fish + whole grains (will reduce grains slowly so maybe I'll have it once a week).

I'll give it a whole 4 weeks, and report how it goes. didn't weight today(should be around 153), so I'll weight tomorrow morning and let that be the starting weight.

Have a nice weekend

Last edited by youthfuliz; 02-26-2011 at 02:41 PM..
youthfuliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Leo--I'm so thrilled for you! Your concern about maintenance was so evident, and to think you actually lost a half pound while easing into it--wowee!

SoHappy - I really needed to hear your words of wisdom regarding patience. I have said from Day 1 that I would be happy to lose a pound a week ala Leo...and yet, when it looks like this week I will indeed lose "just" one pound, I'm feeling a little antsy. I had such a nice whoosh after coming home from vacation, and I had psyched myself up to see another substantial drop on the scale today. Well, in most ways it WAS a substantial drop--down another 1/2 pound which puts me exactly on schedule to lose a full pound this week--but darn I am mad at myself for feeling a little disappointed.

I'm over it now, though lol.

If only I had been content to lose "just" one pound a week many many years ago when I first started dieting and looking for the crash diet "miracle," I might not have struggled all my life with this weight.

youthfuliz--I too do the M/W/F DDs because of a commitment that is pretty steady for Tuesdays, which involves a lot of cooking (and thus eating). I make either Saturday or Sunday a MD depending on how our plans look for the weekend. Today we had a nice salad at Chipotle's around mid-afternoon, and have no wild and crazy plans for tonight. Neither of us is hungry for a big dinner tonight, maybe something light, so this will be my MD this weekend.

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #533
Senior LCF member

Donna- Take it from me, consistency is the key. Please don't psych yourself up for a bigger loss so that losing a pound becomes a disappointment. As you can see from my stats, those weekly pounds add up!

Also keep in mind that as a 'steady' loss, scientists say that the human body can only lose 2 lbs of fat a week. So any loss larger than that involves water loss and/or [horrors!] muscle tissue.

Thus, losing more slowly is both healthier (more liable to lose mainly fat) and more realistic.

Last edited by Leo41; 02-26-2011 at 03:36 PM..
Old 02-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Thank you Leo--I hope you know what an inspiration and treasure you are for this group!

DH and I were just commiserating about how fast the time goes by. It seems like we were just looking forward to going away on our winter trip, and now it's not only over but we have been back home for a whole week! Sheesh, where does the time go.

Also, something really really wonderful happened for us last year on the 1st of March. I can't believe it's almost the anniversary already. If I'd found JUDDD then and lost "only" a pound a week....
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #535

youthfuliz, Welcome!

I agree with you about how it got easier to do the low calorie DDs after awhile. My brain wasn't used to a day of such 'small' eating. It took a bit for my body to be content, and occasionally I still have a tough one, but the better I do, the more I help myself.

Donna, I agree with you about "if only I'd have lost a measly pound a week years ago"........

That's sort of my mindset now. I have to eat. I like to eat. I'm going to eat. So why not eat this way? In exchange for DD fasts, I get to enjoy UDs of more leniency. Before, I was enjoying all my days as UDs, and not too lenient, but just a bit too much. What if I'd have been doing JUDDD during that time? I'd have still been enjoying almost all the same foods on my UDs as I did anyway, and I'd be slimmer now too.

Sammykatt, do you feel you have enough information from our past postings here so that you feel you know sort of how you want to design your JUDDD eating program? I still have reading to do here to get caught up, so don't know if you got enough information to feel comfortable in how to proceed. Ask again if you are still having questions. We all want you to be very successful with this and be able to enjoy weight loss as well as all the UDs that aren't really like being on a diet at all! LOL
Old 02-27-2011, 05:41 AM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning JUDDDers!!

Happy Sunday!

I want to thank Leo for her wonderful and wise information and sharing of her experience.

Also thank you SoHappy and all of you!

So, today, after an EXCELLENT DD, I am UP 1 pound from yesterday and on Weigh In today, I am UP 2 pounds for the week. And I've been this weight (176), in my stats since Feb. 14. I go up to 178 and back down to 176. I did have 2 days of 175, but ended up today at 176.8.

Again, this is the place on the scale which usually sets in and I cannot get past it and I end up bouncing up and down 2-5 pounds for weeks and then get discouraged, give up and gain it all back.

