Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 05:44 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Weekly Weigh-In

Well, started JUDD on 2/4 at 271 and weigh 266 this morning.....5lb!!

I am really excited, as I don't really feel that was a lot of water weight...had been doing WW for 5 weeks and had lost about 8lb. What I'm MOST excited about is that I have actually accomplished 4 DD's now under 500 calories. Leo remembers that last time I attempted JUDD, I couldn't manage to get below 600 calories for the life of me....think it was a mental thing.
Anyway, I'm really pleased. I leave for Florida on Tuesday (returning late Friday night) and not quite sure how I'm gonna handle that. I don't really see me being successful with DD's while away and eating out a lot. Just gonna try to make healthy choices and do a DD on Monday and Saturday when I return. I just don't want to undo all I've accomplished this week.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html

Last edited by onceNforall; 02-12-2011 at 05:45 AM..
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2011, 06:28 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm glad the weekend is here! It's been hectic these last couple of days, but now I get some time to do whatever I want around here. I'll probably do a 15:15:15 sort of day, with 15 minutes caring for the house, 15 minutes on myself & exercise, and 15 minutes on the computer.. playing.

Wonderful news here this morning with Gaetane reporting a great DD, and Sherrie and RFL reporting weight losses! Way to go JUDDDers!

The JUDDD magic is at work!

Hope you all have a great day, and I look forward to stopping back in here during the day to see how everyone else is doing.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:28 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Good Morning ALL!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back for personals, but I HAD TO SHARE!!

I just weighed for the week and today I am in a NEW decade and hit the 40 pounds lost mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am over the moon excited!! And it's not even my birthday!!

BUT!!!!!!! It is my hubby and my 28th wedding anniversary!!!!! Woot Wooot! AND today is an UP day! WOW, can it get ANY BETTER???

Thanks to everyone here!! Thank you, thank you! You have helped me SO much!! I LOVE JUDDD!!!!!!!!
:birth day: woohoo!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy for YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and happy anniversary too!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:28 AM   #274
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Jodi- I didn't realize you'd been maintaining for 7 years! That's terrific, and you should congratulate yourself. My motto is "Eternal vigilance is the price of maintenance," and I agree with you that the key is to weigh regularly and pull back whenever the scale moves to the top of your range.

The reason I wanted to raise DDs is that I didn't know if I'd be able to keep up 350 DDs indefinitely, but I'm having difficulty raising them! I find that if I try for 500, I can too easily wind up at 800, much too high for me!

I have a friend who did Atkins, and she maintains by being strict M-Fri and permitting herself some small 'indulgences' on the weekend--perhaps a restaurant meal or a bagel for breakfast. I'm considering that approach because the M-Fri JUDDD routine is so familiar to me, and I'm relatively comfortable doing it.

What I also may try is to keep my 'normal' DDs and UDs and simply add a big serving of green veggies to each day. I've been struggling with regularity and am trying some probiotics next week, but I've also heard that fresh vegetables will help with the gut flora, too. I tend to buy frozen because they're easier to manage, and that may have contributed to my problem.

A good serving of veggies each day might be just enough for me to maintain without making any other changes.

As you point out, it may take me a while to get a good routine for maintenance, but my overall goal is to insure I don't gain while I'm experimenting!

RealFood- Congratulations on the new decade and great loss
It's always good to see our hard work pay off. Enjoy your anniversary celebration!

Sherrie- Great loss--congratulations If you're getting to 500 cal, you also may activate that 'gene' this time (if there's any validity to that; I'm never sure), and that may help long term on JUDDD.

I agree that it's almost impossible to do a good DD when you're on vacation and eating out. What I've tried to do sometimes is simply "cycle" calories if that's possible. For example, one one day I might have a small breakfast and skip lunch entirely to make sure that day's calories are lower than the next. If this isn't possible, I then do what you've planned--just try to make healthy choices.

