Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Good morning

Up day for me today. I have all my food made and planned now I just have to follow it!

Laura. Great attitude... Pick yourself back up and more on.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 04:59 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
Happy Monday and back to work today. The weekends always go too fast and I don't seem to accomplish all that I want to do. Well, got the important stuff done...food shopping, cooking, laundry and a little house keeping.

Today is a DD after a food fest this weekend. Glad to be back on track. Will be having protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, and fish for dinner.

Enjoy the day!
Jane
sweetpea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:24 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Leisa- Yes, the tramadol is great for helping you sleep when you're in pain. With my arthritis, I tend to get pain mainly when I am going to sleep, and I can have a very 'un-restful' sleep because of that. The doctor tells me that's because the muscles relax and the joint pain breaks through. In any case, I can get a really good night's sleep if I take my tramadol, but, as I mentioned, I try to avoid it as much as possible because of its side effects.

Laura- I tend to buy frozen veggies myself because it's easier for me to be flexible in meal planning. However, I've just been reading that fresh veggies are better for my new 'probiotic' plan (trying to cure my chronic constipation). So I spent today cooking the onions & zucchini, cauliflower, and asparagus I bought today so that I can freeze some of it for future meals. Otherwise, I'd be tempted to finish it all off today. That can be expensive, both in $$ and lbs
well, Leo, I can tell that for me, I ate a bag of frozen steamed veggies last night and have been in the bathroom all morning because I was having some constipation issue and that seemed to totally and then some do the trick for me. I'm sure fresh is better just thought it was funny to read this after the morning I've had.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:25 AM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Woke to 145 today. I'm going to claim it even though I will probably bounce back up some before it becomes official.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:45 AM   #305
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Leisa, good job getting down to 145 pounds! You must be looking wonderfully slim and trim by now.

One of the things that undoes constipation issues the fastest for any of us is a big, big salad of Spring Greens mix salad! There's something 'intense' about all those little red and green leaves of all shapes and sizes. LOL I eat green leafy stuff most every day, either a big salad or as lettuce/greens in a sandwich, or sliced leaves cooked into soups or sauces or whatever. That stuff is magic. Low in calories in the extreme and really big in nutients. And that bathroom thing that it does!

Jane, I'll bet you'll undo your full 'food fest' weekend by the end of today. Shakes and then fish for supper sounds like a good plan, and an easy one. You won't even have to worry about thinking it all out.

I'm going to enjoy a reasonable UD today after a nice DD yesterday. Valentine's Day supper tonight for DH and myself.

Hope you all have a good day!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:55 AM   #306
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Not 'any of us,' SoHappy. While you can speak for yourself, I don't think you can understand the issues other people may face.

Unlike you, my eating salads, or even a big bag of frozen veggies as worked for Leisa, has no effect on lack of regularity my regularity. That's why I'm not trying probiotics so that I have some data for when I see my GI doctor in a couple of weeks.

Sometimes these issues are more complex than those without them truly understand.

As I mentioned in a previous post, even the Rx that my doctor normally gives to people for whom the normal colonoscopy prep isn't sufficient, wasn't adequate for me when I had my last test.

I'm trying to find a 'natural' solution (like probiotics) so that I won't have to resort to reliance on Rx stimulants.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Not 'any of us,' SoHappy. While you can speak for yourself, I don't think you can understand the issues other people may face.

Unlike you, my eating salads, or even a big bag of frozen veggies as worked for Leisa, has no effect on lack of regularity my regularity. That's why I'm not trying probiotics so that I have some data for when I see my GI doctor in a couple of weeks.

Sometimes these issues are more complex than those without them truly understand.

As I mentioned in a previous post, even the Rx that my doctor normally gives to people for whom the normal colonoscopy prep isn't sufficient, wasn't adequate for me when I had my last test.

I'm trying to find a 'natural' solution (like probiotics) so that I won't have to resort to reliance on Rx stimulants.
OK, I'll try to pick my words very, very carefully. Sorry you have constipation issues and hope your can find a solution.

I will add, "any of us" refers to any of us in my family here, rather than "any of us" humans in the world.

Last edited by SoHappy; 02-14-2011 at 07:06 AM..
Old 02-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Leisa....congratulations on your loss!!

Haven't posted at all this weekend....super busy. Had a way overboard UD on Saturday and managed to gain back 2 of the 5 pounds I had lost. Why is it that it takes you all week to lose 5 and 2 can come back on with just one day of not being vigilant? Just doesn't seem fair.

