Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 03:19 AM   #391
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Weekly Weigh In
I'm at my signature weight this morning (153) which is very good (lower end of my goal range of 152-158), but I had an interesting week.

I decided to add in a lot more fresh vegetables to help with regularity, and as a permanent maintenance WOE. This meant raising my carb level, and I'm very sensitive to carbs. A friend suggested that while making changes like this, I should weigh more than once during the week--3x to try to see what happens.

What happened is typical JUDDD, and perhaps some higher carb effect as well. My weight bounced up mid-week by 5 lbs, but it was obvious that it was water retention because my fingers got 'pudgy' and I felt bloated, despite the fact that my 'regularly' problem had been resolved.

Rather than make any changes, I decided to see what would happen by the end of the week, and yesterday, I began pee-ing like crazy, and this morning, the scale was back to 'normal.' I'm hoping this means that I can stay at this higher carb level (30-50g) rather than the lower (10-20g) from now on. Since these carbs are all vegetables--non-starchy--I can't believe they can cause a gain.

In any case, the moral of this excessively long story is not to panic if you're a frequent weigher but to wait at least a week (preferably 2) before making any changes based on what you assume is a 'gain.' Often it's simply water weight.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Did eat a little more last night but not too badly. AFter two ud's and a not so great dd, I was up only 1 pound from my lowest. UD today and hopefully a very successful dd tomorrow. daughter #2 woke with 103.5 fever this morning so this is the neverending flu!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:45 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.0/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
My DD went well yesterday even though i was hungry last night......

And i'm starving this morning....but before i plunge into food...i'm calculating everything that will go in my mouth...but i know it's going to be hard cause of hubby being home...i always seem to eat more and we have a glass of wine or two ..as long as can brake even at the end of the day ...that's all i want for an UD....

Leisa...i'm 54 ....been going through that phase now for the last couple of years....at the beginning that's how it was, having the nightsweat and being cold at the same time...now it's mostly hotflash....
I hope your babies starts feeling better soon...

Laura...good luck through your journey...

~~~GAETS~~~

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-19-2011 at 05:47 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:31 AM   #394
Senior LCF member

Leisa- I hope the kids are better soon! I once had a flu (many years ago) that hung on for about 3 weeks. The doctor told me at the time and some of these strains of flu have that characteristic (i.e., long lasting), and there's nothing you can do but ride it out. You also have to take it easy for a while after you're well because otherwise, they can recur.

Don't feel bad about that DD. The only way I manage mine is by going to bed early, and if I had to stay up as you did, I'd surely need more food. It will all work out for you, I'm sure, and this illness has to be your first priority.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning All you JUDDD'ers!!!

Laura! Great group here!

Hi to the other Laura (ellgee)! I've been having a some white knuckle DD's as well but I keep hangin' in there. I'm staying off the scales for awhile, trying to keep track of my UD's without really thinking about it too much...a huge feat. I think I need to go get some more low carb bread and try and find my way back to ultra low carb on my UD.s

Leo~ I'm so glad you were able to successfully add more veggies to your eating plan. That's going to help so much in your satiety.

Leisa~ I hope you children are better soon! My two G-daughters have type B flu right now and my Daughter is exhausted with taking care of them.

Regarding menopause~ Last winter was the worst for night sweats. I would wake up sweating (my pj's had to be changed out) throw off the covers and then wake up sometime later with my teeth chattering and crawl back under the covers, only to do it again on the same night. I haven't had a period in 15 months so technically I'm post-menopausal and my hot flashes have slowed down but they are by no means, gone. I don't take any HRT's, I'm 55 and at the median age to be in menopause...so I tough it out. It can be miserable.

Hi to mommygates, penguin power and anyone I missed. So sorry if I did, it's hard to keep up, I usually just lurk around......

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Leo!!. That's fantastic.... U may find that u r able to tolerate more cArbs than u think...it would be wonderful move up the latter a bit.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
I couldn't wait, got on the scale this a.m. and ta-da! I'm in Onederland!

Plus, I lost more than a pound per week while on my trip. I could not be happier about this diet. I've lost 14 pounds in a little over a month which is just mind-boggling to me. I've had to fight and claw for every ounce all my life, and this is such a shock.

I know it won't continue at this pace, but I'm so thrilled to be below 200 for the first time in several years.

I had a rough DD yesterday--something I ate at that KFC buffet no doubt trigged something since I've been quite content on my DDs since starting. I got through it though with the help of lots of liquids and some konjac pudding. Man, I love that stuff--not that the taste is anything earth-shaking but it fills me up and that's what helps me more than anything.