Keep in mind that in my experience JUDDD is very forgiving. Any 'gain' on vacation, I've always lost within the following week with no trouble at all once I get back to my rotation. But whatever you do, be sure to ENJOY your time in Florida.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:31 AM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post

I am really excited, as I don't really feel that was a lot of water weight...had been doing WW for 5 weeks and had lost about 8lb. What I'm MOST excited about is that I have actually accomplished 4 DD's now under 500 calories. Leo remembers that last time I attempted JUDD, I couldn't manage to get below 600 calories for the life of me....think it was a mental thing.
Anyway, I'm really pleased. I leave for Florida on Tuesday (returning late Friday night) and not quite sure how I'm gonna handle that. I don't really see me being successful with DD's while away and eating out a lot. Just gonna try to make healthy choices and do a DD on Monday and Saturday when I return. I just don't want to undo all I've accomplished this week.
Sherrie, have you ever considered doing Fast 5 during those times when you know a dd would be difficult at best? I used it over the holidays while traveling and it helped me maintain my weight. Good luck with your travels. We'll be rooting for you. The other thing I remember is that if you hop right back in, you can undo any harm pretty quickly.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:36 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
Welcome to Saturday! Felt so good to sleep in this morning and it looks like the weather is going to improve all week.

Yesterday's DD was successful. I drank lots of herbal tea and water, and a whey protein shake made with skim milk for lunch. Dinner out consisted of a delicious white fish with a mint pesto steamed in a banana leaf. It was served with two small squares of what looked like polenta but was actually finely pureed yellow lentils. We also shared an order of mint ginger naan. Wow, everything was so yummy and I was so stuffed after all this. It was such a beautiful night in NYC that I decided to walk back to the bus depot, about a mile. I think my calorie consumption was probably about 700, so not too bad and I was delighted to see my weight down another pound this morning. I am claiming the 4 lbs lost this week as mine!

Today presents another challenge with dinner out tonight with the hubs and another couple. I picked the restaurant after looking at the menu. There is a poached salmon which looked good and should probably be low in calories. I am going to splurge and also have a glass of wine.

SHERRIE--congrats on the 5 lb loss this week! Keep up the good work and enjoy your trip to Florida.

Congrats to all the other losers and maintainers this week. I am so lovin' this WOE! Thank you all for your warm welcome, the great tips and the wonderful encouragement.

Happy day,
Jane
12/31/2010 188.0
1/31/2011 185.0
2/28/2011 181.0
3/31/2011 179.0
4/30/2011 171.0
5/31/2011 176.5 (2 weeks of vacation!)
6/30-7/31/2011 166.5/167.0 (Maintenance!)

Last edited by sweetpea49; 02-12-2011 at 06:42 AM..
sweetpea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Real and Sherrie - WTG on the losses! That is soooo wonderful.
Happy Anniversary, too!!!

It's going to be a golden day here in Texas with some warmer weather! YAY! I too have an UD today and managed to keep my DD at just under 500 calories yesterday despite my boob drama!

Hope everyone has a super UD, DD, MD or whatever D you are doing!

Laura
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #278
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Realfood congrats on the loss. and I hope you and your husband had a happy anniversary
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
Realfood congrats on the loss. and I hope you and your husband had a happy anniversary

Thank you dasiey!!

He's not awake yet to start our day!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #280
Blabbermouth!!!

tell him to get its time to party...
Old 02-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Eatin clean@ using the Nutri Bullet
Start Date: .Aug. 2012
Hi every one,
The Sun is shinny and what a wonderful day to start our life.
Great job to all of you whom lost weight and learning a healthy way to eat.
Today is ud and yesterday my dd was great.
I restarted Judd on Feb 8th,{ weekly weigh is is Monday.
Also did 1mile on tredmil and will keep doing that.
Have a great weekend all.
Kind
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Stopping by to say, "hello" to all. I do JUDDD occasionally now when I want to see the scale move. Otherwise I have been counting calories and carbs. I am down 50 pounds since last May so this seems to be working for me. My first 30 pounds were lost doing JUDDD so I know JUDDD works!!!

Sherrie Congratulations on the five pounds!!! I hope you have a nice time in Florida.

Leisa Nice to see you posting again. Much success with JUDDD.

