Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Good Morning Lovely JUDDDers!

I'm convinced this is the best little group in cyberspace! Y'all are so wonderful!!

Today is a Do-Over DD. Gotta get it right today. Yesterday was off the charts, literally. 'Nuf said. I put off the gym today and I'm going to have an excellent DD today. Going to hard-boil some eggs in a few minutes and get my protein shake ready.

Leo, your posts are purely inspirational. I cannot thank you enough!!

SOHAPPY!! You're baaaaaaaaaaaack! I missed you!

Jodi, Leisa, Gaetane, and all of us, WE CAN do this! Right??

Have a wonderful, wild, wacky and happy JUDDD day!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Good Morning Lovely JUDDDers!

I'm convinced this is the best little group in cyberspace! Y'all are so wonderful!!

Today is a Do-Over DD. Gotta get it right today. Yesterday was off the charts, literally. 'Nuf said. I put off the gym today and I'm going to have an excellent DD today. Going to hard-boil some eggs in a few minutes and get my protein shake ready.

Leo, your posts are purely inspirational. I cannot thank you enough!!

SOHAPPY!! You're baaaaaaaaaaaack! I missed you!

Jodi, Leisa, Gaetane, and all of us, WE CAN do this! Right??

Have a wonderful, wild, wacky and happy JUDDD day!
Yes! so I'm not the only one having a do-over DD? yeah, we can do this together! I just ate two eggs, fried, no butter or oil. I don't usually do this but something Leo said made me think that maybe I might try it again. Eggs hold me for a long time as long as I don't eat anything with them, so I'm hoping this will carry me through till evening and then I will probaby have my Atkins bar with cream cheese and be done! Go, Go RealFood!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/145.0/140 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Good morning Judders....had a very nice MD yesterday...i did manage to get myself back on track since my little overboard food fest on saturday...

Today being a DD...i'm bringing up my calories consumption between 30-35%..which it give me 566-661 calories on DD and 1,888 for UD...which i never need that much in a day..i'm giving this a try...if it doesn't work out i'll go back to induction...the way i look at it it's only 66-161 calories more a day on my DD..

Leo...

I use a HRM when i exercise...and for me ...i was told since the age of who knows when that "CALORIES IN vs CALORIES OUT...it's always been my motto...i exercise 1 hour,5 days a week...3 days of weight training with cardio and 2 days of 1 hour of cardio...

And i do believe like you that 90% of the battle is the food...cause i have no problem doing the exercises..and look i still have problems with my weight...