A MD yesterday and lost one of the two I had gained on Saturday. Now a DD today, but may creep a bit over....planning crab legs for a Valentine's dinner for my sweetie tonight and will just have to watch the butter. Then on to Florida tomorrow and a few days of rest and relaxation and WARMTH!!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all and I will check back in on Saturday when I return.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #309

Sherrie, your Valentine's Day supper this evening with crab legs sounds wonderful.

Have a great trip to Florida. I know you'll come back relaxed and with the start of a summer tan already. LOL I envy you, although we're getting some warming here and the snow is beginning to melt away a lot.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
Good morning Judders...and happy valentine day...

Did my celebration yesterday...and gained almost everything from the start i started on the 2/7 at 157.2 today i'm at 156.6...very disappointing...so i guess i'll have to make some adjustment...maybe it was because of the UD Saturday and a MD on Sunday(i think it was a tad too high for a MD..i'll have to count calories also on week-end cause i usually don't... )...oh well i'm still on trial and error and i'm not giving up....

Today is a DD for me

Have a great and safe trip Sherrie...and congrats to all our losers...

~~~GAETS~~~

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-14-2011 at 08:05 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #311
Senior LCF member

Sherrie- I envy you Florida right now! Enjoy the warmth for me.

It's supposed to get warmer here in NY later this week, but I'll believe it when it's actually here.

I know you like to weigh every day, but keep in mind that a lot of the fluctuations you notice when you do that is not "fat" but water. I can bounce around within a 5 lb range without ever actually 'gaining' any true weight at all.

That's why I have a maintenance 'range' rather than a 'goal' weight. When I weigh, I want to be somewhere between 152 and 158 because true weight is not an absolute number. As long as I stay within those bounds, I'll know that I'm maintaining.

In weight-loss mode, even though I weighed weekly, when I look back at my charts, my weight by the month is a much more reliable indicator of loss.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi Every one.
Today is such a nice day. Love is in the air.
I have been doing very well since I restarted Judd Feb.8.
Today is my 6th day>> Lost 6.5lbs.
Today is a ud.
have a good one all.
kind
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Hey there JUDDDers!

A beautiful day in South Carolina...supposed to be 73 and it is really sunny. Gorgeous. It's warming up back home, too. We're not sure we're going to stay out our whole week here, may head home early, we shall see.

Leo, I'm not sure I understand why you are buying fresh veggies and then freezing them? Wouldn't that negate any probiotic effect that fresh ones may have--after all, frozen veggies are just fresh veggies that have been frozen????

SoHappy, I LOVE the spring greens. We buy the big box at Costco and go through a couple of those a week. We love salads.

Today is a DD for me and I will have a big salad tonight. I had shied away at first from salad on my DDs since I don't really care for fat free low cal dressings. My favorite dressing is a simple olive oil and fresh lemon with herbs. Last DD, I tried it with just lemon and herbs and it was actually pretty good, so that's what I'll do again tonight.

I was a bit scale-shocked yesterday. There was a scale in the gym here, and nobody was around, so I hopped on fully clothed and shoe'd. Ack! More than 10 pounds higher than my last weigh-in at home. I raced out and found the DH and made him weigh himself. He always weighs himself fully clothed. He said hmmm, this scale is about 10 pounds too high. Whew. I think I'll wait until I get home again before I risk that trauma lol.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Hey there JUDDDers!

A beautiful day in South Carolina...supposed to be 73 and it is really sunny. Gorgeous. It's warming up back home, too. We're not sure we're going to stay out our whole week here, may head home early, we shall see.

Leo, I'm not sure I understand why you are buying fresh veggies and then freezing them? Wouldn't that negate any probiotic effect that fresh ones may have--after all, frozen veggies are just fresh veggies that have been frozen????

SoHappy, I LOVE the spring greens. We buy the big box at Costco and go through a couple of those a week. We love salads.

Today is a DD for me and I will have a big salad tonight. I had shied away at first from salad on my DDs since I don't really care for fat free low cal dressings. My favorite dressing is a simple olive oil and fresh lemon with herbs. Last DD, I tried it with just lemon and herbs and it was actually pretty good, so that's what I'll do again tonight.

I was a bit scale-shocked yesterday. There was a scale in the gym here, and nobody was around, so I hopped on fully clothed and shoe'd. Ack! More than 10 pounds higher than my last weigh-in at home. I raced out and found the DH and made him weigh himself. He always weighs himself fully clothed. He said hmmm, this scale is about 10 pounds too high. Whew. I think I'll wait until I get home again before I risk that trauma lol.