Congratulations to everyone else on your losses! Keep up the good work.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Stopping by to say, "hello" to all. I do JUDDD occasionally now when I want to see the scale move. Otherwise I have been counting calories and carbs. I am down 50 pounds since last May so this seems to be working for me. My first 30 pounds were lost doing JUDDD so I know JUDDD works!!!

Congratulations to everyone else on your losses! Keep up the good work.
Hi Redeemed! Please stop by more often and share with us!!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #284
Senior LCF member

Hi Redeemed- I second the suggestion that you visit with us more often--and congratulations on the 50 lbs--that's sensational
Old 02-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
RL Congrats on your loss and your wonderful marriage! My anniversery is the end of the month too!! It will be 16years for me.

Redeemed I am so happy things are working out for you!!

Today is an Up day for me and we are going out with my in-laws (who I love!!) for some cocktails.

Leo I am cheering you on with your new challenge....I still stuggle as you know but the boards here and talking with you guys and others really helps me come back to center.

Last edited by JKat; 02-12-2011 at 12:57 PM..
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #286
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post

wtg
applebees has those meals they say are under 550 calories
maybe thats something you can try.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Redeemed! I've missed you! You really should check in more often!

UD for me and I am thrilled because I haven't felt the need to overeat at all today!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Leisa and one for all I am glad u two r having good days!!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:23 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Judders

Today is a dd for me and I think I am going to do shakes today..Easy peasy and no thought. I am going to do a kettlebell workout this morning too.

Whats everyones plans for today??
Old 02-13-2011, 04:48 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, dd for me also. Going to have an Atkins bar with cream cheese about 7 or 8 tonight and fill myself with lots of water and hot tea until then. I woke to LOTS of bloating today and was very thirsty last night so I know I just need liquids. I'm wondering if it's the pain meds. See the doctor in the a.m. Off to church this morning and looking forward to it! Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #291
Senior LCF member

Leisa- In my experience, most pain meds will cause water retention. I have Rx tramadol, and that causes both water retention and constipation in me, so I have to be in a LOT of pain before I take any!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:50 AM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning you lovely group of JUDDDers!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the Happening Place!! Hugs to all of you!
Thank you all for the congrats and well-wishes!

The day was great, my family is amazing. Our Princess (11) made homemade cards, banners and confetti and our 16 year old son did lots of work for us so Dad and Mom could take it easy.

And the dinner I made was a hit and it was special. We rarely have beef because we want the good stuff and it's expensive. But yesterday we splurged and everyone loved it (especially ME!) It was a wonderful UP day and I did not go overboard and did not have an desire to.

And, to top it all off, this morning's scale gave me 1 1/2 LOSS, after an UP day?? Whooo hooo! Closer to that VWT! Only 2 pounds away.

OH and going by Sunday to Sunday... I lost 5 3/4 pounds last week. This is HUGE for me who doesn't usually lose every week even on strict LC, and if I do, it's parts of a pound. NEVER 5-6 pounds in ONE week! NEVER! I don't even lose that much in a month usually! JUDDD has turned on my metabolism for sure!

Leisa: How you feeling today? Great news on good days!
Leo: You inspire me daily! I know you will work this out to fit you!
Jodi: Your plan sounds great!Happy upcoming anniversary! Wooot!
Dasiey: How are you today?
Kind: Great Job!!
Laura: Congrats!
Jane: Keep going!
Sherrie: I agree with Leo! She is so wise and she's BTDT (Been There Done That)
Once: You CAN do this!
SoHappy: How are you doing? Are you enjoying your gluc powder? I still haven't gotten mine cuz I don't own a credit card, nor do I use PayPal, so I'd have to send the guy a check. I'm glad you are playing with the stuff and you like it. I'll copy all your tips for when I get mine.
Gaetes: How are you today?

If I missed anyone, I apologize!

Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Morning all -

DD for me and for some steeyoopid reason I went bananas yesterday on my UD. I didn't binge but I just ate a lot of crap. So I'm picking myself up by my gogo boot straps and having a nice controlled DD to get things back in perspective.

Real - That is an amazing loss! Congratulations!

Leisa - Your atkins bar with cream cheese sounds so good! Which bar do you use and do you mix it all together or just spread the cream cheese on the bar.