I'm not going to change anything about what I'm doing food-wise right now. I'm going to stick to steady M/W/F DDs because of my Tuesday project and since I'm still so heavy I'm hoping that will continue working for a while. Maybe as I get lower in weight I'll need to alternate to get those extra DDs in there.

One change--I am going to try to boost my plain water intake. I have a tendency to grab Crystal Light or Diet Pepsi instead of water, so my new rule is I have to drink a cup of plain water *first* and then I can drink something else. I like water, I guess I just like the other stuff better lol. I've also diluted my Crystal Light more than previously, totally by accident. I always mixed one of those little tubs of powder into a whole gallon of water instead of 2 qts. I had quite a stock of it that I just finished, and started on the "new" packages. Well, the newer containers of Crystal Light are now in foil tubes instead of tubs, and I didn't notice that one of the tubes makes only 1 quart instead of two, so I put one tube into a gallon. It has a nice mild flavor (and less calories), so I'm pleased with that little substitution. Of course, you have to pay just as much for the "new" Crystal Light that makes only four two-quart servings instead of five. So I foiled them in their nefarious plan, and make eight gallons instead of eight quarts. I love being a cheapskate.

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
In any case, the moral of this excessively long story is not to panic if you're a frequent weigher but to wait at least a week (preferably 2) before making any changes based on what you assume is a 'gain.' Often it's simply water weight.
THANK YOU again Leo!! Again, you have come to rescue by sharing your experiences and wisdom!! Thank you! We are so blessed to have you share what you are walking through!

And I needed to READ YOUR POST 1st thing when I signed on because for the first time since I started JUDDD, I will have a gain at the scale and I've not been off-plan.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
I couldn't wait, got on the scale this a.m. and ta-da! I'm in Onederland!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!:co ol::kicking :

ONEderland is WONderland!!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #400
Senior LCF member

Blonde- Do you only have these hot/cold spells at night? That was true for me throughout menopause, and I didn't take any HRT at all (although it was really beening pushed when I was in my 50s). In the long run, I think I was better off just 'enduring' the nighttime discomfort because it wasn't a daily situation--just a few times a week.

I kept telling myself that menopause is a totally natural process and the emphasis on HRT was simply Big Pharma's effort to create yet another revenue stream for itself by medicalizing menopause. I know there are women who suffer serious effects from the hormone disruptions, but I was sure I wasn't one of them, especially since my 'hot flashes' only came at night.

My major problem with menopause is that it triggered Hashimoto's, and I couldn't get a hypothyroid diagnosis because my primary attributed all my symptoms to 'aging.'

Donna: Great loss--but I also know how it feels to be under 200! You're doing great, and isn't it satisfying to lose on vacation? I love doing that myself. By the way, I bet your system was upset by that MSG and stuff that KFC uses--it's insidious because it makes the stuff taste good, but you pay for it later.

Real Food: Yes, I know it's upsetting to not see a loss on the scale or [horrors] a higher number, but when you know you've been on plan, it has to be water. Didn't you say that you recently went back to the gym? Keep in mind that stressed muscles tend to retain water temporarily for healing of the microscopic tears they experience when we work out.

The good news is that when you get rid of temporary water weight and have been eating on plan, you see a greater than usual loss because it all finally shows up on that scale. So that's something to look forward to.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Real Food: Yes, I know it's upsetting to not see a loss on the scale or [horrors] a higher number, but when you know you've been on plan, it has to be water. Didn't you say that you recently went back to the gym? Keep in mind that stressed muscles tend to retain water temporarily for healing of the microscopic tears they experience when we work out.

The good news is that when you get rid of temporary water weight and have been eating on plan, you see a greater than usual loss because it all finally shows up on that scale. So that's something to look forward to.
Thank you Leo! You don't know how much I needed to hear (read) that right now. Here I am at my SetPoint, where I usually derail, the scale is showing a gain, I NEED to have a low DD today and I can feel the frustration kicking in, which signals warning for me.

I appreciate you taking the time to encourage me with your experience and caring. That means so much and I AM encouraged!! Bless you!
Old 02-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Took my girls to the ER. One has acute bronchitis and the flu. The other has Strep and the flu, so they are both now on an antibiotic. Hopefully things look up from here on out! (just pray my 14 year old continues to avoid this thing!)
Old 02-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Took my girls to the ER. One has acute bronchitis and the flu. The other has Strep and the flu, so they are both now on an antibiotic. Hopefully things look up from here on out! (just pray my 14 year old continues to avoid this thing!)
Oh Leisa!!I'm so sorry!!! I'm praying for you all!