HOWEVER, because of the wonderful information shared here, I am not even upset! I am disappointed, but I know that JUDDD works and my success is not determined by the numbers, but my consistency to my plan and waiting it out for affirmation by the numbers.

I am going to review the lessons learned and chart my weight loss on my 6 weeks of JUDDD.

Instead, I'm going to have a wonderful MD, as planned, walk on my Gazelle and spend time with my daughter (who is sick again and in my bed) and not obsess about weight loss.

Thank you all for helping me get to this emotionally strong place in the face of possible derailment. THANK YOU!!

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 02-27-2011 at 05:55 AM..
Old 02-27-2011, 07:17 AM   #537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
RFL-I remember times when Leo stalled (around a set point if I remember correctly) for at least a month--and then 4-5 pounds seemed to come off at once--this happened a number of times for her--

I myself am currently stalled at my setpoint. Some of this is because I have been travelling so much lately, that it is sabotaging my efforts--but some of it is because I truly am at a setpoint. I too know that if I have an extended period of time to stick to my plan (a little different from juddd because of binge tendencies, but similar enough) that I will break through. Of course, I am off to DC in 10 days and Mauii 10 days after that, so (shrugs)

ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:19 AM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Sunday Ladies....

I'm up a 1.6lbs this morning for this week...but hey can't be losing weight every week...i'm very happy with the progress on this program...i've learn to get back into basic of counting calories and to make most of those calories count as much as possible...i know it's hard at times...but hey i've got push through it....

Thank you everyone for your inspirations...in the end we all want the same things, to be healthy....

Let's have ourself a great week

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-27-2011 at 07:22 AM..
Old 02-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #539
Senior LCF member

RealFood-

Ouis is correct, although I don't know that I'd call them 'set points,' but I had more than a couple of times where I 'bounced around' between 1 and 2 lbs up and down for about a month; then suddenly dropped 4 lbs, and went down from there. I think it's something our bodies do, and I don't know why that happens when it does. For me, those times did not correlate with a weight I had been at for any period of time in my life, so it wasn't the 'set point' issue.

I didn't make any changes, just stayed with what I was doing, and eventually the scale dropped. This was all within a month, so just from 14 Feb. is no time at all for something like this. I'd stick with your eating plan as is for a while and forget about it. One thing I've begun to appreciate is Dr. A's comment that a 'stall' is 6 weeks for more because I've found that within 4 weeks, all sorts of things can happen--and it's not a stall at all.

Losing steadily can lull us into a sense that it will always be that way, and when things change a little, we tend to panic (at least I do!).
Old 02-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammykatt
Stats: 186/168.8/150
WOE: I dont even know anymore
Quote:
youthfuliz, Welcome!

I agree with you about how it got easier to do the low calorie DDs after awhile. My brain wasn't used to a day of such 'small' eating. It took a bit for my body to be content, and occasionally I still have a tough one, but the better I do, the more I help myself.

Donna, I agree with you about "if only I'd have lost a measly pound a week years ago"........

That's sort of my mindset now. I have to eat. I like to eat. I'm going to eat. So why not eat this way? In exchange for DD fasts, I get to enjoy UDs of more leniency. Before, I was enjoying all my days as UDs, and not too lenient, but just a bit too much. What if I'd have been doing JUDDD during that time? I'd have still been enjoying almost all the same foods on my UDs as I did anyway, and I'd be slimmer now too.

Sammykatt, do you feel you have enough information from our past postings here so that you feel you know sort of how you want to design your JUDDD eating program? I still have reading to do here to get caught up, so don't know if you got enough information to feel comfortable in how to proceed. Ask again if you are still having questions. We all want you to be very successful with this and be able to enjoy weight loss as well as all the UDs that aren't really like being on a diet at all! LOL

ummm... I think I have enough to get by for now! I'm still trying to think of the things I can eat on my DD's... UD's shouldn't be to hard if I still keep it kinda LC. I am pretty happy about getting to eat breads again tho!

I think I will have to just go to the store someday (when I'm not dying of sickness like I am today!) and just look at all the protein bars and shakes and see if I can find some good ones for the DD's.

What does everyone else have on their DD's?
159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150
Sammykatt is offline   Reply With Quote