I just went grocery shopping and bought some brussel sprouts. I have heard that roasting them makes them really yummy! Perhaps I read that on this board. I'm going to search for it and give it a try today. And I'm also going to finally split a 40 calorie piece of bread into two right before my eyes - abracadabra! I actually got some konjac powder after reading about it here, too. I am going to go back and figure out a good use for it on my DDs.

Leo - do you stay away from soy? I know with our being hypothyroid it is recommended but I've seen where some people eat it in small amounts. I have some tofu shirataki noodles that I've been hemming and hawing about eating.

Tomorrow is first week official weigh in day!

Laura
Old 02-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #294
Senior LCF member

Laura- I stay away from soy, but when I asked my endo about it, he said that anything is OK in 'moderation.' He explained that it's a problem if eaten regularly as an important part of the person's diet. But I've heard that soy is bad for other reasons besides thyroid, so I generally stay away from it.

Are those fresh brussels sprouts? If so, you might consider this way of roasting them (on recipe thread)-

I've done the same thing with frozen--without defrosting.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Leisa- In my experience, most pain meds will cause water retention. I have Rx tramadol, and that causes both water retention and constipation in me, so I have to be in a LOT of pain before I take any!
Yes, that's what I'm taking along with Ibuprofen (otc) I'm only taking it at night now to help me sleep.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
Good afternoon all! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

We went out for dinner last night with friends--what a waste of calories! I ordered broiled salmon, only to be later told that they had no more. So, next best dish was the crispy trout. Well, I am not a huge fan of trout, but it came over buckwheat and edamame puree. It all looked good presentation wise, but had ZERO flavor--no seasoning whatsoever. We were all so hungry by the time the entrees arrived that everyone cleaned their plates. The best part of the dinner, besides the company, were the 2 glasses of wine I consumed. Oh well.....

Will be doing a MD plan. Errands to run and food to cook.

Enjoy!
Jane
sweetpea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Eatin clean@ using the Nutri Bullet
Start Date: .Aug. 2012
Hi. every one.
Today is .dd .Im doing very well since I restarted doing Juddd Feb 8th.
Been reading the book more and also Eat to live.
Why is having soy bad? I like morning star veggie burgers at times.and I also like slik soy milk.
Also, Im going to be in few weeks testing my blood for Omega 3 and Omega 6.
From what Im learning about Omega6 is Not good. and also alot of our foods have that.
Here I thought eating nuts{1/4c. is serving for most.Is not good for us. to much Omega 6.
Just thought This might be a good read for some.
It is good to share things and talk. I guess eating healthy and losing weight is more then calarie counting.It is what we eat.
I can not wait for Monday to have my first 1 week weigh in.
Every one is doing a great job.
kind
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Are those fresh brussels sprouts? If so, you might consider this way of roasting them (on recipe thread)-

I've done the same thing with frozen--without defrosting.
Yes, they are fresh. I'm going to check out the recipe thread now. Good to know you can do it with frozen. I generally like to buy frozen because around our house, there aren't a lot of veggie eaters and I'll forget I bought something and end up throwing out vegetables that have gone bad.

Laura
Old 02-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #299
Senior LCF member

Leisa- Yes, the tramadol is great for helping you sleep when you're in pain. With my arthritis, I tend to get pain mainly when I am going to sleep, and I can have a very 'un-restful' sleep because of that. The doctor tells me that's because the muscles relax and the joint pain breaks through. In any case, I can get a really good night's sleep if I take my tramadol, but, as I mentioned, I try to avoid it as much as possible because of its side effects.

Laura- I tend to buy frozen veggies myself because it's easier for me to be flexible in meal planning. However, I've just been reading that fresh veggies are better for my new 'probiotic' plan (trying to cure my chronic constipation). So I spent today cooking the onions & zucchini, cauliflower, and asparagus I bought today so that I can freeze some of it for future meals. Otherwise, I'd be tempted to finish it all off today. That can be expensive, both in $$ and lbs
Old 02-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

RL I am fine thanks for asking. I had a great dd today.
and congrats on the loss.