Old 02-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Oh Leisa!!I'm so sorry!!! I'm praying for you all!
Thanks!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #405
Senior LCF member

Leisa- The girls should both feel better and improve with the antibiotics, but if the doctor didn't tell you this (mine didn't), watch them for any signs that they're NOT getting better. I once had flu/bronchitis, and my doctor gave me an antibiotic, but it turned out that it was the wrong one for my particular strain (they just guess), and I got worse and worse and didn't realize it was because the med wasn't right. I wound up in the ER, they called my doc, he changed the antibiotic, and the difference was really dramatic. I don't want to worry you, but I don't want anyone to ever go through something like that.

RealFood- I absolutely know that feeling of frustration when you've been on plan, and the scale is moving up and not down. Please don't give in to it. Remind yourself that this works; it has worked for you, and it's still working. The number on the scale is just from your body's mysterious activities (hormones, water retention, etc.), and you'll see that scale go down soon.

JUDDD is not easy, and it's difficult to stay with it when we don't get that 'reward' on the scale. But keep in mind that the alternative, eating off plan, is just counter productive. It's frustration like this that derails so many on LCF--don't be one of them!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Leisa I hope they feel better soon. I hope your 14year old avoids it too..

Donna I am really happy for u that onderland has arrived!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:44 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Leisa- The girls should both feel better and improve with the antibiotics, but if the doctor didn't tell you this (mine didn't), watch them for any signs that they're NOT getting better. I once had flu/bronchitis, and my doctor gave me an antibiotic, but it turned out that it was the wrong one for my particular strain (they just guess), and I got worse and worse and didn't realize it was because the med wasn't right. I wound up in the ER, they called my doc, he changed the antibiotic, and the difference was really dramatic. I don't want to worry you, but I don't want anyone to ever go through something like that.

RealFood- I absolutely know that feeling of frustration when you've been on plan, and the scale is moving up and not down. Please don't give in to it. Remind yourself that this works; it has worked for you, and it's still working. The number on the scale is just from your body's mysterious activities (hormones, water retention, etc.), and you'll see that scale go down soon.

JUDDD is not easy, and it's difficult to stay with it when we don't get that 'reward' on the scale. But keep in mind that the alternative, eating off plan, is just counter productive. It's frustration like this that derails so many on LCF--don't be one of them!
Leo, yes, thank you and I do remember the doctor saying if no improvement in a couple of days, bring them back. They are actually already a little better.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:51 AM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes and the prayers for my sick girls. They are still sleeping this morning but when they went to bed last night, they were already feeling quite a bit better. Hopefully they will wake with no fever today. I'm trying to let them sleep as long as possible. My husband took the oldest and went to church so the house is quiet.

Today is a dd for me. TOM came yesterday for me, so I'm hoping some water retention goes away...not that I was noticing that much bloating but I figure there must be some, right, lol! I am very excited about something. I've noticed that the last several UD's, I have been feeling much more in control. I use to feel like simply had to eat everything I might possibly want but now I don't feel that way. I know there will be another ud soon and I know that dd's are not that hard and it's ok not to binge on an ud, lol! It's been a wonderful feeling! There just seems to be a lot of freedom with this woe and I love that. I don't like feeling tied down to anything!

Well, I still can't sit at the computer very well. Pain is getting some better but sitting at the computer is one of the harder things to do....this and driving.

Have a blessed day everyone and happy JUDDDING!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:59 AM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

You know Leo, you don't know how timely and encouraging your words have been to me this week.

Here I was sailing along, dropping weight fast, not struggling too much with JUDDD and all that. Then this week, as I hit my SetPoint, I hit a brick wall. In the past, I would mess round with my diet, change this and that and get frustrated and give up, and of course, gain the weight back, plus.

HOWEVER, this time, I am hearing your words and I know they come from actual experience with brick walls and you've overcome them and went past them.

THANK YOU for taking the time to encourage me to stay the course.

You are so right. JUDDD works and it works well for me. I know this, no matter WHAT the scale or my emotions say. If I stay on JUDDD, my body will catch up and it will reflect on the scale and the BEST thing I can do, is to keeping on doing it.

My DD yesterday turned into another MD. Well, that's OK. It was a good MD and I did not eat off-plan. SO, today, which should have been an MD, will be a DD! Another reason that I love JUDDD!

My weekly Weigh In was less than stellar like they have been in the past. I am up .2 pounds. HOWEVER, I stayed on plan and I have no doubt that my body is adjusting to my rapid weight loss and eventually, it will give up the pounds again. In the meantime, I hope to keep losing inches and keep on repairing my metabolism.