Well Judders ..hope you'll have a great day...you're all doing awesome

~~~GAETS~~~

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-21-2011 at 09:29 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hello all...back from my trip to Florida. I haven't had time to catch up on all the posts, but wanted to relate that I've decided to abandon JUDD at this point and do the 17 Day Diet plan. My hubby is joining me (and also my friend from FL) which will make meal preparation much easier. I'll check in back here after I complete my first 17 day cycle and let you all know how I'm doing. It's a program of 3 cycles (4th one for maintenance) with the 3rd one being an alternate day plan of cycles 1 and 2, which should be similar to the JUDD philosophy. I have time to complete 2 cycles before I leave for a 3 week vacation in HH. All this traveling is certainly challenging!!

Continuing good wishes for all you JUDDers and I post on the Daily Weigher Thread if any of you are interested in my progress throughout. Thanks for all of your support...this is a GREAT group!!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Hello all...back from my trip to Florida. I haven't had time to catch up on all the posts, but wanted to relate that I've decided to abandon JUDD at this point and do the 17 Day Diet plan. My hubby is joining me (and also my friend from FL) which will make meal preparation much easier. I'll check in back here after I complete my first 17 day cycle and let you all know how I'm doing. It's a program of 3 cycles (4th one for maintenance) with the 3rd one being an alternate day plan of cycles 1 and 2, which should be similar to the JUDD philosophy. I have time to complete 2 cycles before I leave for a 3 week vacation in HH. All this traveling is certainly challenging!!

Continuing good wishes for all you JUDDers and I post on the Daily Weigher Thread if any of you are interested in my progress throughout. Thanks for all of your support...this is a GREAT group!!
I wish you luck through your journey...i know you'll do well ..i'll see you on Daily Weight Thread...
Old 02-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #426
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Do any of you use ****** to track your foods, calories, nutrients, etc. ?

I'm trying to get into the site and can't. Anybody else having this problem right now, or is it my computer? Argggg.....
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Good Afternoon JUDDDers!!

I know I have been MIA, but just busy. I am still JUDDDing away. I have still been struggling with my weekends, although I have managed to lose 2 lbs, after being stuck at 125.4 FOREVER. I finally see a pattern here that I am ready to break. I am pretty low carb during the week and relax the carbs quite a bit on the weekend. I really feel like that has been my downfall, because no matter how hard I try I just cannot get it under control on the weekends. On top of that, every Monday I feel really crappy physically and usually have a headache that won't quit.

*Sigh* I am finally facing it that I need to go low carb, in order to drop weight, be healthy, and just plain feel good. So, I started on Saturday and guess what it was actually a successful downday on a WEEKEND. I had an upday yesterday and it was completely controlled and low carb. This is the 1st weekend in a long time that I felt in control. For me, I have been eating way too many carbs. According to ******, I am averaging 113 carbs a day, so I am going for an average of 50-60 to see if I am able to lose on that amount.

Leo It's good to see you doing so well!!

Donna Congrats on Onderland!! JUDDD rocks!

Leisa It's great to see you here. I hope your kids are feeling better. I had bronchitis a couple of weeks ago, and I know how miserable it can be.

I do track all my calories with ****** everyday. I was on today with no problems, but had issues getting on yesterday.

Happy JUDDDing everyone! I am really going to try harder to check in more often.

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110

Last edited by NoSugarShell; 02-21-2011 at 11:14 AM..
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #428
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Sherrie- Good luck with your new plan. We all have to find what works for us and is also workable because whatever you do to lose weight, you're going to have to modify it but stick to it in order to maintain the loss. So it really pays to find something you can do long term.

SoHappy- I looked into ****** once and decided it was too much trouble to deal with. I can't do any plan that requires me to weigh/measure my food. I count carbs and calories but entirely 'by hand' so to speak. It works for me, but I know that most people prefer ******.

Michelle- Congratulations on getting out of your rut! Weekends seem to be a problem for all of us. I don't even work any more and yet I have this feeling of wanting to 'let go' on the weekends--weird.

You need to find a carb level that you can live with and also allows you to lose and feel good. Some people can manage carbs in the 100-150g range, but I'm not one of them. And for weight loss, most people don't recommend anything much over 50-60g.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I think TOM may be playing a bit of a part in my hunger because I'm still having a tough dd, but that drink made it 100 times worse so at least it's not THAT bad.. I am having a hard time today though...maybe some leftover affects from the drink though too. I know I can make it today but it's hard! yikes!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Hi juddders. Still doing pretty good. DD today.
I am getting a little hungry. But I am trying
to make it to 6pm.

I hope everyones having a good day.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

DD for me today, and boy am I white knuckling it! I can do this!! Maybe, I am about to drop some weight
Old 02-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #432
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: taylor/colorado
Stats: 184/175/145 - 5'7
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 2/18/11
Leo,

Its Taylor. Know what? I lost 3 pounds. I jumped into a DD - not bad; felt good being in control. UD on Sunday - and I didn't go buck naked wild eating carbs. Stayed below 20. Today is awesome. I feel so much lighter; like my insides are shrinking, but knowing that my body is releasing water. I am not hungry, although I am eating very simple. Called my endo fellow. I said "Why did you tell me about Dr. Johnson"? He said, "I did, but you didn't want to hear anything but Atkins stuff." He is pleased. Still reading Dr. J's book. I have so many questions to ask. But they will come later.

Woooooohooooo!

Last edited by taylor/colorado; 02-21-2011 at 04:38 PM..