Scared straight!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hi girlies -

Official Week 1 Weigh In - -5.0 lbs!

Now, it would have been more but my Laurapalooza on Saturday caused the scale to bump up a bit but that's okay. Not racing here. Well, I am trying to convince myself I'm not racing. LOL!

Today's UD I plan to keep more controlled. Enjoyable but controlled. Unless my husband brings me Lindt Truffles. Then I can't say for sure what I'll do.

Leo - I didn't find that brussel sprouts recipe yet. Can you tell me what you do with them? Thanks!

Have a great day!

Laura
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hi girlies -

YAY LAURA!!!!!!!!!!! Whooo hooooo!! That's really great!!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Today is my 6th day>> Lost 6.5lbs.

YAHOOOOOOOOOO Kind!! Awesome job!!![
Old 02-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Afternoon Y'all! LOVE LOVE LOVE my JUDDD GROUP~~

I'm getting ready to go to a Cancer Support Group and just for fun, I'm getting dressed up and putting makeup on. It makes ME feel good and feminine. I'm wearing a pretty skirt and jacket.

I had a great DD yesterday and today is an UP, but so far I haven't eaten much, been too busy, so I'd better eat when I get home.

The scale is telling me GOOD things!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, love-filled JUDDD day!!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hi girlies -

Now, it would have been more but my Laurapalooza on Saturday caused the scale to bump up a bit but that's okay. Not racing here. Well, I am trying to convince myself I'm not racing. LOL!

Today's UD I plan to keep more controlled. Enjoyable but controlled. Unless my husband brings me Lindt Truffles. Then I can't say for sure what I'll do.

Leo - I didn't find that brussel sprouts recipe yet. Can you tell me what you do with them? Thanks!

Have a great day!

Laura

Laura....GREAT JOB!!!

Leo....I fully realize that a 2lb gain after eating out on an UD is water weight, but it's still discouraging how quickly that comes back on. I've very sodium sensitive and know better. However....weighing daily is the only thing that keeps me accountable. I am very easily led astray and denial is my favorite state of mind. I need to be ever vigilant.
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #320
Senior LCF member

Congratulations to all the 'losers'--kind & Laura :clap:

Laura--right here on "Other Plans" in addition to this thread, look for a JUDDD menu/recipe thread. It's there. You should check that out anyway for other recipes, etc.

Penguin- No, you're absolutely right about 'freezing' veg. I was just thinking out loud because I felt I'd bought so much, but after cooking it all yesterday (and eating a lot:-), I realize that I only have enough for a couple of days, so I can eat it all fresh. I just need to control myself when I shop and not buy too much at any one time.

I read an article that we should never weigh on the scales at the gym because they are notoriously off--from so many people jumping on and off (not to mention kids playing on them).

Sherrie- But my point is that water fluctuations are not really "weight." If I weigh myself in the morning, and I'm 152 lbs, but I then weigh myself at 3 pm, and I'm 155, I haven't 'gained' 3 lbs. It's just water fluctuations in the body. I know you like to weigh daily, and that's fine, but just don't assume you're 'gaining' every time you see a higher number. Women are especially prone to water fluctuations, and it is especially strong with JUDDD.

I may be overreacting to what you posted because it drives me crazy on the Main Lobby when people start 'tweaking' their plan because they weigh daily and see a 1 or 2 lb "gain."

Last edited by Leo41; 02-14-2011 at 12:12 PM..
Old 02-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Hi every body. And happy valentines day.
It's an ud for me and so far so good.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Drum roll Please.
Great job also Laura.and every one whois losing and getting healthy.

Just for the fun part. I got out my Ketone strips.{got 3 months ago.} Even though I didnt take it in morning but few mins.ago it said Im in the trace.
If I remember right from Doing Atkins years ago that means burning fat./
Maybe with those 2 dds{Not together. fasting is working .
But Tuesday is a dd{ not fasting{ but keeping very low cals.as I can.
making **vegetarian chilli and turkey burgers and salald for tonight.
Have a great night.
kind
Old 02-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

What is a good pulse rate? Just took mine. 49
Old 02-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening everyone!!

Today has been a great day, I feel SOOOO good. I am sure the gluten sensitivity has been a factor in my feeling poorly, now that I'm gluten-free!

Being an UP day, I had a good exercise this morning. Got me going! We had a great time at the cancer support group and now it's time to kick back and relax!

Kind: Gee, 49 is very low I believe. How is your blood pressure? Do you feel dizzy or fatigued?
Old 02-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #325

Quote:
What is a good pulse rate? Just took mine. 49
Is this normal for you? Because it isn't normal. Has your pulse rate just slowed to this recently?