Thanks again Leo, you have helped me avoid the usual derailment!! I want to be as successful as you!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dear Leisa,

I am SO glad to hear that your sweet girlies are starting to feel better!! Praise G-d! I am continuing to pray for your healing and complete healing for your family.

Your revelations about JUDDD are awesome! Our minds are so funny, aren't they? The things we tell ourselves, like what I have told myself on UP days are similar to yours, that I should eat, eat, eat, because tomorrow I starve!

But, you are right, the truth is, we can be in control on UP days and DDs and we still can enjoy our food and lose weight!

Great Leisa! Thanks for sharing, that is so encouraging to all of us!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:51 AM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.0/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Good morning Judders....I fell off the wagon yesterday :blush:...ate way to much for my UD...but that's o.k....it's only one day and i'm back on track this morning...i would say it's mostly water retention...ate lots of salty treats...so drinking my water today...

I've done my 2 weeks induction at 20% of calories so this coming week i'm moving my DD between 30-35% of calories....and i know i'll still be ahead of the game...i know my biggest problem is overeating and portion control....and as as long as i keep on exercising i'll do good...

POSITIVE THINKING IS HALF THE BATTLE...

Donna...Congrats on onederland...WTG girl...keep it up

Leisa....glad your girls are finally getting better...wow that was a rough time for you...

have a great day ladies...
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gaetane,

Good for you for getting back on track today!

JUDDD is great for helping us learn portion control, I know it is helping me.

We're here for you!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WHERE ART THOU SOHAPPY?????
I miss youuuuuuuuuuu!!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Gaetane,

Good for you for getting back on track today!

JUDDD is great for helping us learn portion control, I know it is helping me.

We're here for you!
Yes! that is the other thing I was thinking yesterday. One of the things I love is breakfast so on my last couple of ud's I made myself an egg on a toasted bagel but yesterday after eating it, I realized I no longer really need that much....maybe half the bagel topped with the egg instead of a sandwich. THAT was a good feeling to realize that as I get slimmer, my needs lower and I can actually FEEL it with this woe!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #415
Senior LCF member

RealFood-
Don't worry too much about any 'set point' because we really don't know what our body is doing when the scale doesn't move--although we do know that after big losses, the body needs to adjust.

I think I've mentioned my experience with frustration. I was sailing along with a pound loss a week (4 lbs a month) for months at a time, and then suddenly, I went 3 weeks when the scale didn't move at all. I was eating totally on plan and decided that perhaps my thyroid was off, but that usually is accompanied by fatigue, and I didn't have any. Just before I panicked, the 4th week, I lost 4 lbs--so the month came out just like all the others. The same thing happened the following month, but it hasn't happened like that since. Obviously, I was losing that pound a week, but it wasn't showing on the scale for some reason. Weight loss is rarely linear, especially long term.

That's why I think we need to give ourselves a break, not be too anxious about the scale, and just focus on our eating one day at a time. I think the emphasis on these boards on "What I lost" can have a negative effect because we start worrying too much about what the scale is saying at any specific moment.

Gaets- If I were you, I would focus more on food than exercise. If you rely on exercise to use up those extra calories, you're going to be ultimately disappointed. First of all, most experts agree that 90% of weight loss is what we put in our mouths. And most of those exercise 'calculators' that tell you how many calories you're burning are inaccurate. They're based on 'averages,' and we're all different.

I work out for health, but I've never considered it in planning my food for the day in terms of adding any calories for exercise. In fact, if you use the JUDDD calculator for how many calories to plan, the activity component is already included.

Leisa- I'm glad the girls are improving. Antibiotics can be wonderful things!

And, yes, we can often eat out of 'habit' when our bodies no longer require the amount of food we're accustomed to giving it. I've been trying to 'listen' to my body more.

Some DD mornings, I've been very hungry but afraid to eat too much because I don't want to use up my calories. But I've found that if I go ahead and eat 200 cal with my morning coffee, then I'm not hungry until late in the day. Everyone always talks about skipping breakfast and not eating until noon or later, but I've discovered that I'm a 'morning eater,' and that's just how my body likes to function.

I suspect that sometimes when people 'binge' it's because they've been denying their body what it wants, and that powerful urge to eat is a hormonal response to that denial.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:02 AM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Leo....I needed to here today not to put to much I into the scale. I am stuck but know I stayed on plan so I need to keep plugging along!!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

okay, wow! I had the WEIRDEST thing happen yesterday! I was sailing along feeling really positive about my dd....very excited about seeing a new number on the scale and all.....BUT, I had bought some diet orange sodas and decided that instead of heavy cream in my coffee yesterday morning, I would have some in one of the orange sodas. BAD, BAD, MISTAKE! I started getting hungrier, and hungrier and HUNGRIER! I tried everything, all the while still feeling really motivated to stay the course but the physical hunger was so incredibly overwhelming that I finally thought, ok, there is just no point in THIS so I ate. The artificial sweetener in those sodas must have done it....it was the only thing different than my normal dd's. I almost always use a little heavy cream in my coffee on dd's so it wasn't that. So no sodas for me today.....funny thing is I normally drink Coke Zero or Diet Coke on my dd's as a little no calorie treat and never have experienced that. I'm going to check the label and see what they put in those but I will NEVER do that again. I don't even think TOM had THAT much to do with it. I was feeling so in control before I drank that and then my stomach started growling and growling and my girls even commented on it. ok, so here's to a better dd today. : ) Girls are MUCH better! thankfully so I'm going to get them out in the sun today.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Leo, I really enjoyed reading your insights today also. It helps to know that even when the scale doesn't move when we think it ought to that still good things are going on inside when we stay on course. I am a very slow loser and am always one step forward two steps back it seems so I've gotten used to the ups and downs but they're still hard. I always bounce back up after a loss and it can take two dd's to get back to which always seems so unfair when others can lose new weight every other day, so it helps to read your experience and know that I just need to stay the course....now if I can just FIND the course, lol!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 AM   #419
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
The whirlwind is over and we're back to a peaceful time here with many hours at home to relax before the computer. I'm so excited to think I can just do anything I want right now.. including just 'nothing'. We had a huge rush job on a big house which had to be done yesterday, so spent most of last week and even on Saturday and Sunday! I hate that. Add in a scheduled hospital procedure for my husband and a wonderful get-together one entire morning of old friends, and I guess that was enough to back everything up. Glad the last week is done and over.

Didn't have a chance to even get to a grocery store, so ran out of fresh fruits and vegetables. I relied mostly on the low carb meats/eggs/fats, but without my veggies I'm not a happy camper and I also fail to lose. But I did maintain what has been lost so far, so despite not losing anything else, all is not lost! LOL

The worst of being too busy is only getting to read and post at LowCarbForum hit or miss for a few minutes here and there, but I have finally been able to get caught up this morning, so want to say to you all, "YOU GUYS ROCK!!!"

You have had illnesses and family sickness, vacations and adventures, and very busy lives, and you're all hanging in there and doing so well, even many of you losing additional pounds, and maintaining weight losses. Good going!

I'm on a DD today, and must admit that for this last week or so my Down Days have been more in the range of 600 to 700 calories. It might have just been because of the hard work, but I'd just run out of steam but had to keep going anyway, so added a few more calories. I did keep UDs at my level except for one.. which was a complete run-away, and at such a high calorie level I finally stopped counting! I just can't figure out how I didn't gain any weight from the week, but perhaps I just worked the extra calories off.

Anyway, back to my normal calories levels of 500 cal DDs and 1,650 cal UDs. Grocery shopping this morning. Just making my list, and I think it must include every vegetable in the store! LOL I'm so hungry for my veggies again. DH wants ham and bean soup tonight, and I have a HUGE ham bone with all the left over meat on it from a spiral cut ham, simmered until it all fell apart and the bones fished out, so just have to add the cooked beans and seasonings and let it simmer ultra low this afternoon.

Hope you each are well today and JUDDD is working it miracle on your bodies, your health and metabolism.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #420
Senior LCF member

Jodi & Leisa-
What really helps me is keeping my weekly weight on a calendar so that I can look back and observe patterns. For example, even though I am well past TOM, practically every month throughout my weight loss journey, I didn't show any loss in the 3rd week of the month. Who knows why? The following week, I'd have a 2lb loss to 'make up' for that week.

Having my pattern available helped keep me from frustration during that 3rd week each month. If we stay on plan, we're still losing, but the body is playing around with water so that the loss doesn't show on the scale. The real danger is forgetting this and then 'indulging' out of frustration because we don't see a loss. That's what you want to avoid.

About the soda, Leisa. It could be a 'new development' for you because I drank diet sodas regularly until I realized that I was getting hungrier on DDs if I had one. It was, as you experienced, an intense hunger, and I certainly didn't need that on a DD--or ever!

I've found that giving up artificial sweeteners completely has really helped me stay in control. I have an incredible sweet tooth, and I suspect that anything with a sweet taste just stokes my appetite for more food. Of course, I don't eat fruit either for the same reason.

However, I can very occasionally have a dessert (in a restaurant) and not have any cravings, etc. But I keep sweets out of the house!