taylor/colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Whew! I basically consider myself home free for this dd now. I just finished an atkins bar with cream cheese and I'm sipping my diet coke. I am waiting on daughter #2 to come out of dance .... she' just watching tonight.... so I can go pickup daughter #1 and go home. By the time I get home I'll be ready for my shower and bed!! woohoo! Just celebrating victory a little early.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Whew! I basically consider myself home free for this dd now. I just finished an atkins bar with cream cheese and I'm sipping my diet coke. I am waiting on daughter #2 to come out of dance .... she' just watching tonight.... so I can go pickup daughter #1 and go home. By the time I get home I'll be ready for my shower and bed!! woohoo! Just celebrating victory a little early.

YAY Leisa! Celebrating with you!! You CAN do this!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all!

I made it, I made it, I made it!! One back to basics DD! YAY!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Hey y'all!

I made it, I made it, I made it!! One back to basics DD! YAY!
Yay! You are doing so very well!

And I want to applaud all of you who struggled with a DD today but fought hard. If you were able to keep to your tiny calorie limit, that is wonderful, and if you faltered but didn't go too far above your DD limit, that's still going to be a really good day for you.

I myself faltered. Darn! This was a harder day today than I've experienced before on any DD. They used to be pretty easy. I just did them. Today we just hung out and watched movies and snuggled on the couch... and had popcorn and hot chocolate with whipped cream. :blush:

So tomorrow may have to be my DD instead.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #437
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Taylor!
It's good to see you here, and don't hesitate to ask any questions you have. Everyone here is trying to do the same plan. I do both low carb and JUDDD, mainly because low carb seems to be the healthiest WOE for me.

SoHappy- In my experience, some DDs are almost impossible, and I've never been able to figure out any specific reason when mine are difficult. I managed to stay under 500 cal yesterday, but it wasn't easy.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:51 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Good morning judders!!

I have been working extra but planni g really well I had a good week!

Sohappy....I use ****** and have for many years. For me it's easy to do and I have Amit of custom stuff saved so that is why I have never changed. I do weigh my foods most of the time. I don't know it just makes me feel better when I do and know that I am being accurate. I have trouble using my palm or eyeballing it.

I have a new find. It's called Celsius. It's a drink with only 10 calories it has healthy stuff in it like green tea and vitamins. No caffeine.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:30 AM   #439

OK, back on track today and making this a DD. I have all of my food prepared or in mind, and that's much of the *battle won* right there. And I have to do a big grocery shopping trip today so I need to have my mind focused and in the right place. But I feel really on top of it today, so expect success!

I finally got back into the ****** site. They must have been doing maintenance on it or something. I track my weight, foods and portions, and especially the individual nutrients over there. I know I can always pop pills to fill in where I'm lacking in diet, but I still try to cover most of the bases most of the time with real food.

I'll be looking forward to reading everyone's posts here today. You all keep me motivated. I think since I maintained for quite awhile, I was basically mostly satisfied at that weight, and while losing another 10 to 12 from that weight has been wonderful, I seem to lack a bit of motivation lately to take it any further.

So one of the things I think I'll do today is spend just a little time in one of the nice department stores, browsing amongst the racks of clothing and looking over the fabulous things that always look so wonderful in the smaller sizes but never translate as well on me when I'm too big to pull off the design concept. That might give me the motivation I need to make another big push to lose a few more pounds!

IN FACT... this just occurred to me!... I should see if they have the new swimsuits in yet!!! Now that might be enough to keep me really, really on track.

Well, hope you all have a great day, and hope I do wonderfully well to make up for my disappointing and feeble attempt yesterday. I'll report back in this evening with my results.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:42 AM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarShell View Post
Good Afternoon JUDDDers!!

I know I have been MIA, but just busy. I am still JUDDDing away. I have still been struggling with my weekends, although I have managed to lose 2 lbs, after being stuck at 125.4 FOREVER. I finally see a pattern here that I am ready to break. I am pretty low carb during the week and relax the carbs quite a bit on the weekend. I really feel like that has been my downfall, because no matter how hard I try I just cannot get it under control on the weekends. On top of that, every Monday I feel really crappy physically and usually have a headache that won't quit.

*Sigh* I am finally facing it that I need to go low carb, in order to drop weight, be healthy, and just plain feel good. So, I started on Saturday and guess what it was actually a successful downday on a WEEKEND. I had an upday yesterday and it was completely controlled and low carb. This is the 1st weekend in a long time that I felt in control. For me, I have been eating way too many carbs. According to ******, I am averaging 113 carbs a day, so I am going for an average of 50-60 to see if I am able to lose on that amount.

Happy JUDDDing everyone! I am really going to try harder to check in more often.
I hear you and I relate!!! I'm re-starting with strict low carb myself. I've been following JUDDD faithfully but I finally had to stop weighing in once a week because I was seeing no loss on the scale. Like you, I've come to the realization that I also need to low carb on my UD's to see results.

I need to check in more as well, but I definitely LURK and I'm happy to see everyone doing so well and getting past the struggles. This is a great group!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning lovelies!

Today will be a MD for me getting back on track after a walk (no run) on the wild side Sunday night.

Yesterday was good, but a "white knuckler" to be sure. (Thank you SoHappy for your reply and good words!)

Today is a bittersweet, emotional day for us as a family. It is the 18th birthday of our son, who now lives in Heaven. I don't want to run to food for comfort, so I will rest in G-d and think of our son and count my blessings with my family.

I'm not planning on exercising today, my body and spirit are just needing some TLC today. I'll post my menu in the menu thread.

Love and hugs for everyone today!! Have a blessed day y'all!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
{{{{{{RFL}}}}}}}
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning, JUDDDers!!

Well, I made it through the down day yesterday, and it was ROUGH!!! I didn't lose anything, but something is bloating me super bad. The only new thing I have added to my diet is avocado. I have had it for the previous 3 days. I think that might be what is bloating me. I think it is also upseting my stomach. I blamed the stomach upset on the "carb withdrawal", but I really think it might be that. Darn it...I was really liking them. Anyone else have issues with them?

RealFoodLiving - You are in my thoughts on such an emotional day.

Anyway, upday today....

I have it all planned out and it comes to under 40 carbs.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Judders...

Did not too bad yesterday...i did upped my calories for my DD yesterday to 30%...and it went well...i still managed to lose weight this morning... so today it's my UD...still have to keep it resonable...and count those calories...i'm doing one thing at a time...calories first and then i'll take care those carbs....

Received my HRM last night....so happy ..i rely on that gadget so much...to bring my heart rate up while i'm working out...it's really pushing me just like having a trainer with me...

Keep up with the good job ladies...you're all doing wonderful...
Old 02-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #445

RFL, my heart is just so sad to hear that you had a child gone from you at such a young age. I know that you are happy for the exquisite joy he has now in Heaven.. just lonesome for him until you see him again. I'm sorry you all are going through this, and I do understand what you mean about this day being both bitter and sweet for you.

You are all in my prayers today, and I know you will all feel your son's close presence and rejoice for him.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #446
Junior LCF Member

Good day all,

Now that I have found JUDDD its imperative that I start tracking my caloric intake. So, I am looking for your opnions of what online calorie tracker is the best. And best meaning, easiest to use for inputing food information and other data that easily retrievable. I know about ****** and Fat Secret. Are there any others that you are particulary fond of?

Thanks!
Taylor
Old 02-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #447

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor/colorado View Post
Good day all,

Now that I have found JUDDD its imperative that I start tracking my caloric intake. So, I am looking for your opnions of what online calorie tracker is the best. And best meaning, easiest to use for inputing food information and other data that easily retrievable. I know about ****** and Fat Secret. Are there any others that you are particulary fond of?

Thanks!
Taylor
I'll be watching for answers here too. I use ****** and am so used to it by now that it works well for me.

Without weighing and measuring my foods and cooking ingredients I don't think I'd be able to really count on my calorie numbers. I don't think I'd intentionally go over, but just that wouldn't really know how much protein or how many calories I was truly getting. Now I'm so used to ****** that all my foods are already in there.

I have a postal scale here from when I sold on ebay and shipped so much out, and it's accurate down to mere fractions of an ounce. So I use that for weighing. It's just another small kitchen appliance at this time. LOL
Old 02-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
My usual Tuesday project got canceled today because of 9" of snow on top of 1/2" of ice. I miss South Carolina!

Anyway, before it was canceled I had popped a big fat turkey in the oven and now can't use it the way I had planned. Once it cools a bit I'm going to take the meat off the bones, and I'm interested in trying bone broth mentioned by RFL and others--do I just put the carcass and various other turkey things in water and simmer? Or should I roast the bones for a while first?

My new official weigh days are gonna be Tuesday and Saturday. I have always been a daily weigher and really tried to break that habit, but hated not knowing what was going on while I was on vacation. Now since I've been back I've been hopping on the scale every day again. I'm making a compromise with myself - I'll weigh on Saturdays to keep me motivated for the weekend, when I do a MD and UD, and I'll weigh on Tuesdays to keep me honest for the weekend. I'm hoping myself will accept this compromise from myself.

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #449
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'll be watching for answers here too. I use ****** and am so used to it by now that it works well for me.

I have a postal scale here from when I sold on ebay and shipped so much out, and it's accurate down to mere fractions of an ounce. So I use that for weighing. It's just another small kitchen appliance at this time. LOL
SoHappy,

I read that you used a postal scale several days ago and thought, what a brilliant idea! For now, its just using the conventional cups and tablespoon method, and what I think its an accurate eye ball measurment as well.

I am wondering if there are any open-source programs that would do as well as Fit Day? When I travel for work and such, there are times when I don't have an internet connection and having a program that doesn't require internet would be so much better.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor/colorado View Post
SoHappy,

I read that you used a postal scale several days ago and thought, what a brilliant idea! For now, its just using the conventional cups and tablespoon method, and what I think its an accurate eye ball measurment as well.

I am wondering if there are any open-source programs that would do as well as Fit Day? When I travel for work and such, there are times when I don't have an internet connection and having a program that doesn't require internet would be so much better.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I always used to use a notebook, pen, and a good calorie count paperback book. In fact, I still have mine. It's about an inch thick, but very complete and only 'paperback' size, so easy to take with. But I do have to admit that it took a lot longer to keep looking up everything in the book than it does to just type a food into ******. Although after awhile, since I eat a lot the same foods on 'diet days', I pretty much already knew how much and at what calorie count...

Still looking forward to hearing reviews from the others and how they track their consumption and the calorie levels for their foods.