"..........The normal pulse rate for humans, while resting, ranges between 60 to 80 beats per minute. In well-conditioned athletes, the pulse rate can also be as low as 60. When the pulse rate exceeds the normal range for a resting pulse, the condition is referred to as tachycardia, and when it falls below the normal range, the condition is referred to as bradycardia.........."

Your heart is stimulated to beat by electrical impulses, and certain things can slow these impulses down. Do you notice other systems of your body being slowed down too? Do you have hypothyroid problems? Are you on any new medications? How long have you been following this diet? I know you do it at a very low calorie level? Have you always eaten at such a low calorie level, or is that something new here? I know you certainly aren't anorexic, and am in no way insinuating that you remotely are, but I know that they get to a point of very slow heart rates. My mother had to have a pacemaker installed, but she was quite elderly. I think you are young yet, right?

If this is not normal for you, and if it persists, I'd be calling my Doctor's office to see if they think it might need to be investigated further. Hugs! I want you to stay strong and healthy!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Hi. I just took my blood pressure. 10;30pm.
130 over 82. pluse.. 60.
was just at the Drs. last week. and all seemed fine.
No new meds.
dieting. Off and on. but since Feb8th beendieting.
I feel wonderful. Can run and walk on tredmil for 2miles.
all good.
Dr. when we talked before and i was thinking of diet. asked if i could do 1200 -1000 .he looked at chart and said no proble. just listen to body and make sure Im eating heather foods. lay off junk.ect.
On my ud today was 650 but did make myself eat over 1200cals.,
Im 61,4 ft. 11 small bone.
I sure listen to all our help. Thanks.
but like i said i feel great. only thing is i get cold.easy. mostly on my dds. I have always had my diets when i have done them were low calaries.
I dont loose if I go over 1200. slow to lose.
got to go. but thanks for careing.I will keep eay on puserate.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #327

Quote:
Hi. I just took my blood pressure. 10;30pm.
130 over 82. pluse.. 60.
was just at the Drs. last week. and all seemed fine.
No new meds.
dieting. Off and on. but since Feb8th beendieting.
I feel wonderful. Can run and walk on tredmil for 2miles.
all good.
Dr. when we talked before and i was thinking of diet. asked if i could do 1200 -1000 .he looked at chart and said no proble. just listen to body and make sure Im eating heather foods. lay off junk.ect.
On my ud today was 650 but did make myself eat over 1200cals.,
Im 61,4 ft. 11 small bone.
I sure listen to all our help. Thanks.
but like i said i feel great. only thing is i get cold.easy. mostly on my dds. I have always had my diets when i have done them were low calaries.
I dont loose if I go over 1200. slow to lose.
got to go. but thanks for careing.I will keep eay on puserate.
OK, Dear JUDDD Friend. It sounds like your calories are pretty much in the ballpark for your size and needs.

And pulse rate up to 60 now is better, isn't it. Perhaps you were just quite calm and relaxed at the moment you were taking pulse before.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:47 AM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys I am posting for some accountablility....Since coming home from the hospital I have been to lax with my eating. My dd are good but my ud even when planned have turned into something else. I could blame a few things that are going on that are making me bit more anxious than usual but those would just be exuses... When do I not have something going on. I need to re-focus today. I am still above my range and not comfortable.

So today is a new day and DD. Part of me gets anxious because this is the point that I know if I do not re-focus I can wind up waking up 20 pounds over my goal range instead of 8 this is the scary part of maintaining You have to stay with it!! Your stuggles do not end you just weigh less..Any words of encouragement today would be great....

Thanks for listening!!! Jodi

Last edited by JKat; 02-15-2011 at 02:49 AM..
Old 02-15-2011, 03:03 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Kind

49 is low..Just keep an eye on it and make sure you are not dipping down into the 40's then bouncing back up. If you feel dizzy or faint please take your pulse and sit down. The pacemaker of our hearts send the single to start your heart beat and sometimes with age or ect..it can slow down a bit. If you notice this please tell your docter..Hugs!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:46 AM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
My DD went so-so yesterday,i was starving but i didn't give in...

Today being an UD i will be making better choices for the amount of food that i can enjoy...that's where JUDD program comes in...CHOICES.... we can eat what we want but with.... MODERATION ....and that's one thing i've learn in my first week on this program...i thought UD...oh wow..go crazy..food galore... ya well it will catch up with you no matter what...we do have a variety of food in front of us...just use them wisely and do count those calories cause in the end every bite counts ...

Have a great day JUDDERS...
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote